AWA 1989: A Financial Savior Is (Badly) Needed

• Author

For the 4-man AWA #1 Contender Tournament with the winner earning the right to face Wahoo McDaniel for the AWA World Title at Christmas Chaos.

First Round

Nikita Koloff vs. Cactus Jack

Col. DeBeers vs. Don Muraco

Final

Nikita Koloff vs. Don Muraco (Make your pick for the final winner as well.)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1714085246747.png

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING SYNDICATED SHOW - JOHN E. CARLSON COLISEUM - FARGO, ND - OCTOBER 1990

ANNOUNCERS:
Jack Reynolds & David Crockett

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Eric Bischoff

(# Aired on a previous AWA program. Also highlighted in bold.)

(4th Taping)

In-studio:
Larry Nelson welcomed viewers and ran down the program:

TV MAIN EVENT - NON-TITLE:
Scott Norton & Billy Jack Haynes (WTTC) vs. Akio Sato & Ninja Go

Candi Divine wrestles

The Destruction Crew see action

An interview with Bobby Jaggers. Jaggers was unmasked at SC 5 as the man who had been stalking the Trooper all these months.

Sam Houston sees action

And more!

Nelson then intro'd a special announcement from AWA promoter Jim Crockett.

VIDEO:

# Crockett was seated behind his desk with a mic in front of him.

Crockett: Greetings. This is AWA promoter Jim Crockett.

I have some major news for AWA fans.

First, we will be airing another live special on ESPN.

The event will take place on Tuesday, December 11th.

The event is called Christmas Chaos and will have a start time of 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific and will come to you from the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Once again, this AWA program will be airing live on ESPN.

Also, we are going to have a four-man tournament and the winner of the tournament will face AWA World Champion Wahoo McDaniel for the belt at Christmas Chaos.

This tournament starts next week.

On AWA Championship Wrestling on ESPN, the torunament match will be Nikita Koloff vs. former AWA World Champion Cactus Jack.

On AWA All-Star Wrestling, Don Muraco will battle Col. DeBeers in the other tournament match.

The winners of those two matches will face each other the following week on our ESPN program with the winner earning the right to battle for the AWA World Title at Christmas Chaos.

Keep it right here on AWA programming as we add more matches to this big AWA holiday event.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of the Grappler with the caption: NEXT... MASKED MAYHEM!!!

Commercials

The Grappler won a squash match over Scat McMahon via pinfall with a kick to the gut after tapping the toe of his boot into the mat three times

Grappler came down the heel aisle to a fair amount of boos.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Grappler, you have looked strong since you arrived here in the AWA from the Pacific Northwest.

Why the sudden migration of wrestlers from that part of the country to the AWA?

Grappler: We're here for a reason, Bischoff.

We've come to the AWA from the Pacific Northwest to prove to the fans on a national stage that we're some of the roughest, toughest wrestlers out there today.

The Pacific Northwest is one of the greatest wrestling territories of all-time. But, we feel disrespected by the rest of the wrestling world because we're out of the way. We're off the beaten path.

The Pacific Northwest does not get the respect it deserves.

We're now looking to earn that respect on a national level and we've chosen the AWA as our platform to showcase our talents.

When myself or Rip Oliver steps into this ring, we are fighting for the entire Pacific Northwest! You people hear me!

The AWA is to be used as our stepping stone to glory in the sport of kings!

Even though I loathe Billy Jack Haynes and Scott Norton, where did they come from?!

Eric: The Pacific Northwest.

Grappler: That's right! Your new World Tag Team champions are from the Pacific Northwest!

You people out here need to pull your heads out of your rear ends and face the reality of what's happening right before your eyes!

If you can't figure it out then that's on you!

Eric: Wh... What's happening?!

Grappler looked at Eric for a moment and then left the ring and headed back up the heel aisle to boos.

Announcers wondered what Grappler was talking about.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... MORE ACTION!!!

Commercials/Market-specific house show promos/Generic promos for non-house show cities

Candi Divine won a squash match over Nikki Bella via submission with her Boston Crab finisher

Divine made her way down the heel aisle to a fair amount of boos

In-studio: Nelson talked about the AWA as we get closer to the end of 1990 and the big Christmas Chaos show in December airing live on ESPN.

Nelson talked about the four man tournament starting next week where Nikita Koloff will battle former World Champion Cactus Jack and Col. DeBeers wrestles Don Muraco. The winner of those two matches will then face each other with the winner facing Wahoo for the title at Christmas Chaos.

Pic aired of Sam Houston with the caption: NEXT... BULLDOG HOUSTON!!!

Commercials

Sam Houston won a squash match over Samy Zayn via pinfall with his bulldog finisher

Houston and Coach Murdoch came down the face aisle to a decent ovation.

In-studio: Nelson talked about Houston winning and said Houston has an impeccable record since arriving in the AWA and that Dick Murdoch has done a fantastic job coaching him.

Nelson talked about new tag champs Haynes and Norton wrestling Sato and Go in the main event.

Pic aired of Bobby Jaggers with the caption: NEXT... MASKED NO MORE!!!

Commercials/Market-specific house show promos/Generic promos for non-house show cities

In-studio: Nelson intro'd an interview he did recently with Bobby Jaggers, who lost his mask in a mask vs. hair match against Trooper at SC 5.

VIDEO:

Larry Nelson was standing with Jaggers in front of the AWA logo. Jaggers was in street clothes. Nelson had a mic.

Nelson: I'm here with Bobby Jaggers.

Bobby, you were unmasked when you lost a hair vs. mask match against the Trooper at Super Clash 5 last month.

The big question is: Why were you stalking the Trooper in the first place? You said that you had heat with him from a past incident?

Can I ask what that incident was?

Jaggers: Yep!

I decided to play mind games with the Trooper and mess with his career because of what he did to me one time while wearing that badge!

One night at a bar in a city where Trooper Del Wilkes worked, I was leaving the bar! Now, I admit I had a few beers or more than a few!

Now, I'm just waking out of the bar, but this guy, drunk on his own power, decides to walk on up to me and manhandle me and pull me aside!

He asks if I'd been drinking and I told him: Hell yes,. I'd been drinking! I just left a b-a-r! That's what people do in a bar! They drink!

Well, Trooper gets all uppity with me and reads me the riot act according to the Trooper Del Wilkes! I quickly tired of his b.s. and tried to walk away but he decides to be judge and jury and grabs me by my arm and shoves me against the wall!

We argue! He then tells me to turn around and put my hands behind my back! I resist! He violently turns me around and cuffs me and puts me in the back of his squad car and hauls me off to jail!

I was released the next day after spending the night in the town cooler! Ultimately, I got the case thrown out against me!

But, Del Wilkes dragged me through months of having to make court appearances in a town I did not even live in! I had to fly in on my dime for my five minute court appearances!

When I was cleared, I walked out of that court room knowing that one day, one day, I was gonna get my revenge on that guy!

When I found out he was now a wrestler, I decided that I was gonna look to hurt his career! And I believe I succeeded for several months at that!

And it felt great messing with Wilkes all this time! I'm glad I could mess up his life like he messed up mine!

Now the mask is off!

And one more thing! You see, I'm also here from the Pacific Northwwest! So the Grappler, Col. DeBeers and Rip Oliver can add one more ally to their list!

Nelson: Regarding the incident with the Trooper, there are two sides to every story.

Jaggers: You go ahead and ask Del Boy his side of the story! I'm sure he'll come up with a very good lie!

Nelson: That was Bobby Jaggers.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of the Destruction Crew with the caption: NEXT... NO LONGER CHAMPS!!!

Commercials

The Destruction Crew won a squash match over the Motor City Machine Guns when Bloom pinned Chris Sabin after the Wrecking Ball (Doomsday Device)

Crew came down the heel aisle to pretty strong boos.

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... NEW CHAMPS IN ACTION!!!

Commercials

TV MAIN EVENT - NON-TITLE: Billy Jack Haynes & Scott Norton (WTTC) vs. Akio Sato & Ninja Go

Go & Sato received a fair amount of boos coming down the heel aisle.

Haynes and Norton got a good ovation coming down the face aisle.

Good action as Norton and Haynes took 60 percent of the match en route to a victory when Norton pinned Sato after a powerbomb to score the 1...2...3!

WINNER: Haynes & Norton - Pinfall - 6:39

END PROGRAM

DARK MATCHES

AWA WORLD TITLE:
Wahoo McDaniel (WC) def. Cactus Jack via pinfall with his big chop finisher - 9:27

6-MAN ELIMINATION TAG: Billy Jack Haynes & Scott Norton (WTTC) & Nikita Koloff def. Rip Oliver, The Grappler & Col. DeBeers when Koloff pinned DeBeers after Rip Oliver, who had already been eliminated from the match, had his interference backfire and Koloff rolled DeBeers up from behind for the pin - 22:31

AWA WOMEN'S WORLD TITLE: Magnificent MImi (WC - w/ Valerie) wrestled Tina Moretti to a 15-minute time-limit draw

ATTENDANCE: 2,941

PREDICTIONS WELCOME

For the 4-man AWA #1 Contender Tournament with the winner earning the right to face Wahoo McDaniel for the AWA World Title at Christmas Chaos.

First Round

Nikita Koloff vs. Cactus Jack

Final

??? vs. ??? (Make your pick for the final winner as well.)

Winner of the prediction contest gets a video reward!

Edited by Captain Kremmen

1714436096882.png

AWA WRESTLING ON ESPN - SHOWBOAT SPORTS PAVILION - LAS VEGAS, NV - NOVEMBER 1990

Announcers: Joe Pedicino & Bill Dundee

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Larry Nelson

(# Aired on a previous AWA program.)

(1st Taping)

Show Intro

In-studio:
Nelson welcomed viewers and ran down the program:

TV MAIN EVENT - #1 CONTENDER TOURNAMENT MATCH: Nikita Koloff vs. Cactus Jack

Badd Company (w/ Mgr. DDP) vs. Jeff Jarrett & Danny Davis

An interview with Bobby Jaggers, who was unmasked at SC 5 by the Trooper in a mask vs. hair match

And more!!

Nelson sent it to the ring in Vegas.

Don Muraco won a squash match over Shane McMahon via pinfall with his inverted piledriver finisher

Muraco got a good ovation coming down the face aisle.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Nelson:
Don Muraco, things seem to still be up in the air right now regarding you reuniting with World Champion Wahoo McDaniel to go after the World Tag Team Titles.

Muraco: As things stand right now, Wahoo is too busy with his World Title defense schedule.

I still want to get back together and go after the tag titles. I think he wants to, as well. But it's just not in the cards right now.

I'm just hoping it will be something we can do in the near future.

Nelson: He'll have to make time in that busy schedule of his...

Muraco: Are you saying I'm not a busy man?

Nelson: Uh... that's not what I am saying, Don.

Muraco (agitated): I am a very busy man just like Wahoo is! But I guess Wahoo's more important than me because he's the World Champion! He holds the premiere title in the sport!

Everybody step aside because AWA World champion Wahoo McDaniel is comin' through! He's more important than his former tag team partner... and you!

Well, when me and Wahoo get back together and win the tag team titles then we'll both be VIP's! The people will then step aside for us and not just him!

Wahoo, you need to clear some time on that schedule of yours so we can pursue tag team glory!

Nelson: That was Don Muraco.

Pic aired of Bobby Jaggers with the caption: NEXT... EXPOSED!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd an interview he did recently with Bobby Jaggers, who lost his mask in a mask vs. hair match against Trooper at SC 5.

VIDEO:

# Larry Nelson was standing with Jaggers in front of the AWA logo. Jaggers was in street clothes. Nelson had a mic.

Nelson: I'm here with Bobby Jaggers.

Bobby, you were unmasked when you lost a hair vs. mask match against the Trooper at Super Clash 5 last month.

The big question is: Why were you stalking the Trooper in the first place? You said that you had heat with him from a past incident?

Can I ask what that incident was?

Jaggers: Yep!

I decided to play mind games with the Trooper and mess with his career because of what he did to me one time while wearing that badge!

One night at a bar in a city where Trooper Del Wilkes worked, I was leaving the bar! Now, I admit I had a few beers or more than a few!

Now, I'm just walking out of the bar, but this guy, drunk on his own power, decides to walk on up to me and manhandle me and pull me aside!

He asks if I'd been drinking and I told him: Hell yes, I'd been drinking! I just left a b-a-r! That's what people do in a bar! They drink!

Well, Trooper gets all uppity with me and reads me the riot act according to the Trooper Del Wilkes! I quickly tired of his b.s. and tried to walk away but he decides to be judge and jury and grabs me by my arm and shoves me against the wall!

We argue! He then tells me to turn around and put my hands behind my back! I resist! He violently turns me around and cuffs me and puts me in the back of his squad car and hauls me off to jail!

I was released the next day after spending the night in the town cooler! Ultimately, I got the case thrown out against me!

But, Del Wilkes dragged me through months of having to make court appearances in a town I did not even live in! I had to fly in on my dime for my five minute court appearances!

When I was cleared, I walked out of that court room knowing that one day, one day, I was gonna get my revenge on that guy!

When I found out he was now a wrestler, I decided that I was gonna look to hurt his career! And I believe I succeeded for several months at that!

And it felt great messing with Wilkes all this time! I'm glad I could mess up his life like he messed up mine!

Now the mask is off!

And one more thing! You see, I'm also here from the Pacific Northwwest! So the Grappler, Col. DeBeers and Rip Oliver can add one more ally to their list!

Nelson: Regarding the incident with the Trooper, there are two sides to every story.

Jaggers: You go ahead and ask Del Boy his side of the story! I'm sure he'll come up with a very good lie!

Nelson: That was Bobby Jaggers.

END VIDEO

Pic aired of the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... AWA VS. USWA!!!

Commercials/AWA Tour Updates

AWA VS. USWA: Badd Co. (w/ Mgr DDP) vs. Jeff Jarrett & Nightmare Danny Davis

Badd Co. and DDP came to the ring first down the heel aisle to pretty strong boos.

Davis & Jarrett came down the face aisle to a fair response from the crowd.

Ref called for the bell.

Jarrett and Tanaka started the match for their teams. The two men circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and Tanaka drove Jarrett against the ropes to force a break. Break was clean. The two men circled one another again and engaged in another tie-up and Tanaka gained the advantage and caught Jarrett in a side headlock. Tanaka worked over the hold briefly before Jarrett countered with a belly-to-back suplex to free himself from the hold. Tanaka up and walked into a dropkick from Jarrett. Tanaka crashed to the mat. Tanaka backed on his ass into the corner. Jarrett moved in and grabbed Tanaka's legs and tried to pull Tanaka out of the corner but Tanaka grabbed the top rope and Jarrett pulled Tanaka and Tanaka was now parallel to the ground. Jarrett gave Tanaka a yank and Tanaka crashed to the mat as the crowd cheered. Jarrett stilll holding Tanaka's legs. Jarrett catapaulted Tanaka and Tanaka slammed face-first into the mat. Jarrett grabbed Tanaka by the back of the hair and started pulling Tanaka to his feet when Tanaka stunned Jarrett with a back heel to the groin. Jarrett stumbled back. Tanaka dropped Jarrett with a spin kick to the side of the head. Tanaka tagged in Diamond. Diamond hit the ring as Jarrett was getting up and booted Jarrett in the side of the ribs and hammered away on Jarrett. Diamond slammed Jarrett's head into the top buckle. Jarrett spun around in the corner and was hit with a series of knees to the gut. Diamond whipped Jarrett into the opposite buckles and Jarrett bounced out and into a high backdrop from Diamond. Jarrett up and went to kick Diamond but Diamond caught Jarrett's leg and Jarrett countered with an enzuigiri that dropped Diamond. Crowd cheered. Jarrett moved over and tagged in Davis. Diamond getting up as Davis leaped over the top rope into the ring and hit Diamond with a dropkick. Diamond crashed back to the mat. Davis grabbed Diamond, whipped Diamond into the ropes and caught Diamond coming off with a high dropkick just under the chin. Diamond crashed to the mat. Davis for the cover. 1...2... Diamond kicked out. Diamond up and Davis hit Diamond with punches and whipped Diamond into the ropes and looked to catch Diamond coming off with another dropkick but Diamond grabbed the top rope and Davis crashed to the mat. Davis getting up and Diamond caught Davis with a knee lift to the chest. Davis fell back into the ropes and bounced off right into a sidewalk slam from Diamond. Diamond for the cover. 1...2... Davis kicked out. Davis up and got a kick in the gut from Diamond. Diamond grabbed Davis and walked Davis over to Badd Co.'s corner and tagged in Tanaka. Diamond held Davis from behind as Tanaka mounted the top rope and came off with an elbow to the top of the head. Diamond released Davis and Davis wobbly. Tanaka caught Davis with a backhand chop to the face and Davis fell back against the buckles. Tanaka with head shots on Davis and then pulled Davis out of the corner and raked Davis' eyes across the top rope and broke the illegal move at the ref's count of 4. Tanaka clubbed Davis in the back repeatedly. Tanaka whipped Davis into the ropes and looked to catch Davis coming off with a high backdrop but Davis instead caught Tanaka with a swinging neckbreaker. Crowd popped. Davis covered Tanaka. 1...2... Tanaka kicked out. Davis grabbed Tanaka and whipped Tanaka into the buckles. Davis moved in and caught Tanaka with a head shot and then repeatedly whipped Tanaka into the same set of buckles. Davis grabbed Tanaka and went to whip Tanaka into the buckles but Tanaka reversed and sent Davis crashing into them. Tanaka charged in on Davis but Davis moved and Tanaka slammed front-first into the buckles. Davis tagged in Jarrett.

Tanaka pulled himself off the buckles and turned and was greeted by a series of head shots from Jarrett. Jarrett grabbed Tanaka and nailed Tanaka with a sidebreaker across the knee. Jarrett went out on the apron and climbed to the top buckle as Tanaka got to his feet. Tanaka up and turned and Jarrett caught Tanaka coming off with a flying crossbody. Jarrett for the pin. 1...2... Diamond hit the ring and dived down and clubbed Jarrett to break up the pin try. Diamond up and Davis hit the ring and nailed Diamond with a running clothesline. Diamond crashed to the mat and rolled out on the apron as the crowd cheered. Ref got Davis back to his corner. Both men up and Tanaka went to punch Jarrett but Jarrett blocked the punch try and fired away on Tanaka with punches. Jarrett whipped Tanaka into the buckles and moved in and Tanaka stunned Jarrett with a headbutt. Jarrett stumbled back and Tanaka came out of the corner and blasted Jarrett with a rolling wheel kick. Jarrett crashed to the mat. Tanaka for the pin. 1...2...thr... Davis hit the ring and stomped Tanaka in the back to break up the pin try. Diamond hit the ring to go after Davis but Davis made it back to the corner. Diamond back to his. Tanaka dROVE Jarret over INto Badd Co.'s corner and tagged in Diamond hit. Diamond the ring as Tanaka held Jarrett from behind and nailed Jarrett with a gut punch. Diamond grabbed Jarrett in a front-facelock. Jarrett struggled in the hold. Jarret managed to drive Diamond back-fist into his team's corner. Diamond lost his grip on the hold once he hit the buckles. Jarrett tagged in Davis. Davis a house of fire tore into Diamond with punches and then a series of rapid-fire knees to the gut before hip tossing Diamond out of the corner. Diamond up and Davis nailed Diamond with a dropkick. Diamond crashed to the mat. Davis grabbed Diamond's legs and flipped over on top of Diamond for the pin. 1...2...thr... Diamond got a shoulder up. Crowd groaned. Diamond and Davis getting up and was struck with another head shot. Davis went to whip Diamond into the ropes but Diamond reversed and caught Davis coming off with a gut kick followed by an inverted suplex (gourdbuster). Diamond for the cover. 1...2... Jarrett hit the ring but was cut off by Tanaka. ...3! Ref called for the bell as most in the crowd booed.

Diamond up and DDP climbed in the ring. Ref raised Diamond's hand in victory and DDP celebrated the win with his two men.

WINNER: Badd Co. - Pinfall - 8:34

Split-screen pic aired of Cactus Jack and Nikita Koloff with the caption: NEXT... WHO ADVANCES???

TV MAIN EVENT - ROUND 1 - #1 CONTENDER TOURNAMENT MATCH:
Cactus Jack vs. Nikita Koloff

Koloff came to the ring to a strong ovation down the face aisle.

Jack came to the ring down the heel aisle to strong boos but also had his supporters.

Ring announcer Nelson said that the winner of the match advances to the tournament final to determine who will face Wahoo McDaniel for the AWA World Championship at Christmas Chaos.

Koloff started pulling on the top rope as Jack charged over and started hammering away on Nikita.

Ref called for the bell to start the match.

Jack hammering away on Nikita. Jack went to whip Nikita into the ropes but Nikita reversed and sent Jack into them. Jack grabbed the top rope and held on and Nikita charged over and blasted Jack with a running clothesline that sent Jack hurtling over the top rope and crashing to the floor as Nikita briefly played to the roaring crowd. Ref ordered Nikita back and Nikita obliged. Ref started the 10-count. Jack to his feet on the floor and went over and grabbed an empty chair sitting next to the timekeeper's table and tossed it on the ring. Nikita snapped the chair up and sat in it and gestured for Jack to get back in the ring to more cheers from the crowd. Jack back up on the apron. Ref had re-started the 10-count. Nikita up and tossed the chair out of the ring. Jack climbed into the ring and glared at Nikita. Jack then laid on the mat and dared Nikita to cover him. Nikita looked puzzled. Jack again gestured for Nikita to cover him. Nikita stood next to Jack for a moment and then stomped Jack in the gut to cheers. Nikita snapped Jack up and bodyslammed Jack and went for a jumping elbow smash but Jack rolled out of the way and Nikita crashed to the mat. Both men down. Both men slowly to their feet and Jack caught Nikita with a kick to the gut followed by a suplex. Jack stomped on Nikita, mounted the middle rope and nailed Nikita with a leg drop off the middle rope. Jack for the cover. 1... Nikita kicked out. Nikita to all fours and Jack kicked Nikita three times in the side of the ribs and then dragged Nikita's face across the mat and broke the illegal move at the ref's count of 4. Jack threw his right hand defiantly in the air like he'd won as most of the crowd booed. Nikita getting up grabbing at his face and Jack clubbed Nikita across the back and threw Nikita out of the ring through the top and middle rope down to the floor. Jack climbed out on the apron as Nikita got to his feet. Jack hit Nikita with a running cannonball off the apron. Nikita crashed to the floor with Jack on top of him. Ref counting. Look on Jack's face suggested he enjoyed the previous move. Jack snapped Nikita up and threw Nikita into the post and Nikita slammed shoulder-first into it and staggered off. Jack rolled in and out of the ring to break the count. Jack went over and grabbed the chair Nikita had tossed out of the ring and stalked Nikita around the ring. Nikita turned and Jack went to hit Nikita over the head with the chair but Nikita blocked it and a brief struggle ensued over the chair. Nikita kicked Jack in the gut and seized control of the chair and tossed it aside. Nikita grabbed Jack and threw Jack back into the ring. Nikita followed and just barely beat the 10-count. Nikita hammered away on Jack and whipped Jack into the corner. Nikita moved in and plowed through Jack with a series of rapid-fire shoulder blocks to the gut. Nikita backed up and charged in on Jack and blasted Jack with a running shoulder block to the gut. Jack slid down to his ass in the corner. Nikita reached down to pull Jack up and Jack poked Nikita in the eye. Nikita staggered off grabbing at his eye. Jack to his feet and clubbed Nikita from behind with a double sledge to the back. Nikita fell forward and his had and arms and head hanging out over the middle rope. Jack backed up and charged over and nailed Nikita with a rope press. Jack repeated the move. Jack then went for the move a third time but Nikita moved and Jack flew through the top and middle rope and crashed to the floor to the delight of the fans.

Nikita up and the ref ordered him back and Nikita obliged. Ref started the 10-count. Jack made his way onto the apron. Nikita broke the 10-count and moved in on Jack but Jack dropped back to the floor. Nikita bolted the ring and chased Jack around the ring when Jack suddenly stopped and begged off and started backing up. Jack over by the announcer's table suddenly grabbed a drink off the table and threw it in Nikita's eyes. Nikita can't see and staggered off rubbing his eyes. Ref counting. Jack rolled in and out of the ring to break the count. Jack up behind Nikita, spun Nikita around and nailed Nikita with a swinging neckbreaker on the concrete.

Pedicino: My god! This man just looks for ways to reach new levels of insanity!

Dundee: Ain't it cool, mate!

Jack up and looked out at the crowd with an insane smile on his face. Jack snapped up Nikita and threw Nikita back into the ring. Jack in and stomped Nikita and bodyslammed Nikita. Jack backed up and went for a running elbow smash that connected. Jack for the pin. 1...2... Nikita kicked out. Crowd cheered. Nikita up and Jack violently drove Nikita into the corner and violently bit Nikita's forehead. Jack broke the move at the count of 4. Jack repeated the move with the same result. Nikita staggered out of the corner next to the ropes holding his head. Jack went to whip Nikita into the ropes but Nikita grabbed the top rope and wouldn't budge. Jack kept trying to whip Nikita into the ropes but Nikita would not let go of the ropes. Jack pulled again and Nikita clubbed Jack in the back. Jack stunned. Nikita hammered away on Jack. Nikita whipped Jack into the ropes and caught Jack coming off with a back elbow to the chest. Jack crashed to the mat. Nikita grabbed Jack and hit Jack with a suplex followed by a jumping elbow smash that connected. Nikita for the cover. 1...2...thr... Jack kicked out. Crowd groaned. Nikita up and backed up as Jack made it to his feet. Nikita charged at Jack with his Russian sickle finisher but Jack fell out of thee way and Nikita crashed front-first into the buckles. Loud groan from the crowd. Jack up as Nikita separated himself from the buckles. Nikita turned and walked right into a boot to the gut from Jack. Jack hoisted Nikita up and blasted Nikita with his stump puller piledriver. Jack covered Nikita. 1...2...thr... Nikita got his foot on the bottom rope. Ref patted Jack on the back and Jack got up thinking he'd won. Jack walked around with his fists in the air. Ref yanked Jack's arm down and waved off the pin. Nikita still feeling the effects of the piledriver. Jack grabbed the top rope and put the boots to the downed Nikita. Jack broke the illegal move at the count of 4. Jack snapped Nikita up and slammed Nikita's head into the top buckle. Nikita bounced back and crashed to the mat. Jack quickly out on the apron and mounted the top rope. Nikita up and Jack came off the top buckle with a double sledge to the head try but Nikita drilled Jack in the face with a punch. Jack crashed back against the buckles as the crowd ate it up. Nikita moved in and pummeled Jack with punches and kicks. Jack staggered out of the corner and crashed to the mat. Nikita got ready. Jack slowly up and turned and Nikita charged in and leveled Jack with his Russian sickle finisher. Jack slammed to the mat as the crowd roared. Nikita for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the cheers got louder.

Nikita up and grabbed at the back of his neck as the ref raised his hand in victory and the program went off the air.

WINNER: Nikita - Pinfall - 11:14

END PROGRAM
  • Like 1

1714697226368.png

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING SYNDICATED SHOW - DULUTH AUDITORIUM - DULUTH, MN - NOV. 1990

ANNOUNCERS:
Jack Reynolds & David Crockett

Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Eric Bischoff

(# Aired on a previous AWA program. Also highlighted in bold.)

(1st Taping)

In-studio:
Larry Nelson welcomed viewers and ran down the program:

TV MAIN EVENT - #1 CONTENDER TOURNAMENT MATCH:

Pre-match comments from both DeBeers and Muraco

AWA DEBUT MATCH: Bobby Jaggers

Special announcement about next week's show

Wendi Richter is back!!!

The Top Guns see action

And more!!

Nelson sent it to the ring in Dultuh.

Barry Windham won a squash match over Jimmy Uso via pinfall with his flying lariat finisher

Windham came to the ring down the face aisle to a strong ovation.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Barry Windham, you are really looking good since your debut here in the AWA. You seem like you're on a mission.

Barry: I'm always on a mission, Eric. And the main missions in pro wrestling is championships. And the main championship that wrestlers are on a mission to obtain is the World Championship.

Eric: You keep wrestling like you just did, Barry, and you should be swimming in championship gold very soon.

Barry: Things are looking good right now. But I've got to keep my momentum going. Gotta stay focused and put distractions to the side. This sport is all about foc...

Crowd booed as Tully Blanchard and manager Valerie made their way down the heel aisle and stepped into the ring. Tully and Val in street clothes.

Eric: Tully Blanchard. Valerie. This is not your...

Tully: Put a sock in it, Bischoff. How much are they paying you? Whatever it is is 100 percent too much.

Barry: What is it, Tully?

Tully: Barry, let's not insult the intelligence of these fans out here like some other promotions do.

These people know we have a history together that goes way back. We've had some remarkable battles over the years.

Barry: We have. Now get to the point.

Tully: Patience, Barry. Patience.

I came out here to challenge you to a match.

Crowd buzzing.

Barry: You want a match with me? When?

Tully: I want a match with you; but not in front of these clowns.

Let's do it in Sin City, baby.

Let's see who the better man is!

Barry: I'll wrestle you, Tully. Any time or any place.

Eric: You'll have to get the match-making committee involved to see if the match can happen.

Tully: Don't worry about that, Mr. Dyed Hair. They won't pass up a chance to put this match together on national TV.

Barry: Tully, I just wanted to say something. NWA or AWA, I cannot stand you.

Crowd cheered.

Barry: I can't wait to stand in the ring with you one more time, pal.

Tully: See you in Vegas.

Val: Barry, not only are you a great looking guy; you're also a great wrestler. If you ever want to hook up with a winner... give me a call.

Val handed Barry her card and she and Tully left the ring as Barry looked on.

In-studio: Nelson said Tully vs. Windham promises to be quite the match when they meet.

Pic aired of Wendi Richter with the caption: NEXT... BACK IN THE AWA!!!

Commercials

Wendi Richter won a squash match over Victoria via pinfall with her powerbomb finisher

Richter got a strong ovation from the fans who were happy to see her back.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Eric:
Wendi Richter, welcome back to the AWA. Haven't seen you in a while.

Wendi: Eric, it's great to be back in front of these great fans.

Fans cheered.

Eric: What have you been doing?

Wendi: I've been wrestling in Japan and Puerto Rico the last few months. It was a successful tour in both places. A lot of great competition out there in women's wrestling all over the globe.

Eric: Now you're back. What can we expect from Wendi here in the AWA?

Wendi: You can expect lots and lots of action from Wendi.

And, I think everyone knows what I am aiming for. I want another shot at Magnificent Mimi so I can regain that title I lost under shady circumstances almost a year ago.

Fans cheered.

Eric: Well, I know I would not bet against you in a re-match with Mimi, that's for sure.

Wendi Richter is back, everyone!

Crowd cheered as Wendi acknowledged the crowd.

Pic aired of Bobby Jaggers with the caption: NEXT... THE HANGMAN!!!

Commercials/Market-specific promos for house show cities/Generic promos for non-house show cities

Bobby Jaggers won a squash match over Orange Cassidy via pinfall with a Polish hammer ( violent double sledge to the chest)*

Jaggers was heavily booed coming down the heel aisle.

During the match, announcers talked about Jaggers being the man under the mask who screwed with the Trooper for several months before being unmasked by Trooper at SC 5.

(* Not Jaggers' actual finisher. Some wrestler movesets have been embellished to give them more than a standard offense.)

In-studio: Nelson talked about the brutal finisher by Bobby Jaggers. Said you are entering a danger zone with shots like that in the heart area.

Hyped Christmas Chaos on Dec. 11 from the St. Paul Civic Center in St. Paul, MN.

Said the show airs live on ESPN starting at 8pm ET/5 pm PT.

Split-screen pic aired of DeBeers and Muraco with the caption: NEXT... WORDS BEFORE WAR!!!

Commercials

In-studio: Nelson intro'd video of pre-match comments from Don Muraco and Col. DeBeers before tonight's main event.

VIDEO:

Shot of DeBeers in his camo gear holding a mic in front of the AWA logo.

DeBeers: It's no secret. I'm not a fan of people like Don Muraco. Why do you even allow them to live in the mainland 48 states of America?

Muraco takes up space as far as I am concerned. If you deport people like him you will have a much better country. These people are a nuisance of the highest order. Enjoy your nasty fish head soup.

We've wrestled one another before. But the stakes have never been higher.

The winner goes to the final of the tournament to decide who will face World Champion Wahoo McDaniel with the belt on the line.

This is looking like 'manifest destiny'... for me.

What a great and glorious day it would be for our people if I, Col. DeBeers, beat Wahoo and won the World title. The magnificence of it all!

Don Muraco, just your presence in most of the United States, you're in my way! You are going down to defeat, Mr. Pineapple Express, at my hands!

You cannot stop destiny!

Pic flipped and Muraco was standing in front of the AWA logo in street clothes with mic in hand.

Muraco: Col. DeBeers! Brother, we are in for a fight tonight!

It's gonna be intense enough with a shot at the World Title on the line at Christmas Chaos!

But, whenever you're around, the race angle cannot be ignored!

I know you hate non-whites! You're a white supremacist of the highest order!

But I'm gonna do everything in my power to beat those thoughts of superiority right out of you!

This is for a chance to face my tag team partner Wahoo McDaniel for the AWA World Championship!

Right now, any hope of getting back together as a team and chasing those tag team titles has to be put on the backburner!

When this situation is over, then we'll look at reuniting!

But I can't look ahead! I know what a snake in the grass DeBeers is!

I will be ready for action! And I'm gonna shove DeBeers' racism right down his throat!

END VIDEO

Pic aired of the Top Guns with the caption: NEXT... TAKING FLIGHT!!!

Pic then flipped to the AWA logo with the caption: NEXT... BIG NEWS!!!

Commercials/Market-specific promos for house show cities/Generic promos for non-house show cities

In-studio: Nelson announced that next week on ASW... the main event would,be the Destruction Crew vs. Ken Patera and Brad Rheingans.

Nelson sent it to the ring in Duluth.

Top Guns (Ricky Rice & derrick Dukes) won a squash match over Gangrel & Christian when Rice pinned Christian after a double dropkick

Guns got a decent ovation coming to the ring.

Split-screen pic aired of DeBeers and Muraco with the caption: NEXT... WHO ADVANCES???

Commercials

TV MAIN EVENT - #1 CONTENDER TOURNAMENT MATCH: Col. DeBeers vs. Don Muraco

DeBeers came down the heel aisle to strong boos.

Muraco came down the face aisle to a solid ovation.

Ref called for the bell.

The two men circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. After a brief struggle, Muraco drove DeBeers into the ropes to force a break. Break was clean. As Muraco slowly backed away from DeBeers, DeBeers stunned Muraco with a kick to the gut. DeBeers with a series of elbows to the back of Muraco's neck. DeBeers placed his foot on the top buckle and slammed Muraco's head into his foot. Muraco staggered off DeBeers clubbed Muraco in the back. DeBeers went to whip Muraco into the ropes but Muraco reversed and caught DeBeers coming off with a powerslam. Crowd popped. Muraco for the cover. 1...2... DeBeers kicked out. Muraco snapped up DeBeers, whipped DeBeers into the ropes and caught DeBeers coming off with a high backdrop. DeBeers crashed to the mat and quickly rolled out of the ring and dropped to his feet on the floor. DeBeers walked around on the floor regaining his bearings as the ref counted. DeBeers climbed up on the apron. Muraco moved in on DeBeers and DeBeers leaned through the top and middle rope and caught Muraco with a shoulder block to the gut. DeBeers repeated the move. Muraco stumbled back holding his gut. DeBeers back in the ring and popped Muraco with punches and then nailed Muraco with a bodyslam. DeBeers with a double foot stomp to the head of Muraco. Muraco grabbed his head and rolled over on his side. DeBeers rolled Muraco over on his back and covered Muraco. 1...2... Muraco kicked out. DeBeers popped Muraco in the head a couple of times and then snapped Muraco up and whipped Muraco into the ropes and caught Muraco coming off with a back elbow to the chest. Muraco fell back against the ropes. DeBeers moved in and popped Muraco with a series of stiff forearms to the chest. DeBeers ran Muraco down the ropes and slammed Muraco's head into the top buckle. Muraco spun around in the corner. DeBeers with a series of shoulder blocks to the gut. DeBeers working methodically. DeBeers went to whip Muraco into the opposite buckles but Muraco reversed and Debeers slammed into the buckles and staggered out of the corner and Muraco dropped DeBeers with a clothesline as the crowd popped. DeBeers tried to crawl out of the ring but Muraco grabbed DeBeers by the back of his camo pants and pulled DeBeers to his feet. Muraco drove a series of forearms into DeBeers lower back and then hoisted DeBeers up and nailed DeBeers with a gorilla press slam. Muraco for the cover. 1...2...thr... DeBeers kicked out. Muraco booted DeBeers and snapped DeBeers up and whipped DeBeers into the ropes and looked to catch DeBeers coming off with a clothesline but DeBeers ducked the move and came back and popped Muraco with a flying headbutt. Muraco crashed to the mat. DeBeers slow to get up. Muraco slowly to his feet. DeBeers ran and hit the ropes and came off with a running punch to the head. Muraco stunned. DeBeers quickly rolled Muraco up in a small package for the pin. 1...2... Muraco kicked out. Crowd cheered. Both men up and DeBeers nailed Muraco with a kick to the gut and then suplexed Muraco. DeBeers with a fist drop to Muraco's head. Muraco sat up and DeBeers caught Muraco in a rear chinlock. DeBeers cinched up on the hold but Muraco not submitting. DeBeers rose and drove a knee into Muraco's back. DeBeers snapped up Muraco and went for another suplex but Muraco twice blocked the move and suplexed DeBeers. Both men down. Ref counting. Both men to their feet and DeBeers moved in to hit Muraco with a double sledge to the top of the head but Muraco caught DeBeers with a trio of gut shots. Muraco whipped DeBeers into the buckles. Muraco moved in and nailed Debeers with a series of shoulder blocks to the gu.

DeBeers staggered out by the ropes. Muraco clubbed DeBeers from behind. Muraco whipped DeBeers into the opposite buckles. Muraco mounted the middle buckle and started popping DeBeers with head shots as the crowd counted along. DeBeers countered by grabbing Muraco around the waist and running out of the corner and blasting Muraco with a running inverted atomic drop. Muraco crashed to the mat. DeBeers quickly shook out the effects of the match. DeBeers booted Muraco with a series of deliberate stomps. DeBeers snapped Muraco up and threw Muraco through the top and middle rope down to the floor. DeBeers out on the apron jumped off and nailed Muraco with a foot stomp to the gut. DeBeers snapped up Muraco, hoisted him up and dropped him face-first on the ring apron. Muraco crumpled to the floor. Ref counting. DeBeers quickly rolled in and out of the ring to break the count. DeBeers started to pull Muraco to his feet when Muraco caught DeBeers with gut shots. Muraco up and slammed DeBeers' head repeatedly into the ring apron. Ref counting. DeBeers down to a knee. Muraco snapped DeBeers up and threw DeBeers back into the ring. Muraco back in as DeBeers got up. DeBeers tried backing up and begging off but backed himself into the buckles. DeBeers dropped to his knees in the corner. Muraco moved in and hammered DeBeers with head shots. Muraco snapped up DeBeers, whipped DeBeers into the ropes and caught DeBeers coming off with a Samoan drop. Crowd popped. Muraco for the cover. 1...2...3! NO! DeBeers got a shoulder up. Crowd groaned. Muraco snapped up DeBeers and went to whip DeBeers into the ropes but DeBeers reversed and caught Muraco coming off and nailed Muraco with a hot shot. Muraco snapped back and crashed to the mat. DeBeers down as well. DeBeers slow in making the cover. 1...2...thr... Muraco got a shoulder up. Crowd cheered. DeBeers caught Muraco with a head shot, snapped Muraco up and whipped Muraco into the ropes and Muraco came off and both men clotheslined each other to the mat. Both men laid out. Ref counting. Both men slowly to their feet. DeBeers caught Muraco with a kick to the gut followed by an elbow to the top of the head. Muraco stunned. DeBeers whipped Muraco into the ropes and caught Muraco coming off with a back elbow to the chest. Muraco down. DeBeers quick stomped Muraco and went out on the apron and mounted the top buckle. DeBeers turned and said something to some hecklers as Muraco got to his feet. Muraco up, grabbed DeBeers and slammed DeBeers off the top rope. Crowd popped. Muraco for the cover. 1...2.. DeBeers kicked out. Muraco snapped up DeBeers and DeBeers responded with a trio of elbows to the gut. DeBeers then hoisted up Muraco for a suplex but Muraco wriggled free, dropped down behind DeBeers, ran DeBeers into the ropes for a roll-up from behind for the pin. 1...2... DeBeers reached up and grabbed a handful of tights and reversed the pinning move. DeBeers held onto the tights. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the fans booed. DeBeers stood and the ref raised his hand in victory. Muraco up and charged at DeBeers and swung wildly and missed and DeBeers quickly scurried out on the apron. Muraco went to grab DeBeers but Debeers quickly dropped to the floor.

DeBeers backing up the heel aisle with a smile on his face as an angry Muraco looked on from the ring as the program ended.

WINNER: DeBeers - Pinfall - 8:57

END PROGRAM
  • Like 1