The Death of WCW?

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2233/wcwblazeofglorydr3.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]Preview Part Two - By Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com's Jack Dimoff[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Part two of the World Championship Wrestling 'Blaze of Glory' Pay-Per-View preview features just one match. One of the most anticipated matches on the card at that. And yet, it does not involve a championship. The match in question pits Lance Storm against "The King of Old School" Steve Corino. Without further adieu, here is the preview. [CENTER][IMG]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4740/wcwblazeofglorystormvscorinokc2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Fans are dubbing this the Battle of Torrie Wilson. The beautiful Boise blonde was at the centre of the turmultuous split of the highly touted tag team, the New North South Connection. The New North South Connection was as the name suggests a tag team built in tradition and prestige, honouring departed superstars Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis who formed the initial North South Connection. However, it appeared that Lance Storm began to take a liking to the blonde bombshell, which did not sit well with the "King of Old School". Steve Corino prides himself on carrying out wrestling the way it should be done - winning battles in the centre of the squared circle against other hard nosed athletes. Winning gold. Giving your all in the art of wrestling. Love should not have an influence on a wrestling tag team in the eyes of Steve Corino, so it was always inevitable that the duo would come to logger heads when Storm's own traditionalised heart fell into the tangled web of the beauty that is Torrie Wilson. And so it comes to Blaze of Glory 2001, where the stipulations are simple. Chivalry against the sentiment that romance holds no place in the world of professional wrestling. Who will win? The chivalrous devotee of Torrie Wilson, or one so bitterly backwards that believes a woman's place is not in a professional wrestling arena. My money is on "The King of Old School" Steve Corino. Winning, and performing some unruly act to Torrie Wilson, be it laughing in her face, or giving her a quick one two, or planting a kiss on her, could elevate Corino into near mega-star status. His talent suggests he should achieve greatness throughout his career. Perhaps this will be the stepping stone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Wcwlogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][U]The State of WCW Update Courtesy of World Championship Wrestling President, John Simpson[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE] Firstly, let it be known it is my priviledge to put out this report to all the faithful wcw.com fans. As you are all aware, even the website of late has been through some customisation and changes to better suit what we believe to be the new, reborn World Championship Wrestling. Let me tell you, as I sit here looking over such boring reports as our Statement of Financial Position and our Statement of Financial Performance for the first calendar quarter of 2001 that our finances are in a far stronger position. Let me reassure you that our crowd figures have obviously risen tremendously of late. And let me remind you all, that our television figures have risen through the roof, particularly with the advent of Friday Fire and Glycerine on CBS and NBC respectively. There are a number of issues that I feel are important to discuss. The first is the issue of the most coveted belt in our industry, a belt that has been reverred for generations. The WCW World Heavyweight Championship, of course currently held by "Positively" Chris Kanyon. Earlier this afternoon, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair checked out of hospital following an unscheduled attack courtesy of Kevin Sullivan, and I can assure you he was not happy with the events that went down between Booker T and "Positively" Chris Kanyon at Glycerine. I think it is important to tune into Monday Nitro accordingly to see ow Ric handles the situation. One thing is for sure though, Blaze of Glory is shaping up as a phenomonal Pay-Per-View with a Tables, Ladders and Chairs extravaganza highlighting the show with Booker T and Kanyon fighting it out for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. I know there is a buzz back in the locker room, a buzz of genuine excitement and satisfaction seeing such a great story between two outstandingly talented competitors over the strap. A wrestler who didn't wish to be named told me that it sure beat watching the belt being vacated after Starrcade '97 when a storyline was melted by what he perceived as politics. He said in these words - "The belt is the most important piece of gold in professional sports, and it transcends politics". I could not agree more. I held what I would call a focus group with several experienced wrestlers in my first week in the organisation, and one thing that was made abundantly clear was the dissatisfaction with how the belt was being used. When you look back through the historyline of the great belt and see the likes of Ric Flair, Sting, Bret Hart and the like having galvanised the sport when holding the belt, it's no wonder there is vehoment dissatisfaction when you also see appearing on the list the likes of Vince Russo and David Arquette. Let me assure you of one thing - the best man will always win the belt so long as I have anything to do with it. I wish both Kanyon and Booker T the very best of luck for Blaze of Glory, may the best man come through and be the undisputed number one man in our sport today. The next issue I wish to highlight is that Monday Nitro recently reclaimed the Monday Night War's battle by defeating the World Wrestling Federation's Monday Night Raw. It was a triumphant night for us all. I recall getting a call from a member of the AOL-Time Warner board who presides over the television entertainment section of the business who was in raptures. The overwhelming tone of the call was that no one, but no one in the AOL-Time Warner board room expected a turnaround in ratings, let alone a turnaround within the first quarter. Nitro was an embarassment to them, now it is back where it belongs - being a coveted show in their entertainment franchise. The way it should be. Due to this perceived insecurity surrounding Nitro, and the importance of having a strong television presence to further our image, World Championship Wrestling enterred into agreements with CBS and NBC to broadcast two new shows, Friday Fire and Glycerine. The ratings have been incredulous. The feedback from the boards of both CBS and NBC is very strong. This has been a large reason for the recent marketing and financial success of World Championship Wrestling and we at World Championship Wrestling extend our gratitude to the boards of AOL-Time Warner, CBS and NBC who all took a punt on World Championship Wrestling and we are glad to have thus far repaid the faith. Let me sound a warning though to all of the staff and supporters of World Championship Wrestling - the battle has only just begun. We should not rest on our laurrels. In early 1998, the same sentiments echoed through the hallways of World Championship Wrestling, from top to bottom. We got complacent. We lost our edge. We lost our focus. Vince McMahon Jr is too smart a competitor to be given any slight chance whatsoever. Make no bones about it, this is a very bitter war, and just as soon as you think you've claimed a win is the second you're fighting for your very survival. This is cut-throat between two very competitive, yet vulnerable, empires. I want to reiterate why I accepted the position as President of World Championship Wrestling - it is my heartfelt belief that professional wrestling needs viable alternatives, as it spurs on the creative juices in the name of competition. I believe if WCW was to have folded as it was expected by now, or that if WCW had have lost its Nitro deal with no back-up, rendering it basically futile, that professional wrestling and the professional wrestling fans at the end of the day would have been the ones to suffer long term. One of the more disturbing developments lately has been the attack on both myself and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, and in actual fact, the establishment of World Championship Wrestling and everything it stands for, courtesy of Kevin Sullivan and his Army of Darkness movement. Let me make it clear, Kevin Sullivan was not invited to Glycerine. Let me make it clear, the events that surrounded Glycerine were not scripted. Let me make it clear that Kevin Sullivan is not welcome to work for World Championship Wrestling in any capacity. I am not at liberty to reveal the reasons behind his attack on myself and Ric Flair, although as time wears on it may become evident. I call to arms all of the World Championship Wrestling locker room to withstand whatever mental comotisation he tries to put on you, to stand strong in your beliefs, and defend vigilantly what we've fought long and hard to re-establish. A man as deranged as Kevin Sullivan could derail this venture before we really take off again, and I think we can all agree, that would be a travesty for the sport of professional wrestling. Finally, I can assure you that World Championship Wrestling has more surprises up it's sleeve. We are aiming to be recognised for strong, energetic wrestling action - through the likes of "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, "Positively" Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm and the like - we are committed to blooding new stars such as "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and "Animal" Dave Bautista - we are dedicated to bringing you a mixture of experience and entertainment - and in order to achieve this our solemn vow to all in the booking committee, all in the locker room, all in the minor but important roles within this organisation is to never lose the focus, never take for granted what we have, never forget the position we were in not too long ago and the reasons because of it, and to always keep our fans interested in our product by serving by revolutionary explosive wrestling action. I can assure you that Blaze of Glory will be an exceptional event, and if it is not viewed that way, unlike previous World Championship Wrestling administrations we make a vow to listen to all our stakeholders views and make adjustments accordingly. All I ask of you all is to tune into the upcoming Nitro, Fire and Glycerine episodes that preceed Blaze of Glory, form your own opinion as to whether it's worth laying the cash down for the Pay-Per-View on the merits of our televised shows, and to give good wholesome wrestling action a chance. We don't all have to be lured to adult rated storylines, we don't all have to be lured to something we don't want our kids to watch - we can still be entertained by good old fashioned values from a bygone era, mixed in with entertainment, and classy professional wrestling. That's our promise. I hope you keep giving World Championship Wrestling a chance to deliver you this promise. WCW Forever, John Simpson President

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Wcwlogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][U]The State of WCW Update Courtesy of World Championship Wrestling President, John Simpson[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE] Firstly, let it be known it is my priviledge to put out this report to all the faithful wcw.com fans. As you are all aware, even the website of late has been through some customisation and changes to better suit what we believe to be the new, reborn World Championship Wrestling. Let me tell you, as I sit here looking over such boring reports as our Statement of Financial Position and our Statement of Financial Performance for the first calendar quarter of 2001 that our finances are in a far stronger position. Let me reassure you that our crowd figures have obviously risen tremendously of late. And let me remind you all, that our television figures have risen through the roof, particularly with the advent of Friday Fire and Glycerine on CBS and NBC respectively. There are a number of issues that I feel are important to discuss. The first is the issue of the most coveted belt in our industry, a belt that has been reverred for generations. The WCW World Heavyweight Championship, of course currently held by "Positively" Chris Kanyon. Earlier this afternoon, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair checked out of hospital following an unscheduled attack courtesy of Kevin Sullivan, and I can assure you he was not happy with the events that went down between Booker T and "Positively" Chris Kanyon at Glycerine. I think it is important to tune into Monday Nitro accordingly to see ow Ric handles the situation. One thing is for sure though, Blaze of Glory is shaping up as a phenomonal Pay-Per-View with a Tables, Ladders and Chairs extravaganza highlighting the show with Booker T and Kanyon fighting it out for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. I know there is a buzz back in the locker room, a buzz of genuine excitement and satisfaction seeing such a great story between two outstandingly talented competitors over the strap. A wrestler who didn't wish to be named told me that it sure beat watching the belt being vacated after Starrcade '97 when a storyline was melted by what he perceived as politics. He said in these words - "The belt is the most important piece of gold in professional sports, and it transcends politics". I could not agree more. I held what I would call a focus group with several experienced wrestlers in my first week in the organisation, and one thing that was made abundantly clear was the dissatisfaction with how the belt was being used. When you look back through the historyline of the great belt and see the likes of Ric Flair, Sting, Bret Hart and the like having galvanised the sport when holding the belt, it's no wonder there is vehoment dissatisfaction when you also see appearing on the list the likes of Vince Russo and David Arquette. Let me assure you of one thing - the best man will always win the belt so long as I have anything to do with it. I wish both Kanyon and Booker T the very best of luck for Blaze of Glory, may the best man come through and be the undisputed number one man in our sport today. The next issue I wish to highlight is that Monday Nitro recently reclaimed the Monday Night War's battle by defeating the World Wrestling Federation's Monday Night Raw. It was a triumphant night for us all. I recall getting a call from a member of the AOL-Time Warner board who presides over the television entertainment section of the business who was in raptures. The overwhelming tone of the call was that no one, but no one in the AOL-Time Warner board room expected a turnaround in ratings, let alone a turnaround within the first quarter. Nitro was an embarassment to them, now it is back where it belongs - being a coveted show in their entertainment franchise. The way it should be. Due to this perceived insecurity surrounding Nitro, and the importance of having a strong television presence to further our image, World Championship Wrestling enterred into agreements with CBS and NBC to broadcast two new shows, Friday Fire and Glycerine. The ratings have been incredulous. The feedback from the boards of both CBS and NBC is very strong. This has been a large reason for the recent marketing and financial success of World Championship Wrestling and we at World Championship Wrestling extend our gratitude to the boards of AOL-Time Warner, CBS and NBC who all took a punt on World Championship Wrestling and we are glad to have thus far repaid the faith. Let me sound a warning though to all of the staff and supporters of World Championship Wrestling - the battle has only just begun. We should not rest on our laurrels. In early 1998, the same sentiments echoed through the hallways of World Championship Wrestling, from top to bottom. We got complacent. We lost our edge. We lost our focus. Vince McMahon Jr is too smart a competitor to be given any slight chance whatsoever. Make no bones about it, this is a very bitter war, and just as soon as you think you've claimed a win is the second you're fighting for your very survival. This is cut-throat between two very competitive, yet vulnerable, empires. I want to reiterate why I accepted the position as President of World Championship Wrestling - it is my heartfelt belief that professional wrestling needs viable alternatives, as it spurs on the creative juices in the name of competition. I believe if WCW was to have folded as it was expected by now, or that if WCW had have lost its Nitro deal with no back-up, rendering it basically futile, that professional wrestling and the professional wrestling fans at the end of the day would have been the ones to suffer long term. One of the more disturbing developments lately has been the attack on both myself and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, and in actual fact, the establishment of World Championship Wrestling and everything it stands for, courtesy of Kevin Sullivan and his Army of Darkness movement. Let me make it clear, Kevin Sullivan was not invited to Glycerine. Let me make it clear, the events that surrounded Glycerine were not scripted. Let me make it clear that Kevin Sullivan is not welcome to work for World Championship Wrestling in any capacity. I am not at liberty to reveal the reasons behind his attack on myself and Ric Flair, although as time wears on it may become evident. I call to arms all of the World Championship Wrestling locker room to withstand whatever mental comotisation he tries to put on you, to stand strong in your beliefs, and defend vigilantly what we've fought long and hard to re-establish. A man as deranged as Kevin Sullivan could derail this venture before we really take off again, and I think we can all agree, that would be a travesty for the sport of professional wrestling. Finally, I can assure you that World Championship Wrestling has more surprises up it's sleeve. We are aiming to be recognised for strong, energetic wrestling action - through the likes of "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, "Positively" Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm and the like - we are committed to blooding new stars such as "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and "Animal" Dave Bautista - we are dedicated to bringing you a mixture of experience and entertainment - and in order to achieve this our solemn vow to all in the booking committee, all in the locker room, all in the minor but important roles within this organisation is to never lose the focus, never take for granted what we have, never forget the position we were in not too long ago and the reasons because of it, and to always keep our fans interested in our product by serving by revolutionary explosive wrestling action. I can assure you that Blaze of Glory will be an exceptional event, and if it is not viewed that way, unlike previous World Championship Wrestling administrations we make a vow to listen to all our stakeholders views and make adjustments accordingly. All I ask of you all is to tune into the upcoming Nitro, Fire and Glycerine episodes that preceed Blaze of Glory, form your own opinion as to whether it's worth laying the cash down for the Pay-Per-View on the merits of our televised shows, and to give good wholesome wrestling action a chance. We don't all have to be lured to adult rated storylines, we don't all have to be lured to something we don't want our kids to watch - we can still be entertained by good old fashioned values from a bygone era, mixed in with entertainment, and classy professional wrestling. That's our promise. I hope you keep giving World Championship Wrestling a chance to deliver you this promise. WCW Forever, John Simpson President

[CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/WM17.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER] Last night, the World Wrestling Federation held their highly trumpeted and decorated pay-per-view extravaganza, Wrestlemania X-Seven. The event came to the wrestling world from the Baltimore Arena in front of 20,441 fans. Sadly the companies sliding Pay-Per-View rate continued, despite the magnitude and stigma surrounding Wrestlemania. Only 381,178 for Wrestlemania X-Seven, compared to the Royal Rumble early in January which sold 597,247 Pay-Per-View licenses. The figure is only just ahead of World Championship Wrestling's latest Pay-Per-View, SuperBrawl Revenge. The matches on show were:- [LIST] [*]William Regal defeated Chez to retain the WWF European Title [*]Raven defeated the Big Boss Man to retain the WWF Hardcore Title [*]The Big Show defeated Hardcore Holly to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship [*]The Hardy Boyz defeated Buchanan and Gangrel to retain the WWF Tag Team Championships [*]Christian defeated Ivory [*]TAKA Michinoku defeated Essa Rios to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Title [*]Crash Holly defeated D'Lo Brown [*]Lita defeated Trish Stratus to retain the WWF Womens Title [*]Kurt Angle defeated the Goodfather (is this the Godfather you refer to Stal?) [*]Rikishi defeated the British Bulldog [*]D'Von and Albert defeated the APA [*]And in the main event - the Radicalz defeated Edge and Buh Buh Ray Dudley [/LIST] -------- Notes and Thoughts: The show was only rated C+, and the World Wrestling Federation's US popularity freefalled to 76.2%. I'm astonished that there was no World Title defence. Wrestlemania X-Seven from recollection in reality was a hot show. These guys are giving me a severe leg up here. Onwards and upwards. Viva la revolution, long live WCW.

[CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/WM17.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER] Last night, the World Wrestling Federation held their highly trumpeted and decorated pay-per-view extravaganza, Wrestlemania X-Seven. The event came to the wrestling world from the Baltimore Arena in front of 20,441 fans. Sadly the companies sliding Pay-Per-View rate continued, despite the magnitude and stigma surrounding Wrestlemania. Only 381,178 for Wrestlemania X-Seven, compared to the Royal Rumble early in January which sold 597,247 Pay-Per-View licenses. The figure is only just ahead of World Championship Wrestling's latest Pay-Per-View, SuperBrawl Revenge. The matches on show were:- [LIST] [*]William Regal defeated Chez to retain the WWF European Title [*]Raven defeated the Big Boss Man to retain the WWF Hardcore Title [*]The Big Show defeated Hardcore Holly to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship [*]The Hardy Boyz defeated Buchanan and Gangrel to retain the WWF Tag Team Championships [*]Christian defeated Ivory [*]TAKA Michinoku defeated Essa Rios to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Title [*]Crash Holly defeated D'Lo Brown [*]Lita defeated Trish Stratus to retain the WWF Womens Title [*]Kurt Angle defeated the Goodfather (is this the Godfather you refer to Stal?) [*]Rikishi defeated the British Bulldog [*]D'Von and Albert defeated the APA [*]And in the main event - the Radicalz defeated Edge and Buh Buh Ray Dudley [/LIST] -------- Notes and Thoughts: The show was only rated C+, and the World Wrestling Federation's US popularity freefalled to 76.2%. I'm astonished that there was no World Title defence. Wrestlemania X-Seven from recollection in reality was a hot show. These guys are giving me a severe leg up here. Onwards and upwards. Viva la revolution, long live WCW.

WM 17 was a great WM. Chris Jericho over William Regal to retain the Intercontinental Title. Tazz & The Acolytes over Val Venis, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan. Kane over The Big Show & Raven to capture the Hardcore Title. Eddie Guerrero over Test to capture the European Title. Kurt Angle over Chris Benoit. Chyna over Ivory to capture the Women's Title. Street Fight: Shane McMahon over Vince McMahon. TLC Match: Edge & Christian over The Hardy Boyz & The Dudley Boyz to capture the World Tag Team Titles. The Iron Sheik won a "Gimmick" Battle Royal. The Undertaker over Triple H. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin over The Rock to capture the WWF Championship.

WM 17 was a great WM. Chris Jericho over William Regal to retain the Intercontinental Title. Tazz & The Acolytes over Val Venis, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan. Kane over The Big Show & Raven to capture the Hardcore Title. Eddie Guerrero over Test to capture the European Title. Kurt Angle over Chris Benoit. Chyna over Ivory to capture the Women's Title. Street Fight: Shane McMahon over Vince McMahon. TLC Match: Edge & Christian over The Hardy Boyz & The Dudley Boyz to capture the World Tag Team Titles. The Iron Sheik won a "Gimmick" Battle Royal. The Undertaker over Triple H. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin over The Rock to capture the WWF Championship.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.sportt.de/nitro/Nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U]WCW Monday Nitro, Monday Week 2, April 2001 Live on TNT from the Civic Auditorium, Omaha, Nebraska[/U][/B] [B][U]Recap of Glycerine mayhem[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Footage is aired from the last episode of Glycerine in a video montage [*]First shown is "Nature Boy" Ric Flair telling Booker T not to get involved with "Positively" Chris Kanyon tonight as Flair is being carted off to hospital [*]The next scene involves the final mayhem at Glycerine, where Chris Kanyon attacked the Undertaker and Sting [*]Booker T came to their aid, pursuing his much hated rival "Positively" Chris Kanyon, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Nature Boy" Unhappy[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair comes to the ring immediately following the recapping of the carnage from Glycerine [*]Flair's head is heavily bandaged [*]He tells the fans that he's mad [*]He's crazy [*]He's a limosine riding, stylin profilin son of a gun [*]With a bullet to chew [*]He calls out "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Champion comes to the ring chewing gum, with his beautiful valet Miss Hanc*ck right alongside him [*]Flair looks Kanyon up and down, and tells him that once upon a time a pretty lady just like this beauty would have riding Space Mountain... all night long [*]He looks deep at Kanyon, and starts peeling off some names - Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Sting, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Vader, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Giant Baba, Dusty Rhodes, Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk... WOOOOO.... By god, all great men [*]And they've all held the very piece of gold that you Chris Kanyon hold aloft [*]Its more than just a bargaining tool for contract renegotiations [*]WOOOO [*]Its more than just a political piece of chess [*]WOOOOO [*]Its the most coveted and sought after sporting accolade, and by god, it was an honour for me Ric Flair to hold it, and by god, WOOOO, its a god damn priviledge for you to hold it [*]Then Flair called Booker T to the ring [*]The former WCW Tag Team and Heavyweight Champion came to the ring to a massive pop as the fireworks sprung up behind him at the top of the ramp [*]He had a bitter look in his eye, as he got to the ring [*]He stood toe to toe with Chris Kanyon [*]The two men glared at each other before Booker's eyes drifted to the belt, and smiled [*]Kanyon laughed, and Booker T raised his eyes back to eye level of Kanyon, narrowing his eyes focussing [*]After what seemed an eternity with the crowd roaring, Booker T looked to the left [*]And Chris Kanyon looked to the right [*]Before both men looked down at the World Heavyweight Championship belt [*]Ric Flair started to speak and started to push Booker T and Chris Kanyon apart [*]He told the fans that he gave Booker T one very simple and clear instruction at Glycerine [*]To not get involved with Chris Kanyon [*]Kanyon began laughing [*]He told Booker T that he was the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game, but the belt needed respect not childish nonsense - the type of nonsense Kanyon is renowned for [*]He told Booker he thought he was better than that, that he shouldn't have been lured into those games [*]He told Booker that great champions like Harley Race, Jack Brisco, Giant Baba all knew how to win their battles in the squared circle, reserving their energy for when the gold was on the line [*]WOOOOO [*]Booker took the microphone and began to argue that the Undertaker and Sting were being taken down by Kanyon for no reason [*]Flair took back the microphone [*]He said he was going to make it very clear to both men what was at stake [*]He looked at Booker T and said that if he laid a hand on Chris Kanyon before Sunday's Blaze of Glory, he'd be suspended and lose his number one contendorship and the opportunity to earn back the greatest prize in our sport today [*]Kanyon laughed [*]Flair turned to Kanyon and told Kanyon that if he so much as laid a finger on Booker T, he would be stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship and also be suspended for 30 days [*]He said he had faith in both men to abide by the rules [*]And that if either men was suspended - WOOOOO - by god he'd find a contedor whether it be the Undertaker, Sting, Goldberg, Diamond Dallas Page or Juventud Guerrera, he'd find one and give them the chance at glory and fame [*]He said because unlike that 'other' show, WCW Pay-Per-View's will feature World Heavyweight Championship matches headlining their Pay-Per-Views, not all sorts tag team matches that no one has any interest in seeing [*]With that he told both men to head back to their locker room, for tonight they would be quarantined by security [*]WOOOOOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The New Age Ringmasters ("Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn w/ "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes) v The Army of Darkness ("Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and ??? w/ Kevin Sullivan)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the entrance of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, the eery Kevin Sullivan made his way to the ring along with "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and an unidentified wrestler in a cloak [*]On the back of the cloak read "Army of Darkness" and then in smaller print "Judas" [*]After getting in the ring, the four men began to brawl, before the cloak hood roared back revealing a redesigned Mark Jindrak! [*]Kevin Sullivan impolitely told Tony Schiavone who said it was Mark Jindrak that it was now simply... Judas [*]The Army of Darkness looked in good form out there [*]As did the New Age Ringmasters [*]At various times the Army of Darkness lent to Kevin Sullivan for his eery advice [*]And time and time again Judas found himself on the advantage against Jerry Lynn [*]However the smaller Lynn eventually was able to somehow hot tag in Samoa Joe [*]Samoa Joe came in and cleared Judas out, who accidentally tagged in Christopher Daniels as Judas went hurtling over the top rope to the floor [*]Samoa Joe pulled the Cruiserweight Champion in before delivering a stunning vertical suplex [*]However Christopher Daniels eyes rolled back, and he merely sat straight back up before getting back to his feet [*]Samoa Joe though reacted quickly and was able to land a booming right fist to Christopher Daniels [*]He took the groggy Cruiserweight Champion to his corner, and lofted him to the top rope.... He climbed up... [*]MY GOD!!!! [*]MUSCLE BUSTER!!!! [*]He calls that the MUSCLE BUSTER!!! [*]What an unbelievable move....1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C- [B][U]Dressing room watch[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras rolled backstage to show firstly the dressing room of Booker T heavily guarded by police officers [*]And likewise, Omaha's finest were defending stoutly the door of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Goldberg v Randy Orton[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Goldberg made relatively light work of the rookie with the well toned physique [*]Orton tried to show off his polished body to the female audience at ringside, but was promptly hit in a spear by Goldberg!!! [*]Goldberg hissed [*]He roared [*]He signalled for.... [*]The JACKHAMMER!!!! [*]1....2.....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" appears[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Postmatch as Goldberg surveyed another victim, "The King of Bling Bling" came from out of the crowd and nailed Goldberg... [*]with..... [*]THE DIAMOND CUTTER!!! [*]A potential rival in impact to the Jackhammer, Goldberg was left out cold [*]Diamond Dallas Page put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a card, and put it on the chest of Goldberg [*]The card read "The King of Bling Bling Strikes Again" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Introducing the new WCW Marketing Manager[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the break, Tony Schiavone announced he'd had word from the production truck that next the WCW Marketing Manager would be invited to share his opinion on both Vader and Disco Inferno [*]A series of "suits" and bodyguards surrounded a man as he made his way down a red carpet, with beautiful women throwing rose petals at the feet of the oncoming entourage [*]When in the ring, a man told fans to be silent, as the great one, the new WCW Marketing Manager wished to speak [*]The entourage dispersed, the man's head tilted up and the sunglasses dropped revealing [*]"Above Average" Mike Sanders [*]The former leader of the Natural Born Thrillers, dressed sharly in a pin stripe suit firstly called out Disco Inferno [*]The Disco king came out to his old music, jiving all the way to the ring [*]Next he called out Vader, who following a barrage of steam billowing out from the entrance area came to the ring complete with his metallic eery headpiece [*]A stool was placed for either men at the end of a table put in the centre of the ring [*]Sanders said he was disappointed with the marketing image of this organisation [*]He said it was high time for a change [*]One thing he would not tolerate was bad hair... [*]And bad breath [*]Disco got up offended, but Sanders told him to sit back down and respect WCW management [*]Sanders told fans that footage would cut backstage for a minute or two, while some of Sanders marketing assistants politely helped improve the image of both Disco Inferno, and Vader [*]The cameras panned to the assistants, who rolled and fluttered their eyes as you'd imagine Rock Hudson to do [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett was with Pamela Paulshock [*]He told Pamela that the midwest wasn't what it used to be [*]He said he rolled into Nebraska expecting to see Chosen One shirts everywhere [*]But he didn't notice, for the stench of Omaha [*]He said it smells of hay-bails [*]And cow manure... [*]And he said that was just his impression of the local fire chief as he met him prior to Nitro going air [*]He said speaking of cow manure, tonight the Chosen One would show that little Mexican slapnut why Jeff Jarrett has all the stroke around this place [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]We return to Vader and Disco's marketing magic[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Footage returned to the ring area [*]Where the fans were cheering [*]The footage initially swerved to the metallic Vader headpiece where smoke was pluming into the air [*]As the smoke cleared from ringside, it showed Disco Inferno laying face down on the mat with a pink pony tail in his hair... with Mike Sanders laid out next to him [*]Vader stood over both men triumphant! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]WCW World Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v Billy Kidman[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two of the premier high flyers of the modern era fought it out for the coveted Television Championship [*]Both men, former Cruiserweight Champions showcased a raft of exquisite high flying moves that had the crowd gasping for more [*]Both men relived some of the classic high spots that highlighted their previous matches for the Cruiserweight Championship in a now bygone era [*]Juventud Guerrera is really on a roll as Television Champion, and of course, Billy Kidman is a recent Tag Champion with a good chance of further success at Blaze of Glory [*]The Filthy Animal showcased his experience, taking leverage of most of the match [*]Juvi though eventually found his stride [*]When being catapulted across the ring he was able to slide between Kidman's legs... he immediately got up.... JUVI DRIVER!!!! 1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Sultan of Swing" celebrates[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]As the Sultan celebrated with fans at ringside, he was hit with a chair by a man in a wide brimmed hat at ringside [*]The man hit with a steel chair [*] He pulled off the wide brimmed hat to reveal Shane Douglas! [*]Douglas jumped the guard rail and proceeded to irish whip Juventud Guerrera shoulder first into the corner post [*]Juvi wailed in agony [*]Douglas picked up the microphone and reminded Juvi that the Television Championship had to be defended at every televised event, and if he couldn't participate at Fire, it meant he'd have to forfeit his championship [*]Prepare to be.... FRANCHISED! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Mick Foley speaks out[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In a dark and dingy dungeon, Mick Foley, the leader of the Hardcore Evolution spoke admist shrieks of horror as Hardcore Evolution students were tutored in another room from Rhino [*]Foley told fans that the Hardcore Evolution was beginning to gain momentum [*]That soon every match would culminate with broken bones, shattered teeth.... [*]And perhaps even.... [*]Missing ears [*]He told fans that his student Rhino was preparing to destroy Rob Van Dam at Blaze of Glory [*]And he dared anyone else with the guts to try their luck [*]Be they be from the Army of Darkness, World Championship Wrestling, or any other promotion [*]...Have a nice.... Hardcore Evolution....Day [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]WCW United States Championship "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"The Chosen One" came to the ring to a chorus of boos [*]The complete opposite reaction for his challenger [*]And that matched contrasting styles [*]Youth [*]Versus experience [*]Street smarts [*]Versus exuberance [*]Cheap tricks [*]Versus passion and skill [*]Southern style wrestling [*]versus lucha libre versed wrestling [*]It pointed to having the potential to being a great bout full of contrasts [*]And it did not disappoint [*]Rey Mysterio Jr had a chance to win with the Springboard Hurricanrana [*]But Sean O'Haire appeared and pulled Jeff Jarrett's foot to the bottom rope [*]After Rey Mysterio Jr lost the focus and began launching a verbal tyrade at Sean O'Haire, Jeff Jarrett got back up.... THE STROKE!!! Here's the cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Quarantine continues[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, as we headed to a commercial break, footage showed again that both the door of the WCW Champion and the challenger were being patrolled by Omaha's finest [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck needs help[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Miss Hanc*ck walked past the dressing room of her client, Chris Kanyon's dressing room, dressed only in a towel [*]The police officers jaws dropped [*]She bent over in front of them, picking up a pen that was left convinently on the floor [*]Their jaws dropped further [*]She asked if the police officers would mind helping a poor, young, soft, innocent young girl with her bra... she was having trouble putting it on [*]The two officers looked at each other and said that it was their duty to help any innocent parties out, so sure, dang ole, why not [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting hurt?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Sting lays on the ground pulling himself up to the brick wall behind him [*]His left leg looks damaged [*]The Undertaker walks by [*]He tilts his hat down and asks who did this to Sting [*]Sting utters.... Rick Steiner [*]Undertaker tells Sting then that he shall... Rest.... In..... Peace [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck, very luring[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras go into the steamy confines of the women's locker room area [*]The two Omaha officers are getting their trousers off, as Miss Hanc*ck sneaks off into a corner with one of their two way radios [*]She radios out, and gets the officers in front of Booker's dressing room [*]She tells them that she's not really wearing much, and needs help with her bra [*]Like lightning, the two officers guarding the number one contendor leave the dressing room door of BookerT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Undertaker v "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Rick Steiner looks startled at the presence of the Undertaker [*]He tries though to attack Undertaker immediately [*]But the Undertaker merely takes the clubbing blows, before knocking Steiner to the mat with one single blow [*]The match is an epic warpiece [*]Punches [*]Kicks [*]Gouges [*]Choke holds [*]Not a lot of science [*]But a lot of passion and pain [*]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump comes down to the ring to stand at ringside for his brother [*]Eventually he causes a distraction for the Undertaker, allowing Rick Steiner the chance to hit a low blow from behind [*]Undertaker doubles over in the centre of the ring [*]Here comes Rick Steiner... RUNNING BULLDOG!!!! [*]1...2....... [*]3!!!!! [*]NO!!!!!!! [*]NOT QUITE!!!! [*]He got the shoulder up [*]Both Big Poppa Pump and Rick Steiner look on in disbelief [*]Rick Steiner goes to his brother for advice [*]The Undertaker sits up [*]Back to his feet... [*]Big Boot to the back of Steiner's head, which inadvertently knocks his brother off the apron and to the mat.... [*]Turns around.... [*]TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!! Cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]The finale[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, Big Poppa Pump is handed a lead pipe by Eric Bischoff and begins to pummel the Undertaker! [*]Chris Kanyon runs down to the ring, and immediately continues to assist Big Poppa Pump [*]The ring begins to full with debris before Booker T comes charging to the ring!! [*]He throws Big Poppa Pump and Rick Steiner over the top rope leaving just Kanyon and Booker T in the squared circle [*]Kanyon clenches his fist [*]As does Booker T [*]But then the two men's fists drop [*]And they glare each other in the eye [*]Constantly looking down at Kanyon's World Heavyweight Championship [*]As Nitro goes off the air! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Attendance: 9,379 Overall Rating: A* ------------- [IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rawiswar.jpg[/IMG] RAW is WAR was held at Colisee` de Kahnawake in Quebec, Canada in front of 11,378 fans. It was a C+ rated shows. The matches were The Hardy Boyz defeated Gettin Rowdy to retain the Tag Titles Raven defeated Steven Richards to retain the Hardcore Title TAKA Michinoku defeated Essa Rios to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Title Lita defeated Trish Stratus to retain the Womens Title Dean Malenko and Albert went to a double DQ Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels defeated the Holly Cousins WCW's US popularity now sits at 77.1%. WWF's US popularity now sits at 75.7%. In the Ratings: Nitro was viewed by 1,288,190 RAW is WAR was viewed by 1,147,707 Another decisive blow landed by World Championship Wrestling. One more screw out of the coffin? Could they dare start dream about redomination?

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.sportt.de/nitro/Nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U]WCW Monday Nitro, Monday Week 2, April 2001 Live on TNT from the Civic Auditorium, Omaha, Nebraska[/U][/B] [B][U]Recap of Glycerine mayhem[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Footage is aired from the last episode of Glycerine in a video montage [*]First shown is "Nature Boy" Ric Flair telling Booker T not to get involved with "Positively" Chris Kanyon tonight as Flair is being carted off to hospital [*]The next scene involves the final mayhem at Glycerine, where Chris Kanyon attacked the Undertaker and Sting [*]Booker T came to their aid, pursuing his much hated rival "Positively" Chris Kanyon, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"Nature Boy" Unhappy[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair comes to the ring immediately following the recapping of the carnage from Glycerine [*]Flair's head is heavily bandaged [*]He tells the fans that he's mad [*]He's crazy [*]He's a limosine riding, stylin profilin son of a gun [*]With a bullet to chew [*]He calls out "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Champion comes to the ring chewing gum, with his beautiful valet Miss Hanc*ck right alongside him [*]Flair looks Kanyon up and down, and tells him that once upon a time a pretty lady just like this beauty would have riding Space Mountain... all night long [*]He looks deep at Kanyon, and starts peeling off some names - Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Sting, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Vader, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Giant Baba, Dusty Rhodes, Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk... WOOOOO.... By god, all great men [*]And they've all held the very piece of gold that you Chris Kanyon hold aloft [*]Its more than just a bargaining tool for contract renegotiations [*]WOOOO [*]Its more than just a political piece of chess [*]WOOOOO [*]Its the most coveted and sought after sporting accolade, and by god, it was an honour for me Ric Flair to hold it, and by god, WOOOO, its a god damn priviledge for you to hold it [*]Then Flair called Booker T to the ring [*]The former WCW Tag Team and Heavyweight Champion came to the ring to a massive pop as the fireworks sprung up behind him at the top of the ramp [*]He had a bitter look in his eye, as he got to the ring [*]He stood toe to toe with Chris Kanyon [*]The two men glared at each other before Booker's eyes drifted to the belt, and smiled [*]Kanyon laughed, and Booker T raised his eyes back to eye level of Kanyon, narrowing his eyes focussing [*]After what seemed an eternity with the crowd roaring, Booker T looked to the left [*]And Chris Kanyon looked to the right [*]Before both men looked down at the World Heavyweight Championship belt [*]Ric Flair started to speak and started to push Booker T and Chris Kanyon apart [*]He told the fans that he gave Booker T one very simple and clear instruction at Glycerine [*]To not get involved with Chris Kanyon [*]Kanyon began laughing [*]He told Booker T that he was the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game, but the belt needed respect not childish nonsense - the type of nonsense Kanyon is renowned for [*]He told Booker he thought he was better than that, that he shouldn't have been lured into those games [*]He told Booker that great champions like Harley Race, Jack Brisco, Giant Baba all knew how to win their battles in the squared circle, reserving their energy for when the gold was on the line [*]WOOOOO [*]Booker took the microphone and began to argue that the Undertaker and Sting were being taken down by Kanyon for no reason [*]Flair took back the microphone [*]He said he was going to make it very clear to both men what was at stake [*]He looked at Booker T and said that if he laid a hand on Chris Kanyon before Sunday's Blaze of Glory, he'd be suspended and lose his number one contendorship and the opportunity to earn back the greatest prize in our sport today [*]Kanyon laughed [*]Flair turned to Kanyon and told Kanyon that if he so much as laid a finger on Booker T, he would be stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship and also be suspended for 30 days [*]He said he had faith in both men to abide by the rules [*]And that if either men was suspended - WOOOOO - by god he'd find a contedor whether it be the Undertaker, Sting, Goldberg, Diamond Dallas Page or Juventud Guerrera, he'd find one and give them the chance at glory and fame [*]He said because unlike that 'other' show, WCW Pay-Per-View's will feature World Heavyweight Championship matches headlining their Pay-Per-Views, not all sorts tag team matches that no one has any interest in seeing [*]With that he told both men to head back to their locker room, for tonight they would be quarantined by security [*]WOOOOOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The New Age Ringmasters ("Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn w/ "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes) v The Army of Darkness ("Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and ??? w/ Kevin Sullivan)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the entrance of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, the eery Kevin Sullivan made his way to the ring along with "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and an unidentified wrestler in a cloak [*]On the back of the cloak read "Army of Darkness" and then in smaller print "Judas" [*]After getting in the ring, the four men began to brawl, before the cloak hood roared back revealing a redesigned Mark Jindrak! [*]Kevin Sullivan impolitely told Tony Schiavone who said it was Mark Jindrak that it was now simply... Judas [*]The Army of Darkness looked in good form out there [*]As did the New Age Ringmasters [*]At various times the Army of Darkness lent to Kevin Sullivan for his eery advice [*]And time and time again Judas found himself on the advantage against Jerry Lynn [*]However the smaller Lynn eventually was able to somehow hot tag in Samoa Joe [*]Samoa Joe came in and cleared Judas out, who accidentally tagged in Christopher Daniels as Judas went hurtling over the top rope to the floor [*]Samoa Joe pulled the Cruiserweight Champion in before delivering a stunning vertical suplex [*]However Christopher Daniels eyes rolled back, and he merely sat straight back up before getting back to his feet [*]Samoa Joe though reacted quickly and was able to land a booming right fist to Christopher Daniels [*]He took the groggy Cruiserweight Champion to his corner, and lofted him to the top rope.... He climbed up... [*]MY GOD!!!! [*]MUSCLE BUSTER!!!! [*]He calls that the MUSCLE BUSTER!!! [*]What an unbelievable move....1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C- [B][U]Dressing room watch[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras rolled backstage to show firstly the dressing room of Booker T heavily guarded by police officers [*]And likewise, Omaha's finest were defending stoutly the door of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Goldberg v Randy Orton[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Goldberg made relatively light work of the rookie with the well toned physique [*]Orton tried to show off his polished body to the female audience at ringside, but was promptly hit in a spear by Goldberg!!! [*]Goldberg hissed [*]He roared [*]He signalled for.... [*]The JACKHAMMER!!!! [*]1....2.....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" appears[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Postmatch as Goldberg surveyed another victim, "The King of Bling Bling" came from out of the crowd and nailed Goldberg... [*]with..... [*]THE DIAMOND CUTTER!!! [*]A potential rival in impact to the Jackhammer, Goldberg was left out cold [*]Diamond Dallas Page put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a card, and put it on the chest of Goldberg [*]The card read "The King of Bling Bling Strikes Again" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Introducing the new WCW Marketing Manager[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the break, Tony Schiavone announced he'd had word from the production truck that next the WCW Marketing Manager would be invited to share his opinion on both Vader and Disco Inferno [*]A series of "suits" and bodyguards surrounded a man as he made his way down a red carpet, with beautiful women throwing rose petals at the feet of the oncoming entourage [*]When in the ring, a man told fans to be silent, as the great one, the new WCW Marketing Manager wished to speak [*]The entourage dispersed, the man's head tilted up and the sunglasses dropped revealing [*]"Above Average" Mike Sanders [*]The former leader of the Natural Born Thrillers, dressed sharly in a pin stripe suit firstly called out Disco Inferno [*]The Disco king came out to his old music, jiving all the way to the ring [*]Next he called out Vader, who following a barrage of steam billowing out from the entrance area came to the ring complete with his metallic eery headpiece [*]A stool was placed for either men at the end of a table put in the centre of the ring [*]Sanders said he was disappointed with the marketing image of this organisation [*]He said it was high time for a change [*]One thing he would not tolerate was bad hair... [*]And bad breath [*]Disco got up offended, but Sanders told him to sit back down and respect WCW management [*]Sanders told fans that footage would cut backstage for a minute or two, while some of Sanders marketing assistants politely helped improve the image of both Disco Inferno, and Vader [*]The cameras panned to the assistants, who rolled and fluttered their eyes as you'd imagine Rock Hudson to do [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett was with Pamela Paulshock [*]He told Pamela that the midwest wasn't what it used to be [*]He said he rolled into Nebraska expecting to see Chosen One shirts everywhere [*]But he didn't notice, for the stench of Omaha [*]He said it smells of hay-bails [*]And cow manure... [*]And he said that was just his impression of the local fire chief as he met him prior to Nitro going air [*]He said speaking of cow manure, tonight the Chosen One would show that little Mexican slapnut why Jeff Jarrett has all the stroke around this place [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]We return to Vader and Disco's marketing magic[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Footage returned to the ring area [*]Where the fans were cheering [*]The footage initially swerved to the metallic Vader headpiece where smoke was pluming into the air [*]As the smoke cleared from ringside, it showed Disco Inferno laying face down on the mat with a pink pony tail in his hair... with Mike Sanders laid out next to him [*]Vader stood over both men triumphant! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]WCW World Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v Billy Kidman[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two of the premier high flyers of the modern era fought it out for the coveted Television Championship [*]Both men, former Cruiserweight Champions showcased a raft of exquisite high flying moves that had the crowd gasping for more [*]Both men relived some of the classic high spots that highlighted their previous matches for the Cruiserweight Championship in a now bygone era [*]Juventud Guerrera is really on a roll as Television Champion, and of course, Billy Kidman is a recent Tag Champion with a good chance of further success at Blaze of Glory [*]The Filthy Animal showcased his experience, taking leverage of most of the match [*]Juvi though eventually found his stride [*]When being catapulted across the ring he was able to slide between Kidman's legs... he immediately got up.... JUVI DRIVER!!!! 1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Sultan of Swing" celebrates[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]As the Sultan celebrated with fans at ringside, he was hit with a chair by a man in a wide brimmed hat at ringside [*]The man hit with a steel chair [*] He pulled off the wide brimmed hat to reveal Shane Douglas! [*]Douglas jumped the guard rail and proceeded to irish whip Juventud Guerrera shoulder first into the corner post [*]Juvi wailed in agony [*]Douglas picked up the microphone and reminded Juvi that the Television Championship had to be defended at every televised event, and if he couldn't participate at Fire, it meant he'd have to forfeit his championship [*]Prepare to be.... FRANCHISED! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Mick Foley speaks out[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In a dark and dingy dungeon, Mick Foley, the leader of the Hardcore Evolution spoke admist shrieks of horror as Hardcore Evolution students were tutored in another room from Rhino [*]Foley told fans that the Hardcore Evolution was beginning to gain momentum [*]That soon every match would culminate with broken bones, shattered teeth.... [*]And perhaps even.... [*]Missing ears [*]He told fans that his student Rhino was preparing to destroy Rob Van Dam at Blaze of Glory [*]And he dared anyone else with the guts to try their luck [*]Be they be from the Army of Darkness, World Championship Wrestling, or any other promotion [*]...Have a nice.... Hardcore Evolution....Day [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]WCW United States Championship "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"The Chosen One" came to the ring to a chorus of boos [*]The complete opposite reaction for his challenger [*]And that matched contrasting styles [*]Youth [*]Versus experience [*]Street smarts [*]Versus exuberance [*]Cheap tricks [*]Versus passion and skill [*]Southern style wrestling [*]versus lucha libre versed wrestling [*]It pointed to having the potential to being a great bout full of contrasts [*]And it did not disappoint [*]Rey Mysterio Jr had a chance to win with the Springboard Hurricanrana [*]But Sean O'Haire appeared and pulled Jeff Jarrett's foot to the bottom rope [*]After Rey Mysterio Jr lost the focus and began launching a verbal tyrade at Sean O'Haire, Jeff Jarrett got back up.... THE STROKE!!! Here's the cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Quarantine continues[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, as we headed to a commercial break, footage showed again that both the door of the WCW Champion and the challenger were being patrolled by Omaha's finest [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck needs help[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Miss Hanc*ck walked past the dressing room of her client, Chris Kanyon's dressing room, dressed only in a towel [*]The police officers jaws dropped [*]She bent over in front of them, picking up a pen that was left convinently on the floor [*]Their jaws dropped further [*]She asked if the police officers would mind helping a poor, young, soft, innocent young girl with her bra... she was having trouble putting it on [*]The two officers looked at each other and said that it was their duty to help any innocent parties out, so sure, dang ole, why not [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting hurt?[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Sting lays on the ground pulling himself up to the brick wall behind him [*]His left leg looks damaged [*]The Undertaker walks by [*]He tilts his hat down and asks who did this to Sting [*]Sting utters.... Rick Steiner [*]Undertaker tells Sting then that he shall... Rest.... In..... Peace [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck, very luring[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Our cameras go into the steamy confines of the women's locker room area [*]The two Omaha officers are getting their trousers off, as Miss Hanc*ck sneaks off into a corner with one of their two way radios [*]She radios out, and gets the officers in front of Booker's dressing room [*]She tells them that she's not really wearing much, and needs help with her bra [*]Like lightning, the two officers guarding the number one contendor leave the dressing room door of BookerT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Undertaker v "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Rick Steiner looks startled at the presence of the Undertaker [*]He tries though to attack Undertaker immediately [*]But the Undertaker merely takes the clubbing blows, before knocking Steiner to the mat with one single blow [*]The match is an epic warpiece [*]Punches [*]Kicks [*]Gouges [*]Choke holds [*]Not a lot of science [*]But a lot of passion and pain [*]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump comes down to the ring to stand at ringside for his brother [*]Eventually he causes a distraction for the Undertaker, allowing Rick Steiner the chance to hit a low blow from behind [*]Undertaker doubles over in the centre of the ring [*]Here comes Rick Steiner... RUNNING BULLDOG!!!! [*]1...2....... [*]3!!!!! [*]NO!!!!!!! [*]NOT QUITE!!!! [*]He got the shoulder up [*]Both Big Poppa Pump and Rick Steiner look on in disbelief [*]Rick Steiner goes to his brother for advice [*]The Undertaker sits up [*]Back to his feet... [*]Big Boot to the back of Steiner's head, which inadvertently knocks his brother off the apron and to the mat.... [*]Turns around.... [*]TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!! Cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]The finale[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, Big Poppa Pump is handed a lead pipe by Eric Bischoff and begins to pummel the Undertaker! [*]Chris Kanyon runs down to the ring, and immediately continues to assist Big Poppa Pump [*]The ring begins to full with debris before Booker T comes charging to the ring!! [*]He throws Big Poppa Pump and Rick Steiner over the top rope leaving just Kanyon and Booker T in the squared circle [*]Kanyon clenches his fist [*]As does Booker T [*]But then the two men's fists drop [*]And they glare each other in the eye [*]Constantly looking down at Kanyon's World Heavyweight Championship [*]As Nitro goes off the air! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Attendance: 9,379 Overall Rating: A* ------------- [IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rawiswar.jpg[/IMG] RAW is WAR was held at Colisee` de Kahnawake in Quebec, Canada in front of 11,378 fans. It was a C+ rated shows. The matches were The Hardy Boyz defeated Gettin Rowdy to retain the Tag Titles Raven defeated Steven Richards to retain the Hardcore Title TAKA Michinoku defeated Essa Rios to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Title Lita defeated Trish Stratus to retain the Womens Title Dean Malenko and Albert went to a double DQ Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels defeated the Holly Cousins WCW's US popularity now sits at 77.1%. WWF's US popularity now sits at 75.7%. In the Ratings: Nitro was viewed by 1,288,190 RAW is WAR was viewed by 1,147,707 Another decisive blow landed by World Championship Wrestling. One more screw out of the coffin? Could they dare start dream about redomination?

[QUOTE=mystic;156218]WM 17 was a great WM. Chris Jericho over William Regal to retain the Intercontinental Title. Tazz & The Acolytes over Val Venis, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan. Kane over The Big Show & Raven to capture the Hardcore Title. Eddie Guerrero over Test to capture the European Title. Kurt Angle over Chris Benoit. Chyna over Ivory to capture the Women's Title. Street Fight: Shane McMahon over Vince McMahon. TLC Match: Edge & Christian over The Hardy Boyz & The Dudley Boyz to capture the World Tag Team Titles. The Iron Sheik won a "Gimmick" Battle Royal. The Undertaker over Triple H. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin over The Rock to capture the WWF Championship.[/QUOTE] I recall a lot of those matches... the Hardcore Title match was a bloodbath backstage, Jericho's match was good, Angle's match with Benoit was brilliant scientific wrestling (one of my favourite all time matches bar none), I loved the end spot with Shane Mac over daddy, TLC always delivers, Taker and Triple H from memory had a good danger spot up on a tower, seeing the old guys in a gimmick battle royal is always a good novelty idea, and anything involving Stone Cold and the Rock is guaranteed to tell a great story and rev the fans up. From recollection Austin went heel with Vinnie Mac. If I remember correctly, the purchase of WCW had just gone through, so technically, by now, in reality, WCW is... dead. It was a great time for the WWF, perhaps their best ever time - I cannot believe how badly they ran the Alliance angle post Wrestlemania. What a SHAME!!! Vince is still WWF's Head Booker with A rating for Booking, A* for respect and business, I'm at a loss to explain some of their booking decisions.

[QUOTE=mystic;156218]WM 17 was a great WM. Chris Jericho over William Regal to retain the Intercontinental Title. Tazz & The Acolytes over Val Venis, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan. Kane over The Big Show & Raven to capture the Hardcore Title. Eddie Guerrero over Test to capture the European Title. Kurt Angle over Chris Benoit. Chyna over Ivory to capture the Women's Title. Street Fight: Shane McMahon over Vince McMahon. TLC Match: Edge & Christian over The Hardy Boyz & The Dudley Boyz to capture the World Tag Team Titles. The Iron Sheik won a "Gimmick" Battle Royal. The Undertaker over Triple H. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin over The Rock to capture the WWF Championship.[/QUOTE] I recall a lot of those matches... the Hardcore Title match was a bloodbath backstage, Jericho's match was good, Angle's match with Benoit was brilliant scientific wrestling (one of my favourite all time matches bar none), I loved the end spot with Shane Mac over daddy, TLC always delivers, Taker and Triple H from memory had a good danger spot up on a tower, seeing the old guys in a gimmick battle royal is always a good novelty idea, and anything involving Stone Cold and the Rock is guaranteed to tell a great story and rev the fans up. From recollection Austin went heel with Vinnie Mac. If I remember correctly, the purchase of WCW had just gone through, so technically, by now, in reality, WCW is... dead. It was a great time for the WWF, perhaps their best ever time - I cannot believe how badly they ran the Alliance angle post Wrestlemania. What a SHAME!!! Vince is still WWF's Head Booker with A rating for Booking, A* for respect and business, I'm at a loss to explain some of their booking decisions.

the taker/HHH "danger spot" was taker chokeslamming HHH from the tower to the floor. autin did go with vince at the end. Its funny now rewatching the ending of the match because JR is going nuts for the austin heel turn and the fans are cheering. WWF had just bought WCW the week before mania. according to the storyline vince wanted to wait and sign the contract for WCW at wrestlemania, but shane went and "bought" the company ahead of vince, which he revealed during the last nitro. While it was cool to see vince's face at the start of nitro saying that he bought the company, WWE actually posted on their website that they had bought WCW hours before the show aired, hurting the "shock value" in my opinion. (I remember going to the WWE site that monday afternoon and seeing on the main page the words WWE buys WCW)

the taker/HHH "danger spot" was taker chokeslamming HHH from the tower to the floor. autin did go with vince at the end. Its funny now rewatching the ending of the match because JR is going nuts for the austin heel turn and the fans are cheering. WWF had just bought WCW the week before mania. according to the storyline vince wanted to wait and sign the contract for WCW at wrestlemania, but shane went and "bought" the company ahead of vince, which he revealed during the last nitro. While it was cool to see vince's face at the start of nitro saying that he bought the company, WWE actually posted on their website that they had bought WCW hours before the show aired, hurting the "shock value" in my opinion. (I remember going to the WWE site that monday afternoon and seeing on the main page the words WWE buys WCW)

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7190/wcwfireot6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U][CENTER]WCW Friday Fire, Friday Week 2, April 2001 Live on CBS from the HersheyPark Arena, Pennsylvania[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Mick Foley Argues with the "Nature Boy"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]At the top of the show, the leader of the Hardcore Evolution, Mick Foley stormed into the Presidential Office of "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [*]Foley was not in a good mood, I told Flair what he thought of him - how he disrespected him, how Ric Flair tried to ruin Mick Foley in WCW previously, but he won't ruin him again [*]Nor will he hold back the Hardcore Evolution [*]He says it is people like Ric Flair that hold back the likes of Rhino and any other Hardcore Evolution prospects [*]Flair starts to laugh [*]Foley asks him whats so damn funny [*]He tells Flair he himself has a sick sense of humour, smiling, laughing, telling people to have a nice day while being pushed off the top of a cage through a table, or being thrown through a table wrapped in barbwire, or being wrapped up in ropes, only they aren't ropes, but barbwire, or being tossed face first into a sack of thumbtacks, or asking for more when your ear is ripped off - he tells Flair that that humours him, but seeing the Hardcore Evolution held back by Ric Flair does not [*]Flair tells Foley that he isn't holding back hardcore wresitling, quite contrare... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Introducing WCW's Hardcore Element[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Ric Flair calls out "Come on out boys" [*]From a side door, extermists Sabu and Tommy Dreamer appear [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]Flair tells Foley that there will be a Hardcore Evoluition at Blaze of Glory [*]It will be Rhino defending the Hardcore Championship [*]Against "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam [*]Tommy Dreamer [*]And Sabu! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) v "The Real Deal" AJ Styles[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two young exuberant rivals fought it out in a high flying and innovative match up [*]Daniels had the mercurial Kevin Sullivan at ringside issuing instructions [*]And distracting AJ Styles [*]Daniels at one stage dropped to one knee and looked above for help [*]He dared AJ to come to him [*]And then closed his eyes [*]AJ Styles took the opportunity to try and hit a hurricanrana, but Daniels reacted and turned it into a modified sit out powerbomb! Cover...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" Up Next![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A promo showed highlghting that after the break, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page would speak in a pre-recorded interview with "Mean" Gene Okerlund [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" speaks out on Goldberg[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the break, a pre-recorded interview aired between "King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page and "Mean" Gene Okerlund [*]Mean Gene asked him why the recent anomosity towards Goldberg [*]Page said that it urked him, and every other member of that locker room on the hype surrounding Goldberg [*]And he said he didn't think he was as good as they made out [*]He said that the real deal in the business was Diamond Dallas Page, and people like Goldberg only stood in his way to the lofty heights he deserves to reach [*]Okerlund asked DDP what it was about Goldberg that made him not rate him as a wrestler [*]Diamond Dallas Page said there was not just one thing, but a whole range of things [*]Okerlund asked him to name some [*]Diamond Dallas Page asked why Gene was interrogating him so much, that the answers were clear as mud and he didn't need to spell out the obvious [*]Gene looked mystified by that [*]Diamond Dallas Page then said that he's not a man of words, but a man of action, and at Blaze of Glory, he'd show everyone, including Mean Gene Okerlund, why Diamond Dallas Page is the premier wrestler in the business today and why Goldberg is nothing but a phoney, dawg [*]Bada-bing-bada-bang-bada-bling-bling-boom! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v Sean O'Haire[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The two contendors for "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett's United States crown hit it off on Fire [*]Sean O'Haire seemed to distract Rey Mysterio Jr from gaining the US Title at Nitro, so Rey was clearly fired up and brought his A game [*]Sean O'Haire though is the former United States Champion, on a mission to regain the title himself [*]The match was more vicious than anticipated [*]Even Rey Mysterio Jr himself was looking for short cuts [*]The intensity and bitterness was evident for all to see [*]But Sean O'Haire is not rated the way he is for nothing, and he too has a rough and ready style to him [*]And he showed it too [*]Soon enough the two men went to the floor, Sean O'Haire courtesy of a drop kick from Rey, and Rey then added insult to injury with a suicide plancha beautifully connecting [*]The two men then starting brawling up the aisle [*]Sean O'Haire dropped Rey over the steel guard rail, Rey was winded by the impact to the crown jewels [*]The two men then began brawling up into the crowd who started really getting into it [*]However, before too long, referee Nick Patrick signalled for the bell as the 10 count was officiated on [*]Double count out your result [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played hyping the stipulation "Nature Boy" Ric Flair put on both "Positively" Chris Kanyon the WCW World Heavyweight Champion and Booker T, prohibiting any altercations before Blaze of Glory [*]He showed the simmering glare at the end of Nitro where both men were tempted to throw caution to the wind and empty out their frustrations right then and there, but both did not cut the tension choosing to try and go for the pride of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Blaze of Glory [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"King of Old School" runs into Torrie[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Steve Corino was asked his thoughts on his upcoming match with Lance Storm at Blaze of Glory [*]Corino said he always carried the New North South Connection, and that Lance Storm didn't respect for starting to turn his career around for him [*]And then that jezzebell Torrie Wilson got involved [*]Just then, the Boise native walked around the corner [*]Corino said she was nothing but a jezzebell [*]And for the second time in as many weeks, he wore the brunt of a slap to the face [*]As he clenched his fist to retaliate, a security guard stepped in the way [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Lance Storm v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Torrie Wilson joined Storm at ringside as he took on one of the real movers and shakers in WCW, Jerry Lynn [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Champion took it to Storm straight away [*]He held him down with a series of well struck technical holds [*]Torrie got up on the apron, causing a distraction to Jerry Lynn [*]This allowed Storm to roll Lynn up, and then apply an ankle lock! [*]Lynn tried to reach the ropes, but he was in the centre of the ring [*]He kept desperately trying, before finally tapping! [*]Impressive win for Lance Storm! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Stinger has his say[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock caught up with Sting [*]Sting was limping badly to his dressing room [*]Pamela Paulshock asked the blond question - how is he [*]Sting didn't answer [*]She asked him what Rick Steiner did to him [*]Again he didn't answer [*]Finally she asked him about the Undertaker [*]Sting looked at her for a few seconds [*]Before finally speaking one word [*]"Legend" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg v Kaz Hayashi[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kaz Hayashi was cannon fodder [*]It was like watching a vulture decapitate a carcus [*]Very quickly it was Spear...and JACKHAMMER!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"You're NEXT!"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After barely raising a sweat, Goldberg was given the microphone by the ring announcer [*]He told Diamond Dallas Page that he was sick of his whining [*]And that talk was cheap [*]At Blaze of Glory.... [*]YOU'RE NEXT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Sultan is HERE![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The cameras cut backstage to where a limping "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera bravely began his limp to the ring to defend his WCW Television Championship [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera v Billy Kidman[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In a replay of a recent match, the heavily injured and groggy "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera defended his coveted Television Championship against the Filthy Animal Billy Kidman [*]"Franchise" Shane Douglas sat at ringside as a guest colour commentator giving his insight into the match [*]He freely admitted it was an act of bravery for Juventud to defend tonight [*]But ultimately an act of stupidity, because even if he got past Kidman, the damage done would mean he was cannon fodder for a Franchiser at Blaze of Glory [*]Douglas explained his actions were based on that he was sick and tired of being misused at the expense of guys like Juventud Guerrera [*]He said he was doing the sport a favour by running the likes of Juvi out of town [*]Billy Kidman was in rare form, dominating against the invalidated Juvi with ease [*]Juvi was in all sorts of bother [*]However, Billy Kidman went to the top rope for a moonsault.... [*]He went for it.... [*]Juvi got up... drop kick to Kidman!!!! [*]Juvi DRIVER!!!! 1...2...3!!! [*]THAT CAME FROM NOWHERE! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The American Dream" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, in front of a Blaze of Glory banner, "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes spoke while being flanked by "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn, otherwise known as the New Age Ringmasters, WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions [*]Dusty said, if you weeeel, dat at Blazsesss of Glorah, the tag team champiunns would prahval [*]For der is a dweam [*]And dese two men live dat dweam night aftah night [*]And da dweam will live on, past Blazzzze of Glorah! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Goldberg gets re-marketed[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, WCW Marketing Manager Mike Sanders caught up with Goldberg as he looked to leave the arena [*]Sanders told Goldberg that the bald look was not a good marketing gimmick [*]Sanders produced a bottle of "Mike Sanders - Hair Here Everywhere" [*]Goldberg took the bottle, and then opened it and spread the pills all over his head [*]Sanders told him you're supposed to swallow them [*]Goldberg told Sanders that he's not supposed to interfere with his business [*]...and promptly speared him!!! [*]OUCH! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Recap of Events - Undertaker, Big Poppa Pump, Sting, Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played highlighting the mayhem between Undertaker and Sting, against the Steiner brothers [*]It showed the sequence of events beginning at SuperBrawl Revenge where the Undertaker shocked the wrestling world by interfering against Team Russo in the War Games match [*]It showed the different strengths of the four competitors [*]Sting's focus [*]Undertaker's rejuvenation [*]Big Poppa Pump's power game [*]And Rick Steiner's ability to take short cuts [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Positively" Kanyon gives it to "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair called the WCW World Heavyweight Champion to the ring [*]Accompanied by the beautiful Miss Hanc*ck, the WCW Champion Chris Kanyon dutifuly obliged [*]Flair asked Kanyon to tell him exactly what he thought of him [*]Kanyon began laughing [*]He told Flair that he thought he was scum [*]That he was a moron [*]That he was washed up and over the hill [*]And he told Flair that sooner or later, Kanyon himself would take him out for good [*]Flair laughed, and told Kanyon that it was good that he got that off his chest, because now that he'd cut the tension, here's his opponent tonight - VADER! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship "Positively" Chris Kanyon (c) v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kanyon got on bended knees and begged for Ric Flair to take back the decision [*]But soon enough, the look of apology and begging turned to stark horrid reality, as the steam began to fill around the ring area and the magnificently sized Vader came to the ring [*]Chris Kanyon tried to escape from the match, but the WCW President himself, who was a guest commentator, got him back into the ring [*]Miss Hanc*ck gave him a slap, so he duly obliged by replying with a flush kiss to the lips and a WOOOOO!!!! [*]After Kanyon was back in the clutches of Vader, the match began [*]And the much anticipated beating happened [*]A backstage shot of Booker T watching was shown, with him laughing [*]Kanyon was petrified as the big monster launched vicious attack after vicious attack [*]It was like watching Poltergeist [*]You know, how you looked at the dumb white folk and thought, if someone told you this house was haunted, you would move on, not stay on [*]Except you looked at Kanyon and begged for his mercy that he'd find a way to escape out alive [*]But alas he couldn't, because Vader's grip on the match was relentless [*]Miss Hanc*ck tried to cause a distraction by jumping up on the apron, and showing her outstanding backside to Vader [*]Vader was momentarily distracted, which allowed Kanyon to get to ringside out of the ring to regain his breath [*]Vader looked like he was going to follow him, but Kanyon jumped back up on the apron, and hit a jawbreaker on the top rope on Vader [*]Kanyon, not a noted high flyer, but the "Innovator of Offence" quickly sprung to the top rope [*]And when Vader turned he hit a DDT from the top rope on Vader!!!! [*]He spiked him flush... [*]He picked him up..... [*]KANYON CUTTER!!!! [*]1...2....3!!!! [*]HE RETAINED AGAINST THE ODDS!!!!! [*]There's more to Kanyon than meets the eye!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Rating: A Attendence: 9,606 Fire drew 3,717,721 on CBS WCW's US Popularity rose to 77.3%. Guys, I'd look forward to hearing your thoughts as we approach Blaze of Glory. Has this diary run it's length? Not getting a lot of comments lately so I'm just curious if people are still interested... expect a slight slow down next couple of weeks as I finish my exams, then after that, if all still like the show, the show will go on!

[CENTER][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/915/deathofwcwur1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7190/wcwfireot6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U][CENTER]WCW Friday Fire, Friday Week 2, April 2001 Live on CBS from the HersheyPark Arena, Pennsylvania[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Mick Foley Argues with the "Nature Boy"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]At the top of the show, the leader of the Hardcore Evolution, Mick Foley stormed into the Presidential Office of "Nature Boy" Ric Flair [*]Foley was not in a good mood, I told Flair what he thought of him - how he disrespected him, how Ric Flair tried to ruin Mick Foley in WCW previously, but he won't ruin him again [*]Nor will he hold back the Hardcore Evolution [*]He says it is people like Ric Flair that hold back the likes of Rhino and any other Hardcore Evolution prospects [*]Flair starts to laugh [*]Foley asks him whats so damn funny [*]He tells Flair he himself has a sick sense of humour, smiling, laughing, telling people to have a nice day while being pushed off the top of a cage through a table, or being thrown through a table wrapped in barbwire, or being wrapped up in ropes, only they aren't ropes, but barbwire, or being tossed face first into a sack of thumbtacks, or asking for more when your ear is ripped off - he tells Flair that that humours him, but seeing the Hardcore Evolution held back by Ric Flair does not [*]Flair tells Foley that he isn't holding back hardcore wresitling, quite contrare... [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Introducing WCW's Hardcore Element[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Ric Flair calls out "Come on out boys" [*]From a side door, extermists Sabu and Tommy Dreamer appear [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]Flair tells Foley that there will be a Hardcore Evoluition at Blaze of Glory [*]It will be Rhino defending the Hardcore Championship [*]Against "Mr Monday Night" Rob Van Dam [*]Tommy Dreamer [*]And Sabu! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW Cruiserweight Championship "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) v "The Real Deal" AJ Styles[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two young exuberant rivals fought it out in a high flying and innovative match up [*]Daniels had the mercurial Kevin Sullivan at ringside issuing instructions [*]And distracting AJ Styles [*]Daniels at one stage dropped to one knee and looked above for help [*]He dared AJ to come to him [*]And then closed his eyes [*]AJ Styles took the opportunity to try and hit a hurricanrana, but Daniels reacted and turned it into a modified sit out powerbomb! Cover...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" Up Next![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A promo showed highlghting that after the break, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page would speak in a pre-recorded interview with "Mean" Gene Okerlund [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" speaks out on Goldberg[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the break, a pre-recorded interview aired between "King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page and "Mean" Gene Okerlund [*]Mean Gene asked him why the recent anomosity towards Goldberg [*]Page said that it urked him, and every other member of that locker room on the hype surrounding Goldberg [*]And he said he didn't think he was as good as they made out [*]He said that the real deal in the business was Diamond Dallas Page, and people like Goldberg only stood in his way to the lofty heights he deserves to reach [*]Okerlund asked DDP what it was about Goldberg that made him not rate him as a wrestler [*]Diamond Dallas Page said there was not just one thing, but a whole range of things [*]Okerlund asked him to name some [*]Diamond Dallas Page asked why Gene was interrogating him so much, that the answers were clear as mud and he didn't need to spell out the obvious [*]Gene looked mystified by that [*]Diamond Dallas Page then said that he's not a man of words, but a man of action, and at Blaze of Glory, he'd show everyone, including Mean Gene Okerlund, why Diamond Dallas Page is the premier wrestler in the business today and why Goldberg is nothing but a phoney, dawg [*]Bada-bing-bada-bang-bada-bling-bling-boom! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr v Sean O'Haire[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The two contendors for "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett's United States crown hit it off on Fire [*]Sean O'Haire seemed to distract Rey Mysterio Jr from gaining the US Title at Nitro, so Rey was clearly fired up and brought his A game [*]Sean O'Haire though is the former United States Champion, on a mission to regain the title himself [*]The match was more vicious than anticipated [*]Even Rey Mysterio Jr himself was looking for short cuts [*]The intensity and bitterness was evident for all to see [*]But Sean O'Haire is not rated the way he is for nothing, and he too has a rough and ready style to him [*]And he showed it too [*]Soon enough the two men went to the floor, Sean O'Haire courtesy of a drop kick from Rey, and Rey then added insult to injury with a suicide plancha beautifully connecting [*]The two men then starting brawling up the aisle [*]Sean O'Haire dropped Rey over the steel guard rail, Rey was winded by the impact to the crown jewels [*]The two men then began brawling up into the crowd who started really getting into it [*]However, before too long, referee Nick Patrick signalled for the bell as the 10 count was officiated on [*]Double count out your result [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played hyping the stipulation "Nature Boy" Ric Flair put on both "Positively" Chris Kanyon the WCW World Heavyweight Champion and Booker T, prohibiting any altercations before Blaze of Glory [*]He showed the simmering glare at the end of Nitro where both men were tempted to throw caution to the wind and empty out their frustrations right then and there, but both did not cut the tension choosing to try and go for the pride of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Blaze of Glory [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"King of Old School" runs into Torrie[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Steve Corino was asked his thoughts on his upcoming match with Lance Storm at Blaze of Glory [*]Corino said he always carried the New North South Connection, and that Lance Storm didn't respect for starting to turn his career around for him [*]And then that jezzebell Torrie Wilson got involved [*]Just then, the Boise native walked around the corner [*]Corino said she was nothing but a jezzebell [*]And for the second time in as many weeks, he wore the brunt of a slap to the face [*]As he clenched his fist to retaliate, a security guard stepped in the way [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Lance Storm v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Torrie Wilson joined Storm at ringside as he took on one of the real movers and shakers in WCW, Jerry Lynn [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Champion took it to Storm straight away [*]He held him down with a series of well struck technical holds [*]Torrie got up on the apron, causing a distraction to Jerry Lynn [*]This allowed Storm to roll Lynn up, and then apply an ankle lock! [*]Lynn tried to reach the ropes, but he was in the centre of the ring [*]He kept desperately trying, before finally tapping! [*]Impressive win for Lance Storm! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Stinger has his say[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Pamela Paulshock caught up with Sting [*]Sting was limping badly to his dressing room [*]Pamela Paulshock asked the blond question - how is he [*]Sting didn't answer [*]She asked him what Rick Steiner did to him [*]Again he didn't answer [*]Finally she asked him about the Undertaker [*]Sting looked at her for a few seconds [*]Before finally speaking one word [*]"Legend" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg v Kaz Hayashi[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kaz Hayashi was cannon fodder [*]It was like watching a vulture decapitate a carcus [*]Very quickly it was Spear...and JACKHAMMER!!! 1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"You're NEXT!"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After barely raising a sweat, Goldberg was given the microphone by the ring announcer [*]He told Diamond Dallas Page that he was sick of his whining [*]And that talk was cheap [*]At Blaze of Glory.... [*]YOU'RE NEXT! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Sultan is HERE![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The cameras cut backstage to where a limping "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera bravely began his limp to the ring to defend his WCW Television Championship [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera v Billy Kidman[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In a replay of a recent match, the heavily injured and groggy "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera defended his coveted Television Championship against the Filthy Animal Billy Kidman [*]"Franchise" Shane Douglas sat at ringside as a guest colour commentator giving his insight into the match [*]He freely admitted it was an act of bravery for Juventud to defend tonight [*]But ultimately an act of stupidity, because even if he got past Kidman, the damage done would mean he was cannon fodder for a Franchiser at Blaze of Glory [*]Douglas explained his actions were based on that he was sick and tired of being misused at the expense of guys like Juventud Guerrera [*]He said he was doing the sport a favour by running the likes of Juvi out of town [*]Billy Kidman was in rare form, dominating against the invalidated Juvi with ease [*]Juvi was in all sorts of bother [*]However, Billy Kidman went to the top rope for a moonsault.... [*]He went for it.... [*]Juvi got up... drop kick to Kidman!!!! [*]Juvi DRIVER!!!! 1...2...3!!! [*]THAT CAME FROM NOWHERE! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The American Dream" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, in front of a Blaze of Glory banner, "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes spoke while being flanked by "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn, otherwise known as the New Age Ringmasters, WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions [*]Dusty said, if you weeeel, dat at Blazsesss of Glorah, the tag team champiunns would prahval [*]For der is a dweam [*]And dese two men live dat dweam night aftah night [*]And da dweam will live on, past Blazzzze of Glorah! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Goldberg gets re-marketed[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, WCW Marketing Manager Mike Sanders caught up with Goldberg as he looked to leave the arena [*]Sanders told Goldberg that the bald look was not a good marketing gimmick [*]Sanders produced a bottle of "Mike Sanders - Hair Here Everywhere" [*]Goldberg took the bottle, and then opened it and spread the pills all over his head [*]Sanders told him you're supposed to swallow them [*]Goldberg told Sanders that he's not supposed to interfere with his business [*]...and promptly speared him!!! [*]OUCH! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Recap of Events - Undertaker, Big Poppa Pump, Sting, Rick Steiner[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played highlighting the mayhem between Undertaker and Sting, against the Steiner brothers [*]It showed the sequence of events beginning at SuperBrawl Revenge where the Undertaker shocked the wrestling world by interfering against Team Russo in the War Games match [*]It showed the different strengths of the four competitors [*]Sting's focus [*]Undertaker's rejuvenation [*]Big Poppa Pump's power game [*]And Rick Steiner's ability to take short cuts [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"Positively" Kanyon gives it to "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair called the WCW World Heavyweight Champion to the ring [*]Accompanied by the beautiful Miss Hanc*ck, the WCW Champion Chris Kanyon dutifuly obliged [*]Flair asked Kanyon to tell him exactly what he thought of him [*]Kanyon began laughing [*]He told Flair that he thought he was scum [*]That he was a moron [*]That he was washed up and over the hill [*]And he told Flair that sooner or later, Kanyon himself would take him out for good [*]Flair laughed, and told Kanyon that it was good that he got that off his chest, because now that he'd cut the tension, here's his opponent tonight - VADER! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship "Positively" Chris Kanyon (c) v Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Kanyon got on bended knees and begged for Ric Flair to take back the decision [*]But soon enough, the look of apology and begging turned to stark horrid reality, as the steam began to fill around the ring area and the magnificently sized Vader came to the ring [*]Chris Kanyon tried to escape from the match, but the WCW President himself, who was a guest commentator, got him back into the ring [*]Miss Hanc*ck gave him a slap, so he duly obliged by replying with a flush kiss to the lips and a WOOOOO!!!! [*]After Kanyon was back in the clutches of Vader, the match began [*]And the much anticipated beating happened [*]A backstage shot of Booker T watching was shown, with him laughing [*]Kanyon was petrified as the big monster launched vicious attack after vicious attack [*]It was like watching Poltergeist [*]You know, how you looked at the dumb white folk and thought, if someone told you this house was haunted, you would move on, not stay on [*]Except you looked at Kanyon and begged for his mercy that he'd find a way to escape out alive [*]But alas he couldn't, because Vader's grip on the match was relentless [*]Miss Hanc*ck tried to cause a distraction by jumping up on the apron, and showing her outstanding backside to Vader [*]Vader was momentarily distracted, which allowed Kanyon to get to ringside out of the ring to regain his breath [*]Vader looked like he was going to follow him, but Kanyon jumped back up on the apron, and hit a jawbreaker on the top rope on Vader [*]Kanyon, not a noted high flyer, but the "Innovator of Offence" quickly sprung to the top rope [*]And when Vader turned he hit a DDT from the top rope on Vader!!!! [*]He spiked him flush... [*]He picked him up..... [*]KANYON CUTTER!!!! [*]1...2....3!!!! [*]HE RETAINED AGAINST THE ODDS!!!!! [*]There's more to Kanyon than meets the eye!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Rating: A Attendence: 9,606 Fire drew 3,717,721 on CBS WCW's US Popularity rose to 77.3%. Guys, I'd look forward to hearing your thoughts as we approach Blaze of Glory. Has this diary run it's length? Not getting a lot of comments lately so I'm just curious if people are still interested... expect a slight slow down next couple of weeks as I finish my exams, then after that, if all still like the show, the show will go on!

I moved town recently (150 miles away, to be precise) and didn't have internet until a week ago, and even then things have been crazy busy. I've still been reading (and loving) the diary but not had the time to post. I always come on here hoping to see a new show posted so, yeah, I'm reading still. The only problem is I'm doing a WCW 2001 game too and everytime I read yours I wanna play on mine, which isn't a good idea when you are as busy as I am. As far as your dynasty is going, I have to say everything seems to be working perfectly. I really get a sense when reading it that it is now "your" WCW, with guys like Kanyon being at the top, and mid carders like RVD, Sabu, Mysterio, Juvi Guerrara, Steve Corino, Lance Storm etc getting real good pops and looking like they aren't far from the main event. Great work my friend, and yeah, you've got a reader in me. Still. *On an unrelated note* What exams would these be?

I moved town recently (150 miles away, to be precise) and didn't have internet until a week ago, and even then things have been crazy busy. I've still been reading (and loving) the diary but not had the time to post. I always come on here hoping to see a new show posted so, yeah, I'm reading still. The only problem is I'm doing a WCW 2001 game too and everytime I read yours I wanna play on mine, which isn't a good idea when you are as busy as I am. As far as your dynasty is going, I have to say everything seems to be working perfectly. I really get a sense when reading it that it is now "your" WCW, with guys like Kanyon being at the top, and mid carders like RVD, Sabu, Mysterio, Juvi Guerrara, Steve Corino, Lance Storm etc getting real good pops and looking like they aren't far from the main event. Great work my friend, and yeah, you've got a reader in me. Still. *On an unrelated note* What exams would these be?

[QUOTE=sebsplex;156730]Still reading, just need to catch up on a the last few shows so don't fret. ;)[/QUOTE] No fretting dawg. Just guaging interest :-) [QUOTE=keefmoon;156763]I moved town recently (150 miles away, to be precise) and didn't have internet until a week ago, and even then things have been crazy busy. I've still been reading (and loving) the diary but not had the time to post. I always come on here hoping to see a new show posted so, yeah, I'm reading still. The only problem is I'm doing a WCW 2001 game too and everytime I read yours I wanna play on mine, which isn't a good idea when you are as busy as I am. As far as your dynasty is going, I have to say everything seems to be working perfectly. I really get a sense when reading it that it is now "your" WCW, with guys like Kanyon being at the top, and mid carders like RVD, Sabu, Mysterio, Juvi Guerrara, Steve Corino, Lance Storm etc getting real good pops and looking like they aren't far from the main event. Great work my friend, and yeah, you've got a reader in me. Still. *On an unrelated note* What exams would these be?[/QUOTE] Thanks for that keefy. I'm doing a Bachelor of Business (Management) part-time, the two exams I have coming up are Accounting for Businesses and Microeconomics. Good fun for all!!!

[QUOTE=sebsplex;156730]Still reading, just need to catch up on a the last few shows so don't fret. ;)[/QUOTE] No fretting dawg. Just guaging interest :-) [QUOTE=keefmoon;156763]I moved town recently (150 miles away, to be precise) and didn't have internet until a week ago, and even then things have been crazy busy. I've still been reading (and loving) the diary but not had the time to post. I always come on here hoping to see a new show posted so, yeah, I'm reading still. The only problem is I'm doing a WCW 2001 game too and everytime I read yours I wanna play on mine, which isn't a good idea when you are as busy as I am. As far as your dynasty is going, I have to say everything seems to be working perfectly. I really get a sense when reading it that it is now "your" WCW, with guys like Kanyon being at the top, and mid carders like RVD, Sabu, Mysterio, Juvi Guerrara, Steve Corino, Lance Storm etc getting real good pops and looking like they aren't far from the main event. Great work my friend, and yeah, you've got a reader in me. Still. *On an unrelated note* What exams would these be?[/QUOTE] Thanks for that keefy. I'm doing a Bachelor of Business (Management) part-time, the two exams I have coming up are Accounting for Businesses and Microeconomics. Good fun for all!!!

Guest cmdrsam
Yeah I would be rather disapointed since Stallion is leaving and no offence to the rest of the writers but I do enjoy this diary.

Guest cmdrsam
Yeah I would be rather disapointed since Stallion is leaving and no offence to the rest of the writers but I do enjoy this diary.

Archived