The Death of WCW?

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1425/coollogocom1115933kw8.jpg[/IMG] WCW Glycerine, live from the Gaylord Entertainment Centre Live on NBC[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.hotelmanagement-network.com/projects/grapevine/images/opryland1.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Coin Toss[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair was seen with Vince Russo [*]Russo told Flair that the WCW Committee had ruled that a coin toss would be decided to decide who'd be competing at the debut main event of Glycerine, tonight [*]Russo said Flair could have heads, he tossed the coin.... [*]Tails came up. [*]Russo told Flair of this, and told Flair that team Russo had decided that "Positively" Chris Kanyon will go one on one with Sting [*]Flair smiled and told Russo that Sting could take Kanyon anywhere, anytime, any place [*]WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) v "The Real Deal" AJ Styles v "Sugar" Shane Helms v "Primetime" Elix Skipper v Jamie Knoble v Jimmy Yang[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A quick paced match to debut Glycerine [*]Six young competitors starting out in the business with a lot of agility, and creativity [*]Certainly all a bit raw [*]But all know how to pull off moves to excite the crowd early on in a card [*]Former WCW Cruiserweight Champion "Sugar" Shane Helms dominated proceedings [*]The Jung Dragons pairing of Knoble and Yang combined together to synchronised asai moonsaults to AJ Styles and Elix Skipper on the outside [*]Daniels watched on, but as he turned around fell prey to the Angels Wings...1...2...3! Daniels retains [/LIST][/QUOTE] C- [B][U]"The Chosen One" challenges Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"The Chosen One" came to the ring immediately following the cruiserweight extravaganza [*]He said he was disappointed in the local Tennessee people [*]He said that the liikes of Elvis and himself, who put the Tennessee area on the map are disgusted that Tennessee has not lived up to their outstanding achievements [*]He said he was disgusted that Tennessee people could boo a local champion like himself, the Chosen One, Jeff Jarrett, and cheer for that big slapnut Vader [*]He then said that he was going to show Tennessee again how a real man succeeds in life, and asked Vader to come down to the ring right here, right now... Choke on that [*]Vader came down to the ring accepting the challenge [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The big man held the upper hand for most of this bout [*]His power, his strength, his physical presence was enough to hold Jeff Jarrett at baty [*]And Jarrett took a pounding [*]His local Tennessee fans cheered for it too [*]Vader signalled for the Vader Bomb, but Jarrett put a set of brass knucks on and low blowed Vader! [*]Jarrett then pointed to the commentary position, and asked the referee to stop Tony Schiavone from criticising him [*]With that slight distraction, Jarrett grabbed his trusty guitar and slammed it over the head of Vader [*]He covered.....1....2....thr.. NO!!!!!! He kicked out [*]He then flung Jarrett off him and sat up and got straight back to his feet [*]The cameras showed Vader's head piece of ringside, which was mysting [*]Jarrett looked on in shock and tried to beg for forgiveness [*]Vader whipped him into the ropes and hit a big boot [*]He picked him up again and wheeled him into the ropes, shoulder block [*]Into another rope, clothesline! [*]He picked Jarrett up... VADER BOMB!!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Lance Storm needs a partner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, one half of the New North South Connection, Lance Storm taps on a dressing room door [*]Johnny the Bull of the Mamalukes opens up [*]There is a stand off between the two of them [*]Storm asks if he can be serious for a moment [*]He explains that his good friend Steve Corino will not be competing tonight because of an injury he suffered recently [*]But he said that the two of them had qualified for a tag team title shot next against the Filthy Animals and Perfect Event [*]Storm asked if Johnny the Bull would like to be his partner [*]Johnny the Bull declined [*]Storm said that he forgave him for the problems they had in the past [*]Johnny the Bull looked puzzled at that, as it was clearly the New North South Connection who had caused the friction in the past [*]Storm said either way, tonight was a chance for Johnny the Bull to reclaim WCW gold [*]Johnny the Bull thought about it some more, and he said only because of the prestige of the belts would he team with Storm [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Billy Kidman) (c) v The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfectshawn" Shawn Stasiak) v Johnny the Bull and Lance Storm[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Surprisingly, Johnny the Bull and Lance Storm tagged well in this match [*]And as a result, held a lot of the match in the palm of their hands as they worked over firstly Chuck Palumbo, and then Konnan in their corner using frequent tags to keep their opponent on the back foot [*]Billy Kidman tried to bring some speed to the party [*]But it still seemed as though the Bull and Canada's finest were working well in tandem and were able to overcome Kidman's initial high energy and wear even him down [*]Finally, the combination broke as Konnan got a hot tag and cleared house on both Storm, and the Perfect Event [*]Kidman sent Johnny the Bull into the ropes and clotheslined him over the top. With the ring clear, Konnan hooked on the Tequila Sunrise... Storm called out for Johnny the Bull to make the save, but he was too dazed [*]Storm had to tap, and the Filthy Animals retained the tag titles [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]A drink to celebrate?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Above Average" Mike Sanders caught up "Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]He had a couple of glasses of red wine [*]Douglas asked what the reason for the celebration was [*]Sanders told Douglas that he had a match with "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam, an average competitor, to advance to the TV Title Final [*]He said that RVD was only average, and that he was above average, so he was going to have a drink to celebrate before hand [*]Douglas took the glass and said he'd drink to that [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]TV Title Tournament "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn v "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe v "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Three outstanding wrestlers [*]Samoa Joe, the young man who has come so far since coming to WCW, with a powerful physique and a lot of technical mat wrestling skill [*]Jerry Lynn, perhaps the best active mat technician in the game today [*]And Juventud Guerrera, one of the premier high flying excitement machines of the past 10 years [*]And they put on a hell of a 'bout [*]Of course, Samoa Joe and Jerry Lynn advanced together due to the draw at the debut of Fire [*]And Juventud Guerrera was unbeaten to the is point and firming into favouritism with the bookies [*]Juvi tried to get the pace going quickly early on to try and minimise the technical skills of the two opponents [*]However, Jerry Lynn, "Mr Wrestilng III" as he now wanted to be known, waited until Juvi slipped up, and used that moment to take advantage of Juvi on the mat [*]However Samoa Joe wanted nothing to do with that, and so as Jerry Lynn used a headlock on the mat, Samoa Joe performed a basement drop kick to split them up [*]On occasions Samoa Joe went to Dusty Rhodes for advice, but from that point on, it became an open three way match [*]Both Jerry Lynn and Samoa Joe tumbled to the outside [*]But Juventud Guerrera crashed down on them with a suicide plancha!!!! [*]BAll three men barely made it back in time to beat the ten count [*]However, Samoa Joe was clotheslined out by Jerry Lynn, Juventud Guerrera came from behind and hit a neckbreaker! [*]He then dragged Jerry Lynn to the corner.... 450 SPLASH!!! 1...2....3!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Flair talks about Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock caught up with the "Nature Boy" [*]She asked how Ric felt about Sting giong one on one with Chris Kanyon, given his reputation for being one of the most innovative wrestlers in the world today capable of injury a man with many sickening moves [*]Flair told Pamela that Sting was a hell of a competitor, who'd overcome guys like Great Muta and the like because of his immense fortitude [*]He said Chris Kanyon was indeed the most dangerous wrestler on the planet today [*]But that Sting had faced difficult times in his wrestling career before [*]And tonight would be no different [*]And he said if anyone felt any different, learn to live with it, learn to love it, diamonds are forever, and so is... STING! [*]WOOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Brawl backstage[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Franchise" Shane Douglas knocked at the door of Goldberg [*]Goldberg opened up, and was met with a chair shot by Shane Douglas [*]WCW Heavyweight Champion Booker T saw the chaos and came to the rescue of Goldberg [*]But then he was blindsided by Big Poppa Pump with his lead pipe [*]Before things could get totally out of hand, security arrived and restrained the wrestlers [*]Booker T and Goldberg tried to break free to attack the culprits, but then said they'd get them tonight in the ring [*]... DOUGLAS, YOU'RE NEXT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]TV Title Tournament Match "Above Average" Mike Sanders v "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]RVD looked in complete control early on [*]He used his reproitoire of exhillarting moves to keep the former WCW Commissioner floored to the ground [*]The two men went to the outside early on, and the fighting was vicious [*]The referee tried to stop them, but they ended up going into the crowd and brawling [*]Given the magnitude of the match, the referee allowed the match to continue [*]RVD headed up top of a large speaker, and hit a split legged moonsault on Sanders [*]Sanders however recovered, and ended up nashing RVD's head against the steel ringside barriers [*]Eventually Sanders took RVD back into the centre of the ring [*]RVD was dazed [*]Sanders was in a world of hurt too [*]RVD tried to hit Rolling Thunder, but only collected the knees of Mike Sanders [*]Sanders then picked RVD up for a bridging German Suplex...1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Chavo Challenge[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Chavo Guerrero Jr came to the ring [*]And told the fans the deep rooted respect he had for "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash [*]Immediately the giant killer came to the ring [*]Kevin Nash told Chavo to cut the cr@p [*]He said he didn't need to worry about getting a tan this year, with all the sh!t Chavo had put on him [*]Chavo said it was not true, and he said that he considered Kevin Nash the strongest competitor in the land today, and he had a challenge to prove it [*]Nash asked what it was [*]Chavo said that if Kevin laid down, he'd head to the top rope, and hit a moonsault onto the chest - he said that could break the ribs of any ordinary man, but he thought Nash would merely shrug it off [*]Nash laughed [*]Chavo said he was right to laugh, as he was just another vanilla midget [*]Nash agreed to lie down [*]Chavo headed to the top... Moonsault.... [*]Nash got up, and shook it off [*]Chavo told the fans that what he was talking about [*]Chavo asked Kevin if he felt he could do it a second time? [*]Nash said to bring it on dawg [*]Chavo went to the top rope.... WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Flying knee drop right across the throat of Nash!!! [*]Nash is in a lot of trouble! [*]Blood is streaming out of his mouth [*]The paramedics came racing to the ring [*]Chavo grabbed the microphone "Woops, guess I was wrong... biatch" [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]WCW Heayweight Champion Booker T and Goldberg v "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Big Poppa Pump and Douglas took the match to their opponents right from the start [*]Not waiting for the bell, or for Booker T to take his belt off, Shane Douglas went to work on him with a series of crippling shots to the ribs [*]Douglas then started working on the knee of Booker T [*]The champion wailed in pain [*]He was worked over in the corner by Big Poppa Pump [*]The two bitter rivals were at each others throat, but anytime Booker T looked like he could get to Goldberg he was pulled back in [*]Douglas came in, and went for the Franchiser, but Booker T kicked him off... he struggled to his corner.... tag to Goldberg! [*]SPEAR on Douglas [*]SPEAR on Big Poppa Pump... [*]JACKHAMMER on Douglas!!! 1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting in an ambulance?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, paramedics were ready to load Sting into an ambulance [*]Blood was smeared all ove rhis face [*]Near the entrance to the arena stood Diamond Dallas Page, with an evil look on his face, and Sting's baseball bat in one hand [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon awaits[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon came to the ring regardless of what'd just happened [*]He looked in the camera and told them he had a secret [*]Sting wouldn't be wrestling me tonight [*]Sting's music played once... [*]No Stinger... [*]Twice.... [*]No Stinger... [*]Three times... No Stinger [*]Kanyon told the fans that Sting had sold out, and that he was "Positively" scared of Kanyon [*]However, just as he said that, fog filled the ring, and lightning claps were heard around the arena [*]When the smoke cleared [*]A bloodied up Sting stood face to face with Kanyon!!!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Sting took to Kanyon with adrenalin high [*]He pounded him from corner to corner with Stinger Splashes [*]He worked him over like a mule [*]The referee though decided to check on Sting for blood [*]Which gave Kanyon the opening he needed to get his breath and get back into the match with a sly elbow to the head [*]He worked Sting over with a succession of DDT's [*]And modified suplexes [*]He then put Sting into a crippling Dragon Sleeper [*]The referee checked once...twice....thr.. UP stayed up at the third attempt [*]Sting powered out of the hold [*]He forced Kanyon into the ropes and hit a high cross body block [*]He WOOOed to the crowd for the Scorpion Deathlock [*]But Kanyon pushed him off [*]Sting tried to hit the Scorpion Death Drop, but Kanyon elbowed out... [*]SCORPION DEATH DROP!!! From Kanyon!!!! 1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Attendence: 9,171 people Overall Rating: A Glycerine drew 3,616,243 on NBC Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the show.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Stevie F'n Swing;139067]Crowbar and Smiley for tag champs! How was their chemestry, out of curiosity? And great job on Fire.[/QUOTE] It didn't make any mention of their chemistry, so one would assume it was fairly neutral like most teams. Thanks for the words.. not sure if they're tag team champ materials just yet, but we'll still how we go.

... [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][B][U][CENTER]From the Memoirs of John Simpson[/CENTER][/U][/B][/SIZE] It had been a long night. But a happy night in some respects. I watched on from the backstage watching Glycerine, hoping and preying whoever it was who had called me and had made me a raging insomniac had not made his presence felt. Perhaps it was just a bad nightmare. Perhaps it never happened. Perhaps I had become so stressed I was imagining things. After I got to the exit of the airport in Atlanta from my flight home, I turned on my cell phone. The plane had been slightly late, and I knew my wife would be anxious. Sure enough, there was a message in my voicemail. I smiled at the thought of it. I cherished every moment with my wife. While rebuilding World Championship Wrestling was a challenge and a major striving goal in my life, my marriage always stood above all that. Regardless of what field you are in, or the levels of stress involved, one must always know when to withdraw from it all and who to withdrawl to. My father once said, work to live, not live to work. Those were words that stayed with me wherever I went. And while often I did not get home to the early hours of the morning, I would always phone my wife and we would talk about frivilous things just to let each other know our hearts were still intertwined like a roll of string. I clicked the button, and held the phone up to my ear as I beckoned a cab. "453 Evergreen Terrace." "Right-away, Sir." "You have 1 new message and no saved messages. Message received, 2:37AM.." I knew it would be my wife. She would have been worried sick undoubtedly. Where was he I could imagine her thinking. "So you're not answering me now, John?" It was an evil, sickening voice. Sweat began pouring out of the wrinkles on my forehead. My armpits suddenly began to feel like a tropical Amazonian riveria. I had hoped it was a vicious nightmare that had transplated itself into my mind to believe it was reality, given the amount of emotional stress I was under with World Championship Wrestling. I gulped. Time stood still. At that very moment I remembered back to my childhood. My parents bringing me up. My dad fighting in Korea and Vietnam. He had some tales to tell. But he some tales he simply would not tell as well. I remember laying him to rest 8 long years ago and thinking I never really knew what went on in his life. All I cared to remember from those times were four things. The loss of my father to the war, the music of the time that shaped cultural diversity and anti-war sentiment - All Along the Watchtower, Hey Joe, Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix, Riders of the Storm by the Doors, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, My Generation by the Who, With a little help fromy my friends by Joe C0cker, Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival, California Dreaming by the Mamas and the Pappas, Blowin in the Wind by Joan Baez, Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin and the like which helped define an era. The third thing was some of the astonishing moments around that time, great moments like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, and moments that chilled the spine like the Charles Manson Family murder of the beautiful Sharon Tate. The fourth thing that captured my mind was professional wrestling. I used to watch it religiously when I could. And when I grew up, I got to travel around between jobs and work with such great promotions as Calgary Stampede, Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, Championship Wrestilng from Florida, Mid South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, Championship Wrestling Association out of Memphis and Maple Leaf Wrestling in Toronto. "You think you can run away from me," the voice continued. "Don't you John. I told you back then, you never would. I told you, one day I'd find you. I told you, one day I'd haunt you. I told you I don't break promises John. Didn't I? I know everything about you John Simpson. I know about your Dad and his achievements in 'Nam. I know how he was ostricized like the other vets' upon his return. I know about your old lady John. I know that she's at home sleeping right now John. I know she doesn't know about your lack of faith when you were on the road John. Does she know about that John? Does she?" I gulped. No one knew about that. I had myself tried to block it out. Even with that in mind, I could not piece together who else could possibly know. "John," the evil voice laughed. "I've got your number. But you don't have mine John. And I'm not just talking about your cell number either John. You're probably p!ssing your pants right now, and with reason. I told you, I don't break promises. Sometimes people have certain fates they cannot avoid John. That's no John 3:16 moment, that's just reality. There are four things in life that you can be certain of John - one, you will be born, two you did cheat on your wife John, three you will meet me, your fate decider one day, and four, you will die. But the moments in between John, you can't fill those blanks in. John, I can. I could tell you right now John how and when you're going to die, John. Are you going to have a massive corony John? Maybe. Are you going to be killed in a plane crash John? Perhaps. Are you going to die peacefully in your sleep John? Possibly. Will you be murdered gangland style while your wife is raped, John? Who knows. Well, I do. But that would be telling, wouldn't it John. By the way John, you will learn who I am. But in due course, of course John. If I told you who I was, and when I will appear John, that would be telling. That would break the secret. I've promised myself I wouldn't break the secret John. I don't break secrets John. I've got to go John, I've got to start getting the promise ready John. Enjoy the rest of your night John..." "There are no more messages. Thank you and goodbye." What did this all mean? Who was it? How could he know all these things about my life? Was this a scam? Was this some punk kid trying to mess with me? Would I sleep tonight? And the question that haunted me the most... When, and how would I die?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=tristram;139110]...[/QUOTE] OK, now this is getting a little weird. However I have trusted you this far so I will keep going. Besides that, the show was awesome. I loved the Sting comback, even though he lost. Samoa Joe should have advanced, just my personal prefrence. Great show overall brother!

Guest Stevie F'n Swing
[QUOTE=tristram;139110]...[/QUOTE] I call a Bisch set-up. That, or Jim Herd is looking to smother you in pie.

[QUOTE=The Stallion;139470]OK, now this is getting a little weird. However I have trusted you this far so I will keep going. Besides that, the show was awesome. I loved the Sting comback, even though he lost. Samoa Joe should have advanced, just my personal prefrence. Great show overall brother![/QUOTE] Samoa Joe will be looked after. Don't worry about that. The original idea was for Sting to go over Chris Kanyon, but I want Kanyon to have reasonable popularity for his World Title shot. I think in the real world both would have got over, Kanyon with heel heat, and Sting would have got a pop for the comeback. My opinion, of course. Yep, it is getting a bit wierd. But it'll be interesting when it's all put in place - at least, I hope. Patience my friend, patience. And, more importantly, it will not ruin the attempted focus I'm putting on in ring wrestling with real finishes, where a heel can become a heel without screwing a finish. [QUOTE=Stevie F'n Swing;139473]I call a Bisch set-up. That, or Jim Herd is looking to smother you in pie.[/QUOTE] Now that would be telling Stevie. [QUOTE=Duffman;139582]I'm going to wait until we know more before I make any guesses about what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE] Can't give any real clues - the only thing I can say is it's something I personally thought was fairly rad when it all came about. Then again, there's probably 100 things in pro wrestling history that I thought were significant on the cool factor rating. Just think about what Simpson is saying though, he's been involved with wrestling since the time of Vietnam is the inference. So it can be anything past then. Or, it could be I'm bringing in a grizzley bear to recreate the carny scene :p Thanks lads, keep watching. After I finish my accounting assignment, I'll be back on it.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitrologo2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro, Monday, Week 2 March 2001 Live from the Selland Arena in Fresno, California[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/concert/Fresno-Selland.jpg[/IMG] [B]Reaching into the Mailbag This Week[/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]People have been writing into us after reading a couple of memoirs from John Simpson on wcw.com where he alludes to someone mysterious haunting him from his past [*]Firstly... didn't John Simpson say he'd never be an on screen character? [*]Oh wait, so did Vince Russo [*]I get it, come to WCW, get a big head and ruin things [*]Swell. We thought WCW was taking off. Deja vu. [*]Stevie Swing from the Ghettos of Chicago writes to us "I call a Bisch set-up. That, or Jim Herd is looking to smother you in pie." [*]Interesting. Jim Herd is an interesting conclusion. Wonder what old Jim is up to these days? Interesting to see who survived longer in wrestling, Jim Herd or Ric Flair. Eric Bischoff is of course still managing Big Poppa Pump, so unless something's cooking there it doesn't look likely. [*]The Stallion from the hood with his Homey G's writes "OK, now this is getting a little weird." Steven King type wierd? Or wierd as in why are the World Wrestling Federation pushing down our throats ridiculous storylines and sitting Undertaker, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, The Rock and Kurt Angle on their cans at the moment? Or is it wierd that we're probably thinking the same thing here - Shockmaster is making a "Shocking" comeback? [IMG]http://www.sixsixfive.com/shockmaster.jpg[/IMG] [*]Duffman from Silicone Valley sent this in "I'm going to wait until we know more before I make any guesses about what the hell is going on". Well, it's got me baffled. So I ain't guessing too much. Though I bet it's the Shockmaster. [*]Bill from Little Rock Arkansas sent this in on the WCW4eva.com chatroom "I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Sorry, wrong chat room" Sure Bill. Sure. [IMG]http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Humor/Images/Quote-BillClinton.jpg[/IMG] [*]Janis from upstate New York sent this in on the chatroom too "Like... cool man, like whateva, you know man, chill, just chill. Peace for all man. Peace for all. Make love not war. I bet ... I bet Jimi Hendrix is coming back to WCW dude." OK, didn't know Jimi was ever a big fan of WCW, nor that he was actually alive when WCW was around. But you keep puffing them back. Peace on. [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/tora_style/Funny/insane_hippie.jpg[/IMG] [*]Scooby Doo made this conclusion on the Cartoon Network "Yikes". Nice. [*]And also in the mailbag this week, links to Deep Throat on the net for free, free penis extension pill trials, and links to YoBItchesAnalYo.com, a new site out of Harlem I believe. Anyway, to the Batmobile, I mean the action. [IMG]http://www.joke-around.com/pictures/searching_for_porn_on_the_alphabet.jpg[/IMG] [/LIST][/QUOTE] [B][U]Torrie - Stuck in the Middle[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Johnny the Bull is seen outside his locker room talking intimately with Torrie Wilson [*]Lance Storm walks into the scene [*]He asks what's going on [*]He asks if he can be serious for a moment that it was now twice Johnny the Bull had cut him off [*]He'd cost him the World Tag Team Championship at Glycerine, AND, he'd already told Torrie Wilson he was taking her on a date after the show [*]Johnny the Bull said that back in the hard streets of New York, they had only one way to settle a fight over a woman [*]In a fight! [*]Lance Storm told Johnny the Bull he'd give him a damn good trashing, because he is from... Calgary, Alberta, Canada! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Lance Storm v Johnny the Bull For a date with Torrie Wilson[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A slow pace early on as both men took their time to take any chances, with the lovely Torrie Wilson waiting as their prize at ringside [*]Storm tried to take it to the mat, and Johnny the Bull tried to use raw Bronx power [*]The tide of the match ebbed and flowed [*]Spaking of which, did anyone see Jenna Jameson's last movie? Hot damn [*]Is it just me, or is the WCW Ladies ranks kinda dead as a door nail at the moment with Liz and Kim gone in the space of a year [*]Is this the first real moment a woman's had a chance to shine since the new regime? [*]Are they real? [*]Many questions to be answered - so little time [*]Johnny the Bull was put into a Figure Four by Lance Storm, right in the centre of the ring [*]Johnny the Bull tried to battle out of it [*]Torrie looked on in horror seeing two potential suitors sweating it out for her [*]...Johnny the Bull tapped! [*]Lance Storm won! [*]Torrie Wilson gave a smile, but I'm not sure it was exactly what she wanted - a date with the comedian of WCW, Lance Storm - ripping entertainment for all [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]A Needle for Naitch[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Big Poppa Pump and Diamond Dallas Page knocked at the door of Ric Flair [*]Flair opened, only to be brutally attacked by both men [*]They pounded him on the ground, mercilessly [*]They stopped for a second for Diamond Dallas Page to tell Flair they wanted Bill Goldberg in a match tonight [*]Flair said no, he was not putting Goldberg through a handicap match tonight in the build up to SuperBrawl [*]Page pulled a needle out of his pocket [*]Flair asked what it was [*]Page said the needle would just make him feel a little... funny [*]And promptly injected it!! [*]After half a minute or so, Flair sat up, with his eyes glazed [*]Big Poppa Pump went and helped him up [*]Flair shook hands with Big Poppa Pump [*]And Diamond Dallas Page [*]"Now, what did you ... WOOO!!! Fellas want?" [*]They asked again for Goldberg tonight [*]"That low down son of a b!tch? WOOO!!!! You got it pal... diamonds are forever, and WOO!!! So is Big Poppa Pump and Diamond Dallas Page" [*]Page pulled a contract out of his pocket, and Flair duly signed it [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]TV Title Championship Video Recap[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played highlghting the path taken by both "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera and "Above Average" Mike Sanders to reach the final of the TV Title Championship [*]To be decided... NEXT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera v "Above Average" Mike Sanders[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A quick paced match - but what else would you expect with the Sultan of Swing involved? [*]Sanders tried to slow it down more to his level [*]But everytime he brought Juventud under control with an arm lock, or a head lock, or a chin lock, Juventud would bounce back to life quickly [*]Sanders looked in shock at how decisive Juventud was tonight [*]THe crowd was right in behind Juventud [*]Eventually it forced Sanders to go for a low blow on Juventud [*]He covered...1....2....thre..NO!!! Kick out. [*]Sanders held sway for a couple more minutes [*]Hitting some power moves on the smaller Guerrera [*]Including a shoulder breaker that would finish most men [*]1...2...thr... NO! [*]He then tried to sit Juventud on the top rope, for a SuperPlex [*]But Juventud pushed him off [*]Juventud... 450 SPLASH!!!! 1...2.....3!!!! Juventud is the WCW Televisions Champion! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Nature Boy" books a title match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Ric Flair entered the dressing room of Booker T [*]The WCW Heavyweight Champion was stretching, and getting massaged [*]His knee was still heavily strapped from the incident with Big Poppa Pump [*]Booker T got up, and shook the hand of Ric Flair in respect [*]Ric Flair told Booker T to sit down, he didn't have time for him at all [*]He said that he thought Booker T had taken things lightly of late [*]And hadn't pulled his weight like a good champion should [*]Therefore he'd come to tell him that tonight, WOOO!!!! The World Heavyweight Championship would be on the line in a three way match... [*]Booker T.... WOO!!!! One of Ric's personal favourites "Positively" Chris Kanyon... and perhaps his favourite wrestler of all time, bar none, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]He told Booker, to borrow a good line from one of his friends... [*]Choke on that, Slapnut [*]WOOO!!! [*]Booker T looked puzzled as Flair left his room [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Lance asks Torrie out[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, after showering, Lance Storm exits to find Torrie Wilson [*]As always, looking glamorous [*]Lance says he's glad that he won a date with her in that match with that charleton Johnny the Bull [*]He asks if he can be serious for a moment [*]He says tonight he wants her to have the experience of a lifetime [*]He says tonight will be exciting for her [*]Jolly good fun for all [*]Torrie asks where he's taking her [*]Where else - to a Barbershop Quartet contest down town [*]Torrie looks real impressed, she tells Lance she's suddenly not feeling too well [*]Lance says nonsense, once she gets there, and she she's 300 pound men blurting out beautiful music, she'll wish she was nowhere else but there [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett and US Heavyweight Champion Sean O'Haire v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious and Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The US Champion was quite dominant early on over Sid Vicious [*]But Vicious didn't stay down for long [*]And in typical big blond doofus style, I mean Sid Vicious style, he hit a messy big boot to reclaim domination of the match [*]Vicious went over to take a look at the US Title Belt [*]But was clotheslined out from behind by Sean O'Haire [*]Both men tumbled to the floor [*]The referee allowed Jarrett and Vader to enter the contest [*]After a period on the floor, Sean O'Haire reclaimed his senses first [*]He took Sid Vicious to the announce table... [*]And piledrove him throught the desk! [*]Jeff Jarrett went to use the graphic equaliser on Vader [*]But he blocked it [*]And then hit a thundering pump handle slam [*]A new move for Vader! [*]He ran into the ropes... VADER SPLASH!!! 1....2.....3! [*]Is Jeff Jarrett alive? [*]Hello? [*]Jeff? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" talks to Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair meets up with Stinger [*]Flair tells Sting he's feeling a bit funny today [*]But that can't shake what he came to tell him [*]He says that he's made some mistakes in his time [*]Including bad character judgements and judgements of wrestlers in general [*]Sting doesn't understand what he's getting at [*]WOOO!!!! Sting, I was wrong to rate you as highly as I have in the past. WOOO!!! And he says to prove it, he's giving him a challenge, right now, Sting, v Jerry Lynn and "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe... WOOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting v "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Sting came to the ring looking utterly confused [*]There waiting for him were Jerry Lynn and Samoa Joe [*]Who were also, equally confused [*]The match was a frenetic one [*]Sting was fairly well worked over by the larger Samoa Joe [*]While Jerry Lynn used a lot of creative submission holds to try and wear down Sting [*]Eventually however, Sting found an extra burst of energy, and whipped both Jerry Lynn and Samoa Joe into the same corner... DOUBLE STINGER SPLASH!!! [*]Scorpion Death Drop on Samoa Joe! [*]Scorpion Death Lock on Lynn!!! Lynn taps... Sting wins! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]The Champion finds the needle in the haystack[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Booker T, the WCW Heavyweight Champion enters the dressing room of Ric Flair to get clarification of what he was going on about before [*]He enters, but Flair is not there [*]But on the couch is... a needle. [*]He picks it up, and reads the label. He calls out down the hallway. [*]DOCTOR!! DOCTOR!! [*]A doctor comes into the dressing room [*]Booker T shows him the needle [*]He asks what it means [*]The doctor says its like a truth syrup, but the opposite in that guides the brain to verbalise the exact opposite of what their opinion is [*]Booker T tells the doctor about Flair's conversation with him [*]Just then, Flair enters the room, looking very dazed and very dizzy on his feet [*]The doctor puts Flair on the couch [*]He thanks Booker T for identifying the needle [*]Because if this is left untreated, it could have massive long term side effects [*]Booker T asks if he'll be okay [*]The doctor explains that within 5 minutes with an anecdotal injection, he will be fine [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Filthy Animals laid out[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the Filthy Animals are talking to a reporting from Inside Wrestling [*]They're telling the reporter about their success [*]Their comraderie [*]What makes them successful [*]All of a sudden the lights go out [*]We can hear fighting [*]And brawling [*]When the lights come back on [*]The Perfect Event are standing over the Filthy Animals [*]They tell them they want to face them at Fire! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page v Goldberg[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A handicap match [*]The unmovable monster Goldberg [*]Against El Roido and El Rago [*]Isn't it ironic that earlier on Big Poppa Pump was involved in a scene with a needle [*]He didn't seem too afraid, did he? [*]Perhaps that's because he is used to them? [*]Or not, I'm only throwing things around [*]Goldberg was dominated from the get go [*]He wasn't able to get any offence in [*]Until, that is, both DDP and Big Poppa Pump celebrated in the opposite corner [*]Goldberg found some energy from somewhere and double speared them!!! [*]Big Poppa Pump fell out of the ring [*]Leaving DDP being pounded by Goldberg [*]He whipped him into the ropes... SPEAR!!! [*]Here it comes... JACKHAMMER!!! [*]From behind though Big Poppa Pump came again and picked Goldberg up in a belly to belly suplex [*]Blood was already coming out from the eyes of Goldberg following the heinous attack earleir by the two men [*]Big Poppa Pump slapped on the Steiner Recliner [*]Goldberg fought it valiantly [*]For up to nearly two minutes [*]Before referee Nick Patrick ordered a stop to the fight due to blood loss [*]Your winners, DDP and Big Poppa Pump! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Naitch" comes around[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Sting enters the dressing room of "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [*]He's looking a bit pale, and holding a flannel to his head [*]The doctor tells Sting that he has been restored to full mental faculties [*]Sting asks what happened, and is informed by the quack [*]Flair tells Sting that he's sorry for what happened [*]And for the predicament he put him in [*]He said "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn and the "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe were also fine wrestlers [*]And for Sting to beat both showed that he is still... the man [*]Just then, Booker T entered the dressing room on his way to the ring [*]He asked how Flair was [*]Flair said he wanted to apologise to Booker T [*]He said "Don't hate the player, hate the Game" [*]He told Flair not to worry, he'd take care of bidness [*]And left [*]Sting asked Flair if he'd set Goldberg up too [*]He said he had [*]Sting said not to worry, he'd take care of Goldberg [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T (c) v "Positively" Chris Kanyon v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A long drawn out match [*]Almost, reminiscent of the golden era of wrestilng [*]When the N...dubbya...A was hot baby [*]When you had Flair go the hour long broadway, Brisco, Race, Rhodes - whoever [*]They all did it [*]Night in, night out [*]Most of us can probably pin point some great moments from those days [*]Some of us can't, but you'll get your first pubes soon never mind [*]The Franchise and Kanyon worked in tandem well on the World Champion [*]And a title change seemed eminent [*]However, after Kanyon hit the Kanyon Cutter on Booker T, and went for the cover [*]Shane Douglas hauled him off [*]The two traded shoves backwards and forth [*]Their egos were intense [*]Their passion also [*]Their team-work and loyalty to the cause not so [*]As they pushed against each other, Douglas hit a clothesline on Kanyon... Booker T did the ... SPINEROONI! [*]Douglas turned around... BOOK-END!!!!....1....2....3!!!! BOOKER T RETAINS!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Overall Rating: B+ Attendence: 9,317 [IMG]http://www.wrestlearmy.com/wrestlearmy/bedroom02.gif[/IMG] The WWF put on a B rated show in front of 9,735 in the Dundee Arena, in Scotland. The main event featured the Rock and Shawn Michaels defeating the Hardy Boyz. Also in action, Chris Benoit defeated Chris Jericho, Trish Stratus defeated Lita to retain the Women's Championship, Crash Holly defeated TAKA Michinoku to retain the Light Heavyweight Championship and Edge and Christian defeated Gettin Rowdy to retain the WWF Tag Team Championships. The TV ratings had RAW is WAR on top at 1,392,952, and Nitro at 1,175,821. Monday Night Football nearly took in 3,000,000 viewers. WCW's popularity in the US dropped from 75.2% to 75.1%. The WWF experenced a bigger drop going from 82.7% to 82.0%. In other news, despite attention from World Championship Wrestling, Christian has resigned with the World Wrestling Federation.

Good show brother, the begining was especially funny as hell. However is this the ag of wrestlecrap again? Flair getting an injection to screw his head all up? I guess its a good way to tell the story of the night though. I also like the Raw review at the end, adds more depth when we know what is going on in the rest of the world. Good show though brother!

Been reading the diary since about Sunday, reading little bits each day and have been totally engrossed. Good diary. I registered just to say that I was disappointed that I had nothing left to read haha The TV title re-introduction is an interesting one. I was certain RVD was going to win in, Juventud was a surprise for me. I'm betting Kanyon will get the World title in the near future the way he is being booked just can't think of how sneaky he will be to get it. I'd like to see more action in the hardcore division as I can only think of three wrestlers (Bam Bam, Rick Steiner, Crowbar) that have been involved but you touched on that earlier in the thread. Yeah, good diary :cool:

[QUOTE=The Stallion;139723]Good show brother, the begining was especially funny as hell. However is this the ag of wrestlecrap again? Flair getting an injection to screw his head all up? I guess its a good way to tell the story of the night though. I also like the Raw review at the end, adds more depth when we know what is going on in the rest of the world. Good show though brother![/QUOTE] Wrestlecrap, sort of. I'm blending in a few ideas we ran back in various e-feds. It was either going to be an injection, or a chair shot that caused delusion. One or the other. I sort of felt it set up the basis of the matches okay but take your point it was definitely different. [QUOTE=Mackem;139724]Been reading the diary since about Sunday, reading little bits each day and have been totally engrossed. Good diary. I registered just to say that I was disappointed that I had nothing left to read haha The TV title re-introduction is an interesting one. I was certain RVD was going to win in, Juventud was a surprise for me. I'm betting Kanyon will get the World title in the near future the way he is being booked just can't think of how sneaky he will be to get it. I'd like to see more action in the hardcore division as I can only think of three wrestlers (Bam Bam, Rick Steiner, Crowbar) that have been involved but you touched on that earlier in the thread. Yeah, good diary :cool:[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. Welcome to the board. I do hope you stay interested in this diary. Rob Van Dam is a bit of a personal favourite, so rest assured, he'll get over down the line. I guess with Juventud, I was always a fan of the WCW "Vanilla Midgets", or little men, and Juventud was an awesome wrestler so it was only natural in my mind I promoted him heavily, as well as give some sort of credibility to both Jerry Lynn and Samoa Joe which I hope the TV Title Tournament did in some respects. No comment on the Kanyon situation, I have a finish planned in my mind for SuperBrawl though suffice to say. The hardcore division is definitely lacking currently, but a little something's about to happen. Don't want to give away all the marbles on it, but I figure it'll add some punch to the division. Look forward to hearing your thoughts as the diary progresses. Thanks for your posts lads. Hope you all enjoyed my wierd sense of humour at the beginning of the show - I plan to launch the Feedback more into the shows.

Guest Hamsalad
This diary is great! Considering your journal starts around the exact moment I stopped watching wrestling (always been a WCW guy) makes it especially satisfying (who is this Batista guy you are cramming down our throats?). If only I could substitute your reality with real reality, I may still be an involved wrestling fan. Keep up the great work!

[QUOTE=Duffman;140049]Just a post to ask about how is ECW doing considering you've stolen some of their best talent. Are they still in business?[/QUOTE] They are definitely still in business. They still have the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, Sabu etc. I'm not in front of my PC with TEW on at the moment, but I can have a look at their stats and what not and give feedback to you on it. I've taken a few of their stars, namely Steve Corino, Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Juventud Guerrera but I think around this particular time it was a dog-eat-dog wrestling world. Even before that, WCW had Chris Candido, Tammy Lynn Sycth, The Sandman (Hak), Mikey Whipwreck may fleeting appearances and you can trace back Mike Awesome, Perry Saturn, Raven, Rey Mysterio Jr, Psicosis, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Lance Storm, Leia Meow, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero and the like passing through ECW, some for significant periods of their career, before ending up in WCW. It's almost morbidly interesting to analyse how many wrestlers went from ECW>WCW>WWF. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;140116]This diary is great! Considering your journal starts around the exact moment I stopped watching wrestling (always been a WCW guy) makes it especially satisfying (who is this Batista guy you are cramming down our throats?). If only I could substitute your reality with real reality, I may still be an involved wrestling fan. Keep up the great work![/QUOTE] Stay true to WCW mate. WCW for life. Dave Bautista is a current WWE superstar. Like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Randy Orton who've both achieved well in their real careers, he has some stats I'd like to take distinct advantage of in WCW. At this stage in his career he was wrestling in Ohio Valley Wrestling I believe as Leviathon. He has that certain star quality and star physique to him that I think long term once he gains popularity stands him in good stead. Thanks for the comments - and please do keep posting as The Death of WCW continues to unfold.

I have to say, I don't usually get too into the diaries, I read through them occassionally but generally as I have nothing better to do. However, I absolutely friggin' love your diary! Can't get enough of it! I was more of a WWF guy around this time but your diary is making me wish I'd been even more into WCW that I was! Well done that man! Off topic and out of interest to hamsalad- if you don't know of dave bautista how comes you referred to him as his WWE stage name Batista?! Or were you being sarcastic and I didn't get it? Man I'm confused. But yeah, the dynasty is brilliant. If it was me, I'd push less of Steiner, Vader and the rest of the older guys and more of RVD, O'Haire and the youngsters, but as your dynasty has been so good so far I'll leave the judgement to you.

To steal from " The Death Of WCW" book I would have to disagree on the pushing older guys over young and believe that like which was written, the argument should be fresh over stale. Look at the WCW main eventers from 96/97and you can see that they were all well into their 30's and 40's yet WCW made a ton of money and nobody was complaining as it was all relatively new. Then you look at 1999 and it was all the same guys on top and fans were tuning out in droves. Even across at the WWF people like Steve Austin weren't exactly young when they received the push for the world title yet he was the biggest grossing wrestler in history. Antoher perfect example would be Batista. He's 4o now. I could carry on but I think i've made my point.

Of course you can't have WCW without just a tad bit of Wrestlecrap in there. Heck, I dare John to bring in someone and give him a completely silly gimmick! ... Or not. Kinda eerie seeing the Flair angle unfold on Nitro, though. Nice to see Fire and Glycerine getting the big numbers, even moreso than anything the WWF's tossing at ya. Obviously you want Nitro to beat RAW at some point but gotta cross your fingers. Gotta mark out for the (one-time?) reunion of the Masters Of The Powerbomb. Bring back Cheatum! :p

Guest Hamsalad
[QUOTE=keefmoon;140862]Off topic and out of interest to hamsalad- if you don't know of dave bautista how comes you referred to him as his WWE stage name Batista?! Or were you being sarcastic and I didn't get it? Man I'm confused.[/QUOTE] Sorry about that, even though I don't watch wrestling anymore I know who Bautista is. It was sarcasm, just didn't translate well as a post. I did not know he was Leviathan in Ohio Valley, though.

Firstly guys, sorry for the lack of results. Been busy with assignments. [QUOTE=keefmoon;140862]I have to say, I don't usually get too into the diaries, I read through them occassionally but generally as I have nothing better to do. However, I absolutely friggin' love your diary! Can't get enough of it! I was a WWF guy around this tie but your diary is making me a WCW fan! Well done that man! Off topic and out of interest to hamsalad- if you don't know of dave bautista how comes you referred to him as his WWE stage name Batista?! Or were you being sarcastic and I didn't get it? Man I'm confused. But yeah, the dynasty is brilliant. If it was me, I'd push less of Steiner, Vader and the rest of the older guys and more of RVD, O'Haire and the youngsters, but as your dynasty has been so good so far I'll leave the judgement to you.[/QUOTE] Big Poppa Pump and Vader for whatever reason brought a degree of popularity with them when I started the diary. Those sorts of guys are important to RVD, O'Haire and the like because they'll need to feed off their popularity with well run angles to get themselves properly over. [QUOTE=Duffman;140891]To steal from " The Death Of WCW" book I would have to disagree on the pushing older guys over young and believe that like which was written, the argument should be fresh over stale. Look at the WCW main eventers from 96/97and you can see that they were all well into their 30's and 40's yet WCW made a ton of money and nobody was complaining as it was all relatively new. Then you look at 1999 and it was all the same guys on top and fans were tuning out in droves. Even across at the WWF people like Steve Austin weren't exactly young when they received the push for the world title yet he was the biggest grossing wrestler in history. Antoher perfect example would be Batista. He's 4o now. I could carry on but I think i've made my point.[/QUOTE] Agree. Age is kind of irrelevant, if you're the flavour of the month. Ric Flair is still well over in my book, and still runs great fueds in the WWE, but he's nearing 60 on the odometer. The mistake though was not planning ahead and realising that wrestling is a cyclical business, and aside from Hulkamania, and the era of Bruno Sammartino, and in some respects Ric Flair, no era has really ever transcended generations at the box office. They needed to rotate Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio Jr, Chris Kanyon, Raven to the top echelons of WCW, in my book. Book them against the high achievers, and get them the overness they need to be the next generation. And of course, book it well post that, which irrespective of who was main eventing, was not the case in WCW post about the middle of 1998. All in my opinion of course. [QUOTE=Alex Gariepy;141099]Of course you can't have WCW without just a tad bit of Wrestlecrap in there. Heck, I dare John to bring in someone and give him a completely silly gimmick! ... Or not. Kinda eerie seeing the Flair angle unfold on Nitro, though. Nice to see Fire and Glycerine getting the big numbers, even moreso than anything the WWF's tossing at ya. Obviously you want Nitro to beat RAW at some point but gotta cross your fingers. Gotta mark out for the (one-time?) reunion of the Masters Of The Powerbomb. Bring back Cheatum! :p[/QUOTE] Nitro's getting close mate. It's getting close. The Flair angle was a bit warped totally, I wanted to do something a little bit humerous. The other option was a chair shot, and a spot of the same mentality... do the exact reverse of what your morals tell you to do. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;141357]Sorry about that, even though I don't watch wrestling anymore I know who Bautista is. It was sarcasm, just didn't translate well as a post. I did not know he was Leviathan in Ohio Valley, though.[/QUOTE] Yep, he was Leviathan. There you go. Once again guys, sorry for the slow down, if I get a chance tonight (AUS time) I will post Nitro, otherwise it'll be in the next couple of days.

[QUOTE=Hamsalad;141357]Sorry about that, even though I don't watch wrestling anymore I know who Bautista is. It was sarcasm, just didn't translate well as a post. I did not know he was Leviathan in Ohio Valley, though.[/QUOTE] Sorry mate, should have seen it was sarcasm. I stopped watching WWE around the time Batista became World Champ, so start of 2005. To be honest, between you switching off and me switching off, you didn't miss an awful lot.

[QUOTE=tristram;141553] Big Poppa Pump and Vader for whatever reason brought a degree of popularity with them when I started the diary. Those sorts of guys are important to RVD, O'Haire and the like because they'll need to feed off their popularity with well run angles to get themselves properly over. [/QUOTE] Completely understand that, I use the older less talented guys to get the young talented in ring performers over (in other words the exact opposite of what WCW did). Problem is, I'm impatient so usually job out the old fellas who I don't like to get the youngsters over. Your way is more realistic though and less people get P.O'd. And probably more effective. I just can't wait to see a WCW that's headlined with people that can really go in the ring.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/eb3e4c9d08.jpg[/IMG] WCW Fire, Friday, Week 2, March, 2001 Live from the Alumni Arena, Buffalo, New York[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/venues/pics/alumni.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]I'm sick and tired of being upstaged..[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]At the top of the show, current WCW Co-President Vince Russo comes to the ring [*]The crowd boo him viciously [*]He tells them that he's a god damn New Yorker and as such, he's one of them [*]He's also one of the god damn people who want to see top wrestling action god damn night in, god damn night out [*]He's said he's sick and tired of Booker T and Sting [*]He said Booker T is past his use by date [*]And that Sting is nothing but a meddling loner who doesn't know when to keep his nose out of things that aren't his god damn business [*]He said if Sting was a real man he'd have been able to put that fossil Ric Flair out of commission god damn permanently at Greed [*]But he didn't [*]He failed [*]He's a failure [*]So tonight, Big Poppa Pump and Chris Kanyon will both earn god damn title shots - you see tonight, in his god damn state of New York, he was ordering a four corners match for the WCW World Heavyweight Champion - Sting, Booker t, Kanyon, Big Poppa Pump [*]He told Flair to god damn beat that! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner (c) v Randy Orton[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A freakish encounter for Orton [*]To face up against a superstar like Steiner [*]In a vicious hardcore title match [*]But fortunately, or unfortuantely, depending on how you look at it, Orton didn't last long [*]Getting the Bulldog straight into a stop sign that was left in the centre of the ring [*]Steiner covered...1....2.....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Steiner celebrates...but is attacked by...[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner celebrates with his Hardcore Championship [*]He looks back at his dismantled opponent [*]He then goes to the opposite corner, and celebrates some more [*]Finally though, the crowd is heard roaring! [*]WHACK!!!! [*]STEEL CHAIR!!! [*]Right to the back of the head [*]The cheers turn instantly to boos [*]It's.... [*]not a bird [*]It's.... [*]not a plane.... [*]It's.... [*]not Superman... [*]but in terms of Hardcore, it's close to it.... [*]MICK FOLEY!!!! [*]MICK FREAKIN FOLEY!!!! [*]Yes, Mick Foley [*]Did I say, Mick Foley? [*][IMG]http://www.wrestling-caricatures.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cactusjack.jpeg[/IMG] [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Mick Foley talks![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]With the fans in a state of disarray, not knowing whether to boo Mick, or cheer Mick, the Hardcore Legend asked for a microphone [*]He told Rick Steiner that he was a disgrace to the Hardcore Championship [*]He said that he was sick and tired of the Hardcore Divisions in professional wrestilng becoming a joke [*]He said he was sick and tired of things like the 24/7 rule which made for illegitimate champs [*]He said he was sick of the likes of Rick Steiner, and these fans who had no idea how delusional they all were in pushing for and getting things like Steiner as a Hardcore Champion, and more so, things like multiple title changes in one night... no no, one match [*]He said he had decided to invade WCW a while ago [*]Because he thought this hell hole was the only place that'd allow him to galvanise a hardcore army [*]He said it was the only place mismanaged enough that would allow a Hardcore Group to be assembled without WCW authority, without WCW direction, without WCW contractual obligation [*]He reiterated - he was not under contract with WCW [*]He said this was not a work [*]This was his own blood sweat and tears [*]He said he'd cried over how the Hardcore Championship had been defamed [*]And he was going to guide a blood thirsty man to success at SuperBrawl Revenge, taking away the Hardcore Championship [*]He said "Have a nice day!!! .... Not that I really care.. This is only WCW after all..." [*]And chucked the microphone down, spitting on the fallen body of Rick Steiner [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Sting vignette[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vignette of Sting was shown next [*]It highlighted his history with WCW [*]His history with Ric Flair [*]And built up the reasons behind why Sting and Flair have been the foundation and backbone of WCW, and where their partnership for SuperBrawl is fitting [*]The vignette featured no speech from Sting, just pure imagery [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera v "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A classy match [*]Pitting two complete opposites [*]One an established star [*]The other a rookie [*]One with a preference to go up high [*]The other with a preference to force his opponents into painful submission manouvers [*]Samoa Joe was strong throughout [*]Frequently using Juventud's own momentum against him [*]But the match defining moment came when Samoa Joe went for a press slam [*]On the way down, Juventud grabbed hold of Samoa Joe's head and rammed it into the mat with a spike DDT! [*]He then headed up high...450 SPLASH!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Above Average" Mike Sanders talks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock caught Mike Sanders watching the ending of the Juventud/Samoa Joe match [*]Paulshock asks Sanders if he's impressed [*]He says it was about average [*]Which isn't good, when your nearest rival is Above Average Mike Sanders [*]Sanders held up a piece of paper [*]A signed contract for SuperBrawl Revenge [*]A four corners TLC match - "Above Average" Mike Sanders, "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera, "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn and the "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe with the TV Title suspended above the ring [*]He said it's a pity his opponents are only... average! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Ric Flair Vignette[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vignette played hyping "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and his affiliation with defending the honour of WCW [*]The likes of Arn Anderson and Ricky Steamboat professed how much WCW meant to Flair [*]Ric Flair himself told the fans how he was thrilled to have Goldberg, Mysterio and Sting representing not only himself at SuperBrawl Revenge, but every other fan who deserved the franchise of WCW to continue to grow [*]To revitalise itself, to return to its glory days [*]WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Chavo Guerrero Jr ran the majority of this match with a host of high flying moves [*]Attempting to bring the big man down to size [*]But eventually, the power paid off, as Nash caught Chavo in mid air and hit a blistering power slam [*]He slicked back his hair and signalled for the Jack-Knife Power Bomb, but from behind, Chavo Guerrero Jr hit a low blow... he rolled Nash up into an inside cradle with a handfull of tights and his feet on the second ropes, oblivious to the referee....1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]A gift from Storm?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Lance Storm entered the dressing room of Idaho's own Torrie Wilson [*]The blond bombshell sat up, not looking entirely thrilled to see Storm [*]Storm asked how she enjoyed the BarberShop Quartet competition last Monday [*]Torrie said it was alright, it just wasn't her thing [*]Storm asked if he could be serious for a moment, and said that he wanted to make it up to her with a gift [*]She opened up the gift-wrapped box.... [*]Inside was a book [*]It was ... "The Canadian Professional Wrestling Rulebook" [*]She didn't look too thrilled [*]Storm said he could tell she would like it, as it combined two of her favourite things [*]Professional wrestling, and Canada [*]She said she was from the US though - Storm reminded her that she was being given the honour of being an honourary Canadian due to her relationship with Lance Storm [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The Franchise" calls out Rey Mysterio[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Coming down to the ring to a chorus of boos is none other than "The Franchise" Shane Douglas [*]He tells the fans that Buffalo is a hell of a hole, and that they should be so lucky that he's there to beautify the place for an evening [*]He said speaking of holes, one hole he'd like to shut permanently was that of Rey Mysterio Jr's [*]He said Team Russo was thoroughly angered by Rey's constant meddling in Team Russo business [*]He said tonight in front of all these sweat hogs he was going to show why he was the Francihise of WCW and why Rey Mysterio was nothing more than a peasant [*]He told Rey Mysterio Jr to come down and get...."FRANCHISED!" [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two completely different contrasting styles in quite an interesting match up [*]Shane Douglas had a lot of heat from a load of illegal moves [*]Eye gouges, nose pokes, vicious chin locks where he really wrenched back on Mysterio's head [*]Whereas Rey, when able to break free of the shackles exploded the crowd's excitement with sizzling high risk high flying arsenal [*]Douglas had little match for Mysterio's high flying agility, aside from to use obvious short cuts [*]Eventually Douglas set up for the Franchiser, but Rey elbowed out [*]Rey quickly leapt to the ropes.... SPRINGBOARD HURRICANRANA!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The Chosen One" attacks Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, cameras switched to a backstage carlot where Vader was already knocked out unconscious [*]Jeff Jarrett took off the back of his pick up truck a tool box [*]And proceeded to smash it over the head of Vader [*]The big man lay defeated [*]But as Jarrett walked away, the headset misted up [*]And Vader sat up [*]Laughing [*]Evilly [*]To a huge pop mind you [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW United States Championship Sean O'Haire (c) v "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam v "The King of Old School" Steve Corino[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Three of WCW's most promising wrestlers in action [*]Van Dam used a lot of high spirited offence early on [*]But eventually Corino gained an ascendency with some slow rough house old school wrestilng against both O'Haire and Rob Van Dam [*]O'Haire took a hell of a beating [*]However he was able to withstand it all, and started hyping up - with his eyes in particular looking menacing [*]Corino and RVD both tried to knock him down with combined running shoulder blocks, but he stood there, they tried again and both were back dropped, landing right next to each other [*]O'Haire quickly sprung up to the top rope... SEANTON BOMB!!! On both men!!! 1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Sid Vicious attacks![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Immediately after the match, Sid Vicious rushed to the ring [*]He tapped on the shoulder of Sean O'Haire who was oblivious [*]And knocked him out with a big boot [*]He picked O'Haire up... .POWER BOMB!!! He made a cover, but of course there was no referee to count it [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]Booker T/"Positively" Chris Kanyon video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played hyping up the rivalry between the two contendors for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship to be fought out at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]The video did mention that if Booker T lost tonight, he would lose his main event status at SuperBrawl [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Mick Foley meets up with Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley met up with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [*]After a heated stand off with no words mentioned, Mick Foley told Ric Flair that he thought he was a piece of trash [*]He said he'd never forgive him for what he'd done to his career [*]And he told him that Hardcore wrestling was real [*]That bleeding night after night was real [*]That falling off the top of a cage was real [*]That being slammed into thumbtacks was real [*]And that he was more of a man for it [*]But he told Flair that he understand Rob Van Dam was a favourite ally of Ric Flair [*]But that Rob Van Dam had a choice to make - stand in his way, or destroy Ric Flair's traditional ways and join the Hardcore Evolution [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T (c) v "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump v Sting v "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A fairly open brawl ensued [*]Both inside and outside the ring [*]Sting and Big Poppa Pump found each other pairing off [*]As did Kanyon and Booker T [*]Sting used the corners to his advantage, Stinger Splashing Poppa Pump, but eventually the former champion moved, and was able to respond with some of his patented suplexes [*]Booker T and Chris Kanyon's fighting was just as primitive [*]Vicious punches [*]Scissor kicks [*]Side kicks [*]Eye gouges [*]Low blows [*]Hatred a plenty between the four competitors [*]Eventually Kanyon hit a Kanyon Cutter on Sting, but Big Poppa Pump pushed Kanyon off Sting [*]A flare up ensued between the two men [*]Booker T came from behind.... DOUBLE BOOK-END!!!! He covered Kanyon...1....2....3!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Celebration Time[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Booker T himself stayed down after the cover also for a minute or so [*]Simply trying to regain his composure and energy [*]After being awarded the belt, he went up to the fans at ringside and lapped up their adulation [*]After the ring cleared as the wrestlers rolled to the outside, Booker T went back into the ring for his patented.... SPINEROONI! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Attendence: 9,422 Overall: B+ - I don't think the show ever got really going myself, odd given I thought Mick Foley's entrance might have helped out Fire drew 3,255,803 viewers on CBS [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Wwfsmackdownlogo.gif[/IMG] SmackDown! was held in front of 10,000 at Wembley Conference Centre, in the UK (and what a conference I'm sure it was). It was a B rated show. The main event featured Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels to retain the WWF Title. Edge was the next biggest star in action in an otherwise disappointing night. WWF's overall popularity in the US shrunk to 81.8%. WCW dropped to 75.1%. In answer to ECW:- Their popularity is 70.3% in the Tri State, and approximately 46% elsewhere. Currently their roster still contains New Jack, Balls Mahoney, CW Anderson, Christian York, Nova, Little Guido, Kid Kash, Dawn Marie, Super Crazy, Sinister Minister, Sandman, Justin Credible, Simon Diamond, Yoshihiro Tajiri and Tommy Dream among others. Their World Heavyweight title holder is Sandman, their tag team holders are Danny Doring and Roadkill and Simon Diamond has just beaten Rhino for the Television Championship. I'll give a WCWdigest style feedback in the next day or so. I thought I'd get some semblence of life with results up first.

Guest Hamsalad
No sarcasm here, Jarrett and Vader are two of my all time faves. I could imagine the shock of the wrestling world if Foley joined WCW in 2001. It would have be nearly unthinkable...the same goes for RVD, he was pretty much ECW for life. Do you try and rationalize these signings in your head? I guess all the rational you need is “anything can happen in wrestling.”

Archived