WCW 1992: A Dangerous Alliance

------------------------------------------------------------------

WATCHING WRESTLING WITH WENDELL

WCW: IN FOCUS, JANUARY 1992 – FIRST EDITION!

WRITTEN AND EDITED BY WENDELL WHITE

Hello wrestling fans, and thank you for joining the mailing list! I must assume you’ve seen my advertisements in Pro Wrestling Illustrated and decided to take a chance on something new; which, as fate would have it, brings me to my first big scoop! Dave Meltzer and The Wrestling Observer don’t get to break this story, I do! No hard feelings, Dave (big fan, by the way); I’m sure he’ll have more details on the situation when his newsletter arrives in a few days. Unless his arrives first, in which case I sound like a goon right now.

After a less-than-well-received edition of Starrcade in 1991 where viewers were baffled by Bill Watts’ “Lethal Lottery” concept, World Championship Wrestling owner Ted Turner stepped in and asked where the pageantry and spectacle of the Starrcade events he so fondly remembers from the past were in this year’s edition. Taking the question as criticism of his booking and direction for the company, this led to a “hot debate” between the Cowboy and his millionaire boss. Some sources are saying Watts quit, others are saying Turner fired him: regardless of what happened, Watts is out in WCW just as they officially pull out of their National Wrestling Alliance partnership in totality.

Everything from the television shows to the magazine is expected to go through rebranding with yet another new face as the head of the company: Eric Bischoff. That’s right, second-level announcer and interview guy Eric Bischoff is now in control of WCW, and that’s just the beginning of the shake-up over there. With Watts gone, the Cowboy’s stalwart supporter Junkyard Dog is also out and The Italian Stallion was fired for voicing his displeasure over the new direction of the company with his friend Bill Watts out of the picture. Word is that Bischoff plans to only run one “A-show” and one, syndicated “B-show” as opposed to the array of syndicated programming the company has offered in the past. I’m also hearing of a deal between WCW and Disney, of all companies, to film at the MGM lot. Whether this is for the flagship show or for the B-show, which I’m hearing will be WCW Main Event, remains to be seen. Perhaps both?

Bischoff’s first order of business was commitment to WCW’s future by investing in their Power Plant training facility, as well as Power Plant Pro Wrestling out of Atlanta, Georgia. PPPW will function like an independent pro wrestling company, but utilize talent under contract to WCW– it remains to be seen if talent like Sting or Rick Rude will show up there, or if this will be a place for guys like Marcus Alexander Bagwell to learn their trade. Either way, it’s an unheard of new step into the future for professional wrestling and for World Championship Wrestling.

As many have suspected, the National Wrestling Alliance affiliation is dead and PPPW will not have any links to the NWA. Word is that Bischoff tried to get Mike Graham to reopen a territory in Florida, but Graham preferred staying onboard as a road agent and producer for WCW rather than going back to running a promotion day-to-day. It looks like an unlikely duo will be heading up the promotion instead: renowned promoter Jim Crockett Jr. and former World Wrestling Federation referee Dave Hebner will be in charge, with David Crockett and Lance Russell also joining the promotion. Rumor has it that Russell isn’t happy about being “demoted” to a smaller promotion, but Bischoff is now committed to Jim Ross as the lead announcer for WCW. Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, and Dusty Rhodes are rumored to be the main announce team going forward, with Schiavone and Bischoff handling smaller shows in syndicated markets.

Of course, with news of incoming hires comes news of outgoing terminations. Bischoff has trimmed a lot of fat from the WCW roster in addition to those who left in the wake of Watts being fired. Most notably, El Gigante and P.N. News are both gone from the company as well as some of the lesser known enhancement talents. Word is Bischoff plans to make use of local enhancement talents rather than taking a few preferred talents, like Joey Maggs, on the road.

All of this news comes as rumors of ending contract agreements for some of WCW’s top stars swirl in the background. Having already lost talent like Ric Flair and Sid Vicious (now Sid Justice for the WWF), Ricky Steamboat and Lex Luger may soon be on their way out the door as well. Steamboat is looking to renegotiate his deal with the company, and Luger’s contract is ending imminently while word backstage is that he’s very unhappy in the company. For now, it seems like Sting is almost assured to become WCW World Heavyweight Champion once again and his feud with The Dangerous Alliance will continue, with Sting vs Rude as the likely first program when Sting reclaims the belt from Luger using his Battle Bowl victory to claim a title shot at Superbrawl II.

But, wrestling and wrestlers are fickle by nature… all of this could change at the drop of a hat, and may have already changed by the time this newsletter reaches you. Maybe Lex Luger gets over his issues; maybe Ricky Steamboat signs an extended deal. Hell, maybe Sting finds himself in the WWF with career-long friend Ric Flair? Only time will tell. What I can say for sure is that it’s an interesting time for World Championship Wrestling– they have three massive shows coming up in a matter of six weeks with the New Japan Pro Wrestling Supershow in the Tokyo Dome on January 4th, followed by Clash of the Champions XVIII on TBS a couple of weeks later, and capped off by the Superbrawl II pay-per-view in early February. Surely, Eric Bischoff will be looking to these shows to cement his new position as head booker and CEO of WCW and wrestling fans all over the world will be watching along with his every move.

Well, that does it for the FIRST edition of Watching Wrestling With Wendell. I’ll be honest with you, new readers, I’m much more a WCW fan than a WWF fan, and most of my sources work down there, so you’ll be reading more about WCW than anything else here. I might break a story from time-to-time, but I’ll always have opinions and all the WCW news that’s fit to print.

Hope to see you in February!

-Wendell White.

WCW Champions Roll Call

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 6px solid #000000; margin:10px;background: #FFFFFF; max-width:50%; ";">

XVS5Zrv.png

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

GIGN1lT.jpg

sLPPZft.jpg

BIG VAN VADER

DEFEATED STING AT SUPERBRAWL II

<hr>

WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION

9XNnhTR.jpg

g6XZgVz.jpg

”RAVISHING” RICK RUDE

DEFEATED RICKY STEAMBOAT AT SUPERBRAWL II

<hr>

WCW TELEVISION CHAMPION

545moMb.jpg

KVvvaRU.jpg

“STUNNING” STEVE AUSTIN

DEFEATED BOBBY EATON AT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING, JULY WK 1, 1991

<hr>

WCW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

2HqJQEG.jpg

yhWJWjc.jpg

FLYIN’ BRIAN PILLMAN

DEFEATED JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER AT CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XVIII

<hr>

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

QWdUkAi.jpg

rDyQPbx.jpgRjmLWPz.jpg

THE ENFORCERS (ARN ANDERSON & LARRY ZBYSZKO)

DEFEATED RICKY STEAMBOAT & DUSTIN RHODES AT CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XVIII

<hr>

WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

zoR2Uj1.jpg

VTr0rHc.jpgbj2CYQX.jpg

THE STEINER BROTHERS (RICK & SCOTT STEINER)

WON VACANT TITLES AT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING, FEBRUARY WK 1, 1992

</div>

WCW Magazine, January 1992

tjY5kNg.png

WCW MAGAZINE, JANUARY 1992

STING: TODAY THE US, TOMORROW THE WORLD

When the cover photo for this edition of the magazine was taken, Sting was still WCW United States Heavyweight Champion. Not only is he known throughout the United States, but he will soon be headlining WCW and New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Supershow II in the world famous Tokyo Dome!

LET’S GET DANGEROUS!

Paul E. Dangerously has had his sights set on Sting for some time now, orchestrating several attacks on The Stinger and even helping “Ravishing” Rick Rude best the face-painted hero for the WCW United States Championship. As we enter the new year, Sting has just earned a WCW World Heavyweight Championship match against Lex Luger, which will take place at Superbrawl II! Will he be able to best The Total Package, or will Paul E. and his goons stop him? Will Sting even make it to Superbrawl at this rate?

TARGET: LEX LUGER

Several WCW wrestlers, including Sting, “Stunning” Steve Austin, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, and “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes give quotes about their plans to win a match against the WCW World Heavyweight Champion “The Total Package” Lex Luger.

THE FREEBIRDS GET BACK TO BASICS

The Fabulous Freebirds, Michael P.S. Hayes and Jimmy “Jam” Garvin, recently split from manager Diamond Dallas Page and turned their backs on his cheating ways to be embraced by the fans again. Hayes and Garvin talk about how it feels good to feel the cheers, and mention that they plan on getting a little “Freebird revenge” on DDP for leading them astray in the first place.

WCW PATRIOTS: ALL-AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY

Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion are both success stories of American pride, Chip as a firefighter and Champion as a soldier. They had also been WCW United States Tag Team Champions at the time the magazine was put to bed, but have since lost the titles to a newly cocky Young Pistols tag team of Steve Armstrong and Tracy Smothers.

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 6px solid #000000; margin:10px;background: #FFFFFF; max-width:60%; ";">

aorzvshb.png

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING/NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING SUPERSHOW II

JANUARY 4, 1992 AT THE TOKYO DOME

<hr>

1. Black Cat pinned Hiroyoshi Yamamoto with a DDT in 10:28
  2. WCW Light Heavyweight Champion Jushin Thunder Liger pinned Brian Pillman with a Liger Bomb in 13:56 to retain the title
  3. The Enforcers (Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyzsko) defeated Michiyoshi Ohara & Shiro Koshinaka when Anderson pinned Ohara following a Spinebuster in 12:32
  4. Dusty Rhodes & WCW Tag Team Champion Dustin Rhodes defeated Masa Saito & Kim Duk when Dustin pinned Duk following a Bulldog in 14:23
  5. Tony Halme pinned Scott Norton with a lariat off the middle turnbuckle in 8:41
  6. Big Van Vader pinned Shinya Hashimoto followin a Vader Bomb in 9:48
  7. Antonio Inoki defeated Hiroshi Hase via submission with the Octopus in 10:09
  8. WCW World Champion Lex Luger pinned Masahiro Chono after a forearm from the middle turnbuckle in 15:10 to retain the title; new WCW CEO Eric Bischoff presented Luger with the belt after the match
  9. Greatest 18 Champion Riki Choshu pinned IWGP Champion Tatsumi Fujinami with a Lariat in 12:11 to unify the titles
  10. Sting & the Great Muta defeated The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner) by submission when Sting forced Rick to submit to the Scorpion Deathlock in 11:03; all four men shook hands following the bout

</div>

<hr>

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 6px solid #000000; margin:10px;background: #FFFFFF; max-width:60%; ";">

775VoOmb.png

WCW MAIN EVENT

BROADCAST IN SYNDICATION

WEEKEND OF WEEK ONE - JANUARY 1992

FILMED AT DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS

<hr>

1. A music video is shown to promote The Dangerous Alliance, and their recent attacks on Sting.
  2. In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Johnny B. Badd defeated Thomas Rich in 5:36 by pinfall with a Badd Blaster.
  3. In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Van Hammer defeated Vinnie Vegas in 5:47 by pinfall following botched interference by Diamond Dallas Page.
  4. Van Hammer is celebrating his victory in the ring. Cactus Jack runs in and attacks, beating Van Hammer down into the mat.
  5. Sting had an interview hyping his upcoming match at Clash of the Champions XVIII with Rick Rude and The Dangerous Alliance.
  6. In a decent match, The Steiner Brothers defeated Abdullah the Butcher and Cactus Jack in 8:02 when Scott Steiner pinned Cactus Jack after Abdullah accidently hit him with a kendo stick.
  7. Steve Austin had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Steamboat.
  8. In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Steve Austin drew with Ricky Steamboat in 15:00 when the time limit expired on their WCW Television Championship match.

</div>

Little bit of a mea culpa here, I messed up some dates while planning the launch of this dynasty. Eric Bischoff would be taking over from Kip Frey, not Bill Watts, in January 1992. Luckily the whole "Watts is out" angle is not a huge hook for this dynasty as I'll be focusing on the booking without too much narrative-- we'll just pretend Watts' reign of terror in WCW came a little bit earlier than it did in real life. So, if you'll forgive that little oversight, I'm sure we'll all have a lot of fun on this ride!

EDIT: Even then, it would actually be Jim Herd and Kip Frey never would've been hired... what a cluster WCW management was in the early 1990's lol

Little bit of a mea culpa here, I messed up some dates while planning the launch of this dynasty. Eric Bischoff would be taking over from Kip Frey, not Bill Watts, in January 1992. Luckily the whole "Watts is out" angle is not a huge hook for this dynasty as I'll be focusing on the booking without too much narrative-- we'll just pretend Watts' reign of terror in WCW came a little bit earlier than it did in real life. So, if you'll forgive that little oversight, I'm sure we'll all have a lot of fun on this ride!

When I first read it I thought that doesn't seem right and looked it up to see when Watts was in WCW, lol. I don't ever remember hearing anything ever about Kip Frey. I just remember Herd, then Watts, forgot there was anyone in between.

NWA-WCW-World-Championship-Wrestling-Logo-e1473197113344.jpg

PREVIEW - WEEK ONE - JANUARY 1992

World Championship Wrestling returns with the first episode of 1992, featuring all of the fallout from Starrcade: Battle Bowl and more! Sting has earned himself a WCW World Heavyweight Championship match against "The Total Package" Lex Luger, but will The Dangerous Alliance prevent him from making it to Superbrawl? Our main event is The Stinger's first roadblock, a six-man tag match featuring fellow Dangerous Alliance enemies and WCW World Tag Team Champions, "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

WCW Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin faces one of his hardest challenges yet in Ron Simmons! Can Austin fight his way to another time limit draw, or will Simmons derail Stunning Steve's reign?

WCW United States Tag Team Champions The Young Pistols also face some steep competition in Michigan's own The Steiner Brothers. The Steiners have made it clear they're looking for gold in World Championship Wrestling, and now they have the Pistols in their sights.

Issues continue to boil over between Cactus Jack and the youngster Van Hammer! Will the ring be enough to contain them this Saturday?

All of this and more, this Saturday on World Championship Wrestling!

SIX-MAN TAG IN THE MAIN EVENT

STING, "THE NATURAL" DUSTIN RHODES, AND RICKY "THE DRAGON" STEAMBOAT

VERSUS

THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE

("RAVISHING" RICK RUDE, ARN ANDERSON, AND LARRY ZBYSZKO)

w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY

WCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

"STUNNING" STEVE AUSTIN ©

w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY & MADUSA

VERSUS

RON SIMMONS

WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE YOUNG PISTOLS ©

(STEVE ARMSTRONG & TRACY SMOTHERS)

VERSUS

THE STEINER BROTHERS

(RICK & SCOTT STEINER)

CACTUS JACK

VERSUS

VAN HAMMER

VADER & MR. HUGHES

VERSUS

THE WCW PATRIOTS

(FIREBREAKER CHIP & TODD CHAMPION)

ALSO IN ACTION: WCW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER, MARCUS ALEXANDER BAGWELL, AND MORE!

PREDICTION KEY

DANGEROUS ALLIANCE VS. STING/NATURAL/DRAGON

TV TITLE: STEVE AUSTIN © VS. RON SIMMONS

US TAG TITLES: YOUNG PISTOLS © VS. STEINER BROTHERS

CACTUS JACK VS. VAN HAMMER

VADER & MR. HUGHES VS. WCW PATRIOTS

DANGEROUS ALLIANCE VS. STING/NATURAL/DRAGON

They're going to cheat! Paul E. is going to do something dastardly and Natural takes the fall.

TV TITLE: STEVE AUSTIN © VS. RON SIMMONS

What a match.

US TAG TITLES: YOUNG PISTOLS © VS. STEINER BROTHERS

I loved the Young Pistols but beating the Steiners? Unless it is by fluke or with interference.

CACTUS JACK VERSUS VAN HAMMER

More like Van Fired.

VADER & MR. HUGHES VS. WCW PATRIOTS

Vader squash the world.

DANGEROUS ALLIANCE*VS. STING/NATURAL/DRAGON

TV TITLE:*STEVE AUSTIN ©*VS. RON SIMMONS

US TAG TITLES: YOUNG PISTOLS © VS.*STEINER BROTHERS

CACTUS JACK VERSUS VAN HAMMER let's predict on a curve ball here. Cactus gets rage dqed

VADER & MR. HUGHES*VS. WCW PATRIOTS

Nice start to this diary, BTW. I remember watching WCW back around that time and the Dangerous Alliance vs. pretty-much-all-the-faces feud at that point was red-hot. Though WCW was still a few years from overtaking the WWF in viewership and ratings in the Monday Night War, I'd reckon that a lot of folks were still tuning in to the shows (World Championship Wrestling, Worldwide, Pro, etc.) wanting to see Paul E. Dangerously get his loud mouth shut by Sting, the Steiners or one of the other big faces.

Nice start to this diary, BTW. I remember watching WCW back around that time and the Dangerous Alliance vs. pretty-much-all-the-faces feud at that point was red-hot. Though WCW was still a few years from overtaking the WWF in viewership and ratings in the Monday Night War, I'd reckon that a lot of folks were still tuning in to the shows (World Championship Wrestling, Worldwide, Pro, etc.) wanting to see Paul E. Dangerously get his loud mouth shut by Sting, the Steiners or one of the other big faces.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I was young at this time, but I was just discovering WCW after only knowing WWF for my formative years. I can remember The Enforcers attack on Barry Windham, and The Dangerous Alliance having their sights set on Sting and every other major babyface around.

Great start and a time period that is close to my heart. I was more of a WWF guy so I am going in with almost a clean slate in terms of what WCW was like at the time.

All of this and more, this Saturday on World Championship Wrestling!

SIX-MAN TAG IN THE MAIN EVENT

STING, "THE NATURAL" DUSTIN RHODES, AND RICKY "THE DRAGON" STEAMBOAT

VERSUS

THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE

w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY

I think the heels have to pick up the win here by some kind of nefarious means

"STUNNING" STEVE AUSTIN ©

w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY & MADUSA

VERSUS

RON SIMMONS

I absolutely am a huge fan of Simmons but I think this is another one in the W column for Paul's men.

THE YOUNG PISTOLS ©

VERSUS

THE STEINER BROTHERS

(RICK & SCOTT STEINER)

This could go either way but I think it would be a statement to start the year off with the title change.

CACTUS JACK

VERSUS

VAN HAMMER

VADER & MR. HUGHES

VERSUS

THE WCW PATRIOTS

Looking forward to reading the show buddy

World Championship Wrestling

NWA-WCW-World-Championship-Wrestling-Logo-e1473197113344.jpg

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

WEEK ONE - JANUARY 1992

FROM JACKSONVILLE COLISEUM

v4pxe0J.jpgRO3hoYI.jpgwPqC9Xg.jpg

ANNOUNCE TEAM: JIM ROSS, TONY SCHIAVONE, AND DUSTY RHODES

<hr>

r1CrpWp.jpgSR2XVzQ.jpgsy4SaGN.jpgrUz3Hnh.jpg

oDlPAcn.jpgjpxDvgq.jpg5Fl63aS.jpg

The show begins with Paul E. Dangerously and all the members of his Dangerous Alliance in the ring. Dangerously questions whether Sting is a sane man to see all of the talent in the ring and still stand against them. All he had to do was sign a contract, and he'd be "Paul E. Dangerously's WCW World Heavyweight Champion" by now but, instead, Paul E. promised to bankrupt WCW and destroy all of the audience's heroes, starting with Sting, and he is not a man who makes promises he cannot keep. Sting is a marked man.

He advises the audience to look at the talent in the ring because, like it or not, 1992 is the year of The Dangerous Alliance. These men, and this woman, are the rulers of World Championship Wrestling. "Ravishing" Rick Rude, the WCW United States Champion, is also the uncrowned WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Madusa Miceli, the most gorgeous and poisonous vixen in WCW. "Stunning" Steve Austin is the WCW Television Champion, and the future of professional wrestling. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton is one of the most dangerous men in all of wrestling, and The Enforcers are exactly who the say they are: brutality personified.

Together, they are unstoppable and together they spell THE END for Sting.

<hr>

g4A9aQl.jpg2HqJQEG.jpgSVhKysr.jpg

WCW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER ©

VERSUS

SEAN ROYAL

After voicing their disgust for The Dangerous Alliance, the announcers put over Jushin Thunder Liger as a man who will defend his title at any time and at any place all over the world. Royal is noted as man who was trained by the legendary Hiro Matsuda, and called "more than deserving" of his shot here in the opening contest.

The match is an opening sprint, but one with which Royal can barely keep up. Jushin Thunder Liger looks head-and-shoulders above his competition here while the announcers put over his recent contest at the WCW/NJPW Supershow II where he defended the title against Brian Pillman in what Dusty Rhodes calls, "one heckuva match." Liger puts away his opponent with a spectacular looking Brainbuster to pick up the win and retain his title.

WINNER, AND STILL WCW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER

Tony Schiavone joins Jushin Thunder Liger in the ring after the match and announces that the WCW Board of Directors was so impressed with his match against Brian Pillman at the WCW and New Japan Pro Wrestling Supershow that they want to see the match take place on American soil once again! Therefore, at Clash of the Champion XVIII, we're going to have a Light Heavyweight Title match! Liger nods his head in approval and poses for the crowd with the title.

<hr>

sLPPZft.jpgl93EMWj.jpgWSVdhCG.jpgZZX5kpD.jpg

BIG VAN VADER & MR. HUGHES

VERSUS

THE WCW PATRIOTS

Despite their popularity and success, The WCW Patriots here are no match for the unstoppable force of Big Van Vader and Mr. Hughes. The two behemoths squash the fan favorites, picking up the win with a Vader Bomb on Todd Champion.

WINNERS: BIG VAN VADER & MR. HUGHES

<hr>

VL2bwKO.jpgvaENLtp.jpghCKEprs.jpg

MARCUS ALEXANDER BAGWELL

VERSUS

THOMAS RICH (w/ ALEXANDRA YORK)

Marcus Alexander Bagwell is put over heavily as a bright, young star in World Championship Wrestling by the announcers despite spending much of the match of defense against the wily veteran Thomas Rich. Alexandra York does some great work at ringside, but can't help her client pick up the win. Instead, Bagwell claims victory with a major vertical suplex.

WINNER: MARCUS ALEXANDER BAGWELL

r1CrpWp.jpgSR2XVzQ.jpgrUz3Hnh.jpg

After the match, Paul E. Dangerously, Madusa Miceli, and "Stunning" Steve Austin make their way into the arena while Dangerously applauds Bagwell. They enter the ring, and Dangerously tells Bagwell that he's been very impressive lately, and Paul E. likes impressive people. Later on tonight, Austin is scheduled to defend his WCW Television Championship against a contender named Ron Simmons. Instead, Steve Austin would like to defend his title against an impressive newcomer like Marcus Alexander Bagwell.

Bagwell waves the offer off, saying he's not going to stand in the way of a man like Ron Simmons and a gold belt. Dangerously looks upset, and warns Bagwell that people who refuse his offers often end up with broken bones-- just ask Barry Windham. Before Bagwell can respond, Austin goes on the attack, beating down the youngster and laying in the boots heavily.

<hr>

vbT5X9H.jpgyXAFHW3.jpg

The Fabulous Freebirds are out for an interview where the hype the upcoming debut of their new song and music video, which is all set to premiere at Clash of the Champions XVIII. They don't get very far before being interrupted by The Diamond Exchange.

lIKiF0C.jpgOO6H8Py.jpglMhbXVd.jpg

Diamond Dallas Page is out with The Diamond Studd and Vinnie Vegas. DDP mentions the currently on-sale WCW Magazine, and takes exception to The Freebirds saying they were "led astray" under his tutelage. If they had listened to him, maybe they'd be WCW Tag Team Champions by now, but instead, they're peddling corny music singles.

Michael P.S. Hayes tries to cut DDP off at that, but Studd and Vegas jump in to go on the attack. The two teams brawl for a moment before The Diamond Exchange get the better of The Freebirds. DDP ashes his cigar on Hayes as the trio walk away to end the segment.

<hr>

yPBRpCg.jpgaX4nHYc.jpgzoR2Uj1.jpgVTr0rHc.jpgbj2CYQX.jpg

THE YOUNG PISTOLS ©

VERSUS

THE STEINER BROTHERS

(RICK & SCOTT STEINER)

The Young Pistols have found nothing but success since turning their backs on the fans, but the biggest roadblocks they've faced yet come tonight in the form of The Steiner Brothers. Despite an impressive showing from the heavy favorites, Rick Steiner falls victim to the Pistols' cheating ways as Steve Armstrong puts his feet on the middle rope during a pinfall and manages to keep referee Nick Patrick from seeing the infraction to score a pinfall victory.

WINNERS, AND STILL WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: THE YOUNG PISTOLS

<hr>

sy4SaGN.jpgSR2XVzQ.jpg

"Ravishing" Rick Rude comes out with Madusa Miceli for a quick promo where he makes a challenge to Sting for Clash of the Champions XVIII. They've already got a six-man tag team match tonight, but at the Clash, how about a tag team match? Rude and any member of The Dangerous Alliance against Sting and a partner of his choosing; but, there's a catch. If The Dangerous Alliance wins tonight, he can't choose Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, or Barry Windham as his partner. Sting's about to find out how few and far between true friends are, because in WCW there is only The Dangerous Alliance and those who stand against them.

<hr>

A video is shown that recaps the recent situation between Cactus Jack and Van Hammer that also sees Abdullah the Butcher involved. It all began when Cactus ended the undefeated streak of the promising youngster and the two have been at war ever since, including earlier this week on syndicated program Main Event.

kjxs8kH.jpgAo1Lc4d.jpg

CACTUS JACK

VERSUS

VAN HAMMER

The match never really begins as Cactus Jack attacks Van Hammer during his entrance, and the pair brawl all around ringside while the referee implores them to get into the ring. They never do, however, brawling to the back with Jack eventually smacking Hammer with his own guitar.

WINNER: NO CONTEST

<hr>

rUz3Hnh.jpg545moMb.jpgqmg8HDf.jpg

"STUNNING" STEVE AUSTIN © (w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY & MADUSA MICELI)

VERSUS

RON SIMMONS

These two showed some hints of magic in the ring together, with Austin playing the perfect chickenshit heel to Simmons' powerhouse babyface. Simmons was cheered heavily by the crowd, but that didn't stop Paul E. Dangerously from whacking him in the face with his cellphone and letting him fall victim to a Stun Gun for a loss.

WINNER, AND STILL WCW TELEVISION CHAMPION: "STUNNING" STEVE AUSTIN

<hr>

Sting is backstage with Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes to address "Ravishing" Rick Rude's earlier challenge as well as tonight's main event. The Stinger says he's not afraid of anything, least of all running out of people who want to put The Dangerous Alliance in their place. So he accepts Rude's challenge, and he accepts everything Paul E. Dangerously wants to put in his way because nothing is going to stop him from claiming the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

smLceZm.jpgi9Rw5LX.jpgokWSS0J.jpg

sy4SaGN.jpgoDlPAcn.jpgfyv4FF6.jpg

STING, RICKY "THE DRAGON" STEAMBOAT, AND "THE NATURAL" DUSTIN RHODES

VERSUS

THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE

(w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY & MADUSA MICELI)

A hard fought main event with lots of action, the babyfaces shining throughout much of the match. At one point, Paul E. Dangerously finds himself ejected from ringside and his charges are livid about it. But, in the end, it proves not to even matter as Madusa Miceli removes one of her high heels and nails Dustin Rhodes in the eye with it so he falls back into a Rude Awakening for the pinfall.

WINNERS: THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE

The Dangerous Alliance celebrate in the ring to end the show, Paul E. Dangerously rejoining them and cackling as the babyfaces lick their wounds on the outside of the ring.

</div>

WCW Predictions - Jan. Wk. 1

GooverDan - 3/5

Historian - 3/5

Dalton - 3/5

Sco xY2Jx - 3/5

BigJ - 3/5

Old School Fan - 3/5

DHK1989 - 3/5

Jaysin - 3/5

Smasher1311 - 3/5

forlan - 3/5

Looks like just about everyone had the same ideas for the first episode of World Championship Wrestling in 1992, and it looks like I threw all of you some curveballs in a couple of matches. Thanks for reading and predicting everyone! I thrive on feedback and interaction, which I just didn’t seem to be getting on my last dynasty effort (which isn’t dead, just on the backburner), so it feels good to be interacting with readers again.