Did the older TEW games get removed?

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely irate at this. I enjoy playing from TEW 2005 to each different version to see what changes and then carry over my promotion date over, edit it at the start then setup a new game. Why have the older games just been trashed because they're not popular or up to date? It's still nice to have them. Are we getting free versions, or have they just been trashed never to be seen again like the long lost TEW 2004. Seems bizarre to me a creator wouldn't want to keep games he made previously even if they've been improved on.

Honestly if this isn't fixed I just have no interest in playing another GDS game again. It's not the way I'd like to play and preservation of content is very important to me. I have enough of an issue with games rendered obsolete and pointless when the new iteration comes out as it is. Really, really disappointed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="howchuck" data-cite="howchuck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51439" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Absolutely irate at this. I enjoy playing from TEW 2005 to each different version to see what changes and then carry over my promotion date over, edit it at the start then setup a new game. Why have the older games just been trashed because they're not popular or up to date? It's still nice to have them. Are we getting free versions, or have they just been trashed never to be seen again like the long lost TEW 2004. Seems bizarre to me a creator wouldn't want to keep games he made previously even if they've been improved on.<p> </p><p> Honestly if this isn't fixed I just have no interest in playing another GDS game again. It's not the way I'd like to play and preservation of content is very important to me. I have enough of an issue with games rendered obsolete and pointless when the new iteration comes out as it is. Really, really disappointed.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks</p>

Absolutely irate at this. I enjoy playing from TEW 2005 to each different version to see what changes and then carry over my promotion date over, edit it at the start then setup a new game. Why have the older games just been trashed because they're not popular or up to date? It's still nice to have them. Are we getting free versions, or have they just been trashed never to be seen again like the long lost TEW 2004. Seems bizarre to me a creator wouldn't want to keep games he made previously even if they've been improved on.

Honestly if this isn't fixed I just have no interest in playing another GDS game again. It's not the way I'd like to play and preservation of content is very important to me. I have enough of an issue with games rendered obsolete and pointless when the new iteration comes out as it is. Really, really disappointed.

So this is really good satire right? I've had a rough day so I think I'm just reading this too seriously. Kudos to you sir :)

I don't get the joke, guess I'm in the minority. I guess people don't care about older games taken off the market rather than released for free or archived. Some people like to see what changes between each game and import games, you know. That's why there's an editor.

Meh, whatever. I'll just download the trials and import the data into TEW 2010 or something and do it that way.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="howchuck" data-cite="howchuck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51439" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't get the joke, guess I'm in the minority. I guess people don't care about older games taken off the market rather than released for free or archived. Some people like to see what changes between each game and import games, you know. That's why there's an editor.<p> </p><p> Meh, whatever. I'll just download the trials and import the data into TEW 2010 or something and do it that way.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Question. If you enjoy playing 2005 and all of the old versions, wouldn’t you already own the older games and then no longer need them to be sold because you have purchased them previously?</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance that we could at least get the demos back up long enough to mirror for the converter utilities? Some older mods can be helpful to the modding community.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads/

I also have a TEW 2004 working demo and I've converted the data over to TEW 2005 but with it not having a working converter any longer, I've had to do it manually so most of the worker data is just taken from TEW 2005 (I've changed all their contracts, bios and stuff to their 2004 counterparts however). Just in case anyone would be interested.

I did manage to get all of my licenses back without a problem and that link was a good resource to reclaim all the demos and retails over the years so it's not too much of an issue for me. I know people aren't likely to care about these games going forward so I can understand why they're not being sold anymore but I just don't condone taking them off the market completely. I was lucky to find that gds download link.

Honestly, with permission someday I might just release the TEW bundle with all the updated data/graphics/picture/patches and trial/retail exe's (obviously not the licenses so they'd only be there to look at the data or convert) and keep it archived somewhere. It's just nice to have and see how the game evolved and what the setups were for each game.

• 2 months later...

Well that sucks. Those games will end up disappearing for good and that's a shame. Why would it be assumed that no-one would ever be interested in these titles? Someone is always going to have nostalgia or an old save file or something. Was their presence here really draining that much profit from the newer releases?

Regarding already owning the titles, you're not taking into account the mid-1990's era registration method that GDS uses. Given that I've changed computers and e-mails a few times over the last 20 years, I can no longer play the vast majority of the GDS titles that I've purchased (which has been most if not all of the TEW's and WMMA's, along with several others).

And while we're on the topic of the site, what's with the secret service stuff on the subforums? I came here to look up some strategy for one of my games, just to browse and read discussion, but before I can do that I now have to dig up a username and password that I only use about once every 4 years.

I love your games, but there's always an off-putting sense of paranoia emanating from Grey Dog...

What does it hurt to let loyal, long-time fans access a 15 year old wrestling title? Really, what other demographic is going to have interest in something like that?

I assure you that the North Koreans are not interested in stealing tips and strategies for WMMA2 from your subforum.

And consider joining the rest of the world and coming over to Steam. I get that Steam takes 10% or something and you no longer have quite the same control regarding reviews and such, but you're probably going to gain more money than you lose by selling on Steam as opposed to remaining in this isolated enclave. You can't be getting many new customers using a business model that is 10 years out of date.

Just consider it. Now I'll get out of here and browse the year-old comments in the WMMA5 forum as I'd intended.

• 11 months later...
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads/

I also have a TEW 2004 working demo and I've converted the data over to TEW 2005 but with it not having a working converter any longer, I've had to do it manually so most of the worker data is just taken from TEW 2005 (I've changed all their contracts, bios and stuff to their 2004 counterparts however). Just in case anyone would be interested.

I did manage to get all of my licenses back without a problem and that link was a good resource to reclaim all the demos and retails over the years so it's not too much of an issue for me. I know people aren't likely to care about these games going forward so I can understand why they're not being sold anymore but I just don't condone taking them off the market completely. I was lucky to find that gds download link.

Honestly, with permission someday I might just release the TEW bundle with all the updated data/graphics/picture/patches and trial/retail exe's (obviously not the licenses so they'd only be there to look at the data or convert) and keep it archived somewhere. It's just nice to have and see how the game evolved and what the setups were for each game.

TEW 04 wow now that game is super hard to find. I have never played that version is it pretty fun, i heard its like a updated version of ewr