The Death of WCW?

That's the match. In NZ we didn't get a lot of wrestling on the box, in fact, pay TV and the likes at that stage were really primitive and in only a few select areas. Thankfully WCW finally came onto free to air in NZ, including Pay-Per-Views, it was very delayed (like 3-4 months), and I distinctly recall that match as one of the first WCW one's I had seen and thinking... WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW. That built up a massive fascination for me, so in some ways it's kind of a fitting tribute to one of those workers that he sits at the top of WCW now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=tristram;270031] Well, you can imagine my disappointment... just booked and wrote up an entire show, computer froze... lost the show. GRRR!!! Usually copy before I post... nup, for once I didn't.[/QUOTE] Agrrrrr. Hate that mate. Happens to me every once in a while. Usually aggravates me to the point that I end up posting the show later.

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;270040]Agrrrrr. Hate that mate. Happens to me every once in a while. Usually aggravates me to the point that I end up posting the show later.[/QUOTE] Hasn't happened to me while I was writing, but halfway through booking when I haven't saved... Happens all the time.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][B]Proudly Presents [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwfireot6.jpg[/IMG] WCW Friday Fire, Friday, Week 3, September 2001 Live from the All State Arena, Rosemont, Illinois Live on CBS[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]The distress of Shawn Michaels[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] A video recaps the trauma suffered by Shawn Michaels, exasperated by Chris Kanyon at Monday Nitro. [QUOTE]You.. could... be.. be... be..." Tony Schiavone: "What's the matter with Shawn Michaels?" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "He did get knocked out badly when Kanyon slammed the steel chair into his head against the unforgiving steel steps last night, Tony.." Tony Schiavone: "OH MY GOD! SOMEBODY HELP HIM!" Michaels dropped straight to the ground, his eyes were glazed. He convulsed on his own set. Even Chris Kanyon looked shocked, and he began calling for EMT's. The EMT's quickly arrived, and stablised the body of Shawn Michaels. They then placed him on a stretcher, with an oxygen mask pumped onto him. [I]Later in the Show[/I] He got to the back of the ambulance... WHACK! Chris Kanyon you coward, he's come from behind and elbow dropped Shawn Michaels off the stretcher. No, don't do it... WHACK! He's thrown Michaels head first into the side of the ambulance, before Miami's finest finally apprehend Kanyon before he can do anymore grievous bodily harm. [/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]So, it's settled then[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, WCW President, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair was on the cell phone, inside his Oval Office Presidential Suite. "Ok, good Sean.. good. So it's settled then, you and the Undertaker, against Goldberg and Booker T tonight. WOOOOOOOO!!" [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Tonight's Main Event[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] A graphic flashes up reminding fans that tonight, 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire and the Undertaker will team up to face Goldberg and Booker of the Four Horsemen. [SIZE="4"][CENTER] [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust) v The Anarchists ('The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam and 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer)[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] A surprisingly good match to start off Glycerine, with the crowd quite into it - surprising given the dearth of Anarchists wins of late. Their excellence in the squared circle though in this match of contrasts gave the match a boost, before Juvi ended it with a Juvi Driver on Tommy Dreamer. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners[/B] Via pinfall, Shattered Dreams Entertainment[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Holier than thou?[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Our next scene is a vignette from a Church, where bending down on bended knees is none other than 'Positively' Chris Kanyon, looking serenely at the alter in front of him in the house of the man above. "Lord, is it wrong to sacrifice Shawn Michaels the way I did at Nitro?" He asks in prayer. "Or does the bible not talk about loving thou neighbour? Even when thou neighbour is a loser, a waste of space, a drag on our resources? Forgive me father, as I'm sure you will. After all, the answer to my question is another question. Who better dan Kanyon?" He turns around with his brow furrowed. "NOBODY! Maybe, not even ...you!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW Television Championship Randy Orton (c) v Konnan[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] You know, I distinctly recall a time when Konnan was a vibrant member of the mid card. Meh, not anymore. He really was cannon fodder here for the RKO. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your winner[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Randy Orton[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]You just never know, you may get... Stung[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A recap from Nitro [QUOTE]Coming down from the rafters, it's STING! He dismounts at the bottom of the ramp, Kanyon runs at Sting and is put into the Scorpion Death Drop! Here comes Booker T, similar treatment! Here comes the Giant, Sting throws him into the steel barricade... STINGER SPLASH! Arn Anderson hides behind Goldberg, as they retreat behind the curtain![/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Say what you will about the carnage of Chris Kanyon, say what you will about his lack of ethics, but one can't deny this is always going to equal an exciting match. A genuinely exciting match. You have the innovator, the ruthless vindictive type who has a thousand tricks in his bag, and some whirling through his mind of epic proportions, against a man who can break you in half with a submission arsenal so rarely seen in today's professional wrestling scene. If you had to pick one non WCW Champion to fight for your life, Samoa Joe may well be it. He's a key part of the WCW artillery, gallantly fighting well behind the gain line as the mortars, the shells, the missiles tear up unabated from a distance terrorizing those loyal to the cause, like Samoa Joe. Joe actually took a fair amount of control here, but Kanyon was unwilling to submit to anything the big Samoan had to offer. And that was a lot, Kanyon knew it. He knew he'd have to get desperate. And he did, along with his boss, 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson, who slipped him a set of brass knucks. Mickey Jay did not see a thing, as Kanyon uppercut Samoa Joe, throwing him off balance... KANYON CUTTER! Kanyon gripped Samoa's tights, and put a foot on the rope, but Mickey Jay was oblivious to it all. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner[/B] Via pinfall, Chris Kanyon [B]How the New Generation won the belt[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] After the break, WCW World Heavyweight Champion, 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr made his way down the aisle, tapping the fans hands at ringside, as he slid into the ring. He then went to each of the four corners to pose and salute the fans. After standing in the center of the ring, tears flowed down his face. Finally, after regaining composure, he accepted the microphone from David Penzer. "Holms, let me speak on this," he started. "Ariba la raza! Oh yeah. You homies know how it is, you homies know what this .." pointing at the belt, "is all about. You know, people said Rey Mysterio Jr was too small to win the WCW World ... Heavyweight.... Championship. Too small. I didn't have the size to be powerful enough to win it. And you know homes, it was only when I accepted that, only when I understand exactly what the critics meant, that I was able to overcome. You see homes, Rey Mysterio Jr was and still is too small to hold aloft the World Heavyweight Championship. It's true. It really is. So how did I overcome this problem? You see, the marketing big wigs here homes, decided to label me... New... Generation. But, it was more than a label. You see homes, it represented each and every one of you out there. You are all part... of the New Generation. And I am your representative of that movement, that energy, that .. psychie if you will. So at Fall Brawl, when the chips were down, where the cr@ps were stacked against me, when it looked like I was in a dark closed off alley running the bulls with a red flag all by myself, I dug deep. I listened to my heart when I could hear only the welts and bruises coming from Booker T, and I remembered... the New Generation. I let your spirit... bleed through my heart. My body was too small, but the heart of the New Generation was not." "REY..REY..REY...REY..REY..REY...REY..." "You see holms, that's what I'm talking about. ORALE! That's where it's at. That is where it is at! You people, my people, we won this World Heavyweight Championship together, so I want to thank you. And promise you one thing, se, this title... it ain't going anywhere. This title... is YOUR title. Here, feel it.." Rey takes it off, and holds it out in front of him. "You can feel it vicariously through me, through the spirit of the New Generation. You can sense it. You people, holms, you drive me. You give me that spirit. This championship, drives you people. You see holms, he who holds the belt, holds the key to the pendulum in World Championship Wrestling. Currently, Rey Mysterio Jr... and the New Generation movement hold it. You people drive me. Your spirit drives me. We are connected. So let me tell all those who doubt me still out there, seek out the New Generation. And never forget, the power of spirit, and the power of the New Generation's... HEART! ARIBA LA RAZA!" Rey holds the title aloft, and slides out of the ring, letting some people at ringside touch the title as he walks valiantly up the ramp, before holding the title aloft proudly at the top of the ramp, shortly before going to the back. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW World Tag Team Championship The All Starz (c) (CM Punk and 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper) v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Four very quick and fluent workers here, this is perhaps a look into the future to see the four corners of power of World Championship Wrestling. Such wrestling ability, still at young ages, all still trying to define their destinies. The destiny of the All Starz was reaffirmed tonight, as the Pepsi Plunge was unleashed on AJ Styles. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your winners[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW World Tag Team Champions, The All Starz [B]You can run...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Stevie Ray caught up with 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page. "Sucka, fruitbooty, suckas gots to know, will you take back the United States Championship, dawg?" "You love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure, you'll never forget me. And even though Lance Storm wants to pretend, he'll never forget what Diamond Dallas Page is all about. He wants to ignore the threat, the obvious threat. But sooner or later, when you least expect it, you'll have nowhere to hide, you'll have nowhere to run, you'll be there like a deer in the headlights... and as your neck shatters, as your eyes roll to the back of your skull, the only thing you'll remember is this... Bada-bing..Bada-boom... BADA-BANG!" Diamond Dallas Page keeps hold of the Diamond Cutter sign, showing it to the lens of the camera before storming off. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]WCW United States Championship Lance Storm (c) v Mike Awesome[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Two former Team Canada's allies, now locked in a bitter match over the United States Championship. Such a coveted piece of gold that previous friendships disintegrate on the spot, and this was no different. Particularly when you add in Mike Awesome's obvious frustration at having his World Tag Team Championship taken away from him without being the loser as such at Fall Brawl. The All Starz thus far have dodged him, but tonight, Lance Storm would not, and he would have to face him one on one. Mike Awesome was dominating, in fact, mercilessly dominating. It appeared his pan would be short lived from Fall Brawl, as he reeled off a succession of thundering suplexes and body slams, reminiscent of some of the great powerhouses of the 1980s. It made me think... Sickles all around! But eventually it became a full frenzied fist fight, Awesome left, Storm right, Awesome right, Storm left, Awesome right... missed... Storm right, and another, and another, and another... Awesome is stumbling, Storm into the ropes... SUPER KICK! [CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B]Your winner[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Lance Storm [B]You never saw it coming[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Lance Storm is blindsided by Diamond Dallas Page with a vicious elbow to the back of the skull, back into the center of the ring... DIAMOND CUTTER! Diamond Dallas Page rolls out, but stops, and reaches beneath the ring for a steel chair. He pulls it back into the ring, and cracks it across the knee of Storm. He then sits it in the center of the ring, and takes Storm to the nearest turnbuckle. Up to the second rung... SUPER DIAMOND CUTTER ONTO THE CHAIR! Storm has blood gooshing everywhere. Diamond Dallas isn't finished yet, and grabs Storm's right leg and thrusts it around the ring post, before performing a stunning hand ankle lock on the right ankle of Lance Storm around the ring post. Storm is in a whole heap of trouble, as Diamond Dallas Page walks past Torrie, blowing a kiss. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]She is devastated[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Post the beat down, Torrie Wilson was full of tears as she raced into the ring to tend to her fallen lover. She covered him, and weeped openly as EMT's raced to the ring. Lance Storm stoically found a way to get up, but was very dizzy on his feet, and the EMT's had to assist him to the back. Torrie was beside herself. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Vader v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Now time to test the perfect show theory I guess, take the heat out of things with a normal run of the mill powerhouse type match against someone who lately has jobbed more than most. Vader was on fire, before ending it with a Vader Bomb. [CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B]Your Winner[/B] Via pinfall, Vader [B]The Undertaker and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire v Goldberg and 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The crowd was raucous for this one, four of the best in the business doing their best to stabilise the pendulum of power on their side in this epic confrontation between good and evil. Pure power, pure savagery in this match. Booker T was clearly incensed still about losing his title, and suddenly Sean O'Haire became his victim. But he kicked out of anything the former champion had to offer. The real heat came between the Undertaker and Goldberg, who were selling nothing to one another. It was as if two Bruiser Brody's were in the squared circle, unwilling to budge despite the ferociousness of each other's welting blows. After a while, the Undertaker and Booker T somehow found themselves entangled in a brawl outside the ring, and it could not be contained to the ring area as the Undertaker and Booker T headed up row G of the All State Arena. Up they went, towards the second tier, brawling intensely. No one seemed to want to give an inch, but eventually the Undertaker slowly but surely gained some advantage. It was a similar story in ring, as the two remaining competitors brawled recklessly. After a double clothesline spot.. Sean O'Haire an Goldberg stumbled back to their feet. Goldberg got into the stance... SPEAR! But it was reciprocated! Both men went head first into each other, the replay box showed the head's of each other missed by a centimetre, but still both men were down in the center of the ring gazing skyward...1....2....3....4....5....6....7....8....9.... 10! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners[/B] Draw, due to double count out [B]When you're 7 foot tall[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The Giant made his way to ringside, and paintbrushed the face of Goldberg to bring him around. The Giant did the honors, pulling Sean O'Haire to his feet. Goldberg... SPEAR! And now the Giant asked the same of Goldberg, CHOKESL.. NO! FROM THE RAFTERS COMES STING AGAIN! Scorpion Death Drop on the Giant! Goldberg has bailed, he's left his partner, and from the safety of distances beckons Sting cowardly. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Driving down the highway[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Strangely, our last scene of the night comes to you from the dash of a vehicle travelling down a local highway. We're listening to country hick music, as the vehicle drives along, and then swerves to collect a car in the far lane! The car cannons off into the ditch beside the road, overturning! The driver gets out of the car, and walks down to the overturned car, busting open a window and pulling out... REY MYSTERIO JR's lifeless body! He hauls the body like a sack of potatoes, up the slope, as Fire goes off the air. What the hell is the meaning of this? [B]Rating:[/B] A [B]Attendance:[/B] 10,000 [B]CBS Rating:[/B] 5,484,246

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;270040]Agrrrrr. Hate that mate. Happens to me every once in a while. Usually aggravates me to the point that I end up posting the show later.[/QUOTE] Mate, I know how you feel.. I was that tempted to say ahh, to hell with it. Another day, another week, but as the great Freddie Mercury sang, the show must go on. [QUOTE=G-Prime;270054]Hasn't happened to me while I was writing, but halfway through booking when I haven't saved... Happens all the time.[/QUOTE] All the time? Dawg, I feel for you. I'd be devastated beyond belief if this happened all the time. Fortunately in some ways I kind of feel this write up came out better anyway, hope you all like the stories developing. As always, will enjoy seeing any feedback that comes my way.

[QUOTE=tristram;270031]Well, you can imagine my disappointment... just booked and wrote up an entire show, computer froze... lost the show. GRRR!!! Usually copy before I post... nup, for once I didn't.[/QUOTE] Happened to me once and drove me crazy! It can be a pain starting over too. I like how you're making Rey a credible champ instead of giving him the belt and throwing him to the wolves as it were. And Stevie Ray > everything!

Guest The Aussie
Very nice to see Vader finally get a win this week. Big ending to Fire, Methinks it is a major coup.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;270076]Happened to me once and drove me crazy! It can be a pain starting over too. I like how you're making Rey a credible champ instead of giving him the belt and throwing him to the wolves as it were. And Stevie Ray > everything![/QUOTE] Thanks mate. The only thing more frustrating is when you're doing twins and your mother wants you to put the clothes on the line. [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;270489]So now we got some redneck running the world champ off the road and kidknapping him? And someone said mine sounded like a spy novel?[/QUOTE] Mate, yours is like reading Agatha Christie... mine is Winnie the Pooh style with captions ;) How did you like Ima Sonuvitch's take on your one in In This Corner ... [QUOTE=G-Prime;270497]I can only think of one redneck in wrestling who could successfully go after a world champion...[/QUOTE] Stan Hansen? Basically I wouldn't read too much into the music being played, it was just me having a shot at country hicks. [QUOTE=The Aussie;270500]Very nice to see Vader finally get a win this week. Big ending to Fire, Methinks it is a major coup.[/QUOTE] A major coup like those one's in Fiji? Vader is a big man fo shore, the ultimatum was "let me win, or I forego steak sandwich for Simpson Burger." Chavo telling me I had to ride pepe in public if I jobbed him was far less threatening, so that's how that decision was made.

[QUOTE=tristram;270915] Mate, yours is like reading Agatha Christie... mine is Winnie the Pooh style with captions ;) How did you like Ima Sonuvitch's take on your one in In This Corner ... [/QUOTE] Hehe. I don't know, what does Ima look like? lol Thanks Mate for all the support that you give me, publically and privately. [QUOTE=tristram;270915] Stan Hansen? Basically I wouldn't read too much into the music being played, it was just me having a shot at country hicks. [/QUOTE] I was tempted to say the same thing. And seeing as how I had to come into work early tonight for sensitivity training, I think I might have to take offense at the country hick comment. :mad: lol

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] Proudly Presents [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwglycerinewx7.jpg[/IMG] WCW Glycerine, Saturday, Week 3, September, 2001 Live from the Hershey Park Arena, Hershey, Pennsylvania Live on NBC[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"] [B][CENTER]The sick video[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] At the top of Glycerine, we take a panoramic view of the audience, before peeling in on one or two hot babes at ringside who out blow up Sting bats. I bet they're not the only blow up things they're into. What a nigh.. Wait a second, our transmission has been interrupted... [QUOTE]It is a savage looking scene, there's rats gnawing away on a window sill. A grainy shade of light is piercing it's way though into otherwise a realm of cold, dank, darkness. We can hear a single drip. We look to the left, and in a cold, steel chair we see none other than 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion sitting with his hands tied behind his back, his mouth taped, eyes covered by a bandana. He is shifting in his steel chair, trying to break free. A dark, deep voice is heard... "You have been warned. There is more to come. Fear not, Rey is in comfort. At least, in comparison to what else is in store for him."[/QUOTE] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Tonight, the Heartbreak Kid will have an important announcement[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Our commentators have their mouths dropped wide open, before finally Tony Schiavone, who is as pale as a ghost speaks up. "Fans, ... Look, Gene, I'm sorry, you'll have to go on here..." "Thanks Tony, well.. What do I say. Firstly, we will keep you informed of all developments, and remind all fans that this is a full police investigation and we are as in the dark as you are. Secondly, tonight, 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels is here, and we understand has an important announcement." "You don't think he's going to..." Zbysko asked hesitantly, "You know... retire?" "I guess we'll have to find out, later in the show." [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Title is returned[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] We transfer to the Oval Office Presidential Suite of 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, who is typing something into his laptop at his desk. "Are you... ahhh... Ric Flair?" A mailman asks. "WOOOOO!! I sure am," he replies. "Sign here please, I have a package for you." Flair signs the clipboard, before sending the mailman on his way. He opens up the package, to reveal... the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. With what looks like blood staining the gold, Flair goes a whiter shade of pale. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Tonight![/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A graphic pops up to highlight that tonight, the Undertaker will take on 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire (c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] To start off proceedings in the squared circle tonight, we take a look at the Cruiserweight scene, which of late has been spotlighted and headlined by the regal Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire. But tonight's he up against a second generation superstar, whose family name breeds contempt for the very best cruiserweights in the world. They are synonymous with excellence at all costs. This was a brief affair, littered with a suicide plancha from Chavo to the floor outside, collecting Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire. Both men crashed hard, but as referee Mickey Jay turned around to push Miss Hanc*ck from the apron, Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire turned the tide by throwing Chavo into the unforgiving steel barricades up the aisle. As Chavo grimmaced, Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire took Chavo back into the ring. He then hit a drop kick, followed by a moonsault. To accomplish the victory, Helms finished with the Victorian Cross, as God Save the Queen echoed through the arena. [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Your Winner:[/b] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Tonight, we'll hear the thoughts of...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "Well fans, we're still in definite shock and a state of distress here, but I've been told in my ear piece that tonight both 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page and Torrie Wilson have agreed to talk about what went on last night at Friday Fire, where Diamond Dallas Page beat on Lance Storm following a successful United States Championship match." Okerlund: "The tension here is electric, it's two very different minds fighting over one very coveted piece of gold." [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Who's Next?[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Goldberg bursts into the Oval Office, startling 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair who is busy talking to federal investigators. Goldberg looks fired up, and slams his hands on the desk to interrupt Ric Flair. "Well, if it's not the biggest pie.." "I don't care what you have to say Flair. I've beaten you down before, so now you need to shut your mouth before you do it again. That title, that belongs to me Flair. I'm the most deserving holder of that title. What's that? Oh that's right, the champion must make a defence at Halloween Havoc, or the belt is vacated? Yes, I'm sure I read that in the rulebooks somewhere Flair. And when it is vacated, the only question you'll have to answer is... WHOSE NEXT? Who has to fear the spear for me to get back what is rightfully mine. I'm going to prove to you and all out there that I am the rightful WCW World Heavyweight Champion Flair, starting... tonight." Goldberg storms out of the office. "So, tell me a bit about him?" The investigator asks to a stunned Ric Flair. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]We beat the Hardcore Evolution...[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell's music hits the PA, and Buff Bagwell and 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar make their way to the ring, with Bagwell posing in his top hat before taking the microphone from David Penzer. "Hahaha... I'm soooo sexy! My god, we're in Pennsylvania Brock, good old Penny. You know, I think it's fair to say that these two beauties of magnificence took their.. stuff, to the Hardcore Evolution at Fall Brawl. I think this is the break I've been looking for, after dominating that match, I think I deserve the World..Heav...." Brock Lesnar snatches the microphone from him. "Whoa whoa whoa. You... You? You dominated that match?" Buff utters to him, 'No, you did...' Brock turns around, and Buff looks at the camera on the apron and whispers 'I'm kidding about that.' Lesnar though heard and snaps a vicous lariat on Bagwell, sending him over the top rope, with his top hat coming off! [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW World Television Championship Randy Orton (c) v Golddust[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Another defence, but not a run of the mill defence, no tonight Randy Orton was up against a real freak of nature. Golddust pranced around like a ballerina, which was rather off putting to Orton, and after knocking Orton down with a clothesline, rubbed his body over him. Orton freaked out and pushed him off. He knew he had to end this soon, Golddust went for another clothesline but Orton ducked, spun around... RKO! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Randy Orton[/SIZE][/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Heartbreak Kid is indeed here[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Backstage, we see 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels walking backstage. He firstly runs into 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, who offers him a handshake. "Hey Shawn, thank you for the memories man..." Daniels nods in approval, as Shawn walks off. The next person he runs into is Norman Smiley. "AHHHH!!! Shawn Michaels... AHHH!!! You are the best there is my man, it's been a pleasure.." Michaels bows his head before moving on. Could he be announcing the end of the road tonight? [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]You...YOU'RE NEXT![/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Backstage, Goldberg runs into 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe, and his manager, the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes. "Well well well, if itzzzz not Billah Goldzberg. You know Billah, the people drivah mah..." "Shut your mouth Rhodes. Samoa Joe, you've been making a fair impact on World Championship Wrestling. And what better way to start my ascent to the top then by making you... FEAR THE SPEAR! Tonight, YOU'RE NEXT!" Goldberg glares at Samoa Joe before storming off. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW World Tag Team Championships The All Starz (CM Punk and 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper) (c) v The Anarchists ('The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam and 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer)[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A brawl to settle the score brudda. Well, no, not really. While Pennyslvania popped for the Anarchists, they always seemed to be making up the numbers, although they did try for a Van Daminator, but Elix Skipper was able to throw the chair straight back at Rob Van Dam and hit a drop kick to the head through the chair! Van Dam tagged in Dreamer, as Skipper tagged in Punk. Dreamer tried to go toe to toe with him, but couldn't keep up, and after Punk gained ascendency he hit the Pepsi Plunge for the victory. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW World Tag Team Champions, The All Starz[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Let me give you a hand[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, 'Positively' Chris Kanyon ambushed 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels outside the main catering area. Kanyon then unbolted the door to a large industrial freezer, and threw the Heartbreak Kid in there! He then bolted the door shut! "So you want to quit huh? Well, let me give you a hand. Who better dan Kanyon? NOBODY!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera v The Undertaker[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Two very constrasting figures. One a tall, demonic warrior, the other, a short, quick, zippy insane flier. Both have their quench for success in World Championship Wrestling, and both have unquestionable records of late. This promised to be a barnstormer, and that's exactly what we got. I was thoroughly impressed by the improvisation in aerial assault in Juventud Guerrera in an audacious bid to become the first to beat the Undertaker here in World Championship Wrestling. He was using the ropes like a porno star uses self mutilation and over exaggeration. When you see Juventud in form like this, you merely wonder - what if? What if the guy got his shiz together and focussed on being a match to match proposition, what if he could drop the backstage sagas, would he have beaten Rey Mysterio to the punch of becoming the first lucha libre trained wrestler to hold aloft the WCW World Heavyweight Championship? And so it continued, everytime the Undertaker came back into it Juventud was able to slide outside, and then when the Undertaker was turned away would bounce to the apron, up to the top rope and use his superior aerial skills to combat the dark tided warrior Undertaker. The Undertaker started to look extremely wobbly, and Juventud went to the top rope... he springs to the top... Springboard Cross Body! The Undertaker caught him though?! He holds onto the arm, and storms up the turnbuckle himself, and starts walking along the top rope before dropping to the mat wrench on the shoulder joint of Guerrera. And now a leg drop from the Undertaker. Guerrera is straining to find the safety of outside again, but the Undertaker cartwheels him into the ropes... Big Boot! Up he goes... Down he comes... Tombstone Piledriver! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, the Undertaker[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]The Question on Everyone's Lips[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, the Undertaker slits his hand across his throat, before grabbing the microphone from David Penzer. "Another one... learns to...REST... IN.... PEACE!" The crowd pops for the Undertaker. "I want to ask one simple question of Big Poppa Pump. Where were you last night? Can I ask, how was your drive home? Make no mortal bones about it, but I suspect, I suspect. I see the light. I see your grave, paying for what you have done. The end is near. My creatures of the night will feast upon the flesh of your rotting corpse. Big Poppa Pump, at Halloween Havoc... REST....IN.......... PEACE!" The arena gets airy, as the Undertaker strides out, putting on his fabled hat. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Giant v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Two brutes, two power houses. So much hatred, so much tension. Sean O'Haire is maybe the brightest bastion of power in World Championship Wrestling, maybe he's the best young athlete going around. Maybe he's the next big champion in this promotion? Maybe's, maybes. And maybes that the Giant won't accept, won't believe, won't give the time of day to. Being a parochial slab of foundation for the Four Horsemen hinders the Giant's judgment somewhat, but not his ability. And he's good for a big man, it's rare to see a 500 pound man drop a drop kick onto an opponent. Some crisp shots in this, notably some slaps from the Giant that almost appeared to leave crisp welts on the chest of Sean O'Haire. After a frenetic brawl in the ring, at albeit a slow, methodical pace, the Giant tumbled to the outside. Sean O'Haire went to the top... No... Not from a such a big man.... MISSILE DROP KICK TO THE OUTSIDE! HE CONNECTED! THAT WAS BRUTAL! 1...2....3.....4.....5....6....7.. finally both men got up, but they continued to brawl up the aisle, and the referee had no choice. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] No Result, due to double count out[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]You can't do that[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Torrie Wilson caught up with Stevie Ray in front of the Glycerine logo. "Sucka, baby, you can rest your chest, I mean head, on this fruitbootys shoulder anytime, if y'all know what I'm saying?" There were evident bags under the eyes of Torrie Wilson. She shakes her head. "You know, at Fall Brawl, a truly great man achieved a great accomplishment when he won the United States Championship. You know, I had to leave that man a while ago to take his mind off me and focus on the task at hand, and at Fall Brawl, he achieved his destiny. He won fair and square. And that man that I love, Lance Storm, found himself heinously attacked post match by Diamond Dallas Page at Friday Fire. Heinously, and cowardly. It takes a real man to face up to his problems, like Lance has over the time I have loved him. Lance is a real man, Diamond Dallas Page..." She begins to let a tear stream down her face. "All I know is resting up is a great man, a man who has given everything he has to hold aloft that championship. Let me assure you Diamond Dallas Page, you opened up some wounds at Fire, some wounds with demons. Lance Storm will be ready to lay an impact down on you, and will beat you at Halloween Havoc for the United States Championship. That is, if your conscience allows you to even face up to him at Halloween Havoc..." She turns away and sobs some more, as Stevie Ray eyes up her apples. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Cowardly? This is professional wrestling, sweetheart[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Backstage, 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page is standing by a television monitor listening to the end of Torrie's comments. "Cowardly? COWARDLY? You love me, you hate, but two things are for sure, you'll never forget me... and Diamond Dallas Page is no coward. Night after night I would wrestle with cracked ribs, this is professional wrestling sweetheart. This is World Championship Wrestling. This is where the big boys play. I told you before, and I'll tell you and Lance again, you'll never know when it's coming, but when it hits you, all you'll know is... Bada-bing...Bada-boom... BADA-BANG!" Diamond Dallas Page flashes the sign of the Diamond Cutter before storming off. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Goldberg v 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Both men entered this match in foreign territory. Joe entered as an outsider, a rarity for a man of his ability. Goldberg entered knowing that the man who opposed him had enough power, enough wide ranging skill to cause a massive upset and defeat him, and humiliate him. Goldberg had so much on the line here, whereas this was a golden opportunity for Samoa Joe to prove to the wrestling fraternity that he is a rightful challenger to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. And it'll have been a phenomenal climb to the top should he achieve this. And there was every reason to believe he would, as the two men circled around you had that feeling. The glare was in his eyes, Samoa Joe was focused. He was ready for his biggest test. His biggest challenge. Samoa Joe ripped and teared like a mofo would. He gave it his all, he had Goldberg's eyes with a Coquina-Plex, followed by a Coquina Clutch. It looked for all money like Goldberg couldn't carry on. But Goldberg found a surge of blood and somehow managed to get back to a wide vertical base, and managed to back into a turnbuckle, and the impact forced Samoa Joe to let go. Joe tried to brawl away, but Goldberg held his own, and held his nerve as the two men tired. Samoa Joe got sloppy, Goldberg got determined. Goldberg dropped Joe with an ankle lock, wearing away at the big man's enormous ankles. Joe got to the ropes, and after a count of 4 Goldberg reluctantly released, before dropping a series of elbow drops to the withered joint. Samoa Joe got up gingerly, and Goldberg got in the stance... SPEAR! Can he get this bohemoth up? Surely not... Surely not... JACKHAMMER! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Goldberg[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Popiscle Popsicle[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Backstage, we see Sting walking past the freezer. Almost like a predator of the night, something ticks in his mind. He stops, he prods, he wonders what it is that is causing him unrest. He can hear nothing. Like a sage warrior of the Navajo, he goes to the locker, and unbolts the door, and Shawn Michaels shivers out before dropping to the ground. Immediately Sting drops his trenchcoat over the top of the him, and screams out for help! ============= [B]Rating: [/B]A* [B]Attendance:[/B] 10,000 [B]TV Rating:[/B] 4,902,281

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;270925]Hehe. I don't know, what does Ima look like? lol Thanks Mate for all the support that you give me, publically and privately. [/quote] Mate you deserve. Ima has more up her sleave. [quote]I was tempted to say the same thing. And seeing as how I had to come into work early tonight for sensitivity training, I think I might have to take offense at the country hick comment. :mad: lol[/QUOTE] Heh, it's all good, I'm a country boy too.

[CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Amw_logo.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][I][B]A Champion Goes Missing - Suspect # 1 - WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire[/B][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER] As you are all aware, World Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr was abducted following a heinous car collision last Friday night. Federal Bureau Investigators have been called into facilitate investigations co-ordinating with several east coast law enforcement agencies to attempt to find some resolution to this case, and of course not least of all comfort to his wife Angie. Most 'insiders' believe, due to the nature of a horrific unscripted segment on [I]Glycerine[/I] on the NBC network that this has been perpetrated by someone in the wrestling industry. Over the coming days, and hopefully only that as this case is hopefully remedied, we will be highlighting some of the characters within World Championship Wrestling who could be considered possible suspects. It is worth considering we know the following facts:- [LIST] [*]We have the World Heavyweight Championship belt currently being dusted for finger prints [*]The highway scene where the incident occured is being checked by forensic traffic investigators for evidence from the tyre tracks caused by the skidding of the two vehicles involved in the accident [*]The incident happened late apparently live in the Friday Fire show on CBS, and if this in fact true, several members of the World Championship Wrestling roster were competing or involved in the production at the time [/LIST] Our first suspect for discussion is Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire. [B]Age:[/B] 27 [B]From:[/B] Heritage is from London, United Kingdom, believed to have a blood line that ties in with former King Richard, III the Great [B]Resides:[/B] Raleigh, North Carolina [B]Championships:[/B] 2 times Cruiserweight Champion, 1 x Hardcore Champion [B]Allies:[/B] Managed by the sultry beauty Miss Hanc*ck [CENTER]-------------------------------[B]The Case[/B]---------------------------[/CENTER] [I]Motive:[/I] It is thought Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire disapproves of a Mexican being the World Heavyweight Champion. He believes that a champion should be regal and have some 'class', in his words. In fact, on a couple of internet interviews recently he stated his disgust that the Championship ended up on a man who was not aware of his roots, or the origins of the blood sport of wrestling, from the oriental arts of the Japanese to the more sorbid fist fights of old school Britain. [I]Actions that night:[/I] He did not defend his championship that night, but was nonetheless at the arena. There was no post show roll call of sorts held as this is not part of the World Championship Wrestling procedures. So his movements from the start to the end, and after the show are unknown. We are of course gathering as much information on all possible suspects from all who were backstage that night to try and built a dossier of who was where, and when.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro10.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Nitro Preview[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Tonight, in an unprecedented first match-up, the laws of non-Pay-Per-View professional wrestling broadcasting will be shattered. In a stunning development, it has been revealed on wcw.com, that Bill Goldberg, the deranged corner stone of the Four Horsemen will face off against.... ....The Undertaker! It is sanctioned to be a match that transcends eras, as the most dominating force in the Undertaker's era takes on the most dominant force in professional wrestling today. Make sure you tune in and see the action, live and exclusive on Monday Nitro.

[B][U]Tonight's Card[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WCW Hardcore Championship: Crowbar (c) defends against 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett [*]The Steiner Brothers v The Perfect Event [*]'Positively' Chris Kanyon and the Giant v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [*]WCW Television Championship: Randy Orton (c) defends against 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe [*]'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page v 'The Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrara [*]Vader v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [*]Scott Hall v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire [*]Main Event: Goldberg v The Undertaker [/LIST]

WCW Hardcore Championship: [B]Crowbar (c) [/B]defends against 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett [B]The Steiner Brothers [/B]v The Perfect Event [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon and the Giant [/B]v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) WCW Television Championship: [B]Randy Orton (c[/B]) defends against 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe [B]'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page [/B]v 'The Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrara [B]Vader[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn Scott Hall v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Main Event: Goldberg v [B]The Undertaker by Dq [/B]

[LIST] [*][B]WCW Hardcore Championship: Crowbar (c)[/B] defends against 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett [*]The Steiner Brothers v [B]The Perfect Event[/B] [*][B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon and the Giant[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [*]WCW Television Championship: [B]Randy Orton (c)[/B] defends against 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe [*]'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'The Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrara[/B] [*][B]Vader[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [*]Scott Hall v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] [*]Main Event: [B]Goldberg[/B] v The Undertaker [/LIST]

WCW Hardcore Championship: [B]Crowbar (c) [/B]defends against 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] v The Perfect Event 'Positively' Chris Kanyon and the Giant v [B]Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles)[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Randy Orton (c)[/B] defends against 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe [B]'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'The Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrara [B]Vader[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [B]Scott Hall[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire Main Event: Goldberg v [B]The Undertaker[/B]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="6"]Proudly Presents[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro10.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro, Monday, Week 4, September 2001 Live from the Independence Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina[/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Tonight, we fight fire ... with fire[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] At the top of the show, WCW President, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair comes out to a thunderous applause in front of his beloved home crowd, the Charlotte faithful are popping like the zit on the end of outlaw's nose. Flair laps it up, before finally doing the Flair strut at the top of the ramp, and letting out a massive.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You can see tears in his eyes, he is loving being in front of his home crowd. This is Flair County! "WOOOOOOOOOOO!! Did... somebody... tell me.... we are in ... WOOO Charlotte... WOOO North Carolina?!" Crowd: "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Flair struts once more, before dropping his Armani jacket, and doing a knee drop on it. He loosens up his collar a bit. "It's great being back here in Charlotte, North Carolyyyyyaaaannnnaaaa." Said in that way that only Ric can, when he gets excited and he mis annunciates letters like they're going out of fashion. "You know, Charlotte has so many great memories for me. Firstly, it's been my home for decades, it's where the Nature Boy learned to be the Nature Boy. It's where Space Mountain first got oiled up. It's where the line for Space Mountain is out the door and down to the center of town. WOOOO!!! It's where I learned to be Slick Ric, I'm a stylin', profilin', limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheeler-dealin', son of a gun, who's kissed all the girls and made them cry.... WOOOOOOOOO!!! And if you don't like it, learn to live with it, learn to love it, because it's the best thing going today..." Flair walks to the other side of the ramp, before pausing for the fans to let out another WOOOOO. "You know, it's also where I learned to become the dirtiest player in the game. And on the flight from Pennsylvania I asked myself, what is the one thing that is different.. you know, WCW is getting it's **** handed to it night in, night out by the Four Horsemen." The crowd boo. "I know, but it's ... true. And then I remembered it. You see, when you fight fire... you can't fight it like a gentlemen. You know, you have to learn to fight fire with fire. And who better to lead that than.... the dirtiest player in the game, slick Ric... WOOOOO!!! Diamonds are forever and so is the dirti.." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Goldberg interrupts[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg, a current lynchpin to the Four Horsemen comes out to the stage, and stands at the opposite side of Ric Flair, stalking him almost from behind, he is laughing behind him, before he brings the microphone to his mouth. "Shut your mouth Flair," he begins. The crowd of course react badly. "You know, I've heard so much about this dirtiest player in the game cr@p, but at Fall Brawl, you were nothing but a road bump for Goldberg. It becomes very evident Ric, that you talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. You know why the Four Horsemen are decimating WCW? It's quite simple... where's the competition? Where's the competition? Whose Next? Who can possibly beat Goldberg? Ric, whose next..." [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]You're Next[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A crackle of thunder is heard in the arena, before an eery smoke fills the arena. The lighting in the arena is a light, icy blue. Stepping from behind the curtain, with his trade mark wide brimmed hat, and trenchcoat is none other than the Undertaker. Goldberg looks surprised, and threatened, as the Undertaker takes the microphone from Flair. "Goldberg...." The Undertaker rolls his eyes into the back of his skull, before slitting his finger across his throat. "Tonight... REST.... IN...." Goldberg gulps. "PEACE!" Flair takes back the microphone from the Undertaker. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You ask the questions Goldberg, I've got the answers. You just walked into another trap from the .... dirtiest player in the game. Tonight, you will go one on one with the Undertaker. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, Diamonds are forever... WOOOOOOOOOO!!! And so is WCW!" Goldberg and the Undertaker square off toe to toe, with no movement, eyes locked on each other's eyes, very pensively staring knowing that tonight, they will fight in a much anticipated clash of these titans. [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]I don't love you[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] Backstage, Crowbar is walking towards the ring area with his WCW Hardcore Championship over his shoulder. Pamela Paulshock comes bouncing up behind him. "Come on baby, show 'em how to do it.." Crowbar stops in his tracks, and Pamela ditzily walks past. "I've been meaning to tell you something..." "What is it baby?" Crowbar shakes his head, as if he's scared to say something. "Baby?" Finally he snaps. "I'M NOT YOUR BABY! I don't love you... I don't even... like you. You're too straight laced. You're a .... bimbo." Crowbar storms off, leaving Pamela in a rage of tears backstage. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW Hardcore Championship Crowbar (c) v 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Crowbar grabs a trolley full of weapons from the Gorilla position and continues his way to the ring. He is joined in the ring by the challenger, Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett is being treated to a royal hiding here, Crowbar is using his superior weaponry skill to his advantage, and it looks to be all over really. Pamela Paulshock comes to ringside, and is bawling all over the place. Crowbar is distracted... GUITAR TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! Suddenly Midajah races to ringside and pulls at the hair of Pamela, as Jarrett makes the cover... [B] [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and NEW WCW Hardcore Champion, Jeff Jarrett[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]He is eating...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A vignette flashes on the screen, it is from the same desolute, haunted retreat where 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr, the World Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Champion finds himself tied up in a dungeon type room, with only a brief flicker of like filtering in very a shattered dusty window. A digitally enhanced and masked voice speaks over the vignette; "All I've heard lately is concern for the livelihood of Rey Mysterio Jr. Well placed concern, I might add. All I keep thinking is, whatcha gonna do brother, whatcha gonna do when the nightmare unleashes all over you. The only answer I can give to you is, Rey is being fed, and being looked after. Brother, there's his food... right there..." Our cameras pan to the floor and focus, where a rusty plate sits with rice in it, but not only rice, but a big nasty Rat, and some ****roaches pouring their way through the plate. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Steiner Brothers v the Perfect Event[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Former tag team champions facing off here on Nitro, in a quick brawl. It was actually dominated by one man in particularly, 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump who put the Steiner Recliner on Shawn Stasiak for the win. [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Your Winners: [/SIZE][/B] Via submission, the Steiner Brothers [B][SIZE="4"]Is that the way you want to play it?[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair is walking backstage, when he is angrily confronted by 'the Enforcer' Arn Anderson who forces him up against a wall. "Is that the way you want to play it?" Anderson argues. "Huh? Well is it? Let me tell you something, you've got blood on your hands Ric. You see, when you put one of ours in hospital, we put two of yours in the morgue. Can you live with yourself when, not if, when that happens? We are just here to bring some quality to this promotion, well, now you've forced our hand. But we won't take responsibility, no Ric, or shall I say slick Ric, that shall be all yours." Anderson storms off, with Flair smiling all the while. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Giant and 'Positively' Chris Kanyon v the Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles)[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Two of the best up and comers in this promotion against two of the settled warhorses of the Four Horsemen. The Excellence in Execution combination gelled well, while it just appeared as though Kanyon and the Giant lacked chemistry as partners. Eventually though, their individual powers paid off, as Kanyon hit the Kanyon Cutter on Styles for the victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Your Winners: [/B] Via pinfall, Chris Kanyon and the Giant[/CENTER][/SIZE] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The return of...[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Post match, as Kanyon and the Giant celebrated, 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire and 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels rush the ring. Kanyon is unsighted, and falls prey to a clothesline from Michaels. Giant comes over for the save, but O'Haire plants him with a DDT. Both men roll out of the ring gingerly, as Michaels and O'Haire taunt them. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Revenge will be sweet[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] After the Giant and Kanyon start walking back up the ramp, grabbing at their necks, 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels takes a microphone. "You know," he says, "You tried to freeze me. Hell, you tried to... kill me. But I'm still dancing. I'm still sexy. And I'm still the ultimate show stopper. But what's changed? Everything. The whole ball game. You see Chris Kanyon, you've unleashed something that's been missing from Shawn Michaels for a few years.... PASSION!" "Giant," O'Haire pleads, "I'm sick and tired of you and the Four Horsemen thinking you own this place. Well I'm here to tell you, this is our yard. And tonight, we just marked our territory, and when you go into another dog's territory, you've got to expect that dog to fight tooth and nail to protect it. You can't just waltz into WCW with the Four Horsemen and expect to unleash hell without getting a bottle of insanity cracked over your head by the Phenomenal one. Consider this a challenge... Halloween Havoc, me and you. If you have the guts..." O'Haire throws the microphone to the ground, and shakes the hand of Shawn Michaels. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW Television Championship Randy Orton (c) v 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Maybe Orton's biggest challenge since taking the championship a long while ago, Samoa Joe is the real deal. He is the paragon of excellence. He is everything that a young up and coming WCW stand out should be. And now, courtesy of the Rear Naked Choke Hold, after a frenetic and well worked match, he is your champion. After Orton regained his breath and came to, he was shocked to find out he no longer was the Television Champion. But that is the power of Samoa Joe, a man without peer. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Your winner: [/B] Via submission, and NEW WCW Television Champion, Samoa Joe[/CENTER][/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]The challenge is clear...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Stevie Ray caught up with Lance Storm and Torrie Wilson. Lance was still trying to click out his neck following a recent cheap attack from 'King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page, but still proudly wrapped around his waist was the WCW United States Championship. "Fruit booty, yak, suckas gots to know, how y'all doing after that recent attack from Diamond Dallas Page, dawg?" "If I may be serious for a minute," Storm replies, "that attack was ... cowardly. It was ... fickle. It was the attack of a desperate loser. And that is exactly what Diamond Dallas Page is. But you see, I'm here in World Championship Wrestling looking to make an impact. Because I am the original Impact Player. And an Impact Player doesn't back down from a challenge. No, that's the act of a coward. But THAT coward will have to overcome one more challenge tonight, against Juventud Guerrera in a number one contenders match for the United States Championship. I'm a deserving champion, and I will continue to leave an impact on this promotion, and Diamond Dallas Page, there's nothing you can do about it, because I'm from Calgary... Alberta.... Canada!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Number One Contendership to the WCW United States Championship 'The Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera v 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Two recent champions tonight intertwined in a brilliantly worked match up. You have the heelish slow down tactics of Diamond Dallas Page, against the excitement machine, the face popping juice of Juventud Guerrera. He was not afraid to try anything, he went high, he went low, he went around Page, and he collected him well. He seemed to have momentum on his side, until Page landed a low blow. Page then used various illegal tactics to wear down Guerrera, finally putting him in a sleeper. The crowd began to rally behind him... JUICE... JUICE... JUICE... JUICE... Guerrera struck back, striking out with his elbows, eventually the hold was released. Guerrera into the ropes, leap frog, back again, cross body block, but DDP went down... Guerrera went into the mat... Guerrera though covered Page with an inside cradle...1...2.... Page reverses it, and holds his tights...1...2....3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and number one contender to the WCW United States Championship, Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Bada-Bing...[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Post match, Page ran out of the ring to get clear of the frustrated Guerrera, before grabbing a microphone. "You know Lance Storm, it's as I always say... you never know when it's going to come, but I know many ways to skin a dog... Bada-bing, bada-boom..BADA-BANG!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Vader v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A wrestling mis match in many ways, one a technical genius, the other a powerhouse. Together pillars of strength for the World Championship Wrestling rebellion. A good, clean match, ended by... THE VADER BOMB! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Vader[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]YOU'RE NEXT![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Stevie Ray caught up with Goldberg. "Fruit boo.." "Shut up," Goldberg vented. "Undertaker, tonight, you'll learn to fear the spear. You think you're immortal, and immune to all that. But you will learn what it means to the answer to the question.. WHOSE NEXT? The answer... YOU'RE NEXT!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire v Scott Hall[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A former United States, Television and Tag Team Champion, against well, a former United States and Tag Team Champion. Not a technical bout, nothing out of the dungeon, just a brawl... with Sean O'Haire coming out on top via the Seantonbomb cementing his presence as a powerhouse contender in World Championship Wrestling. [SIZE="4"] [CENTER][B]Your Winner: [/B] Via pinfall, Sean O'Haire[/CENTER][/SIZE] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]I'm going to enjoy this[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Backstage, 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump walks past the locker room door of the Undertaker... "Man, I'm going to enjoy this," he yells out, "the Undertaker getting pounded by Goldberg. Holla... if you hear me!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]The Undertaker v Goldberg[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] What a showdown, an epic match, anticipated duly. This should be on Pay-Per-View, but the good folk at Death of WCW decided to give you all an opportunity to feast your eyes upon it, live here in our beloved Charlotte, North Carolina. And no one was to be disappointed. No soul that left this building could not think they had not seen the best of the Undertaker or Goldberg. It seemed every fan in the arena had at one stage or another been a mark for either man, if not now still for the Undertaker. You are seeing the man who was unbeaten at Wrestlemania, all many versions of them, against a man who started his career 173-0. A man who sold out the Georgia Dome for a Nitro, in front of a mere immortal who had helped sell out 60,000 stadiums for Wrestlemania, Summer Slam and other smorgasbord Pay-Per-Views. It was the coming together, the amalgamation of generations past and present. Neither really past, but a cavalcade none the less of generations. And it was a brutal match of intensity, fortitude, bitter warfare. The Undertaker staked his immortal soul on this one for World Championship Wrestling, Goldberg staked his wretched black heart of the Four Horsemen on the line. Could this be a defining moment in the epic battle of good versus evil? Ultimate sacrifice was laid aside as either man bore out everything he had. It was like watching a recreation of the Civil War, where every man locked in the bitter battle that would stand the test of time in such areas as humanity and ethics wanted to give nothing less than 100%. The core of their souls pounding relentlessly, through the aching clotheslines, slams, take downs on offer. Again, this was no match out of the textbook. No, if you wanted a technical display of genius wrestling, you were sadly mistaken and should ask for a refund. Chances are, you wouldn't get it, and your appeal would be thrown out in a court of law because you are being given everything and more that you could possibly ask for in the price of your ticket. Both men were drained, and bleeding profusely. The Undertaker was suffering immeasurably, when Goldberg used a set of brass knucks. 1....2....th... KICK OUT. But the Undertaker was still shelved. Goldberg threw him into the ropes... SPEAR! He covered....1....2....thr...NO! The Undertaker was still down... JACKHAMMER! He picked him up again... JACKHAMMER... and up again... JACKHAMMER! He covered...1....2....THR... NO! The Undertaker was motionless, but was getting out of the pinning predicaments. Goldberg eventually snapped, and grabbed a table from under the ring, setting it up in the middle of the ring. He lay the Undertaker's body on top, with Mickey Jay telling him to get him off. Arn Anderson passed Goldberg a sledge hammer. Goldberg went to the top rope... SLEDGEHAMMER TO THE NECK REGION OF THE UNDERTAKER!!!!!! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via disqualification, the Undertaker[/CENTER][/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]The Carnage Continues?[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Arn Anderson shouted to Goldberg to continue... But Sting's music began, and a spotlight appeared on the rafters... Sting was descending! He was descending to the ring! He finally got to the ring, and Goldberg went to sledgehammer him, but Sting blocked it, ripped it off him, and threw it out of there! He held his baseball bat out in front, but Goldberg merely retreated out of the ring. Goldberg frantically started walking up the ramp, as the UNDERTAKER SAT UP!!!!!! What an end to Nitro! [B]Rating:[/B] A* [B]Attendance:[/B] 10,000 [B]Nitro Rating:[/B] 2,456,212 [B]RAW is WAR Rating:[/B] 1,120,706 RAW is WAR was a B rated show featuring a great main event with Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit going to a double count out draw. The event came from Ontario, Canada.

To all those that have followed Death of WCW. I feel as if this is approaching another crossroads, it appears to me at least the number of posters giving responses to the shows is waining, and if that's happening I fear this isn't providing the excitement or enjoyment it once did to the people I do this for. I've tried breaking it up a bit and making it a little more edgier, but I get the feeling it isn't clicking with the fans. I can't help but be a little envious of the great cornvellverse diaries on here which get multitude of replies per show, but unless you post prediction sheets you get a far lower reply ratio in a real world diary. I tried putting a load of predictions in, but I felt it was restricting the way I could construct a show to build to a match... I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on if this is still followed or not, or whether people have been genuinely burnt out, because admittedly I'm very seriously considering jumping ship to test the waters with an idea I have for cornellverse. I think the idea I have is kind of unique, but it'd take me some time to really adjust to the dynamics of the cornellverse. Please be honest with your thoughts, it's not going to be constructive to make this a massive spooge fest and I'm not looking for that, just some feedback on why this isn't hitting where it once was and if people would be interested in me dropping this and trying something a little bit new.

Archived