Risky Business - 1985

That is due to many companies having their schedule set as TV or Monthly. If the promotion has a TV Show then it will set the events to Dormant. I will tweak this in 4.3. I would suggest putting some to fixed (like WWF and JCP). But I have pretty much finished that now so will upload a quick version. The Agers...are taking an......

Here is the updated data that will mostly fix that to a degree, not finished completely for 4.3 but should make events run more realistically:

Version 4.2b

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x3tn4251khp89ye/1985_-_4.2b.zip/file

Do you have a list of changes you made by chance?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 4.3 uploaded (Also On First Post): https://www.mediafire.com/file/ymmj1rcrx69yrjv/1985_-_4.3.zip/file

Changes

- Corrected Riki Choshu Scumbag Attribute

- Tweaks and additions of future worker potentials

- Fixed future worker body types and some current

- Added Correct Tours to AJPW and NJPW

- Removed Touring from Mexican Companies

- Added Monthly Event/Shows Across Most Companies for Game Balancing

- Fixed Dormant Event Issue When Companies Were Set to TV or Monthly Schedule

If you have previously downloaded the pic pack ensure you copy and paste all pics from logo file into event file Do not overwrite/replace. Otherwise just download pic pack on OP.

Agers will take longer. So will need more days to complete these. :) Apologies.

Sorry if I missed an answer for this, but is there any chance for a .jpg version of the database?

It'd definitely be a bit of a pain to keep ontop of. But... Man, I just really wanna use my personal ngo stuff for this. lol

You should be able to simply goto each section in the data (workers, companies etc) and just mass edit "Picture Becomes JPG Format." Hopefully that does the trick. :)

Yeah, but there'd be problems with the agers and the alter egos, right?

Aye, most likely. Would love to work on jpg's but would struggle to find the time when already working on pics (gifs) at the mo. You are more than welcome of course to give it bash and we can add it as alternative pack. But I'm afraid I'm not going to have the time. :(

Aye, most likely. Would love to work on jpg's but would struggle to find the time when already working on pics (gifs) at the mo. You are more than welcome of course to give it bash and we can add it as alternative pack. But I'm afraid I'm not going to have the time. :(

Out of curiosity, how many more updates do you envision? I wanna give this save a go but not until all the major eras are complete.

Out of curiosity, how many more updates do you envision? I wanna give this save a go but not until all the major eras are complete.

Yes I’m thinking the same thing if there are any thoughts on it.

In reality, one more for Agers. And I'm only doing that due to my OCD of wanting all pictures to be in the sticker gif format, otherwise they are all already there in jpg format.

My ONLY concern is some future Companies starting up with no event pics or belt pics when the AI creates them, so if you can tolerate that (I struggle to!) then all good. :)

And then other than people letting me know a glaring issue, me then fixing it or a HUGE facepalm moment. It's as is now really. :)

I've simmed it for 5 years and 10 years and all seems stable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really digging into this for the first time. Is WTBS Studios here? Does anyone know what capacity was for that place?

It doesn't but I can add later. Not sure of capacity...wouldn't be many after some researching...

https://www.midatlanticwrestling.net/almanac/tv_history/tv_studios/wtbs/studio_wtbs.htm

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/8/8/17661400/cnn-turner-ted-midtown-atlanta-tara-on-techwood

<p>I purchased 2020 and Parallels just for this mod and I'm loving it so far. A few things I noticed:</p><p> </p><p>

Ricky Morton quickly goes to NJPW</p><p>

The Road Warriors go to WWE and don't always stay a team</p><p>

Florida and a few other territories don't have active TV deals</p><p> </p><p>

I also made a few tweaks, adding more local US tv stations of various sizes. Having grown up in this era with UHF TV, not all stations were equal. I also like to have the syndicated shows run on several regional stations rather than "US syndication" at first. Just a personal preference. I can't wait to keep playing. Thank you for all the hard work.</p>

RISKY BUSINESS...

I'm finding work taken from my Free Pic Pack used in this mod without credit. Since you credited Gaz, who has stolen from me & others previously, for some of the pics I'm hoping that's the reason for this happening, that you had just had no idea at all.

There's no need to make any major changes to your mod, as long as you will please credit me in this thread & in the database details for the images used. I know it's a tiny thing, but it took awhile making those thousands of pics & the database that accompanies it.

_________

EDIT: Additionally, I've spent lots of time in the editor & found ASWA is set to open Jan '85, but it was only open for 2 years in the 70s. During the period in the mod, she was dying of cancer. Here's a really cool read about the company, if you like wrestling history like I do. I know you said you want to make this as good as it can be & wanted feedback, so I hope that helps.

I also can't find any record of All-Star Wrestling by Killer Kowalski ever existing. Maybe my Google-fu is weaker than it used to be, but I've also never heard of it before.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabin357" data-cite="sabin357" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53338" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I also can't find any record of All-Star Wrestling by Killer Kowalski ever existing. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> According to Wiki, Kowalski's International Wrestling Federation promoted under the name "Killer Kowalski's All Stars", but it sounds like they only started using that name in the '90s. That's the closest I can find.</p>

I'm finding work taken from my Free Pic Pack used in this mod without credit. Since you credited Gaz, who has stolen from me & others previously, for some of the pics I'm hoping that's the reason for this happening, that you had just had no idea at all.

There's no need to make any major changes to your mod, as long as you will please credit me in this thread & in the database details for the images used. I know it's a tiny thing, but it took awhile making those thousands of pics & the database that accompanies it.

_________

EDIT: Additionally, I've spent lots of time in the editor & found ASWA is set to open Jan '85, but it was only open for 2 years in the 70s. During the period in the mod, she was dying of cancer. Here's a really cool read about the company, if you like wrestling history like I do. I know you said you want to make this as good as it can be & wanted feedback, so I hope that helps.

I also can't find any record of All-Star Wrestling by Killer Kowalski ever existing. Maybe my Google-fu is weaker than it used to be, but I've also never heard of it before.

Sincere apologies, had no idea. And will add credits to FP and tomorrow will update mod with credits tomorrow. And will look into your feedback too.

Thank you.

How do I turn off random academy graduates from entering the game? I have a lot of generated workers debuting.

Oh dear! Will sort this tomorrow! And super cool you have gone to lengths to play!!! Have made the same sacrifices myself in the past since EWR...and now hoping Pro Wrestling Sim on Steam will be worth it too and recommend if you haven't yet!!!!