WCW: The one where Russian oligarch bought the company

dde01ig-179223a0-b54e-49cd-bfe3-7e67e27a1ea7.png

WCW Monday Nitro
Episode #95

Spokane, WA

Announcers: Mike Tenay, Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbyszko
Overall: 84

We start the show from the backstage area, where Steve Corino is in Dusty Rhodes' office. Corino points out that he eliminated the most people in last night's battle royal and also was the last man standing from Nitro brand. Corino demands a WCW World Heavyweight Championship match. Rhodes replies that he'll take that into consideration. (76)

Match 1: Samoa Joe, Homicide and Low Ki vs Kaz Hayashi, Jamie Noble and Ultimo Dragon. Samoa Joe, Homicide and Low Ki continue to stick together after BattleBowl. In a quick match full of spots, Hayashi goes for the Hayashi Cutter on Homicide. Homicide is saved by Low Ki. Low Ki kicks Hayashi out of the ring. Samoa Joe tries to grab Noble in a chokehold, but he suddenly turns it into a Guillotine Choke! Joe is in trouble! Meanwhile, Low Ki whips Ultimo Dragon right into a Gringo Killer from Homicide. 1...2...3. (9:37, 74) 

After the ringbell Homicide and Low Ki save Joe from the hold. An enraged Joe attacks Noble and puts him in a chokehold! WCW referees and officials intervene. Tenay points out that Joe doesn't like being made to look "bad". 

Video vignette: This man is being actively photographed for fashion magazines. He has a great body and great looks. He cares about it. He's also called "Gorgeous." His name is Bobby Roode, and he will be appearing on Nitro soon. (38)

Backstage, WCW US Champion AJ Styles talks to Rey Mysterio. He's unhappy with beign eliminated by Rey. "We could have made it to the end together." Rey replies that they work well as a team, but it's every man for himself in battle royal. It will also be every man for himself at the Spring Stampede as Rey tries to regain the United States Championship. But they have another tag team match tonight..... (75)

Match 2: Super Crazy and Tajiri vs Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens. Super Crazy and Tajiri have a match against young Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens and pick up a convincing victory after a Buzzsaw Kick from Tajiri and a Moonsault from Crazy. (7:20, 58)

Raven comes out for an in-ring promo. "I think someone in WCW management doesn't like me. Not only am I not getting the chances I deserve - they're inviting all the scum from the past. My past. First Sandman. Now Saturn. Who's next? I'm not going to fight them - not alongside them, not against them. They are my toxic past. My destiny is the WCW World Heavyweight Championship." The Commissioner Dusty Rhodes is here to respond. "You're going to fight who I say and when I say. At the Spring Stampede, you're going to have a street fight against Sandman." Raven: "That's what you think, old man." (76)

Match 3: Perry Saturn vs Mark Copani. Perry Saturn returns on Nitro and shows his class, taking on a young rookie Mark Copani at Rings of Saturn for the win. (3:15, 78)

Post-match, Gene Okerlund comes out for an interview. Saturn buries WWE in his promo. He's happy to be back in WCW. WWE doesn't value real and dangerous fighters. They didn't give him a chance. They prefer to show clown with mops on national TV. Saturn is back where is a real rivalry and real matches. He wants a competition! How does he feel about Raven? Saturn isn't going to dig up the past. He's not in WCW for that, he's in WCW for a real competition, real wins and real titles. But he really... really... really... really didn't like the fact that Raven left him at BattleBowl. Otherwise Saturn would have already been with a WCW World Heavyweight Championship shot at the Great American Bash. (41)

We have footage from WCW BattleBowl. An angry Chavo Guerrero bursts into the Four Horsemen's locker room. He was counting on Claudio to play along with the Horsemen and Chavo. Claudio replies that they defeated him fairly, even though he and Hero had a disagreement. Things end with a challenge: tomorrow (on tonight's show) on Nitro, Chavo Guerrero and Claudio Castagnoli will face off in a singles match. (79)

Match 4: Rey Mysterio and AJ Styles vs Air Paris and Ricky Reyes. The tension between the future match participants at the Spring Stampede was evident this time around, but that didn't stop them from picking up the victory after Styles Clash on Paris and Springboard Hurricanrana on Reyes. (8:24, 77)

Chavo Guerrero is not in the best of moods as he makes his way to the ring, "Because of all this internal shit between the Horsemen, I'm not with the BattleBowl ring right now. I'm sick of it. I've beaten The Rock. I've beaten Chris Hero, the winner of the SuperBrawl Classic. I've beaten every single one of your stars. But as I get closer to the pinnacle and the trophies, I get in the way. It's the same glass ceiling that has always been there for talented wrestlers in WCW. And it's getting to me! I demand that Dusty Rhodes come out here and give me what I deserve." Dusty Rhodes appears. He sets up the matches for tonight: Chavo vs Castagnoli, and Corino vs Chris Hero. The winners will fight for the #1 contendership (and shot for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at the Spring Stampede) next week. (87)

Match 5, WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship: Frankie Kazarian and Matt Bentley (w/ Stacy Keibler) vs Matt Sydal and Shannon Moore. Moore has an eye patch over his eye, the result of an injury in his contendership match. That patch gets in his way as he climbs up on the top-rope and misses a high-risk maneuver on Kazarian. Bentley immediately takes him down with a Superkick and pins - Sydal doesn't make it in time to stop - the ref counts to three. Kazarian and Bentley defend the titles again. (8:56, 82)

Backstage, Dusty Rhodes calls Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn into the office. Rhodes notes that not only do they have a great shared history in the past, but - given the BattleBowl - in the present as well, so Dusty schedules them for a 1v1 match at the Spring Stampede. (65)

Chris Hero backstage interview. He's tired of the Horsemen's constant interference in his business. Hero wants to settle it all with them in the ring and is willing to even fight them all at once if needed.

Match 6: Chavo Guerrero vs Claudio Castagnoli. Chavo showed that he is much more experienced than his opponent. Claudio had physical superiority on his side. Chavo dodges a Big Boot and rolls Castagnoli up into a pin, putting his feet on the ropes. 1...2...3. (9:48, 78)

Match 7: Steve Corino vs Chris Hero. Chris Hero finally gets a singles match against Steve Corino. The wrestlers showed all the animosity between them in the ring, but it's a stretch to say that Hero got what he wanted... As soon as he was in control of the match and Corino felt like he was losing - CW Anderson showed up. It doesn't come down to interference, but Hero and the ref are distracted - and Corino hits Hero with a brass knuckle. 1...2...3. (15:48, 87)

Post-match, Anderson and Corino throw some punches to Hero, as the crowd is booing and Nitro ending.

================================================

image.png.ab25eb8a906c476a910e5d54b585b375.png

WCW RAGE
Episode #16

Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI

Announcers: Joey Styles, Jerry Lawler and Don Callis

Lance Storm, accompanied by Bret Hart, opens the show and brags about his victory, the BattleBowl ring and the fact that he is going to the Great American Bash where he will finally become WCW World Heavyweight Champion. It's serious now! Shawn Michaels interrupts. He points out to how Lance won. The HBK shows video footage: in the match, CM Punk catched Lance during the elimination. But Lance's feet touched the mats outside the ring at least the same time as HBK's if not earlier. But the new WCW referee Jack Doan didn't see it. HBK calls for the decision to be changed. Hart intervenes and says the refs' decisions are final. They always have been. Don Callis grabs the mic from the commentary position, "Jack Doan is a new ref and could have made a mistake. Tonight he will get a chance to correct it because in the main event, Lance Storm and Shawn Michaels will decide of who gets the match at the Great American Bash. Jack Doan will referee the match." (100)

Match 1: Shane Helms vs TJ Perkins. Shane Helms defeats TJ Perkins in great lightweight action. Don Callis announced during the match that Helms will get a rematch for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship at the next RAGE. (8:20, 63)

Backstage, John Cena is angry with Hugh Morrus for not helping him during their tag team match at BattleBowl. Morrus replies that sometimes the young ones need to be taught a lesson. Cena: "Oh yeah? All the locker room and their authority figures can kiss my ass!" He challenged Matt Morgan to a match tonight and doesn't want to see Morrus anywhere near the ring. (58)

Tonight, Mike Awesome starts his participation in WCW North American Championship tournament. Franchin tries to find him for an interview but he's not in the locker room.

Match 2: John Cena vs 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan (w/ Christopher Daniels). John Cena met a serious opponent in the form of the powerful (but not yet too skilled in the ring) Matt Morgan. Cena was better due to his speed. Christopher Daniels began to interfere in the match and gave Morgan a leverage. Hugh Morrus runs out to help and accidentally knocks Cena down. Daniels attacks Morrus, and Morgan is in the ring laying Cena out with a Hellevator for the win. (5:46, 55)

Post-match, Cena is not happy with Morrus. He pushes him off and goes backstage.

Backstage, Sean O'Haire and Crowbar are talking. Sean doesn't hold a grudge against Crowbar for last night's defeat. But they have a tag team match again tonight. And if they want to defend the WCW World Tag Team Championship at the Spring Stampede together, they'll have to do better tonight. (64)

Match 3: Sean O'Haire and Crowbar vs The Prima Donnas (Christian York and Joey Matthews). O'Haire get a hot tag... and walks out of the ring! Crowbar doesn't understand what's going on. Especially after Sean's reassurances... But Christian York and Joey Matthews seize the moment and run their new finisher, the Snapshot, on Crowbar. The Prima Donnas pick up the huge victory at RAGE! (4:28, 60)

Backstage, WCW World Champion Goldberg wishes Shawn Michaels good luck. "We had a great match at Starrcade. I still want to find out which one of us is better. And this time, we'd make the match to the end without interference." (76)

Match 4, WCW North American Championship Tournament First Round: Mike Awesome vs Paul London. Mike Awesome comes through the crowd again and attacks Paul London from behind, gaining an early advantage in the match. London had a hard time recovering from such an attack. Especially as Awesome used his full arsenal of brutal moves. The announcers were looking surprised, forgetting what Mike's matches in ECW looked like. London tried to retake control and even succeeded, but Awesome catches him during one of his jumps and delivers an Awesome Bomb for the win. (12:49, 76)

Post-match, Mike Awesome further tries to "make an impact" and sends London into the steel steps! Then he - despite the screams and protests of the announcers, especially Joey Styles - begins to dismantle the announcing table... Brian Kendrick runs to the ring with a group of road agents. Awesome eventually leaves the arena through the crowd.

Chris Kanyon backstage promo. He brags about his victory over The Rock. "I'm still the #1 contender, but where's my title match? At the Spring Stampede, a member of Nitro will get the match, at the Great American Bash it will be Storm or HBK. Where am I, where's Kanyon?". (89)

Match 5: Sting and Booker T vs Elix Skipper and Petey Williams. Sting and Booker still try to make it work as a tag team before their chance to become tag team champions at the Spring Stampede.  Booker T saves Sting from the Canadian Destroyer with a Harlem Sidekick. Booker knocks Skipper out of the ring and Sting forces Petey to submit to the Scorpion Deathlock. (11:40, 79)

The Rock enters the arena, walks straight to the announcing table and addresses Don Callis directly, "I signed with RAGE on the condition that you give me Jeff Jarrett. Where's my match with him? You got a week to give me that son of a bitch." (87)

Match 6, Title Shot for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Lance Storm (w/ Bret Hart) vs Shawn Michaels. The wrestlers knew each other well. After all, this is their third match after Clash of the Champions and SuperBrawl... CM Punk tries to interfere in the match, but Michaels gets rid of him. The referee is distracted by this - at which point Bret Hart climbs into the ring with a ringbell in his hands! Shawn spots him, sweeps his legs and grabs him in a Sharpshooter! Hart taps out! Lance meanwhile comes back and hits Shawn with a ringbell to the head. Bret takes the bell and gets out of the ring... And Storm makes the pin to three. (19:54, 81)

• Like 2

WCW Monday Nitro
Episode #96

AllState Arena, Chicago, IL

TONIGHT: Chavo Guerrero vs Steve Corino. The winner will fight Goldberg for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Spring Stampede. (67)

Match 1: Jamie Noble vs Shannon Moore. Noble in typical technical style avoids a Rocker Dropper and grabs Moore in a Guillotine Choke for the win. (8:31, 81)

Post-match, Samoa Joe pops into the ring and grabs Noble in his version of the Guillotine Choke! Homicide and Low Ki guard the ring from the ref and officials, giving Joe the opportunity to do as much damage as possible. The commentators call it revenge for last week when Noble was able to make that submission hold on Joe. (79)

Video vignette about soon to be Nitro debut of 'Gorgeous' Bobby Roode. Bobby has the looks of a superstar that he has a huge following. Therefore, his success on Nitro is inevitable. (38)

Stacy Keibler (with WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions Frankie Kazarian and Matt Bentley) in-ring promo. She brags that there is no more competition for her clients on Nitro. WCW Commissioner Dusty Rhodes comes out. He promised an announcement and here it is: he's officially removing the weight limit from the tag team titles. From now on, these are WCW Nitro Tag Team Championship and can be defended against any team. This opens up a whole lot of opportunities for Kazarian and Bentley. A lot of new opponents. Speaking of opportunities: a small tournament will determine the champions' opponents at the Great American Bash. And tonight, Dusty will give a taste of who the champions will now have to face.... A match against Abyss and Mesias! (69)

Match 2: Perry Saturn vs Air Paris. Perry Saturn continues his appearances on Nitro, this time meeting little resistance from Air Paris and finishing the match again with Rings Of Saturn. (8:17, 78)

Post-match, Raven makes his way to the ring.  He apologises to Saturn for BattleBowl and blames Sandman for everything. Raven says he's always seen Perry as a good fighter and believes he'll be a success. If it weren't for Sandman... Saturn seems to believe. The announcers doubt Raven's sincerity and call it a manipulation. (60)

Backstage, Ric Flair talks to Dustin Rhodes about the change in status of the tag team titles. They did well as a tag team at BattleBowl. Flair suggests they try one more time in the tag team tournament and fight for the titles. (76)

Chris Hero is in Dusty Rhodes' office blazing with vengeance and demanding matches against the Horsemen, who constantly attack him as a group. Dusty replies that Corino already has a match tonight. But Rhodes suggests this: Chris Hero will face CW Anderson at the Spring Stampede and if he wins, he'll get a match against Corino at the Great American Bash. Regardless of whether or not Steve will be WCW World Heavyweight Champion by then. Hero agrees (73).

Match 3: Jerry Lynn vs Chris Chetti. Rob Van Dam joins the announcers. He talked about their extensive shared history with Lynn, but noted that Lynn was never as talented as RVD. And got a contract with WCW more out of pity because WCW couldn't sign "one of a kind". As for the match, Jerry Lynn wins after the Cradle Piledriver. (5:02, 63)

Post-match, RVD tries to attack Lynn with a chair, but Jerry really knew his opponent well and was ready for it. Lynn knocks Rob out of the ring. RVD looks surprised. (67)

Video vignette of Rey Mysterio's preparation for the WCW US Championship match. "This is a huge opportunity for me that I can't pass up." (62)

Match 4: Ric Flair and Dustin Rhodes vs Colt Cabana and Julio Dinero. Ric Flair and Dustin Rhodes practice their tag team interactions. Dinero and Cabana made their opponents sweat, but the veterans pulled it off - Flair grabs Dinero in a Figure-Four Leglock for the win. (11:10, 83)

Chavo Guerrero backstage interview. He talks about a huge opportunity for him tonight. He's going to be the #1 contender for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. (64)

Match 5, Non-Title: Frankie Kazarian and Matt Bentley (w/ Stacy Keibler) vs Abyss and Mesias (w/ James Mitchell). The size difference was impressive - and it made the difference when Abyss catches a leaping Bentley and lays him out with the Black Hole Slam for the win. (10:42, 76)

Backstage, Steve Corino talks to the Horsemen. "Management has had us on the bench for a long time. But tonight I'm going to earn a chance for us - a chance for the Horsemen to get the WCW World Championship belt" (79)

AJ Styles signs autographs. He is asked about his match with Rey Mysterio. Styles says that he respects Rey. Mysterio was the first to bring the cruiserweight style to the mainstream. He made a way for the guys like AJ. Styles has learnt a lot from Rey. This is going to be a tough match, but Styles is going to defend the US title. (75)

Match 6, #1 Contendership for WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero vs Steve Corino. The fans didn't really know who to root for. But other than that, the match was first class. Chavo argued with the fans a lot - and that got in the way when he taunted them for too long before the Frog Splash. Corino dodged - and performed an Old School Expulsion to win the even match. (15:42, 88)

Post-match, Steve Corino shows that he'll be the next WCW World Heavyweight Champion - and that's where the show ends.

WCW RAGE
Episode #17

Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, FL

Overall: 80

TONIGHT: We'll see a Cruiserweight Gauntlet with the two remaining having a match against each other the next week. The winner of which will be the next #1 contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.

Match 1, WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Elix Skipper vs Shane Helms. In their previous encounter, Helms was close to victory, but interference from Petey Williams saved the champion from the Vertabreaker. This time, Helms lifts Skipper up again for the Vertabreaker - and once again, Elix tries his best to avoid the horrible move and lands a low blow in front of the ref. Disqualification. Skipper picks up the belt and quickly escapes the ring. I guess it's still not the end. (14:11, 81)

Backstage, Francin interviews The Prima Donnas about their big win last week. "We're the best flying team since the Rockers. And we're tired of being benched. We want recognition, we want titles, and we'll do anything to get noticed on RAGE" (42)

Christopher Daniels backstage promo. He announces his participation in tonight's Cruiserweight Gauntlet. "It might be time to show them all what the true God of cruiserweight wrestling is all about. Most of the competitors just started wrestling yesterday... I've been performing at indy venues when they were still drinking milk from their mothers tits" (64)

Match 2: Booker T and Sting vs The Prima Donnas (Christian York and Joey Matthews). Despite all the talk York and Matthews couldn't overpower their experienced opponents - Booker T puts Matthews down with an Axe Kick, while York gets a Scorpion Deathlock. (10:46, 80)

Backstage, Nigel McGuinness complains to his tag team partner about a hip injury. So he will be replaced by Doug Williams in the 1/4 finals of the WCW North American Championship tournament. Alex Wright steps up and says he can beat both of them, so he doesn't care who his opponent is. (36)

John Cena answers questions from the visitors of WCW.com. He again talks about how there is an unspoken rule in the locker room - "do as the elders advise". Even if those veterans can't do shit in the ring. Even if those older guys can't help the younger guys. Even if you're better than them. Cena isn't going to comply and he doesn't want the locker room 'authorities' prying into his business like Morrus did. John Cena challenges Hugh Morrus to a match! (50)

Match 3, Cruiserweight Gauntlet. We’ve got a lot of famous and not very famous talents here. But the one thing that surprised many was the unexpected return of TAKA Michinoku! It was just him, Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt and a young Jack Evans left at the end. Experienced Daniels blocked one of Evans' moves and knocked him out of the ring. Michinoku suddenly pushes Daniels out of the ring - and the bell sounds! TAKA Michinoku and Sonjay Dutt will determine the #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Championship next week. (12:29, 69)

Backstage, Sean O'Haire talks to some RAGE wrestlers in a locker room. Some try to convince him to pick them as a tag team partner. O'Hair replies that he'll think about it and walks away, shaking his head in frustration... At that moment, he is attacked by Crowbar! Crowbar manages to land a few punches before security intervenes! (61)

Mike Awesome makes his way through the crowd. He walks straight to the announcing table! Awesome says that some nasty words that Styles said a week ago have come to his attention. Awesome reminds him that Joey was the one that made the entire ECW roster hate him when he jumped to WCW. "You were telling them all that I sold out. You called me a disgrace. You were the one that made my family lose all their friends. You were talking about chasing after gold. That I was a Judas. You said it all. Do you think I've forgotten? Do you think I've forgotten, you son of a..." Awesome grabs Joey Styles! Jerry Lawler tries to stand up for his commentary partner and immediately gets a mighty clothesline. Awesome is about to do the Awesome Bomb on Styles through a table... Brian Kendrick runs out and attacks Mike. Awesome grabs Kendrick and throws him into the steel post before leaving the arena through the crowd. (59)

Match 4, WCW North American Championship Tournament Second Round: Alex Wright vs Doug Williams (w/ Nigel McGuinness). Alex Wright and Doug Williams are both masters of technical wrestling, so the match was full of takedowns, interceptions and all sorts of interesting moves. Nigel McGuinness tried to interfere in the match. Wright shoved Doug right into him and performed a German Suplex with a roll up. 1...2...3. Wright advances to the semifinals! (10:49, 78)

Jeff Jarrett enters the ring. "The Rock challenged me...? I don't have to do what His Majesty The Rock wants me to do. I don't have to do what you want me to do. Because no one appreciates it. I've always done what the management wanted me to do. And what did I get in return? They screwed on me the very first minute I got injured. But a deal's a deal. Don Callis promised Rock a match with me... and I promised Callis that I would bring Rock to RAGE. And the plan worked. I will have a match with The Rock and show you all who your favorite star is. After that, all The Rock has to do is go back to Vince or Hollywood with his tail between his legs. But I won't be doing it here or in this shithole, I'll do it in a proper arena. At the Great American Bash in June." (77)

Match 5, WCW North American Championship Tournament Second Round: CM Punk vs American Dragon. Many would call the match between CM Punk and American Dragon a "technical dream match".... Both showed us why they are considered WCW's top young talents. But a bottle shot to Dragon's head two weeks earlier from James Storm still was felt. Punk quickly "cracked" the wound - and Dragon started bleeding heavily again. The blood flooded his eyes, which Punk took advantage of, catching Dragon with a Devil Lock DDT for the win. (9:48, 82)

Match 6: Goldberg and The Rock vs Chris Kanyon and Lance Storm (w/ Bret Hart). Goldberg and Rock almost picked up the victory, but Jeff Jarrett showed up and attacked Rock. Rock and Jarrett began brawling outside the ring, leaving Goldberg alone. Storm and Kanyon double-teamed the WCW World Champion - and Lance made the pin! 1...2...3. (12:55, 76)

Post-match, Shawn Michaels appears in the arena. Lance Storm prepares to fight. But HBK has a mic. "Take it easy Lance, I'm not here to get to you... You won like you won. And it made me realize one thing. My problem isn't so much with you, but with the man behind you. Bret Hart. Bret, do you want revenge? You don't want to let go of the past? Why don't you stop using other people and do it yourself? You and me, one on one. Hart vs Michaels. Hitman vs HBK. Let's finish what we started a long time ago." Shawn Michaels challenges Bret Hart - and the show goes off the air! (91)

Edited by Dimos
  • Like 1

WCW Monday Nitro
Episode #97

Resch Center, Green Bay, WI

Overall: 89

TONIGHT: WCW US Champion AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio will be the guests of Piper's Pit. (67)

Steve Corino opens the show and announces: at the Spring Stampede, he is going to defeat Goldberg and become WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He's been preparing for this moment his entire career. "You idiots don't know this, but I was the ECW champion. I've been the champion in indy. I've wrestled all over the world. And all of that was preparation for the biggest moment of my career. For the Spring Stampede, where I will defeat your beloved Goldberg and win the ultimate prize, the World Heavyweight Title." Goldberg is here with a mic. "I don't know how it was in ECW or the indies... But I'll tell you how it works here in WCW. If you get a title match, you're next!". Goldberg and Corino come face to face... and Corino lands a cheap shot, trying to knock Goldberg down. Goldberg fights back and takes control, but CW Anderson and Claudio Castagnoli intervene. The three of them beatdown the champion until Chris Hero comes running to his rescue. Hero clears the ring and helps the champion up. Hero and Goldberg challenge the Horsemen to a match tonight! (100)

Match 1: Jamie Noble vs Kenny King. Jamie Noble has a match against local wrestler Kenny King and picks up the victory after the Guillotine Choke. (3:22, 61)

Post-match, Jamie Noble grabs the mic and says that if Samoa Joe wants to face him, all he had to do was ask. Noble challenges Joe to a match next week and is going to show him the real Guillotine Choke. Samoa Joe comes out to the ramp and shows that he accepts the challenge. (68)

Backstage, WCW Commissioner Dusty Rhodes meets the Horsemen backstage and confirms that match Goldberg and Hero vs Corino and Anderson is now official. Claudio Castagnoli asks: "What about me?". Dusty isn't going to do a handicap match. And if Castagnoli is raring to be in action tonight, he has a match against Perry Saturn. (78)

Match 2: Kaz Hayashi and Tajiri vs Low Ki and Homicide. Hayashi and Low Ki. Hayashi and Low Ki were finally able to get to each other before the PPV, but in a tag team match. Homicide gets a green mist to the face and Hayashi performs a Hayashi Cutter on him for the win. (8:19, 71)

Backstage, Raven and Perry Saturn arrive together. Raven continues to pump Saturn up with hatred for Sandman. He actually has an idea: Saturn should challenge him instead of Raven! Road agent Harley Race meets them and informs that Saturn has a match tonight against Castagnoli. (70)

"Piper's Pit":
Roddy Piper invites AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio to the ring. Piper says the whole internet is buzzing about their match. Rey is repeatedly voted the fastest wrestler by the internet. Styles is also a fan favorite of the marks. Piper tries to cause strife between the would-be opponents, but both Rey and Styles express respect for their opponent and are going to show a five-star match... The idyll is broken by Chavo Guerrero, who is tired of hearing about mutual respect and giving in to those internet idiots. You don't need to be smart to jump on and off the ropes as a monkey. You know where smart wrestlers are? In Guerrero family. It's tradition. It's technique. It's lucha style at its very foundation. Rey is a disgrace to lucha, Styles is a disgrace to real wrestling and belongs in the circus. But that's who is valued here, not Chavo. So Rey gets a title match. AJ replies that if Chavo wants to prove himself so badly, unlike management, Styles will give him that opportunity - tonight, one on one. Chavo wants the WCW US Championship on the line - and Styles agrees! 13 days before the Spring Stampede! (80)

Another video vignette about Bobby Roode's imminent debut: he could have been a star anywhere - in movie industry, in TV shows, in sitcoms - because he has the looks of a superstar (and he cares about it... a lot). But he chose wrestling. (35)

Match 3: Rob Van Dam vs Matt Sydal. This time Jerry Lynn joins the announcers.  Lynn says he knows RVD inside and out. Knows every move he does and every tactic he uses. They've had some epic matches in ECW and are ready to figure things out once and for all in front of the WCW crowd. As for the match: this could have been a PPV-worthy match, but Sydal is still too green. Rob Van Dam blocks Sydal's move on the topr rope and knocks him down with a leg kick. Five Star Frog Splash ends the match in favour of RVD. (9:06, 79)

Post-match, Rob Van Dam provokes Lynn - and it almost comes to a brawl, but they are separated in time. (61)

Sandman backstage interview. "Raven is a master manipulator and everyone knows it. That's why he wants Saturn to solve his problems. But I want Raven, not Saturn. If I have to go through Saturn to have it? I'm ready." (44)

Match 4: Perry Saturn (w/ Raven) vs Claudio Castagnoli. Perry Saturn gets a serious opponent this time around in the form of Claudio Castagnoli, who brought his full technical European arsenal of moves to the ring. Saturn, however, showed that his technical arsenal has not been lost, but even gained from his WWE appearances. The match was even... until not seen by both the referee and Saturn - Raven hits Castagnoli in the face with a chair. Perry puts Castagnoli in Rings of Saturn for the win. (6:39, 79)

The announcers confirm: next week it will be Saturn vs Sandman!

James Mitchell backstage promo. "My sons, Abyss and Mesias, defeated your champions Kazarian and Bentley last week, but didn't get the gold. Now next week another match awaits them... but with the Nitro Tag Team Championship on the line. Abyss and Mesias will bring those titles to salvation!". (53)

Backstage, Rey Mysterio helps AJ Styles prepare for his match against Chavo Guerrero. (77)

Match 5: Goldberg and Chris Hero vs Steve Corino and CW Anderson. Goldberg and Hero formed a pretty good team. Had Castagnoli been on the Horsemen's side, things might have ended differently, but for now Goldberg puts Anderson down with the Spear and finishes things off with the Jackhammer for the win. (14:19, 87)

The announcers roll out matches for the next Nitro: Kazarian and Bentley will defend the Nitro Tag Team Championship against Abyss and Mesias, Perry Saturn will face Sandman, and Jamie Noble will fight against Samoa Joe! We're in for some great show.

Match 6, WCW United States Championship: AJ Styles vs Chavo Guerrero. AJ Styles defends the title against Chavo Guerrero 13 days before the PPV. And the wrestlers give away a main event worthy of this PPV. Chavo Guerrero grabs Styles in a half-Boston crab - AJ reaches the ropes. Chavo starts bragging about his advantage - and gets the Pele kick! Styles Clash attempt... Chavo counters with two rolling suplexes, but the third one is blocked by Styles and hits a knee to the head. AJ hoists Chavo onto his shoulders... hurricanrana by Guerrero! Chavo climbs up on the top rope... Frog Splash... misses! Styles goes for the Styles Clash again but Chavo blocks, hits a low blow and does the Gory Buster. Roll up with legs on the ropes. 1... 2... 3! We have a new WCW United States Champion! (16:27, 87)

Post-match, Chavo Guerrero raises WCW US Championship belt - and that's the end of the show.

WCW RAGE
Episode #18

MCI Center, Washington DC

Overall: 82

LAST WEEK: Shawn Michaels unexpectedly challenges Bret Hart. What will Bret's response be? (78)

CM Punk comes out to the arena and joins the commentators.

Match 1: Alex Wright vs Chris Sabin. Punk says he doesn't understand why Wright is considered a technical wrestler. For WCW? Maybe. But in the indies where Punk has wrestled, he would be considered a slacker with no technique. And Punk would prove that in their semifinal match at the Spring Stampede. As for the match, although Sabin was able to show a couple quick moves, Wright caught him with a German Suplex and then performed a Hangman's Neckbreaker for the win. (5:22, 49)

Post-match, Alex Wright and CM Punk have some staredown.

In a backstage promo Crowbar talks about his attack on Sean O'Haire last week. "All I did was getting revenge! O'Haire thinks he can find someone better to defend WCW World Tag Team Championship with? Tonight I'll prove him wrong in a one-on-one match!". (51)

Backstage, Hugh Morrus chats with road agent Harley Race and promises to teach John Cena a lesson tonight, teach him respect for the business and the locker room. (40)

Match 2, #1 Contendership for WCW Cruiserweight Championship: TAKA Michinoku vs Sonjay Dutt. TAKA Michinoku returns to singles action in WCW and has an immediate shot at a title match if he defeats Sonjay Dutt. The commentators are hailing the fact that Michinoku has had success in Japan and on the independent circuit during his absence from WCW, where he gained experience. And that experience came in handy for him tonight: despite Dutt's very successful performance, Sonjay was unable to break out of the pin after the Michinoku Driver. (11:06, 56)

Backstage, Billy Kidman is getting ready for his match. Christopher Daniels (with Matt Morgan standing behind him for reassurance...) taunts him. Daniels says Kidman hasn't accomplished anything in WCW except squeals from the fans. Daniels will accomplish more in a shorter amount of time. They have a quarterfinal match in the tournament next week. Kidman says he'll prove everything in the ring. 

Brian Kendrick and Paul London backstage. Kendrick is preparing for his match against Mike Awesome to avenge London and advance to the semifinals of the tournament. "Awesome wants to attack non-wrestlers like Joey Styles? Thinks that his size gives him advantage? He'll have the bigger problem tonight." (67)

Match 3: John Cena vs Hugh Morrus. Morrus was more experienced and stronger, and thus much closer to winning and "teaching Cena a lesson", but John unexpectedly dodges a No Laughing Matter and rolls Morrus up in a pin to three! (6:04, 58)

Lance Storm, in an interview with Franchin, reports that Bret Hart is not in the building yet. Lance has no idea that Bret will answer the challenge from Shawn Michaels. (58)

Match 4: Billy Kidman and Hernandez vs Christopher Daniels and 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan. Each competitor focuses on opponents of their own weight. Kidman goes for the Shooting Star Press, Morgan pushes him down. Hernandez kicks Morgan out of the ring and follows, and in the ring, Daniels lays Kidman out with Angel's Wings for the win. (7:30, 73)

The Rock in-ring promo. "Jarrett only wants to fight in big arenas like the Great American Bash? Rock is ready to fight anywhere: in this ring, in this city, in this town, in any city, at grandma's house in the village, in the store, in the square... And everywhere he's ready to kick Jarrett's ass." He's interrupted by Chris Kanyon. "Enough of this bravado... All people know that The Rock is only willing to fight for a big fee and a suitcase of money. Rock got a suitcase of money and went to Hollywood. Rock got a suitcase of money and went to WCW, forking over all his loyalty to Vince. So at the Spring Stampede you can rest up before the Great American Bash where Jeff kicks your ass. But I have another problem, I don't have a match at the Spring Stampede. Before you got here, I was the center of attention. I was the world champion. All the spotlights are on me. I was on every PPV. Now? I lost the title at Clash of the Champions because of you... I didn't get a rematch... I earned the title shot, but management won't give it to me... And after our match at RAGE 3 months ago, I didn't get a chance to settle accounts with you for everything... Will Spring Stampede be enough of an arena for Chris Kanyon to defeat the great Rock and get the spotlight back on him?". Rock's answer? "Just bring it!". (98)

Match 5: Sean O'Haire vs Crowbar. It was a wild brawl all over the arena. They managed to stay within the rules and not get disqualified or counted out though. Crowbar proved to be a tough opponent, but was unable to counter a Widow Maker from O'Haire. (8:29, 69)

Post-match, Sean O'Haire grabs the mic and says he spent these weeks looking for a decent tag team partner for his match at the Spring Stampede. And he's found a real fighter that few can match. This is how he intends to retain his tag team title belts at the PPV and after it. (73)

Bret Hart arrives at the building but refuses to comment. (79)

Match 6, WCW North American Championship Tournament Second Round: Mike Awesome vs Brian Kendrick. Awesome again makes his way to the ring through the crowd. Kendrick really surprised Awesome with his speed and technique. Awesome had troubles, until he catches Kendrick and throws him back-first into the steel post. Followed by a powerful backbreaker and Awesome Bomb for the win. (14:01, 81)

Post-match, Mike Awesome lightly "shushes" Joey Styles, but it doesn't come to an attack.

Bret Hart is coming out of the locker room. He says he will announce his decision after the next match.

Match 7: The Rock, Sting and Booker T vs Lance Storm, Chris Kanyon and Jeff Jarrett. Lance Storm didn't have Bret Hart in his corner this time. Maybe that played a part? But at the end, The Rock came into the ring after a hot tag and cleared the ring. Jarrett finally got his Rock Bottom and was pinned. (14:21, 78)

Bret Hart comes out for an in-ring promo. Last week Shawn Michaels challenged him to a match. Bret has been thinking about it all week. "I haven't been in the ring in three years. That superkick by the stupid Goldberg ended my career. And more than anything I'd like to get in that ring and make Michaels submit to the Sharpshooter one more time. But unlike Hogan, Michaels and others, I know when you should stop. When you should walk away. I don't want to torture these people with a shadow of myself. They don't deserve it. This crowd is here to watch guys like Lance Storm. Like Elix Skipper. Like Petey Williams. Like Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness. They are the future. And they'll take the likes of Michaels, Goldberg and The Rock out of the ring. So my answer is no. You want to fight, Shawn? Fight them."...

... Shawn Michaels comes out at the ramp. "You want to make me give up after a Sharpshooter? So far I made you give up two weeks ago..." Hart is angry. HBK: "But I already said... I don't have a problem with Storm. I have a problem with you. And if you can't have a medical clearence to have an official match, it's ok. I don't need an official match. I don't need a referee. I don't need to be declared a winner. I don't need nothing to get in the ring right now and make you listen to Sweet Chin Music." Michaels is coming to the ring!...

... Lance Storm is here to stop him, but HBK knocks him down with a series of punches. Before Shawn can get to Hart, Elix Skipper appears. He is immediately attacked by the American Dragon with a bandaged head. The British Invasion rush out to help - and are attacked by Brian Kendrick and Paul London. A huge brawl ensues. Security guards and referees try to restore order. Don Callis himself intervenes: "Enough! If these people want to see a Michaels vs Hart match, I'll give them one." Bret informs him that he is not a wrestler, has no contract and has no intention of going to the match. Kallis threatens that Hart will then never be able to even show up near the building where RAGE is being held. Callis concludes: "At the Spring Stampede, there will be an 8-man elimination match: HBK, Dragon, Kendrick and London vs Storm, Skipper and the British Invasion. If Michaels' team wins, then at Great American Bash, HBK will get his match against Bret Hart." (93)

Ultimo Dragon released from WCW

WCW has come to terms on the release of Ultimo Dragon.

Ultimo Dragon decided to continue his career in Japan and Mexico and not to be bound by any exclusive agreements.

Edited by Dimos
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WCW Monday Nitro
Episode #98

First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA

Overall: 87

The new WCW US Champion Chavo Guerrero opens the show and says he finally has a trophy that shows his status. He wasn't believed when he promised to send circus monkey Styles back to the circus. He wasn't believed when he said that experience counts for a lot. And here he stands in the ring as the new WCW United States Champion. He was right about everything!...

... He is interrupted by AJ Styles. Styles congratulates Chavo and remarks that everyone saw exactly how Chavo won. Styles wants a rematch and he wants it tonight! Chavo refuses and says that in WCW, you have to earn the right to have a title shot again. Styles remarks that he gave Chavo a title shot at his first request. Chavo Guerrero: "Haha, that's what I was talking about. Being smart is more important than doing risky deadly corkscrew saults." The champion is about to leave, but is stopped... 

... by the appearance of WCW Commissioner Dusty Rhodes! Dusty informs that he's here deciding who will fight who, not Chavo... And most of all he - like all these people - would like to see a great match Chavo vs AJ one more time!... But that wouldn't be fair, because in 6 days the winner would have a match with a fresh and rested Rey Mysterio waiting for him. So Dusty makes a different decision: at the Spring Stampede, Chavo Guerrero will defend the WCW United States Championship at triple threat against AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio! (85)

Match 1: Fit Finlay vs Colt Cabana. Finlay was much more experienced, so he won without much difficulty, putting Cabana down with a Tombstone. (5:07, 75)

Stacy Keibler backstage interview. "Tonight, my clients will defend the Nitro Tag Team Championship vs Abyss and Mesias. Nitro management want a revenge on my clients because they defeated all of their opponents and make brand look weak. Abyss and Mesias are stronger and bigger. But what happened a week ago won't happen again. My clients are the future of wrestling. And they gonna stay with their titles after tonight." (60)

Match 2: Tajiri vs Homicide (w/ Low Ki). Homicide is trying to get revenge for spitting green mist in his face last week. Tajiri was close to victory. He climbs the top rope to finish his opponent. Low Ki distracts him. Tajiri gets a superplex and a Gringo Killer. (7:01, 68)

Post-match, Homicide and Low Ki start beating up Tajiri, but Kaz Hayashi saves him. (58)

Raven arrives at the building and is surrounded by a group of fans. Raven doesn't really pay much attention to them until he hears the word "Sandman". He then tells people not to especially count on a match with Sandman at the Spring Stampede, because Perry Saturn is going to take care of this problem tonight. (55)

Match 3, WCW Nitro Tag Team Championship: Frankie Kazarian and Matt Bentley (w/ Stacy Keibler) vs Abyss and Mesias (w/ James Mitchell). Frankie Kazarian and Matt Bentley get their first serious opponents since the change in title status - in the form of Abyss and Mesias, who beat them two weeks ago in a non-title match. Abyss and Mesias tried to repeat their success, but this time the champions were more prepared. Stacy Keibler distracted Mesias - and that was enough for Bentley to hit Mesias in the head with a superkick, and Kazarian performed Wave of Future for the win. (10:15, 72)

Post-match, Kazarian and Bentley quickly pick up the belts and run away. Mesias tries to explain himself to a disgruntled Abyss and James Mitchell. The explanation fails, as Abyss grabs Mesias and puts him down with a Black Hole Slam! (52).

Another video vignette about 'Gorgeous' Bobby Roode coming to Nitro. He's not much interested in the brutal wrestling business. For Bobby Roode, it's a ticket to showbiz. (37)

Match 4: Perry Saturn vs Sandman. A match that clearly reeked of the old ECW atmosphere. It was an open match. Raven comes out in midtime. And he hits Sandman with a Raven Effect at ringside, while Saturn or the referee doesn't pay attention. Raven rolls Sandman back into the ring where Saturn finishes him off with the Spicolli Driver for the win. (10:33, 70)

Post-match, Raven orders Saturn to finish Sandman off, but Perry isn't about to take anyone's orders. While they argue, Sandman regains consciousness and clears the ring with a singapore cane! (54)

Match 5: Chris Hero vs Shannon Moore. Moore tries his best, but Hero catches him with a KO Elbow for the win. (5:11, 76)

Post-match, CW Anderson shows up at the ramp with the mic. "Hero, you thought you were in trouble with Castagnoli, then Corino... But it's going to be me who takes you out! Because I'm the enforcer. That's what I do." (73)

Gene Okerlund interviews Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn before their match at Spring Stampede. Lynn says he and RVD have had some good matches. They know each other inside and out. And they can present another classic match - this time for the WCW audience. RVD laughs at Lynn, saying that he is stuck in the past. Rob is focused on the future. In that future, he's going to come "out of his extreme pants" and become a true superstar for the mass audience, one of a kind. Jerry Lynn is forever in ECW - and should have stayed there. Rob Van Dam is built for the big arenas and for winning. And he'll prove it at the Spring Stampede. (66)

Match 6: Samoa Joe vs Jamie Noble. Joe and Noble got a chance to steal the show at the main event. Any other time this match would go to the PPV, but this month there is no more place on the card. Which is becoming more and more common since the brand split... So fans have a right to expect many big matches on free TV. As for this particular match, we were treated to almost 15 minutes of pure action, where Noble again surprised everyone, including Joe, with his preparation, technique and arsenal of various takedowns. Noble grabbed Joe in a Guillotine Choke at the end, but this time Samoa Joe was prepared: he got out by lifting Noble up and slamming him into the steel post, then finished him off with a Muscle Buster for the win. (14:47, 84)

WCW Commissioner Dusty Rhodes invites WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg and Steve Corino to the ring to settle the final formalities before their match in 6 days. The wrestlers sign the contract. Steve Corino takes the microphone: "This is the event you've all been waiting for. I know many of you underestimate me. Like they underestimated me everywhere - in ECW, in Japan, in the indies. They all thought I was one of many... But everywhere I've gone - I've been successful. All my previous successes have prepared me for this day. The day I become the ultimate world champion. WCW World Heavyweight champion. This is my destiny.". Goldberg responds: "You may feel like you're smarter than everyone else. That you're ready. That you've got the Horsemen on your side, that you've got it all figured out... I've beaten worse opponents than you. I remember the nWo, I remember all kinds of bad guys. I had it much worse. And you may think your destiny awaits you at the Spring Stampede. But every one of those people know: at the Spring Stampede, you're just going to be next." Goldberg and Corino come face to face in front of the WCW World title belt - and that's the end of the show. (99)

WCW RAGE
Episode #19

Selland Arena, Fresno, CA

Overall: 85

Match 1: Doug Williams vs American Dragon. Doug Williams and American Dragon have been eliminated from the tournament for the vacant WCW North American Championship but meet in a face-to-face match tonight. The announcers say that both wrestlers are amazing with their technique and both will no doubt still get their chances to become champion. The match was full of dynamic interceptions and nearfalls, but just one mistake allowed Dragon to take Williams into his new LeBell Lock hold for the win. (6:36, 77)

Backstage, Jeff Jarrett is bragging to some girl about his accomplishments. Yun Yang walks by and taunts Jeff about being pinned by The Rock last week. Jarrett attacks Yang and challenges him to a match. (51)

The Hart group is backstage. Petey Williams says he was left out of the 8-man tag team match at the Spring Stampede, but he will prove his usefulness to the team. He will challenge Shawn Michaels to a match tonight. HBK probably won't even appear on the PPV at all after his Canadian Destroyer. (57)

Match 2: Jeff Jarrett vs Yun Yang. Jeff Jarrett was surprised by the speed and technique of his opponent, but experience played its part and Jarrett catches Yang with the Stroke for the win. (5:35, 74)

Post-match, Jarrett takes the mic: "You all want to laugh at me? You want to boo me? Then see what I'll do to your hero The Rock at the Great American Bash!" (80)

Backstage, Franchin asks Sean O'Haire about his tag team partner. In just 3 days they will defend the WCW World Tag Team Championship. Sean refuses to reveal his name, saying that everyone will find out about him at the Spring Stampede. Mike Sanders intervenes and says that at first they've been looking at former members of the Natural Born Thrillers, but they're all not good enough. There weren't any worthy candidates backstage either. But they found someone who is worthy of wearing one of the championship belts. (54)

The video package shows a comparison of the characteristics and accomplishments of Billy Kidman and Christopher Daniels. Both wrestlers are looking to break out of the midcard - and a new WCW North American Championship shot could be a great chance for them. These wrestlers will face off in the second round tonight. (65)

Match 3: Shawn Michaels vs Petey Williams. Petey Williams tried very hard to earn some points in front of his Canadian-British friends and defeat Shawn Michaels. Petey did a Canadian Destroyer attempt, but HBK was able to avoid it and hit the Sweet Chin Music for the win. (8:33, 79)

Alex Wright is at his home gym practicing before his tournament semifinal against CM Punk at the Spring Stampede. Wright says the WCW North American title is a huge opportunity for him. A chance to finally make his way to the top of WCW after so many years in low card. (58)

Franchin does a "sit-down" interview in the ring with TAKA Michinoku about his return. Michinoku talks about the traditions of Japanese wrestling, Michinoku Pro, which he took the name after. He also talks about how he's not just a wrestler anymore. They founded Kaintai Dojo to give a way into the big business for talented Japanese guys. So he doesn't have a lot of time on his hands. But the WCW Cruiserweight Championship is a big prize. So TAKA Michinoku came back for a short time to win it and add to his collection of titles... WCW Cruiserweight Champion Elix Skipper interrupts him. "You might be a big fish in Japan and indy, but it's a different league here. At the Spring Stampede I'm busy helping my mentor Bret Hart, but at the Great American Bash I'll be happy to put the title on the line and send you back to Japan." (50)

Match 4, WCW North American Championship Tournament Second Round: Billy Kidman vs Christopher Daniels (w/ 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan). Two things happened during the match: the ref sends Matt Morgan backstage, taking away Christopher's competitive advantage. Also, Mike Awesome showed up and joined the announcers, sitting down next to a scared Joey Styles. As for the match itself, Daniels makes the mistake of missing the Best Moonsault Ever. Kidman, making the Shooting Star Press, makes no such mistake. Billy advances to the semifinals! (12:32, 82)

Post-match, Kidman is immideately attacked by Mike Awesome! A stiff beatdown and Awesome Bomb puts Kidman down. Billy needs a medical help. And it's just 3 days before the PPV! (70)

Backstage, John Cena is packing a bag when Hugh Morrus approaches him. Morrus says that just one mistake led to his defeat a week ago, and Morrus wants a rematch. Cena: "I used to always think I had to answer every challenge. But then I thought - why? Because that's the way it's done? I'm not interested in your rules. Moreover, I don't have a match tonight, so I intend to rest and I'm going to a nightclub." (51)

Backstage, Brian Kendrick and Paul London prepare for their match tonight against Lance Storm and Elix Skipper. (72)

Match 5: Sean O'Haire (w/ Mike Sanders) vs Booker T. Sean O'Haire faces one of his future opponents, Booker T, ahead of their tag team match at the PPV. Booker T grabs the lead. Mike Sanders tries to interfere but is stopped by Sting! O'Haire is distracted by this - and becomes the victim of an Axe Kick. Booker T picks up the victory. (8:53, 74)

Post-match, Mike Sanders grabs the microphone: "You won tonight. But wait until you see our surprise at the Spring Stampede!" (73)

CM Punk backstage promo. "Alex Wright is a good worker. But he's not a star. And he never will be. I've been preparing for this moment my whole life. And in just a few years of my career, I'm going to accomplish more than Wright has in his entire life." (72)

Chris Kanyon in-ring promo. "Where's your hero The Rock? He's not even in the building tonight. He's probably on a talk show somewhere or casting in Hollywood. Because he doesn't care about you. The only thing he cares about is money. But you're all cheering him and not the people who are here every day in that ring... You know what? At the Spring Stampede, I'm gonna show you what your star is made of. Because entertainment and stardom won't help him avoid my innovative and violent moves, and it won't help him survive the Flatliner" (100)

Match 6: Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs Lance Storm (w/ Bret Hart) and Elix Skipper. At the end, the wrestlers block each other's finishers. Kendrick avoids the Maple Leaf and rolls Storm up into a pin for two... Lance breaks free and knocks Brian out of the ring. And in the ring, London slams Skipper and performs Shooting Star Press for the win. (13:03, 79)

Right after the bell, The British Invasion  attacks the winners. The 5-on-2 beatdown (featuring Bret Hart) lasts until Shawn Michaels and American Dragon run into the ring. The faces clear the ring and HBK catches Hart! He's gonna put The Hitman him into the Sharpshooter! Lance Storm grabs Bret's arms and pulls his mentor out of the ring. Bret Hart and the company retreat to the ramp. (69)

World Championship Wrestling presents...

WCW SPRING STAMPEDE 2003

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/f62c2f82-5d9a-4078-b0e7-0a5b1a1646ac/d8fqjj7-ad8045cf-0faa-4937-835f-8c55251d165f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Y2MmMyZjgyLTVkOWEtNDA3OC1iMGU3LTBhNWIxYTE2NDZhY1wvZDhmcWpqNy1hZDgwNDVjZi0wZmFhLTQ5MzctODM1Zi04YzU1MjUxZDE2NWYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gXLWCKZIrrx7mGJNkDKKWI0HPvju1ZbRM5qty1ccmBc

Final Card

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs Steve Corino

WCW United Stated Championship
Chavo Guerrero vs AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio

WCW World Tag Team Championship
Sean O'Haire and the mystery partner vs Booker T and Sting

The Rock vs Chris Kanyon

Chris Hero vs CW Anderson

If Team HBK wins, Shawn Michaels gets 1-on-1 match vs Bret Hart at Great American Bash
Shawn Michaels, American Dragon, Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs Lance Storm, Elix Skipper and The British Invasion

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn

WCW North American Championship Tournament Semifinals
Mike Awesome vs Billy Kidman

CM Punk vs Alex Wright

Raven vs Sandman

Kaz Hayashi vs Low Ki

• Like 1

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg
vs Steve Corino

WCW United Stated Championship
Chavo Guerrero
vs AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio

WCW World Tag Team Championship
Sean O'Haire and the mystery partner vs Booker T and Sting

The Rock vs Chris Kanyon

Chris Hero vs CW Anderson

If Team HBK wins, Shawn Michaels gets 1-on-1 match vs Bret Hart at Great American Bash
Shawn Michaels, American Dragon, Brian Kendrick and Paul London
vs Lance Storm, Elix Skipper and The British Invasion

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn

Mike Awesome
vs Billy Kidman

CM Punk
vs Alex Wright

Raven vs Sandman

Kaz Hayashi vs Low Ki