How does the AI get way better ratings than me?

I'm playing the 1996 mod and WCW's main event was Virgil vs Sting and it got an 89 segment rating. Meanwhile I had The Undertaker vs Curt Hennig and got an 81 rating even though 'Taker is more popular and had a better match performance than Sting and Hennig is more popular than Virgil. The only way their match was better was Virgil getting an in ring rating of 64 whilst Hennig got a 63.

How did the AI book a much better match than me when my worker's are more popular and performed better?

Product? Match length? Storyline? Road agent notes (for your match)?

There's too much missing information for anyone to give you an honest answer.

The match was 16 mins long and The Undertaker and Curt Hennig are in a feud with a heat of 82. The only road agent note for my match was Undertaker to win with a regular match style.

I can't check much for WCW other than Virgil and Sting aren't in a storyline.

For my product, major matches are penalized for being less than 15 mins (mine was 16 as well as 2 mins non match time) so it was over the threshold and matches are penalized for having no storyline which mine did.

The match was 16 mins long and The Undertaker and Curt Hennig are in a feud with a heat of 82. The only road agent note for my match was Undertaker to win with a regular match style.

I can't check much for WCW other than Virgil and Sting aren't in a storyline.

For my product, major matches are penalized for being less than 15 mins (mine was 16 as well as 2 mins non match time) so it was over the threshold and matches are penalized for having no storyline which mine did.

To get maximum rating for that match you also needed Call in Ring, Open Match and Slow Build.