Greatest Tag Team.. Ever

weirdo_man

I was curious to see who everyone thought that the best tag team ever was. ****, I really can't decide at all because I loved Public Enemy, I love the Dudleys, and I love the FBI. But then I think and remember that I loved the Legion of Doom also, and it just gets too difficult for me to decide. Then I remember that there are part-time tag teams like Sabu and RVD that put on a lot of amazing matches also, and I just get all confused and my head explodes. And now I just remembered the Tajiri and Mikey Whipreck tag team that I loved! Not fair! Anyways, I was wondering what other people's thoughts on this were. Don't forget about great teams like the Rock and Sock Connection, the Hardys, and the millions of other great teams that I'm forgetting. Post your favorite tag team here, and give us some reasons why too :)

yeah its difficult...ive been watching wrestling for the past 10 years...i guess i would go with the Steiners...even though i didnt see a lot of them in wwf i saw them mostly in wcw. They were great...but i guess all time greatest i guess you have to go with LOD

i loved the rock and sock connection, and the rock birthday celebration thing was just about the funniest thing i have ever seen, for entertainment value they cant be beaten and lets be honest neither of them were too shabby in the ring! However i do think the dudleyz need a nod as well, i have loved so many of there matches andi would also have to mention the new age outlaws i loved DX back in the day and despite these two being heels i would always look forward to there matches - god the WWE had a strong tag division back in the day!

Kane and Undertaker - although was a huge fan of the Dudleys, Hardyz and Edge and Christian when they were doing those TLC matches - probably the best tag matches and storylines in wwe history (not that i saw a lot of the older stuff!)

I am a bit weird, but I love Demolition (sans Crush). They were similar to LOD, but I just prefered their work especially around 1988. Just awesome stuff. Also The Hart Foundation were quality. The rockers have a place in my heart. Finally who doesn't love The Brainbusters or World's Greatest Tag team?

As I was growing up I loved The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon), Money Inc (Ted Dibiase & IRS), The Powers of Pain (Barbarian & Warlord), The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) and loads of others that I can't seem to remember at the minute! I'm with TCP on this one though, Demolition (Ax and Smash) get my vote! Plus they had Mr Fuji as manager and had the best intro music aswell! :) In later years I didn't/don't particularly like any tag teams but the TLC matches with Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys and The Dudleys around the year 2000 were amazing.

I've followed wrestling since.... as long as I can remember and my favourite team still has to be Edge and Christian. I don't know what it was but every variation of the two, from their mysterious gothic image, to the dude-like image to them just reeking of awesomeness generally has put them among my favourites in both singles and tag competition. And lets face it, how many tag teams can you name where both members have gone on to become singles World champions? Without a doubt, E+C are my favourite team if only because they've both been able to do it all in tag and singles competition but mostly because they rule! Derek B

I would have to either go with the British Bulldogs or the Hart Foundation as well. Granted, all their best matches were against each other. At least for WWF. I really enjoyed the work The Eliminators did it ECW though. Might be my favorite in North America. CM Punk and Steve Corino were super entertaining in ROH as well, although I thought they were better when they were not wrestling, just doing promos and stuff. :) From a pure wrestling standpoint, I really like Kobashi and Honda in NOAH. Granted my knowledge of Japanese wrestling is limited compared to my N.A. wrestling knowledge. (pretty much only follow NOAH, and occasionally watch some FMW - Hayabusa is great). You know, a Styles/Daniels vs. Kobashi/Honda match would be really great. :)

Edge and Christian. They had great promos, great matches, and had great fueds with almost every tag team during the late 90s/early 00s. Plus they are one of a few tag teams where both members have had huge sucess after breaking up.

[QUOTE=Arrows]Rick. Tully and Arn?...That one shocked me. While they were a great team, if you're thinking back that far, the Anderson brothers should grab the vote, eh?[/QUOTE] The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole/Gene or Ole/Arn) were a great team. I'm simply listing my favorite. Dick Murdoch/Adrian Adonis, The Brisco Brothers, Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody, Dick the Bruiser/The Crusher, Nick Bockwinkel/Ray Stevens and the Blackjacks draw close votes too. But I've always been a fan of Tully and Arn, ask D Boon.

Archived