Random Manly Comment here....

jonlawson

My girlfriend was reading Cosmopolitan....and NO, it's not ME reading it :p , and showed me that one of the most disgusting things a guy can do is burp after taking a drink of beer...I tried to reason with her and said "But, we can't hold in all that gas, it HAS to come out!" She just laughed at me :( So, how can I defend my manliness here guys??:confused:

You tell her that the magazine she's reading, [I]Cosmopolitan[/I], is written and made for women. Thus, it's impossible for the magazine to have all of the facts. Since it isn't taking in any male opinion. This I assure you will not work, but probably will get yet another laugh. I don't think you need to defend your manliness. You do what feel's right and let out what need's to come out! ;)

Use some common sense. As impossible as common sense seems for boys... If you are watching a chick flick with her or trying to appease her with some quality time, then don't be a Neanderthal. Try leaving the room or even, in a sincere fashion, saying 'excuse me'. And why do guys try to make their gas, whatever end it comes from, as loud and obnoxious as possible? :rolleyes: And contrary to you men's popular opinion, it really isn't all that funny. Necessary perhaps, but not laugh out loud funny.

You've never heard me belch then. Trust me, its funny. Hell, its legendary but thats only cause its so good. :) However, I do generally try to be vaguely polite when speaking with people. Walking up and belching at people loudly isn't the best way to meet people, at least not from my experience so far. Derek B

hah yes derek, I am certain that my opinion would be entirely different had I heard you belch. ;) My husband has taught our 4 year old daughter to say "Safety". Do any of you know this game? Safety and/or Doorknob? He's extremely pleased with himself. :o

[QUOTE=jonlawson]My girlfriend was reading Cosmopolitan....and NO, it's not ME reading it :p , and showed me that one of the most disgusting things a guy can do is burp after taking a drink of beer...I tried to reason with her and said "But, we can't hold in all that gas, it HAS to come out!" She just laughed at me :( So, how can I defend my manliness here guys??:confused:[/QUOTE] You let your missus read? Thats a big mistake for starters! :D I have been with my wife for seven years (since we were both school kids) i was her first proper boyfriend and therefore im pretty sure i have managed to convince her that burping/farting/scratching oneself in public and removing a wedgie are all part of what being a man is about - atleast you only do it when drinking beers - which, by the way is another essential factor in manliness. Sure when i go up to the bar i really want to ask for a blue WKD, or a bacardi breezer or maybe even a peach archers but i dont i order a pint of guiness, why? 'cos im a man dammit and its what we do! And unfortunatly we also watch charmed 'cos our other halves make us!

Watching Charmed is definitely allowable as a manly thing to do. Any show that features a group of attractive women is allowed under the Manliness Act (5000BC). I know this because Ally McBeal once told me so... or something. :) Safety? Can't say I've ever heard of it... perhaps if I stopped belching with such volume and longitude then I would have heard of it. I knew I was missing out on something. Derek B

[QUOTE=Tara Clover]Use some common sense. As impossible as common sense seems for boys... If you are watching a chick flick with her or trying to appease her with some quality time, then don't be a Neanderthal. Try leaving the room or even, in a sincere fashion, saying 'excuse me'. And why do guys try to make their gas, whatever end it comes from, as loud and obnoxious as possible? :rolleyes: And contrary to you men's popular opinion, it really isn't all that funny. Necessary perhaps, but not laugh out loud funny.[/QUOTE] Tara, got three words for you that may blow your mind coming from a guy but: YOU GO, GIRL!! I've never gotten this either despite being of the gender that's supposed to. Only time I can ever remember genuinely laughing at either belching or flatulence was when Wakko used to belch the classical arias on Animaniacs. And then only because it was such a bizarre counter-balance.

I know Safety. I'd be pleased to if I could teach minors cool things like that. Rules are simple, if someone farts and doesn't say safety someone cans say "Doorknob!" and punch them as many times as they can until they touch a doorknob. Not sure if I'm exactly correct but I remember coming across this once. Saying Safety keeps you safe from punches, obviously. I had so many bruises even when I was alone in a room I was forced to say it. :D

[QUOTE=cappyboy]Tara, got three words for you that may blow your mind coming from a guy but: YOU GO, GIRL!! I've never gotten this either despite being of the gender that's supposed to. Only time I can ever remember genuinely laughing at either belching or flatulence was when Wakko used to belch the classical arias on Animaniacs. And then only because it was such a bizarre counter-balance.[/QUOTE] what about the 'farting scene' in the scoobie doo movie? That was comic genius especially when shaggy farts, thows it up in the air and does it again!

[QUOTE=Tara Clover]Use some common sense.[/QUOTE] Hallo. Thom is here to common sense now. [QUOTE=Tara Clover]If you are watching a chick flick with her or trying to appease her with some quality time, then don't be a Neanderthal. Try leaving the room or even, in a sincere fashion, saying 'excuse me'.[/QUOTE] [b]RESPONSE:[/b] And how does leaving the room or saying excuse me reflect one showing common sense? These are both societal taboos (although they are taken far less seriously these days). The polite 'excuse me' is nice, but if a girl's going to be terribly offended if I don't say it, well. Then she's not my type. There's war and famine in the world, who cares if I belch? [QUOTE=Tara Clover]As impossible as common sense seems for boys... And why do guys try to make their gas, whatever end it comes from, as loud and obnoxious as possible?[/QUOTE] [b]RESPONSE:[/b] Sweeping generalisation alert! While we're at it, why don't you women stop crying so much? :p See, it's not so much fun when you're at the other end of it. [QUOTE=Tara Clover]And contrary to you men's popular opinion, it really isn't all that funny. Necessary perhaps, but not laugh out loud funny.[/QUOTE] [b]RESPONSE:[/b] It really isn't all that funny, no. See, not all men believe it's laugh out loud funny. In the future, please try not to troll. Thx bye.

LOL Thom! I certainly don't care if you belch. I am not jonlawson's girl and don't read Cosmopolitan. And saying "excuse me" reflects he cares about trying to appease her. And whether you are offended or not, this is something most men have been doing for centuries for women when given the opportunity. Hence, jonlawson's topic starter. And pardon me, I should most certainly have said 'many guys'. And, since my husband really prefers I not cry during his games of Oblivion or while watching the NFL, I do try to respect his wishes and cry less on those occasions. ;) If I am good at this trolling thing, I'll have to find some forums to visit. I am almost certain this is some type of rite of passage, ya know...being accused of trolling for the first time ever. :cool:

Archived