2011 - Summer of Punk BETA Release!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just simmed to 2014, a lot of companies seem to be folding so that might be a problem, WWE the undisputed top company in the world as you'd expect and they consistenly put on great matches and shows, TNA & ROH are doing well too.

They fold because they have none/very little shows and i had their schedules set to fixed, big over sight on my part, thos has all been fixed now for tonights update.

Update:

Iv just been fixing all the tv deals, there were many clashing deals like RAW being on 3 USA networks etc so theyve been sorted now.

NEW Update:

Data - https://www.mediafire.com/file/qi52gge0x9e2vd7/SOP2011+Data.rar/file

Graphics - https://www.mediafire.com/file/w3ibl26d9nmfgtd/2011GFX.rar/file

Next update will have overhauled broadcasters, that's the next big job.

I'm liking the update, now I'm left with the dilema of starting a long term game now or waiting for broadcaster update

Drake Younger, DJ Hyde, Scotty Vortekz, Drew Blood, Nate Hatred, John Zandig, Justice Pain, Christian Faith, Masada, Necro Butcher, Jaki Numazawa, Devon Moore, Abdullah Kobayashi, Wifebeater, Toby Klein, Adam Flash, The Messiah, Corporal Robinson, Nate Webb, Ian Rotten, Mad Man Pondo, Brain Damage, Danny Demanto, Mickie Knuckles, Greg Excellent, Deranged, Sami Callihan, Joe Gacy, Adam Polak, Jon Ryan, Little Mondo, tHURTeen, Takumi Tsukamoto, Ron Mathis, Tim Donst, Axl Rotten, Bull Pain, Balls Mahoney, 2 Tuff Tony, Cash Flo, Mitch Page, Mason Cutter, Yuko Miyamoto, Shadow WX, The Winger, Shuji Ishikawa, Takeshi Minamino, kankuro Hoshino, Ryuji Ito, Isami Kodaka, MEN's Teioh, Yoshihito Sasaki - These should all have Deathmatch Wrestler and arguably Daredevil set in their attributes. Should also revise the hardcore stat of all of these guys because some of them have really low Hardcore skil.

Ruckus had entered a Tournament of Death before so maybe add Deathmatch Wrestler to his attributes too, although he wasn't that known for them. But he should at least have Daredevil set, I think.

Pinkie Sanchez won a ToD as well, but like Ruckus, he wasn't really known as a deathmatch guy, so up to you if you wanna add it for him. Could maybe add "Will Risk Injury" for both.

Matt Tremont, Dysfunction, Thumbtack Jack,

The Messiah should be set as a wrestler, at the moment he has no roles set.

Also Drew Blood should be a wrestler, not a referee.

Ian Rotten and DJ Hyde should probably have scumbag personality.

I'm liking the update, now I'm left with the dilema of starting a long term game now or waiting for broadcaster update

I would wait, especialy if your going to start as a small company, iv got to fix up their production values as they are higher than they should be meaning they cost more.

Drake Younger, DJ Hyde, Scotty Vortekz, Drew Blood, Nate Hatred, John Zandig, Justice Pain, Christian Faith, Masada, Necro Butcher, Jaki Numazawa, Devon Moore, Abdullah Kobayashi, Wifebeater, Toby Klein, Adam Flash, The Messiah, Corporal Robinson, Nate Webb, Ian Rotten, Mad Man Pondo, Brain Damage, Danny Demanto, Mickie Knuckles, Greg Excellent, Deranged, Sami Callihan, Joe Gacy, Adam Polak, Jon Ryan, Little Mondo, tHURTeen, Takumi Tsukamoto, Ron Mathis, Tim Donst, Axl Rotten, Bull Pain, Balls Mahoney, 2 Tuff Tony, Cash Flo, Mitch Page, Mason Cutter, Yuko Miyamoto, Shadow WX, The Winger, Shuji Ishikawa, Takeshi Minamino, kankuro Hoshino, Ryuji Ito, Isami Kodaka, MEN's Teioh, Yoshihito Sasaki - These should all have Deathmatch Wrestler and arguably Daredevil set in their attributes. Should also revise the hardcore stat of all of these guys because some of them have really low Hardcore skil.

Ruckus had entered a Tournament of Death before so maybe add Deathmatch Wrestler to his attributes too, although he wasn't that known for them. But he should at least have Daredevil set, I think.

Pinkie Sanchez won a ToD as well, but like Ruckus, he wasn't really known as a deathmatch guy, so up to you if you wanna add it for him. Could maybe add "Will Risk Injury" for both.

Matt Tremont, Dysfunction, Thumbtack Jack,

The Messiah should be set as a wrestler, at the moment he has no roles set.

Also Drew Blood should be a wrestler, not a referee.

Ian Rotten and DJ Hyde should probably have scumbag personality.

Whoa, thanks. Thats an awesome list, ill get cracking on it.

Brock Lesnar still needs a Starting Absence. He's still under UFC contract and is scheduled for a fight with Alistair Overeem in December 2011. He'd also need some time to recover from the fight. (He returned to WWE the night after Mania, April 2012)

I'd also make Brock more popular, at least higher than Hogan.

FCW should only have popularity in South East and maybe drop that to 20-25. They held shows in front of a very small crowd in Florida with only local TV.

Add a narrative that changes FCW to NXT in June 2012.

Dean Ambrose, Bo Rotunda & Leo Kruger should have higher status in FCW. Bo is a two-time and current champion (and had a third reign eventually), Dean was shot right to the top of the card and Leo Kruger was receiving a push and became the champion after Bo.

Me and you both... In addition, I just wanna say that I'm happy to have contributed slightly to the beta of this mod and I'm very excited to play the full version when it comes out, perhaps in a day or two.

Brock Lesnar still needs a Starting Absence. He's still under UFC contract and is scheduled for a fight with Alistair Overeem in December 2011. He'd also need some time to recover from the fight. (He returned to WWE the night after Mania, April 2012)

I'd also make Brock more popular, at least higher than Hogan.

FCW should only have popularity in South East and maybe drop that to 20-25. They held shows in front of a very small crowd in Florida with only local TV.

Add a narrative that changes FCW to NXT in June 2012.

Dean Ambrose, Bo Rotunda & Leo Kruger should have higher status in FCW. Bo is a two-time and current champion (and had a third reign eventually), Dean was shot right to the top of the card and Leo Kruger was receiving a push and became the champion after Bo.

Nice, ill make those changes, Lesnar has a starting Hiatus of 40 weeks already set :)

Ok, so I have some really exciting news and probably the part about this mod I am most looking forward to and most proud of.

I have deleted all of the broadcasters and completely re-created them. I have left out all of the unnecessary clutter (Channels that have never/have no interest in showing wrestling) and multiple channels of the same broadcaster eg. Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3 etc. Instead you have Sky Sports with 1 company slot and 3 show slots.

I have modeled the sizes and company requirements on the default data and each broadcaster only has limited company and show slots.

This should mean you have to battle with rival promotions for the best broadcaster deals and each region has multiple broadcasters of different types and in each size so that there are clear paths and popularities that you must achieve to rise through the different broadcast levels.

Removing Sky Sports 1/2/3 would be like removing ESPN 1/2. They’re different channels. Not sure that makes much sense?

Yeah, I agree. I see where he's coming from with certain channels though. Take MTV and MTV 2. There's no reason for MTV 2 so I could see that getting the boot. Definitely something that should be looked at individually though.

Removing Sky Sports 1/2/3 would be like removing ESPN 1/2. They’re different channels. Not sure that makes much sense?

What tends to happen in game is Sky Sports 1 will sign with WWE, Sky Sports 2 will sign with TNA etc. When infact the 'Sky Sports' deal should be exclusive. I get that they are different channels but combining them and then give them 3 slots work most realistically.

Also, in sad news, apparently I have stolen this data from Genadi so go the reports to Adam. Everybody seen the state of the data on first release. Anyway I guess they are just hurt by the fact I have released a mod under the same name as they are working on.

So should we expect the broadcasting overhaul update later today & is there anything else that needs to be done after that?

There are always thing that need to be done :p

Yes, later today, I will post an update with the changes people have posted. New broadcaster system and productions values fixed.

I would hope at that point we are damn near a good mod.

There are always thing that need to be done :p

Yes, later today, I will post an update with the changes people have posted. New broadcaster system and productions values fixed.

I would hope at that point we are damn near a good mod.

Really looking forward to the update! 2011 was one of my favorite years as a fan.

Also, in sad news, apparently I have stolen this data from Genadi so go the reports to Adam. Everybody seen the state of the data on first release. Anyway I guess they are just hurt by the fact I have released a mod under the same name as they are working on.

I hope this isn't going to be an issue for you. I get the name is the same (though a name that's been used by many in the wrestling world to describe this 2011 summer), but that shouldn't be something that affects you or the mod.

I hope this isn't going to be an issue for you. I get the name is the same (though a name that's been used by many in the wrestling world to describe this 2011 summer), but that shouldn't be something that affects you or the mod.

It wont be an issue, all Adam would have to do is open up the .db file from Cpt Charisma's October 2010 TEW 2010 mod and open up mine to see that all unique ID's for every part of the mod, Workers, contracts, alliances, broadcasters, companies (basically everything) match up.

Whoa, thanks. Thats an awesome list, ill get cracking on it.

Just realised that I totally forgot to finish a sentence there haha!

Matt Tremont, Dysfunction, Thumbtack Jack are missing from the data as far as I can see, they should be created :) All Deathmatch guys too!