The Death of WCW?

[QUOTE]WCW to become a victim of the corporate world? A breakthrough story courtesy of [URL="http://www.itdoesntreallygoanywherebutitdbemegafunnyifpeoplekeptclickingithopingitdoes.com"]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/URL] By Moe Lester Email [EMAIL="donthatetheplayerhatethegame@doesthatticklesweety.com"]Moe[/EMAIL] here! Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com can reveal there is speculation that the soon to be approved shake up of AOL Time Warner will have a significant impact on professional wrestling as we know it. There is heavy speculation for people surrounding Ted Turner that his pet project, World Championship Wrestling, may be forced off the Turner networks pending a review of the new conglomerate's operations. World Championship Wrestling in one form or another has been a staple diet of Turner programming, starting with the program World Championship Wrestling from Georgia Championship Wrestling, through to "Black Saturday" in 1984 where the World Wrestling Federation started their nationalisation of their primarily Tri-State operations by shockingly purchasing Georgia Championship Wrestling, through to Jim Crockett Promotions World Championship Wrestling production associated with the National Wrestling Alliance, to the current form the promotion finds itself in today working as a stand alone wrestling organisation. Despite massive losses in the past, Ted Turner has vetoed any moves to take WCW off the air, banking on the fact the promotion brings in massive numbers for a cable television show. However, the planned merger into AOL Time Warner is likely to strongly diminish Ted Turner's power's, and there is a strong possibility that incoming executives will frown upon the massive financial losses the promotion has made over the past decade. And with falling ratings, particularly in contrast to the World Wrestling Federation's show Raw, it will put added pressure on the new board to make some quick decisions. Other brand's in the Turner empire under immediate pressure to retain their spots within the empire include the Atlanta Hawks, Comedy Central, and Warner Music. Add to that mix the speculation that Fuscient Group, led by Eric Bischoff, have made some noise about potentially purchasing World Championship Wrestling off Turner, and all in all, the next year shapes up as a make or break time for the organisation. One way or the other, if the above news is correct, it is highly unlikely professional wrestling will remain as we know it. Perhaps with the way World Championship Wrestling has been travelling, that may not be an altogether bad thing for this industry. Wrestlers are said to be 'ho-hum' about the situation, with no great fear held by any of it's competitors. The general consensus amongst the locker room is World Championship Wrestling has post incredibly poor numbers in the past and always been bankrolled and supported by Turner, and in their eyes it is likely to be supported further into the future. [/QUOTE] ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys. I kind of feel I'm doing a "Bischoff" here and booking on the fly, I really don't have too many long term plans or an overall direction I want to head in. I'm just intruiged by the whole Death of WCW, still annoyed it happened really (loved the company big time) and was probably still naiive to a point to think it still could have been turned around even at this late stage. If you have any ideas, by all means, please bring them up and I can look at incorporating them.

[QUOTE=tristram]Thanks guys. I kind of feel I'm doing a "Bischoff" here and booking on the fly, I really don't have too many long term plans or an overall direction I want to head in. I'm just intruiged by the whole Death of WCW, still annoyed it happened really (loved the company big time) and was probably still naiive to a point to think it still could have been turned around even at this late stage. If you have any ideas, by all means, please bring them up and I can look at incorporating them.[/QUOTE] Great dynasty so far, I love the idea of trying to bring WCW back from the verge of closing. If I were you I would go after some big names and put them in good matches with the younger talent, therfore ensuring your future. But first you need to start getting the ratings and to do that would require some long terms plans. Who is going to give the WCW Title back its prestege, who is going to lead WCW into the future? All these questions need to be answered.

[CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitrologo2.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Monday Nitro - Monday 8 January 2001 Live on TNT from the War Memorial Colliseum, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada[/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][U]Pre Show 30 Man Battle Royal[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In the build up event to the main televised show, The 70's Man Mike Awesome won a 30 man over the top rope battle royal.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]"The American Dream" challenges Sean O'Haire for his client[/U][/B] [QUOTE]To start off the show, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes was in the ring with General Rection, the reigning United States Champion. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you weeeell, the E-mer-a-cin Dweam Dustah Rhodes has wid him hisz client General Rection, the reigning and undishputahd United Sztatesz Champiarrrn. You know sumdinsz been bothrin the Dweam and the General, and its that punk Sean O'Haire who wasz out on Vancouvah Radio the other day baggin out not onlah General Rection, but Canadah too. And Genrul Rectzion is getting funkah, like a munkah listnin to that jive talking fouel, so Sean O'Haire, munkah, get down here and lets see you beat the New E-Mer-I-Can and Canadiahn Dweam, General Rection daddah!"[/QUOTE] C [B][U]WCW United States Championship General Rection (c) v Sean O'Haire[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A relatively quick paced and short match between two powerhouse brawlers. Sean O'Haire as always displayed a lot of intensity and menace, but fell prey to a bewilderingly strong clothesline from General Rection. The General headed to the top and then hit the No Laughing Matter moonsault to collect the pinfall win.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Easy E signs a new client[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Eric Bischoff came to the backstage interview area and told Mean Gene Okerland this. "Well Mean Gene, thank you for having me, the greatest mind in the wrestling industry today. You know, can you smell that. Mmmmm. It's the sweet taste of success. It just follows me everywhere Gene. Not only have I got under contract the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Poppa Pump, but I now have someone else to introduce you to." Vader walks onto the set. "That's right... it's Vader time! He's a star everywhere he goes, the United States, Japan, he's a phenomonum. He's a cult figure. He's as big as Antonio Inoki was in Japan. Hell, not even the likes of Bruiser Brody or Stan Hansen could hold a candle to this guy in term's of popularity of foreigners in Japan. And tonight, by popular demand, he'll be in action, next against.... you... you, have you got a match tonight? That's good, Vader, you've got.... Dustin Rhodes! Behind the power! It's Vader Time!"[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Dustin Rhodes v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The American Dream's son Dustin Rhodes reluctantly came to the ring to face off against the impressive physique of Vader, the immovable object it seemed. And for the match, that's largely how it panned out. At one stage Vader hit the Vader Bomb, only to take his boot nonchalantly off Dustin Rhodes at the count of two. He ordered the referee to count to 7 for his next pinfall attempt. Following a brutal clothesline, he hit the Vaderbomb again, and indeed, Rhodes was unable to beat the seven count.[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Bischoff celebrates[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Bischoff sat up from his commentary position (he had helped out during the match) to applaud and comment on Vader's performance. "Bravo.. Bravo! That was.. Vaderlicious... That was so good I def..." With that, Sid Vicious' music hit, and the towering blond power house stood at the top of the ramp. "Dustin, hit the showers. Vader... you can't beat me. I am the Master and Ruler of the World, you can't just walk into WCdubbya and claim to be the top dawg around here floozah. As the Master and Ruler of the World, let me show you a thing or two about WCdubbya."[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Vader v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The camera's panned in on Vader and Vicious, who stood eye to eye for what seemed an eternity. It almost appeared as though Vader was making some reference to Sid Vicious sh!tting himself, surely not though? The match was brutal, with an even share of dominance. Athe cliffhanger, Vicious went for his version of the Power Bomb, but Vader used his strength to backdrop him. Vicious got up groggy, and Vader hit the VaderBomb for the 1..2...3[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]The Chosen One Challenges Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Chosen One came to the ring with his coveted guitar. "Shut up all you slapnuts. Last week, that Mexican Jumping Bean Rey Mysterio Junior accomplished a dream of his, to beat an icon in the Chosen One Jeff Jarrett. Well, I'm here to tell all you slapnuts that the Mexican Jumping Bean got lucky. Nothing more. And I'm here to prove it tonight. Rey Mysterio Junior, if you're out there, jump on down to ringside and face the Chosen One. For I have all the stroke around this place. And you can choke out on that, slapnut."[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Rey Mysterio Jr v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Rey Mysterio Jr surely complied to the call of the Chosen One and came running to the ring. He started out dominating with a series of high flying moves taking Jeff Jarrett off his feet. However, Jarrett played possum to a moonsault and gained dominance through his power game. Jarrett gestured for his guitar, and Rey rolled Jeff Jarrett up in an inside cradle... 1...2...3! He did it again![/QUOTE] A* [B][U]The InSiders talk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage Mean Gene Okerland caught up with Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page, the former World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. "You know something Geno, the Sexecutioner Big Sexy Kevin Nash, and the Master of the Diamond Cutter himself, D..D..P, Diamond Dallas Page are here for one reason only. Here to regain our WCW World Heavyweight Championships. That's right Gene, we're even dropping giving it all up for this lovely Canadian ladies tonight. Tell him Dallas." "That's right Gene. Last week, The Perfect Event won away the World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships from us. Some say they deserved it. Others say they got lucky. Well, we're going to be honest and say we rested on our laurrels a bit, but I can tell you one thing... Bada...Bing.. Bada Bang... Bada Boom... They're going to feel the....BANG!" [/QUOTE] B [B][U]Goldberg is here![/U][/B] [QUOTE]With his forehead bandaged, Bill Goldberg surprisingly appears here tonight! What part will he play in the Sting/Kanyon match?[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Look what the "Nature Boy" has found[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair looks through a diary that has photos of Shane Douglas in it. "Haha... oh my... The Franchise... HUH! Whatever." He keeps flicking. "That's even better. What was Torrie ever thinking?" And he flicks some more. "Uh oh... He's certainly no Slick Ric... WOOO!"[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship The Perfect Event (c) (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak) v The InSiders (Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page) v Totally Buff (Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Totally Buff tried to take out the leg of Chuck Palumbo, seemingly trying to prevent him from possibly hitting the Chuck Deluxe. The InSiders however were just as concerned with knocking bitter enemies Bagwell and Luger into next week. Surprisingly, despite the heat of the two teams, and the power exerted to show it off, Chuck Palumbo did manage to hit the Chuck Deluxe on Lex Luger to get the pinfall and retain the tag straps for Perfect Event![/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Lance Storm did what?[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, a limousine drives by the front of the arena, where Hacksaw Jim Duggan is about to gain entrance to get to the backstage area. Lance Storm jumps out of the limo, blindsides him with the Canadian flag and hauls him off into the limo. The limo speeds off into the night.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]This...Is...Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A music video is played highlighting some of the memorable moments of Sting, also introducing a documentary on Sting coming out soon on DVD![/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting v Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A very even match, yet this time Sting managed to change the ending of the match from last week by slipping out of the Flatliner, and hitting the Scorpion Death Drop. He locked in the Scorpion Death Lock, until Kanyon could take no more and tapped out.[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg does what...?[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Post match, Goldberg came down to ringside, and attacked Sting!! It was as if he truly did believe Sting had smashed him on purpose with the steel chair and had forgotten all about Kanyon. Kanyon rolled to the outside and merely laughed under his breath in joy as Goldberg pounded on Sting, until he finally hit the Spear and Jackhammer combination![/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Booker T confident about his match[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Booker T came to the ring after EMT's attended to the battered body of Sting. "Can you dig it, sucka? Yo, Big Poppa Pump, I'm your hook up chump. But not in that regard sucka. Playa, tonight it's just you and me fool, in this ring, in Canada, you might have the largest peaks, but sucka, these Canadian playas will guide the Booker man to victory. Don't hate the player... hate the game!"[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Big Poppa Pump v Booker T[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In a non title match, Big Poppa Pump largely manhandled Booker T. Eric Bischoff at one stage held Booker T's boot back to distract him from hitting his scissors kick. However, Booker T then ended up in the Steiner Recliner. Against all odds, Booker T backed backwards against all Steiner's physical power, and got his foot to the rope. As Steiner argued with the referee, Booker T connected with the Book End following the spineerooni to collect the pinfall![/QUOTE] A Att: 5,000 Rating: A 1,203,452 viewers on TNT - a 500,000 drop from the previous week!!$!^! Raw got 2,800,445 for a C+ show drawing 15,000 to the Halifax Metro Centre Despite that, Nitro pushed WCW's rating upwards for the first time in the US in all areas from 75% to 75.6%, and in the United Kingdom in all areas from 65% to 65.6%. Nitro took British Columbia's rating from 70% to 70.2%

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Great dynasty so far, I love the idea of trying to bring WCW back from the verge of closing. If I were you I would go after some big names and put them in good matches with the younger talent, therfore ensuring your future. But first you need to start getting the ratings and to do that would require some long terms plans. Who is going to give the WCW Title back its prestege, who is going to lead WCW into the future? All these questions need to be answered.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the feedback. I have some loose ideas, I have in my mind who I want to get pushed mostly, I think a couple of those are starting to become apparent... but I want them to be pushed to the top right, not just straight to the top because I think they deserve to be there. In WCW, there's been a lot of pain for 3-4-5 years for some genuine talents, it won't happen overnight to turn those guys who were screwed over and basically had their characters destroyed by ridiculous booking and politicking to get their talents recognised in the mainstream. The main thing I'm trying to focus on is actual matches, I have a feeling WCW had too many false or ambiguous finishes, so I'm trying to leave the matches be and work the storylines around that. Hope it pays off! :)

Gidday Stallion Thanks for the feedback again. I generally advance book 3-4 shows per card. Bear in mind that most superstars on the WCW Roster are at C maximum for popularity so turning the ship will take some time ;) Obviously there are a couple of Bs, and a couple of As, but it's mostly C's and downwards

... [QUOTE]Konnan Arrives Late for WCW show Story exclusive to [URL="http://www.clickitpleaseitllbefunnyifyoudo.com"]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/URL] By Izzy Cumming Email [EMAIL="askhiswifewhatdoyouthinkiamkweewee?@itdoesntgoanywhere.com"]Izzy here[/EMAIL] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/k/konnan/03.jpg[/IMG] In an exclusive, [URL="http://www.mrmackeyiscoolmmkay.com"]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/URL] report, we can advise to you that World Championship Wrestling midcarder Konnan of the Filthy Animals arrived late to WCW's last show, Nitro which was held in Vancouver, Canada. It is rumoured new World Championship Wrestling head honcho John Simpson is one who takes no prisoners in regards to tardiness, politics or anything that pertains to an action not driving the promotion forward. It is understood Simpson, very rarely seen by the locker room, post show made all of the roster wait around for an hour, the length of time Konnan was late for his scheduled appearance. Not only that, but he is rumoured to have warned Konnan verbally, not in private, but in the direct line of fire from his WCW colleagues. It is understood Simpson gave an impassioned speech to the locker room, from the wrestlers, to the production crew, to the commentary team about how important every minor action was and how each action, regardless of it's intensity had the power to put the promotion, and all their team-mates out of work permanently. It is apparent from the actions that Simpson is intent on backing up the words he's professed with actions. It is understood Konnan took the barrage well, and accepted his late appearance was unacceptable. It is also understood K-Dawg apologised after Simpson left the dressing room to the rest of his wrestling colleagues. We will report any developments in this story as they come to hand.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/THNDRLOG.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]WCW Announce Action Packed Thunder![/U][/B][/CENTER] Matches include [LIST] [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Booker T versus Big Poppa Pump and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]Sting v Goldberg [*]"The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Vader [*]Rey Mysterio Jr v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett AND Mike Sanders [*]Chavo Guerrero Jr will defend hs Cruiserweight Championship against Christopher Daniels [*]The Perfect Event Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak versus the InSiders in a non title match [*]Plus much much more including an update on the whearabouts of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow will be a marked man with the 24/7 Hardcore Title clause in action, and what part will "Positvely" Kanyon have to play in the Sting/Goldberg show down!!! [/LIST] Predictions as always welcome.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.bsww.de/archiv03/ppvpics02/sin2000.jpg[/IMG] WCW Announce Sin PPV[/CENTER][/U][/B] That's right fans, WCW returns to Pay Per View this coming Sunday, with the following matches confirmed and more to come. [LIST] [*]Big Poppa Pump v Booker T for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas in a Sadistic Madness Match - pinfall's can only be counted after the opponent has begun to bleed [*]'The Perfect Event' Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak v 'The InSiders' "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships [*]Vader v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious [*]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Rey Mysterio Jr [*]'The Filthy Animals' Billy Kidman and Konnan v 'Totally Buff' Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Goldberg v Sting in a three way cage match [*]"The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow v "Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk v Crowbar v "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner for the WCW Hardcore Championship [*]General Rection will defend his United States Championship against Sean O'Haire [*]Five way match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero Jr v Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles v Shane Helms v Jaime Knoble [*]"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan v Lance Storm in a 'Retirement Match' [*]All this and more, live on Pay Per View! [/LIST] Predictions welcome - I will complete Thunder today or tomorrow but I am just trying to get some hype going into Sin

[B][U][CENTER]The Final Nail in the Coffin?[/CENTER][/U][/B] [QUOTE]Black Saturday is the name given by wrestling fans on July 14, 1984, when Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation took over the Saturday night time slots on WTBS that had been home to Georgia Championship Wrestling. Georgia Championship Wrestling had just began promoting under the name World Championship Wrestling, a name most wrestling fans would be synonymous with throughout the 1990s as still part of the National Wrestling Alliance. Jack Brisco and Gerald Brisco had major stakes in the organization while Ole Anderson was head booker and was basically in charge of operations. GCW also became the first NWA territory to gain access to a cable TV deal on Saturday evenings. GCW was famous for providing a more athletic showcase rather than cartoonish characters like WWF did and therefore had a completely different fanbase. While still running steadily, both Briscos sold their entire stock in the business (including the TV deal) to Vince McMahon. The WWF show on TBS was a ratings disaster. WCW's core audience hated the WWF's soap opera approach, preferring a more athletic style.1 Despite originally promising to produce original programming for the TBS timeslot in Atlanta, McMahon chose instead to provide only a clip show for TBS, featuring highlights from other WWF programming. In May 1985, McMahon sold the TBS timeslot and WCW name to Jim Crockett, Jr., under heavy pressure from Ted Turner. That would set up a rivalry between McMahon and Turner that would continue for over a decade. [url]www.wikipedia.com[/url][/QUOTE] There he sat. John Simpson. A pool of sweat forriging out of his underarms. For in the executive board room he sat in in Atlanta, Georgia, the complete face of professional wrestling as millions of fans worldwide knew it was potentially going to change forever. For decision's were being made in this very board meeting that had a far greater impact on professional wrestling than even the aforementioned Black Saturday, which catapulted two major events - The World Wrestling Federation nationalising outside of it's traditional Tri State territory, and Vince McMahon Jr and Ted Turner being a fabled war that shaped the face of professional wrestling. Public opinion seemed to feature that the proposed AOL Time Warner merger would complete its due process of the 30 days public comment stage of the merger process. And with that, former Fox pioneer, former Warner Brothers Executive Jamie Kellner suddenly found himself to be one of the most powerful men in the trillion dollar media industry. Kellner had previously been a pioneer with the Fox Network, but was now in a pivotal role overseeing AOL Time Warner's television networks. He had overseen the birth of shows such as the Simpsons, In Living Color and Married... With Children, and now he had the authority to reshape the entire professional wrestling industry. The meeting was tense, accountabiltiy and ultimate profitability was necessary to make sure the merger could be a financial success. And with that, many franchises faced the chopping block. Including World Championship Wrestling. "Say, Simpson," one AOL executive piped up. "Look at these figures from last year, WCW lost $62,000,000 in one year. I mean, what the hell happened?" Simpson sat back. $62m was a lot of coin to answer to. He knew that the executive's had to answer to their shareholders, and therefore he knew realistically nearly each and every glancing eye in that board room supported Jamie Kellner in wanting World Championship Wrestling to not only be sold as some media speculated would happen anyway to Fuscient Group, but also to have Nitro and Thunder taken off the air completely. "Well, I don't know," Simpson answered. He knew it wasn't the right answer, but it was the only answer he could give in the heat of the moment. "You don't know?" Kellner barked back. "Do you have no idea on business practise? On basic accounting?" "I wasn't there in 2000," Simpson explained. "I was hired January 1 2000, with cash reserves of $5m. In one and a half weeks that is up to $5.554m. That's the period I'm responsible for." Kellner banged his hand on the table. "You expect us to keep WCW going on the basis of a mini turn around?" "No," Simpson replied. "It's a monsterous turn around. In the space of a week and a half we've begun changing the entire culture of the organisation. The key to any sit com, as you should know Jamie is the script and how it's carried out. And putting the right resources into the script to achieve it's objectives. Last year and before that the company was crippled by overpaid manipulative politicians such as Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage. Not only that, but the company had over 100 wrestlers on their roster, when they were using 20 odd. Now, I have a young team who are starting to make an impact. Consider this also, despite any negativity against professional wrestling, the wrestling shows are two of the hottest commodoties in terms of ratings on the networks. That, despite the promotion being near dead when I got it. If you can get stability, organisation, control, set clear objectives and introduce storylines that make sense, people will watch. They'll come through the gate. And what's more, they'll pay for it. WCW can make money. Ted Turner is no idiot. He supported this company for so long because he knew of it's potential. It's not his fault that there have been incompetent people from Jim Herd to Bill Watts to Eric Bischoff in that time frame. It's not his fault that the on show product was manipulated by booker's with self interests. It's not his fault there were wrestlers like Hogan who enforced 'Creative Control' clauses to save their egos. It's not his fault there were storylines where guys would be retired, and then suddenly be active again in a week or two. It's not his fault that the company has misused the hottest talent in the business in Eddie Guerrero, Sting, Raven, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Ric Flair over the years. And despite all that, the company has a pulse. Barely. But it's there. And it's registering. And what's more, it's breating more life into itself. This organisation has been poorly managed in the past Jamie, you can look through those accounts and find outlandish spending sprees and understand my view that this company can not only be profitable, but be the lynchpin for this merger's success." It was an impassioned speech. He was getting used to being seen as somewhat of a charismatic maverick figure. His speeches were carefully constructed, aimed at persuading the audience it was pitched to. Simpson had been an executive elsewhere, and was regarded as a highly successful 'Change Agent' - he was renowned for his ability to turn around the sinking ship. World Championship Wrestling was no different. Despite the headaches of the first few day's in trying to set about the rifts that would help change the culture, accountability, and on and off air common sense, wrestling was his passion. This was his dream job. Despite it all, he lived for the challenge. His mind raced at that stage. He knew the next two to three minutes could be the most important in the world of professional wrestling. His mind thought of Ricky Steamboat and Arn Anderson, it thought of Tony Schiavone and Rey Mysterio Jr, it thought of the fans in Atlanta Georgia that had supported every show since day one. He thought of the key differences in product's created by Vince McMahon and in comparison World Championship Wrestling. And despite all the nails being tightened into World Championship Wrestling's coffin, he liked his position better. He knew deep down that WWF at times survived on it's brand loyalty alone, but knew he could somewhat turn that against the World Wrestling Federation and gain their audience through good market positioning to the target market - away from their competitor, with good quality, good moralistic shows, and whats more, holding value in their athletic wrestling style. The next couple of seconds took an eternity. Sure, Simpson had sat through life and death board meetings before, but none ever gripped him as much as this. He was a lifelong NWA/WCW fan. He'd grown up watching "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Harley Race, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, "Rugged" Ronny Garvin, "The Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich, Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, "Wildfire" Tommy Rich, Sgt Slaughter, Don Kernodle, The Rock n Roll Express, the Midnight Express, Wahoo McDaniel, Jay Youngblood, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, "Crippler" Ray Stevens", Rufus R Jones, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Johnny Valentine, Mr Wrestling and the like. He knew that their places in history were largely dependant on the second or two that he breathed in right here, right now. The power scared him, he did not want to be the man responsible for the make or break speech that ultimately lost the lineage to those phenomonal superstars. It would be like having a child taken from him. At that stage, all he could think was freeze frames from the movie, "I know my first name is Steven." Kellner sat back, his mind raced. Ultimately he held the gavel in this situation. He was judge, jury and executioner, and while due process would be followed to go through the formal motions of voting, both Simpson and Kellner knew that professional wrestling as we knew it would regenerate or die a slow painful death dependent on the decision Kellner would make. The responsiblity was not an issue for Kellner, he was outspoken about professional wrestling, he ultimately did not view professional wrestling as attracting the right market demographics for the AOL Time Warner networks. It was a demographic he largely wanted to stay away from. He perceived it as being just young men wanting T&A, Simpson thought of it as something more, a wide variety of people loving characters, and loving good stories being told in the ring. But this was not the time to discuss the target market demographics of the World Championship Wrestling brand against the corporate strategy of AOL Time Warner. "You know," Kellner spoke softly. It was almost as if he was a beaten man. "I have heard some pitches in my time. I made some risky moves back at FOX, we banked on some people to make us a name as an edgy product that might have been otherwise shunned by less free willed folk. We banked on Ed O'Neil's portrayal of Al Bundy, we banked on Johnny Depp as Hanson, and those sorts of people banked for us. Ten fold. Who's some of your talent, Simpson.." "Rey Mysterio Jr, Vader, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair.." "Yeah," Kellner responded. "I've heard of Flair. Good kid. Got a future." Simpson knew this was not the time nor the place to actually point out to Kellner that Ric Flair was one of the most legendary wrestlers of all time rivalling the likes of Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino in terms of historical significance. "Anyway, I took a punt before, I'm going to take a punt again. But it's got a qualification. We review this every six months, every year, and if so god help you there is so much as one slip up, World Championship Wrestling is dead on AOL Time Warner.." The rest of the meeting was a complete blur to John Simpson. The moment he had waited for had come to fruition. It was as if he was an innocent man on death row who received a pardon at the last second and a reprieve at life. It was that important to Simpson. History would show that Jamie Kellner was ultimately responsible for buring the gravel on top of WCW's coffin. But this is my story, the Death of WCW, and so help me god, WCW will not die again.

[QUOTE=tristram][B][U][CENTER]The Final Nail in the Coffin?[/CENTER][/U][/B] There he sat. John Simpson. A pool of sweat forriging out of his underarms. For in the executive board room he sat in in Atlanta, Georgia, the complete face of professional wrestling as millions of fans worldwide knew it was potentially going to change forever. For decision's were being made in this very board meeting that had a far greater impact on professional wrestling than even the aforementioned Black Saturday, which catapulted two major events - The World Wrestling Federation nationalising outside of it's traditional Tri State territory, and Vince McMahon Jr and Ted Turner being a fabled war that shaped the face of professional wrestling. Public opinion seemed to feature that the proposed AOL Time Warner merger would complete its due process of the 30 days public comment stage of the merger process. And with that, former Fox pioneer, former Warner Brothers Executive Jamie Kellner suddenly found himself to be one of the most powerful men in the trillion dollar media industry. Kellner had previously been a pioneer with the Fox Network, but was now in a pivotal role overseeing AOL Time Warner's television networks. He had overseen the birth of shows such as the Simpsons, In Living Color and Married... With Children, and now he had the authority to reshape the entire professional wrestling industry. The meeting was tense, accountabiltiy and ultimate profitability was necessary to make sure the merger could be a financial success. And with that, many franchises faced the chopping block. Including World Championship Wrestling. "Say, Simpson," one AOL executive piped up. "Look at these figures from last year, WCW lost $62,000,000 in one year. I mean, what the hell happened?" Simpson sat back. $62m was a lot of coin to answer to. He knew that the executive's had to answer to their shareholders, and therefore he knew realistically nearly each and every glancing eye in that board room supported Jamie Kellner in wanting World Championship Wrestling to not only be sold as some media speculated would happen anyway to Fuscient Group, but also to have Nitro and Thunder taken off the air completely. "Well, I don't know," Simpson answered. He knew it wasn't the right answer, but it was the only answer he could give in the heat of the moment. "You don't know?" Kellner barked back. "Do you have no idea on business practise? On basic accounting?" "I wasn't there in 2000," Simpson explained. "I was hired January 1 2000, with cash reserves of $5m. In one and a half weeks that is up to $5.554m. That's the period I'm responsible for." Kellner banged his hand on the table. "You expect us to keep WCW going on the basis of a mini turn around?" "No," Simpson replied. "It's a monsterous turn around. In the space of a week and a half we've begun changing the entire culture of the organisation. The key to any sit com, as you should know Jamie is the script and how it's carried out. And putting the right resources into the script to achieve it's objectives. Last year and before that the company was crippled by overpaid manipulative politicians such as Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage. Not only that, but the company had over 100 wrestlers on their roster, when they were using 20 odd. Now, I have a young team who are starting to make an impact. Consider this also, despite any negativity against professional wrestling, the wrestling shows are two of the hottest commodoties in terms of ratings on the networks. That, despite the promotion being near dead when I got it. If you can get stability, organisation, control, set clear objectives and introduce storylines that make sense, people will watch. They'll come through the gate. And what's more, they'll pay for it. WCW can make money. Ted Turner is no idiot. He supported this company for so long because he knew of it's potential. It's not his fault that there have been incompetent people from Jim Herd to Bill Watts to Eric Bischoff in that time frame. It's not his fault that the on show product was manipulated by booker's with self interests. It's not his fault there were wrestlers like Hogan who enforced 'Creative Control' clauses to save their egos. It's not his fault there were storylines where guys would be retired, and then suddenly be active again in a week or two. It's not his fault that the company has misused the hottest talent in the business in Eddie Guerrero, Sting, Raven, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Ric Flair over the years. And despite all that, the company has a pulse. Barely. But it's there. And it's registering. And what's more, it's breating more life into itself. This organisation has been poorly managed in the past Jamie, you can look through those accounts and find outlandish spending sprees and understand my view that this company can not only be profitable, but be the lynchpin for this merger's success." It was an impassioned speech. He was getting used to being seen as somewhat of a charismatic maverick figure. His speeches were carefully constructed, aimed at persuading the audience it was pitched to. Simpson had been an executive elsewhere, and was regarded as a highly successful 'Change Agent' - he was renowned for his ability to turn around the sinking ship. World Championship Wrestling was no different. Despite the headaches of the first few day's in trying to set about the rifts that would help change the culture, accountability, and on and off air common sense, wrestling was his passion. This was his dream job. Despite it all, he lived for the challenge. His mind raced at that stage. He knew the next two to three minutes could be the most important in the world of professional wrestling. His mind thought of Ricky Steamboat and Arn Anderson, it thought of Tony Schiavone and Rey Mysterio Jr, it thought of the fans in Atlanta Georgia that had supported every show since day one. He thought of the key differences in product's created by Vince McMahon and in comparison World Championship Wrestling. And despite all the nails being tightened into World Championship Wrestling's coffin, he liked his position better. He knew deep down that WWF at times survived on it's brand loyalty alone, but knew he could somewhat turn that against the World Wrestling Federation and gain their audience through good market positioning to the target market - away from their competitor, with good quality, good moralistic shows, and whats more, holding value in their athletic wrestling style. The next couple of seconds took an eternity. Sure, Simpson had sat through life and death board meetings before, but none ever gripped him as much as this. He was a lifelong NWA/WCW fan. He'd grown up watching "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Harley Race, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, "Rugged" Ronny Garvin, "The Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich, Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, "Wildfire" Tommy Rich, Sgt Slaughter, Don Kernodle, The Rock n Roll Express, the Midnight Express, Wahoo McDaniel, Jay Youngblood, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, "Crippler" Ray Stevens", Rufus R Jones, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Johnny Valentine, Mr Wrestling and the like. He knew that their places in history were largely dependant on the second or two that he breathed in right here, right now. The power scared him, he did not want to be the man responsible for the make or break speech that ultimately lost the lineage to those phenomonal superstars. It would be like having a child taken from him. At that stage, all he could think was freeze frames from the movie, "I know my first name is Steven." Kellner sat back, his mind raced. Ultimately he held the gavel in this situation. He was judge, jury and executioner, and while due process would be followed to go through the formal motions of voting, both Simpson and Kellner knew that professional wrestling as we knew it would regenerate or die a slow painful death dependent on the decision Kellner would make. The responsiblity was not an issue for Kellner, he was outspoken about professional wrestling, he ultimately did not view professional wrestling as attracting the right market demographics for the AOL Time Warner networks. It was a demographic he largely wanted to stay away from. He perceived it as being just young men wanting T&A, Simpson thought of it as something more, a wide variety of people loving characters, and loving good stories being told in the ring. But this was not the time to discuss the target market demographics of the World Championship Wrestling brand against the corporate strategy of AOL Time Warner. "You know," Kellner spoke softly. It was almost as if he was a beaten man. "I have heard some pitches in my time. I made some risky moves back at FOX, we banked on some people to make us a name as an edgy product that might have been otherwise shunned by less free willed folk. We banked on Ed O'Neil's portrayal of Al Bundy, we banked on Johnny Depp as Hanson, and those sorts of people banked for us. Ten fold. Who's some of your talent, Simpson.." "Rey Mysterio Jr, Vader, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair.." "Yeah," Kellner responded. "I've heard of Flair. Good kid. Got a future." Simpson knew this was not the time nor the place to actually point out to Kellner that Ric Flair was one of the most legendary wrestlers of all time rivalling the likes of Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino in terms of historical significance. "Anyway, I took a punt before, I'm going to take a punt again. But it's got a qualification. We review this every six months, every year, and if so god help you there is so much as one slip up, World Championship Wrestling is dead on AOL Time Warner.." The rest of the meeting was a complete blur to John Simpson. The moment he had waited for had come to fruition. It was as if he was an innocent man on death row who received a pardon at the last second and a reprieve at life. It was that important to Simpson. History would show that Jamie Kellner was ultimately responsible for buring the gravel on top of WCW's coffin. But this is my story, the Death of WCW, and so help me god, WCW will not die again.[/QUOTE] This was fantastic writing. You captured great feeling and emotion and your backstory gets better and better everyday. Great Job my friend.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/THNDRLOG.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U]WCW Thunder Thursday Week 2 2001 Live from the Nutter Centre, Dayton, Ohio on TBS[/U][/B] [B][U]Pre-show 25 man battle royal[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A pre-show battle royal was won by US Champion General Rection, whose final elimination happened to be the number one contendor Sean O'Haire.[/QUOTE] C [B][U]Televised Show[/U][/B] [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Two great athletes start off the show with a fast paced, freentic match. The match did not last long though however as Chavo dominated from the outset, collecting the win with the Gory Bomb.[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]The Jacked Up Monkey attacks[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Big Poppa Pump was seen walking backstage with his usual funny head piece on. I at least always found it funny that such a jacked up monkey would wear such a thing, but maybe it was just me? "Booker T!" He shouted over and over again, just then, at the back of the arena, Booker T enters in his suit and sunglasses hauling his luggage into the arena. "You want this?" Big Poppa Pump shows Booker T the belt. Booker T laughs. "Dawg, don't hate the player, hate the game, I will be winning that at Sinn. Now can you dig that, sucka?" "No.. can you dig this..." He grabs the belt and smashes it into Booker T's face, flooring the challenger. He then grabs his luggage, and body slams it onto the head of Booker T. After a violent flurry of punches, security finally come to try and hold back Big Poppa Pump. "Booker T, you won't be winning nothing at Sinn. I'm this belt's hook up. Holla, if you hear me."[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Sid Vicious calls out Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The "Master and Ruler of the World" came down to ringside, and got into the ring. "Vader, yeah that's right, I'm talking to you Vader. At Nitro, you made a pact with the devil siding with Eric Bischoff, man. I'm the Master and the Ruler of the World Vader, you got me fired up and you're gonna get me at Sinn. You see, I'm twice the man you are and I have half the brain you have (had to put a Wrestlecrap moment in there - sorry Giant Gonzalez :) ), so lets get this funk happening right here, right now, to show the fans here what's going to happen when I Power Bomb you to Japan and back at Sinn."[/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A bitter brawl ensued in the ring, with few textbook holds as Vader responded to the challenge of the blond powerhouse. The brawl went backwards and forth, Vader held early domination, then Vicious, then Vader again who decided to head up high for a.... Vadersault? Vicious moved, he got out groggy, sent Vader into the ropes with a big boot and then Power Bombed him for the win.[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Vince Russo books a tag team match[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Vince Russo was in his office, when Totally Buff, Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell entered. Vince Russo: "God damn, can't a man get some work done around here?" Lex Luger: "Boss, Totally Buff is..." Buff Bagwell: "The stuff." Lex Luger: "The Total Package if you will." Vince Russo: "So what do you god damn want?" Lex Luger: "A World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match at Sin." Vince Russo: "Not going to happen, Perfect Event will defend against the InSiders. But I'll tell you what, I had Billy Kidman and Konnan see me before the show, they want a big of tag team action, you two will face them at Sin for a shot at the Tag Team Championships at Greed." Buff Bagwell: "Err.. Okay, those little punks what know what him them. Because I'm the Stuff.." Lex Luger: "And I'm the Total Package." Vince Russo: "And I'm still your god damn boss so get out of my god damn office please!"[/QUOTE] C [B][U]Flair and Booker T team up[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair sees Booker T walking around with his head bandaged up. "Whoa.. Booker, what happened partner?" "Big Poppa Pump, that chump wailed on me with the World Heavyweight Championship." "Booker, you've got to understand something. To be the man, you've got to beat the man, and you will beat the man at Sin. Mark my words on that. Just like I'll beat the Franchise Shane Douglas at Sin. Wait a second, I've got an idea... you and me, the Naitch and Booker T against Big Poppa Pump and Shane Douglas, tonight in a warm up for Sin." "Oh, I dig that." "Good, diamonds are forever, and so is Booker T and the Nature Boy... WOOO!!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Dog Faced Gremlin stumbles upon someone[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Out in the parking lot, Rick Steiner can hear muffled noises coming from the trunk of a limo. He opens it up and finds Jim Duggan. "Hacksaw? Nice way of travelling, punk." "I'm doing this for the... U...S...A.... HOO!!" "What?" "Lance Storm, he took me away to try and turn me Canadian. I won't have it Rick. So at Sin, I'm putting my career on the line against him. If I win, he can never attack any American patriot again, if he wins, I retire... thanks Rick, what the hell is that?"[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship - "Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow v "Hardcore Icon" Terry Funk v Crowbar v "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Duggan has pointed to Funk and Crowbar attacking Bam Bam Bigelow from behind, enciting the use of the 24/7 clause for the Hardcore Championship. Steiner runs over, and gets involved in the brawl in classic Rick Steiner style, throwing punches, kicks, elbows everywhere to get Bam Bam free. However, Funk breaks free, and manages to smash Bam Bam's hand through the back window of Lance Storm's limo. With Bam Bam practically out of it with a bloody hand, Funk turns around and gets a steel chair to the head. Steiner covers, a referee miraculously appears and the Dog Faced Gremlin suddenly becomes the new Hardcore Champion![/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" finds an unlikely ally[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Walking past the fallen hardcore participants, Jeff Jarrett enters the backstage area through the main side entrance. There is Mike Sanders. "Oh my god, Jeff, I've been looking everywhere for you." "Slapnut?" "Mike Sanders." "No, you're a slapnut." "Yeah, well, whatever, the boys have been talking about how Rey Mysterio Junior has been giving to you lately..." "He's got lucky." "Exactly. Let's join together and make his luck run out. What do you think? Me, Mike Sanders and Jeff Jarrett.." "The Chosen One.." "Exactly, versus Rey Mysterio Jr." "Slapnut, I like your style. And that match will happen, and you know why? Because I have all the stroke around this place. Slapnut, go get ready, we'll squash Rey Mysterio Jr back into a mexican squashing bean that he is. So tell him to choke on that, slapnut."[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Goldberg is here![/U][/B] [QUOTE]Goldberg is shown entering his dressing room backstage.[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting has Goldberg tonight[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Mean Gene Okerland catches up with Sting. "Sting, if I could have a moment with you." "Always Gene." "I'm not sure if you're aware, but Vince Russo has announced that yourself and Chris Kanyon will face off.." Sting smiles. "With Goldberg at Sin. Tonight however, you will go one on one with Bill Goldberg." Sting looks worried. But then smiles again. "To all the fans out there, to all the commentators out there, to all the wrestlers who don't trust me, not least of all you Bill Goldberg, I am here to tell you that any part I've had to play in any injuries to Goldberg have been merely coincidental and accidental. Now, Postively Kanyon, Chris Kanyon, you've been running your mouth lately about this and that, and trying to play me as the big bad wolf. Well, it is true in some respects that I'm dangerous when riled, but I'm not riled against Goldberg, although I would have preferred some more trust from him given I got him into the sport, so at Sin Kanyon... WOOO!!! It's showtime!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Rey Mysterio Jr v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarett and Mike Sanders[/U] [QUOTE]Remarkably against the odds, Rey Mysterio held dominance throughout this match, using his superior speed and high flying skills to keep Jarrett and Sanders from being able to really use their advantage against Rey. Finally though, Rey did get caught, and Sanders hit the 3.0. However, Jarrett distracted the referee, slammed the guitar over Sanders head, and then hit the Stroke on Mysterio for the pinfall.[/QUOTE][/B] B [B][U]The InSiders talk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"You know Mean Gene, Big Sexy and I are a little bit angry about The Perfect Event taking away our belts from us. And we know that tonight's match is a "non-title" match, but none the less, tonight is a chance for the Master of the Diamond Cutter and Big Sexy himself to redeem ourselves, to exert some anger. I'd hate to be the Mecca of .... "Manhood" Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo right now. Bada-bing-bada-bang-bada-boom, tonight you will feel... the .... bang! Tell them Big Dawg." "You know Gene, when you're near 7 foot tall there's not a lot that needs to be said. When you're as sexy as me, and are referred to as the Sexecutioner, life is pretty sweet Gene. Particularly when you hold those belts. Those belts that were taken away from us by the Perfect Event not so long ago. Well I can tell you one thing Gene, I haven't slept since then. Those belts were everything to me. And to have them taken away. As Page says, it makes a bit dawg angry. Tonight Perfect Event, you'll know why the saying is true, not to mess with the InSiders!"[/QUOTE] B [B][U]The InSiders (Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page) v Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak).[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Perfect Event largely held the status quo here, continuing their recent dominance over the wrestling legends Page and Nash. However, Stasiak got too ****y, flexing for the fans, Nash hit a hot tag, and as Stasiak turned around he got the Diamond Cutter. Palumbo jumped in, he got the Diamond Cutter too! And Page got the pinfall.[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Booker T Big Poppa Pump video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video played highlighting the differences between Booker T and Big Poppa Pump, advertising their clash at Sin for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) v KroniK (Bryan Clarke and Bryan Adams)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Filthy Animals warmed up for their number one contendor's bout at Sin with an impressive upset victory over the huge muscle clad monsters of KroniK. Kidman collected the win with the Shooting Star Press on Clarke for the pinfall.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Kanyon psyches up Goldberg[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, "Positively" Kanyon was in the dressing of Bill Goldberg who was pacing up and down, and slammed his head in the locker door for his match against Sting. Kanyon: "You know Bill, they say who better than Kanyon? Well tonight Bill, you have to be. Don't let Sting walk all over you. Take no prisoners. He's lying to you Bill, you have to believe me." With that, Goldberg gave him a menacing look, and snarled and headed out the locker room door. Kanyon: "I'm sure he believed me." Kanyon gulped in hope and fear moreso.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Goldberg v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The match started for a minute or so with the two men eyeing each other off. Goldberg's staunce was the usual two point stance, he then attempted the spear and Sting moved, with Goldberg going head first into the post. Sting followed up with the advantage, putting him back in the corner and working on the head with two vicious Stinger Splashes. However, when he went for a third he was caught by Goldberg who dumped him in a thunderous power slam. He then locked on a modified ankle lock, but Sting was able to reach the ropes. After a few more minutes of back and forth action, Goldberg hit the spear, and the Jackhammer after Kanyon came down to ringside and distracted Sting, unbeknown to Goldberg. Goldberg collected the pinfall win.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Booker T v Big Poppa Pump and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A wild brawl ensued, with Douglas and Flair forgetting the match and fighting up into the crowd. Steiner kept working on Booker's head with numerous brainbusters, and triangle chokes. Finally, he connected with the Steiner Recliner, and after a minute or so of trying to get to the rope, Booker T tapped out with Ric Flair too late to make the save.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Wild Brawl[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the match, Ric Flair and Shane Douglas restarted their aisle 5 brawl, and Booker T made a tremendous comeback to hit the Book End on Poppa Pump as the show went off the air[/QUOTE] B+ Att: 9,489 Rating: B+ SmackDown! drew 15,000 fans to Colisee` de Kahnawake in Quebec with a C+ show. There were 924,714 viewers on TBS for Thunder. A very slight drop in viewership and a very slight increase in attendance. SmackDown! got 2,089,177 on UPN. This is approximately 150,000 down from their last effort.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.bsww.de/archiv03/ppvpics02/sin2000.jpg[/IMG] WCW Presents on Pay-Per-View: Sin! Sunday Week 2, January 2001 Live from the Kettley Arena, in the Mid South![/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v AJ Styles v "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels v "Sugar" Shane Helms v Jamie Knoble[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Five men with enormous athletic ability tried to work the crowd into a frenzy. One man who stood out was Christopher Daniels, who stunned the crowd with a couple of moves from the top rope, a frankensteiner on AJ Styles, on a 450 splash to the floor on Jamie Knoble. However, while all the fireworks was happening outside, Chavo Guerrero was able to hit a Tornado DDT on Shane Helms to collect the pinfall and retain the Cruiserweight Championship.[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]The InSiders talk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Mean Gene Okerland caught up with the number one contendors, and challengers to the Perfect Event for the World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship. "You know Gene, this particular road has been a long and winding one. And I have a feeling, no, I know, the last twist has not been played out. And what do I mean by that? I've got here a 7 foot monster who's fired up like no other to extract revenge on the Perfect Event, and let me assure you... bada-bing-bada-bang-bada-boom... they will.... FEEL THE BANG!!" "Like Dallas said Gene, I'll take particular delight when I hoist either Chuck Palumbo or Shawn Stasiak up, they'll be 7 and a half foot off the ground, and WHAM! Down they will come, landing on their head and neck with a thumping Jack-knife Power Bomb. They're up against two men who are fired up, both are former World Heavyweight Champions. And I can tell you, this big dawg is hungry for more." "BANG!" "BOOM! JACKKNIFE! GOOD NIGHT NURSE."[/QUOTE] B [B][U]The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Billy Kidman) v Totally Buff (Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In the number one contendors match to the eventual tag champions, The Filthy Animals pairing of Konnan and Kidman took on Totally Buff. The two muscle bound power houses held most of the sway of this match, and Buff Bagwell went to the top looking for the Buff Blockbuster on Kidman. However, Kidman was playing possum and got up as Buff came down and hit an amazing neckbreaker! Bagwell who has a history of neck problems stayed down, and despite attempted interference on the ropes from Lex Luger who was cut off by Konnan, hit the Shooting Star Press for the victory for the Filthy Animals![/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Video Package: Sting/Goldberg/Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video package was played out, highlighting the chair shot from Sting to Goldberg, and Goldberg's apparent questioning on whether Sting had done it on purpose, or was trying to take out Kanyon.[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Retirement Match v Non Canadian Attack Match "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan v Lance Storm[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Hacksaw came to the ring looking very intense, obviously knowing that he had to give it his all to save his career. But, despite early on setting up for the Three Point Stance and missing, Storm held dominance on the match. However, Duggan found a second wind, and had Storm groggy set up for the Three Point Stance, but before he could hit it, he was speared by a mystery man!!! Storm covered,.... 1...2...3[/QUOTE] C [QUOTE]Storm shook hands with the man covered with the balaclava mask. HE took his mask off, to reveal.... STEVE CORINO! Corino picked up a microphone. "Duggan, you piece of sh!t. You give old school a bad name. Get your retired a$$ out of here. I watched this whole thing build up, and I thought to myself, the typical politics that I've heard about here will obviously have Storm screwed. Well Lance, no way man, I took your phone call, and man I listened. The King of Old School, the ****** God of Pro Wrestling, the King of Kings Steve Corino now combines with Canadian excellence Lance Storm, the new Excellence of Execution to form.... the New North South Connection!"[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]United States Championship General Rection v Sean O'Haire[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A relatively quick match, with Sean O'Haire dominating from start to finish, hitting the Seanton Bomb for the victory and gaining his first singles championship![/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]The Chosen One Interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Mean Gene, slapnut, listen up and listen good. That Mexican Jumping Bean Rey Mysterio Jr got a taste of the Stroke last week, and all those fat wanna be Chosen One women out there can only dream of a Jeff Jarrett stroke. But when you're a guy, the Stroke is not a good thing. Particularly when it's delivered by the Chosen One to a Slapnut. The fact of the matter is this Rey Mysterio Jr, you have got on my nerves. You're like an irritating itch. And tonight, the Chosen One will bring out the Calomine Lotion to get rid of this itch. Because I have all the stroke around this place, so Rey Mysterio Jr, choke on that, slapnut."[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner (c) v "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow v "Hardcore Icon" Terry Funk v Crowbar[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A quick match also, but with a lot of bleeding, and weaponary mayhem. Bam Bam Bigelow went for a splash from the roof of a car on Terry Funk, who rolled out of the way, as he rolled though Steiner hit him with a garbage can and covered Bam Bam for the victory.[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Nature Boy" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Ric Flair was shown with a prerecorded interview with Ric Flair. "Alright, I'm joined here by the Nature Boy Ric Flair, who of course later tonight will face bitter rival Shane Douglas, the Franchise one on one on Pay-Per-View. Thanks for your time, Ric." "WOO!!! You know Mean Gene, WOOO!!!! Shane Douglas went as far as to call me a never was, never will be has been. Well Shane, let me tell you I've had more championships than you've had pieces of a$$. I'm a limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin son of a gun. WOOO!!! You on the other hand Shane Douglas are writing cheques your a$$ can't cheque my friend. You see, tonight you step into the ring with the most coveted World Heavyweight Champion in all of history. I've withstood Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Sting... WOO!! Legends of this sport Shane. Legends. You see, to be the man... WOOO!! You've got to beat the man, and god knows I've beat the man more than most. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair... WOOOO!!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Vader/Sid Vicious video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video package was shown highlighting the rivalry between Vader and Sid Vicious, the master and ruler of the world, fighting it out to be the number one strong big man in the sport today.[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Cage Match "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious v Vader[/B][/U] [QUOTE]A bitter match inside the cage, that went a phenomonal length of time. Both the big men were completely drained by the end of the match. There were numerous near falls for both men, Vader and Vicious both kicking out of their respective finishers unbelievably. Vader made particular use of the unforgiving mesh around the cage, meshing Vicious' head against it relentlessly. Finally, Vicious, against all odds, hit a Power Bomb on Vader, and despite Eric Bischoff trying to hold the door shut, he was able to baseball slide the door open and fling Bischoff into the barracade, and escape to the floor, despite the last ditch effort of Vader. Both men required medical attention given the massive loss of blood.[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Big Poppa Pump interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Mean Gene had Big Poppa Pump, the defending WCW World Heavyweight Champion. "Alright, Big Poppa Pump, tonight in the main event of Sin, you defend your World Heavyweight Championship against Booker T." "Look at these peaks Gene... can anyone in their right mind compete against them? I am the Genetic Freak, Gene. Booker T can try all he can to try and defeat me, but I was backstage satisfying my Freaks like only Big Poppa Pump can, and they said, Freakzilla, the Genetic Freak, the Big Bad Booty Daddy, go out there and get the win for your Freaks. I'm your Hook Up... Holla, if you hear me."[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiask) (c) v The InSiders (Diamond Dallas Page and Kevin Nash)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Kevin Nash completely and utterly dominated this match. But for some reason didn't tag in Diamond Dallas Page when he was copping a belting from Shawn Stasiak. However, all seemed fine when Kevin Nash regained dominance, and had Stasiak up for the Jack-knife, but .... Diamond Dallas Page came into the ring and clotheslined Kevin Nash, Nash lost balance, turned around into a Diamond Cutter! Page pulled Stasiak on top... 1...2....3![/QUOTE] B [B][U]DDP continues the attack[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The fans booed viciously continued his assault on his former tag team partner. The Perfect Event celebrated... with Diamond Dallas Page![/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Goldberg on his way to the ring[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Self explanatory really, for some reason people marked out for it[/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, in a prerecorded segment, Gene Okerland caught up with Sting. "Alright guys, I'm here with Sting, who is about to go head to head in a three way dance with Chris Kanyon and Goldberg. Sting, any last words for Kanyon and Goldberg?" "There's not a whole lot more that needs to be said Mean Gene, the situation is as cleary as murky pond water. We all know what Goldberg thinks, I can't help that right. We all know the games Kanyon's played. I can't help that right now. What I can help is proving a point to all out there that Sting is still the number one franchise in WCW. WOOO!!! It's Showtime.... FOLKS!"[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Three Way Dance "Positively" Chris Kanyon v Sting v Goldberg[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A fiery encounter, in which Chris Kanyon sat down in the bottom turnbuckle for the first two or three minutes as Sting and Goldberg went toe to toe. It was obvious Sting was trying to make Goldberg see the truth, and even extended his hand but Goldberg wasn't interested, much to Kanyon's delight. Kanyon sat back some more, until Sting finally pulled him out of the corner and entered him into a three way melee with lefts rights and kicks going everywhere. Finally Kanyon drop kicked Sting out of the ring, and then looked around to find Goldberg ready to spear him. Kanyon moved, Sting had got back to the ring apron and collected Goldberg's spear, sending him into the barracade. The ending of the match saw Goldberg stand in the two point stance with both Sting and Kanyon groggy, Goldberg ran straight, and then veered towards Kanyon and took him out! He jackhammered him, and pinned him. 1...2...3.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting and Goldberg stand off[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sting went over and tried to extend his hand to Goldberg. Goldberg looked at it, and then looked Sting back in the eye. Goldberg snarled, but Sting stood his ground, with his hand extended. Finally, Goldberg stuck his hand and shook it, and the two heroes celebrated in the centre of the ring.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Jarrett/Mysterio Jr video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video was shown of The Chosen One Jeff Jarrett and Rey Mysterio Jr's recent run ins that had led to the next match at Sin.[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]This one was a quick paced encounter, but a long drawn out one as well. Both competitors had chances to hit their finishers, but the opponents continually escaped. The match was even throughout, finally though, about 15 minutes into it, Mysterio Jr hit a Springboard Frankenrana for the pinfall..1...2...3![/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Rey celebrates[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Rey Mysterio Jr looked shocked having upset the Chosen One, and therefore decided to hype it up Latino style with the crowd![/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A bitter match, nothing out of the textbook in this one. Flair resorted to a lot of his most dirtiest tricks, the poke in the eye, the low blow, the figure four leg lock around the ring post. Douglas for his part was not against trying his hand either, using Flair's hair, pulling on the tights, using the ring ropes for leverage. Douglas went for the Franchiser, but Flair poked him in the eye, as Douglas reeled away he rolled him up in the centre of the ring into the figure four leg lock. After a frenetic battle, there was no escape, and Douglas had to surrendour.[/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Big Poppa Pump v Booker T[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A brutal brawl early on, Booker T tried to use his superior speed, but each time he got some momentum up he'd run into one of Steiner's variety of suplexes. Booker T though eventually did start to tire out Big Poppa Pump, but the match turned again when Eric Bischoff passed a lead pipe to Big Poppa Pump and distracted the referee, Big Poppa Pump used it across the head of Booker T, opening him up. The referee threatened to stop the match due to blood loss, and then Big Poppa Pump put Booker T into the Steiner Recliner. With blood streaming over his eyes, in the centre of the ring, Booker T looked gone for all money. He was asked if he was submitting, time and time again he said no, the referee asked if he wanted the match stopped for blood, Booker said no, anytime the referee tried to check for blood, Booker pushed him away. Somehow, after two or three minutes in the Steiner Recliner, and even some how coming back to life when checked to see if he'd gone out cold, he drew one last draw of strength to back Big Poppa Pump into the turnbuckle. Bischoff came into the ring for some reason to try and stop the momentum, but Booker used his patented side kick to smash him out of the ring. Big Poppa Pump tried to take advantage of the distraction, but Booker ducked a clothesline.... BOOK-END!!!! Cover...1....2...3!!!! BOOKER T IS THE NEW WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION![/QUOTE] A Rating: A Attendence: 24,908 PPV Buys: 340,494 buys Feedback welcome!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitrologo2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro Card Announced[/CENTER][/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T will defend his newly won title against former champion Big Poppa Pump [*]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v Diamond Dallas Page [*]The Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak) v The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) [*]Rey Mysterio Jr v Sting [*]Goldberg and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Vader v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious [*]The New North South Connection (Steve Corino and Lance Storm) v The Mamalukes (Big Vito and Johnny the Bull) [*]Plus much much more in another action packed Nitro! [*]Predictions WELCOME! [/LIST] In other news, WCW today offered the following wrestlers releases "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan Madusa Meng "Das Wunderkid" Alex Wright WCW wishes them all the best for their future endeavours.

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Great PPV and what a way to start building the WCW franchise again. You took all the key players and put them back on top and really made things work. Great job![/QUOTE] Thanks Stallion - and thanks for your continued feedback, it's helping make this work!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitrologo2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro, Monday, Week 3, 2001 - Live on TNT from the Fleet Center, Boston, Massachusetts[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]The New North South Connection Attack[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Big Vito is shown entering the arena. From nowhere, Lance Storm and Steve Corino, the King of Old School and in combination the New North South Connection pound mercilessly on Big Vito. "This is a Calgary, Alberta, Canada beating Vito.." "This is for all the Old Schoolers.." Johnny the Bull enters the arena, and notices his friend Big Vito taking a pounding. He runs over, and scares them off. "Vito.. Vito, we're family, what the hell happened? Heh? We're going to need to make a hit tonight, family redemption, no one squeels on a member of my family."[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]Booker T/Big Poppa Pump Sin recap[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The commentators, Tony Schiavone, Mean Gene Okerland and Larry Zbysko show the fans the gruelling lengths Booker T went to at Sin last night to reclaim the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. They also announce that tonight, there will be a rematch, for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v AJ Styles[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A typically fast paced Nitro opener, with both men showing off some stellar high flying moves, particularly AJ Styles who used a number of missile drop kicks, an amazing 450 splash, and tilterwheel hurricanranas. However it was all to no avail, as Chavo Guerrero Jr took quick advantage of an error from AJ Styles to land the Tornado DDT for the win.[/QUOTE] C- [B][U]A show of respect[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, with Big Vito still being assisted away from the fight scene by Johnny the Bull, who was still muttering revenge for the family, Goldberg entered the arena's back door. Standing by the door was none other than Sting. The two men stood toe to toe, before Sting extended his right hand. Goldberg looked down at it, before eventually accepting the show of respect. "Last night Goldberg, you showed me the true meaning of SHOWTIME! WOO!! For that man, I've got your back, and a lot of respect." "Who better dan Kanyon? Sting is!" With that, the two men pull each other together to embrace in a hug of respect.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Diamond Dallas Page interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Tony, Larry, fans, I'm back here with the one, the only, Diamond Dallas Page. Diamond Dallas Page, answer the question that's on the lips of millions around this great country, and indeed the wrestling world, why did you do what you did to Kevin Nash at Sin?" "You know what Mean Gene, I don't have to answer to you. You, like Kevin "Big Sexy the Doofus Killer" Nash are nothing. Nothing. Kevin Nash held me back Gene. Everyone looks at Diamond Dallas Page, they see a wrestling genius. Yet I was tied back by that big freak Nash. And the more I thought about it, the more I could see why the Perfect Event were getting the better of us. It had nothing to do with myself, it was all to do with Kevin Nash." "So you decided to Diamond Cut Kevin Nash on that basis?" "Last night was the culmination of many things Gene. When you're a tag team, you're on the road 24/7 travelling between sh**holes like Boston, Massachusetts. And when you're driving with a guy like Kevin Nash whose only claim to fame is telling you how Scotty's doing in rehab, it ain't much fun. I got a call from Chuck Palumbo man, the guy is a phenomonal athlete. He has the entire world at his feet. And he asked me for a favour. And I obliged. And you know why I obliged? Because it's right. Vince Russo made a point a couple of weeks ago about the politics and the b*****it, I won't tell you what Kevin Nash is about, but I'll tell you what the Perfect Event and Diamond Dallas Page are about. Success. Attitude. And the right result. The Perfect Event rightfully won last night, and tonight Kevin Nash...bada...bing...bada......bang....bada...boom, you will... Feel ... the .....Bang!"[/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]The New North South Connection (Steve Corino and Lance Storm) v the Mamalukes (Johnny the Bull and Big Vito)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Big Vito was clearly hampered by an injury to the neck, and in true mafia style, Johnny the Bull seemed to pay too much attention to his colleague, rather than on the match. He did however try to seek some form of redemption, but everytime he mounted an offence, he'd be pushed into the corner and cut off by clever tag team wrestling. Eventually, Corino hit the Old School Bomb to collect the pinfall in The New North South Connection debut![/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Booker T fires up Big Sexy[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Kevin Nash is in his dressing room, looking very angry. There is a knock at the door. "Yeah, who is it.." "Don't hate the player, hate the game." "Come in Booker." The WCW World Heavyweight Champion comes in. "Hey player, don't let that sucker get you down." "Man, he was my best friend, at least without Scott around, you know what I'm saying. And he does.... that.... to me?" "We all go through it player, you've got to try and shake it off." "You know, I agree. And the only way I can think of doing it is by kicking his a$$ in that ring, later tonight." "Now can you dig that.... SUCKA!!!"[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak) v The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Billy Kidman)[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The newly crowned number one tag team contendors sparred off with the current world tag champs next on Nitro. Kidman launched a quick paced offence to get the match going, frequently tiring Shawn Stasiak out with crisp moves from the ropes. However, before too long, The Perfect Event's loyal follower Diamond Dallas Page pulled on Kidman's foot, distracting him, allowing Chuck Palumbo to hit the Palumbo Deluxe for the victory.[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]The Nature Boy finds a tag partner[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair knocks on an unmarked dressing room. The door opens, inside the dressing room with the blood spot on his forehead and a damaged locker door is Goldberg. "WOOO!!!" "What are you so happy about tonight Naitch?" "It's like this Bill... I've been told I've got a tag match tonight against The Chosen One Jeff Jarrett and The Franchise Shane Douglas, and I need to find a partner. You know Goldberg, neither of those guys think a lot of you... how about we show them that diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg? WOO!!" "Natich... a'ight, you got a partner tonight. Jarrett and Douglas... THEY'RE NEXT!" "WOOO!!!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]Kanyon issues an open challenge[/U][/B] [QUOTE]In the ring was "Positively" Chris Kanyon. "You know what, firstly, Who better than Kanyon? Well not Goldberg, and you know why? Because of this here piece of paper. This here piece of paper is from the WCW Medical Crew who will not clear me to fight against Goldberg tonight in any capacity. So tonight, I issue an open challenge... so Norman Smiley, or Corporal Cajun, or Christopher Daniels... come on down here for an a$$ whoopin'... Who better than ..." Just then, Vader's music hits, and the big man with Eric Bischoff starts coming down to the ring. As he's half way down, Sid Vicious' music hits, and he chases Vader into the ring...[/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Vader v "the Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Kanyon rolled out of the ring, and let Vader and Vicious belt each other up for the first few minutes. The referee did not count Kanyon out. Finally Kanyon backed into Eric Bischoff who had a steel chair, forcing Kanyon into the ring. By that stage though, Vader had hit his Vader Bomb on Vicious. Kanyon rolled into the ring, and bumped into Vader... but defied the odds and hit the Kanyon Cutter! He covered Vader for the surprise pinfall![/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Sting challenges Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Stinger was with Mean Gene Okerland. "Alright fans, I have none other than Sting, who is here to issue a challenge to Rey Mysterio Jr." "That's right Gene. You see, these great fans here tonight deserve a great match. To keep WCW's great momentum rolling Gene, I scouted out the roster, and there isn't a star rising quicker than that of Rey Mysterio Jr. Rey, you've earnt your shot at me... now it's... SHOWTIME!"[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Rey Mysterio Jr v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The match was bound to be quick paced, Sting on several occasions tried to slow the pace of the match down with some power house moves, but Rey in typical Mysterio fashion bounced back to hit the ropes to use the air to his advantage. Following a titanic tussel, Sting missed a Stinger Splash, Mysterio leaped to the ropes for a Springboard Hurricanrana for the surprise pinfall![/QUOTE] A [B][U]Jarrett and Douglas comments[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Our action comes to us from inside the dressing room of Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas. "I can't believe we have to face that slapnut Goldberg tonight.." "I can't believe I get another chance... I mean I have to Franchise Ric Flair yet again tonight." "I am the Chosen One, I have all the stroke around this place. I can't believe I've got to face up to Goldberg and Flair tonight." "Me either. We've got to prove to the brass our worth man." "Okay, slapnut, lets go do this." Douglas tries to headbang the locker door, but only causes himself a headache as he reels away in pain.[/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarett and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v Goldberg and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Not a whole lot of textbook moves here, even though Goldberg showed a couple of drop toe holds early on in the match against Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett eventually resorted to the guitar, and tried slamming it over the head of Goldberg, but he moved, and he collected Douglas. Flair came into the ring and tossed Jarrett out to ringside, while Goldberg speared and jackhammered Shane Douglas for the pinfall![/QUOTE] A [B][U]Booker T confident[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Gene Okerland caught up with the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion. "Tonight, Booker T, you will defend the title you won only last night at Sin, against former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Poppa Pump. Are you confident?" "Last night Gene, it was the greatest moment of my life. Nearly 30,000 people cheering as I, with blood streaming down my face defied all the odds to beat Big Poppa Pump...1...2...3. Nothing compares. Nothing, dawg. There ain't no way, no how that I will give that experience up tonight. Big Poppa Pump, don't hate the player, hate the game... now, can you dig that, SUCKA!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v Diamond Dallas Page[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The two former InSiders squared off in the squared circle. But that didn't last long. Nash used his big boot to send Dallas Page over the top rope. He didn't wait for the ten count though, and took Page through the crowd for a rough and tough fight. The match was counted out.[/QUOTE] B [B][U]Big Poppa Pump on his way to the ring[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Big Poppa Pump is shown leaving his dressing room. "Alright freaks, I'm all warmed up now. I'll be your WCW World Heavyweight Champion hook up again... Holla... if you hear me!"[/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T (c) v Big Poppa Pump[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Booker T's head was cut open early again in this bout, by continued punching by the Genetic Freak. The match was toe to toe, power house action. Again Big Poppa Pump locked Booker T up in the Steiner Recliner, and all appeared lost as the referee checked on the arm of Booker T... down it went once, then twice... and then Thr! NO!!! Somehow he found a second breath and pushed Big Poppa Pump off, Big Poppa Pump rebounded from the turnbuckle.. into a BOOK-END! 1...2...3![/QUOTE] A Rating: B+ Att: 8,976 1,968,455 viewers on TNT Raw was a B rated show from General Motors Place in British Columbia, Canada in front of 20,358 in attendance. RAW got 3,036,883 viewers.

Your getting better and better every week brother. Your shows keep getting better ratings and better overall ratings then the WWE so I would say you were on a roll. Great job and another great show. Im interested to see who will be next to face Booker T for the World Title now that Steiner got his rematch already. Also nice job of starting this fued with DDP and Nash and by putting DDP as a kind of manager to The Perfect Event is another great way to open a spot on the roster for the younger talent to rise up. Way to go!

I was a bit confused by some of the Sin booking as matches like Flair vs Douglas was advertised to be a sadistic madness match and the triple threat was supposed to be a cage match but vader vs sid was instead. Just wondering.

Archived