The Death of WCW?

"With the year's end came the announcement of $62 million in losses. How did it happen? Hideous booking and one bad show after another caused pay-per-view buy rates and house show revenues to plunge. Advertising revenues plunged, due to Nitro being cut to two hours and to the elimination of WCW Saturday Night. Wrestlers, both on TV and in media interviews, buried the company for its incompetence, making fans feel stupid for having supported the product were so long. Countless millions were spent on stupid things: limos getting destroyed, helicopters, junkyard battle royals, contract money paid to guys who never appeared on television even once, commercials and newspaper ads plugging the wrong air dates for shows, and so on..." [I]The Death of WCW, RD Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez - purchase it on Amazon, a great read, a saddening read for us true WCW fans.[/I] What a nightmarish situation to inherit. WCW is on the brink of falling apart at the seams. The company has made several fatal mistakes, from the misuse, abuse and finally loss of the "Vanilla Midgets" to the inability to finish matches, to wrestle instead of show soap opera on low and behold a wrestling show. And finally, the unthinkable is beginning to happen. WCW, bankrolled by Ted Turner and therefore seemingly impregnable, is facing an identity crisis. It's facing a financial crisis. It's facing a marketing crisis. It's facing a potentially terminal crisis. If this was a horse, you'd take it out the back and humanely put it out of it's misery. Once such a proud thoroughbred, WCW took it's position for granted, believed the hype that billionaire Ted would never allow WCW to die regardless of what personal politicking the major parties took part in, now, it's on it's death bed. Ready to be put out of it's misery. The following is the story of one man's unenviable quest to achieve Mission Impossible. Turn around WCW. U-surp the sinking ship. Take the graffiti down. Destroy the testimonies and obituraries being written. Not only is one man now seemingly responsible for saving WCW, he's also responsible for saving professional wrestling's credibility. Would you like professional wrestling to become largely a monopoly? Would you like professional wrestling to be the same show, week in, week out - sexual implications, short wrestling matches, skits, played out in the midst of a family soap opera? Whether fans believed it or not yet, if WCW died, so too probably would the very ethos of this sports entertainment dominated professional wrestling era. The era of competition, of diversity, would largely be over. Most pundits recognise ECW is terminally ill and faces a grim future, what price of professional wrestling turning into a charrade if both ECW, and WCW bow down to Vincent Kennedy McMahon Junior and the World Wrestling Federation media conglomerate. That man, John Simpson. A man with an unquenshable thirst and appetite for professional wrestling. Wrestling was his life, it flowed through his veins, his heart pumped professional wrestling. Whether it was reading up on Bruno Sammartino fighting Gorilla Monsoon at Madison Square Garden, reliving his personal memories of watching Wahoo McDaniel fighting Greg the Hammer Valentine in Charlotte North Carolina, whether it was his personal experience of being a backstage worker as Rowdy Roddy Piper defied the odds and beat Greg the Hammer Valentine in a dog collar match at Starrcade '83, or whether it was watching the indies for the past ten years watching brilliant young performers who never had that midas touch to reach into the top echelons, Simpson loved it all. But like many modern day fans, he also 'hated' it. "It" being the politicking, the screwball storylines, the poor writing on shows, the vociferous attempts of professional wrestlers to play down the truth of professional wrestling and highlight the lack of integrity and discipline in the sport. So with that, on the stroke of midnight 2000, with WCW according to most insiders heading into it's final year, Ted Turner rolled the dice for the last time, and put John Simpson in charge of World Championship Wrestling as Executive President of World Championship Wrestling, immediately assigning Simpson to overview not only the on screen storylines, but contracts, finances, marketing, the full shebang. Executive roles usually come with a lot of stress, heartache and exasperation, but whether any in the corporate empire of America matched Simpson's new role was debatable. The situation was akin to a neurosurgeon attemping the world's most difficult brain surgery, or an astronaught having to pilot his flame ball screwed up rocket module back into the middle of the Pacific Ocean in a desperate bid to survive, either though his rudderless hovel is pointing deadset at the middle of Kansas City. Pressure did not come any more real than this. And Simpson knew it. But he did not realise just how pressurised the situation really was, until he started his new job on New Years Day, 2001. He arrived at his office at 5:54AM, eager to get an early start, and from there, his blood pressure sky-rocketed, his forrid aged 20 years, he started losing hair, and despair ran rampant. The following story is his story, as he attempts to drag WCW out of the myre....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... After quickly accessing the World Championship Wrestling server, Simpson was aghast at nearly everything he saw. So much so that by 5:58AM he had picked up his cell phone and dialled what would probably become a familiar number. "Yeah.. Hello..?" Answered a croaky bed ridden voice. "Vince.." "Yeah.. What time is it.. Who.. Who is it?" "It's D-day Vince, and this is your new boss, John Simpson. I hope the hotel in Atlanta last night was cosy..." "Yeah.. thanks... What do you want?" "Your as$, down here, pronto, I want you here by 0730 hours, in my office. Goodbye.." And with that, without even giving Vince Russo a chance to answer, John Simpson clicked cancel and ended the call. Russo arrived, no hoopla, the day's of arriving to WCW Headquarters for a crisis meeting expecting breakfast and champagne were done with, if World Championship Wrestling wanted to try and set an example at the top and ultimately survive. The atmosphere was tense, it was surreal - think about this for a second, your authority has been undermined and ripped away from you in the click of a finger or two from 'Billionaire Ted'. Picture this if you will, the man with the inflated ego who without a shadow of a doubt believes he made the World Wrestling Federation what it is today with his writing ability euphorically breathed to life through the [I]Attitude[/I] era was now going to be reporting to a nobody. To a [I]neville nobody[/I]. To a [I]vanilla midget[/I] if you must. There was no firm handshake between the two men, if anything, the handshake was decidely uneasy. But Simpson's eyes told the story. His eyes tried to tell Russo the true extent of World Championship Wrestling's predicament. Certainly there had been discussions, certainly there had been innuendo, there had definitely been speculation. But nothing was really put into context the way Simpson's eyes led Russo to believe. His eyes told a story as magically as Ric Flair told one in the ring, and because of that, Vince Russo had no price but to drop his pride, deflate his ego, and cooperate with Simpson. Russo was an interesting character. He was aggressive, he was intelligent, but he was somewhat risky. He genuinely believed the hype. His hype. That he was the man behind the Attitude era, he was the man who turned around the World Wrestling Federation into a clearly dominant player in the sports entertainment market. He was the man in his eyes who had mastered what he dubbed crash TV. He was still though somewhat oblivious to his failings, the failings of Ed Ferrara, the failings of Eric Bischoff. He had a high external locus of control, he really honestly believed the reason it had not completely clicked yet in his regime was external factors - luck and lack of trust from management and wrestlers. He had a high need for Power, a low need for affiliation, and a moderate need for achievement. At the end of the day, his ego strength demanded he be the man who would be lauded with saving World Championship Wrestling and in fact, destroy the World Wrestling Federation, but he had built up such a forcefield of resistance to cold hard truth that he was unwilling or unable to accept the fact that at World Championship Wrestling he had been largely a failure. The two men sat down, Simpson's desk was a mess, with reports strewn to the side of the desk. It had seemed his first day was no mere formality, no induction process was necessary, he had heard some of the innuendo and decided to get stuck in. But he knew for Russo's failings previously, that he indeed did hold somewhat of the key to the turnaround in World Championship Wrestling, from terminally sick, and alive and kicking and beating the three count, if that was possible. "Vince," Simpson said with a clear voice. "The situation, you must understand, or you must be told, it's dire.." "It's not as god damn well bad as though god damn internet kids..." He was interrupted promptly. "Read my lips Vince, the situation is diabolical here. You know what, I get in here Vince, and I have 54 emails. Fifty-four. At the stroke of midnight we made this agreement Vince. At the stroke of midnight. My account was set up by Turner IT gurus at approximately 1:43 AM. It's a little after 7:30 Vince, within 6 hours I've fifty-four emails. From concerned fans, to concerned Turner executives, to concerned sponsors, to concerned wrestlers. Each and every one of this organisation's stakeholders it seems, is concerned. They're pessimistic. The amount of innuendo about pulling funding, and get this, believe it or night, television slots is incredible. This is fever pitch Vince." The reality was slowly but surely starting to sink into the brain of Vince Russo. A complex dungeon of complex issues swirled around in that brain. He was brilliant, he was somewhat rugged, but like most people, he was somewhat flawed at combining all his attributes into achieving goals for the wider good. "To be honest, god damn I had no idea it was like that. What do we do? For six god damn years I worked my a$$ off for Vince McMahon, then I shocked the wrestling world and headed down here. I thought, hell, I'm Vince god damn Russo, I can turn this thing around. And you know what? I get here and what am I hit with? The BS politics. From day one, I've been held back by the BS backstage. And you god damn know what, kicking Hulk Hogan to the curb was the best god damn decision this company has ever made. And that's a promise. Then I lose some clout to the old boys out the back, and god damn Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn, Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko they all swear to god, no word of a lie man, they up and leave. Bret Hart is out injured no less. All of a sudden, the god damn best of the best are gone. And I'm for the love of god left to try and scratch together a show with Kevin Nash, one legged Hulk, and the like not only playing their parts, but screwing their parts. I'm god damn sick of seeing Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, these guys who bust their a$$ week in week out get screwed over for these guys. They're the problem John, we fix that, we fix everything." "Perhaps, perhaps you are on to something. I agree in theory with what you're saying. But you know what, to quote a famous person from not too long ago, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. You never can pick the card you're dealt. You just have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to run. And despite the product looking a little bit mundane currently, lets be honest and admit for a second that over the past 5 years this company has missed the boat. The guys you named, plus Mysterio, plus Juventud Guerrera, even Disco Inferno, some of the old guys too with genuine heart for this organisation like Sting and Ric Flair should have been at the top - out of the big three, Hulk, Hart and Nash, the only one who should have maintained top spot over a period of time was Bret Hart. Yet, we missed the boat there, and now look what's happened." "..And that god damn sonofabitch Goldb.." "Don't go there Vince, as much as I agree he doesn't tell the best stories in the ring, for some reason, Goldberg is hot. The people love him. Let's not screw over perhaps our last remaining flickering light. Let's use him right. And use our roster right. Keep our options open. Tonight marks a new era, but to make this successful Vince, I need your support. Otherwise, we'll be scooping meat packs off the back of a truck in the snow of Minneapolis, with Easy E. Deal?" With that, the hand of Simpson is extended, Russo reluctantly hands his across also. But this handshake is different. It's more firm. It's more trusting. Trust Faith Integrity Entertainment And above all, hot in-ring wrestling product They are the new motto's of which World Championship Wrestling will base itself around. But can even that work?

Times are tough. It was only day one. It was nearing midday and as of yet John Simpson had yet to have any definitive idea about what to do with the company, let alone what show to put on tonight. At least John could revel in the satisfaction that the previous promoters of this organisation left things until the last second, five minutes before the show even to organise the show. Three years ago, when World Championship Wrestling was externally at it's peak, but internally falling apart and driving the nail into their own company coffin, just about every member of the World Championship Wrestling roster was a household name amongst the sports entertainment target market. Nowadays, only a select few would be given significantly air time in any professional wrestling discussion. Sting, Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, Ric Flair. Ric Flair. That's right, the Nature Boy. Despite World Championship Wrestling doing their very best to destroy him as an elite campaigner, trying to promote rather than hide his age while preventing him from exuding his in and out of ring class, Flair still remained popular. And given that that was despite having been put through a fake heart attack angle, despite losing by pinfall to Hulk Hogan - which in itself does not seem too major, except when you realise the match was a four corners strap match, despite being part of the hottest formation in wrestling at the time in the Four Horsemen and having it promptly screwed over and disbanded by Eric Bischoff, despite losing regularly and badly in his own home town of Charlotte North Carolina, despite all that, Flair was still a hot commodity. While he was hot to the public, internally the Nature Boy was a wreck. He was a nervous wreck. His self confidence was shot to hell and back. He truly was starting to believe the hype conveyed by Eric Bischoff that indeed his day's were over, and that he was nothing more than a hopeless never was has been with little to no marketable talent. Flair was not alone in being cruelly destroyed by previous World Championship Wrestling administrations. The people destroyed to promote Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg and Eric Bischoff were unbelievably marketable. Of course, there were the "Vanilla Midgets" like Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko - who despite being arguably both within the top five in ring performers of all time, were held back by the politics backstage. Of course there were the other "Radicalz" the legendary Eddie Guerrero and uniquely talented Perry Saturn too. Never mind, all four of those men were now setting the ring on fire in World Wrestling Federation. Slowly, all four of those men appeared as pall bearers carrying World Championship Wrestling's coffin to the grave, each with a s****** perhaps, but more importantly each with a look of indignant lack of belief in how badly they were handled. Sad, but true. If that was bad enough, there were others. Perhaps the greatest professional wrestler of all time, "The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be, the Excellence of Execution" Bret "The Hitman" Hart was yet another guy horribly used. Despite coming off the back of the infamous Montreal screwjob which should have, if utilised correctly, brought the fat lady to the podium to sing for the World Wrestling Federation, despite the emotion surrounding Bret's brother Owen's unfortunately, untimely and cruel death in the World Wrestling Federation, despite the fact that Bret Hart could make a great match with a walking stick (although this was never practised with WCW's own walking stick, Hulk Hogan), Bret was never promoted as well as he should have been. To give an example, with the entire wrestling world buzzing with Hart's screwjob, WCW failed to book him for Starrcade the following Pay-Per-View, no, they gave him a corny three minute fling to save Sting and Larry Zbysko. Now, due to poor workmanship from Bill Goldberg, Bret Hart's career was no more. Despite being the most marketable man of the current era, Hart was mishandled, mis-used, if indeed used at all. Surely Hart would be a hot babyface following the Montreal screwjob, right? Not according to WCW who booked him as a midcard face lackey to Hulk Hogan. Sad, but true. Then there was Sting. Perhaps booked in the most ingenius storyline of all time, after a long drawn out storyline finally battling Hulk Hogan at Starrcade to promptly reaffirm WCW's strength against the New World Order. He got the win, ableit not even him at that stage was allowed to go over cleanly against Hogan. And then what happened with him after that despite possibly being the hottest ever wrestling commodity at any one given point at that very stage? Soon enough the title was around the waist of Randy Savage, and Sting was gone from the mythical lone warrior to partying with K-Dawg and Kevin Nash in the Wolfpack. Sad, but true. Even then there was a fairly ordinary worker, but one with charisma and appeal in Buff Bagwell. Let me reiterate, a very ordinary worker who had his neck broken no less by Rick Steiner. And how did they bring Bagwell back from that? Despite the wrestling world giving him lots of babyface sympathy at the time, they promptly turned him heel and killed off any fire he may have ever had a chance of having. Sad, but true. And what about Raven? Perhaps not the greatest worker, he could still tell a magnificent story in the ring, and was a great interview. Pushed? No. He got to sit in the front row at ringside though most weeks. Sad, but true. And then was Rey Mysterio Jr. The man was a legend behind the mask, but according to Eric Bischoff was unmarketable. So what did they do? Have him lose his mask. Against all manners of tradition in lucha libre. And what did it reveal? A man with a 12 year old face. While he was loved with the mask, without it he was fairly average in appearance. Even the likes of Curt Hennig, a massive star in the World Wrestling Federation were promptly bought, and de-pushed. Why? Perhaps it was a show of dominance from World Championship Wrestling. You're only from [I]there[/I], so you stay down. Similar to the ironic comical and something dispicable booking shown to the American Dream Dusty Rhodes when he went to the World Wrestling Federation as the man in the yellow polka dot spandex suit, Curt Hennig, one of the greatest wrestlers period of all time became... a cowboy. Yes, that is not a typo, a cowboy. WCW was it's lowest point. The company was still over, but due to a series of outlandishly uncontrollable pushes given to the likes of Hulk Hogan, thanks in part to his creative control clause, Kevin Nash, because he was at one time the booker of the company, Bill Goldberg, probably started on the notion that he looked similar to Steve Austin, only he won all the time so he was better (note the sarcasm), and Sid Vicious the man who was (in)famous primarily for four things - double crossing the WWF by going asking the booking at Wrestlemania by kicking out of Hogan's leg drop unscripted, stabbing Arn Anderson a WCW legend after an argument in England, and reportedly soiling himself in ring against the Undertaker, and of course who would ever forget this gem of a promo quote "You know that you are half the man I am and I have half the brain you do" - but very little else, their massive ego pushes managed to somehow erode, destroy and bury the likes of Sting, Flair, Guerrero, Benoit, Chris Jericho, Mysterio Jr, Malenko, Raven, Saturn all of whom had the potential collectively to take WCW to the brink of being set for life. Sadly, due to the politics and ridiculous booking, it was not to be. Simpson sat back for ten minutes, not raising a pen, but doing the most energising work he would ever do. Remembering back to those pains previously mentioned, and then trying to figure a way out of this mess. Countless times his mind fought with him telling him it was impossible. But through all the haze of the self doubt, Simpson could rely on one of the many messages on his telephone voicemail. "This is the greatest promotion alive folks, this is the greatest period of our sport, and this will be absolutely unbelievably great under you." To be fair, and to qualify that comment, the call had come from Tony Schiavone. Who would tell you until he was blue in the face that WCW's sh!t did not stink. At least although it was a crock, it gave Simpson some hope that there was light at the end of this murky tunnel. [B][U]Are these men going to end up as being responsible for the death of WCW?[/U][/B] [IMG]http://movie-cast.com/hulk_hogan.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.bsww.de/wrestler/bios/Vicious.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/BillGoldbergPicture.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.collectr.com/wr/images/wpnashk.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Tarheelia]Your write ups have actually gotten me a bit excited and put a smile on my face. Well-done my friend. I'll be reading this for damn sure. P.S. This also makes me want to get the Death of WCW book lol.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. Death of WCW is a terrific book. I can strongly recommend it. But, then again, I will also strongly recommend Tangled Ropes by Superstar Billy Graham, To be the man by Ric Flair, One Fall by Spencer Baum and World Wrestling Insanity (I forget by whom).. I've recently gone on a wrestling book reading fest and all these books are truly awesome reads and from combining all the data you get an amazing feel for what really does happen in the world of professional wrestling. Thanks to all your comments - hopefully I don't get fired from this one ;)

The phone calls were finally finished. At least on this project of John Simpson's. It's never a nice project, unless you are cold, heartless and calculated solely to overall operating efficiencies. It was phone calls to various members of the World Championship Wrestling roster that Simpson had inherited that he was terminating the contracts of. And they were; [B][U]Tank Abbott[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.fcfighter.com/PICTURES/UFC43/wi-tank.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Leia Meow[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/Leia_Meow.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Tygress[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.dadog.com/DoggySnacks/PicGallery/Wrestlers/Images/NirtoGirlTygress-smallpicpo.gif[/IMG] [B][U]Sgt Buddy Lee Parker[/U][/B] [B][U]Johnny Ace[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.quebrada.net/columns/48/65TAG05.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Scott Hudson[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/Scott_Hudson.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mark Madden[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/Mark_Madden.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]"The Professor" Iron Mike Tenay[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/Mike_Tenay.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Kwee Wee[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.belowthebeltshow.com/images/guests/kweewee.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Demon[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/daletorborg/02.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]MI Smooth[/U][/B] [B][U]Glacier[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/Ray_Lloyd.jpg[/IMG] Undoubtedly, that still left WCW with an incredibly poor roster. Putting together Monday Nitro, would not be easy... [B][U]WCW Monday Nitro[/U][/B] Predictions welcome Lance Storm v "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan The Tag Team titles on the line with the Insiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page defending against the Perfect Event Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair And the World Title on the line between "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Booker T Plus more.. Tune into NITRO! * PS: Obviously Douglas is still with WCW at this stage - oops.

[B]Lance Storm[/B] v "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan The Tag Team titles on the line with the [B]Insiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page[/B] defending against the Perfect Event Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v [B]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] And the World Title on the line between "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and [B]Booker T[/B]

[b]Lance Storm[/b] v "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan The Tag Team titles on the line with the Insiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page defending against the [b]Perfect Event Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak[/b] [b]"The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/b] v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair And the World Title on the line between "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and [b]Booker T[/b]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.sportt.de/nitro/Nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U][CENTER]Live on TNT from the Theatre of Dreams in the North West[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Russo Interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Vince Russo came down to ringside clearly with something on his mind. "People, I'm going to cut straight to the god damn chase god damn tonight. Some of you may already god damn well know this, but John Simpson has been appointed as the new President of World Championship Wrestling. Effectively, he is now... my boss. You on the god damn inside may officially call this a shoot. You see, this morning, I met Mr Simpson, and we god damn well discussed the state of World Championship Wrestling. God, let me cut to the chase here. This company is terminally ill. Let me spell it god damn well out for you. As of now, ''experts'' are giving World Championship Wrestling about six months to live. You can officially call this period the Death of WCW. I never realised how sick this company is. This company is leaking money left right and centre. If this was a ship, it'd be the titanic. If it were a horse, you'd humanely take it out the back and shoot it to put it out of it's god damn misery. There's only one way this god damn situation can be fixed, and it's to understand there's a problem, and to god damn well fix it. So I may a plea to all the so called selfish, manipulative politicians who have god damn well screwed this company over for the past few years, get your ***** out here, put on a god damn great show and let's save this ship. From now on, there'll be no more toleratd bull****. No more power trips. I'm sick and tired of the bull**** that goes on beyond that curtain, night after god damn night. Tonight, it all changes. If you don't god damn well like it, pick up your god damn bags and leave - and let the likes of Shane Douglas, Rey Mysterio Jr, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Disco Inferno, General Rection, Ric Flair, Sting, all the cruiserweights, the Natural Born Thrillers, all those sorts of people get the exposure they deserve to save this company, and keep your sad ***** in a job. I'm done."[/QUOTE] Rating: C- [B][U]WCW World Cruiserweight Championship 6 Way Dance - Ladder Match - Chavo Guerrero Jr v Kaz Hayashi v AJ Styles v Christopher Daniels v Billy Kidman v "Primetime" Elix Skipper[/U][/B] [QUOTE]As usual from these suspects, an energetic match, with the added pandamonium of a ladder with the title belt suspended above the ring. All men worked the crowd into a frenzy, before Chavo Guerrero Jr battled to the top, knocked down Billy Kidman off the top rung and regathered his title belt![/QUOTE] Rating: C [B][U]The Franchise and the Nature Boy argue[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, in a hallway, Shane Douglas watches the conclusion of the cruiserweight title match. "What a match! The youngsters carrying the company again." The "Nature Boy" Ric Flair happened to overhear that comment... "WOO! Did someone say, the youngsters carried this company again?" "Yeah, I did Ric Flair. The Franchise. Ahaha. You see, everyone knows that I'm the man to resurrect this company Ric, and all those young guys you just saw in that ring. Not some old never was, never will be fool like you." Flair stand's nose to nose with the Franchise. "Is that so?" "Yeah, that's so." "Is that so?" "Yeah it is, I mean what are you going to say now, not watch the match and patronise them with 'You did good kid', like you did to me all those years ago? Now look at me, thanks to myself I got to where I am. In a position of being the next World Heavyweight Champion, guiding the younger generation through. You never were much Flair." "I'll tell you what Douglas, I'm a Stylin, Profilin, Limousine Riding Son of a Gun man. I'm Space Mountain. I'm the greatest wrestler alive today, man. 18 World Championships, man. WOOO!! I was selling out arenas from the Carolinas to the Tri State to Japan while you were still getting your driver's license, man. Never once! Never once, did I abuse my position, man. Never. I pioneered the way for people like you, some took it, others didn't. Some took it, others merely sit back and blame others for never being... good enough." "You're old Flair." "Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair. WOO!!" "I could hand you your *** anytime, any place." "Really?" "Really." "Well brother, WOO! I say later on tonight is as good a time as any. WOOOOO!!!" With that Flair walks away, and Douglas shakes his head.[/QUOTE] Rating: B [B][U]Lance Storm sets fire to...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The cameras come back, with Lance Storm already in the centre of the ring. "At this time, please rise for the playing of the Canadian National Anthem." The crowd boo viciously, but surprisingly the anthem is played out with Storm singing... "O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot love in all thy sons command. With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free! From far and wide, O Canada, We stand on guard for thee. God keep our land glorious and free! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee" Storm bows, with the ring filling with debris from irate American fans. Storm then signals to the above rafters, where the American Stars and Stripes flag is lowered to ringside. Without any warning, Storm pulls out a lighter and begins burning the flag!! "HOOO!! USA!! USA!! USA!!" That's right, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is irate and comes racing down to the ring, he knocks Storm down and extinguishes the fire from the flag. A referee is asked to run down to ringside by Vince Russo to make this an official match![/QUOTE] Rating: C [B][U]Lance Storm v "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Hacksaw was fired up, and continued lashing Storm. U-S-A he chanted in between times, much to the happeniess of the fans. However, as Duggan started to get on a roll, he gave his patented HOOOO thumbs up at the most inopportune time as Storm grabbed a hand full of tights and rolled Duggan up for the pinfall win.[/QUOTE] Rating: C [B][U]Goldberg attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Chris Kanyon is walking through the hallways with a steel chair. "Yeah Vince, I'll make you a star. I'll prove to you there's nothing better than Kanyon!" He knocks at a door. "ROOM SERVICE!" The door opens, revealing Bill Goldberg with his trademark blood shot in the middle of his forehead and the dented locker. Kanyon swings the chair and connects on the forrid of Goldberg, sending him down. Kanyon falls to the ground on top of Goldberg, and tags him with rights and lefts. "Who better than Kanyon Goldberg? Who better than Kanyon? Who Bill? Who?" Sting is walking past, and hear's the commotion. He picks up a steel chair outside the door and walks into Goldberg's dressing room, he winds up and slams the chair... onto Goldberg? Kanyon had moved, and Sting accidentally had tagged Goldberg! Sting drops the chair and goes to Goldberg's aid realising his mistake. Kanyon pulls Sting off Goldberg... "Sting, what have you done? Goldy, look at this, Sting just laid you out with a chair." "Hey, I didn't do this, this was your crafty handwork." "Who better than Kanyon to come to your save Goldberg.. Who better? Maybe we should team up and teach this punk a lesson." While Kanyon and Sting are arguing, Goldberg still hasn't come to, a passing-by paramedic comes into the room immediately to Goldberg's aid. "Sting, who better than Kanyon to teach you a lesson. I'll see you in the ring, unless you're not man enough to taste Champagne." Sting's eyes narrow... "It's SHOWTIME!"[/QUOTE] Rating B+ [B][U]The Pledge of Allegiance[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Jim Duggan knocks on Team Canada's door, to which there is no answer. "HOOO!! Storm, I know you're in there, and here's a little something for you. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.." The crowd began to recite with Duggan. "and to the Republic for which it stands. One Nation, under God, indivisible, and with Liberty and Justice for All!....... HOOOO!!! U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A. This is not over Storm, not by a long shot."[/QUOTE] Rating: C [B][U]Chris Kanyon v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A bitter match between now two bitter, yet probably frightened competitors, Sting largely held the authority in this match, yet when he when he went for his patented Stinger Splash, Kanyon moved, and off the rebound hit the Flatliner for the victory.[/QUOTE] Rating: A [B][U]Booker T demands a title shot[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Booker T was interviewed Mean Gene Okerland. "Gene, for years I have the glue that has bound this company together, and tonight, Vince Russo himself, Mr Russo if you will, freely admitted as such that I was one of those one's who would no longer be screwed over. I've been great here since I started here in the early 1990's with my brother Stevie Ray as Harlem Heat, while tonight, Big Poppa Pump, I challenge you sucka, to your World Heavyweight Championship. Now can you dig that, SUCKA!"[/QUOTE] Rating: B [B][U]Bam Bam Bigelow v Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Two completely contrasting wrestlers, one a monster, one a midget. One a high flyer, the other a brawler of the sternest proportions. The match was evenly fought out, until Rey Mysterio hit a stunning Springboard Frankensteiner on Bam Bam for the win. This went a long way to disspelling the myth that Rey Mysterio Jr could not credibly beat bigger men, thanks to the job done by Bam Bam Bigelow, a true professional.[/QUOTE] Rating: C+ [B][U]The Perfect Event request a title shot[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Perfect Event enter the office of Vince Russo. "Yeah, what do you two god damn want?" "Vince, Shawn and I, well, we, uh.." "Get to the point god damn it? I'm a busy man." "Right, of course, well Chuck and I we uh..." "Yes?" "We heard your comments, boss. Chuck and I, we want a title shot against the InSiders, maybe we can take Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page to the scrapheap once and for all." "Oh really? Well god damn well get out of my office, get down to the ring, and prove that, you're up god damn well next with the World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships on the line." "Alright... see Shawn, told you Vince was a sucker for blue." "Oh yeah, blue tights rule man, they look Perfect on you." "GET OUT!"[/QUOTE] Rating: C [B][U]The InSiders promo[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page see the action going down on the television set in their dressing room. "Look's like we're up, Big Sexy..." "Yeah, I'm growing sick and tired of these punks. I mean, you and I, Dallas, we've been the back bone of WCW for years man. You, I mean look at you, you've come from practically nowhere, defied all the odds, you're a freakin former World Heavyweight Champion for christs sake." "Yeah, budda-bing-budda-bang-budda boom I've dropped a few in my day. But so have you, I mean by god man, 7 foot tall, the master of the Jack-knife Power Bomb tagging up with the master of the Diamond Cutter." "Let's do this Dallas, let's prove to Mr Simpson and friends that we're not responsible for this ****." They high five. "They're going to... Feel the bang!"[/QUOTE] Rating: B+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships The InSiders (Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page) (c) v The Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The match itself was held strong by the Perfect Event, who used a lot of tag team skill to cut Diamond Dallas Page off from reaching his corner and a lot of inter-tagging between Palumbo and Stasiak. Eventually though Page was about to mount a defiant counter attack and tag in Kevin Nash, who cleared the ring and Jack Knifed Chuck Palumbo for the pinfall victory.[/QUOTE] Rating: B- [B][U]Big Poppa Pump accepts Booker T's challenge[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"I hear Booker T's been calling me out, no problems.. Freakzilla is here baby, I've been back with my Freaks chillin out and warming up and none of them complained about being on the receiving end of the Big Bad Booty Daddy, but I can tell you one thing Booker T, they saw one of my large assets, you're not gonna see that, thats for my Freaks only, no, the Big Bad Booty Daddy only needs to show you these... my biceps, look at them... and you'll be mesmerised, 1..2..3.. by Big Poppa Pump... Holla, if you hear me."[/QUOTE] Rating: A [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair promo[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Ric Flair is robed up and ready to perform, as Mean Gene Okerland grabs a word or two from him. "You know Mean Gene, myself, along with the likes of Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Dusty Rhodes, we set the platform for this company all those years ago. Infact Gene, you can trace this company back to the likes of Lou Thesz himself if you will. And during that time, I've been beaten up, bloodied, I've been insulted... but never have I been accused of being the reason why this great company finds itself in the position it is in. And I'll tell you why... WOOO!! Because I'm Space Mountain. I'm a limousine riding, stylin, profilin son a gun. I'm the 18 time World Heavyweight Champion. I've been in the ring against some of this sport's greats... Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr, Jack Brisco, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Big Van Vader, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Johnny Valentine, Jimmy Snuka, Bob Backlund, Antonio Inoki, Kerry Von Erich.. you know something Shane Douglas, I may not have liked all those men, but I damn well respected them. And when I was in your position trying to climb the tree I knew when to shut my mouth, and when to pay tribute to the men above me. See, it's as I've always said, to be the man, you have to beat the man. And brother, I am the man. Learn to live with it, learn to love it... WOOOO!!!! Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair."[/QUOTE] Rating: A* [B][U]"The Franchise" Shane Douglas v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The match was largely a slugfest, the two better rivals used a lot of clenched fists in this one. And before the night was over, both men were bloody. Flair reclaimed his thrown as the Dirtiest Player in the game when he low blowed Douglas, and with Douglas in agony on the mat successfully applied the Figure Four leglock.[/QUOTE] Rating: A [B][U]Up next..[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Prior to the last ad break, the commentary crew reminded fans that the World Heavyweight Championship would be on the line between Booker T and Big Poppa Pump![/QUOTE] Rating: A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T v "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner (c)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Booker T dominated this match entirely, until Steiner was able to roll under the bottom rope and pull Booker T out with him. The two men proceeded to brawl by the announce table, and then onto the announce table where Booker T hit a body slam crashing and smashing the table in half. However, he'd lost sight of the fact the referee was counting both men out, with the result being officially a double count out. Booker T looked on in horror realising he was dominating the match and could have won the title tonight![/QUOTE] Rating: A Overall: B+ Attendence: 9,140 1,774,514 watched live on TNT Crowbar arrived late to the show. RAW is WAR got a B, in front of 25, 778 at Arrowhead Pond. Raw got 3,016,036 on TNN. Look forward to your feedback and comments!

[QUOTE=jonlawson][B]Lance Storm[/B] v "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan The Tag Team titles on the line with the [B]Insiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page[/B] defending against the Perfect Event Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v [B]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] And the World Title on the line between "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and [B]Booker T[/B][/QUOTE] Ring-a-ding ding, we have a winner. Well done! :)

[QUOTE]WCW In Dire Straights By Jack Dimoff [URL="http://www.wrestlewarriors.com"]For Wrestlewarriors.com[/URL] Email [EMAIL="thisemailsgoingnowherebiatch@wrestlewarriors.com"]Jack Dimoff here[/EMAIL] Well fans, last night, WCW practically admitted what some of us already suspected. WCW is about to sink. The undestroyable has been destroyed by Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation. WCW executives, even the wrestlers, commentators and on-air 'authority figures' have dispelled the rumours over the past three or four months, but now in a show of reality new President John Simpson reportedly ordered on air booker Vince Russo to admit the show was in dire trouble. In somewhat of a memorable shoot, Russo had the following things to say; "...and we god damn well discussed the state of World Championship Wrestling. God, let me cut to the chase here. This company is terminally ill. Let me spell it god damn well out for you. As of now, ''experts'' are giving World Championship Wrestling about six months to live. You can officially call this period the Death of WCW. I never realised how sick this company is. This company is leaking money left right and centre. If this was a ship, it'd be the titanic. If it were a horse, you'd humanely take it out the back and shoot it to put it out of it's god damn misery". Well, if that hasn't put things in perspective, nothing else surely will. Usually by the time this column goes up I tell you what I think of the respective Monday night shows, so I will give you a blow by blow definition of Nitro last night, and then resume my opinion on where WCW went wrong. First up last night was Russo's infamous shoot. I found it interesting they decided to throw in the shoot. I'm sure they were a couple of politicians backstage sweating profusely as the words tumbled out. The way Russo was going on, I doubt this was scripted. Then again, has anything been properly scripted over the past few years? Then a stellar Cruiserweight Title match, but need we say more. No matter who the culprits are, WCW always cobbles together a great cruiserweight expose`. Last night was no different. A six way ladder match, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Kaz Hayashi, Billy Kidman and Elix Skipper. I want to say, young Daniels and Styles have something to offer this company. Guerrero kept his strap. Next up, in also what seemed a quasi-shoot, Shane Douglas blamed Ric Flair for the sinking of WCW. Flair got in his face and challenged Douglas to a match later in the evening. Are WCW looking to do the unthinkable and push Douglas? Are WCW also looking to do the unthinkable and promote Ric Flair correctly, and not screw him over as being as Douglas said, a never was, never will be has been? In a chilling, maybe somewhat desperate move, Lance Storm set fire to the United States flag after singing O Canada. Who else but Jim Duggan ran to the ring to make the patriotic save, only to be beaten in the squared circle by the man from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Has someone been watching Sgt Slaughter re-runs? Only thing is, Slaughter was a great wrestler, Duggan having survived a cancer scare especially, is not. I liked the next segment, Kanyon and Sting both slammed a steel chair over Bill Goldberg's head, Sting accidentally, and Kanyon of course tried to paint Sting out as the man who did it to Goldberg. They followed it up later with a classic tussle in which Kanyon got the upset win. Again, could they be doing the unthinkable and pushing Kanyon? But before that match, a typical patriotic spot, Duggan was never an outstanding interview, and getting him to pledge the allegiance, while inciting a good crowd reaction was somewhat cringeworthy I thought. Booker T challenged Big Poppa Pump for the World Heavyweight Title. I think Booker T again would make a great World Champion. God knows he's paid his dues for a long run with the belt. Playing pass the belt tag with Jarrett and Steiner I think has kind of devalued the belt, but then again, was there any value in it in the first place when these guys picked it up post Vince Russo and David Arquette? Thank christ Vince Russo didn't get his way and get the belt onto Tank Abbott. An interesting match of contrasting styles between Bam Bam Bigelow and Rey Mysterio Jr. Trying saying those names 6 times fast. Rey got the win here, and surprisingly, the match went longer than 3 minutes. Wait a second - two surprises? A win for a cruiserweight, or a "Vanilla Midget" over a big man and a long match? Next up, the Perfect Event asked for a tag title shot from Vince Russo. Russo agreed. This slot was largely boring and mundane, but these two guys along with most of the rest of the Natural Born Thrillers (barring Reno in my book) have what it takes to be major forces in the future no matter where they end up when WCW folds. The InSiders, who must have cringed at Russo's earlier shoot shot a promo. They may not be outstanding in the ring anymore, but they still know how to cut a good promo, provided its not allowed to drag out. Thankfully, this one wasn't. A surprisingly well worked match for the Tag Titles next, between the InSiders and the Perfect Event. In somewhat of a surprise, given Russo's earlier comments Kevin Nash got the pinfall. A truly world class speech following that from Ric Flair. Regardless of his age, Ric Flair can talk the working man's wrap. Wait, that's Dusty Rhodes, but still, Flair is near unbeatable on the mic. He then fought it out with Shane Douglas. Man there were some crisp shots in this match. A really good match. Perhaps Flair isn't washed up, as he's been portrayed recently? Flair got the win, as well. And finally, a double count out for the World Title. There had to be one non finish at least at Nitro, after all, this is a WCW card and you don't give away results at a house show low and behold. Booker T was going well too, I thought. Pity they ended it like that. So overall, I thought an improved show. I say that with reference to the fact that last Nitro was something like, Shane Helms beating friend Shannon Moore, good match as it was, only 6 minutes in length though, Meng losing to Terry Funk in 5 minutes which was probably good given neither are outstanding workers, Lance Storm beating Rey Mysterio Jr in only 5 minutes (WHY? WHY? WHY? Why must these great wrestlers be poorly booked?), Jarrett beating Awesome in 5 minutes, Ernest Miller beating Alex Wright in 5 minutes, Goldberg beating Bagwell in 30 seconds via DQ, Jarrett beating Storm in 4:42 in the main event. In a two hour show, 26 minutes of actual wrestling. And therein lies WCW's main problem. Poor booking. 26 minutes of wrestling, on a professional wrestling show. No way. And back to why WCW has fallen apart. Poor booking. Wait, I've already said that. I could list 100 examples of where things have been ruined by poor booking. I mean, Starrcade '97, you have Sting on the crest of a wave, and you break him down with poor booking. You bring in Bret Hart, fresh from the screwjob, and book him poorly. You over play Hulk Hogan an ageing poor wrestler with a legion of fans from the '80s when you're in the '90s. You overplay the New World Order to the fact you don't know if WCW has any wrestlers left itself. You give short matches to awesome competitors. You promote the show with too much frivilous interview spots and not enough match spots. You take a legend like Curt Hennig and make him a country cowboy. You allow poor wrestlers to get the leverage due to backstage antics. And even when those poor workers decided to "lose", they never put their opponents over clean. No, it was always a conspired finish to make sure no gloss was lost off them. And you multiply all this by doing it for the past 3-4 years, when WCW was in such a state that if they had have booked things half right it could have been around for another 100,000 years. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but you get my drift. I'm not sure if the whole 'shooterooni' situation is going to positively or negatively effect WCW. All I can say though, without any shadow of a doubt is, Vince McMahon must be licking his lips hoping his major nemesis goes out of business leaving him with the cream of the crop. And make no bones about it, McMahon WILL get the cream of the crop, the likes of Steiner, Booker T, Goldberg, Sting, Chris Kanyon, Storm, Awesome, Mysterio Jr, Helms, Moore, Karagias, Hayashi, Knoble, Miss Han****, Flair - he'll take all them and make them all genuine superstars. Not one of the crem-de-la-crem of WCW when it falls apart will be misused by the legendary Vince McMahon. Not one. I'll stake my reputation on it. Infact, if WCW does go under, I'll guarantee Sting, Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm and Booker T will be in the WWF main event within a year of their imminent arrival. That's the difference, good booking versus bad booking. Genius, versus hopefuls. I'm Jack Dimoff, shocked and dismayed by the public announcement - tune in for more comments over the next few days as we break down piece by piece, the Death of WCW [/QUOTE] PS: Note a little sarcasm to internet broadcasters who thought they knew it all, and how they """knew""" WWF would make all these wrestlers superstars under the WWF umbrella.

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton]That was a great show, all the ones you should push in the future went over. I'm a fan of Ric Flair, Lance Storm and Chris Kanyon. Hopefully they do wonders for you in the near future. Like your last diary, you have my eyes glued.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, I think all three of those wrestlers were awesome, but misused by WCW.

Going over the figures post Monday Nitro was always difficult. Nitro set the standard, every show from here on in had to either remain equal, or better, jump forward. Indeed, Ted Turner set out three goals for Simpson to achieve:- [LIST] [*]WCW must not fall in size within 335 days [*]The promotion must have $10m in 335 days (started at $5m) [*]The promotion cannot drop below $0 cash reserves [/LIST] Even with an improved show last night, WCW dropped .1%, from 75% to 74.9% overness in the US, and from 70% to 69.9% in Canada. Thunder had to be snappy, it had to be something that'd make the crowds come back to the arena's rather than turn away in droves. With that in mind, John Simpson formally announced on the WCW.com website the following matches would happen at Thunder. (Predictions always welcome) [LIST] [*]The Perfect Event v The InSiders in a World Tag Team Championship Rematch [*]"The Franchise" Shane Douglas has demanded a rematch with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [*]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett will be in action against Rey Mysterio Jr [*]The WCW Hardcore Championship will be defended by the "Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk against Crowbar and "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow. [*]A four way tag dance for a shot at the World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions between Totally Buff (Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell), Jindrak and O'Haire from the Natural Born Thrillers, KroniK and the Filthy Animals pairing of Billy Kidman and Konnan [*]And a four corners match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship between Sting, Chris Kanyon, Booker T and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner [*]Plus much much more [/LIST] WCW.com wishes to advise the following talents have agreed to releases from World Championship Wrestling. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours. Air Paris Reno Ron Harris Don Harris

* The Perfect Event v [b]The InSiders[/b] in a World Tag Team Championship Rematch * "The Franchise" Shane Douglas has demanded a rematch with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair * "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett will be in action against [b]Rey Mysterio Jr[/b] * The WCW Hardcore Championship will be defended by the "Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk against [b]Crowbar[/b] and "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow. * A four way tag dance for a shot at the World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions between Totally Buff (Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell), [b]Jindrak and O'Haire[/b] from the Natural Born Thrillers, KroniK and the Filthy Animals pairing of Billy Kidman and Konnan * And a four corners match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship between Sting, Chris Kanyon, [b]Booker T[/b] and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner * Plus much much more

[B][U][CENTER]WCW Thunder January 4 2001 Live from the Fleet Centre in New England[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Pre Show - 25 Man Battle Royal[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Pre-show, Sid Vicious managed to win a 25 man over the top rope battle royal.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Sugar Shane Helms and Shannon Moore[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a match featuring many high spots, particularly from the speedy Moore and Helms, the two Three Count lads took to the Cruiserweight Champion. However, the experienced star from the famous Guerrero bloodline came through with a gutsy win after hitting a superplex on Shannon Moore from the top rope to kick off Nitro.[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]The Franchise Interviews a cardboard cut out[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, in front of the Thunder logo, Shane Douglas is set up with a microphone with a cardboard cut out of "Nature Boy" Ric Flair propped up against him. "Ahahaha... Ladies and gentlemen, the Franchise has been graced by the presence of none other than "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Now, as we all know Naitch got the victory over yours truly at Nitro. Ric, what do you have to say about that?" A voice is heard from behind the curtain. "It was a hard fought win against a great opponent who I respect immeasurably." "Of course, and what say you of the comments in the wrestling media lately that you are still the... and to paraphrase you Dirtiest Player in the Game?" "WOO!! Well it's a matter of fact my friend. I deserve those comments. I got lucky at Nitro by smashing your over abundant crown jewels to gain the victory. That was my only way out, learn to live with it, learn to love it.." "No beef on my part, that is for sure. Although, it's good to see you admit that you could not have beaten the Franchise without the use of an illegal move. Now, what did you do post Nitro to celebrate Ric?" "Well, Shane, me and David went down to a local strip bar, put a few dollars in the young ladies slot machines and chewed the fat about how we could ensure WCW shuts down... by preventing talents like yourself from reaching the top." "David. Is he STILL employed around here?" "WOO!!! As a matter of fact he is, learn to live with it.. learn to love it.." "Ric, tonight, you and I go head to head again, what do you have to say about that?" "Bring your cup?" "You low down piece of ****.." With that Douglas snaps, and picks up the cardboard version of Ric Flair and gives him the Franchiser!!! The cardboard dummy splits in half. "Ahaha... Prepare to be ... Franchised again tonight Nature Boy!"[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Tag Team Match - the Winners to fight three way against Perfect Event and The InSiders at next week's Nitro Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) v Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire v KroniK v Totally Buff (Luger and Bagwell)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Billy Kidman and Sean O'Haire dominated most of this matches proceedings really, Kidman using his speed, and O'Haire his massive intensity and power. However, Bagwell was able to pass a steel pipe into the ring for the Total Package Lex Luger to use as Kidman attempted a missile drop kick, and was able to steal the pinfall to move onto compete at Nitro for the World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]The Chosen One interviewed[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, the Chosen One Jeff Jarrett was with Mean Gene Okerland. "Alright Jeff Jarrett, tonight you will compete against Rey Mysterio Jr, can you give us your thoughts on that match?" "Why don't you shut up, Slapnut? Rey Mysterio Jr is lucky to be getting in the ring with me, for I am a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion and a legend. I am the icon associated with World Championship Wrestling. When people talk about the positives of WCW, they talk primarily of the Chosen One, Jeff Jarrett. To be honest with you Gene, Russo was incorrect in not just solely referring to me as the potential saviour of this company. That's just the way it is around here, little slapnut. And by that, I mean you Rey Mysterio Jr. Tonight, I will begin my quest back up the tables to regain a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship which rightly belongs around the waist of Jeff Jarrett. I have all the stroke around this place. For I am the Chosen One, and you can choke on that, Slapnuts."[/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship - Barroom Brawl Terry Funk (c) v Crowbar v "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a New England pub somewhere, Terry Funk was sitting down refreshing with a cool beverage. However, just as he went to pay, he was smashed from behind with 2 x 4's by both Crowbar and Bam Bam Bigelow, working on the anywhere anytime nature of the Hardcore Championship. The three men brawled it with much use of the neighbouring furniture in distinctive fashion, before Bam Bam Bigelow smashed Crowbar's head through a pokie machine, jumped on the pool table and hit a frogsplash from the pool table to collect the win and the Hardcore Championship.[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]Goldberg in hospital - prerecorded[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a prerecorded moment, Sting visited Goldberg in hospital, who was suffering from a shoulder injury thanks to the mistaken chair shot from Sting and the not so mistaken chairshot from Chris Kanyon last Nitro. Goldberg: "What do you want?" Sting: "Bill, you can't honestly believe I had anything to do with you being in here, do you? I mean, the chairshot was me trying to get Chris Kanyon off you." Goldberg: "I don't know who to trust right now Sting, I mean this whole god damn industry is falling apart it's like every man for himself. I can tell you one thing though, whoever I find is the guilty party, they will be... Next." Then Chris Kanyon comes in with, surprise surprise, a crutch. He swings at Sting, who ducks, and the crutch collects Goldberg who is again knocked out. Sting stands toe to toe with Kanyon. Chris Kanyon: "Who better than Kanyon Sting? I mean really, knowing the luck of Champagne Chris Kanyon, he'll think you did it... again. Oops." Sting: "Tonight, you and me, one on one..." Chris Kanyon: "Oh, I've gone one better Sting. See, as you and I are both trying to get rid of Goldberg, one more obvious than the other of course, I've decided we should get our reward early. You see, tonight I've organised for you and I to compete in a four corners match with Booker T, the number one contendor, and Big Poppa Pump. But you can't lay a hand on me prior to the match, if you do, you're disqualifed. Who better than Kanyon?" Sting: "Tonight Kanyon, I will be... It's ... SHOWTIME!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Prerecorded Diamond Dallas Page interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Earlier tonight, Mean Gene Okerland sat down with Diamond Dallas Page to discuss the state of professional wrestling and the Perfect Event. GO: "Dallas, thank you for your time tonight." DDP: "Always my pleasure Gene." "As you know, there were some inferences put around the internet regarding Vince Russo's comments at Nitro. Some people have talked about who has caused the political sabotage of this once famous company. And well, as I'm sure your advisors have told you, some people have named both yourself and your tag team partner Big Sexy Kevin Nash as being key players in all of this. Infact, those accusations were sturred up further on the Natural Born Thrillers website from blogs from both The Mecca of Manhood Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo of Perfect Event, who you will meet in a World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship rematch at this edition of Thunder. What do you have to say abou that?" DDP has a very stern look on his face. "You know Gene, Page Falkinburg broke into this industry the hard way. I wasn't spotted in a nightclub by the Brisco brothers, I wasn't born a natural athlete even. Some of the things I have done to get where I am today? Well, I started out briefly in 1979, with no success. I was lucky to buy a meal a week on the money I made then. The next time I dallied with wrestling was when I drove Rythym and Blues to the ring at Wrestlemania. I even managed up in the American Wrestling Association, and commentated down in Florida prior to even thinking about getting back in the ring. During all that time I was making the right noises, pumping the iron, doing things the right way. No bull****. Nothing was ever handed to me on a silver platter. Then I came to Atlanta and got my first real break, and one of those young guys who supported me, as an athlete probably a little bit too late to start anything serious was a guy called, Vinnie Vegas. Or for you people at home, and for you Natural Born Thrillers, Big Sexy the Giant Killer Kevin Nash. And even then, I went up and down the road man, night after night I was on little cash going between towns trying to entertain every last member of the crowd with a good story told between the ropes. That's all. After a long initiation, I began to rise up the ranks. I paid my dues. And well, here I am. I've never screwed anyone over, I've never played any games, I thoroughly believe I have earnt the three World Heavyweight Championship's I have attained. No politics." "And what about your tag team partner, Kevin Nash?" "Kevin can answer for himself. He's big enough and ugly enough to do it, just as I do, by answering the questions between the ropes. There's not a more scarier sight in professional wrestling than having Big Sexy charge corner to corner at you, it's a frightening proposition. I should know, I've been on the receiving end. There's few better in this industy. But I'll tell you now Gene, I don't need to tell you this, and you know why? I don't even need to tell the Perfect Event this, as Kevin and I have always done, night after night, we'll prove it one way or the other in the ring." "Diamond Dallas Page, I thank you for your time."[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match The InSiders (Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page) (c) v The Perfect Event (Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A highly competitive bout, with the action to-ing and fro-ing with all four men gaining equal offence in the match. Around the eight minute mark, Page went for a Diamond Cutter on Palumbo, who kicked him off, and hit the Chuck Deluxe. Nash tried to make the save but was cut off by Shawn Stasiak. Your winners, and new World Tag Team Champions, the Perfect Event.[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Perfect Event Celebration[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Perfect Event grab the title belts, and pose at ringside for the fans who boo vicously. They beat a hasty retreat as Kevin Nash comes to the ropes and threatens to chase them out of the arena.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]Big Poppa Pump is your hook up[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Gene Okerland catches up with Big Poppa Pump who had a few choice wards to say about Booker T. "Booker T, like many men before me, you fell prey to Freakzilla. See, it wasn't my enormous arms that beat you this time, it was my larger than life brain. I knew what I was doing Booker T, wearing you down outside the ring until we were both counted out because everyone knows that spells a successful title defence for the Big Bad Booty Daddy. As a celebration Booker T, me and my freaks went back to my hotel, they marvelled over the size of various muscles of mine. And they said to me, how can a man like Booker T even dare set foot in the same ring as a muscle bound freak like you. You see Booker T, I am the number one hook up... Holla, If you hear me."[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Jeff Jarrett v Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Jeff Jarrett, the Chosen One was all action against the unmasked Mysterio Jr, hitting a series of slams and suplexes which seemed to be leading towards the Stroke. However, as he was about to hit it, Rey Mysterio Jr rolled through, leaped up to the top rope, and hit a stunning springboard frankenrana on Jarrett to claim the upset victory![/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Ric Flair finds Diary[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Ric Flair is shown finding a diary, with the name S. Douglas written on the front of it[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the ad-break, Ric Flair had this to say to Gene Okerland. "Mean Gene... WOO!!! Tell me something... is the Nature Boy here live at the Fleet Centre? WOO!! You bet he is. You know something Mean Gene Okerland... WOOO!!! We've been down this road many times before, and as I've always said throughout, we've only just begun. You see Gene, tonight stumbled across something a little bit interesting. A certain shall we say black book of the Franchise. Now, I haven't opened it yet, I'll save that for later, but I will admit I saw Shane Douglas try to rip off me - a limousine riding, styling, profiling, son of a gun, the greatest wrestler... alive today. I beat you last week pal, don't try and start with me. You are a disgrace to this industry my friend. You can try and point the finger as much as you want, and you can tell everyone how much you want the World Title, but my friend, learn to live with it, learn to love it, you'll never hold a candle to the greats of this sport that I myself have been lucky enough to get in the ring with, and beat. That's right Shane Douglas, I mean Ricky Steamboat, the Road Warriors, Nick Bockwinkle, Sgt Slaughter, Wahoo McDaniel, Hulk Hogan, Mr Perfect, Harley Race himself. As I've always said, Diamonds are Forever, and so is Ric Flair, you got a lot of guts coming to the ring tonight Douglas, knowing you have to face the greatest wrestler... alive today. WOOO!!!"[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"The Franchise" Shane Douglas v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a stunning upset, the Franchise usurped the Nature Boy with a clean victory. The 18 time World Heavyweight Champion fought an even bout with Douglas, until Douglas got hot for the last minute or so of the match before hitting the ... Franchiser.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Douglas taunts Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]After collecting the win, Douglas asked for a microphone as he stood over the prey body of Ric Flair. "Ahaha... Cut the damn music. To quote you, as you've always said, learn to live with it, learn to love it, I just Franchised your *** b****."[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Big Poppa Pump (c) v Booker T v Chris Kanyon v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a face paced wild brawl, Kanyon and Sting, and Booker T and Big Poppa Pump largely separated to fight off against each other. However, after Sting was drop kicked out of the ring by Kanyon, into Booker T who was already outside, Big Poppa Pump snuck up from behind and locked in the Steiner Recliner to claim the victory and retain his World Title.[/QUOTE] A Att: 9,332 people Rat: B+ Smackdown! was in Scotland and attracted 15,000 attendees. 925,411 viewers watched Thunder on TBS Smackdown! attracted 2,250,146 viewers on UPN

... [QUOTE][B][U]Its Vader Time[/U][/B] By Betty Humpder Email [EMAIL="wouldntyouhumphertoo@wcw.com"]Betty Here[/EMAIL]! WCW.com is proud to break to the news that former three time World Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Vader has signed a two year deal to compete for World Championship Wrestling, effective immediately. The 450 pound wrestler is one of the greatest big men wrestlers of all time. Vader started to gain some fame in the now defunct American Wrestling Association under the tutelage of the legendary Verne Gagne. From there, Vader became a massive cult figure in Japan wrestling for New Japan, defeating the legendary Antonio Inoki in front of a packed Sumo Hall in 1987. In 1989, he won his first NJPW IGWP Heavyweight Title, defeating Masa Chono, Tatsumi Fujinami, and Shinya Hashimoto. He would win this belt on one other occasion. Also while in Japan Vader recently won the coveted All Japan Pro Wrestling Triple Crown title twice. WCW will be holding a press conference later this afternoon at it's headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. All press are invited to attend to mark this historic signing! [B][U]Vital Information[/U][/B] Height: 6'5" Weight: 450 pounds Finisher: Vaderbomb Hometown: Denver, Colorado [IMG]http://www.fanboyplanet.com/chair/images/vader1.jpg[/IMG] [/QUOTE]

You're on fire man, this Dynasty is awesome. I'm enjoying the Sting/Godberg and Kanyon storyline. Plus the recent signing of Vader is just beautiful. This dynasty is making me work even more harder on mine...raisin' the bar! Although my dynasty is completely different from this one, hopefully you'll check it out once I start posting it. (It's web site rather than a thread dynasty) Didn't know if you had a Thunder logo or not, so here's one incase you needed it. [img]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/THNDRLOG.jpg[/img] - Paul

Archived