The Death of WCW?

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1425/coollogocom1115933kw8.jpg[/IMG] WCW Glycerine, Saturday, Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center, Alabama Live on NBC[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/Arenas/birminghamjcc.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Delivers[/U][/B] [IMG]http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/nbapreview_malone.jpg[/IMG] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Hello there and welcome to another [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] run down of Glycerine, on the Eve of SuperBrawl Revenge! [*]First off, as per usual, we delve into the mailbag. [*]The first email today comes to us from Jimbo Mackem, a plumber from Austin, Texas, like his daddy did "Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read " I guess that question is the $6m question. Almost as significant as who framed Roger Rabbit in my eyes. I spoke to AJ before the show, he just said it was a bit of a freak accident, the swollen elbow. I asked him to elaborate, but he just shrugged his shoulders and said when you're a long time on the road on your own, certain arm muscles get a thorough working over. Hope you don't get too many blockages to unblock from that particular exercise out in the Lone Star State? [IMG]http://www.ccasantafe.org/temp_images/unexpected%20plumbers%20crack.jpg[/IMG] [*]Jimmy "The Stallion" writes this in; "WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great" Interesting thoughts on Naitch. It'll be a sad day if it is really the end of Ric Flair, although rumours going around the halls of [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] suggests that it is. It's suggested that Flair's personal life has had some recent turbulent times, and he's asked for time out from professional wrestling to get his priorities right in life. Thanks for sending in the personal photo too. Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi [IMG]http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/09/man.jpg[/IMG] [*]Cousin Eddie Hamsalad sent this in "Oh com'n, everyone knew that El Mysterere was Booker T..." Yep, a pure booking blunder from WCW right there. How's the plate in the head going? [IMG]http://ultrawarp.com/chevy/NewStuffToAd/Christmas%20Vacation/eddie_leisure.jpg[/IMG] [*]Local shoesalesman Al "Sebsplex 4 touch downs in one game" Bundy send this in "I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man." You like old school? Cool, because in a months time, WCW will head back to being booked by Eric Bischoff, with assistance from Bill Watts. Yep, the whole gang will be back, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Lex Luger, Billy Graham, S.D. Jones, Johnny Rodz and Erik Watts. It'll be a great show, I think they're calling it Retro Dinosaurs. Yay. [IMG]http://www.bundyology.com/bal2.jpg[/IMG] [*]Tom Jagilki from Kansas wrote this in; "I'm a long time "viewer". I have to say, this is a great show. The Sting, segment? perfect. "El Mysterere", was kind of obvious, but was still fun to watch. I love seeing Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm getting air time" We honestly thought it was Kane from the World Wrestling Federation, but that his mask had gone through with the whites in the washing machine too many times. Hope Kansas is going good, dang ol'. [IMG]http://www.anniescostumes.com/18580.jpg[/IMG] [*]Iamarevenant from the Staten Island Catholic Church writes in "Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. " I talked this over with Vince Russo before, and he promised me that Standards and Practises would take care of that. Keep the good faith going Reverant Ima. [IMG]http://haringliwanag.pansitan.net/uploaded_images/sf%20priest%20and%20friend-750669.jpg[/IMG] [*]Eric Astil from Chi-town writes in "I thought El Mystere might have been Foley's 1st Hardcore man making an early apperance. But alas, I was wrong" [IMG]http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg[/IMG] [*]Keith "Moon" Richards writes in RE: Thinking El Mysterere was Mick Foley's first man "Me too! Me thinks I'm a little slow at the moment..." [IMG]http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg[/IMG] " can see what you're saying, and i was disappointed at it (i freaking hate goldberg) but it was so unexpected i didnt mind it. for me, wrestling is at its best when you have no idea what will happen or who will win. and also, how many times are we gonna see a challenger beat everyone on the way to a title shot, this way i feel less like kanyon is a viable contender but more like there are loads of people that could win the title, making the title picture thrive and every feud becomes believeable. while i respect your opinion, and it is a good opinion, personally i have to tip my imaginary hat to tristram for giving us a realistic, thriving title picture." It certainly appears quite active. It hasn't been this good at world title level since Bruno Sammartino whalloped the Yanks for years and years and years without fail. Hope Mick's holding up well. [IMG]http://www.iorr.org/iorr27/kruger2.jpg[/IMG] [*]Well guys, thats all we have time for in this edition, remember, too much freeze framing of Miss Hanc*ck will send you blind. Onto the show. [/LIST][/QUOTE] [B][U]"The Fallen Angel" promises victory[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels stands at an alter, with organ music grinding to a close [*]He tells us that this is the word of the lord, according to the book of the Fallen Angel [*]He says that on SuperBrawl day the Fallen Angel rose from the dead [*]To conquer his mere mortal foes one last time [*]And that my friends, is prophesized in the holy book [*]This is the gospel, according to the Fallen Angel [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Bryan Clarke[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Tennessee native opens this one up against one half of KroniK [*]Of course the rumour mill is plentiful today with news that Bryan Clarke's contract is approaching it's expiry [*]At that rumour wouldn't surprise, going by the sheer and utter domination from Jeff Jarrett, a man a lot less in physical stature than Bryan Clarke [*]Jarrett hit the Stroke with ease, and collected the pinfall [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Following the match, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett asked for his music to be cut [*]He said that he was sick and tired of hearing how Vader would do this, and Vader would do that [*]He said he was sick of walking backstage to Vader this, Vader that [*]And that at SuperBrawl Revenge, he'd show the wrestling world yet again why he has all the Stroke around this place, Vader - choke on that Super-Slapnut! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash on "Nashing Out"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Kevin Nash had his "Nashing Out" set set up [*]He said tonight there would be no guests [*]He said no one was welcome tonight [*]He said tonight was the night big dawg slept, and awoke to take on the little chihuahua, Chavo Guerrero Jr at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]He told Chavo Guerrero Jr that he'd taken him lightly in the past, but not anymore [*]And that at SuperBrawl Revenge, Big Sexy, would get his Super Revenge [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Goldberg v Terry Funk[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Terry Funk tried to stop Goldberg's invincibility with a series of completely old school moves [*]Dodges [*]Fakes [*]Pokes to the eye [*]Low blows [*]Any stalling tactics he could find [*]But eventually his luck ran out, as he fell prey to the SPEAR... JACKHAMMER combo...1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Goldberg attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and the "Franchise" Shane Douglas came down to the ring, complete with Pump's lead pipe [*]They lined Goldberg up and Douglas was able to hold Goldberg back while Big Poppa Pump wound up [*]However, from the crowd came "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr who was able to get to the lead pipe before Big Poppa Pump could connect [*]Rey went for Shane Douglas, and hit a head scissors take down, Douglas rolled out of the ring [*]And Goldberg SPEARED Big Poppa Pump! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Contract Signing[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the ad-break, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair stands in the ring with a table and a stack of paper on the table desk [*]He tells the fans that at SuperBrawl Revenge, WOOO!!! By Gawd, the greatest belt in the world will be defended for the first ever time in a Tables... [*]Ladders.... [*]And Chairs match [*]WOOO!!! [*]Diamonds are forever, and so is WCW people [*]He called out the challenger, "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon gained a lot of heat coming to the ring with the sultry Miss Hanc*ck [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stacykeibler/28.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ric Flair explained to Kanyon that tomorrow night would be the highlight of his career [*]But that he'd have to give more than he's ever given before to walk out... WOOO!!! Alive and with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]Kanyon went to snatch the microphone from Flair, as Booker T's music hit [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Champion came down to the ring, with the belt proudly wrapped around his waist [*]The two men sized each other off, before Booker T spoke [*]He said sucka, you really are the most stupid person in the world [*]Kanyon shrugged his shoulders in defiance [*]Booker T said there was only one fool in the entire world who didn't realise, El Mysterere was this playa [*]Kanyon took the microphone and said that can't be true, because he didn't realise either [*]Booker T laughed, and said playa, that fool was you [*]The two men looked to get it on, but Ric Flair stood in between [*]WOOO!!! Save it boys until SuperBrawl Revenge, and if you don't, WOOO!!! I'll strip the title off both of you [*]WOOO!!! So let's make this official, Chris, if you can just sign this contract [*]Kanyon told Flair that since Booker thought he was so stupid, who better than Miss Hanc*ck to check over the contract? [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stacykeibler/29.jpg[/IMG] [*]The beautiful Baltimore blond gave her seal of approval, and so Chris Kanyon signed [*]Flair passed the contract to Booker T, and Booker T did the same without moving his line of sight from Chris Kanyon [*]Flair reminded the two men if there was any misdemeanours, the belt would be held up, WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Vader v "The Animal" Dave Bautista[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Bautista looked fired up [*]But not even a couple of adrenalin charged shoulder blocks could move the main mountain [*]With his third attempt he got scoop slammed [*]Vader picked him up again....VADER BOMB!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Vader destruction recap[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played highlighting Vader's recent path of catostrophic destruction against all comers from far and wide, and the immense challenge "The Chosen One" faced at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]...It's... VADER TIME! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Yet another chapter in this warfare between Big Poppa Pump and Sting [*]Both men's movements were heavily restricted [*]Infact, it was any wonder that either men were wrestling tonight at all given the massive fall taken by both men last night [*]Ric Flair was on commentary during the match and he told fans that both men were ordered by doctors not to wrestle tonight [*]He told fans that Vince Russo had tried to stop Big Poppa Pump from wrestling, but Big Poppa Pump told Russo his hatred for Sting extended beyond his loyalty to Russo himself [*]Flair said he thought it was much the same with Sting - even given their tremendous relationship over the years [*]With the pace of the match slow and drawn out with both men feeling the effects of their fall, the match became a half brawl from Big Poppa Pump, and when Sting was able to extract some momentum, half a technical ground battle [*]Sting went back to his previous days, and showed off a lot of his technical expertise to try and wear down the Genetic Freak [*]But the Genetic Freak fought him off time and time again, and even spat in his face [*]This only served to fire Sting up more [*]Sting got Big Poppa Pump in the Steiner Recliner, but the immensely powerful Big Poppa Pump refused to submit [*]He held off [*]He held off [*]He kept holding off [*]The referee checked on him [*]But despite blood dripping out of a nasty wound to his forehead, Big Poppa Pump wouldn't give in [*]Evenutally he was able to use a mule kick from nowhere on Sting [*]He got back to his feet, and tried to whip Sting into the corner, but Sting reversed [*]...Stinger Splash! [*]He hurled Big Poppa Pump to the opposite corner [*]... Stinger S... NO!!! [*]Big Poppa Pump moved [*]Sting looked in agony around the ribs... [*]...Scorpion Death Drop!!! From Big Poppa Pump...cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Big Poppa Pump attacks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Post match, Big Poppa Pump was kindly handed his lead pipe, by Easy E [*]He slapped on the Steiner Recliner, using the lead pipe as extra leverage to punish the neck area of Sting [*]The referee tried to get Big Poppa Pump to stop, but the Genetic Freak threatened Nick Patrick with the lead pipe as well if he didn't put a sock in it [*]Eventually though, Big Poppa Pump was run off.... GOLDBERG!!! GOLDBERG!!! Sting looked on in anguish with a look of desbelief, ill contempt, and untold pain as Big Poppa Pump got away [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair speaks to Team Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After Pump got away, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair strode to the top of the ramp as Goldberg attempted to help Sting up [*]Ric Flair told Goldberg and Sting that in no uncertain terms were they to expect the worst to be over [*]He said this war had been brutal, but the final apocalpytic war between good and evil would be fierce [*]He said to take no quarter, and ask for none [*]WOOO!!! [*]He said that at SuperBrawl Revenge, no matter what the two of them and Rey Mysterio Jr had accomplished in their careers, they were yet to be tested to the extremes they would [*]But he reminded them, diamonds are forever... WOOO!!!! And so is guts, fortitude, and determination, something they're very strong in [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Backstage, Mick Foley[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the Hardcore Icon, Mick Foley sat in the Hardcore Evolution changing room [*]In the room was broken tables [*]Worn out baseball bats with barewire around them [*]Towels covered in blood [*]And an old, black and white television screen [*]Foley laughed, and said he couldn't help but laugh at the comments of Ric Flair [*]In particular, yet to be tested to the extreme [*]He said it was ironic that Ric Flair was the one who talked down to the extreme ways of Mick Foley when he was first in World Championship Wrestling [*]He said it was ironic that Ric Flair believed that Foley's style of knock 'em down, bleed a gallon of blood style of wrestling was only stuntmanship [*]He said Flair was every bit the coward of Rick Steiner, who hadn't turned up tonight [*]He said Steiner felt it wasn't worth it, since he wasn't going to be used tonight [*]Foley told Steiner that the Hardcore Evolution way would teach him brutally at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]The Hardcore Evolution would avenge his backward thinking and remind him of the truth and consequences of professional hardcore wrestling [*]Where pay isn't important [*]But blood is [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two of the best young wrestlers in the industry showing off their wares at Glycerine headed for his conclusion [*]The build up to SuperBrawl Revenge was nearly complete [*]This match was the prelude to the four corners match at SuperBrawl Revenge for the Television Championship [*]Juventud used a variety of high risk high flying moves [*]Whereas Jerry Lynn mixed some aerial skills with more technical know how [*]Jerry Lynn was taken down by Juventud with a tornado DDT! [*]He hauled Jerry Lynn back towards the corner.... 450 SPLASH! [*]1...2..3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Belt Goes On the Line Tonight[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Booker T told Pamela Paulshock that tonight he was going to prove to "Positively" Chris Kanyon why Booker T is a deserving World Heavyweight Champion [*]He said tonight he'd be putting the belt on the line against a wonderful athlete [*]One of the true greats of our time [*]Tonight, the belt would go on the line against Rey.. Mysterio...Jr... [*]Now can you dig that, sucka! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T (c) v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A very high tempo match from Rey Mysterio Jr [*]Booker T tried to control the pace as much as he could [*]But when you're up against the premier high flyer perhaps of all time it's a difficult battle [*]Rey Mysterio even brought ouf the closet some of the moves that made him such an illustrious name c. 1996 [*]His battles with Eddie Guerrero and friends at Pay-Per-Views around this era were astronomical [*]At that stage, Booker T was not even thought of as a potential World HEavywegiht Champion [*]Nor was "Positively" Chris Kanyon, who eyed Booker T off from the top of the ramp, distracting him, allowing Rey Mysterio Jr to hit a hurricanrana... [*]He held the legs...1...2....THREE!!! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!! [*]WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!! [*]NOOO!!!!! [*]The referee said Booker T's right shoulder got up in the knick of time [*]How close was that? [*]And on the attack Rey continued to go [*]But he made a mistake with a cross body block, and Booker T was able to hit a fallaway slam [*]SPINEROONI!!! [*]Rey is back up... BOOK-END!!! 1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Attendence: 8,953 Rating: A There were 3,595,818 viewers on NBC! WCW rose to 75.3% popularity throughout the US... as Ric would say, WOOOO!!! The WWF sits currently at 80.3% throughout the US. WCW is also increasing exposure elsewhere in the world thanks to it's deals on CBS and NBC. Perhaps the worm is turning? ...Next up, SUPERBRAWL REVENGE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Mackem;145605]Another enjoyable show :cool: Rey got screwed though, the shoulders were down!![/QUOTE] :) We're all Rey Rey fans. [QUOTE=The Stallion;145652]Another great show brother. The ending was very well done with the almost win by Rey. However I dont see Batista going anywhere if he keeps getting beat by everybody. Great show brother![/QUOTE] Bautista and Randy Orton are both very very much in their infancy at this stage. I doubt even the WWF would have had them win too much at this stage, let alone on their main roster. IMO, the best way to get them over is to involve them in good segments to good some attention, and then once they're noticed, they can start to collect some wins. I could give them victories over jobbers like Yang or The Cat or the like, but ultimately I think holding them back a bit is better for their long term future. [QUOTE=sebsplex;145689]Nice show again. The biggest surprise to me? That Goldberg managed to have a match against Terry Funk and not actually kill the Funkster![/QUOTE] :) Funk is hardcore mate, you could smash a kitchen sink over his head and he'd still keep going. [QUOTE=Astil;145761]Great show from an always enjoyable source.[/QUOTE] Thanks for that mate.

[QUOTE=Mackem;145605]Another enjoyable show :cool: Rey got screwed though, the shoulders were down!![/QUOTE] :) We're all Rey Rey fans. [QUOTE=The Stallion;145652]Another great show brother. The ending was very well done with the almost win by Rey. However I dont see Batista going anywhere if he keeps getting beat by everybody. Great show brother![/QUOTE] Bautista and Randy Orton are both very very much in their infancy at this stage. I doubt even the WWF would have had them win too much at this stage, let alone on their main roster. IMO, the best way to get them over is to involve them in good segments to good some attention, and then once they're noticed, they can start to collect some wins. I could give them victories over jobbers like Yang or The Cat or the like, but ultimately I think holding them back a bit is better for their long term future. [QUOTE=sebsplex;145689]Nice show again. The biggest surprise to me? That Goldberg managed to have a match against Terry Funk and not actually kill the Funkster![/QUOTE] :) Funk is hardcore mate, you could smash a kitchen sink over his head and he'd still keep going. [QUOTE=Astil;145761]Great show from an always enjoyable source.[/QUOTE] Thanks for that mate.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/sbrawl01.jpg[/IMG] WCW Presents: SuperBrawl Revenge Live on Pay-Per-View Sunday Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Part 1: Pre-Show[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/michigan/detroit_louis1.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Always Delivers[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wicksteed.co.uk/news/images/postman-pat.gif[/IMG] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Due to the quick turn-around from Glycerine to SuperBrawl Revenge, today's sack was a little empty [*]Al Mackem sent this in from The Castro, San Francisco, California "Another enjoyable show Rey got screwed though, the shoulders were down!!" On quick look, I thought the shoulders were down too. [IMG]http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/HughCherry/2005-06-22_131442_biggayal.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ron "The Stallion" Jeremy sent this in "Another great show brother. The ending was very well done with the almost win by Rey. However I dont see Batista going anywhere if he keeps getting beat by everybody. Great show brother!" Yeah, Bautista looks likely to be just another MI Smooth the way this team of job-happy pirates is booking things. [IMG]http://www.exclaim.ca/images/up-question_ron_jeremy_01.jpg[/IMG] [*]Dirty D!ck Sebplex sent this in while dialing in from the WaterGate Complex "Nice show again. The biggest surprise to me? That Goldberg managed to have a match against Terry Funk and not actually kill the Funkster!" Funk may just about need a wheelchair to get to the toilet these days, but man, when the ring lights go bright it's all go go go for Mr Hardcore as far as I'm concerned. He's a freak, although yes, putting Funk against Goldberg could have had dyre consequences. Maybe it's no criminal wrong-doing of WCW to put a frail man like Funk up against Goldberg, but "it may have been an error of judgement"? [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Nixon.jpg[/IMG] [*]And that's about all the major emails that came in over night. Now if these "Make it Larger Than Life Pump" pop ups would go away, I'll report on tonight's show. [/LIST][/QUOTE] ..And that's a wrap so far. The Pay-Per-View itself up most likely in the next 24 hours. Complete with a couple of nail filing surprises.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/sbrawl01.jpg[/IMG] WCW Presents: SuperBrawl Revenge Live on Pay-Per-View Sunday Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Part 1: Pre-Show[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/michigan/detroit_louis1.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Always Delivers[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.wicksteed.co.uk/news/images/postman-pat.gif[/IMG] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Due to the quick turn-around from Glycerine to SuperBrawl Revenge, today's sack was a little empty [*]Al Mackem sent this in from The Castro, San Francisco, California "Another enjoyable show Rey got screwed though, the shoulders were down!!" On quick look, I thought the shoulders were down too. [IMG]http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/HughCherry/2005-06-22_131442_biggayal.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ron "The Stallion" Jeremy sent this in "Another great show brother. The ending was very well done with the almost win by Rey. However I dont see Batista going anywhere if he keeps getting beat by everybody. Great show brother!" Yeah, Bautista looks likely to be just another MI Smooth the way this team of job-happy pirates is booking things. [IMG]http://www.exclaim.ca/images/up-question_ron_jeremy_01.jpg[/IMG] [*]Dirty D!ck Sebplex sent this in while dialing in from the WaterGate Complex "Nice show again. The biggest surprise to me? That Goldberg managed to have a match against Terry Funk and not actually kill the Funkster!" Funk may just about need a wheelchair to get to the toilet these days, but man, when the ring lights go bright it's all go go go for Mr Hardcore as far as I'm concerned. He's a freak, although yes, putting Funk against Goldberg could have had dyre consequences. Maybe it's no criminal wrong-doing of WCW to put a frail man like Funk up against Goldberg, but "it may have been an error of judgement"? [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Nixon.jpg[/IMG] [*]And that's about all the major emails that came in over night. Now if these "Make it Larger Than Life Pump" pop ups would go away, I'll report on tonight's show. [/LIST][/QUOTE] ..And that's a wrap so far. The Pay-Per-View itself up most likely in the next 24 hours. Complete with a couple of nail filing surprises.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/sbrawl01.jpg[/IMG] WCW Presents: SuperBrawl Revenge Live from the Jou Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan Live on Pay-Per-View Sunday, Week 3, March 2001[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]"The Living Legend" talks about tonight's World Title Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Living Legend, Larry Zbysko spoke from the commentary position about the importance of tonight's main event between "Positively" Chris Kanyon and Booker T, the defending champion [*]He emphasised that it wasn't just about the gold belt [*]He said it was about pride, honour, prestige and lineage [*]He spoke of the honour with which Booker T carried the World Heavyweight Championship [*]And about the cowardly nature of the brilliantly innovative Chris Kanyon [*]He reminded the fans that historically for the first time ever, the World Heavyweight Championship would be defended in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match with the most coveted prize in our sport, hanging above the center of the ring [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Mean" Gene talks about the Wargames Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Mean" Gene Okerland told the fans and his fellow commentators about the intrigue in tonight's War Games extragavanza [*]He spoke of Team Flair, which consisted of Sting, Goldberg and Rey Mysterio Jr and their ties with history and the value of the fans [*]Versus Team Russo, who wanted to change World Championship Wrestling into a hollywood orientated commercial machine without fear of repurcussion from the existing fan base [*]He ran through the six competitors, Sting, Goldberg, Mysterio Jr v Diamond Dallas Page, Shane Douglas and Big Poppa Pump and their individual skills [*]He said the match could only end once all six men had entered the ring, via submission [*]And he reminded fans that ultimately, the losing captain would have their World Championship Wrestling contract torn up, and to the victor would go ultimate control of World Championship Wrestling [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) v "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A high flying match between two athletic superstars to get SuperBrawl Revenge off in classic WCW style! [*]Skipper was fluent throughout the match, wowing the fans with his smooth moves [*]Daniels was almost cannibal by instinct, ruthless and relentless in his moments of domination over Prime Time [*]Prime Time went for a spinning heel kick, but was caught by Daniels, who then moved quickly to hit the Angels Wings!!!! 1...2....3!!! The gospel according to the Fallen Angel carries on with the Cruiserweight Championship! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]Foley on the prowl[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras roll backstage, where Mick Foley is pushing open doors trying to find someone [*]"Where is he?" [*]"He was supposed to be here tonight" [*]Foley keeps pushing [*]He keeps prowling [*]He doesn't look happy [*]Until he opens the last door down the hall-way [*]... "Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner is already taking a beaten, we can't see who the man is, but there is blood already smeared over Steiner's head [*]Foley calls for a referee, and Nick Patrick just happens to be walking along [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The first member of Hardcore Evolution is revealed![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The cameras switch to a short, stocky athlete who is in a hooded garment [*]Steiner is howling, struggling [*]Foley requests for the man to reveal himself.... [*]...... [*]..... [*]RHINO!!!!!!!!! [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rhyno/02.jpg[/IMG] [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner (c) Rhino[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The brutality carries on [*]Blood is dripping, and Rhino is laughing [*]Rick Steiner mounts a comeback, throwing lefts, rights, lefts [*]Foley chants on "Take it to the Hardcore Evolution" [*]Rhino laughs off the attack and irish whips Rick Steiner with such velocity that he crashes through the closed door! [*]Rhino carries on, but is hit with a low blow by Steiner [*]Steiner finds a trash can and sets it up on the head of Rhino [*]Steiner goes to the top of a trash compactor.... [*]Flying leg drop onto the trash can!!! [*]Cover...1....2...thr... KICK OUT!!! [*]Steiner looks shocked [*]He grabs Rhino into a side head lock [*]But Rhino merely laughs and asks "Is that all you've got?" [*]Rhino elbows his way out, and hurls Steiner into the brick wall [*]Steiner goes down [*]Rhino goes into the trash compactor and finds a pane of glass!!!! [*]He sets it up against the trash compactor [*]He grabs Steiner again and hurls him into the glass smashing it in half!!!! [*]Blood is going everywhere [*]Rhino puts him back on his feet, but Steiner is groggy [*]He walks back.... [*]....he's coming... [*]GORE!!! GORE!!! GORE!!!! Cover..1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The Sultan of Swing" catches up with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, WCW Television Champion "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera catches up with Booker T in Booker T's dressing room [*]Booker T is in a silent, reflective mood, holding and staring at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in his waist [*]Juventud tells Booker that he is confident that he'll beat Kanyon and defend the belt's honour [*]Booker T does not move [*]A solemn tear runs down the cheek of Booker T as Juventud walks out of the dressing room after getting no response [*]...'I hope so playa, I hope so' he whispers [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kevin Nash looks decidely angry given the recent altercations he's had with Chavo Guerrero Jr [*]And he uses his extreme power to good effect early to punish Chavo [*]Chavo tries to use various heel tactics, rolling out of the ring, catching his breath, even trying to escape to the back, but Nash hauls him back [*]Once back in the ring, Chavo hiead butts Nash on the apron, using his tactical advantage [*]Chavo runs to the opposite side with Nash having dropped to the floor on his feet.... ASAI MOONSAULT!!! [*]Both men are down and gasping [*]Chavo rolls Nash back into the ring [*]He goes for the cover...1...2.... kick out [*]Btoh men take their time getting back to their feet [*]Nash fires Chavo off into the ropes [*]He goes for a clothesilne but Chavo ducks [*]On the return he goes for a big boot but Chavo ducks [*]And again Chavo catapults but he slides under the legs of Kevin Nash... LOW BLOW!!! [*]Big Dawg knocked down a peg or two there... [*]Chavo races to the turnbuckle... TORNADO DDT!!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the ring to a tremendous ovation [*]He told fans that it dawned him today that tonight might be the very last night that he is associated with WCW [*]And perhaps even professional wrestling altogether [*]Tears begin to well up in his eyes [*]He says he wants fans to know that every god damn second of his time with this company he's given his all [*]He reminded fans that if Team Flair won, tradition and honour would be maintained [*]He said he was priveledged leading men like Goldberg tonight, and that he had confidence in his team [*]Diamonds are Forever...WOOO!!! And so is WCW's integrity! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Backstage Rally[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Big Poppa Pump, Diamond Dallas Page, and Shane Douglas sat in Vince Russo's office [*]Russo told them that tonight would be an historic night [*]He told them that they needed to make sure that blood sucking parasite Flair was gone for good [*]He told them that Flair had held each and every one of them back [*]He said Flair had no time for any of them, and if they were to lose tonight, not only would his career be over, but they could all kiss goodbye their title aspirations [*]He said WCW needed a kick up the a$$, a change, a new feel, and he was the man to deliver it [*]He said he saw all three men as cornerstones of this company, and that the fans didn't mean squat when all was said and done [*]He said from day one old dinosaurs like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair have hindered this company and any of their good work 50 years ago had been undone by their politics [*]He pleaded with his men to take care of his business [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]WCW World Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe v "Above Average" Mike Sanders v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Four completely different wrestlers in a chaotic fatal four way for the World Television Championship [*]Juventud Guerrera the master of high flyer lucha libre style [*]Samoa Joe, a powerful beast with a strong reproitoire of crippling moves [*]Jerry Lynn, arguably the greatest mat technician in action today [*]And Mike Sanders, a c0cky sonbiatch who knew how to use the rules and deception to his advantage [*]All four men with great futures in World Championship Wrestling [*]All four men incorporated their different styles [*]And all four men gained some semblence of advantage throughout the match and ultimately there were opportunities for all to win [*]Samoa Joe put Mike Sanders into a rear naked choke, but Jerry Lynn prized off Samoa Joe [*]Jerry Lynn hit his cradle piledriver on the much bigger Samoa Joe, but Mike Sanders was able to pull Lynn off as he made the cover [*]Sanders hit the 3.0 on Lynn, but was unable to complete the cover because of a 450 splash on the covered duo!!! Juvi with the cover...1...2...3! Juvi retains! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]It's Vader Time![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Vader was walking backstage to the ring [*]Complete with his misting head piece on [*]Pamela Paulshock tried to stop him to grab a pre match comment [*]The myst merely steamed out in her face, and he stormed off, ready to face Jeff Jarrett [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Vader v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Straight away the sizable beast took to Jarrett pounding him with a series of savage ax chop blows [*]Jarrett sold it perfectly, begging off for mercy [*]Vader showed no mercy, and kept kicking Jarrett while on the ground [*]Jarrett was able to roll out of the ring and try and gain some control [*]However unbeknowns, he backed into the mysting head piece which scared him back into the apron [*]This gave Vader the opportunity to pull him up and over the top rope [*]Vader rolled Jarrett underneath the corner turnbuckle, and proceeded to climb the ropes, facing the audience... [*]BANZAI DROP!!! But Jarrett rolled out of the way [*]Jarrett was able to put on a painful looking crossface submission [*]Vader would not submit [*]He kept on trying to wriggle clear but Jarrett's body positioning was exlempary [*]But Vader kept trying, he tried flinging Jarrett off, but Jarrett hung on for dear life [*]The wriggling eventually stopped [*]Referee Mickey Jay checked on Vader... [*]No response... [*]He checked again... [*]No response... [*]He checked again... [*]No response... [*]Jarrett springs a massive upset!!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Torrie chooses the Canadian outfit...[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, while in a towel, Torrie Wilson decided to wear the Canadian bra and panties set [*]... Although she didn't have much choice, given the American one was smeared with vaseline by Lance Storm! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]For the Honour of Torrie Wilson Lance Storm v Johnny the Bull[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Torrie Wilson looked petrified as both men took a pounding [*]Johnny the Bull and Lance Storm seemed preoccupied with the Boise beauty [*]But even that could not stop a severe lashing for both competitors [*]And why not, with one of the most gorgeous women in the world at ringside [*]Her honour being vyed for by two young men with adrenalin and tradition charges [*]One a native Canadian, the other an Italian descent from Brooklyn [*]Johnny the Bull went for a neckbreaker, but Storm pushed out [*]Storm rushed into the ropes and returned with a well executed high cross body [*]He attempted to put on the Canadian Maple Leaf! [*]Johnny tried to stop it [*]But he couldn't... it was slapped on [*]Johnny the Bull shook his head and screamed in horror as Torrie watched on in his face [*]But eventually, he couldn't take it anymore and submitted! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Lance pulls Torrie into the ring...[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Following the match, Lance Storm beckoned Torrie into the ring [*]She looked apprehensive given the serious wrestling nature of Lance Storm [*]He beckoned her closer [*]He had an emotionless face on him, with the furrowed brow [*]She looked a bit apprehehensive still [*]In a flash, Storm leant forward and kissed Torrie Wilson! [*]... With passion [*]... No serious for a moments here [*]Barely a dry eye in the house [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/torriewilson/06.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/l/lancestorm/41.jpg[/IMG] [*]Torrie Wilson and Lance Storm - on cloud nine? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship The Filthy Animals (Kidman and "K-Dawg" Konnan) (c) v The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfectshawn" Shawn Stasiak)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The tag team champions against the men they took the belts off [*]The two best teams in WCW [*]And to WCW marks one eyed as they may be, to them that means in the world [*]And these four men did that one eyed pride a lot of honour in this match with a well constructed match [*]A very bitter and intense feeling to the match [*]Total contrasts [*]Yet fluid integration [*]Eventually, Kidman went for a shooting star splash on Stasiak [*]But Palumbo sensed the danger and came into the ring to catch him in mid flight... CHUCK DELUXE! [*]Konnan kept in but he was thrown over the top rope...cover...1...2....3! [*]How did the referee not realise Palumbo was not the legal man?!!! [*]... Oh no, perhaps this means... No, it couldn't mean, Erik Watts or some other nuff nuff is booking again? [*]Or is the referee just short of a gallop? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Booker T/Kanyon video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played again showing the intense rivalry building up tonight's battle [*]The tables, the ladders, and chairs were shown from various hardcore matches depicting how they can used as leverage builders for some intense moves [*]And a flashback to Booker T gaining the title for the first time, and what the title has meant to him [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW United States Championship Sean O'Haire (c) v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two powerful men arguably at diversely different points in their careers [*]Some have suggested Vicious is past it [*]Others have suggested O'Haire is the new face of professional wrestling [*]And those views were largely played out, as Sean O'Haire dominated proceedings to hit the Seanton Bomb for the cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Video Preview of War Games[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video was played showing the history of WarGames [*]Some of the great moments [*]The sheer mayhem [*]The carnage possible [*]It showed the bitter rivalry between the two factions [*]And how important it was for either group to win due to the possibilities career wise for Russo and Flair [*]They promoted the differences in beliefs between Flair and Russo [*]And the video then ran through the six competitors, and their strengths [*]Big Poppa Pump's power and intensity [*]Diamond Dallas Page's tactical nouse [*]Shane Douglas' underhand tricks [*]Goldberg's pure power and adrenalin [*]Sting's experience and skill [*]And Rey's ability to fly across a ring [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW WarGames 2006 For the Power of WCW "Team Flair" - Goldberg, Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v "Team Russo" - "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Well here it is [*]The archaic torture of War Games [*]Two rings [*]And a hell of a lot of unforgiving steel surrounding them [*]No way-out [*]The order of entrances were as follows [*]Firstly, Rey Mysterio Jr v Diamond Dallas Page [*]Next in, Shane Douglas [*]Next in, Goldberg [*]Next in Big Poppa Pump [*]And lastly, Sting, who entered via the rafters [*]Team Russo dominated for large periods of the bout [*]And there were wrestlers giving it their all not to surrendour to submission [*]The first major opportunity came when Big Poppa Pump slapped on the Steiner Recliner on Rey Mysterio Jr [*]But the little man bravely fought it out, until Goldberg was able to break free of a brawl on the opposite side of the cage set up to help Rey out [*]The next opportunity came when Shane Douglas put on a modified figure four on Sting, right in the face of Ric Flair, laughing at him [*]But Sting was able to thrust Douglas off [*]Rey Mysterio himself put on a dragon sleeper on Diamond Dallas Page [*]But Shane Douglas came to his rescue [*]Goldberg put on a snapping ankle lock on Diamond Dallas Page, but Big Poppa Pump pushed him off [*]Blood was flying everywhere [*]Faces were treated like blocks of cheese on the cheese graters of pizza restaraunts [*]The crowd oohed and aahed at the changes in momentum [*]The referees had a hard time keeping up with it all [*]Around the half hour mark, Vince Russo slipped underneath the door, three sets of hand cuffs [*]Big Poppa Pump got them, and threw one each to DDP and Douglas [*]The two men gained ascendency over their opponents who were battered and bruised [*]And cuffed them to the chain link walls [*]From there they begged the question of surrendour [*]But no man was willing to give in [*]Diamond Dallas Page applied an upside down figure four head on Rey, using the cage for leverage [*]Big Poppa Pump snapped at the ankle of Sting [*]And Goldberg fell prey to Shane Douglas who put on a modified figure four [*]There seemed no way out [*]Ric Flair looked on in horror, pleading for the referee to help [*]But the referees could do nothing [*]Vince Russo laughed [*]All three men looked nearly out [*]Finally the referee went to check on Rey Mysterio Jr... he checked if he was still conscious [*]Arm down once... [*]Arm down twice... [*]Arm down thr... WHAT THE? [*]Tome.... [*]Tome.... [*]Tome.... [*]Tome... [*]Lightning flared up from the ring corners [*]Team Russo nearly cr@pped themselves [*]What did all this mean? [*]TOME.... [*]Smoke filled the ring.... [*]The audience went into a sea of mysty blue [*]When the smoke cleared it revealed... [*]...No... [*]...No... [*]... Get out of town... [*]...This can't be happening... [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/u/undertaker/05.jpg[/IMG] [*]...Th..Th... Th... My God... THE UNDERTAKER!!!! [*]Both Flair and Russo looked on unsure as to what was happening [*]Undertaker walked up to Big Poppa Pump, and rolled his eyes back [*]He then appeared to smile [*]The three members of Team Russo gathered in the centre of the ring to celebrate [*]They were hugging euphorically [*]A bolt of thunder and lightning hit the corners of the ring... [*]All three sets of hand cuffs released!!! [*]SPEAR FROM GOLDBERG!!! on Shane Douglas [*]STINGER SPLASH ON Diamond Dallas Page [*]HURRICANRANA FROM REY on Big Poppa Pump [*]Goldberg put Shane Douglas in an ankle lock... [*]Pain wrenched up his leg [*]He can't take it! [*]He's submitting!!!!!! [*]RIC FLAIR STAYS ALIVE!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Undertaker is here?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Undertaker pulled Rey from the body of Big Poppa Pump [*]He picked up Big Poppa Pump [*]He gave the sign of the father, the son, the holy ghost... [*]He rolled his eyes back.... picked him up.... TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship TLC Match Booker T (c) v "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The second ring sat as an ornament, ordained with ladders, chairs, and tables for the two competitors [*]The match started slowly [*]With both men apprehensive both men circled the ring for over a minute until they finally locked up [*]Chris Kanyon scratched like a cat at the eyes of Booker T [*]And tried to scratch the forrid of Booker T to open up an old wounder [*]But it didn't come [*]The first use of the ornaments came from Booker T, who quickly gathered the ladder and used as a ramming device [*]He tried to set it up in the centre of the ring, but Chris Kanyon hit a low blow from behind [*]Kanyon tried to set it up, but Booker T got up and hit a neckbreaker [*]The match to-ed and fro-ed, as both men used vicious moves, Chris Kanyon used a wide variety of innovative offensive moves, including a death valley driver onto a steel chair on Booker T [*]That opened up the champion [*]Referee Charles Robinson was intent on checking Booker T for blood loss [*]But the champion would have nothing of it, despite the bloodfall from just above his eyes nearly blinding him [*]Booker T some control of his faculties back, and was able to set up a table [*]He gained control with a series of stiff kicks, and laid Chris Kanyon on the table [*]He climbed the ladder half way up, and came down on Chris Kanyon with a flying leg drop shattering the table [*]Both men were down [*]The referee checked for the count [*]1.... [*]2.... [*]3.... [*]4.... [*]5... [*]6... [*]7.... [*]At 8 both men slowly hauled themselves back to their feet [*]Chris Kanyon was also now cut wide open [*]Almost by instinct, Kanyon went and grabbed two more tables [*]Booker T tried to gain his focus, and tried to climb the ladder, but was lethargic in doing so, giving Kanyon time to set up the two tables, one on top of each other [*]It also gave Kanyon enough time to rush over and push the ladder, sending Booker T catapulting into the top rope [*]Kanyon though had to stop to check on his ribs following that leg drop [*]The adrenalin appeared to be running off, and the pain setting in [*]Kanyon set the ladder back up [*]Eventually he got over to the ladder, Booker T also made it back to his feet [*]Both men climbed one side of the ladder each [*]They threw weak, tired punches at each other, but it didn't phase either men [*]They had climbed three quarters the way up... [*]More weak punches to no effect [*]Kanyon reached into his pocket... [*]And threw a punch... [*]that not only connected, but KOed Booker T off the ladder and through the tables... [*]The referee didn't see it, but a quick camera glance revealed brass knucks... [*]He quickly slipped them away... [*]Booker T was out for the count [*]Irrespective, Kanyon barely had the energy to climb [*]Debris began to fill the ring as he got to the top [*]He gave a look to the camera and uttered [*]...Who better dan Kanyon? [*]He grabbed the belt!! [*]KANYON !!! [*]KANYON !!! [*]My god he has won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]Tears began to fill his eyes! [*]Slowly but surely he made his way down... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Kanyon celebrates![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The new WCW World Heavyweight Champion finally made it back to the mat and slumped to the mat [*]Miss Hanc*ck raced into the ring, and hauled him back to his feet [*]He looked delusional and nearly knocked her out not realising ti was her [*]Once he realised it was her, he embraced her... [*]As SuperBrawl Revenge went off the air our last images were of Booker T slowly coming to with tears mixing in with the blood going down his cheek [*]Kanyon holding aloft the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]... And kissing Miss Hanc*ck! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Rating: A Attendence: 23,599 SuperBrawl Revenge pulled 354,630 viewers on Pay-Per-View. World Championship Wrestling's popularity has climbed to 75.7% throughout the United States of America. [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][B][U]Wrestling World In Deathly Shock[/U][/B][/SIZE] By [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] columnist Al Bino The state of professional wrestling is in shock at the moment, with the shocking revelation at SuperBrawl Revenge of one major star, and one rising star defecting from the World Wrestling Federation and Extreme Championship Wrestling respectively to the roster of World Championship Wrestling. [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/The_undertaker_ministry_of_darkness.JPG[/IMG] The Undertaker, 35 about to hit 36, is the most shocking surprise of them all, showing up in the middle of a frenetic War Games match to decide the fate of Vince Russo, eventually favouring "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. It appeared the Undertaker has picked a war with the "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump after hitting the Tombstone Piledriver on the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Despite the increasing sting of internet rumour sites latching onto developing stories, there was no trace of knowledge of Undertaker being available. Indeed, it is not known whether his contract had lapsed, whether he walked out on the World Wrestling Federation, or whether he had a clause invoked in his contract enabling him to go to World Championship Wrestling. The move, irrespective of why or how, is regarded as a major development. The Undertaker was regarded as a key player in the World Wrestling Federation. He came to prominence in the early 1990s playing a virtually unbeatable deadman under the managerial guile of Percy Pringle, repackaged as the devilish Paul Bearer. Since that time, he has arguably been the World Wrestling's most consistent top draw over a long period of time. He has been pushed as unbeatable at Wrestlemania, the largest pay-per-view on the World Wrestling Federation calendar. WCW President John Simpson was unreachable for comment last night, but we will attempt to hunt him all through the night to try and gather more information on this stunning development.[/QUOTE] ...Is the Deadman arriving an ironic play on the title "Death of WCW?";)

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/sbrawl01.jpg[/IMG] WCW Presents: SuperBrawl Revenge Live from the Jou Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan Live on Pay-Per-View Sunday, Week 3, March 2001[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]"The Living Legend" talks about tonight's World Title Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Living Legend, Larry Zbysko spoke from the commentary position about the importance of tonight's main event between "Positively" Chris Kanyon and Booker T, the defending champion [*]He emphasised that it wasn't just about the gold belt [*]He said it was about pride, honour, prestige and lineage [*]He spoke of the honour with which Booker T carried the World Heavyweight Championship [*]And about the cowardly nature of the brilliantly innovative Chris Kanyon [*]He reminded the fans that historically for the first time ever, the World Heavyweight Championship would be defended in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match with the most coveted prize in our sport, hanging above the center of the ring [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"Mean" Gene talks about the Wargames Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Mean" Gene Okerland told the fans and his fellow commentators about the intrigue in tonight's War Games extragavanza [*]He spoke of Team Flair, which consisted of Sting, Goldberg and Rey Mysterio Jr and their ties with history and the value of the fans [*]Versus Team Russo, who wanted to change World Championship Wrestling into a hollywood orientated commercial machine without fear of repurcussion from the existing fan base [*]He ran through the six competitors, Sting, Goldberg, Mysterio Jr v Diamond Dallas Page, Shane Douglas and Big Poppa Pump and their individual skills [*]He said the match could only end once all six men had entered the ring, via submission [*]And he reminded fans that ultimately, the losing captain would have their World Championship Wrestling contract torn up, and to the victor would go ultimate control of World Championship Wrestling [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) v "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A high flying match between two athletic superstars to get SuperBrawl Revenge off in classic WCW style! [*]Skipper was fluent throughout the match, wowing the fans with his smooth moves [*]Daniels was almost cannibal by instinct, ruthless and relentless in his moments of domination over Prime Time [*]Prime Time went for a spinning heel kick, but was caught by Daniels, who then moved quickly to hit the Angels Wings!!!! 1...2....3!!! The gospel according to the Fallen Angel carries on with the Cruiserweight Championship! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]Foley on the prowl[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras roll backstage, where Mick Foley is pushing open doors trying to find someone [*]"Where is he?" [*]"He was supposed to be here tonight" [*]Foley keeps pushing [*]He keeps prowling [*]He doesn't look happy [*]Until he opens the last door down the hall-way [*]... "Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner is already taking a beaten, we can't see who the man is, but there is blood already smeared over Steiner's head [*]Foley calls for a referee, and Nick Patrick just happens to be walking along [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The first member of Hardcore Evolution is revealed![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The cameras switch to a short, stocky athlete who is in a hooded garment [*]Steiner is howling, struggling [*]Foley requests for the man to reveal himself.... [*]...... [*]..... [*]RHINO!!!!!!!!! [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rhyno/02.jpg[/IMG] [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner (c) Rhino[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The brutality carries on [*]Blood is dripping, and Rhino is laughing [*]Rick Steiner mounts a comeback, throwing lefts, rights, lefts [*]Foley chants on "Take it to the Hardcore Evolution" [*]Rhino laughs off the attack and irish whips Rick Steiner with such velocity that he crashes through the closed door! [*]Rhino carries on, but is hit with a low blow by Steiner [*]Steiner finds a trash can and sets it up on the head of Rhino [*]Steiner goes to the top of a trash compactor.... [*]Flying leg drop onto the trash can!!! [*]Cover...1....2...thr... KICK OUT!!! [*]Steiner looks shocked [*]He grabs Rhino into a side head lock [*]But Rhino merely laughs and asks "Is that all you've got?" [*]Rhino elbows his way out, and hurls Steiner into the brick wall [*]Steiner goes down [*]Rhino goes into the trash compactor and finds a pane of glass!!!! [*]He sets it up against the trash compactor [*]He grabs Steiner again and hurls him into the glass smashing it in half!!!! [*]Blood is going everywhere [*]Rhino puts him back on his feet, but Steiner is groggy [*]He walks back.... [*]....he's coming... [*]GORE!!! GORE!!! GORE!!!! Cover..1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The Sultan of Swing" catches up with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, WCW Television Champion "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera catches up with Booker T in Booker T's dressing room [*]Booker T is in a silent, reflective mood, holding and staring at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in his waist [*]Juventud tells Booker that he is confident that he'll beat Kanyon and defend the belt's honour [*]Booker T does not move [*]A solemn tear runs down the cheek of Booker T as Juventud walks out of the dressing room after getting no response [*]...'I hope so playa, I hope so' he whispers [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kevin Nash looks decidely angry given the recent altercations he's had with Chavo Guerrero Jr [*]And he uses his extreme power to good effect early to punish Chavo [*]Chavo tries to use various heel tactics, rolling out of the ring, catching his breath, even trying to escape to the back, but Nash hauls him back [*]Once back in the ring, Chavo hiead butts Nash on the apron, using his tactical advantage [*]Chavo runs to the opposite side with Nash having dropped to the floor on his feet.... ASAI MOONSAULT!!! [*]Both men are down and gasping [*]Chavo rolls Nash back into the ring [*]He goes for the cover...1...2.... kick out [*]Btoh men take their time getting back to their feet [*]Nash fires Chavo off into the ropes [*]He goes for a clothesilne but Chavo ducks [*]On the return he goes for a big boot but Chavo ducks [*]And again Chavo catapults but he slides under the legs of Kevin Nash... LOW BLOW!!! [*]Big Dawg knocked down a peg or two there... [*]Chavo races to the turnbuckle... TORNADO DDT!!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the ring to a tremendous ovation [*]He told fans that it dawned him today that tonight might be the very last night that he is associated with WCW [*]And perhaps even professional wrestling altogether [*]Tears begin to well up in his eyes [*]He says he wants fans to know that every god damn second of his time with this company he's given his all [*]He reminded fans that if Team Flair won, tradition and honour would be maintained [*]He said he was priveledged leading men like Goldberg tonight, and that he had confidence in his team [*]Diamonds are Forever...WOOO!!! And so is WCW's integrity! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Backstage Rally[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Big Poppa Pump, Diamond Dallas Page, and Shane Douglas sat in Vince Russo's office [*]Russo told them that tonight would be an historic night [*]He told them that they needed to make sure that blood sucking parasite Flair was gone for good [*]He told them that Flair had held each and every one of them back [*]He said Flair had no time for any of them, and if they were to lose tonight, not only would his career be over, but they could all kiss goodbye their title aspirations [*]He said WCW needed a kick up the a$$, a change, a new feel, and he was the man to deliver it [*]He said he saw all three men as cornerstones of this company, and that the fans didn't mean squat when all was said and done [*]He said from day one old dinosaurs like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair have hindered this company and any of their good work 50 years ago had been undone by their politics [*]He pleaded with his men to take care of his business [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]WCW World Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe v "Above Average" Mike Sanders v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Four completely different wrestlers in a chaotic fatal four way for the World Television Championship [*]Juventud Guerrera the master of high flyer lucha libre style [*]Samoa Joe, a powerful beast with a strong reproitoire of crippling moves [*]Jerry Lynn, arguably the greatest mat technician in action today [*]And Mike Sanders, a c0cky sonbiatch who knew how to use the rules and deception to his advantage [*]All four men with great futures in World Championship Wrestling [*]All four men incorporated their different styles [*]And all four men gained some semblence of advantage throughout the match and ultimately there were opportunities for all to win [*]Samoa Joe put Mike Sanders into a rear naked choke, but Jerry Lynn prized off Samoa Joe [*]Jerry Lynn hit his cradle piledriver on the much bigger Samoa Joe, but Mike Sanders was able to pull Lynn off as he made the cover [*]Sanders hit the 3.0 on Lynn, but was unable to complete the cover because of a 450 splash on the covered duo!!! Juvi with the cover...1...2...3! Juvi retains! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]It's Vader Time![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Vader was walking backstage to the ring [*]Complete with his misting head piece on [*]Pamela Paulshock tried to stop him to grab a pre match comment [*]The myst merely steamed out in her face, and he stormed off, ready to face Jeff Jarrett [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Vader v "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Straight away the sizable beast took to Jarrett pounding him with a series of savage ax chop blows [*]Jarrett sold it perfectly, begging off for mercy [*]Vader showed no mercy, and kept kicking Jarrett while on the ground [*]Jarrett was able to roll out of the ring and try and gain some control [*]However unbeknowns, he backed into the mysting head piece which scared him back into the apron [*]This gave Vader the opportunity to pull him up and over the top rope [*]Vader rolled Jarrett underneath the corner turnbuckle, and proceeded to climb the ropes, facing the audience... [*]BANZAI DROP!!! But Jarrett rolled out of the way [*]Jarrett was able to put on a painful looking crossface submission [*]Vader would not submit [*]He kept on trying to wriggle clear but Jarrett's body positioning was exlempary [*]But Vader kept trying, he tried flinging Jarrett off, but Jarrett hung on for dear life [*]The wriggling eventually stopped [*]Referee Mickey Jay checked on Vader... [*]No response... [*]He checked again... [*]No response... [*]He checked again... [*]No response... [*]Jarrett springs a massive upset!!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Torrie chooses the Canadian outfit...[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, while in a towel, Torrie Wilson decided to wear the Canadian bra and panties set [*]... Although she didn't have much choice, given the American one was smeared with vaseline by Lance Storm! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]For the Honour of Torrie Wilson Lance Storm v Johnny the Bull[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Torrie Wilson looked petrified as both men took a pounding [*]Johnny the Bull and Lance Storm seemed preoccupied with the Boise beauty [*]But even that could not stop a severe lashing for both competitors [*]And why not, with one of the most gorgeous women in the world at ringside [*]Her honour being vyed for by two young men with adrenalin and tradition charges [*]One a native Canadian, the other an Italian descent from Brooklyn [*]Johnny the Bull went for a neckbreaker, but Storm pushed out [*]Storm rushed into the ropes and returned with a well executed high cross body [*]He attempted to put on the Canadian Maple Leaf! [*]Johnny tried to stop it [*]But he couldn't... it was slapped on [*]Johnny the Bull shook his head and screamed in horror as Torrie watched on in his face [*]But eventually, he couldn't take it anymore and submitted! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Lance pulls Torrie into the ring...[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Following the match, Lance Storm beckoned Torrie into the ring [*]She looked apprehensive given the serious wrestling nature of Lance Storm [*]He beckoned her closer [*]He had an emotionless face on him, with the furrowed brow [*]She looked a bit apprehehensive still [*]In a flash, Storm leant forward and kissed Torrie Wilson! [*]... With passion [*]... No serious for a moments here [*]Barely a dry eye in the house [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/torriewilson/06.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/l/lancestorm/41.jpg[/IMG] [*]Torrie Wilson and Lance Storm - on cloud nine? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship The Filthy Animals (Kidman and "K-Dawg" Konnan) (c) v The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfectshawn" Shawn Stasiak)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The tag team champions against the men they took the belts off [*]The two best teams in WCW [*]And to WCW marks one eyed as they may be, to them that means in the world [*]And these four men did that one eyed pride a lot of honour in this match with a well constructed match [*]A very bitter and intense feeling to the match [*]Total contrasts [*]Yet fluid integration [*]Eventually, Kidman went for a shooting star splash on Stasiak [*]But Palumbo sensed the danger and came into the ring to catch him in mid flight... CHUCK DELUXE! [*]Konnan kept in but he was thrown over the top rope...cover...1...2....3! [*]How did the referee not realise Palumbo was not the legal man?!!! [*]... Oh no, perhaps this means... No, it couldn't mean, Erik Watts or some other nuff nuff is booking again? [*]Or is the referee just short of a gallop? [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Booker T/Kanyon video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played again showing the intense rivalry building up tonight's battle [*]The tables, the ladders, and chairs were shown from various hardcore matches depicting how they can used as leverage builders for some intense moves [*]And a flashback to Booker T gaining the title for the first time, and what the title has meant to him [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW United States Championship Sean O'Haire (c) v "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two powerful men arguably at diversely different points in their careers [*]Some have suggested Vicious is past it [*]Others have suggested O'Haire is the new face of professional wrestling [*]And those views were largely played out, as Sean O'Haire dominated proceedings to hit the Seanton Bomb for the cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Video Preview of War Games[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video was played showing the history of WarGames [*]Some of the great moments [*]The sheer mayhem [*]The carnage possible [*]It showed the bitter rivalry between the two factions [*]And how important it was for either group to win due to the possibilities career wise for Russo and Flair [*]They promoted the differences in beliefs between Flair and Russo [*]And the video then ran through the six competitors, and their strengths [*]Big Poppa Pump's power and intensity [*]Diamond Dallas Page's tactical nouse [*]Shane Douglas' underhand tricks [*]Goldberg's pure power and adrenalin [*]Sting's experience and skill [*]And Rey's ability to fly across a ring [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW WarGames 2006 For the Power of WCW "Team Flair" - Goldberg, Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v "Team Russo" - "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Well here it is [*]The archaic torture of War Games [*]Two rings [*]And a hell of a lot of unforgiving steel surrounding them [*]No way-out [*]The order of entrances were as follows [*]Firstly, Rey Mysterio Jr v Diamond Dallas Page [*]Next in, Shane Douglas [*]Next in, Goldberg [*]Next in Big Poppa Pump [*]And lastly, Sting, who entered via the rafters [*]Team Russo dominated for large periods of the bout [*]And there were wrestlers giving it their all not to surrendour to submission [*]The first major opportunity came when Big Poppa Pump slapped on the Steiner Recliner on Rey Mysterio Jr [*]But the little man bravely fought it out, until Goldberg was able to break free of a brawl on the opposite side of the cage set up to help Rey out [*]The next opportunity came when Shane Douglas put on a modified figure four on Sting, right in the face of Ric Flair, laughing at him [*]But Sting was able to thrust Douglas off [*]Rey Mysterio himself put on a dragon sleeper on Diamond Dallas Page [*]But Shane Douglas came to his rescue [*]Goldberg put on a snapping ankle lock on Diamond Dallas Page, but Big Poppa Pump pushed him off [*]Blood was flying everywhere [*]Faces were treated like blocks of cheese on the cheese graters of pizza restaraunts [*]The crowd oohed and aahed at the changes in momentum [*]The referees had a hard time keeping up with it all [*]Around the half hour mark, Vince Russo slipped underneath the door, three sets of hand cuffs [*]Big Poppa Pump got them, and threw one each to DDP and Douglas [*]The two men gained ascendency over their opponents who were battered and bruised [*]And cuffed them to the chain link walls [*]From there they begged the question of surrendour [*]But no man was willing to give in [*]Diamond Dallas Page applied an upside down figure four head on Rey, using the cage for leverage [*]Big Poppa Pump snapped at the ankle of Sting [*]And Goldberg fell prey to Shane Douglas who put on a modified figure four [*]There seemed no way out [*]Ric Flair looked on in horror, pleading for the referee to help [*]But the referees could do nothing [*]Vince Russo laughed [*]All three men looked nearly out [*]Finally the referee went to check on Rey Mysterio Jr... he checked if he was still conscious [*]Arm down once... [*]Arm down twice... [*]Arm down thr... WHAT THE? [*]Tome.... [*]Tome.... [*]Tome.... [*]Tome... [*]Lightning flared up from the ring corners [*]Team Russo nearly cr@pped themselves [*]What did all this mean? [*]TOME.... [*]Smoke filled the ring.... [*]The audience went into a sea of mysty blue [*]When the smoke cleared it revealed... [*]...No... [*]...No... [*]... Get out of town... [*]...This can't be happening... [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/u/undertaker/05.jpg[/IMG] [*]...Th..Th... Th... My God... THE UNDERTAKER!!!! [*]Both Flair and Russo looked on unsure as to what was happening [*]Undertaker walked up to Big Poppa Pump, and rolled his eyes back [*]He then appeared to smile [*]The three members of Team Russo gathered in the centre of the ring to celebrate [*]They were hugging euphorically [*]A bolt of thunder and lightning hit the corners of the ring... [*]All three sets of hand cuffs released!!! [*]SPEAR FROM GOLDBERG!!! on Shane Douglas [*]STINGER SPLASH ON Diamond Dallas Page [*]HURRICANRANA FROM REY on Big Poppa Pump [*]Goldberg put Shane Douglas in an ankle lock... [*]Pain wrenched up his leg [*]He can't take it! [*]He's submitting!!!!!! [*]RIC FLAIR STAYS ALIVE!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Undertaker is here?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Undertaker pulled Rey from the body of Big Poppa Pump [*]He picked up Big Poppa Pump [*]He gave the sign of the father, the son, the holy ghost... [*]He rolled his eyes back.... picked him up.... TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship TLC Match Booker T (c) v "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The second ring sat as an ornament, ordained with ladders, chairs, and tables for the two competitors [*]The match started slowly [*]With both men apprehensive both men circled the ring for over a minute until they finally locked up [*]Chris Kanyon scratched like a cat at the eyes of Booker T [*]And tried to scratch the forrid of Booker T to open up an old wounder [*]But it didn't come [*]The first use of the ornaments came from Booker T, who quickly gathered the ladder and used as a ramming device [*]He tried to set it up in the centre of the ring, but Chris Kanyon hit a low blow from behind [*]Kanyon tried to set it up, but Booker T got up and hit a neckbreaker [*]The match to-ed and fro-ed, as both men used vicious moves, Chris Kanyon used a wide variety of innovative offensive moves, including a death valley driver onto a steel chair on Booker T [*]That opened up the champion [*]Referee Charles Robinson was intent on checking Booker T for blood loss [*]But the champion would have nothing of it, despite the bloodfall from just above his eyes nearly blinding him [*]Booker T some control of his faculties back, and was able to set up a table [*]He gained control with a series of stiff kicks, and laid Chris Kanyon on the table [*]He climbed the ladder half way up, and came down on Chris Kanyon with a flying leg drop shattering the table [*]Both men were down [*]The referee checked for the count [*]1.... [*]2.... [*]3.... [*]4.... [*]5... [*]6... [*]7.... [*]At 8 both men slowly hauled themselves back to their feet [*]Chris Kanyon was also now cut wide open [*]Almost by instinct, Kanyon went and grabbed two more tables [*]Booker T tried to gain his focus, and tried to climb the ladder, but was lethargic in doing so, giving Kanyon time to set up the two tables, one on top of each other [*]It also gave Kanyon enough time to rush over and push the ladder, sending Booker T catapulting into the top rope [*]Kanyon though had to stop to check on his ribs following that leg drop [*]The adrenalin appeared to be running off, and the pain setting in [*]Kanyon set the ladder back up [*]Eventually he got over to the ladder, Booker T also made it back to his feet [*]Both men climbed one side of the ladder each [*]They threw weak, tired punches at each other, but it didn't phase either men [*]They had climbed three quarters the way up... [*]More weak punches to no effect [*]Kanyon reached into his pocket... [*]And threw a punch... [*]that not only connected, but KOed Booker T off the ladder and through the tables... [*]The referee didn't see it, but a quick camera glance revealed brass knucks... [*]He quickly slipped them away... [*]Booker T was out for the count [*]Irrespective, Kanyon barely had the energy to climb [*]Debris began to fill the ring as he got to the top [*]He gave a look to the camera and uttered [*]...Who better dan Kanyon? [*]He grabbed the belt!! [*]KANYON !!! [*]KANYON !!! [*]My god he has won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]Tears began to fill his eyes! [*]Slowly but surely he made his way down... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Kanyon celebrates![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The new WCW World Heavyweight Champion finally made it back to the mat and slumped to the mat [*]Miss Hanc*ck raced into the ring, and hauled him back to his feet [*]He looked delusional and nearly knocked her out not realising ti was her [*]Once he realised it was her, he embraced her... [*]As SuperBrawl Revenge went off the air our last images were of Booker T slowly coming to with tears mixing in with the blood going down his cheek [*]Kanyon holding aloft the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]... And kissing Miss Hanc*ck! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Rating: A Attendence: 23,599 SuperBrawl Revenge pulled 354,630 viewers on Pay-Per-View. World Championship Wrestling's popularity has climbed to 75.7% throughout the United States of America. [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][B][U]Wrestling World In Deathly Shock[/U][/B][/SIZE] By [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] columnist Al Bino The state of professional wrestling is in shock at the moment, with the shocking revelation at SuperBrawl Revenge of one major star, and one rising star defecting from the World Wrestling Federation and Extreme Championship Wrestling respectively to the roster of World Championship Wrestling. [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/The_undertaker_ministry_of_darkness.JPG[/IMG] The Undertaker, 35 about to hit 36, is the most shocking surprise of them all, showing up in the middle of a frenetic War Games match to decide the fate of Vince Russo, eventually favouring "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. It appeared the Undertaker has picked a war with the "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump after hitting the Tombstone Piledriver on the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Despite the increasing sting of internet rumour sites latching onto developing stories, there was no trace of knowledge of Undertaker being available. Indeed, it is not known whether his contract had lapsed, whether he walked out on the World Wrestling Federation, or whether he had a clause invoked in his contract enabling him to go to World Championship Wrestling. The move, irrespective of why or how, is regarded as a major development. The Undertaker was regarded as a key player in the World Wrestling Federation. He came to prominence in the early 1990s playing a virtually unbeatable deadman under the managerial guile of Percy Pringle, repackaged as the devilish Paul Bearer. Since that time, he has arguably been the World Wrestling's most consistent top draw over a long period of time. He has been pushed as unbeatable at Wrestlemania, the largest pay-per-view on the World Wrestling Federation calendar. WCW President John Simpson was unreachable for comment last night, but we will attempt to hunt him all through the night to try and gather more information on this stunning development.[/QUOTE] ...Is the Deadman arriving an ironic play on the title "Death of WCW?";)

[QUOTE=keefmoon;146765]Bloody hell. Just... bloody hell. Great show. But the Underfreakingtaker?! How did you get him to sign? How did he become available?[/QUOTE] I had him on my shortlist; low and behold, the WWF let his contract lapse. So when he left, I went ching ching, ching ching. I will do a more sorbid backstory though to sound better than Vinnie Mac let one of his old pals jump ship with no qualms :) [QUOTE=Mackem;146787]ahha! take that all you doubters, I knew Kanyon would do it. Would The Undertaker be allowed to take his WWF gimmick into the WCW?[/QUOTE] I had a serious thought about the second part of your post. I'm not sure who owns the Undertaker gimmick as such; the likes of Ultimate Warrior were savvy enough to copyright their likenesses etc. I have a feeling that most stars around that time would have done the same given there were options available and it'd be near career suicide for most to give up their gimmicks. I'm real happy for Kanyon, he's one of my all time favourites. I feel sorry for hitting the hard time blues as we speak, but man, he was a massively underutilised wrestler of some real quality. [QUOTE=Duffman;146802]Great show. What happened to "From The Memoirs Of John Simpson" section of your writing[/QUOTE] It'll be back; I've been snowed under with uni. I'll put one together for the Undertaker coup. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;146937]musy've been hard. oy taker? he's a vince loyalist! nice catch man[/QUOTE] Surprirsingly - it wasn't that hard. Got him on the second offer after giving him travel allowances etc. I wonder whether that'd happen in real life, but then again, I go back to Stallion's thoughts of who woulda thought of the nWo hugging in a WWF ring, or Ric Flair rocking up to the World Wrestling Federation with his world title from WCW. Wrestling is full of surprises, and I think almost loyalty is only greenback deep in wrestling. Surprises in wrestling aren't seen often enough these days because of internet leaks and the like, and the lack of any real competition, but those nuasances can be taken care of in TEW :)

[QUOTE=keefmoon;146765]Bloody hell. Just... bloody hell. Great show. But the Underfreakingtaker?! How did you get him to sign? How did he become available?[/QUOTE] I had him on my shortlist; low and behold, the WWF let his contract lapse. So when he left, I went ching ching, ching ching. I will do a more sorbid backstory though to sound better than Vinnie Mac let one of his old pals jump ship with no qualms :) [QUOTE=Mackem;146787]ahha! take that all you doubters, I knew Kanyon would do it. Would The Undertaker be allowed to take his WWF gimmick into the WCW?[/QUOTE] I had a serious thought about the second part of your post. I'm not sure who owns the Undertaker gimmick as such; the likes of Ultimate Warrior were savvy enough to copyright their likenesses etc. I have a feeling that most stars around that time would have done the same given there were options available and it'd be near career suicide for most to give up their gimmicks. I'm real happy for Kanyon, he's one of my all time favourites. I feel sorry for hitting the hard time blues as we speak, but man, he was a massively underutilised wrestler of some real quality. [QUOTE=Duffman;146802]Great show. What happened to "From The Memoirs Of John Simpson" section of your writing[/QUOTE] It'll be back; I've been snowed under with uni. I'll put one together for the Undertaker coup. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;146937]musy've been hard. oy taker? he's a vince loyalist! nice catch man[/QUOTE] Surprirsingly - it wasn't that hard. Got him on the second offer after giving him travel allowances etc. I wonder whether that'd happen in real life, but then again, I go back to Stallion's thoughts of who woulda thought of the nWo hugging in a WWF ring, or Ric Flair rocking up to the World Wrestling Federation with his world title from WCW. Wrestling is full of surprises, and I think almost loyalty is only greenback deep in wrestling. Surprises in wrestling aren't seen often enough these days because of internet leaks and the like, and the lack of any real competition, but those nuasances can be taken care of in TEW :)

Archived