The Death of WCW?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [/B]v Johnny Kashmere [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino [/B]v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm [/B]v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Randy Orton 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B]

[B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [/B]v Johnny Kashmere [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino [/B]v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v[B] Mike Awesome[/B] 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm [B][/B]v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust) v [B]D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas)[/B] 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Randy Orton 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B]

Just thought I'd let you know, I was watching RAW today (had it recorded) and I was wondering whether they'd reveal who kidnapped Rey Mysterio this week... Then I realised that that was here, not on RAW and thought 'Either I'm an idiot, or Tristram rocks' and well, I'm not an idiot ;)

[CENTER][U]Prologue[/U][/CENTER] It is with a real sense of satisfaction, excitement and a sense of achievement to some degree that this episode of Friday Fire signifies the 1000th reply to [I]The Death of WCW?[/I] I can honestly say I did not expect this story to be going this well this far into things, but I'm glad in many respects because as you all know about me from the year or so I've been in this forum I have a deep love of World Championship Wrestling, and a deep ripping pain still that she is gone. Post card I would love to just sit right back and remember some of the truly awesome times in World Championship Wrestling. Not the times that led to the death of it, but the cruisers, the 'Radicalz', the Four Horsemen, Sting, the Japanese invasion, the icons like Flair, Funk, Steamboat who graced the WCW ring, the vivacious beauties like Miss Elizabeth, Torrie, Stacey Keibler and Woman, Raven's flock, a 7'0" man who started off with the ability to moonsault and drop kick, Mike Tenay's excessive knowledge of lucha libre history, Disco fever, Hey...Hey Yo, the man who perhaps at the end personified the good things about WCW in terms of the spirit of the company Hugh Morrus, the never say die come from nowhere attitude of Diamond Dallas Page, Team Canada... some truly great memories. Thank you WCW, thank you for the amazing times. And most importantly, thank you to all the fans of [I]The Death of WCW?[/I] I've had some great regulars along for the ride, but I must pay a special homage to keefmoon and theoutlaw321. You blokes have gone on to do such tremendous dynasties of your own, I look at your diaries as great sources of inspiration and creativity. Thanks also for your friendship on the boards, you two blokes are the blokes I've probably talked to most on PM (man I'm sad, I have two PM friends in nearly 2 years :D ), you're a credit to these boards, keep up the enthusiasm and the dedication. Thanks to everyone else, as I've said before time and time again, if this was getting no responses, then quite frankly the show doesn't go on. I've said it before, I'll say it again, not concerned whether the replies are constructive criticisms, jokes, reminiscing about times gone by, heck even personal discussions, if you're taking the time to read and click reply then it makes my job all seem worthwhile and I truly appreciate that. God bless to one and all, the show must go on. Let's see if we can make it to 2,000 replies? :D [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="6"]Proudly Presents [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwfireot6.jpg[/IMG] WCW Friday Fire, Friday, Week 2, October 2001 Live from the Onondaga War Memorial, Syracuse, New York Live on CBS[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="4"][B]Tonight, the weight is on whose shoulders?[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A graphic came up promoting that tonight, in a special weights lifting challenge, Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell and 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar would face off. Tony Schiavone: "Guys, I can't imagine how this ring is going to be able to handle egos the size of which these two men have." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "You know Tony, the ring has been a house of egomaniacs ever since the days of the late great Gorgeous George, and let me tell you, Buff Bagwell alone rivals his self respect, if you know what I mean." Tony Schiavone (laughs): "Yes I do Larry, it should be one of the greatest coming together of egos, tonight live on Fire." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Tonight also![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A graphic pops up to highlight that 'The Black Stallion' Booker T will take on 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire, one on one! Tony Schiavone: "How about that! What a match we have in store for fans tonight!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "You know, Sean O'Haire has been a real roll of late. He's impressing some serious judges out there as to his credentials as a serious threat to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "One should never write off Booker T though, after all, he is a former FIVE TIME...FIVE TIME...FIVE TIME...FIVE TIME...FIVE TIME WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He is one of this sport's true all time greats." Tony Schiavone: "Oh lord you are not wrong about that. Plus he has the expectations of the manipulative Four Horsemen to contend with, it will be interesting alone to see if the Giant has anything to say about Sean O'Haire winning tonight, but as you say Larry, Booker T is a truly great competitor and one of this generations, in fact all generations true greats whether you look at it from a pure WCW perspective or you include the National Wrestling Alliance down the years." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Tonight on Sweet Chin Music![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A graphic pops up highlighting that tonight on Sweet Chin Music with the 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels, the man himself 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire will be interviewed. Tony Schiavone: "Speaking of which fans, tonight Sean O'Haire will be talking to his associate and fellow World Championship Wrestling defender 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels on set of Sweet Chin Music." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "It will be interesting Tony to see what Sean O'Haire has to say on the subject of the Giant." Tony Schiavone: "Oh boy, you ain't kidding! Guys, it's time for our first match of the night, as you can see, Johnny Kashmere of the Backseat Boyz is already in the ring awaiting the muscle bound Genetic Freak, Big Poppa Pump." [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Johnny Kashmere v 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Na na na na, baby give it up, give it up, baby give it up. Everybody wants you babe, everybody needs you babe, I just want to make you mine oh mine. Na na na na... Sorry, it was just more interesting in this match. This was an old school WWF Superstars squash match... Tony Schiavone: "He's locked it in! The Steiner Recliner! Someone ring the bell, this one is over!"' 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Hate to say it Tony, but that was incredibly comprehensive." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Big Poppa Pump[/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"]The Genetic Freak speaks out[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] David Penzer: "Here is your winner....." 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump rips the microphone off David Penzer as he goes to announce his success. "Shut up!" This of course further antagonises the crowd. Do you think Big Poppa Pump is playing the role of the heel at all here? It's just an observation. "I'm sick and tired of all you white trash at ringside dishing it out to me because I'm the Genetic Freak, I'm the hook up to all the hoochies and freaks across the world, and you... well you're just big, fat, welfare receiving trailer park trash wharthogs..." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "The fans shouldn't have to tolerate that." Tony Schiavone: "These fans are the greatest fans in professional sports Gene, they're WCW fans!" "Every week I come out here for you all to feast your eyes upon me, to give you a little bit of sunlight out of the window of your life on brick stilts. And you give me this? The ironic thing is week in, week out you cheer a man who wants to make you all rest... in..." "PEACE!" Tony Schiavone: "WHAT THE HELL?" TOME! TOME! TOME! TOME! Tony Schiavone: "The Undertaker is here!" The Undertaker is indeed here, thanks for stating the obvious. The crowd pop like Ron Jeremy pops. Duff man, ooh yeah. Big Poppa Pump looks astonished to see him here. There is some visual blood stains and bruising around the mans chin, but largely we can't see it as he dips his head underneath his broad top hat, and the lightning in the arena has turned a pale blue. "And when they heard of the dead, some mocked, and others said, we will hear thee again of this matter. Acts 17:32. Big Poppa Pump... you stand there flapping your gums. But come Halloween Havoc, it won't matter what you have said. You will be merely judged as I complete your destiny by what you have done. Look back, recant and rescind your wrong doings, you have a chance to rebuke all the wrongs you have done. The end is near. Think of how you want to be remembered, not how you are. You look at me, you see immortality. But what you should see is the reality of death. It stares you straight in the face Big Poppa Pump. It's fate, it's destiny, you can't change it, and yours is sealed. Yours is sealed in a body bag. You see, no mortal gets up from the tombstone. At Halloween Havoc.... you will.... REST.... IN.... PEACE!" Tony Schiavone: "You're god damn right he'll rest in peace!" TOME! TOME! TOME! TOME! Big Poppa Pump looks flabbergasted as we cut to a commercial break, as the Undertaker looks menacingly on before slowly turning, bringing around with him his fabled trenchcoat before slowly walking back through the curtain. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista v Rhino and 'The King of Old School' Steve Corino[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] As we come back from the break, Sanders and Bautista are standing in the ring. A still photograph from Nitro comes on the air where Corino slams the chair over the back of his partner's back. Tony Schiavone: "That was one of the most disgraceful and astonishing moments I have ever seen guys. These two were friends, brothers. They were so close you'd swear they were of the same womb." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Steve Corino has made it abundantly clear that he is thinking of his career first and foremost, and wants to learn the teachings of Mick Foley, the sage old leader of the Hardcore Evolution. Unfortunately Sanders got in the way." Tony Schiavone: "Yeah well no real man turns his back on such a close ally like that Gene, no matter what the dividend may or may not be. I just hope Mike Sanders makes him pay." With all the recent dramas, as stated above, this was always going to be a bit of a barn stormer. A bit of a rip and tuck type of affair. To be brutally honest, I wasn't expecting anything significant first up, I thought this storyline might take a little bit of easing in. But startlingly, the Onadaga were massively into this one, sensing the disdain and broken trust that exists between Sanders and Corino right now. This was a very good match, surprisingly very slick, a lot of harsh spots, and I think the crowd really enjoyed it. Tony Schiavone: "Drop toe hold from Sanders on Rhino." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "He can't gore you from there." Tony Schiavone: "Wait a minute? What's Mick Foley doing up on the apron?" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "I'm not sure but Sanders seems to be distracted." Tony Schiavone: "I know exactly what he's doing! He's distracting him." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "You think?" Tony Schiavone: "Yes I do! Can't you see?" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "I think I said it." Tony Schiavone: "Never mind that Gene, Sanders finally gets away from Foley... GORE! Bautista comes in for the save.. clothesline from Corino. One two... three." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Rhino and Steve Corino[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Goldberg with Stevie Ray[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "I guess they'd do anything for the win..." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Why complain? They're going to the pay winda aren't they?" Tony Schiavone: "It's treachory that's all." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "A great man once said it's not how you wrestle, it's if you win that everyone remembers. Especially the pay mistress." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Backstage guys, Stevie Ray has Goldberg." We cut backstage to the Fire logo set, where Stevie Ray has with him Goldberg, who is dressed impeccably in an Armani suit. Going to the Four Horsemen has granted him some of the minor luxuries of life, seemingly style. Here's old gold tooth now... "Fruit booty, yak, suckas gots to know..." "Suckas gots to know? Do you not know English? How do you get a job as an interviewer here Stevie? You see, the equalivent of you getting the job as an interviewer is like a flat chested whale getting a job at Hooters. You see what I'm getting at? Yak? Fruit booty? Ni.." "Don't say it dawg.." "I don't have to say it. You see Stevie Ray, the Four Horsemen is elite. We don't settle for second rate like the people who decide is capable of being a World Championship Wrestling interviewer. Hell, your own brother thinks you are second rate. He thinks you are a disgrace to the family. Fruit booty, what do you, I mean y'all have to say about?" "We.." "I don't care what you have to say. The question is rhetorical. You are a loser, you are not Four Horsemen quality. Indeed, you are lucky to have the Four Horsemen grace this promotion to give it some class. Some dignity. Some elegance. Some sense of professional. And while we try to bring profesisonal to this industry, we have other disgraces like Sting trying to run us down. What is it Sting? Are you scared of the best in the business? You see Sting, the ironic thing is that you were once of the Four Horsemen ilk. Then of course, you were ejected from the Four Horsemen because you did not cut the mustard. Is that not ironic to you? A decade on, and you still cannot come to grips with reality. You are second rate. You are.. nothing. You see Sting, you may think I'm petrified of our match at Halloween Havoc. But if you ask me, you are the only one with any thinking to do. In fact, you have two things to think about... one... FEAR THE SPEAR... secondly... " Goldberg smiles and snarls at the camera. "YOU'RE NEXT!" Goldberg pushes through Stevie Ray like he isn't even there as he storms off. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Trent Acid v The Giant[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Tony Schiavone: "I don't think any of that was true guys." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "There is no doubting the prestige of the Horsemen." Tony Schiavone: "What is this? Are you sympathising with them now? A man up there in the rafters needs our support and is fighting for everything we love in this sport, and you side with the man who stands in his way?" Can someone fetch the spatula. Although, one pleasing aspect from my perspective was how well Trent Acid and the Giant clicked. I have long term aspirations for Trent Acid, he strikes me as a well rounded wrestler with a very good look. But it's not a good look when... Tony Schiavone: "He's unstoppable! You know what time it is... CHOKESLAM! OH GOODNESS! Here's the cover... it's over." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "A very impressive victory from the Giant.." Tony Schiavone: "There you go again, sympathising with the Four Horsemen. But I will concede and admit that was very dominant from the Giant." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, the Giant[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Where is Rey?[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "Fans, as you are all aware, our great World Heavyweight Champion, 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio, the leader of the resistance to World Championship Wrestling was abducted a few weeks ago following his amazing victory over the Black Stallion Booker T at Fall Brawl." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "I met up with his wife Angie Tony, and I can honestly say she is devastated. Rey Mysterio Jr is her lifelong love, and to have him ripped away from her, it's unbelievable. Sadly, at the moment there appears to be very few clues as to the whereabouts of Rey, or to who the suspect is in this case." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "I will add faith though to the Federal Bureau who are in charge of this investigation guys, I'm sure they'll find the man or men responsible for this heinous act and bring them to justice." Tony Schiavone: "Guys, a further announcement today was made that anyone with any significant clues who forwarded their information onto either WCW or the Federal Bureau would be compensated duly, so I guess all we have to say is if you know of anything, or have any idea of anything suspicious going on, please, ring the number below, it's a 24 hour number, you can remain anonymous..." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "In fact, the release goes as far as to say if someone brings him in, there will be no questions asked and they will be free to go about their day to day activities." Tony Schiavone: "Guys, I remember beginning in this industry calling matches for Jim Crockett Promotions, I can honestly say that when Rey Mysterio Jr went missing, all the great memories of innocence went with it. This is suddenly a very dangerous sport on so many deep levels, I just feel for the family and fans of Rey Mysterio Jr." [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Sweet Chin Music[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Set up to the left of the main entrance to the ring is the Sweet Chin Music set, where 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels sits on a stool. "Welcome to Sweet Chin Musac! I am the Ultimate Show Stopper! And to join me tonight, please welcome... PHENOMENAL... SEAN O'HAIRE!" The 'Phenomenal' one steps between the curtain and heads to the set to a thunderous round of applause from the Syracuse faithful. "Welcome to Sweet Chin Music..." Sean O'Haire merely nods, before surveying the crowd. "You know, a lot of people have been coming up to me and asking, Sean O'Haire, how phenomenal is he? And I tell them, this is no nickname. This is no gimmick. Sean O'Haire is phenomenal.. he is the ultimate.. The fans want to know Sean, recently you've been having some issues with The Giant." The crowd boos, as Sean O'Haire looks around, and smiles. "Shawn, it is a pleasure being here in SYRAC.." Just before the crowd can give their cheap pop, it turns to custard as the clicking of hooves is heard, and out comes the Giant, with 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson, and 'The Black Stallion' Booker T! They storm the set, but just before they can get to Michaels and O'Haire the two defenders of WCW have escaped via the side, through the dark veiled black curtain... CRASH! Waiting was 'Positively' Chris Kanyon with a steel chair for the head of Shawn Michaels! Kanyon runs off as O'Haire begins to pursue, but stops to check on his friend. Tony Schiavone: "It was a set up, now are you still sympathising with them Gene?" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "I never did, this though just goes to show the cut throat mentality of the Horsemen." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "The real question coming through Larry Land loud and clear is how on earth can Shawn Michaels partner Lance Storm later tonight?" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Mike Awesome v 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Speaking of brooding powerhouses, the more said about Mike Awesome the better. This man is the real deal, he is 290 pounds of pure muscle, adrenaline and athleticism. He is a major part of WCW already, and some are suggesting he's a future World Heavyweight Champion. And certainly Tommy Dreamer would not argue, or at least he was in no state to argue.. Tony Schiavone: "Kick to the gut from Awesome.... AWESOME BOMB! Forget it, it's over!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Mike Awesome[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]The Weight is on, pal![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] After the break, both Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell and 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar were in the ring alongside Flex Wheeler, the 2000 Arnold Classic Strong Man winner. His name is flashed on the screen, and a mild pop ensues as he poses. Buff Bagwell: "Aahahaha... Tonight Brock Lesnar, I'm going to prove to you that I am the strongest man in WCW, ahead of yourself. And to make it legit, I have the 2000 Arnold Classic Strong Man winner Flex Wheeler to prove it..." Brock Lesnar moves over menacingly, and snatches a microphone from David Penzer before staring in the face of Bagwell. Brock Lesnar: "I am THE next big thing Bagwell. And quite frankly, I'm growing sick and tired of your little contests. I don't need Flex Wheeler to prove I am who I say I am, the NEXT...BIG...THING. I've got another way..." Tony Schiavone: "Kick to the gut!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "He calls this the F-5!" Tony Schiavone: "NO!" 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Flex Wheeler pulled the arms of Brock Lesnar off Buff Bagwell!" Tony Schiavone: "Look at Buff run, Flex Wheeler just saved that man's life. Brock Lesnar is not happy! Oh no... Oh no.... F-5 ON FLEX WHEELER!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Flex Wheeler is a powerhouse, wow, that man is in considerable agony." Tony Schiavone: "Look at Buff Bagwell, he's not so c0cky now is he!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas v Shattered Dreams Entertainment[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Two very fine tag team units here tonight, to put on a show for y'all. I said that just to p!ss off Goldberg. Goldberg you nude nut, in case you are reading this, my real handle is theoutlaw321 and I think the spear is woosy, so feel free to try it on me. Anywho, on with the match. A very good match, I'm really diggint the WCW tag division. Tony Schiavone: "Here comes Disco into the ring... drop kick from Juvi! Douglas groggily back to his feet... JUVI DRIVER! Disco tries to make the save but Golddust clotheslines him! Disco is straddled against the rope, Golddust is on all fours behind him! One...two...three! Juventud pins Douglas!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Golddust is a freak." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Shattered Dreams Entertainment[/SIZE][/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Holmes[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] After the match, after Mickey Jay held aloft the arms of both Golddust and 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera, Guerrera motioned for a microphone from David Penzer. After stopping to catch his breath, he addressed the crowd. "Holmes, esse`, let me speak on this. My good holmes Rey Mysterio Jr is missing. No one knows where he is. The Juice, the Sultan of Swing, me and Rey go back a long way seniors. A long way esse. I'm sending out a warning to all and any who may have been involved with this crime holmes, particularly you Black Stallion, Booker T. You see, something tells me holmes that you have guilt running through your veins. Call it the latino feeling holmes, but it's generally always right esse. So you just watch your break, Rey Mysterio Jr is a close family friend esse, and you will suffer a chart topping smash record when I connect the Juvi Driver on you holmes! Rey! Rey! If you're out there holmes, I'll find you bro." Juventud throws the microphone to the ring, before exitting jubilant with his partner Golddust. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) v WCW United States Champion Lance Storm and 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Tony Schiavone: "Look at Shawn Michaels! He won't let his team down, he's coming out here despite what happened earlier." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "What sort of shape can he be in?" Well, he was very light on his feet, almost out of it a bit I suspect. I guess he was just going on adrenaline. But he had a great partner guiding him through... Tony Schiavone: "All four men in the ring... SWEET CHIN MUSIC ON STYLES! SUPER KICK ON DANIELS! Double cover....It's over!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Lance Storm and Shawn Michaels[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Tony Schiavone: "This is going to be a stunner guys, these two men know how to light a wrestling ring up." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "There's no doubt about that, in fact, WCW Magazine features a story on both these men and their athletic skills in this month's edition." Tony Schiavone: "That will be the greatest magazine in the stands fans!" Well, they got one thing right. CM Punk + Jerry Lynn = Amazing action. This one was was just beautiful. It was like going to a classic orchestra symphony display. Everything was finely tuned. Everything clicked. Everything melted into a display of wrestling excellence. The experienced Jerry Lynn was giving CM Punk an exhibition. Tony Schiavone: "The experienced Jerry Lynn is giving CM Punk a wrestling exhibition here guys." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Wait a second? What are they booing for, this is a great match!" Tony Schiavone: "Turn around guys, Lord Charles Helms just tripped Jerry Lynn!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Number two esquire, if you will..." Tony Schiavone: "Inside cradle from CM Punk..One..two...THREE! I'm sure CM Punk did not know, but a win's a win.." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "He's going to the pay winda Tony." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, CM Punk[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Congratulations[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage in the hallways of the Onodaga Memorial Arena, WCW President 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair runs into the WCW Television Champion 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe, along with his manager, 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes. "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Well if it isn't Dusty Rhodes and the Television Champion Samoa Joe.." "Sssennsattionaall, you know Ric Flaih, in dese hard times we call upohn a true sstar to hold da glue togetha... In dese hard times daddy, we call this man...Ssssaaamooaaahhh Joe..." "Well, I just wanted to congratulate you. You see, diamonds are forever, and so is the future of professional wrestling with this young man?" "Future daddah? Dis man is already professional wrestling. Tell 'em Joe." "I am Samoa Joe. And I am professional wrestling. And I'm the baddest mother f*cker on the face of this planet." Joe looks menancingly at Flair, before storming out towards the Gorilla Position. Flair looks shocked, but as Joe walks away his look of shock turns to one of pleasure as he realises how powerful Samoa Joe will be to WCW's cause in the long run. [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]WCW Television Championship 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c) v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A real test of spirit here for Rob Van Dam, there is no doubting this man's talent, there's no doubting his agility. But when you put him up against an athlete of the calibre of Samoa Joe, it'll take more than extreme talent to get the cash. Tony Schiavone: "Kick to the back of the knee from Joe... REAR NAKED CHOKE HOLD! It's locked in! That's it...! That's it!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "He goes from strength to strength. The question is, who can stop him?" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Samoa Joe[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]The interruption[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] As Samoa Joe's arm is raised high, Randy Orton's music hits, and the brash youngster comes out alongside 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart. "TELL HIM RANDY!" Jimmy Hart echoes through the megaphone. "TELL HIM BABY!" "In this business, it's about making an impact. And there will be no bigger impact made than at Halloween Havoc when I avoid the Choke Hold, and instead you fall prey to the RKO. You see Samoa Joe, what most of these brain dead morons don't know, but I do, is that you have avoided me every step of the way. That's understandable. But hold that title with pride Joe, because soon... soon it will mine again. That's not arrogance, that's destiny.. Because nobodies better than me!" Orton slams the microphone to the ground, but 'Positively' Chris Kanyon comes up from behind him and picks up the microphone. "You really think? Do you really think that's true? Well let me prove something to you... Who better dan Kanyon? NOBODY!" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Randy Orton v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Randy Orton took exception to Kanyon's comments, and aceeded to accepting Kanyon's quasi challenge. And before we knew it, two prima donnas with the world of talent came face to face on Fire. This was a gripping match, this was one of those matches that helped highlight Orton's growing brilliance in this sport. Where he started to show how good a third generation superstar he could be. At various stages he really took it to Kanyon. Tony Schiavone: "RKO! NO! Pushed off by Kanyon... FLATLINER! FLATLINER! You never take your eyes off this man.." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "They don't call him the Innovator of Offence for nothing.." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Cover him!" But Kanyon merely smiles, nonchalantly placing the boot on him...1...2... He takes it off. He goes back to the corner and waits for Orton to get up... Orton tries a kick to the gut, caught, spun around... KANYON CUTTER! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner: [/B] Via pinfall, Chris Kanyon[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Deoderant[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut into the women's bathroom, where Midajah is overhead talking on her cell, while in a red bra and panties set. Wow... ! "Yeah.. she's a little ho. A little ho, she can't stand that he's with a real woman..." Just then Pamela Paulshock bursts around the corner in a revealing black two piece... she sprays deoderant in the face of Midajah! Right in the eyes! And in the mouth... ! After dropping the cell phone, Pamela picks it up. "The slut can't talk right now.. She's taking a ***** whipping!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'The Black Stallion' Booker T v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "A lot of tension here guys, you can just feel it. And listen to that crowd!!" SEAN! SEAN! SEAN! SEAN! SEAN! 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Booker is frustrated already..." Two pillars of the two opposing factions in this ultimate war of purity versus evilness. Of success versus elitism. Both these men have their eyes on the ultimate prize no doubt, but both also are proud of the side they are on, and will give anything to ensure they get the knock out blow. This match was physical, no backward step, this just an all round excellent main event. Sean O'Haire is developing at such a rate of knots, he's gone from merely looking like a menacing type, to actually having the in ring attributes to back it up. That's in no small part thanks to his exposure with better competitors of late, the likes of Booker T. To his credit, Sean O'Haire is learning all the time and he's now becoming a true staple of the main event. The man yanked on and on, both men were tiring badly. Tony Schiavone: "Left from Booker.. Right from O'Haire... Left from Booker, blocked! European uppercut from O'Haire.. Booker stumbles... Booker goes for a last ditch Book-End.. but Sean O'Haire blocks it... BOOK-END... from Sean O'Haire! Sean O'Haire slowly makes his way over to the ropes. Up he climbs... 1st...2nd turnbuckle... Now to the top.... SEANTONBOMB! YES!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "What a move it is!" Tony Schiavone: "It's over! What a great match!" 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "The outlook in Larry Land is great with this young man on the horizon." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner: [/B] Via pinfall, Sean O'Haire[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]The look[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "What an outstanding win!" 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "Looks like someone was impressed." The Giant is standing at the top of the ramp, shaking his head. 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "I wonder whether it's a head shake of displeasure with the result, or surprise at just how far Sean O'Haire has come!" Tony Schiavone: "Fans that and many many things yet to be answered.. but we're out of time! Tune into Glycerine!" [B]Rating: [/B] A* [B]Attendance:[/B] 10,000

Reply #1001 Just read the pre-show. Glad your enjowing yourself, that's what counts. Cant say I was really into the real WCW as when it died I was ... :eek: 13. I do remember 1 image. Just an image, from 5th grade(around 1998?), looking at some other kids WCW magazine. On the cover a bloody mask Ric Flair. I had no idea who he was, or why he was bloody, but he looked like he wanted more blood, more fight. My thoughts then and now [I]Now that's a man![/I]

[QUOTE=flamebrain;281504][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere Correct Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino v [B]'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista[/B] Incorrect Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct [B]'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B] v Mike Awesome Incorrect [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Correct [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) Correct 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Correct [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Correct [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton Correct 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Correct[/QUOTE] Great effort mate, just two misses both in the undercard. :D [QUOTE=mad5226;281509][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere Correct [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Correct Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] Correct 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm v [B]Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles)[/B] Incorrect It's a good chance to let Storm lose without him losing any real credibility. - hmmm, but like your thinking you know dawg. Not a bad idea. [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) Correct 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Correct WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Correct [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton Correct [B]'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire Incorrect[/QUOTE] Dawg just two misses [QUOTE=Gameseeker;281562][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere Correct [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Correct Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct [B]'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B] v Mike Awesome Incorrect [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Correct [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) Correct 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Correct WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c[/B]) v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Correct [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton Correct [B]'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire Incorrect[/QUOTE] Just two misses dawg, we're on a roll with that trend! [QUOTE=SimplyPerfect;281583][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere [I]SHould be no doubt[/I] Correct, and correct with your view on it matched mine. [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista [I]Something tells me "revenge", but I'll ignore it and back the King of Old School[/I] Correct, revenge is such a sweet toy though. Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]Obviously![/I] Correct, and yep you were right on the comment. 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] [I]I [B]hate[/B] Dreamer[/I] Heh, correct. [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [I]Just cos.[/I] Correct, like the reasoning :D Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust) v [B]D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas)[/B] [I]This entire diary seems to be based around loving D.I.C.K.[/I] No, that's outlaw's diary :cool: Incorrect [B]'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn[/B] v WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk [I]Just a feeling[/I] Incorrect, oh what a feeling, toyota. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/B] (c) v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam [I]Joe won't lose it on a TV show[/I] Correct, well, the TV title has changed hands on non PPV match ups. [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton [I]A lot of these are just stabs in the dark[/I] Correct. And a good stab it is. 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] [I]I backed Booker last time and he let me down. I think.[/I] Correct, go the Phenomenal one[/QUOTE] Just one miss :eek: [QUOTE=keefmoon;281586][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere [I]JK isn't ready for a push yet against the likes Steiner[/I] Correct. Johnny is in development really. [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista [I]I get the feeling big things are on the way for Corino and Rhino[/I] Correct. Correct. Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]Can you say squash match?[/I] Correct. Correct. [B]'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B] v Mike Awesome [I]To give the hardcore division a bit of a boost[/I] Incorrect, although it would have been a good idea huh [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [I]HBK and Storm are two of the bets in the world at this point, Daniels and AJ aren't quite there yet[/I] Correct.. correct. [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) [I]I know you like Rhodes and Juvi so I'll give them the nod[/I] Correct. Nothing wrong with the wierdos, I'm one, and a D.I.C.K too :D 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] [I]Punk's making a dash to the top of the card, and as much as I like Mr JL (and I do) I doubt how far he could really go in WCW.[/I] Correct. Correct. WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c) v [B]'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam[/B] [I]Me fancies a bit of an upset here[/I] Wow that'd have been a hell of an upset. Incorrect dawg. [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton [I]With the right push, you could make Kanyon the be all and end all in your WCW, Orton is a few years away from really taking off in my opinion[/I] Correct. Here's hoping ;) [B]'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire [I]The Bookerman to keep himself at the top of the card. I think Booker needs a win a bit more because O'Haire is still going through the settling period in the main event[/I] Incorrect, personally, just looking at the TEW side of things, Sean has settled like a marthafark. Man he's over Good card, and as always, great diary buddy. Even when I can't post all that much you know I'm reading. That's bro, next up, I'm going to put 15,000 bums on seats at Wembley. Oh you know it's true, it's damn true.[/QUOTE] I think you only missed two bro. [QUOTE=smurphy1014;281622][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere Correct [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Correct Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct [B]'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B] v Mike Awesome Incorrect 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm v [B]Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) [/B] Incorrect [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) Correct 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Correct [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/B] (c) v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Correct [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton Correct 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Correct[/QUOTE] Just two misses dawg, I haven't seen you around these parts, welcome to the Death of WCW :D [QUOTE=Astil;281630][B] 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B] v Johnny Kashmere Steriods vs. Poor Spelleing...I'll take steriods. It worked for Bonds. Heh, correct. Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and [B]'The Animal' Dave Bautista[/B] That's right, just Bautista. Mike = no win. Heh, that's harsh not getting the win in a tag match when your partner wins. Incorrect :D Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Cuz he's big. Yup, correct. [B]'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B] v Mike Awesome Poor Mike. Should change his name. Heh, he's always awesome, 'cept right now, :( Incorrect [B] 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm[/B] v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Because HBK hasn't won in a hot second. Correct, true dat. Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust) v[B] D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas)[/B] Speaking of hot second... Heh, incorrect, looks like everyone like's a piece of D.I.C.K 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Time to start the Punk push? Start? Heh, he's over like a marthafark, I can't believe how much his popularity has increased... He's at B+ across US coincidentally. Correct. WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c) v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Push Draw? Wow. No, but interesting. [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Randy Orton I dunno Heh, correct, yes you did. [B]'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire Booker needs a new handle. Maybe the Black Horse Booker T. Black Horse? He's the black ssssssssstttttttttttaaaaalllliiiioooooonnnnnn baby! Incorrect[/QUOTE] I lost count ;) [QUOTE=keefmoon;281633]How bout the "Dark Horse"? I like that... I like it a lot.[/QUOTE] I like it, I like it a lot. But no. Black Stallion. ;) [QUOTE=Astil;281865]Dark Horse. Like I meant to say. *Looks at what he did say* ... Thats potentialy racist! Tell the WWE, they'll get it into a gimmick right away :D[/QUOTE] Racist? Man, in WWE Booker's just lucky they haven't decided to make him Arab yet and get him to burn the US flag and commit career suicide. Give it 6 months. [QUOTE=flamebrain;282207]Then he HAS to come out to the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LscVHYuaLe8"]Black Beauty theme tune[/URL]![/QUOTE] :D [QUOTE=Astil;282347]If you name Booker T Black Stallion I will revoice him as Eddie Murphey... "IM A STALLION BABY!"[/QUOTE] Eddie Murphy is mega-cool! [QUOTE=sebsplex;282378]Seconded... and give him chaps... ;)[/QUOTE] Chaps? This ain't the Village People bro :D :D :D [QUOTE=wrestlinggod;282648][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [/B]v Johnny Kashmere Correct [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino [/B]v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Correct Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] Correct [B]'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm [/B]v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Uh-oh, you're on a roll, correct. [B]Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust)[/B] v D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas) Gulp, correct. 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v [B]WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk[/B] Shyte, Correct. [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Sweet mother of god, correct. [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Randy Orton Help me... Correct. 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Did you read my dirt sheet? :D [/QUOTE] This man is a guru, or else I'm a hopeless surpriser ... ;) [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;282660][B]'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [/B]v Johnny Kashmere Correct [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino [/B]v 'Above Average' Mike Sanders and 'The Animal' Dave Bautista Correct Trent Acid v [B]The Giant[/B] Correct 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer v[B] Mike Awesome[/B] Correct 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and WCW United States Champion Lance Storm [B][/B]v Excellence in Execution ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and 'The Real Deal' AJ Styles) Just lookign at your coding I'm assuming you were going for HBK and Storm so I'll give you it ;) Shattered Dreams Entertainment ('Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera and Golddust) v [B]D.I.C.K (Disco Inferno and 'Franchise' Shane Douglas)[/B] Incorrect :eek: 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn v WCW World Tag Team Champion CM Punk A draw? Not tonight (for once). [B]WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam Correct [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Randy Orton Correct 'Mr Ladders Match' Booker T v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Correct[/QUOTE] Two misses brudda. [QUOTE=G-Prime;282688]Just thought I'd let you know, I was watching RAW today (had it recorded) and I was wondering whether they'd reveal who kidnapped Rey Mysterio this week... Then I realised that that was here, not on RAW and thought 'Either I'm an idiot, or Tristram rocks' and well, I'm not an idiot ;)[/QUOTE] Heh, being compared to RAW... it's like comparing my porn work to Mr Bean in the sack. I'm a professional :D

[QUOTE=Astil;282706]Reply #1001 Just read the pre-show. Glad your enjowing yourself, that's what counts. Cant say I was really into the real WCW as when it died I was ... :eek: 13. I do remember 1 image. Just an image, from 5th grade(around 1998?), looking at some other kids WCW magazine. On the cover a bloody mask Ric Flair. I had no idea who he was, or why he was bloody, but he looked like he wanted more blood, more fight. My thoughts then and now [I]Now that's a man![/I][/QUOTE] Ric hadn't fought a PPV match unless he'd bladed. There was a few certainties [LIST] [*]He'd fall in his nose [*]He'd WOOOO!! [*]He'd deliver killer chops [*]He'd strut [*]He'd call out to some chick in the front row to ride space mountain [*]He'd go to the apron, lose balance, miraculously climb the turnbuckle and then nose flop [*]And he'd bleed like he was interested in a job on General Hospital [/LIST] Ric Flair was the man, especially heel, he'd get them going on the microphone, and then in the ring he'd beg off and then throw in the low blow for good measure when the good guy turned away. He was vintage. Absolute vintage. He could make a broom handle or hell even Brutus the Barber Beefcake look good in the ring. He was a true hero in terms of wrestling.

About the show 1) Why you making me look bad. :mad: 2) Sweet Chin Music ... not The Heartbreak Hotel? 3) What's the flatliner look like? 4) Goddammit push RVD for petes sake 5) Booker "BLLAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKK STAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLION BABY!" 6) Loving the Taker personification 7) Why you not giving D.I.C.K. a rub recently 8) Booker "Stallion!"

[QUOTE=mad5226;282720]great show man...and that's why I should NEVER go against Lance Storm[/QUOTE] Dawg, he's your favourite. And he's a great wrestler. [QUOTE=Astil;282721]About the show 1) Why you making me look bad. :mad: [/quote] Heh, dawg, if anyone came out of it good, you did. After all, you get to revoice Donkey baby. [quote]2) Sweet Chin Music ... not The Heartbreak Hotel?[/quote] I like it, I like it a lot. A bit slow on the uptake, so I went with SCM. I'm just thinking whether HB Hotel would be something you'd more associate with the Honkey Tonk Man... you know, the whole Elvis thing. Speaking of which, was his anniversary a week or so ago, what a performer he was. [quote]3) What's the flatliner look like?[/quote] It's like a facebuster. [quote]4) Goddammit push RVD for petes sake[/quote] He's like a few of them mate, he's a project. He just isn't ready yet. [quote]5) Booker "BLLAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKK STAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLION BABY!"[/quote] There you go, see... you look good. You look good. Good boy. Sit ubu sit. [quote]6) Loving the Taker personification[/quote] Thank you kindly. [quote][7) Why you not giving D.I.C.K. a rub recently[/quote] No comment. [quote]8) Booker "Stallion!"[/QUOTE] Woot :D

[QUOTE=tristram;282703][CENTER][U]Prologue[/U][/CENTER] It is with a real sense of satisfaction, excitement and a sense of achievement to some degree that this episode of Friday Fire signifies the 1000th reply to [I]The Death of WCW?[/I] I can honestly say I did not expect this story to be going this well this far into things, but I'm glad in many respects because as you all know about me from the year or so I've been in this forum I have a deep love of World Championship Wrestling, and a deep ripping pain still that she is gone. Post card I would love to just sit right back and remember some of the truly awesome times in World Championship Wrestling. Not the times that led to the death of it, but the cruisers, the 'Radicalz', the Four Horsemen, Sting, the Japanese invasion, the icons like Flair, Funk, Steamboat who graced the WCW ring, the vivacious beauties like Miss Elizabeth, Torrie, Stacey Keibler and Woman, Raven's flock, a 7'0" man who started off with the ability to moonsault and drop kick, Mike Tenay's excessive knowledge of lucha libre history, Disco fever, Hey...Hey Yo, the man who perhaps at the end personified the good things about WCW in terms of the spirit of the company Hugh Morrus, the never say die come from nowhere attitude of Diamond Dallas Page, Team Canada... some truly great memories. Thank you WCW, thank you for the amazing times. And most importantly, thank you to all the fans of [I]The Death of WCW?[/I] I've had some great regulars along for the ride, but I must pay a special homage to keefmoon and theoutlaw321. You blokes have gone on to do such tremendous dynasties of your own, I look at your diaries as great sources of inspiration and creativity. Thanks also for your friendship on the boards, you two blokes are the blokes I've probably talked to most on PM (man I'm sad, I have two PM friends in nearly 2 years :D ), you're a credit to these boards, keep up the enthusiasm and the dedication. Thanks to everyone else, as I've said before time and time again, if this was getting no responses, then quite frankly the show doesn't go on. I've said it before, I'll say it again, not concerned whether the replies are constructive criticisms, jokes, reminiscing about times gone by, heck even personal discussions, if you're taking the time to read and click reply then it makes my job all seem worthwhile and I truly appreciate that. God bless to one and all, the show must go on. Let's see if we can make it to 2,000 replies? :D [/QUOTE] Mate, I won't be so bold as to speak for keef(I'm sure he will weigh in on his own,) but as I've said before, many times before. Way before Battlelines debuted, way back when I did nothing but lurk these forums, I fell in love with this story that you were weaving. This has been the first diary that I check out when I get on, and will always be as long as you continue to tell your story. I grew up NWA and naturally involved into WCW. I hated Vince and the cartoon era WWF. I still absolutely despise Hulk Hogan. I bleed NWA/WCW. That's why this is such a pleasure for me. You have made WCW real again. Righted the wrongs and are taking the promotion to heights that they had never dreamed of. As WCW crumbled into mediocrity, I stopped watching. This makes it enjoyable again, seeing all the talents booked with your flair. Keep it up. As long as you do you know that you will always have one reader here, posting pushing you towards 2000 and beyond.

[QUOTE=tristram;282703][CENTER]And most importantly, thank you to all the fans of [I]The Death of WCW?[/I] I've had some great regulars along for the ride, but I must pay a special homage to keefmoon and theoutlaw321. You blokes have gone on to do such tremendous dynasties of your own, I look at your diaries as great sources of inspiration and creativity. Thanks also for your friendship on the boards, you two blokes are the blokes I've probably talked to most on PM (man I'm sad, I have two PM friends in nearly 2 years :D ), you're a credit to these boards, keep up the enthusiasm and the dedication.[/QUOTE] Bloody hell, get over yourself, it's just a diary :p Seriously man, that was lovely. I'm glad you like my diary, you were the person I most wnated to impress with it because this is and always has been my favourite diary from the moment it started. Your ability to push through a new era of main eventers is unbeatable in my opinion and you have managed to nail the beautiful essence of WCW without dragging all the rubbish along with it like real life dubceedub did. This is one of, if not the greatest diary ever on here, so any feedback I've given you isn't something for you to thank me for (if you get my meaning), I should be thanking you. And besides, you give the best group hugs in the shower of anyone I've ever met. On a personal level you are one of my favourite guys on here and our chats via PM about Vince McMahon, WCW, NWA, WWF, Jerry Brisco etc were my favourite chats I think I've had on the internet. You're a top fella and I can't wait to see what else you offer us as you go on to 2000 posts. Now get back in the shower, it's time for a hug.

RE: 1000 replies... Sssssssssensasssuna, babuh. Dat's funkay. Dat's the Americun Dweem. Tremendous job, Trist. There were times in reading the diary that you were going to have guys like Taker and HBK take over from the WCW guys, but you didn't. Freakin' Chris Kanyon was a former world champion, Booker T is massively over, and so is, of all people, Sean O'Haire. In a shocking turn of events, new people are being developed in a manner that WCW never had dared to do. I'm not sure any of it would have gone down in such a perfect manner IRL, but it is nice to dream, right? Here's to another 1000!

[QUOTE=tristram;282715] He was vintage. Absolute vintage. He could make a broom handle or hell even [B]Brutus the Barber Beefcake[/B] look good in the ring. He was a true hero in terms of wrestling.[/QUOTE] Hey! I thought we weren't mentioning him around here anymore? Because if the moratorium (which lasted what? a week?) is over I got some things I need to get off my chest about those gigantic scissors :p

Any chance of the greatest worker in wrestling history, The Ultimate Warrior, being brought in for a short run at the title? This is a great diary and the only thing that would improve it was an appearance by The Warrior!!! Load the spaceship with the rocket fuuuuuuueeeeeeeeelllllllllllll!!!!!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwglycerinewx7.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]The Card[/SIZE] [I]Featuring the return of the Undertaker![/I][/CENTER] WCW Tag Team Champion 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn The Backseat Boyz v The Outsiders D.I.C.K v The Anarchists Mike Awesome v Billy Kidman The Perfect Event v Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino WCW Television Championship: 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe v Crowbar The Undertaker v Golddust Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon Goldberg v Randy Orton 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, 'Black Stallion' Booker T v 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera, WCW United States Champion Lance Storm and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire [CENTER][I]Duff Man, Ooh Yeah[/I][/CENTER]

WCW Tag Team Champion 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper v [B]'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn[/B] Lynn beats Skipper in an attempt to avenge his loss to Punk last week. The Backseat Boyz v [B]The Outsiders[/B] I want them to split though...Hall for champ~ [B]D.I.C.K[/B] v The Anarchists I've always been a Disco mark. Not much for Mark/Judas Jindrack, or anything having to do with Kevin Sullivan. [B]Mike Awesome[/B] v Billy Kidman Tough, but I don't think Billy has been booked much lately. That needs to change. The Perfect Event v [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] The Perfect Event are the jobbers of the tag division, and The Network rox my sox. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/B] v Crowbar Even though I'd mark for a Crowbar victory. Daphne needs to come back and try to steal him from Midajah/Paulshock. [B]The Undertaker[/B] v Golddust Taker is still undefeated, yes? I don't expect him to drop his first L on TV to the son of a son of a plumber, no matter how awesome that plumber's grandson may be. Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] Who bedda? [B]Goldberg[/B] v Randy Orton Randy's destiny? Spear. Jackhammer. Splat. 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, 'Black Stallion' Booker T v [B]'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera, WCW United States Champion Lance Storm and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Tough match to call, but Storm and O'Haire are on monster pushes right now, and Juvie has called out Booker as the man who kidnapped Rey Jr. Booker plays the "heel on the run" to perfection, The Giant doesn't win much, and DDP is kinda spinning his wheels.

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;282730]Mate, I won't be so bold as to speak for keef(I'm sure he will weigh in on his own,) but as I've said before, many times before. Way before Battlelines debuted, way back when I did nothing but lurk these forums, I fell in love with this story that you were weaving. This has been the first diary that I check out when I get on, and will always be as long as you continue to tell your story. I grew up NWA and naturally involved into WCW. I hated Vince and the cartoon era WWF. I still absolutely despise Hulk Hogan. I bleed NWA/WCW. That's why this is such a pleasure for me. You have made WCW real again. Righted the wrongs and are taking the promotion to heights that they had never dreamed of. As WCW crumbled into mediocrity, I stopped watching. This makes it enjoyable again, seeing all the talents booked with your flair. Keep it up. As long as you do you know that you will always have one reader here, posting pushing you towards 2000 and beyond.[/QUOTE] You say you grew up NWA... did you get to go to many of the shows? Who were the blokes you went for? Living down under, NWA was really not known at all to us, except in the early 80s where Ric Flair and Harley Race traded the titles back and forth (now apparently not sanctioned title changes) in our little country. Other than that, our boxes were flooded with WWF stuff with the advent of Hulkamania. So to say I'm envious... yup. [QUOTE=keefmoon;282764]Bloody hell, get over yourself, it's just a diary :p Seriously man, that was lovely. I'm glad you like my diary, you were the person I most wnated to impress with it because this is and always has been my favourite diary from the moment it started. Your ability to push through a new era of main eventers is unbeatable in my opinion and you have managed to nail the beautiful essence of WCW without dragging all the rubbish along with it like real life dubceedub did. This is one of, if not the greatest diary ever on here, so any feedback I've given you isn't something for you to thank me for (if you get my meaning), I should be thanking you. And besides, you give the best group hugs in the shower of anyone I've ever met. On a personal level you are one of my favourite guys on here and our chats via PM about Vince McMahon, WCW, NWA, WWF, Jerry Brisco etc were my favourite chats I think I've had on the internet. You're a top fella and I can't wait to see what else you offer us as you go on to 2000 posts. Now get back in the shower, it's time for a hug.[/QUOTE] Heh, Jerry Brisco. Man, seriously, you've got to have Jerry Brisco critique one of your shows.. .It'd be mad! I'd mark out fo shore. [QUOTE=marchhaire;282815]RE: 1000 replies... Sssssssssensasssuna, babuh. Dat's funkay. Dat's the Americun Dweem. Tremendous job, Trist. There were times in reading the diary that you were going to have guys like Taker and HBK take over from the WCW guys, but you didn't. Freakin' Chris Kanyon was a former world champion, Booker T is massively over, and so is, of all people, Sean O'Haire. In a shocking turn of events, new people are being developed in a manner that WCW never had dared to do. I'm not sure any of it would have gone down in such a perfect manner IRL, but it is nice to dream, right? Here's to another 1000![/QUOTE] Yeah dawg, Amewican Dweam fo shore. I think the one thing that would prevent it going down IRL would have been the insane politics of wrestling. Meh, but I have to dream right? But the way, you have to dream too, I want to see your diary roll on bro. [QUOTE=Imarevenant;282887]Hey! I thought we weren't mentioning him around here anymore? Because if the moratorium (which lasted what? a week?) is over I got some things I need to get off my chest about those gigantic scissors :p[/QUOTE] Well... if it's stressing you that much dawg, Brutii away... Testify brother, testify :D [QUOTE=The Warrior;282895]Any chance of the greatest worker in wrestling history, The Ultimate Warrior, being brought in for a short run at the title? This is a great diary and the only thing that would improve it was an appearance by The Warrior!!! Load the spaceship with the rocket fuuuuuuueeeeeeeeelllllllllllll!!!!![/QUOTE] WCW kinda did that, and went kinda bung. Keep tuning in dawg, you never know when the uuuullllltttiiiimmmaaaaahhhtttttt one might appear. Same Warrior place, same Warrior time, same Warrior CHHAAANNNNNNNEEEEELLLLLL!

WCW Tag Team Champion 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper v [B]'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [/B] Because he's Mr. Wrestling, duh. The Backseat Boyz v [B]The Outsiders[/B] They get squashed together this time! D.I.C.K v [B]The Anarchists[/B] Because Tristram hates D.I.C.K. Mike [B]Awesome[/B] v Billy Kidman Just his last name wins. Then gets a divorce from his first name. Next week on RAW. The Perfect Event v [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] Another push match for Foley's Boys WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/B] v Crowbar Joe is dominating lately. Perhaps he's the new Goldberg? [B]The Undertaker[/B] v Golddust Oh, c'mon. If this match lasts longer than 5 minutes, I swear to Bob... Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] Non-title means non win Goldberg v [B]Randy Orton[/B] RKO!RKO!RKO! Upset city baby! 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, 'Black Stallion' Booker T v ['Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera, WCW United States Champion Lance Storm and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire Push. For some reason I wanna say Rey comes back here and starts f'n EVERYONE up, just cause he's a lil pissed off luchador. [B]Duff Man,[/B] Ooh Yeah

[QUOTE=tristram;283168]Yeah dawg, Amewican Dweam fo shore. I think the one thing that would prevent it going down IRL would have been the insane politics of wrestling. Meh, but I have to dream right? But the way, you have to dream too, I want to see your diary roll on bro.[/QUOTE] Tomorrow. ;)

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]From the Memoirs of John Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Most things tended to point north for World Championship Wrestling at this stage. A positive series of results in the profit and loss report were beginning to offset the last couple of years of abysmal failures, and starting to relieve some of the tension in AOL Time Warner about the state of the balance sheet. "We're giving you the chance," Jamie Kellner said back at my appointment in January 2000, "To prove us all wrong. This will fail. This will die. And there is nothing you can do about it. For some reason that bewilders the board of AOL Time Warner, you believe you can turn around this sinking ship, the mother of all Titanics and make it float again. Each month your results will be reviewed, and we will reserve the right at any point in time to shut the promotion down should it not follow our key strategies, one of which is to ensure all joint ventures in the merger are profitable in the long term for the stakeholders at large." "It goes against everything we are about," another director added. "To place the responsibility of this arm of our merged entity into the hands of a man as inexperienced as yourself, let alone to any man at all. But we are committed to providing your passion with an outlet to create history. Rest assured, at any point in time, we could pull the pin." I knew that I had a difficult job, every night I systematically sat with the booking team to oversee them putting together the show. I gave them the guideline, I gave them the vision. I had seen enough of World Championship Wrestling since Starrcade 1997 to know what not to do to be successful long term. In fact, if I could paint a picture for a fellow Chief Executive Officer to turn around World Championship Wrestling, it would be to simply reverse everything the promotion stood for in the past. Given the seriousness of the situation, and the board baying for the blood of World Championship Wrestling, all members of which had the authority to lobby for and successfully shut down decades of history, I knew I had to manage every component of the promotion as well as I could, and hope like hell that luck was on my side. The doubts though were swirling through my mind given a recent tragedy. The abduction of our World Heavyweight Champion, 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr made my heart beat as fast as an Arytton Senna driven formula one car. We had mapped out a full program for Rey, to not only get him over truly as a viable champion, but to add some class and prestige to the belt. To make it known to the world that there were no particular guidelines to whom could be a World Heavyweight Champion, except desire, popularity, charisma and skill. I was constantly sick and tired of being reminded that most champions of the past were 35 plus, weighed in the 250 to 350 pound bracket, were basic workers in the ring and were largely appointed to the belt due to political assassinations of others more deserving. Rey Mysterio Jr had a real tie to people south of the border, he had a truly trans-global reach, and the level of improvement in his skill set over the past 9 months was truly astounding. Gone were the days when Rey Mysterio Jr was merely a high spot monkey with a heart of gold, he could truly start to tell a good story in the ring, his understanding of the basics was great, he was consistent, and his technical skills were improving wildly. So it was just reward when the belt was put on him at Fall Brawl. It really felt as if that one single move was a massive step in destroying all those unfair guidelines of what a champion should or should not be, and I think it opened up new markets for us. So when the champion was abducted not long after Fall Brawl, it placed our future in serious jeopardy. It was the exact vein of black blood of lack of control that various board members were waiting for. And like parasitic vultures they circled above my head, in fact, they were so far up me about it that they could tell what I had for breakfast when they brushed their teeth that night. The entire locker room was in a state of melt down as well. We had to find more money from AOL Time Warner to increase security, not only at the arena but in between shows to make our talents feel more secure. Several competitors made it known they were considering jumping ship due to the turmoil going on, and some of those talents were enough to really sink the knife into me. I feel as though I could book a good show without them with a bit of creative license, but I also knew that those vultures would breed enormous contempt into the overall board perspective of World Championship Wrestling. To say the last month had been a roller coaster put it mildly. I had gone to the heights of Mt Everest, and now had fallen to the pits of hell. All in all, I was desperate. I would give anything to get Rey Mysterio Jr back. My entire career rested upon it, but not only that, so did probably the future of a once truly great promotion, and all the good vibes it stood for in professional wrestling. A promotion where we promoted actual wrestling, with the soap opera secondary and there to hype the matches rather than the other way around. A promotion where the ones who would work hard were rewarded with no preconceived notions of where a talent could end up. This was World Championship Wrestling, but for how much longer?

Before I make my predictions I just thought I should tell you, even though I know wrestling is fake, and this is only a game I'm starting to really think something happened to Rey, that says a lot about your writing ability man. Another great story...keep em coming. The Card Featuring the return of the Undertaker! [B]WCW Tag Team Champion 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn I really like the way you've used Skipper he deserves everything you've gave him so far The Backseat Boyz v [B]The Outsiders[/B] [B]D.I.C.K[/B] v The Anarchists [B]Mike Awesome[/B] v Billy Kidman The Perfect Event v [B]Rhino and 'King of Old School' Steve Corino[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe[/B] v Crowbar [B]The Undertaker[/B] v Golddust It's his return he can't lose...can he? Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] Only because it's nontitle and I expect something to happen [B]Goldberg[/B] v Randy Orton 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, 'Black Stallion' Booker T v 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera, [B]WCW United States Champion Lance Storm and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] I don't think I have to explain myself on this one =)

Archived