ZEN: Got Malk? Er, Melk? Errr...Molk? Milmk...?

https://i.imgur.com/10Tg8NR.jpg

ZEN Presents:

WAY OF THE LIAR

Live From Auckland

MAIN EVENT MATCH FOR THE ZEN MASTER TITLE

Pumpkin Jack © def. A Mystery Opponent

Devilfish & Milk Weirdo def. The Enemy (Cyanide & Massacre)

HalloWarped def. Kalliope Woodchuck

Killer B def. Trevor Feather

ZEN HARMONY TITLE QUALIFIER

Flying Foxes (Vertigo & Urban Fox) def. D&G Funk Factory (D-Pod & Dizzy G) & The Alien Vanguard

PLUS:

CASUAL VIOLENCE CONCEPTUAL TITLE VICTORY CEREMONY

PUMPKIN JACK DECIDES THE FATE OF THE ZERO LEAGUE

UPDATES ON DAMIAN 'DASHING' & LORD ZERO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAIN EVENT MATCH FOR THE ZEN MASTER TITLE

Pumpkin Jack © vs A Mystery Opponent

The Enemy (Cyanide & Massacre) vs Devilfish & Milk Weirdo

Kalliope Woodchuck vs HalloWarped

Killer B vs Trevor Feather

Flying Foxes (Vertigo & Urban Fox) vs D&G Funk Factory (D-Pod & Dizzy G) vs The Alien Vanguard

WRESTLEHEADLINES

Is it just us or has it felt like months?

CRIME BUSTER ON EXCURSION TO JAPAN

"Definitely not following a lead," Says the Super Sleuth

ZEN COUNCIL APPROVES DAMIEN DASHING'S ADDITION TO THE ROSTER

Killer B unreachable for comment.

LORD ZERO LOSES MORTGAGE ON OMINOUS CASTLE

"Where was that thing even located?" - Curious Onlooker

OFFICIALS UPHOLD CONTROVERSIAL 'DOUBLE' CONCEPTUAL TITLE WIN

"Ain't no rule says a dog can't play basketba-wait wrong sport." -Herbie H. Reedman

u4w3qLv.jpg

ZERO LEAGUE

Live From Auckland

Attendance: 574

The first ZERO League show post-dethroning of ZERO as the ZEN Master began with the new Master, Pumpkin Jack addressing the various rookies on the roster. He declared the ZERO League to have been an abomination, a way for LORD ZERO to take out frustration and his sadistic streak in the guise of giving the youngsters a chance. Jack declared this to be a thing of the past and henceforth the ZERO LEAGUE would be no more…instead a new Dojo League will take its place, a true place of learning for the future stars of ZEN under the watchful eye of a handpicked set of instructors. With that said Jack took a seat with Dustin Thane and Sparky Sparks at ringside to oversee the first card himself.

Hack the Hunter vs Next Level

Hack the Hunter was -in the eyes of many- screwed out of a clear victory over his rival Maelstrom at Way of the Warrior and with the way the big man came into this matchup with the two self-obsessed imports from Japan it was clear he agreed. Dominating Hosotani and Koroki with sheer brute strength, Hack was in no mood to toy with his prey and an impressive double pounce took down the dandy duo.

WINNER VIA PINFALL: HACK THE HUNTER

Post match, Hack got on the mic…

xmIxsPc.jpg

“Jack, boss, ya said this new Dojo League is gonna be a place for folks to get a fair shake, where guys like me’ll get our chance to really show what we can do? Well if that’s the case I want the same thing I think all these fans here want and that’s another match with Maelstrom! I can beat that lumbering monster and that little pipsqueak handler of his, and I’m willing to even go through that Hyde bloke to do it! So what do ya say?”

Jack took a moment to think it over then nodded.

Jack:

“Very well Hack, I’m willing to give you a chance and you’ve already proposed a good test of your abilities. Next month you will go head to head with Mister Hyde in the main event of the first official Dojo League show and if you win I’ll give you another chance to defeat Maelstrom.”

Hack:

“Aces!”

Satisfied by this, Hack took a moment to celebrate with the fans before heading to the back and we moved on to match #2.

Naoji Azumi vs Dazzler

The less obnoxious of the three WLW Young Lions to come to ZEN got his career here off to a good start last month but sadly couldn’t keep his momentum rolling in a confrontation with the third wheel in Pink Spider’s merry band of beautiful people. Dazzler’s dozen or so years of experience dwarfed Azumi’s own and while a flurry of offense saw the youngster take control a fair few times, Dazzler put things away with a move that was identified as the Dazzling Neck Swing by Dustin Thane for a win.

WINNER VIA PINFALL: DAZZLER

Donjons & Dragons vs Maelstrom & Mister Hyde

A clash of young teams (though not without veteran presences on either squad) and a chaotic one at that, while Sir Silas Strange certainly couldn’t have known about Mister Hyde’s enmity towards his temporally displaced descendant, the larger man’s fists certainly got the point across. Canuckian Dragon meanwhile was left to contend with the malicious monster Maelstrom and it was all the high flyer could do to stay a step ahead of the biologically engineered brute, barely avoiding resorting to the dirty tricks he’d been known for. In the end, however, the sheer madness in the ring came to a head when Canuckian Dragon accidentally knocked out Dr. Trollson on the outside on a dive and Maelstrom once again entered an uncontrollable rage. The ensuing brawl saw all four competitors be unable to beat the ref’s ten count and a double count out was declared.

DRAW VIA DOUBLE COUNT OUT

Main Event Matchup

Kaia Marshall vs Tremolo Rif

A rematch from several months ago saw the junior member of the Alien Armada, Tremolo Rif, once again tangle with Kiwi Cool Kaia Marshall in a hardfought contest. However, Rif’s tendency towards cheating as well as the fact she had a literal taser fist made it quite apparent who was going to win this one from the outset and Rif seemed to take great pleasure in rubbing the fact that nothing she was doing was technically fully illegal in the ZEN Master’s face. Kaia would fight back with everything she had, managing a nearfall after a spinning heel kick but the sudden application of a Mandible Claw with the taser fist resulted in a knockout victory for the android. The final ZERO LEAGUE show ended in a fashion that its former ruler would have been proud of as Rif slithererd away to report success to her master Karrg.

WINNER VIA KNOCKOUT: TREMOLO RIF

10Tg8NR.jpg

ZEN Presents:

WAY OF THE LIAR

Live From Auckland

Attendance: 574

Way of the Liar opened up with the strains of a heavy metal cover of Toccata & Fugue in D Minor heralding the arrival of the new ZEN Master:

5XiVaWF.jpg

PUMPKIN JACK

Wearing the ZEN Master Title Belt around his waist, the beloved vigilante made his way to the ring to a hero’s welcome, the fan’s love having not diminished since they last saw him earlier announcing the formation of the Dojo League. His appreciation for the support apparent in his body language, the champion took a mic from ringside and addressed the almost six hundred fans packing the arena tonight.

Jack:

“For over half a year this title was the possession of a tyrant, an honorless dog who sought every advantage he could to hoard his gold like a dragon. Well last month as Way of the Warrior I slew that dragon and I stand before you now once again YOUR ZEN Master!”

The fans roared their approval of this change in fortunes.

Jack:

“And just as I was before I will strive to be worthy of this belt, I will stand against every challenge that comes against me like a bulwark. I will fight tooth and nail to bring honor back to the title of Master, and I will-!”

Voice:

“Maybe shut up at some point?”

To the shock of the crowd a familiar face appeared out from the back…

JYTyHP3.jpg

ZEN ORIGINAL: NECROMANCER

The fans went crazy as Necromancer, one of the founders of ZEN made his way to the ring, a smirk on his face. Brandishing a mic and oozing confidence, the veteran revenant slid into the ring and faced off with the Master.

Necromancer:

“I swear you never talked this much when I was here more often.”

Jack:

“Times change, I’m no longer the rookie I once was.”

Necromancer:

“Oh of that I have no doubt, Jack-a-boy, but something I’ve noticed in your two-well three now-tenures at the top is…you’ve never faced me. Now am I calling you a coward? Of course not, we were as two ships passing and you hadn’t yet ripened enough to take me on when I was the Master, my good gourd. But like you’ve said, times have changed, you’re the ZEN Master now, and I’m just one of the most in demand properties in Japan today!”

Necromancer took a moment to let the fans get in a ‘You deserve it!’ chant before getting to the point.

Necromancer:

“So I went and spoke with the ZEN Council and wouldn’t ya know it, they were intrigued at the prospect of their prodigal poltergeist pummeling a pugnacious pumpkin and thus…we’ve our main event. TONIGHT, PUMPKIN JACK! I, NECROMANCER, CHALLENGE YOU FOR YOUR ZEN MASTER TITLE! In front of all these people we’ll see if you’re truly destined to bring back the honor that comes with being a ZEN master or if you’re simply a bump in the road on my rise to becoming the King of two wrestling worlds!”

Necromancer goes to pose before getting pulled into a staredown with the champion.

Jack:

“I back down from no man, woman, or spirit. You have your match.”

Jack turns and heads for the curtain as Necromancer shrugs and plays to the crowd a bit more, getting a few boos for being on the opposite side of Jack before heading to the back. Dustin Thane and Sparky Sparks speculate on what another reign under Necromancer would look like, with Dustin going so far as to wonder if a F.E.A.R reunion is back in the works before it’s time for our opening bout.

DeM3lpG.jpgAL3QQOc.jpgvsw36ya6d.jpgR68XKel.jpgvsNwPPUhd.jpgyUvNFkU.jpg

Flying Foxes (Vertigo & Urban Fox) vs D&G Funk Factory vs The Alien Vanguard

Three teams, one newly formed, one coming off a technical win, and one being part of a victorious quartet at Way of the Warrior all threw down for a chance to take on the champions Warp-Jump for the coveted Harmony titles. As the longest tenured duo, Laguna and Beetle ran roughshod over the early goings of the bout with pure brute strength, keen to stake their claim to the Harmony belts after removing the obstacle of Halloween Knight’s alliance. However, the veteran presence of Vertigo tipped the scales in favor of the four tecnicos by coordinating them into a high-flying blitz that saw Beetle ejected from the ring and dove on by Vertigo and Fox.

Back in the ring, Laguna faced off with the Funk Factory, but with only the one eye the space beast couldn’t keep track of both his foes allowing Dizzy to retrieve the ace up his team’s sleeve:

flat-vintage-tape-recorder-music-boombox-vector-audio-cassettes-illustration-76359974.jpg

“Yooooo~”

As Laguna tried to get his hands on D-Pod, Dizzy held up the boombox housing the digitized mind of Blue Flea and:

Intergalactic Planetary

Planetary Intergalactic!

As the beat to the Beastie Boys’ Intergalactic hits it’s as though the alien goes under a trance, his wide haymaker swings slowly turning into gyrations until he suddenly busts out a running man, joined by D&G in an impromptu dance session, culminating in the two smaller wrestlers helping the big man do a headspin in the of the ring by holding onto his legs and running in circles! With the fans cheering the trio struck a pose in the center of the ring, not noticing that Beetle finally overpowered the Flying Foxes and slid back in himself to shove his tag partner and get his head back in the game. Unnnnnfortunately this took both their eyes off the ball, allowing the Funk Factory to bounce off the ropes and leap on both big men’s shoulders for a double victory roll, grasping each others’ hands to cinch in the pin for the first elimination!

THE ALIEN VANGUARD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED

As both alien monsters rolled out of the ring and proceeded to argue over who was at fault, the Funk Factory celebrated in their usual manner: Dancing. Specifically the Kid ‘n Play foot tap move only…when hopping away from each other they didn’t realize it was directly in the waiting arms of Urban Fox and Vertigo! As the veteran tossed D-Pod from the ring, Dizzy G quickly found himself shot into the ropes and hit with a flapjack from Fox that left him open to a Radar Legdrop off the top rope by Vertigo! The pin was academic.

WINNERS VIA PINFALL: THE FLYING FOXES

After the Foxes made their way to the back, the fans were suddenly treated to the presence of a thoroughly unwelcome sight:

wCBOggB.jpg

“You…YOOOOOUUUUU!”

The Voice of ZERO stormed from the back, pointing angrily at the fans who booed him in turn.

The Voice:

“You have all made a graaaave mistake, a GRAAAAVE MISTAKE! ZEN Faithful your support of the usurper Pumpkin Jack will prove your undoing, YOUR! UN! DOING! Before you had the guiding hand of a true Master directing this collection of the wayward towards the path of true power, TRUE POWER! Now you would rather languish with a vacuous vigilante more interested in honor, HONOR!? What does he know of honor, thieving away the ZERO LEAGUE from its creator, its true ruler, true ruler! A DOJO LEAGUE, DO NOT MAKE US LAUGH, LORD ZERO SHALL SHOW YOU THE TRUE WAY TO TEACH THESE USELESS NEOPHYTES, NEOPHYTES!”

As if on cue…

V8RPI00.jpg

LORD ZERO came from the back dragging behind him…

YN0gate.jpg

Naoji Azumi?!

The rookie, already tired from his loss to Dazzler in the Dojo League, is forced to the ring by the former ZEN Master and thrown in. Herbie H. Reedman tried to protest but is intimidated into ringing the bell.

V8RPI00.jpgvsYN0gate.jpg

LORD ZERO vs Naoji Azumi

The match begins.

Hook Kick! ZERO HOUR!

The match ends.

WINNER VIA KNOCKOUT: LORD ZERO

Naoji was practically catatonic on the mat, LORD ZERO and his Voice standing over him.

The Voice:

“Pathetic. PAAAAAATHETIC! DO YOU THINK YOUR PLAYFIGHT IN THAT ILLEGITIMATE DOJO SAVES YOU FROM YOUR FATE, YOUR FATE!? BANISH HIM, LORD ZERO, LOOOOORRRRRDDDDD ZEEEEEROOOOO!”

ZERO nodded and lifted his leg preparing an axe kick when-

6fTYkcm.jpg

“NO!”

Molly Cuddle dived into the ring, shielding Azumi’s body with her own. ZERO held his pose, hesitant to strike her…

The Voice:

“What are you doing!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOU ARE LORD ZERO, STRIKE HER DOWN IN THE NAME OF YOUR MIGHT, YOUR MIGHT!”

The Voice’s command seemed to drive ZERO past his hesitance but another interloper made his presence known-

TQVMaza.jpg

KILLER B!

The Yellow and Black attack dashed to sweep ZERO’s leg out from under him, a move that ZERO rolled to recover from, barely guarding against a leaping roundhouse from B. With the prospect of evened odds, the Voice shouted a command for LORD ZERO to retreat which was heeded with hesitance. As some ZEN Medics gathered up Naoji, Molly took a moment to share a look with B before following the procession to the back. Sparky wondered aloud exactly who was the Lord between ZERO and the Voice now but Thane shouted over him about the dominance ZERO showed over Azumi and declared Cuddle a full on traitor for getting in his way.

TQVMaza.jpgvshQWZBEA.jpg

Killer B vs Trevor Feather

A high-flying clash that saw the man that ended Damian Dastardly’s reign of terror and the second banana to Pink Spider do battle to keep their respective momentums going following Way of the Warrior. While Trevor was a chip off the block of Spider’s sheer malicious deviousness, Killer B’s recently boosted confidence saw him have an answer to the mischief Feather unleashed on the match. Ducking an early attempt at a Feather Ruffler, B’s own B Sting was narrowly avoided and sent Feather to the outside in fear of a humiliating early defeat. This came back to bite Feather who found himself on the receiving end of a tope con hilo, B slamming into him like a black and yellow torpedo before rising to the roaring approval of the fans. With Feather on the backstep, B tossed him back into the ring and stalked him with a deadly intent…only to feint a B Sting and leave Trevor falling to the mat in a vain attempt to avoid it. Realizing what he just did, Feather scrambled up to try and regain his composure only to receive the actual B Sting which put him out for the pin and the win.

WINNER VIA PINFALL: KILLER B

We changed perspective to a…a door. Just a plain door. A knock came to it and it was opened.

9gFTGHw.jpg

“Hi there, I’m new to the roster, the name’s Damian-”

SLAM!

“...Dashing.”

We switched to another door, another knock, again the face of the same man who made life hell for everyone here, twisted into that alien earnest smile…

“Hi, I’m new here, my name is-”

SLAM!

“Damian Dashing...hm…”

Door, knock, “Damian”, SLAM, “Dashing.”

We followed the camera to the outside this time where Damian sighed and leaned on a wall.

Damian:

“This place is so rude…it makes me wanna…”

Damian smiled again.

Damian:

“Try even harder to make friends!”

Damian, lost and alone but in good spirits, walked off down the hall and past someone watching on with interest…

6ddeeAB.jpg

“Hm…I sense…potential here.”

COMMENCE INTERMISSION!