[RELEASE] 1993 Times-a-Changin'

30 in TEW translates to awful, even the worst is the business can attempt some and be awful at it.

In TEW stats convert to this (based on TEW 2016 text descriptions)

30 - Awful

45 - Not Awful

55 - Decent

70 - Good

80 - Great

90 - Excellent

Hulk Hogan and Percy Pringle in a high spot match would be awful, they both have 30 in Ariel and Flashiness. How would having 30 in any stat get you a good match? If they get a good match it will be because of the product and Hogan's popularity, not because of the stats. Stick Hogan vs Percy Pringle in a high spots match in a promotions where they care about in-ring performance and not about popularity and it will tank.

Anyway I'm a fan of the rounded stats, all my mods mods use this system as fair warning.

If you disagree with any of the skills in terms of the text discriptions please do post and I'll check them out.

Regarding the Internet darlings, they are usually Internet darlings for a reason and that's because they are good

How long do the rounded stats actually last for anyway? 1 year game time everyone would be different anyway. Hardly seems worthwhile for you to even consider changing it if anyone asked.

How long do the rounded stats actually last for anyway? 1 year game time everyone would be different anyway. Hardly seems worthwhile for you to even consider changing it if anyone asked.

Exactly, plus I couldn't justify giving somebody in the mod a 62 and another a 65, I mean how can I watch somebody on TV and think to myself 'he' s a 62 rated brawler'. Its easier for me to think 'he's good or he's decent'. It also me to justify the ratings I give people and for me to take suggestions.

Hey I am testing your mod and i will post my impressions.

First some annual awards are empty.

"The Seiner Brothers" missing T

Kerry von Erich is marked as deceased, but he died February 18, 1993.

Matt Borne was a drug user.

Superstar Billy Graham is missing

Pat Patterson attribute: Agent of Rumbles

Hulk Hogan attribute: That doesnt work for me brother

• 5 weeks later...

ECW Contracts?

Hey Gaz, thanks for all of the work on this. I'm playing as ECW and the contracts seem a little weird. The wrestlers seem right but the out of ring guys seem VERY OVERPAID. I doubt Styles was making 14K a month and guys like Stevie WOnderful 4K a month. Also, Heyman is getting almost 50K a month which may have happened but basically makes it impossible not to bankrupt the company in one year. Anyways, could you research and adjust this or something? Thanks

I think Snuka was the biggest star in ECW at this time so i think he should probably be making the most money or at least equal to Eddie Gilbert and Heyman.

A few notes:

- On the title screen Bret Hart's name is written as "BREAT HART"

- WCW: Barry Windham was a heel at this time. Jody Hamilton should be managing Paul Orndorff. Jim Cornette should be managing Stan Lane and Tom Pritchard. The Heavenly Bodies aren't set as an active team. Rock 'n Roll Express aren't set as an active team. Johnny B. Badd's image is not set.

A few other things in WCW:

- I think Jody Hamilton should be a heel as he is set to face

- Clash of the Champions should probably be Wednesday, Wk 2, January

- Some of the guys on the roster are under Exclusive Written contracts, but are set to be paid per show in the editor instead of monthly. This prevents them from being able to be used for house shows. Some of the key workers include: Big Van Vader, 2 Cold Scorpio, Bobby Eaton, Brian Pillman, Johnny B. Badd, Z-Man and others.

• 2 weeks later...
A few notes:

- On the title screen Bret Hart's name is written as "BREAT HART"

- WCW: Barry Windham was a heel at this time. Jody Hamilton should be managing Paul Orndorff. Jim Cornette should be managing Stan Lane and Tom Pritchard. The Heavenly Bodies aren't set as an active team. Rock 'n Roll Express aren't set as an active team. Johnny B. Badd's image is not set.

The Assassin (Jody Hamilton) doesn't start managing Paul Orndorff until October 1993. I don't think Assassin shows up on WCW TV until right around the build to Slamboree in May. As for Orndorff, he debuts/returns to WCW in January, so he wouldn't even be established yet.

The Assassin (Jody Hamilton) doesn't start managing Paul Orndorff until October 1993. I don't think Assassin shows up on WCW TV until right around the build to Slamboree in May. As for Orndorff, he debuts/returns to WCW in January, so he wouldn't even be established yet.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Been having a little play around as wwf and I feel the overness for the time period is quite off kilter

Virgil 60 over

Bushwhackers 60 over

Nasty boys 60 over

Beverly brothers 55 over

On their own those look out of kilter but when you take into account bsm bam Bigelow is 50 over and lex luger and steiners is 60 over these look quite off base. Particularly for me more than any others the bushwhackers

Been having a little play around as wwf and I feel the overness for the time period is quite off kilter

Virgil 60 over

Bushwhackers 60 over

Nasty boys 60 over

Beverly brothers 55 over

On their own those look out of kilter but when you take into account bsm bam Bigelow is 50 over and lex luger and steiners is 60 over these look quite off base. Particularly for me more than any others the bushwhackers

It's tricky to get a the correct mix of perception and popularity seeing how they are mixed. On one hand 60 seems high but on the other hand it only relates to them being well known in the WWF and at midcard level, 55 for the Beverley Brothers only makes them recognisable.

This is how they come out in game, if they have the below pop across america and work for the WWF

10 Unimportant

20 Unimportant

30 Unimportant

40 Recognisable

50 Recognisable

60 Well Known

70 Well Known

80 Star

90 Major Star

100 Major Star

I get where you are coming from but for example starting a game it means bam is recognisable perception wise yet bushwhackers etc are well known..at that time bam bam was one of the top heels as can be seen with his performance further in the year in the kotr... maybe in that case the likes of luger bam bam etc need 5 or 10pts added to them to give them the right perception

At the moment in a fed based on pop you would likely get a higher rating for butch against luke than for tiatanka against bambam for example

I get where you are coming from but for example starting a game it means bam is recognisable perception wise yet bushwhackers etc are well known..at that time bam bam was one of the top heels as can be seen with his performance further in the year in the kotr... maybe in that case the likes of luger bam bam etc need 5 or 10pts added to them to give them the right perception

At the moment in a fed based on pop you would likely get a higher rating for hogan butch against luke than for tatanka against bambam for example

I think WWF where pushing Bam Bam, Luger, Steiners etc but they weren't as popular/well known as the guys that had been with WWF for years such as the Bushwhackers etc.

I think its pretty well balanced in that the Bushwhackers, Nasties and Virgil for example are just as popular but aren't getting the push.

Its then up to the player which direction they take, push the new talent or continue with the current more establish guys.

A few wins for Bam Bam, Luger, Tatanka etc. over the established Nasties, Virgil, Bushwhackers etc. starts to define the direction you are going.

Its definitely a case of less known, better pushed vs more established, poorly pushed.

Maybe I should go in an alter the starting moment for them all?

I think momentum should be altered as its a massive thing as virgil on a quick look was losing to the like of demento on the house show loop.. he was only appearing on TV to job like to luger on the b shows etc

I personally don't ever think of a time virgil sound be 60 over.. obviously ill change the values to suit for me own mod but it feels like a lot of people should be further dien the popularity scale