The Ability To Set A Fix Venue for TV Shows

<p>My question was more about the game penalizing you for staying in one place once you hit Medium.</p><p> </p><p>

As an example, when I was TCW I ran 2 weekly TV shows in addition to my monthly PPV. If I stayed in Mid South over and over it would hurt my attendance due to not going to other areas of the country for shows. Is this still a thing?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My question was more about the game penalizing you for staying in one place once you hit Medium.<p> </p><p> As an example, when I was TCW I ran 2 weekly TV shows in addition to my monthly PPV. If I stayed in Mid South over and over it would hurt my attendance due to not going to other areas of the country for shows. Is this still a thing?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think so but in that situation (at least for the AI) they can travel outside for its events if set up that way.</p><p> </p><p> I believe it’s starts at like 6 months without visiting where regions start to lose popularity.</p>

My question was more about the game penalizing you for staying in one place once you hit Medium.

As an example, when I was TCW I ran 2 weekly TV shows in addition to my monthly PPV. If I stayed in Mid South over and over it would hurt my attendance due to not going to other areas of the country for shows. Is this still a thing?

Also TV shows have an non effect on over saturation.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hailthebulldog" data-cite="hailthebulldog" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be a great idea. Honestly, I don't know if Crockett ever leaves the studios if Vince didn't start taping in arenas.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well...he only left the studios for his syndicated shows. Yes, those were the more important shows at the time back then because although cable penetration in the South was decently good even in the '80s, in the areas of the country he wished to expand to like the Northern cities it wasn't something that really reached a good base until the '90s. So he needed the syndicated shows (NWA Pro and World Wide Wrestling) to be competitive, perception-wise, with WWF because those shows were casting a bit of a wider net.</p><p> </p><p> But the TBS shows? Those stayed in studio. Because that's what was contractually obligated by Turner. That's why Turner was so ready to dump Vince after the Black Saturday takeover. It wasn't really Southerners calling in and asking "where's my Gordon Solie rasslin'" so much as it was Vince trying to snake his way around doing an actual studio wrestling show. Even when Crockett expanded to other cities and grew from a what would, in older TEW games, be classified as a regional promotion to a cult promotion, he stuck with the TBS show taped at Techwood Studios. They had to abide by the contract, and I'm pretty sure that the contract with TBS paid them in some way.</p><p> </p><p> And, hell...WWE is taping at the Performance Center (and now the lol Thunderdome) because FOX contractually obligates them to put out something "live" each week COVID be damned. Same deal with WCW still holding tapings at Universal Studios Orlando well into the height of the nWo angle when they were the hottest thing in wrestling and could sell out arenas.</p><p> </p><p> And that's the answer to that other poster's question as to "why would a larger company continue to shoot in a small studio when they can fill larger arenas for TV?": because they may be under contract to do so, and if they negotiated that contract well enough they're probably paid in some way to provide that. A way to mimic this is the company being paid to run the show by the broadcaster. That's part of why bringing back that aspect of broadcast deals from 2013 was so important, IMHO.</p>

And, additionally: this has been an often repeated request. I'm sure Adam knows by now that folks want it in. As to why it hasn't been adding in, and as to why it wasn't in to begin with is up to speculation and debate. I have a feeling it's either a technical issue, a cultural one, or a bit of both.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="spiffyone" data-cite="spiffyone" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And, additionally: this has been an often repeated request. I'm sure Adam knows by now that folks want it in. As to why it hasn't been adding in, and as to why it wasn't in to begin with is up to speculation and debate. I have a feeling it's either a technical issue, a cultural one, or a bit of both.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It hasn’t been a repeated request because I am not suggestion this to be tied in with broadcasts deals...Maybe for another version great, but I am simply asking for the ability to fix a venue and location for a TV show (as we can currently do with events) Nothing more nothing less. Let’s no complicate things.</p><p> </p><p> My suggestion doesn’t have anything to do with broadcasters.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe I want a specific show to only be live in the US or maybe I made a company that I want to run their TV show in a specific bar. Maybe I want to create a mod that replicates this COVID era and place RAW / Smackdown in the Thunderdome.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It hasn’t been a repeated request because I am not suggestion this to be tied in with broadcasts deals...Maybe for another version great, but I am simply asking for the ability to fix a venue and location for a TV show (as we can currently do with events) Nothing more nothing less. Let’s no complicate things.<p> </p><p> My suggestion doesn’t have anything to do with broadcasters.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe I want a specific show to only be live in the US or maybe I made a company that I want to run their TV show in a specific bar. Maybe I want to create a mod that replicates this COVID era and place RAW / Smackdown in the Thunderdome.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're conflating two separate things I stated in my post and therefore arguing against something that I didn't actually argue.</p><p> </p><p> The "fixed venues for TV shows" was what has been requested numerous times, and that and only that is to what I referred in that second post.</p><p> </p><p> My first post (the one that mentioned the broadcasting deals) was answering the separate question of "why would a large promotion keep taping in a studio?" It didn't have anything to do with the possibility or method of Adam adding the "tie venue to TV show" request (which I assure you has been requested for quite some time in numerous topics on this board). Rather, I mentioned the broadcast deal thing as a way in which <em>the player</em> can mimic the reason why a promotion may choose to do it if, hopefully, fixed venues for TV shows are added (and only if they want to just for "story logic" sense).</p>