The Death of WCW?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][B]Proudly Presents [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwglycerinewx7.jpg[/IMG][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="6"] WCW Glycerine, Saturday, Week 4, October, 2001 Live from the Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California Live on NBC[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]The Heat is On[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut straight to a cocophany of sirens, as we enter the passengers seat in the chase right alongside 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera. We can hear the crackle of police vehicle conversation, as the car ahead begins to swerve in and out of traffic. "Hold on holmes, esse I get you home tonight Amigo." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]At Halloween Havoc..[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A graphic pops up highlighting that at Halloween Havoc, 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump will go one on one with the Undertaker! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'The Stallion' Booker T v 'The Franchise' Shane Douglas[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] At the top of the show, 'The Franchise' Shane Douglas came to the ring as arrogant as ever. He took a microphone from David Penzer. "Hahaha... Los Angeles, California. Feast your eyes on me. Tonight I start the climb back to the top, where I should always have been, so Booker T, come on down to get your a$$ ...ahahaha...FRANCHISED!" And down came the challenger, 'The Black Stallion' Booker T, as two former World Champions from different promotions squared off here on Glycerine. Tony Schiavone: "You know guys, tomorrow night Booker T will have to square off with Juventud Guerrera, and you know guys, Juventud still believes that the Black Stallion has a lot to do with the disappearance of Rey Mysterio Jr." This one continued along, it wasn't a particularly long belt... Shane Douglas set up Booker T for the Pittsburgh Plunge, but Booker held onto the tights and raked the eyes of Douglas. Douglas looked flustered... BOOK-END! [CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B]Your Winner: [/B] Via pinfall, Booker T[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Sting and Goldberg - at Halloween Havoc[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A video played highlighting the clear and present tension between Goldberg and Sting. The screen was tinged with a blood red rage, further pushing the harrasment Sting has given to prevent Goldberg from destroying honor, tradition and prestige that is ever present in World Championship Wrestling, and has been down through the ages of the National Wrestling Alliance. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Mike Awesome v Shannon Moore[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Mike Awesome was here for one reason, to let it be known to Vader that he picked the wrong man to feud with, and he did this comfortably launching the Awesomebomb onto the lithe Shannon Moore! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Mike Awesome[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Booker and Juvi at Havoc[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "Guys, at Halloween Havoc, we're in for an absolute barnstormer. Not only Sting and Goldberg, but the Black Stallion Booker T will have to face the avenging Sultan of Swing Juventud Guerrera." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Juventud has been accused of being somewhat crazed, and we can't be certain of whether his leads are correct, but boy, let me tell you all something, Booker T will have the fight of his life on his hands to keep Juventud Guerrera from collecting the victory at Halloween Havoc, irrespective of whether he will have to answer charges of being an accomplice to the abduction of the World Heavyweight Champion or not." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'The Animal' Dave Bautista and 'Above Average' Mike Sanders v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire and 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The tag team combination of Lynn and Helms was anything but slick, there was a lot of detestation that the two men should have to tag tonight. Eventually though, they got their combination running, and following a Cradle Piledriver on Sanders, they were able to walk out not friends, but victors. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire and Jerry Lynn[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]The big men will grapple it out at the Havoc[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: " Speaking of tension, guys, there are going to bruises, there's going to be blood, but there can only be one winner between 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire and the Giant at Halloween Havoc." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Speaking of this match Tony, one thing that should not be forgotten is whoever wins will receive a World Heavyweight Championship shot later that night." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "I don't know whether either man will be able to take their place in that match, they're going to destroy one another!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW Television Championship 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c) v 'The Innovator of Violence' Tommy Dreamer[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Randy Orton has his work cut out, let me tell you. He has his work cut out and more. The roll that Samoa Joe is on is irrepressible. It's the success story of 2001 if you were to ask me. Poor Tommy Dreamer, I hope there's no permanant neck damage... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Samoa Joe[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Recap[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] We recap earlier this week from Monday Nitro [QUOTE]Backstage, WCW Television Champion 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe and his manager 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes are on their way to the ring, where they are interrupted by Randy Orton. Orton smirks, before arrogantly smiling. "If you weeeeeeeel, daddah, what are you smiling so much for?" "You know Dusty," Orton begins, "Many would claim this to be the look of arrogance. I call it the look of destiny. You see, I'm destined to be satisfied, just as the ladies out there find me... satisfying. And I'm just looking at your... client... here and smiling in appreciation of a great Television Championship title reign. A legendary reign. One that gets killed... at Halloween Havoc." Orton goes to walk off, but the Joe steps to the right and gets his shoulder in the way. His look is aggressive and unrelenting. "I am Samoa Joe.... I am professional wrestling.... and I am the baddest motherf*cker on the face of this planet..."[/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW World Tag Team Championships The All Starz (c) v The 38th Street Gang (John Cena and Jamie Knoble)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Cena and Knoble, young kids both of them, both have a future, and they shared a couple of nice slick spots. But ... The Play of the Day baby... Play of the Day. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW World Tag Team Champions, the All Starz[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]Kanyon and Heartbreak Kid will lock it up...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone: "You know guys, speaking of electricity, what about the match up between 'Positively' Chris Kanyon of the Four Horsemen, and 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels. Not only is a World Heavyweight Championship match on the line, but the sheer tension is unparalleled." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Tony, it's a love hate relationship. They were once a successful tag team for the Four Horsemen, and then 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson made an example out of 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels and 'Positively' Kanyon, the perennial sheep of the Four Horsemen, one of the most sadistic, innovative and dangerous men to ever get in the squared circle..." 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "A man Gene who faked a broken neck to sabbotage the career of a supposed close friend last year in Diamond DallaS Page..." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund: "Exactly Larry, that man was asked to do a number on Michaels for a couple of unacceptable losses whilst as a Four Horsemen. He was asked to take Michaels not only out of the Four Horsemen, but also out of professional wrestling altogether. I have to be honest with you Tony, following Fall Brawl, I saw 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels, and he could barely walk. And I've got to say, I had people with me who nearly broke down crying. It was like watching a pack horse out at stud waiting to die. The punishment he had been put through, and has been continued to be subjected to is over the top, and let me tell you something, one thing that marks the career of Shawn Michaels is courage and heart. If Kanyon thinks he can destroy Shawn Michaels, he's defied bigger odds before, he'll defy them again tomorrow night at Halloween Havoc." Tony Schiavone: "It promises to be one of the greatest matches in the history of professional wrestling!" 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko: "It's going to be a bitter brawl, that's what it will be." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Excellence in Execution v The Outsiders[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The matches rolled on here at Glycerine, tomorrow night the Outsiders will battle the All Starz for the coveted WCW World Tag Team Championships. An accolade they have had on six previous occasions. And they tuned up nicely, with a well executed victory, courtesy of the Outsiders Edge on AJ Styles. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, the Outsiders[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]A massage for success[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [I]Earlier tonight...[/I] Backstage, Torrie Wilson is massaging the lower neck of the United States Champion, Lance Storm. He looks completely focussed, serious. "Lance," Torrie says, "I've asked you to do a lot of things for me before. I've asked you to find your soul for me. I've asked you to win matches for me. At Halloween Havoc, I want you to win... for you. You deserve it... Forget Diamond Dallas Page, forget the lack of ethics of the man...." "If I may be serious for a minute, I will not be denied. Because I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada." [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Non Title Match 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page v WCW United States Champion Lance Storm v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon v 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Oh lord of mercy, look at the quality of the cavalry here. You have four men who right now are on the crest of World Heavyweight Championship glory, if either of these men held the belt now you would not say it was a sleight on the prestige of the belt. They have all worked tirelessly, whether you love them, or hate them, Kanyon and Diamond Dallas Page are efficient, they have objectives, and they know how to filful them, and come Halloween Havoc, they will be of extreme danger to their opponents. This one was all over the show, a delightful match for Glycerine. Finally, after quarter of an hour of absolute carnage, Diamond Dallas Page went for a Diamond Cutter..but Kanyon shrugged him off.. KANYON CUTTER! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner: [/B]Via pinfall, Chris Kanyon[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]YOU'RE NEXT - NOW![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] After the break, the crowd booed in unison as the lynchpin of the Four Horsemen himself, Goldberg made his way to the ring in his Altanta Falcons jacket. He surged through the pyrotechnics display, breathing out the steam through his nose. After the crowd booed the hell out of him, he snatched the microphone from David Penzer. "Shut the hell up!" Of course, this did not shut the crowd up. "You can't stand that I am here, the most successful wrestler of all time. I can understand it, Los Angeles is a town of losers. Just like ... Sting. I've been racking my brains for a few days about what it is that bothers me. And you know what it is? Everywhere I go, he gets a cheap shot on, and then ducks the obvious challenge. He hopes that challenge will never come. Well I'm sick and tired of all the cheap shots, I'm sick and tired of all the talk, I can't wait till we get to the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan tomorrow night. You see, I'll cut to the chase.... Sting... YOU'RE NEXT! NOW! That's right, if you've got the courage, I'm right here waiting for you!!!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Dropping from the rafters[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] And here he comes, Sting is dropping from the rafters! He detaches from the abseil equipment as the crowd goes apo. He grabs his black baseball bat, and holds it up to Goldberg, before dropping it. He smiles... WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! "YOU'RE A DEADMAN!" Tony Schiavone: "MY GOD, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST NIGHT IN GLYCERINE'S HISTORY!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Not tonight...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Speaking of the woo, here comes the WCW President, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair! The crowd cheer unanimously as Flair makes his way to the top of the ramp. He struts, and then slicks up his white gold hair. "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" 'Mean' Gene Okerlund has made his way up to meet the President. "Alright, Ric Flair, you have something to say in relation to this match tonight..." "Mean..WOOO BY GOD GENE! Did somebody tell me that we were in Los Angeles CALIFORNIA! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You know, they say diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair, and this is the city of diamonds. This is the city of stars, this is the city of ... The Nature Boy. Oh that's right baby, I've been here before, ask your sister." "Ric, these two men are ready to go now, what do you have to say about that." "WOOOO!!!! And I'm sure they are, I can sense it, I can sense the blood in the air Gene. But I'll tell you what, as much as I'd love to sanction this match tonight, I've been told by the WCW Executive Committee that this match will not go ahead tonight. So Sting, Goldberg, learn to live with it, learn to love it... Diamonds are forever, and so is RIC FLAIR!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]IT DOESN'T MATTER![/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The two men don't care!!! They start brawling the hell out of each other, before Doug Dillinger and the happy police come down and eventually break it up. Neither man is happy about it, they wanted it to go on and on all night long! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Tonight...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Stevie Ray is with 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump. "Sucka, fruit booty, suckas gots to know, tonight you get a chance to strike a pyschological blow against the Undertaker." "A what blow? How did you know how to say that boy? I guess you want to know the tactics of tonight, huh?" Eric Bischoff pulls in a white board on wheels. Big Poppa Pump draws two stick figures... "This is me.... Look at those peaks. That's Undertaker... Clothesline...1...2....3! This is me on top... I go... RAARRRRRR!!! And then that white trash Tony Schiavone goes 'The greatest win in the history of our sport!' And I still go... RARRRRRR!!! That simple, and you know why? Because I'm the big bad booty daddy, I'm the hook up to the freaks... HOLLA, if you hear me!" [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]The Undertaker and 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire v The Giant and 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Wow, four of the top combatants of tomorrow night's pay-per-view in action tonight. Initially, Big Poppa Pump gained an advantage over the Undertaker, so much to the point that he dropped for a few press ups, and a bicep pose for the fans. This match was just a brawl fest, no submission moves of any note, punches, kicks, clotheslines, slams. No love lost. No quarters given, none asked for. Big Poppa Pump was given a steel chair by Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire noticed this and grabbed a chair of his own, sliding it into the Undertaker. Referee Charles Robinson would not cop it, and called for the bell as Doug Dillinger and the happy police came to the rescue. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners: [/B] Draw, by double disqualification[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]We've got our man...[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut out to a dark highway scene... Police cars are surrounding the pick up truck! We can hear on the CV... "We've got our man..." Juventud jumps out of his car, and heads to the pick up truck. We can't see in, but we can see him pull out 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr! The Champion has been found!!!!!!! [B]Rating:[/B] A* [B]Attendance:[/B] 10,000 [B]NBC Rating: [/B] 5,900,777

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCW Hardcore Championship [B]'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett (c)[/B] v Crowbar [I]I don't want the Hardcore Icon's reign to end yet[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship [B]Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire (c)[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [I]Love the Lord[/I] Singles Match Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar[/B] [I]Die, Buff, die.[/I] Singles Match Vader v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] [I]Close match[/I] WCW Television Championship 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c) v [B]Randy Orton[/B] [I]Enough is enough and it's time for a change[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships [B]The All Starz (c)[/B] v The Outsiders [I]Outsiders are past it[/I] For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match A The Giant v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] [I]No luck for the Giant[/I] For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match B 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] [I]Match of the night. Maybe the year.[/I] Singles Match [B]The Undertaker[/B] v 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [I]I hate the Big Bad Booty Daddy[/I] Singles Match Goldberg v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Bad night for the horsemen[/I] WCW United States Championship [B]Lance Storm (c)[/B] v 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page [I]Storm retains[/I] Singles Match [B]'Black Stallion' Booker T[/B] v 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera [I]Cheap finish[/I] World Heavyweight Championship [B]'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr (c)[/B] v 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon [I]He's had a few weeks in a lock up with Randy Savage. Only way I can see him losing, is to a non-horseman thanks to a Savage run-in.[/I]

WCW Hardcore Championship [B]'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett (c)[/B] v Crowbar WCW Cruiserweight Championship [B]Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire (c)[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn Singles Match Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar [/B] Singles Match [B]Vader[/B] v Mike Awesome WCW Television Championship [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v Randy Orton WCW Tag Team Championships [B]The All Starz (c)[/B] v The Outsiders For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match A The Giant v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match B 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] Singles Match [B]The Undertaker[/B] v 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump Singles Match [B]Goldberg[/B] v Sting WCW United States Championship [B]Lance Storm (c)[/B] v 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page Singles Match 'Black Stallion' Booker T v [B]'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera[/B] World Heavyweight Championship [B]'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr (c)[/B] * 'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire v 'Positively' Chris Kanyon

WCW Hardcore Championship [B]'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett (c)[/B] v Crowbar [I]Jeffery for me, please. I like what you've done with Jarrett in this division[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship [B]Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire (c)[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn [I]Loving the Lords new character[/I] Singles Match Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar[/B] [I]Lesnar forever, Bagwell never[/I] :D Singles Match [B]Vader[/B] v Mike Awesome [I]Vader seems to me to be getting a bigger push[/I] WCW Television Championship [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v Randy Orton [I]Joe wins to give Orton even more reason to want the belt[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships [B]The All Starz (c)[/B] v The Outsiders [I]The future first[/I] For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match A The Giant v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] [I]I just don't think Giant has deserved it in the way the Phenomenal one has.[/I] For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match B 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B] [I]The Franchise of WCW is ready for the strap, and has proved it by being the highlight of the abduction angle[/I] Singles Match [B]The Undertaker [/B]v 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump [I]If I have one criticism of this diary (and only one, mind you) it is Steiners presence at the top of the card still. I understood it at the start of the game when you were a bit short on the main eventers but now you have a whole breed of incredible workers rushing forward as well as a couple o' WWF stars, I'd like to see Steiner slip a bit.[/I] Singles Match Goldberg v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Crow Sting from the rafters is back and he's taking WCW back from the Horsemen, babah[/I] WCW United States Championship [B]Lance Storm (c)[/B] v 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page [I]There can only be one winner here. I love DDP, one of the greats of WCW for me, but the Storm man is on fire and will be World Champ before you know it.[/I] Singles Match [B]'Black Stallion' Booker T[/B] v 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera [I]Juvi is too inconsistent for my liking. Booker is da man and needs a win to put him right up the top again[/I] World Heavyweight Championship 'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr (c) * v O'Haire v [B]Kanyon[/B] [I]A great demonstration of the new era of WCW. Kanyon gets the win when Rey Rey gets screwed out of the belt by his mystery kidnapper.[/I]

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the let down guys, I can realise it must appear like a real let down going into what turned out to be a spectacular PPV. Unfortunately, my home PC blew a gasket... gorneski now. RIP. Unfortunately it had all me TEW work on it, but of course TEW itself. So that too, is gorrrnnnee, meaning I have no record of my work, nor do I have TEW itself. If I try to reinstall it now, I'll have to re-register, and TBH, I can't be ar$ed doing that, I just don't have the money. I will give a brief description of what did actually happen on Halloween Havoc, which turned into an A* card. WCW Hardcore Championship 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett (c) v [B]Crowbar[/B] Crowbar got the coin here, I felt it was time to move the belt onto someone who is more renowned as Hardcore. WCW Cruiserweight Championship [B]Lord Charles Helms II, Esquire (c)[/B] v 'Mr Wrestling III' Jerry Lynn Retained the belt, he's setting up nicely, plus this feud has helped further develop his skills. Singles Match [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar Buff cracked a steel chair over the shoulder of Brock Lesnar, unsighted.. pinfall. Singles Match Vader v [B]Mike Awesome[/B] He was about to go onto a feud with Lance Storm over the US Title, the best of Canada, if you will. WCW Television Championship [B]'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe (c)[/B] v Randy Orton Joe retained, I was going to start feuding him from here with Sting on behalf of Ric Flair. How? You've noticed in some of Samoa Joe's backstage stuff he's been terse and direct to the point, Flair was going to celebrate his achievements at Nitro, Joe was p!ssed for Flair getting involved in his 'moment', and Flair was nothing but yesterday's hero to him. WCW Tag Team Championships The All Starz (c) v [B]The Outsiders[/B] Went for the upset to develop the feud. For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match A The Giant v [B]'Phenomenal' Sean O'Haire[/B] Sean O'Haire deserved the shot in my book, his overness was A* everywhere in the States. For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Match B 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels v [B]'Positively' Chris Kanyon[/B]The Again, Kanyon deserved it more, was on more of a roll, and TBH, Michaels' face turn in TEW hasn't gone as well as expected. Singles Match [B]The Undertaker[/B] v 'The Genetic Freak' Big Poppa Pump Taker went over here, but with a twist... Big Poppa Pump's foot being under the rope which we all know does not constitute a pin, which was to be ignited as a sore point at the next Nitro. Singles Match Goldberg v [B]Sting[/B] After all these years, I had to finish the Stinger feud the right way with a clean pin. WCW United States Championship [B]Lance Storm (c)[/B] v 'The King of Bling Bling' Diamond Dallas Page Again, Storm was lighting up and I saw no reason to change here. Singles Match [B]'Black Stallion' Booker T[/B] v 'Sultan of Swing' Juventud Guerrera I thought the new character needed the win, plus Juventud could be 'incensed' by it all. World Heavyweight Championship [B]'New Generation' Rey Mysterio Jr (c)[/B] * v O'Haire v Kanyon Rey overcame the odds, before the match with his face mangled, Juvi (Booker and Juvi was earlier in the card) gave Rey back his mask, and so thus I was able to remask Rey in a way that perhaps I don't know I hope the lucha libre fans out there wouldn't hate me for. [B][U]Who was the mystery man?[/U][/B] 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin Now I really hated having to expose things this way and give out the card in this way, but I felt it'd have been worse of me not to deliver the results at all. I want to thank each and every one of the people who have read, and particularly taken time out to comment. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this, but right now, with TEW gone from my life it has given me back some time to concentrate on my degree and my wife moreso. God bless, and I'll be sure to check back and see how you reacted to the surprise man. PS: It was going to be similar to the Radicalz arrival, "Hear that? That's right... paying fans", but with Booker the man to hold Mick Foley's spot... Stone Cold was to then go through a series of situations to see where his allegiance would lie, the Horsemen thought he was there's as a lackey ally... bang, Stunner on Flair, bang Stunner on Booker, Stone Cold a stand alone heel fearing nobody but no one.

I hate to hear about the computer. I hate to hear about what I guess(???) is finally the Death of this diary? I hope not. As I knew one day you'd call it a day and move on. I was just expecting it to be on your terms and when you felt it was right. Not with something out of your control. On a personal note, I really hope that you remain active on here as I will miss our conversations immensely(and no shower hug jokes lol.)

[QUOTE=G-Prime;296508]I knew it! It had to be Stone Cold, with the redneck music playing in the original kidnapping scene :D Too bad about your computer mate.[/QUOTE] Yeah it sucks like my lady jackie. Good pick on Stone Cold, I think some people cottoned on so I had to change track very quickly early on to get people thinking Hogan or Warrior or Booker even just to throw the scent off. Stone Cold would have been great back in WCW, I had some killer ideas for how to use him to truly put others on the map. [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;296515]I hate to hear about the computer. I hate to hear about what I guess(???) is finally the Death of this diary? I hope not. As I knew one day you'd call it a day and move on. I was just expecting it to be on your terms and when you felt it was right. Not with something out of your control. On a personal note, I really hope that you remain active on here as I will miss our conversations immensely(and no shower hug jokes lol.)[/QUOTE] It's all good homey, I'll be around from time to time kicking it with the fellas in the crib if you're feeling me. I'm not sad about it dying the way it did... I was starting to get bored with it anyway if you feeling me. Besides, I have a degree I need to focus on and I found that this little addiction was seriously infringing on that and really, I can't afford that. With the computer rorted, it's just too expensive to reregister TEW. Maybe a TEW 08 may interest me enough to flash the card, but even then I think I'd play some private game. But I really enjoyed putting it out there, if you feeling me. [QUOTE=keefmoon;296525]This sucks. It goes without saying how much I love this diary and to see it end is a bad day for the GDS forums. I hope your computer gets sorted out and you remain on here. Maybe it's time for that "other" diary?[/QUOTE] It's a good day, every ending comes some new beginning or some such. Yeah, the other diary would be wick, of that I've got no doubt. But like I say, I just don't see the point in flashing the cash right now, I'm really tight for cash and I have a major overseas trip coming up so I want to have sometihng in reserve if anything goes wrong... and when I weigh up security v TEW, security wins, if you feeling me. I'll still be around fella. [QUOTE=flamebrain;296548].................. Damn! :([/QUOTE] Heh, that's so overrated dawg... I only bring that out when we're talking about the chicks. [QUOTE=Imarevenant;296636]:( [COLOR="White"] .[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Don't be sad playa, there's like 80 odd pages to read over if you ever get bored y'all. It's been a fun journey. Always good to remember the good times. [QUOTE=wrestlinggod;296822]Say it isn't so!!!![/QUOTE] Oh it's true, it's damn true. ------------------- Fellas, I'll still be around kicking it with the fellas in the crib if you feeling me aight. Death of WCW won't be, but hey, it's here for anyone to ever read and I'm more than happy to talk to anyone about diary issues or to go over any booking ideas in a PM situation. But basically, it's just about letting your creative juices spooge... well, that doesn't sound so good, but y'all feeling what I'm talking about aight. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Thanks for the memories, even if they weren't so great... (heh, had to put it in there).

An amazing read, an amazing journey, the way WCW could have and maybe should have been. Tristram, thank you. Good luck with the degree, and maybe this is all a blessing in disguise? You get to focus on your degree and your wife! Enjoy your trip and I wish you all the best of luck. (I guess getting that data's out of the question then? ;) )

Man, what do I say? As I've said before, many times, this diary is the first one that I got engrossed in. I was looking for a wrestling game for my son for his XBOX and it led me to this site. I read up on the game and was intrigued. I wandered to the forums and low and behold I stumbled across this magnificent tale of yours. Growing where I did, watching the wrestling promotions that I did, I am naturally drawn to anything that is NWA or WCW. I'm talking about JCP NWA not TNA(sorry guys.) Drawn to yes, married to, no. But this diary is so well written, so engaging that I can't help but keep coming back to. Your take on the events that happened are so right on, and your crusade to right the wrongs are so entertaining that I can only hope that you had at least half as much fun writing it as I had reading it. If so and I know that you did, you have been one happy camper. You have entertained us so much with your tale. You have created new stars, have given guys who were so underused or overlooked a chance to shine. You have done this and made it believable. You gift for telling a story is something I only wished I had. I thank you for that. I consider it a privledge to have been allowed to experience your story. I consider you a good friend, even though I have never met you in person. But taking to you by PM countless times and being allowed a glimpse into your genius, I feel like I have gotten to know you. So I can say that I have seen the end coming for awhile. As I said when you thought of ending this back awhile; this is your story, we are only allowed to glimpse it on this forum because you take the time to write it down for all of us to view. Not that the quality has dropped off, because believe me it has not. It is still as engaging as it ever was. But, I could sense the pulling from all sides. The degree, the wife, the job, everything else that comes at you in the real world. I understand. Sometimes these hobbies of ours take on a life of their own. You live, eat, and breath them until they almost consume you. I may be wrong, but as this kidnapping angle built and played out; I got the sense that this was going to culminate in the ending of this tale. Like I said I may be wrong. I know what you told me privately about who it was and all and other things. For the record I didn't buy the culprit that you told me. I know you and how you feel about him. ;) But alas, I tend to ramble on so. Whether or not you had the intentions of ending it here or carrying it on a bit further only you know that now. After speaking with you by PM, I tend to lean towards what SP said above>this may be a blessing in disguise. I and many others are sad to see this go. But to be honest I really didn't sense that to be the case when talking with you. I almost got the feeling of relief coming from you. And that I can understand my friend. So I will wish you good luck with your degree, your wife:D, your trip, and with whatever and whereever life may take you. I know that you said you'll be around, I'm just covering my bases in case you aren't. May God Bless you and keep you safe and happy, Mate.

Well, it sucks to see this go, but it can be hard to get motivated with a constant stream of A* shows. Trist, you know my feelings on the diary, diggity dawg...it's one of the few I have actually subscribed to, and I was eagerly anticipating a full write up as to who kidnaped Rey...though to be honest, it sounded like an endgame type of storyline anyhow. Like you'd taken WCW back to its creative zenith, and it was time to let go. Congrats on a well written diary and good luck to you in the future. Hopefully I'll get my diary back on track so you get to see the full glory and majesty of WCW...without the ship sinking. Peace.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;296955]I hate that song... So much *Shakes fist* I'll miss this diary though, definitely one of my favourites...[/QUOTE] Thanks dawg... heh, I'm not a mad Good Charlotte fan. For anyone though who wants to put stuff on my amazon list (c) (Tm), I do like... Foo Fighters Green Day Smashing Pumpkins Live Nirvana Pearl Jam Crowded House Split Enz Elvis the pelvis Jimi Hendrix music from the 70s... yeah, biatches, yeah, especially the Vietnam style protest music like the stuff in Forrest Gump, Doors etc, that's just killer [QUOTE=mad5226;297045]This has been an amazing read man, I really am sorry to see it go. It's given me inspiration in so many differant ways you have no idea. Thanks for all the great shows man[/QUOTE] Thanks dawg, appreciate the support like you would not believe. It's been great watch your various efforts mate, you have a keen eye for booking and I look forward to keeping seeing it build and grow and develop in whatever story you look to tell. [QUOTE=SimplyPerfect;297192]An amazing read, an amazing journey, the way WCW could have and maybe should have been. Tristram, thank you. Good luck with the degree, and maybe this is all a blessing in disguise? You get to focus on your degree and your wife! Enjoy your trip and I wish you all the best of luck. (I guess getting that data's out of the question then? ;) )[/QUOTE] lol, dawg, seriously the data was coming fo shore. That's it mate, blessing in disguise, glass half full... I think outlaw sums it up well (to the batmobile, that response next).. No thank you for reading, no good writing if no one's reading. I'm sure Charles Dickens loved writing, but if no one cared, would that have dimmed his interest? [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;297266]Man, what do I say? As I've said before, many times, this diary is the first one that I got engrossed in. I was looking for a wrestling game for my son for his XBOX and it led me to this site. I read up on the game and was intrigued. I wandered to the forums and low and behold I stumbled across this magnificent tale of yours. Growing where I did, watching the wrestling promotions that I did, I am naturally drawn to anything that is NWA or WCW. I'm talking about JCP NWA not TNA(sorry guys.) Drawn to yes, married to, no. But this diary is so well written, so engaging that I can't help but keep coming back to. Your take on the events that happened are so right on, and your crusade to right the wrongs are so entertaining that I can only hope that you had at least half as much fun writing it as I had reading it. If so and I know that you did, you have been one happy camper. You have entertained us so much with your tale. You have created new stars, have given guys who were so underused or overlooked a chance to shine. You have done this and made it believable. You gift for telling a story is something I only wished I had. I thank you for that. I consider it a privledge to have been allowed to experience your story. I consider you a good friend, even though I have never met you in person. But taking to you by PM countless times and being allowed a glimpse into your genius, I feel like I have gotten to know you. So I can say that I have seen the end coming for awhile. As I said when you thought of ending this back awhile; this is your story, we are only allowed to glimpse it on this forum because you take the time to write it down for all of us to view. Not that the quality has dropped off, because believe me it has not. It is still as engaging as it ever was. But, I could sense the pulling from all sides. The degree, the wife, the job, everything else that comes at you in the real world. I understand. Sometimes these hobbies of ours take on a life of their own. You live, eat, and breath them until they almost consume you. I may be wrong, but as this kidnapping angle built and played out; I got the sense that this was going to culminate in the ending of this tale. Like I said I may be wrong. I know what you told me privately about who it was and all and other things. For the record I didn't buy the culprit that you told me. I know you and how you feel about him. ;) But alas, I tend to ramble on so. Whether or not you had the intentions of ending it here or carrying it on a bit further only you know that now. After speaking with you by PM, I tend to lean towards what SP said above>this may be a blessing in disguise. I and many others are sad to see this go. But to be honest I really didn't sense that to be the case when talking with you. I almost got the feeling of relief coming from you. And that I can understand my friend. So I will wish you good luck with your degree, your wife:D, your trip, and with whatever and whereever life may take you. I know that you said you'll be around, I'm just covering my bases in case you aren't. May God Bless you and keep you safe and happy, Mate.[/QUOTE] Man, thats wicked how you just told me how you found me. I found these things after playing Championship Manager and thinking hmmm... wonder if there really is life in terms of simulators beyond Championship Manager. That's the shiz I wanted in this diary, I can honestly say one of my proudest moments in this diary was hearing about Bergen, Norway, from Gameseeker. You know, to me, forums are about learning the ways of the world... me? I spend a lot of time (boring I know) sitting in the beautiful sunshine reading different revolutionaries biographies, trying to dream different worlds, how it is, how it was, and how it can be.. so simulators like this allowed me to take wrestling look at it how it is, how it was, how it can be. You are exactly right, this not with much of a heavy heart. When it went down, I had a brief moment I guess where I could have put everything onto a flash disk thing, but you know what, I really just didn't want to. As above, I came here to learn about how it was in WCW, how it could be in WCW, and I really think I learned that. I learned through booking this story, and talking to people on here about what it was like, and what it should have been like. And now for me it's time to learn about new things, obviously my degree, but there's so much right around me in my own world that I want to learn about. In a sense, the kidnapping I guess has turned out to be and maybe was subconsciously intended to be the "find out what happens on the finale of .." type show. Deep down, I had ideas for Steve Austin, and how to move peoples careers forward by using him to put them over. It was another chance to right a massive wrong as to what happened in his WCW career, but it won't eventuate. I have no regrets about who I did get over in DOWCW, and who I had to job out to do it. [QUOTE=marchhaire;297362]Well, it sucks to see this go, but it can be hard to get motivated with a constant stream of A* shows. Trist, you know my feelings on the diary, diggity dawg...it's one of the few I have actually subscribed to, and I was eagerly anticipating a full write up as to who kidnaped Rey...though to be honest, it sounded like an endgame type of storyline anyhow. Like you'd taken WCW back to its creative zenith, and it was time to let go. Congrats on a well written diary and good luck to you in the future. Hopefully I'll get my diary back on track so you get to see the full glory and majesty of WCW...without the ship sinking. Peace.[/QUOTE] Dawg, I will definitely be around fo shore... I want to see your WCW story continue mate. It's important to me, it really is. But you and all the other NWA/WCW writers don't get into the bylaw of doing it for me, you do it for yourself. You have to enjoy it. You have to want to see that vision implode, and if you really want it, the story will flow. You know I'll be around dawg to just talk WCW, or even heh what happened in another place only you and I know about. (No, not the gay bar, the other place). Please y'all, feel free to feel me in Private Messages, if you digging it like my lady jackie. The best thing about Death of WCW as it finally dies is the people I have met and talked to , it became an excuse to meet you folks, and it's been a hell of a good excuse as far as my life goes. Viva la resistance, think outside the square, visualise and achieve. John Simpson.

Hey. Sorry about the way things went down, and sorry about losing the data. I'll just say this was and is a constant inspiration for my own dynasty. If your willing I'll be hitting you up with a creative PM shortly (mostly on WCW shhhhtuff). Thanks again for being amazing. You're the best. Aroooooound. :)

Archived