AI booking be crazy thread

Odd or amusing things AI-controlled companies have done in your games?

To start, in the first month in every 2000's RL mod I've played, which is quite a few of them, WWE always hires the most skilled women wrestlers they can get except they are contracted as managers and not wrestlers. And since the AI never assigns managers to anybody as far as I know, I log in as Vince and try and put those valets on somebody so they aren't left off the air completely. I dunno why you're here, Luna Vachon, but you get to accompany, oh I dunno, Eddie Guerrero? I guess?

Obligatory mention to CWA in the C-Verse. Making a tag team match between Cameron Vessey and Sean McFly vs The DeColt Boys the main event of their TV show over and over and OVER again.

Not only those four, they ALWAYS made a tag match the main event for some weird reason.

Yes! I agree CWA has the craziest booking.

in my save they just gave Ariel breaks the women's title by virtue of her unimportant status in Canada and her 22 match loosing streak

cKnftmF.png

I enjoy CWA spamming the same main events over and over because it feels like a nice continuity of NOTBPW booking Jeremy Stone vs Sean McFly as a main event for 10-15 years and it winning MOTY of the year every year even with both men into their 50s. Having one money match and sticking to it come hell or high water is the Stone Family way by God (I sort of want to do a diary now, RPing the booking meetings)

Simulated 5 years in a real world mod a few times. Twice, Vince McMahon took over CWF at 26 years old, and installed Terrible Ted (the wrestling bear) as their main champion! Seeing it happen once was hilarious enough, to see that the AI pulled the same moves again made my day.

Another time I saw the WWWF have Bruno drop his title to Killer Kowalski. Then Bruno became long reigning Light Heavyweight champion until they retired the belt (abt 3 years). After which Bruno regained his World title after defeating Dick Brower. Minus the Killer as world champ part, I find most of that booking to be purely insane.

In response to CWA's repetition, I think I broke it. I usually pick-off anyone I can afford from CWA to work as gaijin talent in Japan. I think that throws things off center for them.

In a current save; it's Jay Chord, Jared Johnson, David Stone, and Diablo Duvak hot potato'ing the CWA World title around. Lightning & Thunder have won their 11th tag titles. Brooke Tyler vs Lauren Easter is the new DeColt/Vessey rivalry as it's their TV show headliner all the time. Their main events on major shows seems to improved greatly and are nothing like the constant repetition I remember when I first got the game.

In my 85-Present game

Extreme Championship Wrestling made George South a 6x ECW World Champion by 1995. George South is also a 5x ECW TV Champion, 7x Tag Team Champion with all different partners.

Speaking of ECW, they have traded the X-Division Title between Danny Boy Collins 10x winner, Teddy Hart 8x winner, and Rey Mysterio Jr 6x champion

Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner are 8x Tag Team ECW Champions.

-------------------

Same game but USPW owned and booked by Donald Trump has made Bill Eadie, Barry Darsdow, and Vladmir Petro 3x World Champions each. The Rock, who is 100 overall, has been booked to job out to their whole roster.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too out there as Magnus/Nick Aldis is great, but TNA gave him three world title reigns lasting over a year.

Reign 1: December 2013-February 2015 (granted, my game started in April 2014, so this was an in-game reign of ten months)

Reign 2: October 2015-March 2017

Reign 3: March 2018-July 2019

Then, he signed with me while he was TNA World Champion

I have assembled one of the best C-Verse rosters in 2 and a half years with SWF, but as a result, USPW and TCW have made some truly bizarre booking decisions.

I nabbed Nicky Champion off USPW about a year in, and he dropped the belt to Rich Money before he left. Fair call right? Well he held it for 6 months until he lost in in a multi man match to Tyson Baine. He is now 51, he barely wrestles except for PPVs and his physicals are truly awful, as are his matches. He's at 81 overseas, significantly less than Money, Enygma, Frehley etc, and the best match he had has been an 84 rated singles match with Running Wolf. They have built up Wolf a bit, but he loses every feud he's in and they haven't put the belt on him. Their roster is so bad at the top that I'm almost tempted to jump ship for the challenge of it.

On the TCW front, they still have Hawkins, Andrews, Chord, Taylor etc. Are any of them world champion? Of course not. It's Freddy Huggins! He has been champ for 6 months with 2 defences. He's at 79 pop and he's honestly doing nothing, it's weird.