TEW 2020 should have a 45 minute slot

Like the title says. TEW2020 should have a 45 minute slot. Always should have had it.

An episode of Raw in the early 90's was not one hour of non-stop TV time.

It also wasn't 30-35 minutes.

It was around 42-45 minutes. The game should have that as well.

I know this has been brought up in the past versions of the game, yet we are still stuck at 30-60 minute constraints.

Please consider adding it in a future patch.

Thank you.

In the game you are booking for the live crowd not the TV audience. TV breaks are implied (or you can book them in as angles yourself).

Maybe then something along the lines of fixed blocks within the booking screen that indicate when the ad breaks are taking place? As in overlays that can't be moved. Would add an extra element to gameplay - TV audiences annoyed if you have an advert over the end of a match for example. It would also add more consideration into which type of broadcaster to use, as internet subscription types (Netflix or NetStream from C-Verse) naturally wouldn't have the ad breaks, but bring a smaller potential audience than a mainstream cable network, for example.

Maybe then something along the lines of fixed blocks within the booking screen that indicate when the ad breaks are taking place? As in overlays that can't be moved. Would add an extra element to gameplay - TV audiences annoyed if you have an advert over the end of a match for example. It would also add more consideration into which type of broadcaster to use, as internet subscription types (Netflix or NetStream from C-Verse) naturally wouldn't have the ad breaks, but bring a smaller potential audience than a mainstream cable network, for example.

Seems like an over complication that would just become annoying and offer nothing on the plus side.

When those ads take place are up to the tv show and the networks when you are a live sport. They only go to break when the competition allows for it. Since it's wrestling you can set your break for whenever you want. There is no standard.

That's overly complicated.

I tried keeping the request relatively simple.

I think a 45 minute time slot should be added.

It doesn't need some grandiose explanation why.

45 minutes makes sense for a TV show that is one hour long.

If it comes on at 7pm & then ends at 8pm. It will only be realistically 45 minutes.

I shouldn't be forced to add TV breaks myself. The 45 minute time slot is using the imagination that it is being taken into account automatically.

That's all I'm saying.

You can book 45 minutes if you want though?

the TV slot can be 15 minutes over or under what you select for the show length, so you can book 45 - 75 minutes if you choose a 1 hour slot. It's not a selectable option because it already exists in the game for both 30 minute and 60 minute shows.

In terms of advertising placement on TV I'm sure it follows a solid structure - you'll have an ad block on the 15, 30, and 45 min mark (give or take a minute or two) for an hour long programme. Sure for sporting events there's some leeway such as for football where there's none during the halves but extra during half time. (soccer depending on what you call it, but that's the sport I'm referring to here) But wrestling doesn't get that luxury, hence adverts happening during the middle of matches on WWE, AEW and all other promotions TV shows.

The reason I suggested it was to add an extra element of gameplay to broadcaster deals and booking theory - potential bonuses/penalties for a particularly strong/weak segment before an ad break, generating social media buzz or switching viewers off for example. I suppose it was more of an idea for future editions of the game than 2020, given I have no idea how much effort it would take to incorporate to an existing game.

Sorry I've jumped on your post here @nerodragomir1, your original request is something I had once thought about too which expanded into the idea I added above, and didn't think it was worth creating a new thread for the same sort of topic.

In terms of advertising placement on TV I'm sure it follows a solid structure - you'll have an ad block on the 15, 30, and 45 min mark (give or take a minute or two) for an hour long programme. .

This isn't true. This is set up per the broadcasting network. It also does not apply outside of the U.S. where television ads are less frequent (i.e. in the U.K.).

This isn't true. This is set up per the broadcasting network. It also does not apply outside of the U.S. where television ads are less frequent (i.e. in the U.K.).

It absolutely is true in the UK, that's where I live. The only exception is the BBC, which does not have adverts due to the TV licence.

Like the title says. TEW2020 should have a 45 minute slot. Always should have had it.

An episode of Raw in the early 90's was not one hour of non-stop TV time.

It also wasn't 30-35 minutes.

It was around 42-45 minutes. The game should have that as well.

I know this has been brought up in the past versions of the game, yet we are still stuck at 30-60 minute constraints.

Please consider adding it in a future patch.

Thank you.

This is highly unlikely to be added for multiple reasons.

The first reason was already stated — in TEW you aren’t just booking the show as it is seen on TV, you are booking the entire show for the live crowd. That’s why you can put the warm up the crowd note on the preshow. The commercial breaks are implied. An hour long wrestling company still tapes a full amount of content. When Smackdown was taped, they would simulate commercial breaks for their taping — the action didn’t stop. Lucha Underground, the most TV specific company that I’ve seen, block taped and taped angles and matches and then post produced so they’re the only ones that came close to just filming 45 minutes, but that’s more because they taped everything all at once.

The second is that 45 minute time slots don’t exist. TV networks don’t give out 45 minute slots so they don’t have them there to do.

Again, highly unlikely to have implemented because the slot already implies there the network is taking commercial breaks during the show and you are booking the hour show for your live audience and a 45 minute TV slot doesn’t exist.