Mod makers

Ive not been on for a while. I think the lack of updated mods and the fact some old mod makers have either stopped or not allowed people to use their old mods is a factor.

- Who is actively mod making?

- Who is looking for a mod to work on?

The mod list just tends to say w.i.p. We need to get the mods section thriving.

I mainly played 1991 (because that mod was so well done) 1997 & 2001, but none have been continued for TEW2020

I'd say there is quite a few mod makers and mods that are constantly active it just depends on what you're after, there are about 3/4 current day mods going around which are constantly being updated.

Questloves Real World Chronicles

My (albeit in beta) Current Day Mod

The LandXX mod which AdarLowenheim is doing a good job with updating

The Who87's Real World Data.

Then there is Fleisch's many mods he has going.

There's a 2000's mod, a 1985 mod, a 97 mod.

I'm not familiar with an CV mods but i'm sure there is some floating around.

Although some say Beta or Hype alot are still very playable and enjoyable.

Still a few of us about. I have a couple of mods out. I'm currently working on a 1998 mod but it has proven to be a little trickier than the 1992 mod I released.

I now only work on things I want to play myself - which is why I quit doing the RWC mod and handed it off to Questlove. All the while I'm having fun creating, I'll continue to do so. Once I get people throwing tantrums because I gave someone 65 in psych instead of 66 is when I'll likely stop. :)

Ive not been on for a while. I think the lack of updated mods and the fact some old mod makers have either stopped or not allowed people to use their old mods is a factor.

- Who is actively mod making?

- Who is looking for a mod to work on?

The mod list just tends to say w.i.p. We need to get the mods section thriving.

I mainly played 1991 (because that mod was so well done) 1997 & 2001, but none have been continued for TEW2020

A few don't want to mod for TEW 2020 and are waiting for PWP to come out and there's not a whole lot of newer modders stepping in to fill the gaps.

There's a fair few mods I would love to do myself but it's hard to find the time while also doing RWC. I'm slowly working on a 2005 mod but I'm not totally sure I'll ever release it for TEW as I've gotten permission to use Genadi's work as a base with the main focus being getting it ready for PWP.

A few don't want to mod for TEW 2020 and are waiting for PWP to come out and there's not a whole lot of newer modders stepping in to fill the gaps.

There's a fair few mods I would love to do myself but it's hard to find the time while also doing RWC. I'm slowly working on a 2005 mod but I'm not totally sure I'll ever release it for TEW as I've gotten permission to use Genadi's work as a base with the main focus being getting it ready for PWP.

What is PWP? quick google search showed nothing

I’d say there are a lot of new people making mods for 2020 and man does it take a lot of work. I expected to finish my 2000 mod for 2020 by this month and a combination of moving, a new job and school + some things I just wasn’t too happy about in my mind forced me to overhaul and keep working on it. I’d say this is the same boat as a lot of people. Mods take a long, long time to fully create and even more to “perfect” and I know that I want the 2000 mod I’m working on to be as close to perfect as possible.

What is PWP? quick google search showed nothing

Pro Wrestling Promoter, it's a new booking sim in development with many modders already on board to convert their mods and hopefully have them out when the game releases. From my end I can say RWC will be ready for release whenever it is. I'd love to have the 2005 mod ready when the game comes out as well but that might be unrealistic

Still a few of us about. I have a couple of mods out. I'm currently working on a 1998 mod but it has proven to be a little trickier than the 1992 mod I released.

I now only work on things I want to play myself - which is why I quit doing the RWC mod and handed it off to Questlove. All the while I'm having fun creating, I'll continue to do so. Once I get people throwing tantrums because I gave someone 65 in psych instead of 66 is when I'll likely stop. :)

How much did you do on your 1992 mod? In terms of attributes and time decline etc? I know your mods are good but you usually do modern mods so never really played them.

Pro Wrestling Promoter, it's a new booking sim in development with many modders already on board to convert their mods and hopefully have them out when the game releases. From my end I can say RWC will be ready for release whenever it is. I'd love to have the 2005 mod ready when the game comes out as well but that might be unrealistic

Wait a minute, so you are just going to be able to take the mod for TEW and convert to PWP? but yet people cant take the mod at will from TEW2016 to TEW2020?

if this is the case then Adam need to rethink the rules on mods

Wait a minute, so you are just going to be able to take the mod for TEW and convert to PWP? but yet people cant take the mod at will from TEW2016 to TEW2020?

if this is the case then Adam need to rethink the rules on mods

So in this case, Questlove makes the RWC mod and therefore the mod ownership falls to them. If Questlove chooses to use the RWC in another booking simulator then that's up to them and it still follows the board rules on mods/ownership of mods.

Now if someone else were to take RWC (to use it as an example) and port it to another game without Questlove's permission it's poor ethics (GDS mods couldn't really do anything about it unless the ported mod was posted here mind).

So in this case, Questlove makes the RWC mod and therefore the mod ownership falls to them. If Questlove chooses to use the RWC in another booking simulator then that's up to them and it still follows the board rules on mods/ownership of mods.

Now if someone else were to take RWC (to use it as an example) and port it to another game without Questlove's permission it's poor ethics (GDS mods couldn't really do anything about it unless the ported mod was posted here mind).

Yes I understand, but the rules on this site of mod ownership really needs to be relaxed because you have people utilising this game, creating mods and taking them elsewhere.

All because a few mod makers got upset and were catered to, they now have taken their ball with them.

Yes I understand, but the rules on this site of mod ownership really needs to be relaxed because you have people utilising this game, creating mods and taking them elsewhere.

All because a few mod makers got upset and were catered to, they now have taken their ball with them.

Respectfully, it's nothing to do with Adam what people do with their mods or where they take them. He's not the one putting in the time on them. Just like it's nothing to do with anybody what Adam does with TEW.

It's way too early to be having a hissy fit over what permission people give for their mods when the other game isn't even out yet. From my perspective I don't think I'd care if people used my stuff as long as credit was given, RWC has always been freeware and will stay that way, but free use of other mods is up to nobody but the people who made them. It's nothing to do with "taking their ball with them" or "being catered to" lmao

Isn't it a bit premature to start modding for a game that isn't released? What if it never comes out? Or worse, what if it's crap? That's a lot of wasted modding time in my eyes.

I'm making my own mods now (one that begins in January 1992 and other one that starts in February 1994).

After the failure that i had with "Death of a Tradition" mod, i've decided to try my hand by making them myself. (DoaT was based of Hive's CoTT, and i got permission from him by the time, but i stopped due to the lack of feedback and also, i suffered a burnout due to being too much time inside the house because of the pandemic and other psychological and emotional factors that really crippled my mood).

It's a matter of patience to work on one, i hope i can do it good, but i have to distribute my time as well.

Respectfully, it's nothing to do with Adam what people do with their mods or where they take them. He's not the one putting in the time on them. Just like it's nothing to do with anybody what Adam does with TEW.

It's way too early to be having a hissy fit over what permission people give for their mods when the other game isn't even out yet. From my perspective I don't think I'd care if people used my stuff as long as credit was given, RWC has always been freeware and will stay that way, but free use of other mods is up to nobody but the people who made them. It's nothing to do with "taking their ball with them" or "being catered to" lmao

It is because

A: it’s Adam’s game and database the mods are made on.

B: The rules of this forum specifically don’t allow it.

When you are using pictures and imitating real people you have no rights what so ever. I mean you could always try and take someone to court but see how that pans out.

It isn’t actually aimed at you as you are still making mods for tew. You may have missed the boat with the whole modding scene on TEW but people were definitely catered to and still took their ball home. I can guarenteed a large portion of the modding community of the new game will be previous modders on here who have picked their toys up and found a new Pram to play with them in.

It is because

When you are using pictures and imitating real people you have no rights what do ever. I mean you could always try and take someone to court but see how that pans out.

It isn’t actually aimed at you as you are still making mods for tew. You may have missed the boat with the whole modding scene on TEW but people were definitely catered to and still took their ball home. I can guarenteed a large portion of the missing community of the new game will be previous modders on here who have picked their toys up and found a new Pram to play with them in.

Again though let me re-iterate it’s nothing aimed at you. The fact that you even mention freeware puts you in a whole different category to the type of people I’m talking about

It is because

When you are using pictures and imitating real people you have no rights what so ever. I mean you could always try and take someone to court but see how that pans out.

It isn’t actually aimed at you as you are still making mods for tew. You may have missed the boat with the whole modding scene on TEW but people were definitely catered to and still took their ball home. I can guarenteed a large portion of the modding community of the new game will be previous modders on here who have picked their toys up and found a new Pram to play with them in.

Not going to turn this thread into an argument, but you're alone on an island with this. People have every right to mod for whatever game they want and if they were so catered to, why would they "take their ball and go home"? Makes no sense. I get being disappointed that mods you want to play might not be available to you but if the people who spend literally thousands of hours working on them don't want to make them freeware, that's completely their right and you're just going to have to accept it I'm afraid. Saying it's not aimed at me because I'm making mods for TEW is a bit of an insult, I mod for TEW because I want to and if the day comes when I don't want to anymore, I don't really care whether other people like it or not because it's not them putting in the work.

If anyone wants to pay me or any other modders to stay exclusive to TEW they're welcome to make an offer though!

I'm making my own mods now (one that begins in January 1992 and other one that starts in February 1994).

After the failure that i had with "Death of a Tradition" mod, i've decided to try my hand by making them myself. (DoaT was based of Hive's CoTT, and i got permission from him by the time, but i stopped due to the lack of feedback and also, i suffered a burnout due to being too much time inside the house because of the pandemic and other psychological and emotional factors that really crippled my mood).

It's a matter of patience to work on one, i hope i can do it good, but i have to distribute my time as well.

I suggest setting project sub-goals and take breaks when you need them. Go for the project you enjoy and want to play. Feedback is secondary, the imporant thing is that you are motivated, dedicated and want to use the mod yourself. For the 1994 data I suggest fixing the base data as a 1st sub-goal, before you even think of expanding and adding more content.

That how I worked using the same base (1994). After many hours expanding the mod I'm now very close to finish the project, which feels great so that I can move on and focus on the 2002 mod instead.

Not going to turn this thread into an argument, but you're alone on an island with this. People have every right to mod for whatever game they want and if they were so catered to, why would they "take their ball and go home"? Makes no sense. I get being disappointed that mods you want to play might not be available to you but if the people who spend literally thousands of hours working on them don't want to make them freeware, that's completely their right and you're just going to have to accept it I'm afraid. Saying it's not aimed at me because I'm making mods for TEW is a bit of an insult, I mod for TEW because I want to and if the day comes when I don't want to anymore, I don't really care whether other people like it or not because it's not them putting in the work.

If anyone wants to pay me or any other modders to stay exclusive to TEW they're welcome to make an offer though!

I don’t know how long you have been on here etc but you would know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not about people not modding anymore. People modded and used parts of other peoples work, or had help off other people, even took over freeware and don’t allow other people to use it. There was a massive issue on here and that’s why the rules in place. They then went and obviously are going to take their mods (that other people will have had input into) to another game.

You can feel insulted if you like, but again nothing I said was aimed at you so not sure why you’re trying to feel insulted. I’m not questioning why anybody likes to mod, majority is for themselves or because they like it, and nobody should stay exclusive to any game or anything like that.

Actually paid you a compliment

You clearly missed the mass exodus shortly after the really messy release of TEW 2020 & are now acting entitled to other people's work.

The solution to this is incredibly simple. Just make your own mod. It only takes a few thousand hours to make a really good one & you can make it anything you want it to be, even the exact same era that you loved in another mod. You could also reach out to a previous modder & offer to take over ownership/production of the mod, using it as a base if you want a good one for only ~400hr investment.

If you really want to play a previous TEW 2016 mod that has not yet been released for 2020, convert it in 2020 yourself with the new conversion feature, then invest the 10-20 hours it takes to correct all the conversion mistakes it generates. That's how I'm playing Genadi's amazing mods in 2020. If you're only using it for personal use & not sharing it around, no one cares & it violates no rules. It's only when you go taking credit for someone else's hours of work as your own, that there's a problem.

I don't know if you realize it, but the freeware handoff situation usually completely removes the original/previous "owners" of the mod from any further connection beyond a credit. It's been common for the past 4 years at least.

Requesting rules be changed in this manner is more than ridiculous & shows a lack of understanding of the situation TEW is currently in. Quality modders barely want anything to do with TEW nowadays & you want to make it even less appealing. TEW only exists today because of the modding community that supports it. You keep driving away the hard working, quality modders & you're left with "C-Verse:The Game" + Gaz.

You clearly missed the mass exodus shortly after the really messy release of TEW 2020 & are now acting entitled to other people's work.

The solution to this is incredibly simple. Just make your own mod. It only takes a few thousand hours to make a really good one & you can make it anything you want it to be, even the exact same era that you loved in another mod. You could also reach out to a previous modder & offer to take over ownership/production of the mod, using it as a base if you want a good one for only ~400hr investment.

If you really want to play a previous TEW 2016 mod that has not yet been released for 2020, convert it in 2020 yourself with the new conversion feature, then invest the 10-20 hours it takes to correct all the conversion mistakes it generates. That's how I'm playing Genadi's amazing mods in 2020. If you're only using it for personal use & not sharing it around, no one cares & it violates no rules. It's only when you go taking credit for someone else's hours of work as your own, that there's a problem.

I don't know if you realize it, but the freeware handoff situation usually completely removes the original/previous "owners" of the mod from any further connection beyond a credit. It's been common for the past 4 years at least.

Requesting rules be changed in this manner is more than ridiculous & shows a lack of understanding of the situation TEW is currently in. Quality modders barely want anything to do with TEW nowadays & you want to make it even less appealing. TEW only exists today because of the modding community that supports it. You keep driving away the hard working, quality modders & you're left with "C-Verse:The Game" + Gaz.

Or maybe I was around way before the point you’re talking about and saw the rules get changed to the current rules to keep those people happy who ended up saying nobody can use my stuff even with credit and I’m going. The mass exodus was after the rules got put in place to suit these people.

Half the mods at some point have used other peoples stuff or started with a different owner other than the current owner.

The state of TEW and modding was in a much better place when mods were shared and used by other people.

I have downloaded the 92 mod and it looks great, even better to it used 91 as a base as I felt that was the best done mod I’ve played. I’ll give it a try, thank you