The Death of WCW?

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels[/B] will defend against "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper WCW Television Championship Fatal Four-Way: "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera will defend against "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, [B]"Above Average" Mike Sander[/B]s and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn WCW Hardcore Championship - No Disqualification: "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner v [B]the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution[/B] Singles Match: "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v [B]Vader[/B] Singles Match: "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) will defend against [B]The Perfect Event[/B] ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfecshawn" Shawn Stasiak) For the honour of Torrie Wilson: Lance Storm v [B]Johnny the Bull[/B] WCW United States Championship: [B]Sean O'Haire [/B]will defend against "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious War-Games Spectacular for the sole control of WCW: [B]Team Flair: Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, Goldberg[/B] v Team Russo: "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page WCW World Heavyweight Championship - TLC Match: [B]Booker T[/B] will defend against "Positively" Chris Kanyon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Predictions welcome? Predictions you get. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [b]"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels[/b] v. "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper WCW Television Championship Fatal Four-Way: "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera will defend against "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, [b]"Above Average" Mike Sanders[/b] and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn WCW Hardcore Championship - No Disqualification: [b]"Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner[/b] v the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution Singles Match: "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v [b]Vader[/b] Singles Match: "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v [b]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/b] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [b]The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman)[/b] will defend against The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfecshawn" Shawn Stasiak) For the honour of Torrie Wilson: [b]Lance Storm[/b] v Johnny the Bull WCW United States Championship: [b]Sean O'Haire[/b] will defend against "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious War-Games Spectacular for the sole control of WCW: [b]Team Flair: Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, Goldberg[/b] v Team Russo: "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page WCW World Heavyweight Championship - TLC Match: Booker T will defend against [b]"Positively" Chris Kanyon[/b]

Guest Hamsalad
WCW Cruiserweight Championship: "[B]Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels [/B]will defend against "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper WCW Television Championship Fatal Four-Way: "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera will defend against "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, [B]"Above Average" Mike Sanders [/B]and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn WCW Hardcore Championship - No Disqualification: "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner v [B]the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution[/B] (I think it is going to be Raven, for no real reason) Singles Match: [B]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/B] v Vader Singles Match: "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) will defend against [B]The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfecshawn" Shawn Stasiak)[/B] For the honour of Torrie Wilson: [B]Lance Storm [/B]v Johnny the Bull WCW United States Championship: [B]Sean O'Haire [/B]will defend against "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious War-Games Spectacular for the sole control of WCW: Team Flair: Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, Goldberg v Team Russo: [B]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - TLC Match: Booker T will defend against [B]"Positively" Chris Kanyon[/B] Continued good work by the way...that DJ Hamsalad picture looks surprising like me...well surprising like my soul...I miss WCW!!!!

Guest Hamsalad
WCW Cruiserweight Championship: "[B]Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels [/B]will defend against "Prime-Time" Elix Skipper WCW Television Championship Fatal Four-Way: "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera will defend against "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, [B]"Above Average" Mike Sanders [/B]and "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn WCW Hardcore Championship - No Disqualification: "Dog Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner v [B]the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution[/B] (I think it is going to be Raven, for no real reason) Singles Match: [B]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett[/B] v Vader Singles Match: "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: The Filthy Animals (Konnan and Kidman) will defend against [B]The Perfect Event ("Main Event" Chuck Palumbo and "Perfecshawn" Shawn Stasiak)[/B] For the honour of Torrie Wilson: [B]Lance Storm [/B]v Johnny the Bull WCW United States Championship: [B]Sean O'Haire [/B]will defend against "The Master and Ruler of the World" Sid Vicious War-Games Spectacular for the sole control of WCW: Team Flair: Sting, "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr, Goldberg v Team Russo: [B]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - TLC Match: Booker T will defend against [B]"Positively" Chris Kanyon[/B] Continued good work by the way...that DJ Hamsalad picture looks surprising like me...well surprising like my soul...I miss WCW!!!!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/eb3e4c9d08.jpg[/IMG] WCW Friday Fire, Friday, Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Nutter Center, Dayton, Ohio[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.daytonbombers.com/images/nutter_center/nutter_center_outside.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.cheers-becker.de/c_cliff_02.JPG[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Delivers[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]First off tonight, a look through the sack of the jolly big man from Cheers [*]Fonz Mackem sends this in "Good show. I liked Nash being used to elevate the cruiserweights but having the experience to pull off the victory. It was interesting to see RVD so high up in the card, what's his position right about now? Was that a break up between Kanyon and Miss Hanc*ck, it looked like it but I'm not 100% sure by the way that angle ended." I don't think anyone in their right mind would break it off with her. Then again, perhaps Kanyon isn't in his right mind? Rob Van Dam is classified as an upper midcarder in World Championship Wrestling. Heyyyy! [IMG]http://hungry.blogspirit.com/album/mfe_live_stuff/cover-fonz.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ray Sebsplex from The Great American Run Society wrote this in "I really should stop trying to read diaries from back to front, but the last couple of shows have got me interested to the point of checking out some of what preceeded them. Just a couple of quick comments; I'm interested to see how Foley is used for unlike in the real WCW where he was wasted, you/we've got the benefit of hindsight and knowing the potential Foley had at the time. Also on a minor note, the show bullet point show format reminds me of those on certain wrestling-site result archives and despite not being fully detailed, are lay out the major points of the matches and angles nicely indeed." It's interesting the perspective on Mick Foley. At the time he was still a little raw and hardcore wrestling as a general notion on the wider spectrum was a largely untapped quality in the United States in particular. The explosion of ECW of course changed that and showed it had a large niche` market. It'll be interesting to see how WCW use him now that he's returned. I guess the old saying with wrestling is true, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." [IMG]http://www.tomhanksland.com/Pics/forrest37.jpg[/IMG] [*]Lt Mikey G writes this in "Oh boy do I miss WCW. I haven't been following this whole diary, but I just read the last show in it's entirety and I must say it just makes me miss WCW that much more. I like the fact that your pushing Kanyon in your World title picture. He seemed to be the main focus of your show this week and that's not a bad thing its a good thing. Lately, it seemed like the only thing that Kanyon was getting recognition for was coming out of the closet. Another thing I like it that while it seems you are changing some things for the positive, you are keeping things like the realistic WCW was. Goldberg sqaush matches, starts like Sting, Steiner, Nash, and Flair sharing the spotlight. All in all my favorite part of the show was the Mick Foley vignette. Wrestling or not one thing Mick Foley will always do is deliver a great interview. The line about the screams missing from Hardcore wrestling was brilliant. Keep up the good work man. And I'll be reading from here on." Squash matches make us all quiver. We here at wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com reckon WCW lost the plot with too many squashes. Goldberg is cool though, mmkay? Remember, the war is on with the WWF, "They started this, not me." [IMG]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare7/rambo/1.13.57-6thframe-se.JPG[/IMG] [*]Fonz Mackem writes in again regarding SuperBrawl Revenge "I think that the heels will come out on top in the two main matches. I'm going to bet on someone like Tommy Dreamer or The Sandman as Mick Foley's first member." Tommy Dreamer or Sandman? Interesting. Guess they would certainly adhere to the hardcore persona the Hardcore Evolution is promising. I wouldn't like to meet either in a dark alley. Say Hi to Chachi for us. [IMG]http://www.dickgautier.com/caricatures/the-fonz.jpg[/IMG] [*]Lt Mikey G wrote this in from the trenches of Afghanistan "A few notes. I'm most interested to see just who Mick Foley's special defender will be in this bought against Rick Steiner. I still think Steiner will take it just because it will further the angle along if he defeats the opponent and gives Foley the chance to bring another hardcore wrestler on. This kinda reminds me of the angle with Raven/Larry Zybsko. The other match I'm interested in is the Main Event. While I'm looking foward to Kanyon's push I don't think that he's going to be able to take out Booker T just yet." It seems the mystery opponent may be a seller at SuperBrawl Revenge after all? Please 6, then F4, see what happens. [IMG]http://www.juegomania.org/Rambo+First+Blood+Part+II/preview/c64/0/415/Foto+Rambo+First+Blood+Part+II.jpg[/IMG] [*]Keef "Sailor" Moon wrote this in I love this mean style Foley, the feel I'm getting is he's quite bitter and angry, much better than the happy smily WWF commish version. Can't wait to see who is part of his revolution, hopefully another big ECW guy to take WCW to the extreme. I always thought that as WWF pulled away from WCW that a riskier product for WCW could have been helpful. Still loving the diary mate, it's the first one I look for. Out of interest, have you got a long term future planned, as in who you want headlining, what main events, champions etc in six months to a years time? Great diary (still). Keep it up. PS Loving the Kanyon push, he's fitting well in the main event scene." Is that the nWo signal she's flashing? We tried to get into WCW headquarters to get a copy of their long term plans, but were foiled by the guard dog. The odds were stacked against a safe return from Castle Wolfendubbaceedubbya. [IMG]http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Sailor-Moon-Poster-C10278514.jpeg[/IMG] Keef [IMG]http://www.dognews.com/pedigreegallery/non_sporting/images/POODLES-MINIATURE.jpg[/IMG] Guard Dog [*]Ray Sebsplex from the Great American Run Society writes in "I have to say, I'm pulling for Team Russo and I can't see the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution losing at this point, for the sake of the angle's momentum if more than anything." We should never, ever, ever forget WCW's shameful history of highlighting big things and falling well short. Lets never forget... [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d2/Reisyeti.jpg/180px-Reisyeti.jpg[/IMG] Yeti [IMG]http://therealscandy.free.fr/wrestling/image/shock.jpg[/IMG] Shockmaster [IMG]http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Glacier_WCW.jpg[/IMG] Glacier [IMG]http://albums.mouseplanet.com/MPPromotional/muppets_season1_3.jpg[/IMG] Natural evolution suggests that this is the next WCW protege. [*]Iron Mike Stallion wrote this in "Here are some thoughts on the last show. I absolutely love what is going on with Kanyon and Booker T, the attack really set up a classic match beween the two. Booker plays the fighting champion perfectly. Love Jerry Lynn as Mr. Wrestling III The Team Flair vs. Team Russo angle is awesome. I cant wait to see how it turns out. The promo from Mick Foley is actually getting me excited for the hardcore division again. Lets see if you can deliver on the actual wrestling." I hope Tim Woods is happy with Jerry Lynn being seen as somewhat of a wrestling inspiration of his with this character. Tim Woods is the king of wrestling in my book, any man who sticks with kayfabe despite being in a plane crash, to make sure a territories heat remains strong is an awesome contributor to our sport. Mick Foley may be hardcore, but any man who takes pride in devouring another man's ear is the king of hardcore to me. [IMG]http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/gotmilk.jpg[/IMG] [*]Sorry if we missed any of your emails, we tried to get through as many as we could in between emails from Joe Bigone about how we can improve our penile size with a few magic pills, and of course, surfing for MILFs in action. [/LIST][/QUOTE] [B][U]Mick Foley Vignette[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A prerecorded Vignette hit at the top of Fire [*]It came from the leader of the Hardcore Evolution, Mick Foley [*]Again the image was murky, and came from a dark, disturbing basement [*]In the background was a gillotine [*]Next to that was a bare wired baseball bat [*]Blood was dripping off the forrid of Mick Foley into a dish in front of him [*]Next to him was a bottle, with a red liquid, assumed to be blood [*]Mick Foley said in an eery voice that blood was the ebodiment of human life [*]He said that people had to realise there was no more precious commodity than blood in a human life [*]He said hardcore wrestling involved sacrificing your blood [*]By the bottle full [*]He let out an eery laugh [*]He turned the bottle around, it was marked "Hardcore Evolution Protege #1, First Training Session" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg v "The Animal" Dave Bautista[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Mouth of the South duly brought his client to the ring [*]And then duly watched as within a matter of seconds [*]After delivering a crunching clothesline on Goldberg [*]He was feet first to the cieling, with blood rushing to his head... [*]JACKHAMMER!!! [*]1..2...3 [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Nature Boy" is excited![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, as Goldberg looked to leave the ring, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the top of the ramp dressing in an Armani Suit [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]He told Dayton.. Ohio that they were witnessing the star attraction of Team Flair [*]If not all of WCW [*]If not all of the professional wrestling world [*]Flair told the fans that even he, at his peak, would be fearful of that [*]...285 pounds of pure power [*]Pure adrenalin [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]Team Flair is looking good, diamonds are forever... WOOO!!!! And so is WCW! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting vignette on Big Poppa Pump[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vignette played with Sting sitting in the rain looking out over the ocean [*]Rain dripped down over his face [*]But he remained stone cold emotionless [*]The word 'Coward' runs across the screen as Big Poppa Pump is shown flexing his muscles, to a red blood tainted background [*]Sting merely looks out over the ocean, emotionless [*]The word 'Fraud' runs across the screen as Big Poppa Pump swings the lead pipe [*]Sting merely looks out over the ocean, emotionless [*]A child's voice talks "In a time of war, in a time of misery, a great warrior must summons up from the depths of despair and rise like a phoenix from the Ashes..." [*]Footage is shown of Sting pointing the bat in challenge towards Big Poppa Pump before flashing back to Sting sitting overlooking the water [*].."When nothing is black or white, when nothing is clear, when the knife gets turned by the second, one man must stand tall, as a paragon of moral virtue.... This...is.....Sting!" [*]The next shot is Sting standing emotionless in the rain, with the baseball bat pointing directly at the camera [*]A violent lightning flash flares across the sky, before the screen obliterates into a sea of white [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting and Big Poppa Pump tonight![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Tony Schiavone quickly reminds fans that "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, of Team Russo, has agreed to take on Sting from Team Flair one on one tonight [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "The Cat" Ernest Miller[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Cat gave Juventud Guerrera five seconds to leave the belt and flee from the Karate Champion [*]1... [*]2... [*]3... [*]OUCH! [*]Neckbreaker from Juventud [*]The Cat tried to mount some offence with a barrage of stiff kicks [*]But each time he looked as if he'd get a cover Juventud was able to kick out or find the ropes [*]Juventud grabbed The Cat when he tried one side kick that missed, and rolled him up into an inside cradel....1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Ankle lock time[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn rushed to the ring and took Juventud down with a single leg take down [*]He then proceeded to put Juventud in a freakish ankle lock [*]Juventud tried to tap out [*]But without it being a sanctioned match it was no good [*]Jerry Lynn kept the hold applied, showing his amazing technical skills in getting in a good body position to keep it applied [*]Finally, after a couple of minutes, three wrestlers, Bam Bam Bigelow, AJ Styles, and Big Vito ran down to ringside to rush Juventud away [*]Jerry Lynn picked up the belt that was sitting in the corner, and gave it a kiss before walking out of the arena as medical help came for Juventud [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Chosen One" rips on Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett was interrupted by Pamela Paulshock [*]Jarrett had a Darth Vader mask on [*]Pamela asked what he was doing [*]Jarrett said he was the Chosen One, and had all the Stro... I mean, it's Vader Time, me Vader, fe-fi-fo-fum [*]Pamela Paulshock asked why he was putting himself in such a situation upsetting Vader [*]Jarrett asked for Pamela to listen up you slap.. I mean, that Darth Vader was going to fight hard at SuperBrawl Revenge, and then finally admit it... Jeff, you are my master [*]Pamela asked if he meant father [*]Jarrett said Slapnut, I'm Vader, fi-fe-fo-fum, I'm not human, I'm the son of Chewbacca... [*]He then walked off with Pamela Paulshock shaking her head [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Vader v "The King of Old School" Steve Corino[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Steve Corino attempted to use some old school take downs to try and take the mammoth Vader off his feet [*]Mostly to no avail [*]Vader did end up in a single leg grapevine, courtesy of a takedown from Corino [*]But the tide turned when he kicked him off into the turnbuckle [*]He then got up... and SQUASHED Corino! [*]Corino fell forward ... cover....1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" attempts to attack Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, Jeff Jarrett rushed to the ring and swung the guitar at the head of Vader [*]Who went down in a heap [*]Jarrett continued to give Vader a verbal barrage before celebrating in the opposite corner [*]However... Vader sat up! [*]Upon realising Vader was up, Jarrett fled, with Vader slitting his throat at Jarrett [*]The final shot before the ad break was of Vader's mystique head piece, spelling out a plume of steam [*]The lights went out, and the steam was illimunated... [*]It read... "Your fate is sealed" [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair talks to Mean Gene Okerland[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Mean Gene sat down with Ric Flair prior to tonight's broadcast [*]He asked how confident Team Flair were of success at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]Flair said he had nothing but contempt for Team Russo, he said Diamond Dallas Page, Shane Douglas and Big Poppa Pump, along with Vince Russo were a disgrace to the sport that loved, and he held them in ultimate contempt for their actions [*]He said Team Flair was standing proud of traditions, of earning your stripes from your actions in the squared circle [*]And with that mindset, they would conquer at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]Mean Gene asked Ric if he thought about what he would do if he was beaten out of WCW [*]Flair told Okerland he had not even thought about it, it hadn't even crossed his mind [*]He said he was sure if anything did by unforeseen reasons go wrong, that he was sure he could get a job out of Conneticutt [*]He said he still had contacts up there [*]But that WCW was the real deal, and as far as he was concerned, diamonds are forever, and so is WCW and Ric Flair [*]Mean Gene asked if he had had any support from his previous allies and enemies [*]He said he'd been hit with a barrage of calls and emails asking if they could help - he said Steamboat, Arn Anderson, even guys like Greg Valentine realised the importance of the match and had offered to help [*]Gene asked if he'd taken it up [*]Flair said he had complete faith in Goldberg, the unstoppable human wrecking machine, Sting, the master of absorbing pain and using a calm aura to work his way to victory, and Rey Mysterio Jr, the most prodigious high flying talent this side of Mils Mascaras [*]Gene asked Flair if he had any particular problems with Vince Russo [*]Flair laughed, and said that both Russo and Eric Bischoff were egotistical pigs who almost put WCW completely out of business [*]Gene thanked Flair for his time [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v Oppositely Hardcore ("Mr Wiggle" Norman Smiley and Crowbar)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Oppositely Hardcore screamed for the majority of the match [*]Well, Smiley and their manager Daffney in particular as they were treated to a wrestling master class from Diamond Dallas Page and Shane Douglas [*]Two men with about three decades in the industry between them [*]After a brief beat down, Douglas hit the Franchiser on Crowbar...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Booker T/Positively Kanyon video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played showing the intense rivalry between Booker T and Chris Kanyon [*]With the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line in a TLC match at SuperBrawl Revenge! [*]The commentators speculated about the extent of Booker T's injuries and whether or not he could even compete at SuperBrawl Revenge [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Torrie and Lance[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Torrie Wilson was in Lance Storm's dressing room [*]Lance seemed in a more amorous mood tonight [*]He even gave her a bottle of perfume [*]She sprayed it, but acted as if it gave off a wierd smell [*]Storm said if he could be a serious for a moment, he wanted to explain what it was [*]Bottled Flavoured Cow Manure from Boise Idaho [*]He said that since he had given her something from her home, that she should give something from his home [*]She asked what she meant? [*]He asked her to stand up [*]He walked over and quickly tugged at her dress, which surprise surprise came down [*]...REVEALING A US FLAG! [*]Lance Storm asked what this was? [*]Torrie said she'd been given it by an admirer [*]Storm asked who [*]Torrie told him Johnny the Bull [*]He told Torrie that there was only one true way to decide on who Torrie stays with [*]Torrie thanked him and said it was good to see he was going to give her the opportunity to decide who she loved [*]Storm told her no, that the real way to settle a situation like this was in the ring - so he'd be making sure Johnny the Bull learnt that she was his... at SuperBrawl Revenge! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck challenges on behalf of "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In the ring, the beautiful Miss Hanc*ck stood with "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]She said that no man could beat "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]And she also said that wrestling was a man's game [*]And to prove the ability of professional wrestiers, she invited a member of the audience to come down and wrestle [*]A man in a purple suit, with a purple mask jumped the aisle guard rail to accept the challenge - his costume read "El Mysterere" [*]Kanyon couldn't stop laughing, before blowing a kiss to Miss Hanc*ck [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v "El Mysterere"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Chris Kanyon dominated the match early on [*]But despite his continual working over of his opponent, his opponent kept kicking out [*]When Kanyon went for the Flatliner, El Mysterere pushed him away [*]Kanyon began to get frustrated, which gave El Mysterere the chance to fight back [*]Kanyon was startled [*]El Mysterere went for an inside cradel... reverse roll through, reverse again, reverse again... both men's shoulders on the mat...1...2....3! Double pinfall! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"El Mysterere" unmasked[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, with Kanyon looking on in horror, "El Mysterere" unmasked to reveal... [*]BOOKER T! [*]Kanyon tried to attack, Booker T ducked a clothesline... BOOK-END!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Sting v "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vicious match [*]Sting took blow for blow from the Genetic Freak powerhouse [*]Blow after thundering blow [*]Even a couple of low blows, which seemed to have no effect, as they had no effect on Nitro [*]As Pump looked on in horror, Sting pulled out a cup from under his tights!! [*]Big Poppa Pump was incensed and demanded a disqualification allowing Sting the chance for a roll-up [*]Big Poppa Pump kicked out [*]The fight carried on with bitter blow after bitter blow being traded [*]Backwards and forth, backwards and forth [*]Blood spewed everywhere from the violent brawl [*]Big Poppa Pump took Sting up to the top of the turnbuckle... [*]No... [*]Don't... [*]No way... [*]We all know what nearly happened to Booker T's career... [*]No way... [*]SUPERPLEX!!!! [*]Backwards!!! Through the announce table!!!!!! [*]The referee looked out in shock, as did the fans and commentators... [*]1...2....3....4....5... [*]No sign of movement [*]...6.....7....8.....9.... [*]10 [*]This one's over [*]Double count out! [*]Double count out! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Rating: A Attendence: 6,390 Fire drew 3,343,827 on CBS. AJ Styles suffered a swollen elbow at Fire.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/eb3e4c9d08.jpg[/IMG] WCW Friday Fire, Friday, Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Nutter Center, Dayton, Ohio[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.daytonbombers.com/images/nutter_center/nutter_center_outside.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.cheers-becker.de/c_cliff_02.JPG[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Delivers[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]First off tonight, a look through the sack of the jolly big man from Cheers [*]Fonz Mackem sends this in "Good show. I liked Nash being used to elevate the cruiserweights but having the experience to pull off the victory. It was interesting to see RVD so high up in the card, what's his position right about now? Was that a break up between Kanyon and Miss Hanc*ck, it looked like it but I'm not 100% sure by the way that angle ended." I don't think anyone in their right mind would break it off with her. Then again, perhaps Kanyon isn't in his right mind? Rob Van Dam is classified as an upper midcarder in World Championship Wrestling. Heyyyy! [IMG]http://hungry.blogspirit.com/album/mfe_live_stuff/cover-fonz.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ray Sebsplex from The Great American Run Society wrote this in "I really should stop trying to read diaries from back to front, but the last couple of shows have got me interested to the point of checking out some of what preceeded them. Just a couple of quick comments; I'm interested to see how Foley is used for unlike in the real WCW where he was wasted, you/we've got the benefit of hindsight and knowing the potential Foley had at the time. Also on a minor note, the show bullet point show format reminds me of those on certain wrestling-site result archives and despite not being fully detailed, are lay out the major points of the matches and angles nicely indeed." It's interesting the perspective on Mick Foley. At the time he was still a little raw and hardcore wrestling as a general notion on the wider spectrum was a largely untapped quality in the United States in particular. The explosion of ECW of course changed that and showed it had a large niche` market. It'll be interesting to see how WCW use him now that he's returned. I guess the old saying with wrestling is true, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." [IMG]http://www.tomhanksland.com/Pics/forrest37.jpg[/IMG] [*]Lt Mikey G writes this in "Oh boy do I miss WCW. I haven't been following this whole diary, but I just read the last show in it's entirety and I must say it just makes me miss WCW that much more. I like the fact that your pushing Kanyon in your World title picture. He seemed to be the main focus of your show this week and that's not a bad thing its a good thing. Lately, it seemed like the only thing that Kanyon was getting recognition for was coming out of the closet. Another thing I like it that while it seems you are changing some things for the positive, you are keeping things like the realistic WCW was. Goldberg sqaush matches, starts like Sting, Steiner, Nash, and Flair sharing the spotlight. All in all my favorite part of the show was the Mick Foley vignette. Wrestling or not one thing Mick Foley will always do is deliver a great interview. The line about the screams missing from Hardcore wrestling was brilliant. Keep up the good work man. And I'll be reading from here on." Squash matches make us all quiver. We here at wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com reckon WCW lost the plot with too many squashes. Goldberg is cool though, mmkay? Remember, the war is on with the WWF, "They started this, not me." [IMG]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare7/rambo/1.13.57-6thframe-se.JPG[/IMG] [*]Fonz Mackem writes in again regarding SuperBrawl Revenge "I think that the heels will come out on top in the two main matches. I'm going to bet on someone like Tommy Dreamer or The Sandman as Mick Foley's first member." Tommy Dreamer or Sandman? Interesting. Guess they would certainly adhere to the hardcore persona the Hardcore Evolution is promising. I wouldn't like to meet either in a dark alley. Say Hi to Chachi for us. [IMG]http://www.dickgautier.com/caricatures/the-fonz.jpg[/IMG] [*]Lt Mikey G wrote this in from the trenches of Afghanistan "A few notes. I'm most interested to see just who Mick Foley's special defender will be in this bought against Rick Steiner. I still think Steiner will take it just because it will further the angle along if he defeats the opponent and gives Foley the chance to bring another hardcore wrestler on. This kinda reminds me of the angle with Raven/Larry Zybsko. The other match I'm interested in is the Main Event. While I'm looking foward to Kanyon's push I don't think that he's going to be able to take out Booker T just yet." It seems the mystery opponent may be a seller at SuperBrawl Revenge after all? Please 6, then F4, see what happens. [IMG]http://www.juegomania.org/Rambo+First+Blood+Part+II/preview/c64/0/415/Foto+Rambo+First+Blood+Part+II.jpg[/IMG] [*]Keef "Sailor" Moon wrote this in I love this mean style Foley, the feel I'm getting is he's quite bitter and angry, much better than the happy smily WWF commish version. Can't wait to see who is part of his revolution, hopefully another big ECW guy to take WCW to the extreme. I always thought that as WWF pulled away from WCW that a riskier product for WCW could have been helpful. Still loving the diary mate, it's the first one I look for. Out of interest, have you got a long term future planned, as in who you want headlining, what main events, champions etc in six months to a years time? Great diary (still). Keep it up. PS Loving the Kanyon push, he's fitting well in the main event scene." Is that the nWo signal she's flashing? We tried to get into WCW headquarters to get a copy of their long term plans, but were foiled by the guard dog. The odds were stacked against a safe return from Castle Wolfendubbaceedubbya. [IMG]http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Sailor-Moon-Poster-C10278514.jpeg[/IMG] Keef [IMG]http://www.dognews.com/pedigreegallery/non_sporting/images/POODLES-MINIATURE.jpg[/IMG] Guard Dog [*]Ray Sebsplex from the Great American Run Society writes in "I have to say, I'm pulling for Team Russo and I can't see the first member of Mick Foley's Hardcore Evolution losing at this point, for the sake of the angle's momentum if more than anything." We should never, ever, ever forget WCW's shameful history of highlighting big things and falling well short. Lets never forget... [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d2/Reisyeti.jpg/180px-Reisyeti.jpg[/IMG] Yeti [IMG]http://therealscandy.free.fr/wrestling/image/shock.jpg[/IMG] Shockmaster [IMG]http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Glacier_WCW.jpg[/IMG] Glacier [IMG]http://albums.mouseplanet.com/MPPromotional/muppets_season1_3.jpg[/IMG] Natural evolution suggests that this is the next WCW protege. [*]Iron Mike Stallion wrote this in "Here are some thoughts on the last show. I absolutely love what is going on with Kanyon and Booker T, the attack really set up a classic match beween the two. Booker plays the fighting champion perfectly. Love Jerry Lynn as Mr. Wrestling III The Team Flair vs. Team Russo angle is awesome. I cant wait to see how it turns out. The promo from Mick Foley is actually getting me excited for the hardcore division again. Lets see if you can deliver on the actual wrestling." I hope Tim Woods is happy with Jerry Lynn being seen as somewhat of a wrestling inspiration of his with this character. Tim Woods is the king of wrestling in my book, any man who sticks with kayfabe despite being in a plane crash, to make sure a territories heat remains strong is an awesome contributor to our sport. Mick Foley may be hardcore, but any man who takes pride in devouring another man's ear is the king of hardcore to me. [IMG]http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/gotmilk.jpg[/IMG] [*]Sorry if we missed any of your emails, we tried to get through as many as we could in between emails from Joe Bigone about how we can improve our penile size with a few magic pills, and of course, surfing for MILFs in action. [/LIST][/QUOTE] [B][U]Mick Foley Vignette[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A prerecorded Vignette hit at the top of Fire [*]It came from the leader of the Hardcore Evolution, Mick Foley [*]Again the image was murky, and came from a dark, disturbing basement [*]In the background was a gillotine [*]Next to that was a bare wired baseball bat [*]Blood was dripping off the forrid of Mick Foley into a dish in front of him [*]Next to him was a bottle, with a red liquid, assumed to be blood [*]Mick Foley said in an eery voice that blood was the ebodiment of human life [*]He said that people had to realise there was no more precious commodity than blood in a human life [*]He said hardcore wrestling involved sacrificing your blood [*]By the bottle full [*]He let out an eery laugh [*]He turned the bottle around, it was marked "Hardcore Evolution Protege #1, First Training Session" [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Goldberg v "The Animal" Dave Bautista[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Mouth of the South duly brought his client to the ring [*]And then duly watched as within a matter of seconds [*]After delivering a crunching clothesline on Goldberg [*]He was feet first to the cieling, with blood rushing to his head... [*]JACKHAMMER!!! [*]1..2...3 [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Nature Boy" is excited![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, as Goldberg looked to leave the ring, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the top of the ramp dressing in an Armani Suit [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]He told Dayton.. Ohio that they were witnessing the star attraction of Team Flair [*]If not all of WCW [*]If not all of the professional wrestling world [*]Flair told the fans that even he, at his peak, would be fearful of that [*]...285 pounds of pure power [*]Pure adrenalin [*]WOOOO!!!! [*]Team Flair is looking good, diamonds are forever... WOOO!!!! And so is WCW! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Sting vignette on Big Poppa Pump[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vignette played with Sting sitting in the rain looking out over the ocean [*]Rain dripped down over his face [*]But he remained stone cold emotionless [*]The word 'Coward' runs across the screen as Big Poppa Pump is shown flexing his muscles, to a red blood tainted background [*]Sting merely looks out over the ocean, emotionless [*]The word 'Fraud' runs across the screen as Big Poppa Pump swings the lead pipe [*]Sting merely looks out over the ocean, emotionless [*]A child's voice talks "In a time of war, in a time of misery, a great warrior must summons up from the depths of despair and rise like a phoenix from the Ashes..." [*]Footage is shown of Sting pointing the bat in challenge towards Big Poppa Pump before flashing back to Sting sitting overlooking the water [*].."When nothing is black or white, when nothing is clear, when the knife gets turned by the second, one man must stand tall, as a paragon of moral virtue.... This...is.....Sting!" [*]The next shot is Sting standing emotionless in the rain, with the baseball bat pointing directly at the camera [*]A violent lightning flash flares across the sky, before the screen obliterates into a sea of white [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Sting and Big Poppa Pump tonight![/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Tony Schiavone quickly reminds fans that "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump, of Team Russo, has agreed to take on Sting from Team Flair one on one tonight [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "The Cat" Ernest Miller[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Cat gave Juventud Guerrera five seconds to leave the belt and flee from the Karate Champion [*]1... [*]2... [*]3... [*]OUCH! [*]Neckbreaker from Juventud [*]The Cat tried to mount some offence with a barrage of stiff kicks [*]But each time he looked as if he'd get a cover Juventud was able to kick out or find the ropes [*]Juventud grabbed The Cat when he tried one side kick that missed, and rolled him up into an inside cradel....1....2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]Ankle lock time[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn rushed to the ring and took Juventud down with a single leg take down [*]He then proceeded to put Juventud in a freakish ankle lock [*]Juventud tried to tap out [*]But without it being a sanctioned match it was no good [*]Jerry Lynn kept the hold applied, showing his amazing technical skills in getting in a good body position to keep it applied [*]Finally, after a couple of minutes, three wrestlers, Bam Bam Bigelow, AJ Styles, and Big Vito ran down to ringside to rush Juventud away [*]Jerry Lynn picked up the belt that was sitting in the corner, and gave it a kiss before walking out of the arena as medical help came for Juventud [/LIST][/QUOTE] B- [B][U]"The Chosen One" rips on Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett was interrupted by Pamela Paulshock [*]Jarrett had a Darth Vader mask on [*]Pamela asked what he was doing [*]Jarrett said he was the Chosen One, and had all the Stro... I mean, it's Vader Time, me Vader, fe-fi-fo-fum [*]Pamela Paulshock asked why he was putting himself in such a situation upsetting Vader [*]Jarrett asked for Pamela to listen up you slap.. I mean, that Darth Vader was going to fight hard at SuperBrawl Revenge, and then finally admit it... Jeff, you are my master [*]Pamela asked if he meant father [*]Jarrett said Slapnut, I'm Vader, fi-fe-fo-fum, I'm not human, I'm the son of Chewbacca... [*]He then walked off with Pamela Paulshock shaking her head [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Vader v "The King of Old School" Steve Corino[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Steve Corino attempted to use some old school take downs to try and take the mammoth Vader off his feet [*]Mostly to no avail [*]Vader did end up in a single leg grapevine, courtesy of a takedown from Corino [*]But the tide turned when he kicked him off into the turnbuckle [*]He then got up... and SQUASHED Corino! [*]Corino fell forward ... cover....1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" attempts to attack Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, Jeff Jarrett rushed to the ring and swung the guitar at the head of Vader [*]Who went down in a heap [*]Jarrett continued to give Vader a verbal barrage before celebrating in the opposite corner [*]However... Vader sat up! [*]Upon realising Vader was up, Jarrett fled, with Vader slitting his throat at Jarrett [*]The final shot before the ad break was of Vader's mystique head piece, spelling out a plume of steam [*]The lights went out, and the steam was illimunated... [*]It read... "Your fate is sealed" [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair talks to Mean Gene Okerland[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Mean Gene sat down with Ric Flair prior to tonight's broadcast [*]He asked how confident Team Flair were of success at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]Flair said he had nothing but contempt for Team Russo, he said Diamond Dallas Page, Shane Douglas and Big Poppa Pump, along with Vince Russo were a disgrace to the sport that loved, and he held them in ultimate contempt for their actions [*]He said Team Flair was standing proud of traditions, of earning your stripes from your actions in the squared circle [*]And with that mindset, they would conquer at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]Mean Gene asked Ric if he thought about what he would do if he was beaten out of WCW [*]Flair told Okerland he had not even thought about it, it hadn't even crossed his mind [*]He said he was sure if anything did by unforeseen reasons go wrong, that he was sure he could get a job out of Conneticutt [*]He said he still had contacts up there [*]But that WCW was the real deal, and as far as he was concerned, diamonds are forever, and so is WCW and Ric Flair [*]Mean Gene asked if he had had any support from his previous allies and enemies [*]He said he'd been hit with a barrage of calls and emails asking if they could help - he said Steamboat, Arn Anderson, even guys like Greg Valentine realised the importance of the match and had offered to help [*]Gene asked if he'd taken it up [*]Flair said he had complete faith in Goldberg, the unstoppable human wrecking machine, Sting, the master of absorbing pain and using a calm aura to work his way to victory, and Rey Mysterio Jr, the most prodigious high flying talent this side of Mils Mascaras [*]Gene asked Flair if he had any particular problems with Vince Russo [*]Flair laughed, and said that both Russo and Eric Bischoff were egotistical pigs who almost put WCW completely out of business [*]Gene thanked Flair for his time [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"The King of Bling Bling" Diamond Dallas Page and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas v Oppositely Hardcore ("Mr Wiggle" Norman Smiley and Crowbar)[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Oppositely Hardcore screamed for the majority of the match [*]Well, Smiley and their manager Daffney in particular as they were treated to a wrestling master class from Diamond Dallas Page and Shane Douglas [*]Two men with about three decades in the industry between them [*]After a brief beat down, Douglas hit the Franchiser on Crowbar...1...2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Booker T/Positively Kanyon video[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played showing the intense rivalry between Booker T and Chris Kanyon [*]With the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line in a TLC match at SuperBrawl Revenge! [*]The commentators speculated about the extent of Booker T's injuries and whether or not he could even compete at SuperBrawl Revenge [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Torrie and Lance[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Torrie Wilson was in Lance Storm's dressing room [*]Lance seemed in a more amorous mood tonight [*]He even gave her a bottle of perfume [*]She sprayed it, but acted as if it gave off a wierd smell [*]Storm said if he could be a serious for a moment, he wanted to explain what it was [*]Bottled Flavoured Cow Manure from Boise Idaho [*]He said that since he had given her something from her home, that she should give something from his home [*]She asked what she meant? [*]He asked her to stand up [*]He walked over and quickly tugged at her dress, which surprise surprise came down [*]...REVEALING A US FLAG! [*]Lance Storm asked what this was? [*]Torrie said she'd been given it by an admirer [*]Storm asked who [*]Torrie told him Johnny the Bull [*]He told Torrie that there was only one true way to decide on who Torrie stays with [*]Torrie thanked him and said it was good to see he was going to give her the opportunity to decide who she loved [*]Storm told her no, that the real way to settle a situation like this was in the ring - so he'd be making sure Johnny the Bull learnt that she was his... at SuperBrawl Revenge! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Miss Hanc*ck challenges on behalf of "Positively" Chris Kanyon[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]In the ring, the beautiful Miss Hanc*ck stood with "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]She said that no man could beat "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]And she also said that wrestling was a man's game [*]And to prove the ability of professional wrestiers, she invited a member of the audience to come down and wrestle [*]A man in a purple suit, with a purple mask jumped the aisle guard rail to accept the challenge - his costume read "El Mysterere" [*]Kanyon couldn't stop laughing, before blowing a kiss to Miss Hanc*ck [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Positively" Chris Kanyon v "El Mysterere"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Chris Kanyon dominated the match early on [*]But despite his continual working over of his opponent, his opponent kept kicking out [*]When Kanyon went for the Flatliner, El Mysterere pushed him away [*]Kanyon began to get frustrated, which gave El Mysterere the chance to fight back [*]Kanyon was startled [*]El Mysterere went for an inside cradel... reverse roll through, reverse again, reverse again... both men's shoulders on the mat...1...2....3! Double pinfall! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]"El Mysterere" unmasked[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, with Kanyon looking on in horror, "El Mysterere" unmasked to reveal... [*]BOOKER T! [*]Kanyon tried to attack, Booker T ducked a clothesline... BOOK-END!!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Sting v "Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A vicious match [*]Sting took blow for blow from the Genetic Freak powerhouse [*]Blow after thundering blow [*]Even a couple of low blows, which seemed to have no effect, as they had no effect on Nitro [*]As Pump looked on in horror, Sting pulled out a cup from under his tights!! [*]Big Poppa Pump was incensed and demanded a disqualification allowing Sting the chance for a roll-up [*]Big Poppa Pump kicked out [*]The fight carried on with bitter blow after bitter blow being traded [*]Backwards and forth, backwards and forth [*]Blood spewed everywhere from the violent brawl [*]Big Poppa Pump took Sting up to the top of the turnbuckle... [*]No... [*]Don't... [*]No way... [*]We all know what nearly happened to Booker T's career... [*]No way... [*]SUPERPLEX!!!! [*]Backwards!!! Through the announce table!!!!!! [*]The referee looked out in shock, as did the fans and commentators... [*]1...2....3....4....5... [*]No sign of movement [*]...6.....7....8.....9.... [*]10 [*]This one's over [*]Double count out! [*]Double count out! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A Rating: A Attendence: 6,390 Fire drew 3,343,827 on CBS. AJ Styles suffered a swollen elbow at Fire.

Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read :cool:

Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read :cool:

WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is :D ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great.

WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is :D ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great.

I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man.

I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man.

Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA [QUOTE]Tristram, just thought you’d like some fan mail to answer to for your next show. A minor gripe that I embellished a little to make look even worse. Honestly, I love your diary, keep up the good work mmkay.[/QUOTE]

Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA [QUOTE]Tristram, just thought you’d like some fan mail to answer to for your next show. A minor gripe that I embellished a little to make look even worse. Honestly, I love your diary, keep up the good work mmkay.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mackem;144777]Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read :cool:[/QUOTE] I think it might have had some comical value. The image I had of "El Mysterere" was like a young Rey Mysterio Jr in the purple bodysuit. I think it would have been obvious, but there's two things from that A) How many times does a referee or a wrestler miss something that the whole audience sees B) Is Kanyon really that smart? [QUOTE=The Stallion;144825]WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is :D ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. This show and Glycerine are hopefully just fued builder material for SuperBrawl Revenge. Friday Fire, Saturday Glycerine, Sunday SuperBrawl Revenge, Monday Nitro, 4 days, 4 shows... as Ric Flair would say, WOOO!! [QUOTE=Hamsalad;144927]Oh com'n, everyone knew that El Mysterere was Booker T...[/QUOTE] Of course. But that was part of why it was booked that way. I like heels to have certain fallacies to be played on, Kanyon has two, first he's a bit of a weasal, secondly he's not the sharpest thumb tack. [QUOTE=sebsplex;144934]I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the words. I'm glad you're enjoying the Lance Storm/Johnny the Bull storyline. I was an old sap for the likes of Miss Elizabeth in the day, and while those sorts of storylines will never be matched they certainly lit the candle for good romance storylines. [QUOTE=jagilki;144949]I'm a long time "viewer". I have to say, this is a great show. The Sting, segment? perfect. "El Mysterere", was kind of obvious, but was still fun to watch. I love seeing Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm getting air time.[/QUOTE] Yep, it was obvious fo' sure. I'm glad people enjoyed the Sting vignette. My favourite memories of Sting weren't surfer Sting, or "It's SHOWTIME" Sting, but the Sting that haunted from the rafters like a vulture seeking redemption and trust. [QUOTE=Imarevenant;144954]Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA[/QUOTE] Thanks for the opinion Joe :) Honestly, I am looking for both pros, and cons so I do appreciate it. I'll take that on board. I try to have everyone as being "fallable", having weaknesses, I guess even having fears. I personally think we all attach ourselves to particular professional wrestlers not on their strengths, but on their weaknesses and attribute some sort of courage on them for overcoming them in the face of adversity. Take Hulk Hogan v Andre for example, Hulk by way of size was the underdog. But we connected with him on that basis. Take Rey Mysterio Jr beating Kevin Nash, we connected with him on the unlikelihood of it all. I really think the truly great characters have known weaknesses and flaws, and I almost think the real WCW covered that up a lot, taking away the human attachment to the point where you almost knew what was going to happen, whereas over on RAW is WAR in the attitude era, you really didn't. Even Undertaker, Kane and the likes had areas of susceptibility. Whereas in WCW, Nash for example really didn't, unless it was a BS finish to keep his flag flying high in the face of a loss. A perfect example of how WCW destroyed character integrity in that regard was the booking of Starrcade 1997 - IMO, one of the greatest ever build ups for the Sting/Hogan match. But, look at the storylines in the match itself. Sting was basically wasted. ? Before that he'd destroyed the entire nWo. Sting was pinned by leg drop from Hogan, but didn't kick out, yet Bret Hart comes and restarts the match. Sting gets the win from scorpion deathlock, when if you watch it, Hogan doesn't seem to give in. All of a sudden, the belt was put on a guy and after it made all the sense in the world, it made no sense, yet Hogan was happy. Surely even Hogan had to have flaws and vincibility. And then from there, they didn't even take advantage of any heat for Hart and Hogan. The other thing, Kanyon has had a succession of victories over big name opponents, including Goldberg. Hope some of that makes sense, and I really did enjoy the question... and yes, I will pay it out from the Mailbag at Glycerine :D :D

[QUOTE=Mackem;144777]Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read :cool:[/QUOTE] I think it might have had some comical value. The image I had of "El Mysterere" was like a young Rey Mysterio Jr in the purple bodysuit. I think it would have been obvious, but there's two things from that A) How many times does a referee or a wrestler miss something that the whole audience sees B) Is Kanyon really that smart? [QUOTE=The Stallion;144825]WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is :D ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. This show and Glycerine are hopefully just fued builder material for SuperBrawl Revenge. Friday Fire, Saturday Glycerine, Sunday SuperBrawl Revenge, Monday Nitro, 4 days, 4 shows... as Ric Flair would say, WOOO!! [QUOTE=Hamsalad;144927]Oh com'n, everyone knew that El Mysterere was Booker T...[/QUOTE] Of course. But that was part of why it was booked that way. I like heels to have certain fallacies to be played on, Kanyon has two, first he's a bit of a weasal, secondly he's not the sharpest thumb tack. [QUOTE=sebsplex;144934]I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the words. I'm glad you're enjoying the Lance Storm/Johnny the Bull storyline. I was an old sap for the likes of Miss Elizabeth in the day, and while those sorts of storylines will never be matched they certainly lit the candle for good romance storylines. [QUOTE=jagilki;144949]I'm a long time "viewer". I have to say, this is a great show. The Sting, segment? perfect. "El Mysterere", was kind of obvious, but was still fun to watch. I love seeing Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm getting air time.[/QUOTE] Yep, it was obvious fo' sure. I'm glad people enjoyed the Sting vignette. My favourite memories of Sting weren't surfer Sting, or "It's SHOWTIME" Sting, but the Sting that haunted from the rafters like a vulture seeking redemption and trust. [QUOTE=Imarevenant;144954]Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA[/QUOTE] Thanks for the opinion Joe :) Honestly, I am looking for both pros, and cons so I do appreciate it. I'll take that on board. I try to have everyone as being "fallable", having weaknesses, I guess even having fears. I personally think we all attach ourselves to particular professional wrestlers not on their strengths, but on their weaknesses and attribute some sort of courage on them for overcoming them in the face of adversity. Take Hulk Hogan v Andre for example, Hulk by way of size was the underdog. But we connected with him on that basis. Take Rey Mysterio Jr beating Kevin Nash, we connected with him on the unlikelihood of it all. I really think the truly great characters have known weaknesses and flaws, and I almost think the real WCW covered that up a lot, taking away the human attachment to the point where you almost knew what was going to happen, whereas over on RAW is WAR in the attitude era, you really didn't. Even Undertaker, Kane and the likes had areas of susceptibility. Whereas in WCW, Nash for example really didn't, unless it was a BS finish to keep his flag flying high in the face of a loss. A perfect example of how WCW destroyed character integrity in that regard was the booking of Starrcade 1997 - IMO, one of the greatest ever build ups for the Sting/Hogan match. But, look at the storylines in the match itself. Sting was basically wasted. ? Before that he'd destroyed the entire nWo. Sting was pinned by leg drop from Hogan, but didn't kick out, yet Bret Hart comes and restarts the match. Sting gets the win from scorpion deathlock, when if you watch it, Hogan doesn't seem to give in. All of a sudden, the belt was put on a guy and after it made all the sense in the world, it made no sense, yet Hogan was happy. Surely even Hogan had to have flaws and vincibility. And then from there, they didn't even take advantage of any heat for Hart and Hogan. The other thing, Kanyon has had a succession of victories over big name opponents, including Goldberg. Hope some of that makes sense, and I really did enjoy the question... and yes, I will pay it out from the Mailbag at Glycerine :D :D

[QUOTE=Astil;144992]I thought El Mystere might have been Foley's 1st Hardcore man making an early apperance. But alas, I was wrong :D[/QUOTE] Me too! Me thinks I'm a little slow at the moment... [QUOTE=Imarevenant;144954]Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA[/QUOTE] i can see what you're saying, and i was disappointed at it but it was so unexpected i didnt mind it. for me, wrestling is at its best when you have no idea what will happen or who will win. and also, how many times are we gonna see a challenger beat everyone on the way to a title shot, this way i feel less like kanyon is a viable contender but more like there are loads of people that could win the title, making the title picture thrive and every feud becomes believeable. while i respect your opinion, and it is a good opinion, personally i have to tip my imaginary hat to tristram for giving us a realistic, thriving title picture. oh, and by the way tristram- still loving the diary man. keep it coming its awesome. no disrespect to anyone as there are some mighty fine diaries out there but this is the measuring stick. :)

[QUOTE=Astil;144992]I thought El Mystere might have been Foley's 1st Hardcore man making an early apperance. But alas, I was wrong :D[/QUOTE] Me too! Me thinks I'm a little slow at the moment... [QUOTE=Imarevenant;144954]Wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. Joe from CA[/QUOTE] i can see what you're saying, and i was disappointed at it but it was so unexpected i didnt mind it. for me, wrestling is at its best when you have no idea what will happen or who will win. and also, how many times are we gonna see a challenger beat everyone on the way to a title shot, this way i feel less like kanyon is a viable contender but more like there are loads of people that could win the title, making the title picture thrive and every feud becomes believeable. while i respect your opinion, and it is a good opinion, personally i have to tip my imaginary hat to tristram for giving us a realistic, thriving title picture. oh, and by the way tristram- still loving the diary man. keep it coming its awesome. no disrespect to anyone as there are some mighty fine diaries out there but this is the measuring stick. :)

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1425/coollogocom1115933kw8.jpg[/IMG] WCW Glycerine, Saturday, Week 3, March 2001 Live from the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center, Alabama Live on NBC[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/Arenas/birminghamjcc.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Mailman Delivers[/U][/B] [IMG]http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/nbapreview_malone.jpg[/IMG] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Hello there and welcome to another [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] run down of Glycerine, on the Eve of SuperBrawl Revenge! [*]First off, as per usual, we delve into the mailbag. [*]The first email today comes to us from Jimbo Mackem, a plumber from Austin, Texas, like his daddy did "Another great show mate. I especially liked the imagery portrayed in the Foley and Sting vignettes. The El Mysterere thing worked well in text (I know idea where it was going, honest), do you think it would have been obvious if you watched it live? Who gave AJ the swollen eye? He should go after him haha Great read " I guess that question is the $6m question. Almost as significant as who framed Roger Rabbit in my eyes. I spoke to AJ before the show, he just said it was a bit of a freak accident, the swollen elbow. I asked him to elaborate, but he just shrugged his shoulders and said when you're a long time on the road on your own, certain arm muscles get a thorough working over. Hope you don't get too many blockages to unblock from that particular exercise out in the Lone Star State? [IMG]http://www.ccasantafe.org/temp_images/unexpected%20plumbers%20crack.jpg[/IMG] [*]Jimmy "The Stallion" writes this in; "WOW, is all I should say about that last show. Simple awesome. The Floey promo and the Sting promo were absolutly fantastic mood setters. Every fued was build up beatifully in this show. I love the Lance Storm Torri Wilson stuff, pure gold in my opinion. The ending was off the charts (even though I could not see either man doing that in real life) and another great way to build up the match at the PPV for the total ownership of WCW. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going tobe the end of The Nature Boy. Dont know why I just have a gut feeling. I have to admit that this is one of the best (if not the best) diary on the boards right now (well except for my own that is ). I actually have an emotional attachment to everything that has happened in WCW. Its simply great" Interesting thoughts on Naitch. It'll be a sad day if it is really the end of Ric Flair, although rumours going around the halls of [url]www.wrestlingisgoodmmkay.com[/url] suggests that it is. It's suggested that Flair's personal life has had some recent turbulent times, and he's asked for time out from professional wrestling to get his priorities right in life. Thanks for sending in the personal photo too. Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi [IMG]http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/09/man.jpg[/IMG] [*]Cousin Eddie Hamsalad sent this in "Oh com'n, everyone knew that El Mysterere was Booker T..." Yep, a pure booking blunder from WCW right there. How's the plate in the head going? [IMG]http://ultrawarp.com/chevy/NewStuffToAd/Christmas%20Vacation/eddie_leisure.jpg[/IMG] [*]Local shoesalesman Al "Sebsplex 4 touch downs in one game" Bundy send this in "I have to say, I thought the Sting vignette was really well executed. I also have to say, I'm quite digging the Storm/Stamboli feud... it seems so old school (well os to me) that I'm liking it. Reminds me of the days when a decent midcard meant more. Now I'm just rambling... nice show anyway man." You like old school? Cool, because in a months time, WCW will head back to being booked by Eric Bischoff, with assistance from Bill Watts. Yep, the whole gang will be back, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Lex Luger, Billy Graham, S.D. Jones, Johnny Rodz and Erik Watts. It'll be a great show, I think they're calling it Retro Dinosaurs. Yay. [IMG]http://www.bundyology.com/bal2.jpg[/IMG] [*]Tom Jagilki from Kansas wrote this in; "I'm a long time "viewer". I have to say, this is a great show. The Sting, segment? perfect. "El Mysterere", was kind of obvious, but was still fun to watch. I love seeing Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm getting air time" We honestly thought it was Kane from the World Wrestling Federation, but that his mask had gone through with the whites in the washing machine too many times. Hope Kansas is going good, dang ol'. [IMG]http://www.anniescostumes.com/18580.jpg[/IMG] [*]Iamarevenant from the Staten Island Catholic Church writes in "Ok, I’m I the only one that’s having trouble with the Kanyon/Booker T feud. Honestly how can I take Kanyon as a serious threat to Booker T after he was completely squashed by Goldberg just a week ago? So Kanyon is supposed to be a viable contender for the top prize in WCW but he can’t hold his own against Goldberg? And yes, I understand Goldberg is a monster and is set up to squash people. I have no problem with him squashing the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow, but I do have to raise an eyebrow to him killing the #1 contender’s momentum in one match. " I talked this over with Vince Russo before, and he promised me that Standards and Practises would take care of that. Keep the good faith going Reverant Ima. [IMG]http://haringliwanag.pansitan.net/uploaded_images/sf%20priest%20and%20friend-750669.jpg[/IMG] [*]Eric Astil from Chi-town writes in "I thought El Mystere might have been Foley's 1st Hardcore man making an early apperance. But alas, I was wrong" [IMG]http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg[/IMG] [*]Keith "Moon" Richards writes in RE: Thinking El Mysterere was Mick Foley's first man "Me too! Me thinks I'm a little slow at the moment..." [IMG]http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg[/IMG] " can see what you're saying, and i was disappointed at it (i freaking hate goldberg) but it was so unexpected i didnt mind it. for me, wrestling is at its best when you have no idea what will happen or who will win. and also, how many times are we gonna see a challenger beat everyone on the way to a title shot, this way i feel less like kanyon is a viable contender but more like there are loads of people that could win the title, making the title picture thrive and every feud becomes believeable. while i respect your opinion, and it is a good opinion, personally i have to tip my imaginary hat to tristram for giving us a realistic, thriving title picture." It certainly appears quite active. It hasn't been this good at world title level since Bruno Sammartino whalloped the Yanks for years and years and years without fail. Hope Mick's holding up well. [IMG]http://www.iorr.org/iorr27/kruger2.jpg[/IMG] [*]Well guys, thats all we have time for in this edition, remember, too much freeze framing of Miss Hanc*ck will send you blind. Onto the show. [/LIST][/QUOTE] [B][U]"The Fallen Angel" promises victory[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels stands at an alter, with organ music grinding to a close [*]He tells us that this is the word of the lord, according to the book of the Fallen Angel [*]He says that on SuperBrawl day the Fallen Angel rose from the dead [*]To conquer his mere mortal foes one last time [*]And that my friends, is prophesized in the holy book [*]This is the gospel, according to the Fallen Angel [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett v Bryan Clarke[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]The Tennessee native opens this one up against one half of KroniK [*]Of course the rumour mill is plentiful today with news that Bryan Clarke's contract is approaching it's expiry [*]At that rumour wouldn't surprise, going by the sheer and utter domination from Jeff Jarrett, a man a lot less in physical stature than Bryan Clarke [*]Jarrett hit the Stroke with ease, and collected the pinfall [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]"The Chosen One" speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Following the match, "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett asked for his music to be cut [*]He said that he was sick and tired of hearing how Vader would do this, and Vader would do that [*]He said he was sick of walking backstage to Vader this, Vader that [*]And that at SuperBrawl Revenge, he'd show the wrestling world yet again why he has all the Stroke around this place, Vader - choke on that Super-Slapnut! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash on "Nashing Out"[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Kevin Nash had his "Nashing Out" set set up [*]He said tonight there would be no guests [*]He said no one was welcome tonight [*]He said tonight was the night big dawg slept, and awoke to take on the little chihuahua, Chavo Guerrero Jr at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]He told Chavo Guerrero Jr that he'd taken him lightly in the past, but not anymore [*]And that at SuperBrawl Revenge, Big Sexy, would get his Super Revenge [/LIST][/QUOTE] C+ [B][U]Goldberg v Terry Funk[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Terry Funk tried to stop Goldberg's invincibility with a series of completely old school moves [*]Dodges [*]Fakes [*]Pokes to the eye [*]Low blows [*]Any stalling tactics he could find [*]But eventually his luck ran out, as he fell prey to the SPEAR... JACKHAMMER combo...1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Goldberg attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the match, "The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump and the "Franchise" Shane Douglas came down to the ring, complete with Pump's lead pipe [*]They lined Goldberg up and Douglas was able to hold Goldberg back while Big Poppa Pump wound up [*]However, from the crowd came "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr who was able to get to the lead pipe before Big Poppa Pump could connect [*]Rey went for Shane Douglas, and hit a head scissors take down, Douglas rolled out of the ring [*]And Goldberg SPEARED Big Poppa Pump! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]Contract Signing[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After the ad-break, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair stands in the ring with a table and a stack of paper on the table desk [*]He tells the fans that at SuperBrawl Revenge, WOOO!!! By Gawd, the greatest belt in the world will be defended for the first ever time in a Tables... [*]Ladders.... [*]And Chairs match [*]WOOO!!! [*]Diamonds are forever, and so is WCW people [*]He called out the challenger, "Positively" Chris Kanyon [*]"Positively" Chris Kanyon gained a lot of heat coming to the ring with the sultry Miss Hanc*ck [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stacykeibler/28.jpg[/IMG] [*]Ric Flair explained to Kanyon that tomorrow night would be the highlight of his career [*]But that he'd have to give more than he's ever given before to walk out... WOOO!!! Alive and with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]Kanyon went to snatch the microphone from Flair, as Booker T's music hit [*]The WCW World Heavyweight Champion came down to the ring, with the belt proudly wrapped around his waist [*]The two men sized each other off, before Booker T spoke [*]He said sucka, you really are the most stupid person in the world [*]Kanyon shrugged his shoulders in defiance [*]Booker T said there was only one fool in the entire world who didn't realise, El Mysterere was this playa [*]Kanyon took the microphone and said that can't be true, because he didn't realise either [*]Booker T laughed, and said playa, that fool was you [*]The two men looked to get it on, but Ric Flair stood in between [*]WOOO!!! Save it boys until SuperBrawl Revenge, and if you don't, WOOO!!! I'll strip the title off both of you [*]WOOO!!! So let's make this official, Chris, if you can just sign this contract [*]Kanyon told Flair that since Booker thought he was so stupid, who better than Miss Hanc*ck to check over the contract? [*][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stacykeibler/29.jpg[/IMG] [*]The beautiful Baltimore blond gave her seal of approval, and so Chris Kanyon signed [*]Flair passed the contract to Booker T, and Booker T did the same without moving his line of sight from Chris Kanyon [*]Flair reminded the two men if there was any misdemeanours, the belt would be held up, WOOO!!! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* [B][U]Vader v "The Animal" Dave Bautista[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Bautista looked fired up [*]But not even a couple of adrenalin charged shoulder blocks could move the main mountain [*]With his third attempt he got scoop slammed [*]Vader picked him up again....VADER BOMB!!! 1..2...3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] B [B][U]Vader destruction recap[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A video played highlighting Vader's recent path of catostrophic destruction against all comers from far and wide, and the immense challenge "The Chosen One" faced at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]...It's... VADER TIME! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]"The Genetic Freak" Big Poppa Pump v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Yet another chapter in this warfare between Big Poppa Pump and Sting [*]Both men's movements were heavily restricted [*]Infact, it was any wonder that either men were wrestling tonight at all given the massive fall taken by both men last night [*]Ric Flair was on commentary during the match and he told fans that both men were ordered by doctors not to wrestle tonight [*]He told fans that Vince Russo had tried to stop Big Poppa Pump from wrestling, but Big Poppa Pump told Russo his hatred for Sting extended beyond his loyalty to Russo himself [*]Flair said he thought it was much the same with Sting - even given their tremendous relationship over the years [*]With the pace of the match slow and drawn out with both men feeling the effects of their fall, the match became a half brawl from Big Poppa Pump, and when Sting was able to extract some momentum, half a technical ground battle [*]Sting went back to his previous days, and showed off a lot of his technical expertise to try and wear down the Genetic Freak [*]But the Genetic Freak fought him off time and time again, and even spat in his face [*]This only served to fire Sting up more [*]Sting got Big Poppa Pump in the Steiner Recliner, but the immensely powerful Big Poppa Pump refused to submit [*]He held off [*]He held off [*]He kept holding off [*]The referee checked on him [*]But despite blood dripping out of a nasty wound to his forehead, Big Poppa Pump wouldn't give in [*]Evenutally he was able to use a mule kick from nowhere on Sting [*]He got back to his feet, and tried to whip Sting into the corner, but Sting reversed [*]...Stinger Splash! [*]He hurled Big Poppa Pump to the opposite corner [*]... Stinger S... NO!!! [*]Big Poppa Pump moved [*]Sting looked in agony around the ribs... [*]...Scorpion Death Drop!!! From Big Poppa Pump...cover...1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Big Poppa Pump attacks[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Post match, Big Poppa Pump was kindly handed his lead pipe, by Easy E [*]He slapped on the Steiner Recliner, using the lead pipe as extra leverage to punish the neck area of Sting [*]The referee tried to get Big Poppa Pump to stop, but the Genetic Freak threatened Nick Patrick with the lead pipe as well if he didn't put a sock in it [*]Eventually though, Big Poppa Pump was run off.... GOLDBERG!!! GOLDBERG!!! Sting looked on in anguish with a look of desbelief, ill contempt, and untold pain as Big Poppa Pump got away [/LIST][/QUOTE] B+ [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair speaks to Team Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]After Pump got away, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair strode to the top of the ramp as Goldberg attempted to help Sting up [*]Ric Flair told Goldberg and Sting that in no uncertain terms were they to expect the worst to be over [*]He said this war had been brutal, but the final apocalpytic war between good and evil would be fierce [*]He said to take no quarter, and ask for none [*]WOOO!!! [*]He said that at SuperBrawl Revenge, no matter what the two of them and Rey Mysterio Jr had accomplished in their careers, they were yet to be tested to the extremes they would [*]But he reminded them, diamonds are forever... WOOO!!!! And so is guts, fortitude, and determination, something they're very strong in [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]Backstage, Mick Foley[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, the Hardcore Icon, Mick Foley sat in the Hardcore Evolution changing room [*]In the room was broken tables [*]Worn out baseball bats with barewire around them [*]Towels covered in blood [*]And an old, black and white television screen [*]Foley laughed, and said he couldn't help but laugh at the comments of Ric Flair [*]In particular, yet to be tested to the extreme [*]He said it was ironic that Ric Flair was the one who talked down to the extreme ways of Mick Foley when he was first in World Championship Wrestling [*]He said it was ironic that Ric Flair believed that Foley's style of knock 'em down, bleed a gallon of blood style of wrestling was only stuntmanship [*]He said Flair was every bit the coward of Rick Steiner, who hadn't turned up tonight [*]He said Steiner felt it wasn't worth it, since he wasn't going to be used tonight [*]Foley told Steiner that the Hardcore Evolution way would teach him brutally at SuperBrawl Revenge [*]The Hardcore Evolution would avenge his backward thinking and remind him of the truth and consequences of professional hardcore wrestling [*]Where pay isn't important [*]But blood is [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW Television Championship "Sultan of Swing" Juventud Guerrera (c) v "Mr Wrestling III" Jerry Lynn[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Two of the best young wrestlers in the industry showing off their wares at Glycerine headed for his conclusion [*]The build up to SuperBrawl Revenge was nearly complete [*]This match was the prelude to the four corners match at SuperBrawl Revenge for the Television Championship [*]Juventud used a variety of high risk high flying moves [*]Whereas Jerry Lynn mixed some aerial skills with more technical know how [*]Jerry Lynn was taken down by Juventud with a tornado DDT! [*]He hauled Jerry Lynn back towards the corner.... 450 SPLASH! [*]1...2..3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]The Belt Goes On the Line Tonight[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]Backstage, Booker T told Pamela Paulshock that tonight he was going to prove to "Positively" Chris Kanyon why Booker T is a deserving World Heavyweight Champion [*]He said tonight he'd be putting the belt on the line against a wonderful athlete [*]One of the true greats of our time [*]Tonight, the belt would go on the line against Rey.. Mysterio...Jr... [*]Now can you dig that, sucka! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Booker T (c) v "New Generation" Rey Mysterio Jr[/U][/B] [QUOTE][LIST] [*]A very high tempo match from Rey Mysterio Jr [*]Booker T tried to control the pace as much as he could [*]But when you're up against the premier high flyer perhaps of all time it's a difficult battle [*]Rey Mysterio even brought ouf the closet some of the moves that made him such an illustrious name c. 1996 [*]His battles with Eddie Guerrero and friends at Pay-Per-Views around this era were astronomical [*]At that stage, Booker T was not even thought of as a potential World HEavywegiht Champion [*]Nor was "Positively" Chris Kanyon, who eyed Booker T off from the top of the ramp, distracting him, allowing Rey Mysterio Jr to hit a hurricanrana... [*]He held the legs...1...2....THREE!!! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!! [*]WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!! [*]NOOO!!!!! [*]The referee said Booker T's right shoulder got up in the knick of time [*]How close was that? [*]And on the attack Rey continued to go [*]But he made a mistake with a cross body block, and Booker T was able to hit a fallaway slam [*]SPINEROONI!!! [*]Rey is back up... BOOK-END!!! 1...2....3! [/LIST][/QUOTE] A* Attendence: 8,953 Rating: A There were 3,595,818 viewers on NBC! WCW rose to 75.3% popularity throughout the US... as Ric would say, WOOOO!!! The WWF sits currently at 80.3% throughout the US. WCW is also increasing exposure elsewhere in the world thanks to it's deals on CBS and NBC. Perhaps the worm is turning? ...Next up, SUPERBRAWL REVENGE!

Archived