Changing Worker Status

I was wondering how I would go about changing the status of a worker. In the last TEW I was able to go and do it in the editor for the live game, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

To put into context what I mean, I am currently playing a game and have a worker who has "Left The Business". I want to change that to something else, like Active or semi-active. Is there a way to do this for the current game I am playing? Or does it have to be done in the main editor and then I have to start the game all over again.

Thanks for the help.

<p>There's currently no way to do this in the current game. Many have asked it to be changed so that players can be brought back into the business (or that the ability to talk to such workers be added in so we can try to talk them back into the business), but it hasn't been changed since the initial release.</p><p> </p><p>

Saying you want it back runs the possible risk of getting a ton of people talking about how you want to "cheat the game" (or whatever term they're using these days), since apparently they don't have anything better to do with their time.</p><p> </p><p>

St.T</p>

<p>The only possible workaround is to set everyone who has left the business back to their original status in the editor before starting a game. I did that prior to the game's release with a lot of BSC's workers (the Neptune Twins, etc). I missed some (boy I could really use Honey Golightly and Sweet As Candy right about now) but my next save will see that rectified.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I'd be all for allowing you to talk a worker back to the business, as long as the parameters are set correctly. You don't want Small companies on WrestleWorld being able to coax Champagne Lover back to the business, for example.</p>

There's currently no way to do this in the current game. Many have asked it to be changed so that players can be brought back into the business (or that the ability to talk to such workers be added in so we can try to talk them back into the business), but it hasn't been changed since the initial release.

Saying you want it back runs the possible risk of getting a ton of people talking about how you want to "cheat the game" (or whatever term they're using these days), since apparently they don't have anything better to do with their time.

St.T

Well that stinks. I would at least hope that you could talk to the workers to get them to return, kind of like in real life. For instance if I was booking WWE and I wanted to bring back Trish Stratus for the Woman's Rumble. That would be cool at least.

Well that stinks. I would at least hope that you could talk to the workers to get them to return, kind of like in real life. For instance if I was booking WWE and I wanted to bring back Trish Stratus for the Woman's Rumble. That would be cool at least.

As far as the game is concerned, Trish Stratus never left the business. She was on hiatus and then returned to do ambassador stuff.

It's different for someone like ECW's Francine, for example.

I absolutely agree. I'm all for the ability to talk somebody back into working (whether an in-ring role or otherwise. As far as parameters go, I would say that an 80-year-old who has decided to leave the business is probably permanently gone as an in-ring performer, but Lou Thesz was working backstage for smaller promotions pretty well right up until his death. Of course, the argument there is that no matter how old he got, Thesz wasn't going to leave the business. But, that's really kind of beside the point as I've seen mods that had him set as "Left the Business".

St.T

The only possible workaround is to set everyone who has left the business back to their original status in the editor before starting a game. I did that prior to the game's release with a lot of BSC's workers (the Neptune Twins, etc). I missed some (boy I could really use Honey Golightly and Sweet As Candy right about now) but my next save will see that rectified.

I'd be all for allowing you to talk a worker back to the business, as long as the parameters are set correctly. You don't want Small companies on WrestleWorld being able to coax Champagne Lover back to the business, for example.

Another work around if you're wanting to change something in a game you're currently playing is at the beginning of a month make that save a database, then go make the changes in the database editor and start a new game from where the old one left off.

Another work around if you're wanting to change something in a game you're currently playing is at the beginning of a month make that save a database, then go make the changes in the database editor and start a new game from where the old one left off.

The problem with this though, is that it resets time decline ages, chemistry, popularity caps and destiny rolls, so the game world you return to isn't the same as the one you left.