The Death of WCW?

never liked the undertaker? you gottta be kidding me. you can't deny the mystique of the character ma man. there's no way. and the creativity of the angles they do with him? he may look too cartoonish to you but do you honestly think you can reproduce that kind of gimmick. I think not. on a lighter note: I loved the show man, teaming two of the monst mysteriouse individuals in wrestling is GENIUS!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... [QUOTE][U][B][SIZE="4"]From the Memoirs of John Simpson[/SIZE][/B][/U] Things were really starting to look up for World Championship Wrestling. We had signed one of the biggest wrestling attractions of all time in the Undertaker straight out from under the feet of our competitors, we had signed arguably the greatest hardcore wrestler of all time in Mick Foley in a mentor capacity, again right from under the feet out of the World Wrestling Federation, we had staged a well crafted SuperBrawl Revenge whereby we managed to ensure we retained "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, arguably the greatest wrestler of all time, and we had just snatched the Monday Night Ratings by the scruff of the neck for the first time since October 1998. We were beginning to get on a roll. Our worldwide popularity was increasing all the time thanks to the worldwide exposure of Fire and Glycerine on the CBS and NBC networks. Aside from the draining, long hours involved in managing this organisation, life was particularly good. I often felt sorry for my wife who did not get to see as much of me as she should. The decisions she would make later in life were tragic for me mentally, but ultimately, I knew when I signed the contract with World Championship Wrestling that if I had any modium of success there would be personal sacrifices made. I had no idea down the track of how consequential those sacrifices were going to be. She always though pushed me to live my dream, and she knew that helping to guide World Championship Wrestling back to the top was my dream. It was a dream I had had for many years, but I never realistically expected it to happen, let alone to get an opportunity to attempt to do it. I had been around the professional wrestling scene for many, many years. I had watched from the safety of the audience some great wrestlers in their prime. I had done odd jobs here and there for various territorial promotions that exposed me further to the ins and outs of professional wrestling. The names rolled off the tongue of the men I had personally either seen or been star struck by when assisting with various small time jobs; The Von Erichs in WCCW, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Sgt. Slaughter, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in the Mid Atlantic, Harley Race and Bruiser Brody through St Louis, Andy Kaufman and Jerry "The King" Lawler through Memphis, working with Ted Di Biasi, Junkyard Dog and the like through the Mid South, spending a bit of time up north seeing Nick Bockwinkle, Larry "The Ax" Hennig, Dick the Bruiser, the Road Warriors, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, and even up into Calgary where I got to see the emergence of a young wrestling tragic family, the Hart family. I barely had a shirt on my back in those days as I went from town to town, from job to job, merely to live out my intense love of professional wrestling. I sat back in my makeshift office immediately following Fire, as some 9,700 fans rolled out of the Freeman Coliseum. [I][CENTER]"Awesome" "I can't believe how good that was" "It's even better live" "I can't believe this has turned around" "The Undertaker and Sting are magic" "Rey Mysterio Jr is inspirational" "I can't wait to see Booker T get revenge on Kanyon" "I hope they come back soon"[/CENTER][/I] They were just a myriad of the comments I heard as the crowd rolled out of the arena, oblivious to the fact I was in an office directly by one of the exit points. But, that suited me down to the ground. John Simpson was not the star of this operation. I was merely the man who set up the chess board, and gave the athletes the opportunity to move their pieces around. I breathed a sigh of relief, hoping they all enjoyed Fire as much as I did. We took a risk in putting the tag team championships on Samoa Joe and Jerry Lynn, which perhaps in hindsight did not quite work as their chemistry was surprisingly seriously lacking; we had a blood curdling hardcore match with Rhino defeating Rob Van Dam; and we had Steve Corino cost Lance Storm the Television Championship. No matter which way you put it, in my eyes, those guys were the stars. They were the new Chris Benoit's, the new Eddy Guerrero's, the new Chris Jericho's, the new Dean Malenko's, the new Raven's, the new Giant's; thou shalt not make the same mistake twice. When their time is right, as it is right now for Chris Kanyon, stars will be made of them all. I started packing up the various pieces of paper I had strewn across a desk, placing them into a suitcase. There on my desk was my mobile phone, it had a message on it. Through the mayhem of Fire, the loud noise, and the sheer concentration on watching every scientific and comedic moment to try and pick up hints to better place the product in the future, I had missed a call. I dialled in my voicemail password. [I][CENTER]"Some would say it was a good show," the voice uttered.[/CENTER][/I] The voice sounded familiar. But I couldn't quite put a finger on it. [I][CENTER]"Some would say WCW overcame it's demons this week."[/CENTER][/I] And in that flash of an eye, my heart skipped a few beats. I was sure the calls I had received earlier were either a hoax, or maybe they were from the Undertaker as some sort of mechanism to alert me that a mysterious force was available to be ransacked into World Championship Wrestling. [CENTER][I]"Did you see the look on the Steiner's faces?"[/I][/CENTER] He let out an evil laugh before barely controlling himself to carry on. [I][CENTER]"That look will look like child's play, when I eventually get there to ruin your.... dream. Revenge. Painful, merciless revenge. Savage, painful, merciless revenge. I'm still coming to ruin your WCW dream. To show you the true forces of the world that you don't know. To shatter your illusions of bright lights and big cities and fame and fortune. I told you before, I'd never forget how you broke your promise. But you have? Haven't you, John Simpson? Soon, the memories will come flooding back... this much, I promise."[/CENTER][/I] [B]Beep...Beep...Beep. End of final message.[/B] Sweat began to run down my furrowed brow. What did all this mean? [I][CENTER]"WOOO!!! Well well well, if it's not the man himself, Johnny Simpson. WOOO!!"[/CENTER][/I] "Nature Boy" Ric Flair entered the room and took a seat opposite from me. [CENTER][I]"My gawd, what a nigh... John? John?"[/I][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][U][B][SIZE="4"]From the Memoirs of John Simpson[/SIZE][/B][/U] Things were really starting to look up for World Championship Wrestling. We had signed one of the biggest wrestling attractions of all time in the Undertaker straight out from under the feet of our competitors, we had signed arguably the greatest hardcore wrestler of all time in Mick Foley in a mentor capacity, again right from under the feet out of the World Wrestling Federation, we had staged a well crafted SuperBrawl Revenge whereby we managed to ensure we retained "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, arguably the greatest wrestler of all time, and we had just snatched the Monday Night Ratings by the scruff of the neck for the first time since October 1998. We were beginning to get on a roll. Our worldwide popularity was increasing all the time thanks to the worldwide exposure of Fire and Glycerine on the CBS and NBC networks. Aside from the draining, long hours involved in managing this organisation, life was particularly good. I often felt sorry for my wife who did not get to see as much of me as she should. The decisions she would make later in life were tragic for me mentally, but ultimately, I knew when I signed the contract with World Championship Wrestling that if I had any modium of success there would be personal sacrifices made. I had no idea down the track of how consequential those sacrifices were going to be. She always though pushed me to live my dream, and she knew that helping to guide World Championship Wrestling back to the top was my dream. It was a dream I had had for many years, but I never realistically expected it to happen, let alone to get an opportunity to attempt to do it. I had been around the professional wrestling scene for many, many years. I had watched from the safety of the audience some great wrestlers in their prime. I had done odd jobs here and there for various territorial promotions that exposed me further to the ins and outs of professional wrestling. The names rolled off the tongue of the men I had personally either seen or been star struck by when assisting with various small time jobs; The Von Erichs in WCCW, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Sgt. Slaughter, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in the Mid Atlantic, Harley Race and Bruiser Brody through St Louis, Andy Kaufman and Jerry "The King" Lawler through Memphis, working with Ted Di Biasi, Junkyard Dog and the like through the Mid South, spending a bit of time up north seeing Nick Bockwinkle, Larry "The Ax" Hennig, Dick the Bruiser, the Road Warriors, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, and even up into Calgary where I got to see the emergence of a young wrestling tragic family, the Hart family. I barely had a shirt on my back in those days as I went from town to town, from job to job, merely to live out my intense love of professional wrestling. I sat back in my makeshift office immediately following Fire, as some 9,700 fans rolled out of the Freeman Coliseum. [I][CENTER]"Awesome" "I can't believe how good that was" "It's even better live" "I can't believe this has turned around" "The Undertaker and Sting are magic" "Rey Mysterio Jr is inspirational" "I can't wait to see Booker T get revenge on Kanyon" "I hope they come back soon"[/CENTER][/I] They were just a myriad of the comments I heard as the crowd rolled out of the arena, oblivious to the fact I was in an office directly by one of the exit points. But, that suited me down to the ground. John Simpson was not the star of this operation. I was merely the man who set up the chess board, and gave the athletes the opportunity to move their pieces around. I breathed a sigh of relief, hoping they all enjoyed Fire as much as I did. We took a risk in putting the tag team championships on Samoa Joe and Jerry Lynn, which perhaps in hindsight did not quite work as their chemistry was surprisingly seriously lacking; we had a blood curdling hardcore match with Rhino defeating Rob Van Dam; and we had Steve Corino cost Lance Storm the Television Championship. No matter which way you put it, in my eyes, those guys were the stars. They were the new Chris Benoit's, the new Eddy Guerrero's, the new Chris Jericho's, the new Dean Malenko's, the new Raven's, the new Giant's; thou shalt not make the same mistake twice. When their time is right, as it is right now for Chris Kanyon, stars will be made of them all. I started packing up the various pieces of paper I had strewn across a desk, placing them into a suitcase. There on my desk was my mobile phone, it had a message on it. Through the mayhem of Fire, the loud noise, and the sheer concentration on watching every scientific and comedic moment to try and pick up hints to better place the product in the future, I had missed a call. I dialled in my voicemail password. [I][CENTER]"Some would say it was a good show," the voice uttered.[/CENTER][/I] The voice sounded familiar. But I couldn't quite put a finger on it. [I][CENTER]"Some would say WCW overcame it's demons this week."[/CENTER][/I] And in that flash of an eye, my heart skipped a few beats. I was sure the calls I had received earlier were either a hoax, or maybe they were from the Undertaker as some sort of mechanism to alert me that a mysterious force was available to be ransacked into World Championship Wrestling. [CENTER][I]"Did you see the look on the Steiner's faces?"[/I][/CENTER] He let out an evil laugh before barely controlling himself to carry on. [I][CENTER]"That look will look like child's play, when I eventually get there to ruin your.... dream. Revenge. Painful, merciless revenge. Savage, painful, merciless revenge. I'm still coming to ruin your WCW dream. To show you the true forces of the world that you don't know. To shatter your illusions of bright lights and big cities and fame and fortune. I told you before, I'd never forget how you broke your promise. But you have? Haven't you, John Simpson? Soon, the memories will come flooding back... this much, I promise."[/CENTER][/I] [B]Beep...Beep...Beep. End of final message.[/B] Sweat began to run down my furrowed brow. What did all this mean? [I][CENTER]"WOOO!!! Well well well, if it's not the man himself, Johnny Simpson. WOOO!!"[/CENTER][/I] "Nature Boy" Ric Flair entered the room and took a seat opposite from me. [CENTER][I]"My gawd, what a nigh... John? John?"[/I][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=keefmoon;147761]no disrespect to anyone, but this is by far my favourite dynasty. top stuff. its brilliant to see wcw back on top and goes to show that if it had been run a little better at the turn of the century maybe it wasnt as terminally ill as it seemed to be. i love the way its being run at the moment, and i think that while the big name main eventers are doing well, if it wasnt for the vanilla midgets making the under card great as well i dont think it would be as successful. just think, if the real wcw had noticed that around 98 then just think of the guys who would be on top now... jericho, guerrero, benoit, et al. im doing a wcw game at the moment, have you got any tips tristram?[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :) I totally agree with what you're saying about the undercard. My ultimate dream is to have the likes of Mysterio, Kanyon, Storm, Guerrera, Chris Daniels and the likes ultimately receive the recognition they never really did in WCW. It'll take time to build them up and get them over, but hopefully one day we can sit back with all of these guys holding gold and being massively over. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;147893]Honestly, I never liked the Undertaker. I think he is pretty lame and gets by on a cartoonish gimmick. But team him with Sting? Now we are talking my language![/QUOTE] 'Taker was always one of my favourite WWF gimmicks. Even now, when he comes to the ring, just that presence, that murky presence, I love it. I actually think he's one character the WWF has fairly well got right all the way along. Sting is alongside Bret Hart and Ric Flair my favourite all time wrestler. My favourite memories growing up was watching Sting take down the nWo. Despite the fact he was so hideously used post the point of coming to the ring at Starrcade '97 (yes, even the match was brutally badly booked with mind boggling politics taking away from his moment), he's still a legend who as was once said I think about Dusty Rhodes, he could have a five star match with a broom. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;147912]never liked the undertaker? you gottta be kidding me. you can't deny the mystique of the character ma man. there's no way. and the creativity of the angles they do with him? he may look too cartoonish to you but do you honestly think you can reproduce that kind of gimmick. I think not. on a lighter note: I loved the show man, teaming two of the monst mysteriouse individuals in wrestling is GENIUS![/QUOTE] I thought teaming them two together was fairly obvious to be honest. It'd be like fueding Sting and Bret Hart in a good long extended series like WCW did over the WCW Title bac.. hmmmm, what is wrong with you Bischoff? And you Russo? Obvious basic things!!! ARGHHHH!!! Thanks all for your posts - hope you're all still enjoying "Death of WCW?"

[QUOTE=keefmoon;147761]no disrespect to anyone, but this is by far my favourite dynasty. top stuff. its brilliant to see wcw back on top and goes to show that if it had been run a little better at the turn of the century maybe it wasnt as terminally ill as it seemed to be. i love the way its being run at the moment, and i think that while the big name main eventers are doing well, if it wasnt for the vanilla midgets making the under card great as well i dont think it would be as successful. just think, if the real wcw had noticed that around 98 then just think of the guys who would be on top now... jericho, guerrero, benoit, et al. im doing a wcw game at the moment, have you got any tips tristram?[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :) I totally agree with what you're saying about the undercard. My ultimate dream is to have the likes of Mysterio, Kanyon, Storm, Guerrera, Chris Daniels and the likes ultimately receive the recognition they never really did in WCW. It'll take time to build them up and get them over, but hopefully one day we can sit back with all of these guys holding gold and being massively over. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;147893]Honestly, I never liked the Undertaker. I think he is pretty lame and gets by on a cartoonish gimmick. But team him with Sting? Now we are talking my language![/QUOTE] 'Taker was always one of my favourite WWF gimmicks. Even now, when he comes to the ring, just that presence, that murky presence, I love it. I actually think he's one character the WWF has fairly well got right all the way along. Sting is alongside Bret Hart and Ric Flair my favourite all time wrestler. My favourite memories growing up was watching Sting take down the nWo. Despite the fact he was so hideously used post the point of coming to the ring at Starrcade '97 (yes, even the match was brutally badly booked with mind boggling politics taking away from his moment), he's still a legend who as was once said I think about Dusty Rhodes, he could have a five star match with a broom. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;147912]never liked the undertaker? you gottta be kidding me. you can't deny the mystique of the character ma man. there's no way. and the creativity of the angles they do with him? he may look too cartoonish to you but do you honestly think you can reproduce that kind of gimmick. I think not. on a lighter note: I loved the show man, teaming two of the monst mysteriouse individuals in wrestling is GENIUS![/QUOTE] I thought teaming them two together was fairly obvious to be honest. It'd be like fueding Sting and Bret Hart in a good long extended series like WCW did over the WCW Title bac.. hmmmm, what is wrong with you Bischoff? And you Russo? Obvious basic things!!! ARGHHHH!!! Thanks all for your posts - hope you're all still enjoying "Death of WCW?"

Even though I've only read the first 5 pages of this so far, I have to post to say how much I'm enjoying the diary. I don't spend much time reading any real world diaries, and sadly even less time reading the retro ones, but this is a truly excellent diary. I'm glad I've started reading, I should hopefully get caught up fully sometime tomorrow. :) Derek B

Even though I've only read the first 5 pages of this so far, I have to post to say how much I'm enjoying the diary. I don't spend much time reading any real world diaries, and sadly even less time reading the retro ones, but this is a truly excellent diary. I'm glad I've started reading, I should hopefully get caught up fully sometime tomorrow. :) Derek B

[QUOTE=tristram;147931]Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :)[QUOTE] Don't short change yourself like that. It's a class diary, no doubt. It's true that there are many other brilliant diaries on here (ECW Worldwide and every one of Stallions efforts but to name just a few) but personally this is my favourite, partly because I'm so interested in WCW (in particular, how it was run, from a business stand point) and party because it's well written and it just works. And everytime you think you know what's gonna happen the Undertaker appears or something. This is my favourite. Out of interest, is the prank phone call thing going somewhere with WCW or is it your way of stop writing the diary because your character has been killed or something?!

[QUOTE=tristram;147931]Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :)[QUOTE] Don't short change yourself like that. It's a class diary, no doubt. It's true that there are many other brilliant diaries on here (ECW Worldwide and every one of Stallions efforts but to name just a few) but personally this is my favourite, partly because I'm so interested in WCW (in particular, how it was run, from a business stand point) and party because it's well written and it just works. And everytime you think you know what's gonna happen the Undertaker appears or something. This is my favourite. Out of interest, is the prank phone call thing going somewhere with WCW or is it your way of stop writing the diary because your character has been killed or something?!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1425/coollogocom1115933kw8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][CENTER]WCW Glycerine, live from the North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, South Carolina Saturday Week 4, March 2001[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.charlestonconvention.com/colext.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mick Foley takes credit for the ratings victory[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]At the top of the show, Hardcore Evolution leader Mick Foley came to the ring to a chorus of boos [*]He asked for, and was given the microphone from David Penzer [*]He said he come out for a very simple reason [*]To lay an attack on a very simple man [*]That man, Tony Schiavone [*]Foley told us that in 1998, Tony Schiavone said "Yeah, that'll put bums on seats" when he won the WWF Title [*]And almost instantly, the landscape of the ratings war changed at that very second [*]He told Schiavone that when Foley came back to WCW, so did the ratings [*]He said if that's not putting bums on seats, he doesn't know what is [*]He told the fans that the turnaround in fortunes had nothing to do with the Undertaker, or Ric Flair, or Sting, or Goldberg, or Vader, or Rey Mysterio Jr, but instead, the reintroduction of hardcore wrestling [*]Courtesy of the Hardcore Evolution [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship Rhino (c) v AWOL[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]AWOL made his return to WCW after a lengthy period of absence from our screens [*]But we all bet he wishes he didn't [*]This match was brutal [*]Poor hardcore thuggery [*]AWOL himself gave some decent offence [*]But his offence was taken down by the specialist hardcore stylings of Rhino [*]GORE!! GORE!! GORE!!! Into the steel guardrails at ringside...cover...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Disco Inferno mocks Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, our cameras go to a group of young Indy hopefuls backstage with Disco Inferno, playing it seems Poker around a cards table [*]A young man asks "So... So... What do you think of that Bill Clinton then?" [*]Disco Inferno puts on his best impersonation [*]"I did not have relations with that woman..." [*]A couple of the guys start laughing at how comical it all is as Disco has his fingers crossed [*]The young man asks "Ok... Do Vader!" [*]Disco sips back a shot [*]"Err... Look at me.... I'm big and dumb... GRRR!!" [*]Just then, Vader walks past, and overheard what Disco had to say [*]Disco tries to weasal his way out of it, and all the men have to protect Disco [*]One of the young men tells Disco to take it like a man, and get out to the ring because "at least there's a referee in there to protect you!" [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Disco Inferno v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Disco tried to beg off, offering a series of heart felt apologies to Vader [*]Vader though was in no mood to listen and proceeded to pound Disco mercilessly [*]He even showed a bit of grace with a flying drop kick which knocked Disco to the floor [*]Vader followed him to the floor, but Disco had the advantage of getting their first and was able to drop toe hold Vader into the ring steps [*]He rolled the big man back in.... CHARTBUSTER!!!! [*]Here's the cover....1...tw... WHOA!!! [*]Vader just flung him off like he was a rag doll [*]Disco tried to roll out of the ring, but unfortunately backed into the tunrbuckle [*]...VADER BOMB!!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Undertaker and Sting in action again tonight[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A graphic comes up on screen promising that the Undertaker and Sting will be in action tonight against the Steiner brothers [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]One of the great things about WCW is the amazing contrasts [*]And it was extremely evident here [*]One a monsterous man [*]The other a lucha libre [*]Each though with great agility per pound [*]Bam Bam worked hard throughout the match [*]But eventually his luck ran out as Juventud collected him with a flying missile kick, followed by [*]450 SPLASH!!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck asks for protection[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The beautiful Miss Hanc*ck came to the ring with tears streaming, and a black eye [*]She told fans that she was scared, because backstage, Big Poppa Pump had attacked her [*]She asked if there was anyone out there who could help protect her and get her to safety [*]Just then.... [*]TOME.... [*]TOME.... [*]TOME.... [*]The deadman himself came down the aisle in a chilvarous attempt to help out the beautiful Baltimore belle [*]When he got in the ring though, he was immediately attacked from behind by Rick Steiner! [*]Big Poppa Pump also came into the ring and attacked Undertaker with the lead pipe! [*]Miss Hanc*ck started laughing, brushing away at her eye to reveal the black eye was a make up job [*]IT WAS A SET UP!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting saves Undertaker![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Just then, Sting begins descending from the rafters [*]By the time he reaches the ring though, the Steiner brothers have cleared off and caused massive destruction to Undertaker [*]Sting tries to pull the Undertaker to his feet, but the Undertaker falls to the ground clutching at his leg [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Undertaker tells Sting to go on alone[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]As the EMTs come down to attend to the Undertaker, it is apparent that the Undertaker has told Sting to fight the Steiners alone [*]That he's too beat up for action [*]Sting looks surprised, but embraces the Undertaker before the EMT's start attending to him [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair tells Booker T to gear up[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair invited Booker T into his office [*]Flair told Booker T that Kanyon was going to be in the ring in a few minutes [*]But what he didn't know was that he was booked to face Booker in a non-title match [*]WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Booker T[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Champion got the shock of his life when as he watched up, Booker T's music hit and the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion came to the ring [*]He looked fired up, with an intensity burning in his eyes [*]Kanyon looked slightly afraid, having driven more fire into the heart of Booker T at Fire [*]Once the match got underway, only a couple of trademark cheap shots from Kanyon was able to keep Booker T from completing a complete white wash [*]Indeed, through a succession of eye gouges causing what seemed partial loss of sight in one eye, Kanyon was able to regain domination [*]The match continued to be brutal [*]Booker T was firing off all manner of dangerous side kicks [*]And Kanyon was using his knowledge of cheap tricks well, as well as bringing in his own innovative arsenal [*]Eventually the two men took the match outside of the ring, and started brawling up the aisle [*]And then over the guardrail [*]They continued to brawl well into the crowd [*]Kanyon managed to gain the upper hand and set Booker T on a table near a flight of steps [*]Kanyon climbed the steps [*]And then stood on the guardrail [*]Some of the fans behind looked on in complete suspense as Kanyon took flight!!!! [*]AND CRASHED THROUGH BOOKER T THROUGH THE TABLE!!! [*]WHAT A BUMP!!! [*]Both men were out cold [*]The referee, who had allowed the brutaility to go on had no choice but to call for a double count out [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Video Recap of Booker T/Kanyon match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played showing the unbelievable finish to the match [*]As the video cut away EMTs were again busy, this time tending to Booker T and Chris Kanyon [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The King of Old School" goes after Torrie[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Steve Corino entered the dressing room of Torrie Wilson [*]She was lying on a leather sofa with a blind fold on, wearing merely black sily lingerie [*]"Happy Glycerine... Mr Storm... Happy Glycerine... Mr Storm" [*]Steve Corino grinned [*]He went over and placed his leg over Torrie Wilson [*]He then pulled a sock out of his pocket, and wrapped it around the squeeling mouth of Torrie Wilson [*]He told her that she had driven a wedge between the greatest tag team in WCW [*]And also turned a potentially great wrestler into a giggling school girl [*]Just then, Lance Storm walked out of the toilet area of the dressing room, wearing only a pair of red underpants [*]Steve Corino instantly ran off and Storm ran to Torrie's rescue [*]As Storm turned around, the crowd laughed as they could see he was merely wearing a g-string, and had a smily face drawn on one of his cheeks [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Recap of Fire's Jarrett and Mysterio incident[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played recapping the argument between Jeff Jarrett and Rey Mysterio Jr [*]Jarrett had said he was due a US Title shot [*]Mysterio said he was the rightful number one contendor [*]And that led to tonight, a number one's contendor's match [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW United States Championship - Number One Contendor's Match "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A very highly paced match between one up and coming superstar, and the other an established veteran superstar [*]Jarrett's experience early on held sway [*]Mysterio's exuberance and high energy played right into the hands of Jarrett [*]None the less, Mysterio kept to his usual high octane offence, which began to pay dividends as Jarrett began to tire out [*]A superb arsenal of high flying moves came from Mysterio Jr, but each time, remarkably, Jarrett found a way to either kick out of pinning predicaments or find a way to get a limb on the rope to break the count [*]On a couple of memorable occasions, Mysterio Jr was within a whisker of advancing [*]Mysterio Jr continued on the frentic offence, sending Jarrett to the outside with a headscissors takedown flinging him through the ropes, and then piling onto Jarrett with a stupendous Asai Moonsault [*]Both men hit the ground hard [*]Jarrett made it back to his feet first and slowly got back in the ring [*]Eventually Rey came to, and still had hoards of energy [*]He ran to the apron, but Jarrett used the advantage of being in the ring tactically, and was able to cut him off [*]He then hit a high vertical suplex on Rey suplexing back into the middle of the ring [*]Rey got up groggy.... THE STROKE.... Here's the cover...1...2..3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg attacked![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras cut immediately backstage, where the cameras showed Goldberg in his dressing room knocked out unconscious [*]The cameras peered up, to reveal "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page walking away laughing [*]"You love me, you hate me, but one things for sure, you'll never forget me" he uttered [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting v The Steiner Brothers ("Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]When you get forced into a handicap match, the last thing you want is to be up against possibly the greatest tag team of this generation [*]The Steiner Brothers [*]Love them or hate them, when people talk of great tag teams, invariably, and correctly, the Steiner Brothers come up in the discussion [*]Love them or hate them, there are few more brutal human beings than Rick Steiner and Big Poppa Pump [*]And you match that off with the courage and tenacity of Sting, arguably the most courageous underdog in the history of the sport [*]It all spells a great match [*]Sting tried to get it over quickly, trying to use his superior speed to down the Steiners [*]But alas, it was futile [*]Rick Steiner basically acted as a shield for Big Poppa Pump, and then as a corrupt prison guard holding Sting back for a vicious beating [*]And eventually that beating told, as Sting was hit with the Bulldog from Rick Steiner....1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Beat Down Continues[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Post match, the beat down continued [*]Big Poppa Pump had Sting in the Steiner Recliner [*]TOME... [*]TOME... [*]TOME... [*]Smoke filled the ring [*]When the smoke cleared, the Undertaker, on a pair of crutches stood in the ring holding up Sting, and the Steiners were motionless outside the ring... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Rating: A Attendence: 9,147 Glycerine attracted 3,624,266 on NBC. WCW's popularity rose to 76.3% throughout the USA.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1425/coollogocom1115933kw8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][CENTER]WCW Glycerine, live from the North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, South Carolina Saturday Week 4, March 2001[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.charlestonconvention.com/colext.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mick Foley takes credit for the ratings victory[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]At the top of the show, Hardcore Evolution leader Mick Foley came to the ring to a chorus of boos [*]He asked for, and was given the microphone from David Penzer [*]He said he come out for a very simple reason [*]To lay an attack on a very simple man [*]That man, Tony Schiavone [*]Foley told us that in 1998, Tony Schiavone said "Yeah, that'll put bums on seats" when he won the WWF Title [*]And almost instantly, the landscape of the ratings war changed at that very second [*]He told Schiavone that when Foley came back to WCW, so did the ratings [*]He said if that's not putting bums on seats, he doesn't know what is [*]He told the fans that the turnaround in fortunes had nothing to do with the Undertaker, or Ric Flair, or Sting, or Goldberg, or Vader, or Rey Mysterio Jr, but instead, the reintroduction of hardcore wrestling [*]Courtesy of the Hardcore Evolution [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Hardcore Championship Rhino (c) v AWOL[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]AWOL made his return to WCW after a lengthy period of absence from our screens [*]But we all bet he wishes he didn't [*]This match was brutal [*]Poor hardcore thuggery [*]AWOL himself gave some decent offence [*]But his offence was taken down by the specialist hardcore stylings of Rhino [*]GORE!! GORE!! GORE!!! Into the steel guardrails at ringside...cover...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Disco Inferno mocks Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, our cameras go to a group of young Indy hopefuls backstage with Disco Inferno, playing it seems Poker around a cards table [*]A young man asks "So... So... What do you think of that Bill Clinton then?" [*]Disco Inferno puts on his best impersonation [*]"I did not have relations with that woman..." [*]A couple of the guys start laughing at how comical it all is as Disco has his fingers crossed [*]The young man asks "Ok... Do Vader!" [*]Disco sips back a shot [*]"Err... Look at me.... I'm big and dumb... GRRR!!" [*]Just then, Vader walks past, and overheard what Disco had to say [*]Disco tries to weasal his way out of it, and all the men have to protect Disco [*]One of the young men tells Disco to take it like a man, and get out to the ring because "at least there's a referee in there to protect you!" [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Disco Inferno v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Disco tried to beg off, offering a series of heart felt apologies to Vader [*]Vader though was in no mood to listen and proceeded to pound Disco mercilessly [*]He even showed a bit of grace with a flying drop kick which knocked Disco to the floor [*]Vader followed him to the floor, but Disco had the advantage of getting their first and was able to drop toe hold Vader into the ring steps [*]He rolled the big man back in.... CHARTBUSTER!!!! [*]Here's the cover....1...tw... WHOA!!! [*]Vader just flung him off like he was a rag doll [*]Disco tried to roll out of the ring, but unfortunately backed into the tunrbuckle [*]...VADER BOMB!!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Undertaker and Sting in action again tonight[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A graphic comes up on screen promising that the Undertaker and Sting will be in action tonight against the Steiner brothers [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]One of the great things about WCW is the amazing contrasts [*]And it was extremely evident here [*]One a monsterous man [*]The other a lucha libre [*]Each though with great agility per pound [*]Bam Bam worked hard throughout the match [*]But eventually his luck ran out as Juventud collected him with a flying missile kick, followed by [*]450 SPLASH!!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck asks for protection[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The beautiful Miss Hanc*ck came to the ring with tears streaming, and a black eye [*]She told fans that she was scared, because backstage, Big Poppa Pump had attacked her [*]She asked if there was anyone out there who could help protect her and get her to safety [*]Just then.... [*]TOME.... [*]TOME.... [*]TOME.... [*]The deadman himself came down the aisle in a chilvarous attempt to help out the beautiful Baltimore belle [*]When he got in the ring though, he was immediately attacked from behind by Rick Steiner! [*]Big Poppa Pump also came into the ring and attacked Undertaker with the lead pipe! [*]Miss Hanc*ck started laughing, brushing away at her eye to reveal the black eye was a make up job [*]IT WAS A SET UP!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting saves Undertaker![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Just then, Sting begins descending from the rafters [*]By the time he reaches the ring though, the Steiner brothers have cleared off and caused massive destruction to Undertaker [*]Sting tries to pull the Undertaker to his feet, but the Undertaker falls to the ground clutching at his leg [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Undertaker tells Sting to go on alone[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]As the EMTs come down to attend to the Undertaker, it is apparent that the Undertaker has told Sting to fight the Steiners alone [*]That he's too beat up for action [*]Sting looks surprised, but embraces the Undertaker before the EMT's start attending to him [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair tells Booker T to gear up[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair invited Booker T into his office [*]Flair told Booker T that Kanyon was going to be in the ring in a few minutes [*]But what he didn't know was that he was booked to face Booker in a non-title match [*]WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v Booker T[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Champion got the shock of his life when as he watched up, Booker T's music hit and the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion came to the ring [*]He looked fired up, with an intensity burning in his eyes [*]Kanyon looked slightly afraid, having driven more fire into the heart of Booker T at Fire [*]Once the match got underway, only a couple of trademark cheap shots from Kanyon was able to keep Booker T from completing a complete white wash [*]Indeed, through a succession of eye gouges causing what seemed partial loss of sight in one eye, Kanyon was able to regain domination [*]The match continued to be brutal [*]Booker T was firing off all manner of dangerous side kicks [*]And Kanyon was using his knowledge of cheap tricks well, as well as bringing in his own innovative arsenal [*]Eventually the two men took the match outside of the ring, and started brawling up the aisle [*]And then over the guardrail [*]They continued to brawl well into the crowd [*]Kanyon managed to gain the upper hand and set Booker T on a table near a flight of steps [*]Kanyon climbed the steps [*]And then stood on the guardrail [*]Some of the fans behind looked on in complete suspense as Kanyon took flight!!!! [*]AND CRASHED THROUGH BOOKER T THROUGH THE TABLE!!! [*]WHAT A BUMP!!! [*]Both men were out cold [*]The referee, who had allowed the brutaility to go on had no choice but to call for a double count out [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Video Recap of Booker T/Kanyon match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played showing the unbelievable finish to the match [*]As the video cut away EMTs were again busy, this time tending to Booker T and Chris Kanyon [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The King of Old School" goes after Torrie[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Steve Corino entered the dressing room of Torrie Wilson [*]She was lying on a leather sofa with a blind fold on, wearing merely black sily lingerie [*]"Happy Glycerine... Mr Storm... Happy Glycerine... Mr Storm" [*]Steve Corino grinned [*]He went over and placed his leg over Torrie Wilson [*]He then pulled a sock out of his pocket, and wrapped it around the squeeling mouth of Torrie Wilson [*]He told her that she had driven a wedge between the greatest tag team in WCW [*]And also turned a potentially great wrestler into a giggling school girl [*]Just then, Lance Storm walked out of the toilet area of the dressing room, wearing only a pair of red underpants [*]Steve Corino instantly ran off and Storm ran to Torrie's rescue [*]As Storm turned around, the crowd laughed as they could see he was merely wearing a g-string, and had a smily face drawn on one of his cheeks [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Recap of Fire's Jarrett and Mysterio incident[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played recapping the argument between Jeff Jarrett and Rey Mysterio Jr [*]Jarrett had said he was due a US Title shot [*]Mysterio said he was the rightful number one contendor [*]And that led to tonight, a number one's contendor's match [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW United States Championship - Number One Contendor's Match "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A very highly paced match between one up and coming superstar, and the other an established veteran superstar [*]Jarrett's experience early on held sway [*]Mysterio's exuberance and high energy played right into the hands of Jarrett [*]None the less, Mysterio kept to his usual high octane offence, which began to pay dividends as Jarrett began to tire out [*]A superb arsenal of high flying moves came from Mysterio Jr, but each time, remarkably, Jarrett found a way to either kick out of pinning predicaments or find a way to get a limb on the rope to break the count [*]On a couple of memorable occasions, Mysterio Jr was within a whisker of advancing [*]Mysterio Jr continued on the frentic offence, sending Jarrett to the outside with a headscissors takedown flinging him through the ropes, and then piling onto Jarrett with a stupendous Asai Moonsault [*]Both men hit the ground hard [*]Jarrett made it back to his feet first and slowly got back in the ring [*]Eventually Rey came to, and still had hoards of energy [*]He ran to the apron, but Jarrett used the advantage of being in the ring tactically, and was able to cut him off [*]He then hit a high vertical suplex on Rey suplexing back into the middle of the ring [*]Rey got up groggy.... THE STROKE.... Here's the cover...1...2..3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg attacked![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras cut immediately backstage, where the cameras showed Goldberg in his dressing room knocked out unconscious [*]The cameras peered up, to reveal "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page walking away laughing [*]"You love me, you hate me, but one things for sure, you'll never forget me" he uttered [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting v The Steiner Brothers ("Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]When you get forced into a handicap match, the last thing you want is to be up against possibly the greatest tag team of this generation [*]The Steiner Brothers [*]Love them or hate them, when people talk of great tag teams, invariably, and correctly, the Steiner Brothers come up in the discussion [*]Love them or hate them, there are few more brutal human beings than Rick Steiner and Big Poppa Pump [*]And you match that off with the courage and tenacity of Sting, arguably the most courageous underdog in the history of the sport [*]It all spells a great match [*]Sting tried to get it over quickly, trying to use his superior speed to down the Steiners [*]But alas, it was futile [*]Rick Steiner basically acted as a shield for Big Poppa Pump, and then as a corrupt prison guard holding Sting back for a vicious beating [*]And eventually that beating told, as Sting was hit with the Bulldog from Rick Steiner....1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Beat Down Continues[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Post match, the beat down continued [*]Big Poppa Pump had Sting in the Steiner Recliner [*]TOME... [*]TOME... [*]TOME... [*]Smoke filled the ring [*]When the smoke cleared, the Undertaker, on a pair of crutches stood in the ring holding up Sting, and the Steiners were motionless outside the ring... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Rating: A Attendence: 9,147 Glycerine attracted 3,624,266 on NBC. WCW's popularity rose to 76.3% throughout the USA.

[QUOTE=derek_b;147956]Even though I've only read the first 5 pages of this so far, I have to post to say how much I'm enjoying the diary. I don't spend much time reading any real world diaries, and sadly even less time reading the retro ones, but this is a truly excellent diary. I'm glad I've started reading, I should hopefully get caught up fully sometime tomorrow. :) Derek B[/QUOTE] I hope you enjoy the rest of it Derek. I decided not to get into Cornvellverse too much because, honestly, I just loved WCW to pieces. [QUOTE=keefmoon;148065][QUOTE=tristram;147931]Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :)[/QUOTE] Don't short change yourself like that. It's a class diary, no doubt. It's true that there are many other brilliant diaries on here (ECW Worldwide and every one of Stallions efforts but to name just a few) but personally this is my favourite, partly because I'm so interested in WCW (in particular, how it was run, from a business stand point) and party because it's well written and it just works. And everytime you think you know what's gonna happen the Undertaker appears or something. This is my favourite. Out of interest, is the prank phone call thing going somewhere with WCW or is it your way of stop writing the diary because your character has been killed or something?![/QUOTE] There is definitely a storyline developing with the phone calls. Definitely. It may not grab great ratings per se`, but it's just a little something I find interesting.

[QUOTE=derek_b;147956]Even though I've only read the first 5 pages of this so far, I have to post to say how much I'm enjoying the diary. I don't spend much time reading any real world diaries, and sadly even less time reading the retro ones, but this is a truly excellent diary. I'm glad I've started reading, I should hopefully get caught up fully sometime tomorrow. :) Derek B[/QUOTE] I hope you enjoy the rest of it Derek. I decided not to get into Cornvellverse too much because, honestly, I just loved WCW to pieces. [QUOTE=keefmoon;148065][QUOTE=tristram;147931]Thanks mate. There are a number of unbelievably good diaries at the moment. Some of the other stuff going on in this forum blows me away with how well thought it all is, and I can assure you I've seen a lot better than my stuff. But I appreciate the thought. :)[/QUOTE] Don't short change yourself like that. It's a class diary, no doubt. It's true that there are many other brilliant diaries on here (ECW Worldwide and every one of Stallions efforts but to name just a few) but personally this is my favourite, partly because I'm so interested in WCW (in particular, how it was run, from a business stand point) and party because it's well written and it just works. And everytime you think you know what's gonna happen the Undertaker appears or something. This is my favourite. Out of interest, is the prank phone call thing going somewhere with WCW or is it your way of stop writing the diary because your character has been killed or something?![/QUOTE] There is definitely a storyline developing with the phone calls. Definitely. It may not grab great ratings per se`, but it's just a little something I find interesting.

- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? - Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line. - I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting. - Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title. - I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time. - I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned! - I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: - Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…

- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? - Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line. - I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting. - Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title. - I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time. - I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned! - I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: - Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187]- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? - Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line. - I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting. - Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title. - I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time. - I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned! - I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: - Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…[/QUOTE] top post. i agreed with every part of that message. including the undertaker on crutches thing. whilst i can understand why you did it, if i had to say one person who shouldn't be put on crutches it's him. just my opinion though. its your dynasty and you're doing a blooming good job so far. speaking of which, that last show was great, as usual. the foley thing is great, and if you keep building as it is eventually it should simme rits way to one of the best things on wcw at the moment

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187]- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? - Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line. - I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting. - Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title. - I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time. - I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned! - I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: - Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…[/QUOTE] top post. i agreed with every part of that message. including the undertaker on crutches thing. whilst i can understand why you did it, if i had to say one person who shouldn't be put on crutches it's him. just my opinion though. its your dynasty and you're doing a blooming good job so far. speaking of which, that last show was great, as usual. the foley thing is great, and if you keep building as it is eventually it should simme rits way to one of the best things on wcw at the moment

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187].... - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? ....[/QUOTE] AWOL is [URL="http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/malice.html"]The Wall[/URL] I would imagine. AWOL is what he went by (actually Sgt. AWOL) when he was part of the [URL="http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/mia.html"]Misfits In Action[/URL] (M.I.A.) I'm not familiar with what he's done post WCW, but I guess he was/is Malice in TNA

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187].... - Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile? ....[/QUOTE] AWOL is [URL="http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/malice.html"]The Wall[/URL] I would imagine. AWOL is what he went by (actually Sgt. AWOL) when he was part of the [URL="http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/mia.html"]Misfits In Action[/URL] (M.I.A.) I'm not familiar with what he's done post WCW, but I guess he was/is Malice in TNA

Guest Hamsalad
[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;147912]never liked the undertaker? you gottta be kidding me. you can't deny the mystique of the character ma man. there's no way. and the creativity of the angles they do with him? he may look too cartoonish to you but do you honestly think you can reproduce that kind of gimmick. I think not. on a lighter note: I loved the show man, teaming two of the monst mysteriouse individuals in wrestling is GENIUS![/QUOTE] Never liked him. I am more partial to the colorful, wacky guys who moved around in the ring (Jarrett, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley and Jerhico). The Undertaker was just always too dark and serious for me. I thought he was good for the kids. Hell, if he came to WCW in 2001, however, my attitude may be different today.

Guest Hamsalad
[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;147912]never liked the undertaker? you gottta be kidding me. you can't deny the mystique of the character ma man. there's no way. and the creativity of the angles they do with him? he may look too cartoonish to you but do you honestly think you can reproduce that kind of gimmick. I think not. on a lighter note: I loved the show man, teaming two of the monst mysteriouse individuals in wrestling is GENIUS![/QUOTE] Never liked him. I am more partial to the colorful, wacky guys who moved around in the ring (Jarrett, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley and Jerhico). The Undertaker was just always too dark and serious for me. I thought he was good for the kids. Hell, if he came to WCW in 2001, however, my attitude may be different today.

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187]- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D [/quote] That would make it the greatest night of all time. To paraphase Schiavone :) [quote]- Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile?[/quote] He was known both as the Wall and AWOL in the Misfits in Action in WCW. Sadly, he died in 2003 of a heart attack at a young age (I believe mid 30s). [quote]- Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line.[/quote] Disco gets low ratings throughout various mods, but I always thought he was strangely charismatic when put into comical confrontations. I don't like to have anyone who's purely unstoppable. I like having people tune in not knowing what to expect, but knowing they'll get good well told stories inside the squared circle. [quote]- I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting.[/quote] The timing is just a little bit off for either man to work against each other right now, Big Poppa Pump and Sting just for some reason click and pull off A* matches guaranteed night after night so I want to try and get them in a program. [quote]- Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title.[/quote] There should be nothing more prestigious, nothing that makes a man give his blood sweat and tears for than the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. That's the premise I'm trying to book that on and from your comments it is showing which makes me happy. [quote]- I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time.[/quote] They were a fantastic tag team. It's a pity Scott's real life problems got in the way of them developing the right way, rather than through threats. [quote]- I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned![/quote] I try to keep interferences to a minimum, only really when I need it to advance a story along. I thought it'd be better for the Steiners to prove their tag team strength in beating Sting. [quote]- I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: [/quote] I want all characters to appear susceptible and have emotional aptitudes I guess. In this instance, in terms of Sting and Undertaker, I was trying to build the courage side of it into things. I know Undertaker wouldn't have been booked like this in the WWF, but I doubt extremely either that Lance Storm would get around in a g-string in WCW/WWF either!! :) So in essence, I wanted to show that Undertaker can be injured, that despite his presence the Steiners are strong enough to do it that to anyone, and put across that ultimately he is there to stop broken rules etc. It's a little different, but I thought if I had him come out without crutches everyone would be thinking, and rightly so, why wasn't he there in the first place? [quote]- Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…[/QUOTE] WCW should have equalled=gimme cruiserweights, gimme great matches, have titles that matter, gimme new stars, and emboss the legends they had, beatable, but legendary. It never happened. And so WCW died. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;148370]Never liked him. I am more partial to the colorful, wacky guys who moved around in the ring (Jarrett, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley and Jerhico). The Undertaker was just always too dark and serious for me. I thought he was good for the kids. Hell, if he came to WCW in 2001, however, my attitude may be different today.[/QUOTE] Fair enough on Taker. Admittetly, most of the guys who get over on say brute strength like Taker, or Kane, or Big Show, or Andre the Giant, aren't my favourite wrestler type. I'd take a Benoit, Hart, Sting, Flair, Jericho, Guerrero, Angle, any day of the week. With me, I grew up watching the "cartoon" era so Taker just leaves an impression on me. I'd never have swapped from WCW to WWF to watch him, I stayed loyal throughout pretty much, but I knew of what he could do and would have loved to have seen him in a WCW ring. As I'd love to have seen well used Steve Austins, Rocks, etc. in WCW.

[QUOTE=The Stallion;148187]- I like where you are going with Mick Foley. He has that evil persona about him that I have missed over the years since the big E got a hold of and changed him to a comedy act. I also like the reference to when Foley won the WWF World Title and almost instantaneously you could see all viewers change over to Raw. I was hoping he would kill Schiavone though:D [/quote] That would make it the greatest night of all time. To paraphase Schiavone :) [quote]- Not sure who AWOL is. Could you point me to a profile?[/quote] He was known both as the Wall and AWOL in the Misfits in Action in WCW. Sadly, he died in 2003 of a heart attack at a young age (I believe mid 30s). [quote]- Disco is an idiot! However he did look strong in that match with Vader so it’s a plus for him. Again I like Vader in this WCW, he has that unstoppable monster thing going, but you think people can beat him kind of like Samoa Joe in TNA right now. I’m holding out hope that Vader and Undertaker will meet somewhere down the line.[/quote] Disco gets low ratings throughout various mods, but I always thought he was strangely charismatic when put into comical confrontations. I don't like to have anyone who's purely unstoppable. I like having people tune in not knowing what to expect, but knowing they'll get good well told stories inside the squared circle. [quote]- I like Undertaker and Sting as tag team partners, but I would like them better as opponents. They both have that back from the dead thing going on and I always felt that that match would have been THE reason the Alliance angle could have worked if Vince could have signed Sting.[/quote] The timing is just a little bit off for either man to work against each other right now, Big Poppa Pump and Sting just for some reason click and pull off A* matches guaranteed night after night so I want to try and get them in a program. [quote]- Another great match between Booker and Kanyon. I love where this is going. Booker made a great fighting champion, but he also makes a great face that is chasing the title.[/quote] There should be nothing more prestigious, nothing that makes a man give his blood sweat and tears for than the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. That's the premise I'm trying to book that on and from your comments it is showing which makes me happy. [quote]- I really like how you put The Steiner’s back together. Giving both men something to do while bringing back arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time.[/quote] They were a fantastic tag team. It's a pity Scott's real life problems got in the way of them developing the right way, rather than through threats. [quote]- I really though Undertaker would make his way back to the ring for the match. You have something planned![/quote] I try to keep interferences to a minimum, only really when I need it to advance a story along. I thought it'd be better for the Steiners to prove their tag team strength in beating Sting. [quote]- I have to say I did not like the image of Undertaker on crutches. I know you want the man to NOT seem invulnerable, but putting Undertaker on crutched is just wrong:mad: [/quote] I want all characters to appear susceptible and have emotional aptitudes I guess. In this instance, in terms of Sting and Undertaker, I was trying to build the courage side of it into things. I know Undertaker wouldn't have been booked like this in the WWF, but I doubt extremely either that Lance Storm would get around in a g-string in WCW/WWF either!! :) So in essence, I wanted to show that Undertaker can be injured, that despite his presence the Steiners are strong enough to do it that to anyone, and put across that ultimately he is there to stop broken rules etc. It's a little different, but I thought if I had him come out without crutches everyone would be thinking, and rightly so, why wasn't he there in the first place? [quote]- Another great show brother and to agree with keefmoon (thanks for the props on my diary keef), yours is one of the best on the boards right now. You have great character development, your matches are exciting and your storylines are well thought out. You do a great job brother. Man if the real guys in power would let us book wrestling, it would be so much better today. Its just a shame that the pro-wrestling world is filled with egos the like of Vince McMahon because if some of these guys (Jeff Jarrett included) were to just sit back and listen to hat the fans wanted to see, wrestling would be so much better than it is right now. I mean TNA does a better job of listening to its fan base then the WWE does, but even then there is still room for improvement. If I ruled the wrestling world…[/QUOTE] WCW should have equalled=gimme cruiserweights, gimme great matches, have titles that matter, gimme new stars, and emboss the legends they had, beatable, but legendary. It never happened. And so WCW died. [QUOTE=Hamsalad;148370]Never liked him. I am more partial to the colorful, wacky guys who moved around in the ring (Jarrett, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley and Jerhico). The Undertaker was just always too dark and serious for me. I thought he was good for the kids. Hell, if he came to WCW in 2001, however, my attitude may be different today.[/QUOTE] Fair enough on Taker. Admittetly, most of the guys who get over on say brute strength like Taker, or Kane, or Big Show, or Andre the Giant, aren't my favourite wrestler type. I'd take a Benoit, Hart, Sting, Flair, Jericho, Guerrero, Angle, any day of the week. With me, I grew up watching the "cartoon" era so Taker just leaves an impression on me. I'd never have swapped from WCW to WWF to watch him, I stayed loyal throughout pretty much, but I knew of what he could do and would have loved to have seen him in a WCW ring. As I'd love to have seen well used Steve Austins, Rocks, etc. in WCW.

Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay in continuing the show - been busy with studies. If anyone is interested in doing some PPV poster style logos for me, please reply to this. I would like to change 6 or 7 of the PPV names as we roll around through the calendar, but only if I can incorporate some sort of logo into them all.

Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay in continuing the show - been busy with studies. If anyone is interested in doing some PPV poster style logos for me, please reply to this. I would like to change 6 or 7 of the PPV names as we roll around through the calendar, but only if I can incorporate some sort of logo into them all.

Archived