Old School Fan renders

Just thought I'd start up a thread here to feature championship belt renders I've worked on in Photoshop.

My first entry here is for a Belt I'm going to use in an upcoming entry in my Rise of a Star diary. Since my diary is taking place in the mid-1960s at this point, it only seems fitting to have a belt designed in a 1960s style.

Maritimes Heavyweight Championship

Maritimes-Heavyweight.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love this whole thread. Old school belts are my favorite and I have a big soft spot for trophy style belts so this is fantastic.

Have you considered doing one like The Bruiser's old WWA belt? One big globe plate, painted black I think? That's one of my favorites, along with the old Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship from Memphis (it's my home territory so it's a given lol.) Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I love this whole thread. Old school belts are my favorite and I have a big soft spot for trophy style belts so this is fantastic.

Have you considered doing one like The Bruiser's old WWA belt? One big globe plate, painted black I think? That's one of my favorites, along with the old Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship from Memphis (it's my home territory so it's a given lol.) Anyway, keep up the good work!

I did find some reference photos to use to recreate Dick the Bruiser's WWA World title belt. It's not 100% accurate (I left the name engravings off of the side plates and the center shield plate is not exactly as it appears in the ref photos), but it comes close.

WWA_Bruiser_title_belt.jpg

As for the AWA Southern Junior Heavyweight belt, I might need to see which version of that (the pre-1974 NWA one that became the Southern Heavyweight belt between 1974 and '77, or the Southern Heavyweight belt design of 1977-81 that was later used for the junior strap in '83) to use to make the design.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome quality! I love old-school wrestling belts. Your renders will be a mainstay in my saves from now on. I can't hoot enough over how much I like these. Keep them coming, old-school is cool!

Thanks, glad you like 'em and I have more coming up. :D

These are really good Old School Fan, nice work. Thanks for the Dutch Savage clip too, that brings back memories

Thanks, and you're welcome.

My next entry moves into the 1980s with this belt design based on the 1985 WWF Intercontinental title belt:

Intercontinental-style championship render

Intercontinental-style-plates-only.png

PSD file (for others to use and modify to suit their ideas): https://mega.nz/file/kC5HkS6a#mheY5WDhb1sUF4xkZ7N_TgAYMAll9XACf_Ysor6e70Y

And, some variations of the Intercontinental-style design:

Custom AWA America's Heavyweight Championship

AWA-America-s-custom.jpg

Generic North American Heavyweight Championship

Generic-North-American.jpg

Custom NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (the generic NA design above, but with the NWA logo added)

NWA-North-American-custom.jpg

Custom NWA United States Heavyweight Championship

NWA_United_States_custom.jpg

• Like 2

You know you can set it up so you can post pics on here without us having to click links right? It's fine for like one or two pics, but to check out a thread's worth of work it's a pain.

User CP- top left of the forum, on the left is a link that says Edit Options.

After that scroll down to Visible Post Elements and make sure Show Images is checked.

Then on the forum you use the IMG tags, but the forum makes it simple. There's a button above the text box with a pic of a mountain with a yellow sky. Click it, and paste the direct image URL into it.

It would make seeing your work much more accessible.

You know you can set it up so you can post pics on here without us having to click links right? It's fine for like one or two pics, but to check out a thread's worth of work it's a pain.

User CP- top left of the forum, on the left is a link that says Edit Options.

After that scroll down to Visible Post Elements and make sure Show Images is checked.

Then on the forum you use the IMG tags, but the forum makes it simple. There's a button above the text box with a pic of a mountain with a yellow sky. Click it, and paste the direct image URL into it.

It would make seeing your work much more accessible.

Well, what I've been doing with my Rise of a Star diary (and what I'm now seeing done with newer posts on the NJPW America diary thread) does set a precedent, so I'll give it a shot with future posts in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...