How do I turn around bad locker room morale?

I just turned around a locker room that had dropped to 50% (from 95) and I was a tiny company in debt so couldn't even offer bonuses. I only had one bad apple. My spiral started because of workers botching moves or hurting each other.

My number one advice is get to know the personality attributes. The personality type is always the one at the top of the attributes list.

Anyway:

1. Look for problematic personality types (such a bully, needy, gloomy, prickly) and decide if you want to keep those workers. Always check their relationships before you decide to release anyone because if they have a lot of friends on the roster it may cause moral issues which will lead to more problems. Obviously if they have a lot of enemies it can also improve moral.

2. Check your unhappy workers. If giving them a bonus/time off will improve their moral do it if you can afford it. Certain personality types only get into incidents when they have negative moral.

3. Use the worker search feature and set the attribute to be searched for as "People Person", "Irrepressible" or "Lively". These will be positive influences and are much more likely to get involved in positive incidents. Because they are positive influences just adding them to your roster will improve the backstage environment slightly.

4. Find more locker room leaders. I honestly can't remember what combination of stats makes a good locker room leader so someone else will have to fill that in. I only have Cherry Bomb on my roster.

5. Weather the storm and hope you get lucky with some of the incident rolls and your handling of incidents. Once the effects from the negative incidents wear off you will see a jump and if you've hired enough positive influences you should start seeing good incidents occurring. Once this happens you can get to a point where most of the "Notable Other Factors" in backstage are all green, the backstage environment will be 100%. Then you can think about bringing in some of the more problematic talents.

I just turned around a locker room that had dropped to 50% (from 95) and I was a tiny company in debt so couldn't even offer bonuses. I only had one bad apple. My spiral started because of workers botching moves or hurting each other.

My number one advice is get to know the personality attributes. The personality type is always the one at the top of the attributes list.

Anyway:

1. Look for problematic personality types (such a bully, needy, gloomy, prickly) and decide if you want to keep those workers. Always check their relationships before you decide to release anyone because if they have a lot of friends on the roster it may cause moral issues which will lead to more problems. Obviously if they have a lot of enemies it can also improve moral.

2. Check your unhappy workers. If giving them a bonus/time off will improve their moral do it if you can afford it. Certain personality types only get into incidents when they have negative moral.

3. Use the worker search feature and set the attribute to be searched for as "People Person", "Irrepressible" or "Lively". These will be positive influences and are much more likely to get involved in positive incidents. Because they are positive influences just adding them to your roster will improve the backstage environment slightly.

4. Find more locker room leaders. I honestly can't remember what combination of stats makes a good locker room leader so someone else will have to fill that in. I only have Cherry Bomb on my roster.

5. Weather the storm and hope you get lucky with some of the incident rolls and your handling of incidents. Once the effects from the negative incidents wear off you will see a jump and if you've hired enough positive influences you should start seeing good incidents occurring. Once this happens you can get to a point where most of the "Notable Other Factors" in backstage are all green, the backstage environment will be 100%. Then you can think about bringing in some of the more problematic talents.

Really good advice. I'll add to it a little by saying that bonuses can be given to the people who have more influence over the locker room. Some personalities hinder the backstage area a lot if they are unhappy, so focusing on those people in terms of bonus money can save you some cash on other people. You can also try to hire some buddies of the guys who are upset, that will give them morale boosts. And you can also try focusing on the 'Leadership' user talent when you get bonus points. That will help a lot.

Also look at your backstage rules. You may be able to make a couple of changes to have a positive effect overall.

Can't believe I forgot to include that in my post. In my game I couldn't afford to add any beneficial backstage rules so that's probably why.