Going back to a previous patch.

<p>I've played around with it on a few different saves. I myself like the popularity changes if its worth anything. My very good workers are getting over better. My excellent workers are now stars. My more boring workers arent getting pop for no reason. If i put the right people consistently on TV in a positive way they seem to gain popularity properly and if I dont they dont. </p><p> </p><p> Everything with this last patch seems perfect to me.</p><p> </p><p> Broadcaster size definitely matters. </p><p> </p><p> As far as you making "too many" stars... this WOULD happen in real life if WWE booked people properly and had consistent win streaks and gave more of their top stars better momentum. As they used to. When the company has hot angles and books with consistency they make stars. And if you think they arent making stars today I just dont know what to tell you but this current crop of upper talent from Seth down to Braun and ladies like Charlotte and Becky is probably a more recognizable "top ten" then its been in decades. Cena was always THE ONE GUY everyone knew but due to podcasting and major sports sites picking up WWE and stuff like Barstool... regular people know who Kofi Kingston is and they didnt used to. </p><p> </p><p> WWE has problems but making popular and entertaining talent is not one of of them. The talent is fine. Its the TV show that sucks.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Anyway rant over. You're making too many stars because youre good at the game. Seems like theres other ways to make the game harder for YOURSELF if YOU want to than tying it so closely to the Star Quality stat for everyone else. Maybe play around with preferences and settings to tune it just right for you and see if that helps. I'd try that over reverting to an old version of that game.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51405" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>People have been finding it in the Cverse, with dozens of workers at 90+ pop after a few years, which is clearly broken.<p> </p><p> Looks like 1.18 has improved things, though it'll take a bit more testing to be sure.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Where was this outcry? I missed it in the forums. I didnt see this much unless I had my cheaty mega broadcaster with enormous coverage everywhere but I admit I only simmed a year or so in most of the saves I toyed around with.</p>

Where was this outcry? I missed it in the forums. I didnt see this much unless I had my cheaty mega broadcaster with enormous coverage everywhere but I admit I only simmed a year or so in most of the saves I toyed around with.

There was a thread in tech support which has now been deleted. Some mention of it in these threads:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2458673&postcount=31

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548622&page=3

I think what he's saying, and something I've believed for a a while, is that they do this to control someone getting 'too big' to sign...or who risks overshadowing the brand and having the kind of leverage that, well, Vince doesn't want anyone having. It's akin to giving a starting QB a few 4th quarters off over the course of the season so he doesn't hit his performance goals or finish in the Top 5 for MVP voting so they save a few mil on his next contract...or an MLB team not bringing up a stud prospect until may to get an extra year of eligibility. It's certainly counter productive to what the ultimate goal is (make money, entertain and draw fans) but they feel like the brand is what brings the eyeballs...and its a business. There is certainly an argument to be made that they're right...and wrong to do this. There are exceptions to this...the John Cena's and Brock Lesnar's who Vince kind of allows to get THAT big...but it's controlled, and he has his guys.

This is absolutely correct. They have publically stated over and over that no one is bigger than the brand. They book in a way that reflects that. They don't want anyone getting big enough to hold them hostage.

I appreciate, that Adam & co. consider the negative reaction of many players. But I would prefer not to drop the cab, but rather make if fluid.

IMO it shouldn't happen, that you have lots of 90-guys at once. Or that you can produce them so easy.

On the other hand there shoud always be the chance to get your "love child" over 90. It should just be hard, more time-consuming and demanding more than the natural tactics (good matches/angles). Turns, public appearences (triggered by promoter?), feud wins, etc. breaking the occional cab wall.

I would also love it, when high pop decreases again, when the wrestler becomes less relevant for the promotion (SCSA) or the people have just seen enough of him as a major star (Hogan, Flair).