Pushes that you gave up on due to injuries

What are some of your pet-projects that you wanted to elevate to a higher level but your plans got derailed due to a long or multiple injuries.

This thread was inspired by my attempt to at least get Luis Montero Jr to a main event level. I started my save with him turning heel and eventually he went over clean against Marco Flores in a huge upset. The next month's PPV he was in a tag match to continue the feud and he tore his rotator cuff and BOOM...out for 8 months.

During recovery his father passed away so I was gonna do some carnie shit and he would ask my champion (Mr. Lucha III) for a title match in honor of his father, lose said match and then attack the champion to reassure his heel status. Unfortunately he cracked his sternum in the match and was out for another month. :/

I was even gonna put the title on him in a rematch to be a transitional champion to give Nicolas his 9th world title reign and he would've headlines the anniversary show with him, which is my season finale.

Paul London. He won the intercontinental title, got injured on the next day for 4 months (was the lenght I planned him to be champion, as i wanted him vs Dolph Ziggler at wrestlemania) i gave the belt to christopher Daniels, who did so good. I made a 3 way at wm with london’s return. He didn’t win and never did anything else with him. He just fell between the cracks.

1985-1999 Game

-Hollywood Hogan: From 85-93, Hogan would be stop and start because he would take movie deals nonstop. Right when he got back, I would put the title back on him and within three months he would take another movie deal. He won the World Title in my game recently but broke his neck. He is pretty much done.

-Chris Jericho: Same as Hogan. Since he debuted he leaves almost every year for a movie. Whenever he gains momentum, BOOM the game pulls the rug out out from me.

-Chris Kanyon and Ken Shamrock: Both are dead to me since they keep taking MMA fights.

My first save in the cverse, Motoyuki Miyaki kept getting injured every time he'd get a title. I think it was 3 major titles won, 3 major injuries during the win if not immediately after the win.

My last cverse save, Lion Genji would get injured every time I decided to give him a push for the title. So that's his thing now. He never wins "the big one" and normally gets injured before the match even happens.

Paul London. He won the intercontinental title, got injured on the next day for 4 months (was the lenght I planned him to be champion, as i wanted him vs Dolph Ziggler at wrestlemania) i gave the belt to christopher Daniels, who did so good. I made a 3 way at wm with london’s return. He didn’t win and never did anything else with him. He just fell between the cracks.

I'm quoting myself because after writing this, I felt so bad, I gave him the tag titles with Brian Kendrick.

Well. I have two notable ones. Jebediah and Conner Threepwood. Both of them, erm, died on me during their pushes. Threepwood was already established but I had bigger plans for him. Jebediah died only a handful of months into the save so he never really got off the ground.

Well. I have two notable ones. Jebediah and Conner Threepwood. Both of them, erm, died on me during their pushes. Threepwood was already established but I had bigger plans for him. Jebediah died only a handful of months into the save so he never really got off the ground.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like Jebediah has star potential in the right environment.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> -Chris Kanyon and Ken Shamrock: Both are dead to me since they keep taking MMA fights.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Having a similar issue with Shamrock in my current NJPW game in 1993. Thankfully I have the ever growing in popularity Dave Finlay, who is honestly my Scott Norton replacement, as I've never cared for Scott.</p><p> </p><p> Also, Nobuhiko Takada was in line to get an IWGP Heavyweight run next year but he just took a fight which doesn't hurt my plans but definitely makes me weary. Minoru Suzuki and Mr. Gannosuke were going to win the tag titles after I built them up but Suzuki just took an MMA fight.</p>

This was in TEW2008, but was my most heartbreaking injury I've ever received and killed the momentum of my game.

In my 1997 CGC game, Barry Bowen was on tear for the entire first half of the year. I got him into B+ pop range, and finally put the World title on him. First defense, breaks his neck and is out for 13 months. I didn't really have the heart to keep going with that game, and it ended up fizzling out.

I tried a save with a deathmatch promotion once, and I had this problem with PsychoMike. He was my most popular wrestler, and I had him win a big tournament as a test drive, which went over well. However, when he won his title, he got injured and was out for about a month. Then when he came back and had his first title defense, he got injured again for about six weeks, causing him to miss the next show. Then when he came back again, he broke his fingers. That one was only for a week, but it still left me stunned by how he simply couldn't keep himself from getting injured.

Not so much injuries but I signed New Jack to my 1995 WWF roster and sent him to development where he actually developed into a really strong worker. Went as far as having him wrestle Taker at Mania, and some PPV matches with Foley. Pushed him towards the IC title multiple times but he couldn’t get clean no matter how many times I sent him to rehab so I released him. WCW picked him up and had him go over Hogan to win the World title.

I had the opposite,kamikaze shattered his knee early on and when he came back he was close to 0, I think 14,on his knee

So I changed his gimmick to one last chance, had him take sick bumps every match and in my mind he was a guy willing to kill himself to go out on top

The gimmick change, off the top of my head, gave either large charisma or large psychology boost, and helped merchandise sales

He did eventually win the CZCW title, and weirdly I got a year uninjured out of him even with the sick bumps before I moved on to another save

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New Jack vs. Hogan would've topped Halloween Havoc '98.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm 1000% a fan of this. I've been booking New Jack strong in my game (pre-death) but now that he is gone, he will get a decent singles push. I've always liked his character.</p>