The Ability To Set A Fix Venue for TV Shows

But what if the company size changes? Like, they normally tape their TV show in a 500 seat venue, but then they get big enough to fill a 5000 people arena, should the AI still be forced to tape the show at the 500 seat venue and leave so much money on the table?

I like the feature for events because of course if the event is called "The Battle of Los Angeles" you want it to happen in Los Angeles, and that's why I also love the fact that we now have locations and not just venues, so that the AI can always hold "The Battle of Los Angeles" in LA whether they need 100 seats or 100.000, but for TV shows it seems like it would force the AI into stupid decisions.

Besides, since companies can now have a "Home Arena", don't AI companies tend to tape their TV show at the home arena as long as it makes sense for them to do so? I'll admit I haven't really checked but isn't that a decent solution?

But what if the company size changes? Like, they normally tape their TV show in a 500 seat venue, but then they get big enough to fill a 5000 people arena, should the AI still be forced to tape the show at the 500 seat venue and leave so much money on the table?

I like the feature for events because of course if the event is called "The Battle of Los Angeles" you want it to happen in Los Angeles, and that's why I also love the fact that we now have locations and not just venues, so that the AI can always hold "The Battle of Los Angeles" in LA whether they need 100 seats or 100.000, but for TV shows it seems like it would force the AI into stupid decisions.

Besides, since companies can now have a "Home Arena", don't AI companies tend to tape their TV show at the home arena as long as it makes sense for them to do so? I'll admit I haven't really checked but isn't that a decent solution?

Hence why we should have the same options for TV. Whether someone want a company to stay in a specific arena (studio wrestling) despite size or keep them in a specific area for TV despite size.

Home arenas don’t matter once they get big enough. Point of this suggestion is to keep them at their home arena (studio wrestling) despite raising in size. They will still make tons of money from sponsors.

Another scenario is maybe someone want to keep a specific TV show in a specific country (NJPW Strong) or don’t want Raw or Smackdown running tapings outside of the US.

Options and more control.

But it doesn't seem very realistic to me! Why would a big company insist on "studio wrestling" when they can sell 5000 tickets per tv show, just because they started in a studio when they were small?

It also not realistic to go from a crowd of 500 to 10,000 in a year...

Besides I’m sure NWA have enough money and influence to not film in a studio of 200 people.

Same for NXT Wrestling.

The question is not so much "can the company afford it?" as "would the company be able to sell all those tickets?"

In real life, NXT or NWA wouldn't be able to fill a 5000 seat arena every single week so it makes sense to stay in a studio, tape several episodes at once, and only hold special events at bigger venues. Yes, the WWE could afford the cost of having NXT go on the road, they even considered it, but my best guess is that ultimately it would be a waste of money so they're sticking to the studio.

But if the AI runs a company that CAN sell 5000 tickets every week and can afford the cost of travelling, then why would they insist on staying in the small studio they started in?

The question is not so much "can the company afford it?" as "would the company be able to sell all those tickets?"

In real life, NXT or NWA wouldn't be able to fill a 5000 seat arena every single week so it makes sense to stay in a studio, tape several episodes at once, and only hold special events at bigger venues. Yes, the WWE could afford the cost of having NXT go on the road, they even considered it, but my best guess is that ultimately it would be a waste of money so they're sticking to the studio.

But if the AI runs a company that CAN sell 5000 tickets every week and can afford the cost of travelling, then why would they insist on staying in the small studio they started in?

Because the player playing in the world they created wanted them too?

Doesn’t really matter the size of a venue. We should have the option to make the AI film all of their TV shows at Madison square garden if we wanted to.

Maybe someone wants the AI to run shows at a specific location and then their Events at bigger locations around the country.

I set PWG max size to small and fix venue majority of their events at American Legion and they do fine financially. Some folks might want their Indy scene to stay the indie scene.

Because the player playing in the world they created wanted them too?

Doesn’t really matter the size of a venue. We should have the option to make the AI film all of their TV shows at Madison square garden if we wanted to.

Maybe someone wants the AI to run shows at a specific location and then their Events at bigger locations around the country.

I mean Jim Crockett likely could have sold 1,000-2,000 tickets to watch their tapings but really stuck to studio wrestling for multiple reasons.

What if a size specification accompanied the fixed TV location setting?

Fixed Location: 'Selection' if Size is 'Size' or smaller.

Them, you could specify, for example, an NWA-like promotion who could then outgrow the fixed studio location and take advantage of larger venues.

What if a size specification accompanied the fixed TV location setting?

Fixed Location: 'Selection' if Size is 'Size' or smaller.

Them, you could specify, for example, an NWA-like promotion who could then outgrow the fixed studio location and take advantage of larger venues.

That would be a great idea. Honestly, I don't know if Crockett ever leaves the studios if Vince didn't start taping in arenas.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Levinux" data-cite="Levinux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What if a size specification accompanied the fixed TV location setting? <p> </p><p> Fixed Location: 'Selection' if Size is 'Size' or smaller.</p><p> </p><p> Them, you could specify, for example, an NWA-like promotion who could then outgrow the fixed studio location and take advantage of larger venues.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or home venue could be more strick to when companies decide to leave. Maybe when they reach at least medium in size. Meaning that they would have to expand their TV coverage first before adventuring off to the uncharted.</p><p> </p><p> Either way that still doesn’t enable a company like old TNA or NXT to do TV shows at universal or Full Sail then have their PPV’s at a bigger arena.</p>

Could also have to do if the company owns the venues. I saw CMLL mentioned, since they own the arenas they run, they only run those arenas and have only run arenas they own as there is no fee to rent the venue, in reality since they own such prime real estate in Mexico City that they have a constant influx of minimum a few thousand fans.

With CMLL because they own the venues it doesn't really matter popularity size as the real estate is for all intents and purposes their main asset. THey have no need to look elsewhere as since they own the venues, and pay the wrestlers very little, majority ends up as profit, with no need to go elsewhere besides their network of arenas.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RasslinFan" data-cite="RasslinFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Could also have to do if the company owns the venues. I saw CMLL mentioned, since they own the arenas they run, they only run those arenas and have only run arenas they own as there is no fee to rent the venue, in reality since they own such prime real estate in Mexico City that they have a constant influx of minimum a few thousand fans.<p> </p><p> With CMLL because they own the venues it doesn't really matter popularity size as the real estate is for all intents and purposes their main asset. THey have no need to look elsewhere as since they own the venues, and pay the wrestlers very little, majority ends up as profit, with no need to go elsewhere besides their network of arenas.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if they are big enough, they will always seek a bigger venue. Whether it's a home venue or an owned venue.</p><p> </p><p> This is why I'm suggesting the option to fix a TV show to a venue the same way we can fix events to a venue or area.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MaximumZero" data-cite="MaximumZero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If a company owns the venue, like a studio or GSW's Warehouse, they could always choose to expand it. Arenas and entertainment venues add seating all the time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They don’t expand, they just find a bigger venue in the game. But that’s besides the point of the suggesting.</p>