[RELEASE] CV97 / Cornellverse 1997 (Updated: 20th Aug 2021)

In the new update I've seen that Victoria Stone suddenly costs 2500$ to hire per appearance? Sure this wasn't the case before and it's a bit ridiculous, even for NOTBPW. All the Stones have it, but it might've been used for monthly deals? That would make a lot more sense, except for Vicky who also works for AAA/5SSW.

Even if you negotiate a new deal, the estimated cost remains the same. Weird, as the pop data is adequate.

Either way, this might bankrupt 5SSW if they don't detect the amount or don't take it into account. It will most definitely bankrupt NOTBPW as you use all the Stones on each show, costing almost 15K alone, when you're only making a fraction of that on tickets...

In the new update I've seen that Victoria Stone suddenly costs 2500$ to hire per appearance? Sure this wasn't the case before and it's a bit ridiculous, even for NOTBPW. All the Stones have it, but it might've been used for monthly deals? That would make a lot more sense, except for Vicky who also works for AAA/5SSW.

Even if you negotiate a new deal, the estimated cost remains the same. Weird, as the pop data is adequate.

Either way, this might bankrupt 5SSW if they don't detect the amount or don't take it into account. It will most definitely bankrupt NOTBPW as you use all the Stones on each show, costing almost 15K alone, when you're only making a fraction of that on tickets...

I tweaked some contract numbers a while back for some workers, with all of the Stones getting good money for working in their family business (the DeColts are similar). The side effect was that it also raised their demands for elsewhere as a result...

I've tweaked it so that Victoria now has a 500 per appearance deal with 5000 a month for her downside with NOTBPW, which should smooth things out there for you, even if you change them within your save. :)

I've been putting some more work into polishing CV97 recently again and I feel like it's getting closer to what will be the final version before I move on to another thing. Not going back in time though, as someone else was working on that and I don't think I could do that time frame justice properly. But I definitely have some fun ideas. :)

I tweaked some contract numbers a while back for some workers, with all of the Stones getting good money for working in their family business (the DeColts are similar). The side effect was that it also raised their demands for elsewhere as a result...

I've tweaked it so that Victoria now has a 500 per appearance deal with 5000 a month for her downside with NOTBPW, which should smooth things out there for you, even if you change them within your save. :)

I've been putting some more work into polishing CV97 recently again and I feel like it's getting closer to what will be the final version before I move on to another thing. Not going back in time though, as someone else was working on that and I don't think I could do that time frame justice properly. But I definitely have some fun ideas. :)

You TEASE

God damnit. :p I was just preparing for my first longterm game, as I screwed up on my HGC save last year. :o But given that the current database is already well-fleshed out, I don't think I'll wait.

As for the Stones: I get that, but as a booker you often roll the critical goal of making moolah ('round 750K in 2y?) and that just becomes impossible with those settings. I know you can always "fix" things in the editor or reroll, but... With the 1.01 data it was actually possible if you played accordingly, even when bleeding 10K/month with the dojo. Canonically I think the Stones would rather perform instead of being left home because they cost too much. Using Vicky at all would just be madness for a non-biased booker (from a business standpoint).

Also had to change the date of the first AAA show as it collided with the 5SSW Supreme tour 6, so in the non-AAA games (probably 98% :p); AI AAA is left without any road agent. WoW tour 1 also coincided with the second AAA show.

I hadn't got to AAA's schedule yet but I guess I'll do that next since 5SSW (and all the other active Japanese companies at the start) all have modified schedules now. Fewer tour dates (generally), more events and a bit more focus on tournaments to make them feel more like Japan in general where tournaments are a big deal. :)

AAA should be easy to fix at least, I can probably knock that out in the next ten minutes. :)

EDIT: AAA is now done, their only clashing dates are with 5SSW tournament based tours, which makes sense since people shouldn't be going between continents for a day to make one show :p

Do you think the product for NYCW should be changed? Based on their bio, (as well as their bio in other games/mods) it doesn't seem to make sense that they have a "Classic Sports Entertainment" product.

NYCW's core product matches their default CV product, so over time Stompy is likely to move more towards that. The reason I haven't used that as their current product is to have all the Tri-State / East Coast War companies be a little different from each other and because looking at NYCW's general roster, they're using a lot of people associated with sports entertainment products already so it fits them well.

If enough people feel strongly enough about switching it up though, I'm happy to make the change. :)

The only thing I changed in the product for my games was HGC's match focus being main event oriented (to help them out in the war). Playing AAA I switched to 'classic SE' because it opens up the "looks" roles. But for the AI I don't think it will matter.

The thing I struggle with the most is that most products simply won’t run angles for small companies unless they are SE based, or anything with a minimum 80/20 split for matches. A lot of the products like Golden/Silver/Southern all have 90% match ratio (for events, and small companies don’t use TV) which the AI always uses the 10% buffer and never books angles for certain products. It works for big companies because the TV ratios are proper, but it really hurts the small companies imo.

For reasons like that I don’t mind NYCW being classic SE in that sense.

I noticed that some of the promotions (mostly, those yet to debut) don't have banners, belts, logos, etc. They can be found in the folder of the 2018 mod though, since I recognized some of them and went to verify if they were the same. Just saying, if anyone else noticed this, and wondered where the hell were the visuals, kind of a slog to do it all by hand though. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure when this started, but in the last 5 saves I ran, SWF purchases XFW and makes it their developmental company. I assume this is because XFW is considered the #3 promotion and always bleeds money for the first several months. Is there a best way to stop this via the editor? It feels really weird that SWF would send their developmental workers to a violent hardcore product.

DAVE and RPW also get bought out and disbanded by SWF so maybe they could be given a boost?

Richard Eisen does have the Conqueror business stat so that explains why they buy out these companies but i feel like these companies should at least be given a chance.

The issue happens because HGC is at Small size and the other companies at that level try to compete.... at least, XFW does.... they overspend like crazy and then SWF buys them out and sends workers there, which isn't ideal but I'd have to give a bunch of companies a lot of money to counter and they'd all blow it on production.

The only real fix is raising HGC up to medium, but that will immediately push them to go on a hiring spree at the start of the game AND will give HGC access to some other TV deals which knocks on to them making more money... which might not be a bad thing becaaaauuuuse.....

I've almost finished doing the broadcaster rework I talked about a while back. Doing some testing on it just now and the sims look promising (minus the SWF/XFW thing) with company growth being a lot slower, companies not ending up super rich too quickly. Doing some data tweaks just now and looking to add more networks to India because they're pretty empty just now despite having some additions already. If anyone has suggestions for names, that would be appreciated cos I'm drawing blanks just now. :)

I can't give a date for sure.... it's close to being completed but needs more testing done first, and I'm super busy for the next couple of weeks so I'm not really going to be able to work on it much. Wish I could be more specific but there are still some things I may yet change or add so it could be a while yet. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Is Elemental III missing from the data? I can't find him under the worker tab and there doesn't seem to be an alter ego for anyone using that name.

That is odd. He's never used an alter ego before becoming Elemental III so I guess he is indeed missing. But a manual import is not hard, luckily. :p

Hey guys, hopefully this is okay to post but if not I apologize, I modified BFTB's wonderful Dusty Streets render for the mod to try and make one for his kid, Braden.

It's not great by any means, I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's anywhere near the original render for Braden, but if you're someone who likes to use BFTB's renders for your '97 games hopefully it'll just help his picture fit your roster more.

Also, I've went ahead and put all of BTFB's renders he made for CV97 on the blue background, so if someone wants them, tell me.

4gX4UqS.jpg

Hey guys, hopefully this is okay to post but if not I apologize, I modified BFTB's wonderful Dusty Streets render for the mod to try and make one for his kid, Braden.

It's not great by any means, I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's anywhere near the original render for Braden, but if you're someone who likes to use BFTB's renders for your '97 games hopefully it'll just help his picture fit your roster more.

Also, I've went ahead and put all of BTFB's renders he made for CV97 on the blue background, so if someone wants them, tell me.

4gX4UqS.jpg

I would love the pics on the blue background!

Is Elemental III missing from the data? I can't find him under the worker tab and there doesn't seem to be an alter ego for anyone using that name.

There are a few legacy workers who aren't in the data for various reasons, mostly due to not being born yet. Elemental III was a tricky call because there is no real name or info on him prior to taking the mask AND I feel like BHOTWG would definitely want to carry on the Elemental character if II were to retire earlier than his real date, so Elemental III isn't in the data properly, but WILL regen as a legacy worker. Means he will be wildy different each time for debut dates, talent and where he may end up, but I'm happy with that. :)

As for the mod itself, I feel like testing has gone really well so I'm looking to post it in the near future. First I need to hunt down the missing logos that I KNOW I used to have and someone mentioned to me recently as being around somewhere. I hope it was in this thread they mentioned it, so off I go to do that. :)

**FULL UPDATE**

Google Drive Link (20Mb) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fe_ztjoa99f-idVYrmbaEN5-5z36xeDe/view?usp=sharing - Version 1.03

This version has a bunch of changes including....

- Many Japanese event schedules changed to have fewer tour dates and more events (many yet to debut companies have yet to be done)

- A massive broadcaster overhaul that dramatically changes the in-game financial model and makes it much harder for companies to grow

- HGC starting popularity changed to Medium, meaning Small sized companies in US won't raise their production values (mostly East Coast War companies) to try to compete with HGC

- Added attributes for workers from various patches over the last few months to make the most of those features

- Some contract value changes for balance with broadcaster changes, particularly in HGC

- Added several tournament titles to make various (mostly Japanese) companies play more "realistically", even if those tournaments aren't canon

- Various minor tweaks

I'd love to have feedback from people on the broadcaster changes and how they play when people are having proper games with them. I've mostly only been simming data, and results have been great, with no company going on to have a vast fortune within a few years. The only region I've seen some cash hoarding in has been Japan, with Mexico generally also getting some cash thanks to their schedules too.

I'd also love to hear any and all suggestions for event names / tour names for Japanese companies as I'm looking to add more of those. At this point I'm planning one more release of CV97 with some more schedules, some more complete graphics and possibly some extra yet to debut companies before I consider it complete and move on to other things. :)