The Death of WCW?

Well Mate, the results are in and I am really glad to see that you have recieved some of the recognition that you richly deserve for this diary. As sad as I was to see it end, I truly understand that it was time. I was afraid that the timing of this ending would hurt it in the voting, but as the results were revealed I was quite pleased as I hope you are. As the only diary that was nominated in the big categories that had ended I'm glad it recieved the recognition. Congrats on winning the [COLOR="Blue"][B]GDS Diary Awards 2007[/B][/COLOR] for [COLOR="blue"][B]Diary of the Year[/B][/COLOR]; [B][COLOR="blue"]Stable of the Year[/COLOR][/B]; [B][COLOR="blue"]Best Match Writeups[/COLOR][/B]; [COLOR="blue"][B]Rocky Mavia Award[/B][/COLOR]; and [B][COLOR="blue"]Manager of the Year[/COLOR][/B]. And for recieving recognition in the categories of [COLOR="blue"][B]Real World Diary[/B][/COLOR]; [B][COLOR="blue"]Best Promos[/COLOR][/B]; and [COLOR="blue"][B]Best Kayfabe Breaking Segments[/B][/COLOR]. I hope you are enjoying your trip, and God speed. Stay safe and have fun!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this diary hasn't been active for ever. But I just went back through and read it again. This is the one that inspired me to start posting my own diaries on the forum. And as fate would have it I've started a new WCW diary. All because of how great this one was, just thought I'd bump it to the top again for anyone knew to the boards who missed a truely Legandary run... cheers man!

Its weird but I've just been reading it too and thinking of doing a WCW dynasty. If ever an old diary is worthy of a bump then its this one. Hopefully tristram will get something new going when 08 comes out. I'd love to see a WCW dynasty from him with the new backstage interaction coming into play.

Peeps, Thank you so much for your comments. I must admit, I too have been reading through some of this, critiquing it. I guess when you put your heart and soul into something it always brings back some different emotions when you read over it again. On whether I'd look at doing another WCW dynasty, I must admit I had about two months plugged out on TEW05 for 1998, but then for some reason when I booked a Monday Nitro show, had 180 minutes booked etc, the next arrow would not come up and I could not move it on, no matter what I did. I tried changing venues, changing segment lengths, making sure everything I'd advanced booked was there, but it wouldn't roll through. So that put an initial dampener on things. But it doesn't mean I've given up completely, initially I have to focus on university but the thought has never gone away completely and it has burnt a little more brighter in me. What could have been a truly great empire indeed. Mad, good luck with WCW mate, I'm always glad to see new WCW diaries spring up. WCW is viewed negatively by some, and yes towards the end it became a nonsensical crash TV production, and indeed prior to that certain political issues over shot the main positives they had, but man, I can honestly say I spend a bit of time here and there looking up dailymotion, youtube, just looking through old Nitro, Thunder, PPV moments. I can honestly say, if WWE ever put out any decent WCW DVDs I would be all over it like donkey kong. Sheepy, give WCW a go my man. I'm always always keen to see WCW productions on here. Thanks heaps guys for bumping it, I really appreciate it that all this time on Death of WCW is giving people a good time. It's as Ric Flair said the other night, when I did Death of WCW I raised more hell and had the most fun ever. Cheers

Archived