The Death of WCW?

My predictions Shane Douglas to win the match against Flair. Steiner over Crowbar. Mamalukes over KroniK Perfect Event in the three-way tag. Beauty and the Beast over ISF. Goldberg pins Mike Sanders. I call shenanigans on Steiner vs Booker T. :D Mike Awesome over Sean O'Haire. Shane Helms retains. -------------------- I haven't posted on your thread yet, I figured it was overdue. In my opinion, you have the best dynasty going right now. It's a shame that Flair is retiring.. not only is he one of my favorites, but you do his character perfectly. Keep up the good work. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the kind words, all. I'm going to try to get Thunder up tonight, but I thought it prudent to summarise what actually did happen at this particular Thunder to give you an idea in the contrast in styles between this WCW that is on life support, and THAT WCW that did die. This is courtesy of one my favourite all time sites, [URL="http://www.ddtdigest.com"]www.ddtdigest.com[/URL] . I recommend visiting it and reminiscing, or forever suffer having to watch Kwee Wee matches over... and over.... and over.... and over.... and over again for the rest of your lives and damning you for all eternity - I wouldn't wish that upon anyone! [QUOTE]WCW Thunder - Wednesday, 2/7/2001 By Big Mike Howdy everyone, once again. I am Big Mike, and this is your Thunder report. Let's trying something new here. Anyone who has any comments about the new direction of WCW (where it's going, where it should go, etc.), e-mail me here. I will post the best of them next week in the Thunder report. You hear my views every week, now I wanna hear yours. I don't know (and don't care) what anyone else thinks, I thought booking a Dusty Rhodes run-in last week was great. I think I was among the many saying, "How the hell is Dustin Rhodes considered a major star?" Dustin actually had some pretty good lines, though. But when the American Dream himself came in, I was fired up. Reminded me of days gone by. Which is OK, as long as that's not what you see week after week after week after week (got it, Hogan?). Best line of the night by Dusty: "Hey, Animal, look at you all puffed up. You're all puffy, but when you come back in here, you're going to find this ol' fat boy from Austin, Texas will kick your ass, too." On the other hand, this week's Nitro sucked a--. Who didn't see Rick Steiner's heel turn coming when he came out as the "mystery partner"? And they also let down fans with the whole idea of a "mystery partner" in the first place. You think fans weren't pissed when Steiner came out? Hell, if you're going to tease a mystery man, better make it somebody good, like Goldberg or even Scott Hall or Jesse James Armstrong. I know I turned off Nitro when Rick Steiner came out because I knew exactly what was going to happen. This is the exact opposite of why I liked Nitro the week before. Memo to Eric Bischoff: We like to be surprised. We don't want to see the same crap week after week after week. Why don't you go back and watch how the ratings dropped and dropped as the nWo angle dragged on and on and on. Memo to Eric Bischoff (Part 2): If you show me Scott Steiner squashing (and thus effectively killing the credibility of) four cruiserweights at once ever, ever again, I will cuss so loud that all of freakin' Houston can hear me. What a joke. Not even Vinnie Mac would dare try to pull that one off. Horrible. Now, with a can of Coors brewed cold from a mountain stream, on to the show............ We start with a montage of Nitro from Monday. We are TAPED from Tupelo, Mississippi. Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay commentating. We open with a match again! Shane Helms vs. Kaz Hayashi Tenay states that this is a qualifier for a cruiserweight six-man four corners match (huh?) at Superbrawl with the winner to be the number one contender for the Cruiserweight title. Tenay and Tony say they never saw the Rick Steiner heel turn coming. Oh, yeah right. Kaz with some kicks in the leg working on the knee of Helms, and a nice spin kick by Hayashi!!! Shane with a suplex attempt, but Kaz reverses out of it. Tenay says there are four more spots to be determined in the six-man cruiserweight match. Have we already got one in? Helms lifts Hayashi out and hits a slingshot body block out of the ring. Kaz reverses Helms into the ring. Wow! Guillotine leg drop by Hayashi on the apron. Hayashi flips Helms back in the ring. Shane misses an elbow drop. Kaz hits a head scissor takeover. Helms is out and Hayashi hits a suicide dive! Kaz sets Helms up top after he gets out of the Nightmare on Helms Street attempt. Kaz tries a frankensteiner, but misses. Helms with a Sugar Smack. Here comes Chavo out to "scout" the match. Helms with a side jawbreaker and then a spinning neckbreaker. Helms calls for the vertebreaker. Helms pulls away to go after Chavo. Hayashi hits the spin kick and the German suplex and it's over.. YOUR WINNER: Kaz Hayashi via the German suplex. Pretty good match. Cut backstage to Norman Smiley telling Glacier to show up earlier tonight. After Smiley leaves, Palumbo and O'Haire go in Glacier's locker room, and apparently punk him, as we hear some screams. It takes like five seconds. O'Haire says, "I kept stepping on his cape." That was weird. Flair and company come out (including Rick Steiner). Flair says once again this is the most elite wrestling group today. Flair states that they're going to wreak havoc on anyone who gets in their way on the way to Superbrawl. Big Poppa Punk comes on and says that they are getting stronger now that his brother has joined. Steiner goes on about hurting Sid Vicious, Sting, and Booker T. OK, whatever. He says Nash made a mistake thinking his brother would go against him. Rick comes on and says that he turned because "you always back your brother's play." They're on the entrance ramp as Nash's music plays. Nash, Cat, Miss Jones, DDP, and Brian Adams show up in the crowd. Nash says he doesn't know who's stupider: himself for trusting Flair or Flair for betraying him. Nash says it's him and Luger tonight. He says Luger better bring some extra oil tonight, as he's facing Brian Adams. Ha! Flair calls out the Cat. Nash says he and DDP want the Steiner brothers. Somehow it gets to be Rick Steiner and Jarrett against Nash and DDP. Flair mentions the "Magnificent Seven" again, and tells Cat that Lance Storm will name the opponent for the Cat tonight. Well, that advanced some story lines. Back from commercial, Flair, Animal, and the Steiners are talking. Scott Steiner wants to wrestle, but Flair says to let his brother do it because Scott Steiner is the man, and to let someone else do it. Norman Smiley vs. Sean O'Haire Oh, that's why they punked Glacier. Why are they putting O'Haire in singles competition? And against Norman Smiley? Snap mare by O'Haire. After a brief comeback by Norman, O'Haire with a few soupbones to the face. Arm drag takedown by Smiley. Lariat by O'Haire. O'Haire goes up top. Sean-ton bomb. Nice move. It's over, thankfully. Smiley had no offense to speak of. YOUR WINNER: Sean O'Haire via the Sean-ton bomb. Here comes Mark Jindrak to the ring. As Jindrak is distracting O'Haire, Shawn Stasiak comes out of the crowd to attack O'Haire. Now they're both attacking O'Haire. O'Haire's back up as, as, as they're showing two guys in the crowd booing! What the hell? Oh, now we're back, and both men are attacking O'Haire again. Here comes Chuck Palumbo from the back. He hits the shoulder block off the top rope onto Jindrak, and now Palumbo clears both men out of the ring. Sounds like they're piping in crowd noise again. That sucks. We come back from commercial, and Flair is talking to Animal when Mike Sanders comes in. Flair says he is sorry for last week, and that Sanders can have Konnan tonight. "The Cat" Ernest Miller w/ Miss Jones vs. for the ???? Commissionership of WCW The Cat comes out first, and then Lance Storm comes out with a microphone. It's got to be Mike Awesome or Elix Skipper, right? Storm says he's not usually the one out there talking. Huh? He says the Cat's usually doing that. Storm says the opponent is going to be "Primetime" Elix Skipper. Yup. Both men pose to try to pop the crowd. Super kick by the Cat right off the bat. Skipper pounds on the Cat, and then goes over to hit on Miss Jones. Are we going to see a Miss Jones heel turn at Superbrawl? Skipper throws Cat out. The Cat gets thrown into the rail. Primetime throws the Cat back into the ring. This match blows. Guillotine leg drop by Skipper, but the Cat kicks out. The Cat comes back with several kicks. Feliner attempt by the Cat, but Skipper avoids it. Skipper goes for overdrive, but the Cat reverses it into a forward roll. Primetime goes up top, but the Cat hits him with a double axe handle and a Feliner and it's (mercifully) over. YOUR WINNER: The Cat via the Feliner. The Cat dances. Storm comes on the mic and says "Turn that garbage off." Storm asks if the Cat is man enough to pick it up a level. Out comes Mike Awesome. Awesome Pearl Harbors the Cat from behind and then hits a frog splash. Mean Gene is interviewing Totally Buff. They don't say anything important. Something about Brian Adams and the "time-limit draw" from last Monday. Cut to Chavo talking to the Wall. Chavo tells the Wall to take out Rey Misterio, Jr. No, no, please no. As we cut away, there is maniacal laughter in the background. Kwee Wee (by himself) is walking by some jobbers in the back as they are laughing at Kwee Wee. Kwee Wee picks on the smallest guy and says he wants a piece of him tonight. Flair is trying to tell Steiner to focus on Superbrawl backstage. Lex Luger vs. Brian Adams Adams attacks Luger outside the ring to start. Adams throws Luger back in the ring. This is a brawl. They are back outside and Luger throws Adams into the steps. Now Luger throws Adams into the rail. The Package poses. We're back in the ring now. Luger with a belly to back suplex. A two count. I think I'm going to get depressed covering Thunder. It's like WCW Saturday Night or something. Bear hug by Luger. Gosh, this match sucks a big one. Head butt by Adams to break free. Adams blocks a snap suplex attempt by Luger, and Adams hits a suplex of his own. Backbreaker by Adams. How much you want to bet we don't see a clean finish here? What do you know? Out comes Buff Bagwell. Adams punks him outside the ring. Adams comes back in and his the full nelson slam for the three count!!!! Semi-clean finish! Semi-clean finish. YOUR WINNER: Brian Adams via the full nelson slam. Buff comes in, but out comes Bryan Clarke to fight off Totally Buff! A dog of a match, but at least it was a clean finish (sort of). Rey Misterio, Jr. vs. the Wall w/ Chavo Guerrero, Jr.. This can't be good. I don't even feel like watching this. The Wall, with his spike, looks like a character on Super Mario Brothers. Rey up top, but the Wall catches him. THIS BLOWS, ERIC!!! THIS IS NOT ENTERTAINING!!! Rey has the sleeperhold on the Wall, but of course the Wall gets out of it. The Wall goes up top and lifts Rey up with one arm and throws him down. The Wall tosses Rey out and Chavo Guerrero works him over. The Wall goes outside and throws Rey into the steel steps. F*** you, WCW.© The Wall throws Rey back in the ring. Tenay finally says something intelligent: "This is painful to watch." You got it, buddy. The Wall goes up top to splash Rey, but Rey moves out of the way. Rey finally hits a slingshot splash on the Wall. Chavo comes in, but Rey throws him out and does a moonsault on Chavo. As the referee is watching Rey and Chavo, Hugh Morrus comes in and gets a moonsault on the Wall. Rey comes back and hits his own moonsault on the Wall and Rey Misterio, Jr. wins! YOUR WINNER : Rey Misterio, Jr. via the moonsault. Morrus and Misterio clear the ring. It still sucked. With apologies to Aldo, that would be about five crying Indians there. Kwee Wee vs. Who? Kwee Wee gets on the microphone and says he will not be ignored. Kwee Wee pulls some "fan" out of the stands and pulls him into the ring. I'm not even gonna describe this. The guy Kwee Wee taunted in the back comes in. Missile dropkick by the guy (Johnny Dodson according to Tenay). That's about it. It's squash city after that. Piledriver and it's over. And the crowd goes wild. YOUR WINNER: Kwee Wee via the piledriver. F*** you, WCW.© "Above Average" Mike Sanders vs. Konnan Konnan gets on the mic. I can't understand him. He talking in Pig Latin or something. Schiavone, laughing: "Word." Nice attempt, at least. Knee to the chest by Sanders. Two count. Sanders taunts the fans. Konnan comes back with a kick to the face. What did I do to deserve this? I'd rather watch "Temptation Island" while eating a pile of crap. Konnan with a lariat. Hip toss now and an arm drag takeover. Face jam by Konnan. He goes for the tequila sunrise. Sanders taps out quickly. It's over. YOUR WINNER: Konnan via the tequila sunrise. Yuck. Sanders is better than that. Konnan is not. Gene interviews the Harris brothers. OH NO!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!! GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!!!!! Don says he has a manager's license. Good, they're not wrestling tonight. DDP and Nash are WALKING!!! Uh-oh, now Jarrett and Rick Steiner are WALKING!!!! Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett and Rick Steiner Nash and Page come in and all four men go at it!!! Nash and Page clear the ring of the bad guys. It's going to be Page and Jarrett to start the match. Page with a couple of nice clotheslines. Page slides around a dropkick attempt by Jarrett. Jarrett throws Page into a Rick Steiner clothesline and hits a DDT. Jarrett tags Rick Steiner in. Is "You want some, come get some. You don't like me, bite me." all Rick Steiner can say? He says it again. Now Jarrett is back in the ring. He drops a clothesline on Page, and tags Steiner back in. As the ref is keeping Nash from coming in, the heels work over Page. Jarrett goes for the cover, two count. Sleeperhold by Jarrett. Sleeper into a reverse neckbreaker by Page! Both men are down. Jarrett tags Steiner, and Steiner stops Page from making the tag. Belly to belly suplex by Steiner. Two count. Jarrett is back in. Again, both heels work over Page as the ref holds Nash back. Page hits a clothesline on Jarrett and both men are down. Page gets the hot tag to Nash, finally, as Jarrett tags Rick Steiner. Nash hammers both men. Nash hits a side slam on both men. Boots to both of their faces and Jarrett goes out. Jarrett and DDP are outside fighting, and Nash hits the powerbomb on Rick Steiner. It's over! Clean finish! Clean finish! YOUR WINNERS: Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page via the jack knife powerbomb. Scott Steiner and Totally Buff appear on the ramp. Kronik comes out to join DDP and Nash in the ring as we fade to black. The Good: The cruiserweight match. As usual. The Bad: The rest of the whole show was horrible! What a waste of everyone's time. The Ugly: Kwee Wee. He stays on here until he gets a different character or until he's off my TV. And, believe me, it's very ugly. I'd like to see Steve Corino come in and just start beating the snot out of Kwee Wee. Hell, I wouldn't care if Hogan came back if he beat the snot out of Kwee Wee. How annoying. Well, adios everyone, I am Big Mike, and remember, as Robert Earl Keen says, "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends." [/QUOTE]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/THNDRLOG.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]WCW Thunder Live on TBS Live from the Onondoga War Memorial, Syracusa, New York, USA Thursday Week 1 February 2001[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.oncenter.org/warmemorial/images/warMemPhoto.jpg[/IMG] Firstly, off topic, on DDTDigest.com I found this little ripper from Rik G. from Belgium [QUOTE]4. Keep it simple. Stop idiotic feuds. Go to the basics and think 'why would the others want to beat my champion?'. The answer is simple 'to win the title and get the glory'.[/QUOTE] Amen brother. Testify. I somehow hope Rik G from Belgium that this dynasty eventually finds its way to you, and you and me and all the classic WCW fans can mark out like motherf***s. [B][U]The Mamalukes v KroniK[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Tag team action to set the ball rolling on Thunder. The underdogs were clearly the Mamalukes, who were on a horror losing stretch, particularly ever since getting in the way of the New North South Connection, who completed detested their European ethnicity. KroniK looked to be bullying their way to the win here, trying to get back on the "push" they seemed to be getting under the previous regime. However, Adams ran into the Paisan Plant, and Clarke was unable to make the save. The Mamalukes the winners here.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]Backstage, the New North South Connection watch[/U][/B] [QUOTE]We go into the locker room of Lance Storm and "The King of Old School" Steve Corino who have watched the opener. "Not enough Old School, Lance." "You know Steve, that Paisan Plant I'm sure goes against rule 24.B. section 4 of the Canadian Wrestling Rulebook guide..." "It's no use Lance, we're in good ol' New York." "How could I forget. If I may be serious for a minute... this is the crime city of the world. Listen to the fans lapping up the Mamalukes. It's no surprise." "Don't worry about it Lance, let's just get ready for our match tonight and enjoy beating the bejesus out of them at.... Greed."[/QUOTE] A Self Comment: WOOT! They must be starting to get over. [B][U]"Nature Boy" has his say on Greed[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock entered Ric Flair's dressing room. The "Nature Boy" sat in expensive attire, on his leather couch. "WOOO!!! C'mon on baby, ready to take a ride on Space Mountain?" "Ric, I'm a journalist." "Sure you are baby, sure you are. And I bet you got the job on the merits of your interviewing skills. WOOO!!" "Of course..." The camera briefly bans away from the microphone to Pam's chest. Uh-oh, we know why Pammy got the job. "Anyway Ric, I want to talk to you about tonight's four way dance between Sting, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas to see who will be the last men to set foot in the squared circle with you at Greed in your farewell. Your thoughts if you will?" "You know what Pam, as I've said a thousand times, learn to live with it, learn to love it, we've only just begun, you understand what I'm saying? Somebody told me... WOOO!!! The "Nature Boy" would be in town tonight in Syracusa, New York city? WOO!!! Is that true Pamela? I'll tell you what else is true, diamonds are forever, and so is World Championship Wrestling. And that's the bottom line. All week I've been reading obituaries about WCW with the "Nature Boy" retiring - firstly let me say, hell of a compliment, but just like Ric Flair, the party will go on and on and on. Now... WOOO!!!! Onto tonight. You see Pam, tonight is a great night. Tonight, one man will be crowned lucky enough to set foot in the ring with the Nature Boy, Ric Flair, a 16 time World Heavyweight Champion in his final hoorah. Make no bones about it Pam, I've had calls from Harley Race, I've had calls from Ricky Steamboat, I've had calls from Nikita Koloff, Roddy Piper, hell, even Dusty Rhodes and Arn Andersoncame to offer their assistance - they all said to me, if it's anyone other than Sting or Mysterio Jr, and there's the threat of a bull**** ending to my career, they'll all be there. So let me break it down for you. There are four competitors going out there tonight, two of them will tell you how great an honour for them to get in the ring with me. The other two, will not. Two men are telling the truth. The other two, are not. To borrow a line from my good friend the American Dream, there's not a whole lot more I need to say about the way I feel about Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas... no respect, no honour, there is no honour among thieves in the first place. WOOO!!! That's for you Dusty pal, that's for you." "So what do you think of all four competitors again?" "Firstly, Sting and Rey Mysterio Jr. Two of the true gentlemen of this sport. It would be as big an honour for me to stroll between the ropes to face one of them in my last match. Sting is an honourable man who has defied logics to save World Championship Wrestling over... and over..... and over.... and over again. And when I look at Rey Mysterio Jr, yeah, he looks different Pam, but I tell you what, I see a cross in Rey between so many great competitors. I gotta tell you. WOOO!!! I see bits of Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, I see bits of Harley Race, I see pieces of Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, I see pieces of "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, I see parts of him that remind me of Jack Brisco, you know what I'm saying? Rey Mysterio Jr is the "New Generation", one day he's going to realise all the potential he has and be rightfully crownd the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. WOOO!!! And you know who will be the first to congratulate him? That's right, the "Nature Boy". Let me tell you, if WCW was going through Charlotte, North Carolina, and they told me there was going to be a party with another incarnation of the Four Horsemen, those two would join Ric Flair - no questions asked. I'd have as much faith in them as I had in Arn Anderson, or Ole Anderson, or Tully Blanchard to get in there and get the job done. To be elite. To be a horseman. WOOO!!" "And what about Jarrett and Douglas?" "There's not a whole lot that needs to be said about them son of a ****es..." With that he stands up, and peels off his Armani jacket. "You see this? Armani baby. $500 jacket pal. $500. I'm a classy guy, I'm a limousine riding, jet flying, stylin, profilin son of a gun. And let me tell you, I'm a class above either Jarrett or Douglas. But rest assured Pam, if push comes to shove, and the powers that be and the great man above elect either of those two cowards to set foot in the ring with me, WOOO!!! They better bring a stretcher and cue up an ambulance, baby. Oh yeah. When Space Mountain, the greatest wrestler alive today finishes with them, they'll be just like hundreds of men who've tried it before them to finish me off. They all failed. From Jim Herd .. Sparticus? To the legendary Wahoo McDaniel. And let me tell you, they don't come any tougher than Wahoo. They've all tried it pal. They've all tried it. But you have to ... WOOO!!! Remember this. Diamonds are forever.... WOOO!!!! And so is Ric Flair. And when all's said and done, the Nature Boy is the dirtiest player in the game. I'll match their tactics blow for blow Pam, it'd be a grave dishonour to have to face either one, but let me tell you, Jarrett, Douglas, either one of you I'll turn that dishonour into honour by pounding you to within an inch of your lives. Learn to live with it... Learn to love it... Diamonds are forever... and so is Ric Flair... WOOOO!!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]International Strike Force v Beauty and the Beast[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Dusty Rhodes led his new team, General Rection and Samoa Joe to the ring hyped up after their debut victory last Nitro. The newcomers came out, still largely unknown to their fans. The powerful looking Dave Bautista faced off against Samoa Joe, and the two youngsters showed a lot of talent early on. Eventually both Rection and Orton got some time in the ring, with Orton showing off a lot of smugness that looked exactly like Cowboy Bob Orton Jr in his prime as the infamous "Ace" character. However, Bautista finally got hold of Rection, and with Samoa Joe distracted by "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, Bautista was able to hit an amazing power bomb... and make the cover for the pinfall victory for their first ever WCW win![/QUOTE] D [B][U]Contract Signing[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the break, a table is set up in the centre of the ring with two chairs on either side. Vince Russo comes to the ring. "New York! I god damn love this god damn state of New York. WCW is built on places like this. Why am I out here? Tonight, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T, and number one contendor Big Poppa Pump will sign their contract to face one another at... Greed, for the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Introducing first, coming to the ring with Eric Bischoff, the "Genetic Freak", Big Poppa Pump..." Big Poppa Pump comes to the ring dressed in a suit, suit his muscular physique is bulging through to the selevation of Mr Bischoff. "And ... a real American hero, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, give it up for.. BOOKER T!!" The crowd goes crazy as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion comes to the ring dressed in a New York Yankees shirt and dress pants. "Alright gentlemen, if you could sign the contract..." Booker T signs first. Big Poppa Pump gets Bischoff to look it over, and once he gets approval, signs it also. "Alright gentlemen, any comments before god damn Greed?" Booker T takes the microphone. "Yeah dawg, I have a few comments to make. Big Poppa Pump, the Big... Bad.... Booty... Daddy. You and your freakish mouth have a habit of running wild on Booker T's integrity. Well let me tell you something. These great people, I mean look at them, New York is a wonderful place..." Cheap pop. Hey it works. "... Yeah, they dig it... these people are sick and tired of hearing what you're going to do, sucka. So at Greed, I'm going to shut your mouth for you dawg. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER.... HATE.. THE GAME!" Big Poppa Pump snatches a microphone from the table. "Is that right? You just think you can come down here and try and get under the skin of the Genetic Freak? The Big Bad Booty Daddy. There is not one woman in this crowd who is not here thinking about my Peaks.... and other things related to the Big Bad Booty Daddy. They all wish they were my freaks. But you Booker T, you're nothing. That WCW World Heavyweight Championship belongs along the waist of the Genetic Freak, my freaks have been missing it back at the hotel, a bit of... as you say... bling bling. But talk is cheap Booker, why don't YOU put your money where your mouth is, later tonight... you and me, man on man, freak on wannabe... Holla if you hear me!" "Oh it's on dawg! Now ... can you DIG IT... SUCKA!" With that, Big Poppa Pump looks to lay into Booker T but he's initially restrained by Eric Bischoff, and finally security floods the ring to prevent tension boiling over.[/QUOTE] B+ Self Note: Hmmm.. that's a disappointment to me. [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "Sugar" Shane Helms v "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A hellacious match to follow a hellacious and tense contract signing. The usual bells and whistles here, great spots, lots of action, and an open match with entertainment provided by all four participants. Daniels and Styles ability to fly and do incredible things is bewildering. However, the Champion retained his belt by hitting the Nightmare on Helms Street on AJ Style for the pinfall.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]Jarrett gloats and reminds Flair...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock catches up with Jeff Jarrett in front of the Thunder logo. "Jeff Jarrett, if I ..." "Shut up slapnuts... choke on that, or whatever it is you do. I have all the stroke around this place. But I bet I can read your one track mind right? You're interested in hearing about what plans I have in store for "Nature Boy" Ric Flair at Greed? Well, of course you are slapnut. All you slapnuts are the same. One track minds. Well Pamela, need I remind you of what I did to Ric Flair no less than a week ago... I took my guitar, and slammed it over the head of this so called immortal. Immortal? Oh you will be immotalised Ric... you will find out at Greed, after I win tonight, why I have all the stroke around this place, so choke on that, slapnut!"[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Dog Faced Gremlin" Attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner is heading to his locker room, when he's attacked from behind by Crowbar with a sledgehammer![/QUOTE] C [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner (c) v Crowbar[/U][/B] [QUOTE]And in typical hardcore style, that signals game on! Steiner took a lot of punishment early, but Crowbar tried to use the sledgehammer once too often, Steiner moved and he jarred his hands against the metal locker... Steiner took advantage of the vibration sensation and hit the Bulldog from behind for the pinfall.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]US Title Match Sean O'Haire (c) v "That 70s Guy" Mike Awesome[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A match with a lot of tension, that quickly descended into a brawl. For this match, the fans treated O'Haire as the good guy protecting the United States' integrity against the Canadian challenger. O'Haire following won dominance and hit the Seanton bomb for the win.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Sting attacked...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Sting was shown getting mauled by Shane Douglas and being thrown into the brick wall and generally pounded. Finally a man in a hooded jacket came to Sting's rescue, scaring Douglas off... the man turned around to reveal.... [B][U]R...V...D[/U][/B] TS: "Oh my God! That's Mr Monday Night?..." LZ: "The WHOLE F'N SHOW!!"[/QUOTE] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/robvandam/01.jpg[/IMG] B+ Self Note: Yep yep, he's the new mystery signing... [B][U]Goldberg pose down...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Goldberg was asked to the ring by "Mean" Gene Okerland, to pose for the fans after appearing on the cover of a Muscle Magazine. Goldberg proceeded to highlight his muscles and general menace, when "Positively" Chris Kanyon came to the top of the ramp with "Above Average" Mike Sanders. "Yo... I'll tell you what's .... less than Above Average Bill Goldberg, it's that..." "Ain't that true Chris..." "Positively... Who better than Kanyon?" Kanyon strikes a pose, but is mocked and jeered by the fans. Goldberg beckons both men into the ring, both men look to run out of the arena, but are surrounded by security who escort them to the ring.[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg v "Above Average" Mike Sanders and "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Kanyon again weasaled his way out of the match, allowing Mike Sanders to try and stall Goldberg for as long as he could. Fortunately for him, he realised GOldberg was carrying a calf injury, and proceeded to work on in it with a series of drop toe holds into submission moves. Eventually, Sanders was speared... and Jackhammered! However as Goldberg went to cover, Kanyon snuck up from behind with the Flatliner!!! 1..2..3!![/QUOTE] B [B][U]Booker T/Big Poppa Pump video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video played highlighting the murky events that had boiled over in the Booker T/Big Poppa Pump fued.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Perfect Event v the Filthy Animals v the New North South Connection[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Add one more tag team, add a whole lot of fun my friends. That's your typical three way dance tag team recipe in WCW. And when you add the New North South Connection, you add a whole lot of quality to the match anyway. The Perfect Event held sway for the match though, underlining their rights to be WCW World Tag Team Champions. However Shawn Stasiak got ****y, allowing Kidman to hit a stunning missile drop kick into a quick cover for the victory![/QUOTE] B+ Self Note: Happy with that! [B][U]Flair video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video was played highlighting and emphasing Ric Flair's comments about all four competitors in the upcoming match. His respect for Sting and Mysterio, and disdain and hatred for Jarrett and Douglas.[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]The Ric Flair Retirement Match Qualifier Sting v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Early on, Jarrett and Douglas passed on some instructions behind covered whispers, and so it proceeded that Jeff Jarrett went to the outside and brawled with Sting, hoping to leave Douglas to collect the win over the much smaller underdog, Rey Mysterio Jr. The fighting was intense outside, with Jarrett using such moves as face first suplexes on top of the steel guard rail to open Sting up. No matter how hard Rey tried, he couldn't mount an arsenal to overcome Douglas, thanks to several underhanded tricks that'd have made his bitter enemy Ric Flair proud. Just when it seemed lost, as Douglas showboated in preparation for the Franchiser... Rob Van Dam ran to ringside, hitting a drop kick on the way to Jeff Jarrett knocking him into the crowd where International Strke Force with Dusty Rhodes had come to watch the action, with Rhodes a close friend they kept Jarrett "Occupied", Rob Van rolled Sting into the ring who found his second wind... got the crowd going, and from nowhere hit a series of Stinger Splashes on Douglas... eventually Douglas fell prey to the Scorpion Death Drop, and reluctantly tapped to the Scorpion Death Lock... STING will face Flair at Greed![/QUOTE] B Self Note: Damn? Really? Only a B [B][U]Match Hype[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Prior to the last ad break, the commentators hyped the Booker T and Big Poppa Pump show down NEXT![/QUOTE] A [b][u]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump v the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T[/b][/u] [QUOTE]Bitter punches thrown left right and centre, with no regard to their own health. Booker T surprised the crowd by taking Big Poppa Pump up to the top rope. However, Big Poppa Pump punched back to gain control with both men at the top... in an unbelievablely sick moment that defied life and death, Big Poppa Pump superplexed from the top... crashing both men through the announce table which was positioned way too close to the ring apron (Uh oh - someone's gonna get sued...).. the referee counted, but neither man was conscious to beat the 10 count as paramedics rushed to the scene!!![/QUOTE] A Overall Rating: B+ Crowd: 8,592 Viewers: 925,487 on TBS SmackDown! got 2,048,278 on UPN for a B show from the Stadium of Light Arena, in Sunderland in the UK Well... I look forward to hearing some comments regarding the show... I personally liked booking that one, had a bit of spice I think.

... [QUOTE][SIZE="4"]Three shock signings [/SIZE] Courtesy of [URL="http://www.takeyourvitaminssayyourprayersbecauseimalyingmother.com"]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/URL] By Editor [EMAIL="wouldyouifhernamewaskrystalsteal?@wcwwrestling.com"]Willie Ruther[/EMAIL] The wrestling world is in a state of shock reacting to news that World Championship Wrestling will revert back from a two televised show per week schedule, to a four show per week schedule with the announcement that both NBC and CBS have agreed to carry new World Championship Wrestling shows. The finer details are being worked out, but it is understand NBC will air "Glycerine", 10PM Saturday nights with a 2 hour slot, and on Friday night World Championship Wrestling will air "Fire" on CBS. World Championship Wrestling President John Simpson commented, "People have spoken figuratively about nails being driven in the coffin of World Championship Wrestling over the past few years. People have labelled it 'terminally ill'. Today's announcement shows to all our stakeholders, including our beloved fans that it is anything but dead. NBC and CBS are both prestigious networks who demand quality - both networks were extremely keen to sign the World Championship Wrestling product. Bearing in mind that Turner Networks is now part of the AOL/Time Warner merger, and that Ted Turner unfortunately no longer has the final say on the wrestling component on their network, we feel this gives us a lot more stability to showcase our product. This is an amazing feat, and we all now feel confident that World Championship Wrestling can take back control of the wrestling industry, and provide fans with four great WCW shows week in, week out to choose from rather than the stock standard four major shows currently offered between us and our major competitor." No comment was made by either the World Wrestling Federation, or Extreme Championship Wrestling, although it is understood Paul Heyman and the ECW crew are still in somewhat of a state of shock with the surprise show of "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Damn on WCW's Thunder. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/robvandam/01.jpg[/IMG] A WCW insider stated that Rob Van Dam had fitted in well with the company backstage, and was in line for a possible major push in the near future once he is established with the predominately southern USA audience. But for now, the move by Rob Van Dam, while a somewhat startling and courageous one given the shaky state of professional wrestling seems to have paid off for the master of the Van Daminator. [B][U][IMG]http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/11/NBC-logo-RGB-pos3.jpg[/IMG] NBC will air Glycerine, Saturday, 10PM (2 hours)[/U][/B] [B][U][IMG]http://www.lasc.be/media/images/cbs_logo.jpg[/IMG] CBS will air Fire, Friday, 10PM (2 hours)[/U][/B] [/QUOTE] ...NB: I was so excited, I didn't write down which network got which, but I'm 80% sure it's NBC who got Glycerine, and Fire goes to CBS. Here's a little competition for all y'all "Death of WCW" fans, for any graphically minded individual to come up with logos for both Glycerine, and Fire. The prize will be something to do with deciding a match stipulation for Greed, that I will discuss later on dependent on participation!

Wow brother. Thats a lot of diary writing isint it? Im glad that you were able to get these networks, but isint that a bit of overkill? Oh well it is your diary. as for Thunder, great show! I am so happy that its going to be Flair vs. Sting in his going away match. It reminds me of the Nights Of Champions (the very last WCW show, but Im sure you know that) when it was Flair vs Sting. Great show and Im sure the injury between Booker and Steiner will play into things greatly. I also love the comparision between your WCW and the old WCW. It puts into perspective where WCW was heading at that time, and that it COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED if some people would have put their egos aside. Dispite what Vince thinks, the WWF did not put WCW out of busniess, WCW put WCW out of busniess. To be honest I watched the WWF more back then (I was a teenager at the time and into the large amount of sex and over the top antics of DX and the attitude era), however the wrestling world was so much better when WCW was around to make Vince actually think every once and a while. Now a days they just recycle all the same old crap week in and week out, its really a shame becasue they do have some good talent. However with the constant increase in pop for TNA, we may just see a WCW / WWF type fued in the next few years. It seems that TNA is starting just the same way WCW did, however they dont have the money backing that Tuner gave WCW. However enouph of my ranting, great show and I cant wait for Greed!

Sting/Flair looks awesome, and good new logos guys. One thing though, you better make sure that they all aren't A Quality shows or you're going to be tired as hell. Not even sure if it's humanly possible to book that much that well. Four shows.. Does this call a brand split? Wouldn't that be a twist in another direction!

The four show thing is daunting, no doubt, but the current pace of how many posts per day itself is rather frenetic. Within the next two or so weeks I resume my studies, so the posts will slow down irrespective of how many shows we're running. In retrospect, given Thunder is a low rating show, I'm going to do away with it. Thunder's on it's last season, it is no major loss in my book. The key ingredient lacking in WCW at this stage is the lack of a really highly watched show. No matter how much better the quality of the shows, WCW's shows currently will pale in comparison to the WWF's shows in term's of viewership. The only way to change that, and speed up the popularity push for the undercard wrestlers coming up is to increase exposure on more dominant networks. Besides, in a bit of 'kayfabe' media style, WCW wouldn't have wanted to have been too reliant on AOL/Time Warner networks, because... well, we all know what happened there thanks to Mr Kellner's fatal decision. I must admit, I was shocked to have the networks both come back favourably, I targetted both due to their enormous size and the latitude of their globalised coverage, but expected either both to decline or one to accept. Nevertheless, it's a challenge, but it's imminently doable. Awesome new logos guys, thanks so much. As I say, the prize to be confirmed in due course ;)

... [QUOTE]WCW.com is pleased to announce the following matches for the up coming edition of... Nitro! [LIST] [*]Sting and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett and Vader [*]"The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v "The New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr [*]Beauty and the Beast v International Strike Force [*]The Perfect Event v The New North South Connection [*]"Sugar" Shane Helms will defend the Cruiserweight Championship against AJ Styles [*]"Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam will make his official debut against "Above Average" Mike Sanders [*]Plus an update on the condition of Booker T and "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump [*]Goldberg will be in attendance [*]Plus expect developments as to who bailed Diamond Dallas Page out of the big house, and why [*]All that and much much more, as Nitro sizzles New York! [/LIST][/QUOTE] (Predictions Welcome)

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton]Sting/Flair looks awesome, and good new logos guys. One thing though, you better make sure that they all aren't A Quality shows or you're going to be tired as hell. Not even sure if it's humanly possible to book that much that well. Four shows.. Does this call a brand split? Wouldn't that be a twist in another direction![/QUOTE] I hadn't really thought of the Brand Split. I have to be honest with you, I'm really, really not a fan of the brand splits in the WWE. I think the shows would have been far more marketable as WWE Raw and WCW Nitro. The reality of competition is gone, and I think that has hurt crowd reactions.

... [QUOTE][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/layout/topcenter.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Madness Squashed[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/randysavage/28.jpg[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling President John Simpson today issued a press release on WCW.com denying rumours that former World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion "Macho Man" Randy Savage had agreed to terms with the Atlanta based wrestling franchise. "Negotiations did commence at an informal pace last week," Simpson was quoted as saying. "However, after asking Randy and his manager to go away over the weekend to come up with their preferred terms, we believed it to be unwise to formally pursue contract negotiations any further. We wish Randy all the best." It is understood the breaking point in negotiations came with Savage demanding a 4 and a quarter year contract with World Championship Wrestling. However, it is understood the plans for Savage were primarily going to be 2 years maximum in which time he would be used heavily to put younger generation stars over with his massive popularity and pulling power. Savage has been regarded as somewhat of a controversial figure in the world of professional wrestling. He is revered as one of the great showmen of the Hulkamania induced era, wrestling great matches with Hulk Hogan himself, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and a phenomonal retirement match with the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania Seven. Perhaps though, his crowning World Wrestling Federation moment came at Wrestlemania 3 when he lost to Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in front of the biggest wrestling in US history at the Pontiac Superdome in Detroit, Michigan. Prior to coming to the World Wrestling Federation he was a star in the Memphis area, working high profile matches with Jerry "The King" Lawler and others such as Austin Idol. He is the son of legendary central states competitor Angelo Poffo. Savage then moved to WCW following his time in the World Wrestling Federation, after becoming disgruntled at being consigned to being a colour commentator. He won one WCW World Heavyweight Championship in 1995 and was a pivotal member of the New World Order. In 1999, his contract expired with WCW and he was not resigned. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/randysavage/01.jpg[/IMG] His personal life has been somewhat strained. He married the beautiful Miss Elizabeth (pictured above) in December 1984, although this was not acknowledged on screen until Summerslam 1991. During his time in the World Wrestling Federation, he was managed mostly by his much loved and admired wife, although he had a brief interlude with Sister Sherri as his manager following his character losing faith with Miss Elizabeth with the turbulent break up of on again off again enemy Hulk Hogan as the Mega Powers. Prior to coming to World Championship Wrestling, Elizabeth filed for divorce, although this was not acknowledged on air. Eventually, this was acknowledged when Elizabeth began escorting new boyfriend "Total Package" Lex Luger to the ring towards the end of Savage's last WCW run. Savage though was not to be outdone, bringing in manager Stephanie Bellars as Gorgeous George (pictured below), a busty blonde stripper. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stephaniebellers/11.jpg[/IMG] It is also suggested in the wrestling world that these strained relationships and the perceived chaotic attitude of Randy Savage ultimately brought negotiations to a close, particularly in light of the 4 year request which did not meet WCW's plans. [/QUOTE]

RVD Defeats Mike Sanders Shane Helms Over AJ Styles Perfect Event Over T.N.N.S.C (Although I Don't expect a clean win) International Strike Force Defeats Beauty And The Beast "Positively" Chris Kanyon Over Rey Mysterio Jr Buff Bagwell Over Sid Vicious Sting & Flair Defeats Jarrett and Vader My Predictions

[B]Sting and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [/B]v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett and Vader "The Master and Ruler of the World" [B]Sid Vicious[/B] v Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell "Positively" Chris Kanyon v "The New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr [B]Beauty and the Beast[/B] v International Strike Force The Perfect Event v [B]The New North South Connection[/B] "Sugar" Shane Helms will defend the Cruiserweight Championship against [B]AJ Styles[/B] "Mr Monday Night" [B]Rob Van Dam[/B] will make his official debut against "Above Average" Mike Sanders Nice card. Cant wait to read Nitro!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitrologo2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro, Monday Week 2, February 2006 Live from the Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY. Live on TNT[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]International Strike Force (Samoa Joe and General Rection) v Beauty and the Beast (Dave Bautista and Randy Orton)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A quick match, Bautista and Orton dominated early, but then got too ****y, and while showboating in the centre of the ring Rection was able to double clothesline them, sending himself and Bautista to the outside. Samoa Joe climbed to the top rope, and a frog splash onto Orton for the victory![/QUOTE] C- [B][U]The New North South Connection demand the Perfect Event[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the match, the New North South Connection, "King of Old School" Steve Corino and Lance Storm stood in the ring. "If I may be serious for a moment... I'd like to invite the Perfect Event out here to face us right here, right now, for the World Tag Team Championships. We've earnt it.." "Oh yeah, we've earnt it Lance. We've done things the old school way, beat people up, ask questions later..." Just then, the Perfect Event music hits and the tag team champions come out. "Well well well Shawn, did you hear that? The New North South Connection wants the Perfect Event. They all do, it's no secret. I'll tell you what Lance, I'll tell you what Steve, we'll give you the match, but you don't deserve a shot at these titles just yet!"[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]The Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak) v The New North South Connection ("The King of Old School" Steve Corino and Lance Storm)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Perfect Event ran to the ring, and start trading blows with the New North South Connection. The bigger men from the Perfect Event took control, and the match officially started with Shawn Stasiak and Lance Storm as the legal men. The bout was frenetic, Storm and Corino used a lot of old school technical moves like drop toe holds, running drop kicks etc., whereas the Perfect Event focussed on their power game. Eventually the power game paid dividends when Lance Storm attempted a high cross body block, was caught by Palumbo, and dropped in the Chuck Deluxe. Corino tried to make the save but was stopped by Shawn Stasiak.[/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the match, Ric Flair came to the ring. "Woooo!!! Somebody told me, WCW was going to have a party in Buffalo, New York!! WOOOO!!! Is...that...true? Nobody parties like the Nature Boy. On Thunder, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, in collaboration with "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett nearly conspired to prevent Sting from getting the honour of going one on one, at Greed, with the Nature Boy in my last match. But, as he has done for 15 years my friends, Sting won through. I'm out here for three reasons tonight. Firstly, to look at all the lovely ladies out here tonight... WOOO!!!! Just remember girls, Ric Flair is still space mountain. Number two, is to give a lot of credit to a guy I did not even know was going to be in the arena last Thursday. He goes by the name of... "Mr Monday Night", Rob Van Dam..." The crowd start chanting.... R..V..D.... R...V...D... R...V...D R...V...D "That's right, the man who calls himself the whole ****ing show. And man, I gotta tell you, I can see why. Rob Van Dam... WOOO!!! I see a lot of Ric Flair in you pal. Honour, guts, dedication, doing what's right for business. You didn't need to come out here at Thunder and make a mark for your own back, but you did. Why? Because you knew it was right. My decision to retire from professional wrestling..." The crowd start chanting... Don't go Ric... Don't go Ric.... Don't go Ric.... "I've heard that a million times, the ladies can't get enough of the Nature Boy..WOO!!! Seriously though, my decision has been made that much easier, because when I look at who is out the back at a typical WCW show, I see the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T, I see Sting, I see the "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, I see "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam, I see the International Strike Force, I see Chavo Guerrero Jr, I see AJ Styles, I see Goldberg... and you know what, that makes me feel alive man. It makes me feel alive. It reminds me of when Sting, myself and a few others like Arn Anderson worked their tails off night in, night out, for you people. The guts is back in WCW baby, the guts is back. It's been missing for a few years, but let me tell you, this place is happening again... WOOO!!! But the main thing I wanted to come out here and talk to you great people about is... Sting. You see Sting, we've been down this road many times before. And I've got to say firstly, it's an enormous honour to end my career with you as my opponent. What's more, it's an enormous honour for me to tag with you tonight against Jeff Jarrett and Vader. But regardless of the sentiment of the match brother, I'm going to give my all out there. It'll be my last time in the ring, so don't expect any favours, pal. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair... WOOOO!!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Ladders Match "Sugar" Shane Helms v "The Real Deal" AJ Styles[/U][/B] [QUOTE]AJ Styles came to the ring in new attire, and a new music video nominating himself as the real deal. This match was high paced, from start to finish. The ladder assisted many bewildering moves from AJ Styles, notably a moonsault from the top onto Sugar Shane Helms, and a corkscrew leg drop from the middle rung on Helms. However, the slightly more experienced Helms held out, when the two men went up the ladder together. When both men were at the top, after a battle of closed fists, Helms sprung to the top with amazing agility, grabbed hold of the belt and kicked Styles square in the mouth while only gaining balance from the belt. Styles fell off, Helms regained his footing on the ladder, was able to undo the belt tie and regain the title![/QUOTE] D [B][U]Sting thanks RVD[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Sting finds RVD doing one of his many amazing splits stretches near the production crew. "Hey, RVD..." "Yeah?" "Man, I just wanted to thank you for what you did at Thunder." "It's cool man. Everything's cool." "No, really, I was really impressed by it all. And listening to the fans, so were they." Rob Van Dam stands up, Sting puts out his hand and RVD shakes it. "Cool. Just remember, I've got your game, but I'm still the Whole F'N Show, and Mr Monday Night... and you, You're.... " "It's SHOWTIME... folks!" "Cool, that is so cool."[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Buff typically showboated at the start of the match, showing off his chiseled physique. However, it was a bad move, as it allowed Sid Vicious to take control early. Buff, despite being somewhat of a physical underdog, did get some moments of joy, mainly using his slightly build to get away from Vicious and then hit surprise dirty shots. But, the wrestling ring is only so high, and while Bagwell tried his damndest to keep away from Vicious by using the corners and indeed the area outside the ring, eventually he made a mistake trying to run the big man from side to side, running into a big boot... which was a prelude to the Power Bomb...1...2...3![/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Respect for Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the match, Bagwell was helped up by the trainer, as Sid Vicious celebrated. Bagwell grabbed at his head, and went over to Vicious. He tapped on his shoulder. After an eye to eye confrontation, Bagwell nodded his head in respect, and held up Vicious' arm and rolled out of the ring.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"Above Average" Mike Sanders interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock caught up with Mike Sanders. "You know Pamela, it doesn't matter what happened last week with Rob Van Dam. It just doesn't matter. I'm the leader of the Natural Born Thrillers, the group that holds the tag team gold here in WCW. You Rob Van Dam, you're a rookie here pal. I don't care what you've done elsewhere, you're facing up to a man who's more than Above Average, he is the true meaning of Mr Monday Night, the true meaning of the Whole F'N show... Damn Pam, I tell you what toots, after I get the 1...2..3 in the ring, how about we celebrate... all night long! Don't settle for an average man."[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Booker T in hospital[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Our cameras go to the hospital room where the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T lays. His head is heavily stitched up from Thunder. In comes Terry Funk... "Terry..." The two men shake hands. "Hey Booker. How you doing man?" "Dawg, I'm beat up good. But despite all that, you don't hate the player, hate the game." "What do you mean?" "The game is simple. Get the win..1..2...3. It's all about the game and how you play it dawg. That sucker, Big Poppa Pump, he may have hurt me good, but that was only one battle in a long war Terry. You and I, we've been down many pathways together dawg. We know what it's like. You win some, you lose some, but I tell you what dawg, that "Genetic Freak" will not beat me at Greed..." "He's a madman Booker, he's a madman. You know it woul.." Just then, Terry Funk is knocked to the ground. The camera pans to the left, it's Big Poppa Pump!!!!! "How's your head Booker man?... come on Booker, holla if you hear me..." "What do you want?" "Oh nothing... Nothing. Nurse, where's that mace..." Midajah, in a tight nurses uniform not holding much back, hands Big Poppa Pump a can of mace as our cameras cut out...[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam v "Above Average" Mike Sanders[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A hell of an introduction to WCW from Rob Van Dam. A very highly frenetic paced match this one, between two quite athletic workers. The crowd was right behind RVD, particularly when he hit his trademark Rolling Thunder Move... by this stage the crowd was chanting RVD RVD RVD, and from there he hit the Five Star Frog Splash for the win![/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" demands Diamond Dallas Page[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, a bandaged Kevin Nash, on crutches hobbles around... "Hello???... DDP... Where the **** are you... Pamela, Pamela, have you seen Diamond Dallas Page?" "He left a little while ago.." "Really? I should have smelt the fear in the air. Well Pamela, are we on?" "Yes, we're live." "Good. Good. You see Diamond Dallas Page, you made a big mistake not long ago turning on Big Sexy Kevin Nash. I used to be called... the Giant Killer. There's an old proverb, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. But I can tell you something you son of a *****, when I get hold of you, I'm going to Jack Knife you worse than anyone's ever been Jack Knifed in the history of professional wrestling. Dallas, I'm setting you a challenge, face me, in a cage... at Greed. One on one. Look at me, I'm beaten up bad. Surely I can't be that much of an obstacle for you. You've said as much that I was holding you back. So accept the challenge, face up to your fears..."[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Hello... Tamara[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair goes up to Kevin Nash. "Kevin..." "Ric... how's it going man. You're lo.." "Look man, I think you need to see this." Flair takes Nash over to a police officer who has camera footage from a camera at Kevin Nash's private residence. "What's this?" .... The footage shows Diamond Dallas Page pulling up to the house. He jumps out, and sees Tamara, Kevin Nash's wife grabbing the mail. "Hello... Tamara..." Page says in a stalker like voice. "You're looking...hot." "What do you want?" "You..." With that Page grabs Tamara by the back and covers her mouth with masking tape. A muffled HELP!!! is heard, but it's clearly inaudible to the neighbours. Page throws her into the back of the car, and speeds off. Tears well in the eyes of Kevin Nash... "Oh my god!" "Kevin, I'll escort you to our PD, and we will talk to you about these events.."[/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A long, drawn out match. Kanyon dominated proceedings, in this match he didn't feel the need to join the commentary team and soak up his opponents intensity cheaply. But at times, Rey Mysterio was able to spark the match and the crowd. However, he tried a handspring moonsault, Kanyon caught him... and hit an inverted Piledriver!!! 1...2...3! The innovator of offence, Chris Kanyon, ladies and gentlemen.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Douglas attacks[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, RVD is cooling down, when Shane Douglas comes from nowhere and slams a steel chair over his head. "You low life, son of a *****, come into my territory and take my rightful match against Ric Flair. I hate the Nature Boy, it was my destiny to bury his career!!" He continues to pound away at the face of RVD, but he stands up to leg drop him, but as he does so... he's speared!!!! GOLDBERG makes the save!!![/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Sting v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett and Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A good, good match. Vader and Jarrett were fluent in their tags, as were Sting and Flair. The veteran combo of Sting and Flair were often in trouble against Vader and Jarrett, but eventually Sting was able to make a hot tag to Flair, who showclassed his career best form to take out both Jarrett and Vader. Flair then put the figure four leglock on Jarrett... who waited to see if Vader would make the save, but he couldn't, so he tapped!![/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Jarrett not happy![/U][/B] [QUOTE]Post match, Jeff Jarrett eyed up Vader. He had his guitar. Vader turned around, and was crowned by the guitar. He fell to his knees. Flair and Sting pulled the guitar off Jarrett, and Vader got up, and Vader Bombed Jarrett!! He high fived both Flair and Sting!! Vader, the fan favourite was back![/QUOTE] B Vader was turned - it was rated as a complete disaster (Oh dear...oh well, ho hum) [B][U]Greed video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video is played for Greed, highlighting the Sting and Flair storyline built on honour and respect for Flair's final guard - and for Big Poppa Pump's terrorising of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T.[/QUOTE] A Overall Rating: A Attendence: 8,037 Viewership: Nitro, 1,771,307 on TNT RAW is WAR: B- from the Halifax Metro Centre, Canada, 15,000 in attendance. 2,865,735 viewers. "Total Package" Lex Luger arrived very late to Nitro.

... [QUOTE][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/layout/topcenter.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Total Package Pays the Total Price[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/l/lexluger/14.jpg[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling today announced that "Total Package" Lex Luger has been fired by World Championship Wrestling. It has been confirmed that Lex Luger was dismissed in line with new, tight protocols introduced by new WCW President John Simpson. It is understood Luger was extremely late in turning up to the last edition of Nitro in New York. Luger has had a chequered career. He is remembered by fans in Florida for an infamous match with the late Bruiser Brody in which Bruiser Brody failed to "sell" Luger's moves and follow the script. Indeed, as a means of self protection Luger got himself disqualified and jumped the cage to make sure Brody did not destroy his early career. He was crowned World Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion twice, and was seen alongside Sting as one of the main faces against the adversity of the New World Order. Nowadays, Luger is known to be dating Miss Elizabeth, the estranged wife of "Macho Man" Randy Savage. It is unknown whether either Extreme Championship Wrestling or World Wrestling Federation will be interested in hiring Luger. Neither WCW nor Luger made any official comment last night.[/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/layout/topcenter.jpg[/IMG] WCW has announced the following card for Thunder! [LIST] [*]Goldberg v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]Vader v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett [*]"The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell [*]The Filthy Animals v The Perfect Event [*]The New North South Connection v International Strike Force [*]"Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam v "The Animal" Dave Bautista [*]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v "Above Average" Mike Sanders [*]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "Positively" Chris Kanyon v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Sting [*]Plus more information regarding the kidnapping of Tamara Nash [*]An update on the health of Booker T [*][/LIST] All this and more, as Thunder comes to you on TBS![/QUOTE]

Steiner & Kanyon may pick up the duke here I think against Sting & Flair. Mysterio over Sanders RVD over Batista T.N.N.S.C over ISF Filthy animals over Perfect Event Buff over Sid Vader over Jarrett Goldberg Over Douglas

Goldberg v [B]"The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/B] [B]Vader[/B] v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett "The Master and Ruler of the World" [B]Sid Vicious[/B] v Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell The Filthy Animals v [B]The Perfect Event[/B] The New North South Connection v [B]International Strike Force[/B] "Mr Monday Night" [B]Rob Van Dam[/B] v "The Animal" Dave Bautista "New Generation" [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v "Above Average" Mike Sanders "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "Positively" Chris Kanyon v [B]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Sting[/B] Another great Nitro brother, however Im not digging the kiddnapping angle. However this is sports entertainment so I guess its cool. Kanyon beat Rey! Noooooooo! Hahahaha. Thunder looks good, cant wait to read.

[QUOTE=Tristram]It is unknown whether either Extreme Championship Wrestling or World Wrestling Federation will be interested in hiring Luger. [/QUOTE] Luger in ECW? He'd be booed out the building before he made it to the ring. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/THNDRLOG.jpg[/IMG] WCW Thunder from the Coliseo De Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico[/CENTER][/U][/B] [I]Segments of this report come to you from the good folk at [url]www.ddtdigest.com[/url][/I] [B][U]International Strike Force v the New North South Connection[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]First thing noted down here in Puerto Rico, Samoa Joe can move for a big man [*]In that essence, it's a good combination he has going with General Rection [*]What is up with that? When will he return to Hugh Morrus again? [*]This match was a typically quick WCW opener, Samoa Joe was able to get a little bit of offence in before tagging in General Rection who basically ran into a fired up Steve Corino, with lariats, and all manner of old school moves, before tagging in Lance Storm and hitting what appears to be a new tag team finisher for them, with Storm hitting a moonsault from the top ropes on a man bridged across in a backbreaker position... INCREDIBLE move! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Kevin Nash talks to detectives[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Your stock standard boys meet girl, boy loves girl, another boy steals girl storyline here [*]Nash basically spoke to detectives about his hatred for Diamond Dallas Page and all the things he'd done to him [*]... he even threw in a little mention of his love for his wife, how touching - feels like Days of Our Lives [*]Got an email prior to writing up the show from our good friend who guys by the name "Stallion", he's not digging the kidnapping storyline. Can't say I am too much either. Still, it keeps these two fossils out of the ring clogging up the upper midcard I guess. I wonder which wheelchair which win in the upcoming wheelchair derby they're pining for at Greed [*]Seemed like a good time for a toilet break. Five years ago these guys were cool.. so was the Marcharena [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Genetic Freak taking names[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Does Big Poppa Pump look more and more roided with each and every appearance? [*]Anyhow, he was backstage with Chris Kanyon here, telling Kanyon that tonight he has a match with Ric Flair and Sting.. and that norrmally he wouldn't need a hand to decomission two Big Bad Booty Daddy wannabes, but tonight he's in a generous mood and wants to make a star out of Kanyon so offers him a tag team opportunity [*]Awww... how generous. Maybe it's the roids speaking? [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]First off, how old is Sid Vicious? And are the Arn Anderson scissor rumours true? The reason I ask is because he deadset looks like he's scissored his forehead over and over, he looks that aged [*]Then again, he did cr@p himself once in the ring [*]We all expected the usual Sid domination job, which we got... till Buff came from nowhere to hit the Buff Blockbuster. [*]I still never figured out why he never stayed a babyface post his neck injury. [*]That has to figure in the top 10 dont's of pro wrestling booking - have a guy survive a ridiculuosly bad injury, get the fans caring for him empathatically, and when he returns, screw the fans and return him as a heel. Nice. [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Ric Flair and Sting video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A particularly well done segment I thought. [*]They actually played up a lot of facts and tribulations throughout Ric Flair's career. [*]And what a career it's been. Even setting aside the last 5 years of misuse and neglect, he'd have to be arguably the greatest wrestler of all time [*]Sting on the other hand, what an enigma. They showed some great moments, including the Stinger in the rafters v the nWo highlights - I think we all marked out like mofos for that [*]Some of Ric's classic interview moments from the old NWA days are highlighted [*]Sting's humble beginnings as "Blade" are even shown [*]Arn Anderson speaks about the "Sparticus" moment... wait, that might even top the Buff Bagwell don'ts of pro wrestling booking, take a superly over hero wrestler and make him "Sparticus", a midcarder with an earing [*]I'm looking forward to Greed [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam v "The Animal" Dave Bautista[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]This Dave Bautista fella is a big man, very muscular [*]Joanne from Philadelphia sent us a rather crude email about what she thinks of him... like whatever sister [*]RVD... RVD... RVD... hey, the WCW fans get it too. RVD, its as easy as 1..2..3... RVD...1..2..3.. I'm sure the Jackson Five even sang a song about it [*]RVD got the win here with an impressive Five Star Frog Splash [*]... Followed by the usual roll around in the ring, I broke my ribs routine and then a hook of the leg for the pinfall [*]If it works once, it'll work a thousand times. Just ask Hulk Hogan, the finger wag of doom was potent [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]"Above Average" Mike Sanders confident[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Sanders spoke backstage about his confidence for the upcoming match [*]You know, I'd believe him, except Rey Rey seems to be finally be getting a push above an opening card match [*]I'll lay $5 or whatever they spend down here on Rey Rey [*]That reminds me, pro wrestling booker don'ts again - two fo them - No Limit Soliders, and de masking a 13 year old midget [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio v "Above Average" Mike Sanders[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Seeing Rey in person gave me two insights, he's an incredible athlete, but, he isn't quite big enough to seem a legitimate contendor [*]Maybe good booking can get around that [*]This is WCW - oops, I forgot, Kevvy and the boys wouldn't allow that [*]By the way, is Kevvy on the team anymore? [*]Anyway's, a good match, finished with Rey Rey getting the win via springboard rana. [*]Whoever doesn't mark out for those moves is an Ultimate Warrior fan - poor you [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]The Chosen One speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]He gets a lot of heat, I'll give him that much [*]However, when you're thorwing in 37 cheap heat comments per interview, it's kinda hard not to [*]Jarrett told the fans about the betrayal of that low life Vader, and called him down to the ring to face him now [*]Why does Jeff Jarrett remind me of Hill Billy Jim? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Vader premisting ritual[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Woot ! Vader has dropped Bischoff firstly [*]Secondly, he's brought back the original black mask [*]And the head piece! [*]Watch that steam rise [*]Now only to bring back Stan "The Lariat" Hansen [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The big fella showed a lot of stamina to go a fair distance with the Chosen One [*]Whatever you call Jeff, he knows how to rile a crowd up [*]If he had a bit more skill, he'd be a genuine main eventer every day of the week and twice on Sunday [*]Still, he knows how to rile the crowd up, and I guess that's his job [*]Vader though stuck with him, and waited for Jarrett to make a mistake... and then ... ouch, a massive splash. It was like watching Earthquake in reverse. And that, as they say, was that [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Goldberg v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]You probably know you're not much chop when your entrance to the ring outrates your performance [*]"The Dean" was in impressive cheap handed form early on [*]But not for long... snap, crackle, pop, need I say more... who's next? Gillberg? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Nature Boy told Puerto Rico... Wooo!!! this, WOOOO!!! that [*]I dont' recall a whole lot more [*]But do we really need to? [*]You know when Ric's wooing, and he's mentioning Greed and Sting, that it's a good segment, and he didn't disappoint. [*]Pamela Paulshock is a babe. No arguments from anyone in Puerto Rico. [*]The words Filthy Sanchez were mentioned on more than one occasion in the cheap seats. [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Perfect Event v The Filthy Animals[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Bonus for all fans, Konnan turned up..haw haw haw [*]I hear Billy's been doing some work outs with Torrie Wilson. Lucky boy. [*]And it all worked in their advantage, as they collected the win when Konnan... that's right, K-Dawg... Ariba La Raza... say no more slapped on the Tequila Sunrise on Shawn Stasiak... [*]Is Chuck Palumbo getting a massive push? He never seems to get pinned himself. Hmmm. [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Booker T phone hook-up[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A prerecorded telephone interview from Mean Gene Okerland to the WCW World Heavyweight Champion was played [*]Apparently the "Player" is yet to get out of hospital, following Big Poppa Pump's recent attacks [*]Booker T was reluctant in answering the question as to whether he'd be fit for Greed [*]Booker T was told by Mean Gene that the WCW board had decided he'd be stripped of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship if he couldn't compete at Greed [*]He's come a long way since Wendy's... hasn't he? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "Positively" Chris Kanyon v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The roided rage machine made short work of Sting and Flair early on [*]Even Kanyon got in some offence [*]Big Poppa Pump is huge [*]But wait, even Kanyon got in some offence [*]Ric Flair can sell like a dead man [*]But wait, even Kanyon got in some offence [*]Funny how well you can get heat from actually wrestling, not commentating... wrestling 101 [*]Wrestling 101, give the fans a result [*]They didn't here, the match was eventually thrown out when all four men began brawling up the aisle [*]It was pandamonium... brother. [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ Overall: B+ Attendance: 9,233 Thunder drew a paltry 356,935 on TBS SmackDown! got 1,874,187 on UPN for a C+ show in front of 19,658 at the General Motors Place in British Columbia, Canada Personally, I find the TV viewership extremely disheartening. Look forward to your feedback on the change of report style. I used to and still do love ddtdigest.com

I love the new style brother. It really seperates your diary from everyone elses. Thanks for the little nod to my opinion on the kidnapping angle. Even though I dont really like it as much, like you said it gives them something to do to keep them happy while not actually putting them in matches. Did I already say I love the new style! Good show by the way. Greed should be awesome!

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Luger in ECW? He'd be booed out the building before he made it to the ring. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] I'm sure he would... then again, he could be played up as an anti-Extreme wrestler so to speak. Like the Hart Foundation were anti America etc. Even as a Right to Censor type figure. In 2001, ECW were in a state of disarray as well. Luger still had a name and had held two World Titles so in essence he may have been someone they could have used to put other guys over with. Besides, he's no stranger to extreme, he did after all wrestle the infamous "No Sell Hell" match with Bruiser Brody :-) (and I bet he sh@t himself too!) [QUOTE=The Stallion]I love the new style brother. It really seperates your diary from everyone elses. Thanks for the little nod to my opinion on the kidnapping angle. Even though I dont really like it as much, like you said it gives them something to do to keep them happy while not actually putting them in matches. Did I already say I love the new style! Good show by the way. Greed should be awesome![/QUOTE] Thanks mate. Greed still is a wee-way off, so the build up will be slow and intense!! I loved ddtdigest, I was even reading it last night when "Some new guy called Bill Goldberg beat Hugh Morrus after kicking out of the No Laughin Matter!", so I'm really looking forward to incorporating their style, particularly with a lot of my time being taken up by study commitments currently it's a lot easier for me to write up... I started to find the "The match started slowly... and then typing out the actual finish etc. as being a bit tedious and somewhat monotonious and same old same old. The other real good thing about it is, I can incorporate the opinions of followers into the show write up which I'm really looking forward to doing. Appreciate your support!

... [QUOTE][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/layout/topcenter.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B][u]The Fallen Angel Falls on the Dotted Line[/u][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/chrisdaniels/05.jpg[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling have today confirmed that 29 year old "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels has resigned with the Atlanta based promotion for another year. Recently, Daniels has been involved in a four way fued with Chavo Guerrero Jr, "Real Deal" AJ Styles and "Sugar" Shane Helms over the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. He has impressed insiders with his ability to tell a story in ring, as well as good entertainment skills. He is described by some insiders as one of the hottest talents on the professional wrestling circuit, and he is regarded as a key player in World Championship Wrestling's long term future - along with Rey Mysterio Jr, Chris Kanyon, Dave Bautista, Samoa Joe and Randy Orton. "Clearly we think quite highly of him," World Championship Wrestling President John Simpson said today. "He's at a very precocious stage of his career, so he's still got a lot of time to develop and get known by the fans so to speak, but he posseses an outstanding core base of skills which we think will stand him in good stead to move up as time goes on. Obviously myself and all of World Championship Wrestling is very excited that Chris decided to stay with us. He is a professional athlete, not only that, but a very nice guy who the rest of the locker room associate well with. He helps set the culture we are trying to attain of team work to give the fans the ultimate product." Christopher Daniels could not be reached for comment. It is understood that up to this point, Daniels was only working on a Pay-Per-Appearance deal but was still not approached by the World Wrestling Federation despite them being at war with World Championship Wrestling and over the past couple of years excelling at taking up and coming talent WCW talent and making them into established key players in the wrestling market. [/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/layout/topcenter.jpg[/IMG] WCW has announced the following card for Nitro in the Journey to Greed build-up! [LIST] [*]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "Positively" Chris Kanyon, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Sting, Vader, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Goldberg [*]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr and "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam v "Above Average" Mike Sanders, "That 70's Guy" Mike Awesome and WCW United States Champion Sean O'Haire in a handicap match [*]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Titles on the line with The Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak) v The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) v The New North South Connection ("King of Old School" Steve Corino and Lance Storm) v The Mamalukes (Johnny the Bull and Big Vito) [*]Three Count ("Sugar" Shane Helms and Shannon Moore) v "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and Chavo Guerrero Jr [*]Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious [*]"The Cat" Ernest Miller v Beauty and the Beast ("The Animal" Dave Bautista and Randy Orton) [*]Plus more info on Tamara Nash's whereabouts [*]Plus an update on the health of WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T [/LIST][/QUOTE]

Archived