Highest Rated Match So Far

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite funny actually, had two A* matches, The First one I can understand: Joey Minnesota (me) vs. Danny B Bling, 60 min time limit draw A*.. but the other.. Guide & Scout vs. Vin Tanner & Henry Lee, 48min Hardcore tag match, which got A* somehow.

Yeah, it's the odd A* matches that stand out. I wanted to try a game with a nobody, so I tried Murderous Mikey. My first match with him was against Rockin' Ryan in MAW, and that got an A*. Meanwhile, a DAVE hardcore match with Chris Caulfield(me) vs Acid gets a "You s*ck" chant from the crowd. Whodathunkit?

Just had a match with Kunomasu (me) & Hoshino vs Team Dynasty 2000 that, naturally, got an A*. It was a one-hour time limit match that was simply AWESOME! Back and forth action the entire way through. Mushashibo started off nearly unstoppable, but eventually tagged to Shuji and that's when I took control. The fight was pretty back and forth for a good long time, and ended up with Kunomasu and Mushashibo both nailing finishers, only to have the pinfall broken up by our respective partners. Finally, at the 55:40 mark, Mushashibo nailed me with the Yoshimi Explosion '02 and got the pin. I was cussing left and right after that, but it was an absolute blast to play!

I finally got round to trying the League mode, playing as Marat Khoklov - HOLY ****, this guy rocks. A* first match, 57 minute loss to Red Dragon (should've won easily, could've put him away after hitting Mounted Finishing Punches and his Russian Legend Powerbomb but got carried away trying to do the powerbomb through a table to up the brutality a bit - as it was, Dragon was bleeding heavily from 35 mins onwards or so.) Wasn't too sure whether I'd buy after a few forays in Superstar Mode, but I think this has got me hooked!

I was trying Division 4 League Mode with one of the weakest in overness, and I tried Rockin' Ryan Turner and I just had a A* match with Young Leo(Who was undefeated and #3 in league rankings, I'm #4) and Young Leo kicked out of a Super Tiger Bomb and a Camel Clutch Cradle. But in the end it was a FrankenRana to take away Young Leo and start the "That Was Awesome" chants. Pretty good A* match, because it was only 14: 10.

A* Match. Playing the Canadian League with Johnny Bloodstone against BLZ Bubb. Epic, epic encounter. I think it went 42 odd minutes with BLZ spending the first 15 no selling the bulk of my matches. He would just brace himself and then go on the attack. So I quickly went from low level punches and jabs to moves that took him off his feet. So he started going Devilish Sit-Ups (like Zombie Sit-Ups only with more brimstone.) I can't tell how many Arm Wringer takedowns I used only to watch with growing fear as he Devilishly Sat-Up! My only saving grace was my speed and ability to avoid much of his hard hitting offence. Of course, due to the weight difference I lost most of my finishers and a bunch of my suplexes. I slipped out a fair few Hades Bombs. Looking on in horror when he countered some super nasty move with a Big BLZ Bubb Boot to my face. And nearly cried when things spilled outside. Finally I think I took him down with... yup... an Arm Wringer and then finally (after what seemed a dozen attempts) locked on the Bloodstone Mutiliation and got the Demonic Monster to tap. "That was Awesome." Yes, it truly was. And my just be the reason I buy the game.

My first match playing the DOTT Mod and i am Ric Flair and it was a 2 out of 3 falls match and Greg Valentine got the 1st fall but the time expired at 60.00 so it was declared a draw. I am very proud of my performance i was breaking his piledriver alot near the end. [IMG]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1424/ws29cq.jpg[/IMG]

I got an A* match in one of my matches, it involved so many counters, it was a lower-card match too against some Japanese guy who was countering half my moves but I kept countering his counter-attacks. Eventually I took him outside, beat him down, brought him back inside to do my finisher, he countered it then did his finisher. :( Chuffed about the match rating though.

I really don't understand the hype on these Match ratings.. 'cause they don't mean nothing, expect that they tell you how many big moves/counters we're used, or these "wow"-moves. Or how long the match was. :P Pretty useless.

Cheerleader Melissa vs Geena the Warrior Princess for the UCR Female title, A* ( I won). By the end of the match, Geena was suffering from "Extreme" blood loss after absorbing at least 20 DDTs of various flavors (normal, implant, roll inverted, leaping, diving, tornado, etc). I went into the match looking to make her bleed so I loaded up on the DDTs.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/MelissaWandaA.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] I learned from this match that there's at least one level past 'Extreme' blood loss, that being 'Dangerous!'. This match scared the living crap outta me. She kept countering everything I threw at her. Finally at the end she slipped up and tried to pull off a vertical suplex, which I broke and hit her with the Single Minor for the 1-2-3. Ordinarily, I try to make all my matches squashes (as best I can. Can't squash Sensational Ogiwara) but Wanda vexed me this time.

[QUOTE=TEWFan]I figure this match thing is kinda random...otherwise, how did I got a A* match out of Road Warrior Hawk vs George "The Animal" Steele?[/QUOTE] Um, no. There is nothing random about it. While it does depend upon which match style you play (Sports Entertainment, Pure, etc.), both of those guys have 'exciting' moves in their sets - especially Hawk.

Just so everybody doesn't think I'm a drama queen because of my Is it Broken thread, here are my two A+ matches that I have gotten so far. The first was in Rookie to Legends and my character Simon Davidson defeated Lance Martin with the Wellington Boot after a long hard fought match. Simon was, and still is, undefeated and I felt certain at the time that his streak was over and he would need directions to the loser's pay window. Especially since Lance had already kicked out of one Wellington Boot already, fortunately Simon hit a second one to pick up the well earned victory. The second was in World Cup mode in a loosing effort by Danny Patterson against Stevie Stoat. [I]Nasty Stoatses. Nasty tricksy things they is. We don't likes them do we Precious?[/I] Couldn't seem to get any momentum going at all in that one, no matter what I did. Should've just slammed him through a table like I did to Captain Hero. Still, the A+ was some compensation.

I've had a lot of A* matches... as long as the match goes beyond 30 minutes. The worst one I had was against Java with my created Jason Kain. I hit him with so many head moves that the match was called because Java couldn't continue. Weirdly enough... he wasn't injured afterwards... I'm beginning to wonder if there are injuries in the game at all.

[QUOTE=MrKain]I hit him with so many head moves that the match was called because Java couldn't continue. Weirdly enough... he wasn't injured afterwards... I'm beginning to wonder if there are injuries in the game at all.[/QUOTE] I don't think there are, on either side. I know Adam has said that the player can't get injured but from my playing, I don't think the computer players can get injured either. At one point, I had 3 straight matches against Geena the Warrior Princess where I took her blood level to (and probably past, if it were possible) "Dangerous" level and she was right back in the ring the next week.

I would imagine injuries were taken out because it would be pretty boring to sim through seven months of game time because your guy broke his arm or something. And I keep getting surprising B-or-better ratings in matches that seem to suck. Must be that I always end up in the Sports Entertainment mold of getting pummeled (all the way to Danger in like, five moves), then making a big comeback, only to have it squashed, only to hit my finisher as a counter and get the victory.

I understand why there's no injuries... but there wasn't a blood-loss ending for the match. They just yanked him out of the match because I kept killing him with neck moves after it showed that he was in "obvious pain." Unless the game had a malfunction or something...

Archived