The Wrestling Revolution [CWA, C'Verse 2020]

oRJNGIL.jpg

Company: Canadian Wrestling Alliance

Company Description: The Canadian Wrestling Alliance was formed when the two great families of Canadian wrestling, the Stones and the DeColts joined forces in the wake of the deaths of their respective patriarchs. Both NOTBPW and CGC had been struggling to remain relevant for several years prior to this, weighed down by ageing, overfamiliar rosters and the weight of their own histories, and so by uniting they could remain strong enough to withstand the American powers of USPW and SWF. With an emphasis on combining the great ringwork of NOTBPW with the showmanship of CGC and promoting fresh new talent, the CWA has been a huge success thus far.

Product: NOTBPW-CGC Hybrid (Classic Balanced)

User Character:

MiY5rxE.jpg

Steve DeColt

b6BvNQX.jpg

EOUMHYy.jpg

CWA World Heavyweight Champion

rTjg3Hd.jpg

Sean McFly [def. Christian Price @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

3. Christian Price [Aug. 2019 - Feb. 2020]

2. Aaron Knight [Oct. 2018 - Aug. 2019]

1. Cameron Vessey [Jan. 2018 - Oct. 2018]

lswACSN.jpg

CWA World Women's Champion

Nu7VjV6.jpg

"The Queen of the North" Nadia Snow [def. Amber Allen @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

2. Amber Allen [May 2019 - Feb. 2020]

1. Brooke Tyler [Mar. 2018 - May 2019]

QnfEAUx.jpgQnfEAUx.jpg

CWA World Tag Team Champions

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

Thunder & Lightning [def. The DeColt Boys @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

2. The Dynamite Express [Jan. 2019 - Feb. 2020]

1. The DeColt Boys [Apr. 2018 - Jan. 2019]

rP8YqwH.jpg

CWA World Television Champion

ZNO80Jm.jpg

Mr. Impact [def. Sonny Wildside @ CWA Championship Wrestling, Wednesday Week 3, February 2020]

Previous Champions

4. Sonny Wildside [W4 Jan. 2020 - W3 Feb. 2020]

3. Mr. Impact [Apr. 2019 - W4 Jan. 2020]

2. Skip Beau [sep. 2018 - Apr. 2019]

1. Jared Johnson [Feb. 2018 - Sep. 2018]

xR0xBEE.jpg

CWA Tag Team Grand Prix Winners

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

Thunder & Lightning [won @ Tag Team Grand Prix, Saturday Week 2, December 2019]

Previous Winners

1. The Dynamite Express [Dec. 2018]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oRJNGIL.jpg

Company: Canadian Wrestling Alliance

Company Description: The Canadian Wrestling Alliance was formed when the two great families of Canadian wrestling, the Stones and the DeColts joined forces in the wake of the deaths of their respective patriarchs. Both NOTBPW and CGC had been struggling to remain relevant for several years prior to this, weighed down by ageing, overfamiliar rosters and the weight of their own histories, and so by uniting they could remain strong enough to withstand the American powers of USPW and SWF. With an emphasis on combining the great ringwork of NOTBPW with the showmanship of CGC and promoting fresh new talent, the CWA has been a huge success thus far.

Product: NOTBPW-CGC Hybrid (Classic Balanced)

User Character:

MiY5rxE.jpg

Steve DeColt

b6BvNQX.jpg

EOUMHYy.jpg

CWA World Heavyweight Champion

rTjg3Hd.jpg

Sean McFly [def. Christian Price @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

3. Christian Price [Aug. 2019 - Feb. 2020]

2. Aaron Knight [Oct. 2018 - Aug. 2019]

1. Cameron Vessey [Jan. 2018 - Oct. 2018]

lswACSN.jpg

CWA World Women's Champion

Nu7VjV6.jpg

"The Queen of the North" Nadia Snow [def. Amber Allen @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

2. Amber Allen [May 2019 - Feb. 2020]

1. Brooke Tyler [Mar. 2018 - May 2019]

QnfEAUx.jpgQnfEAUx.jpg

CWA World Tag Team Champions

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

Thunder & Lightning [def. The DeColt Boys @ Clash Classic 2020, Saturday Week 2, February 2020]

Previous Champions

2. The Dynamite Express [Jan. 2019 - Feb. 2020]

1. The DeColt Boys [Apr. 2018 - Jan. 2019]

rP8YqwH.jpg

CWA World Television Champion

ZNO80Jm.jpg

Mr. Impact [def. Sonny Wildside @ CWA Championship Wrestling, Wednesday Week 3, February 2020]

Previous Champions

4. Sonny Wildside [W4 Jan. 2020 - W3 Feb. 2020]

3. Mr. Impact [Apr. 2019 - W4 Jan. 2020]

2. Skip Beau [sep. 2018 - Apr. 2019]

1. Jared Johnson [Feb. 2018 - Sep. 2018]

xR0xBEE.jpg

CWA Tag Team Grand Prix Winners

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

Thunder & Lightning [won @ Tag Team Grand Prix, Saturday Week 2, December 2019]

Previous Winners

1. The Dynamite Express [Dec. 2018]

6uk3pqZ.jpg

Calgary, Alberta, Canada -- Colossus Sports, Inc, the parent company of Canada's premier pro wrestling organization, Canadian Wrestling Alliance, announced today the purchase of famed training school House of Stone. The House of Stone was previously privately owned by legendary Canadian wrestler Dan Stone Jr. and has been in operation since June of 1987. It has produced such quality wrestlers as Dan Stone. Jr himself, Duane Stone, Johnny Bloodstone, Victoria Stone-McFly, and many more talents that have won championships all over the world.

Along with the purchase of House of Stone, Colossus Sports, Inc. announced the formation of the Stone Wrestling Academy -- a fulltime developmental wrestling company that will be based in Halifax, Nova Scotia just like the House of Stone. It will operate as CWA's developmental organization and provide an extra training ground for wrestlers that hope to make it onto the CWA roster.

The current crop of wrestlers for the SWA have been announced. They are: Mongo Flash, Alton Vicious, Carlotta Flash, Clutch McKane, Danny Drapper, Devyn Reynaud, Dreadnought, Eric LaMonica, Esperanza Montero, Finn McFlash, Frankie Carmello, Hank Gunn, Honey Badger, Hudson Drake, Ironic Flash, James Diaz, Logan Diaz, Marcel LeFleur, Marty Tuxford, Mosher, Nelson Callum, Penfold Perdition, Philippe LeGrenier, Piper Hale, Preston Fuller, Reilly Patton, Riddick Jordan, Robin DeLay, Robin Newman, Shiva, Solomon Gold, Sophie Steele, Stella Saint, Stone Gulatti, Suki Flash, Talia Neema, Tzilla, Urena Frost, Zachary Inc, and Zak Attack.

In addition, CWA has announced that Art Reed, Acid, Bobby Thomas, Becca Barton, and Jana Marie Bowen will be joining the roster to help Dan Stone Jr., the local promoter and matchmaker with the development of the talent. Samuel Curran, Terry Smith, Alexander Robinson, Matthew White, and Kessie Lee Walker round out the rest of the staff for SWA which the CWA is hoping can produce talent that is ready for mainstream Canadian wrestling.

Colossus Sports, Inc. and CWA CEO Steve DeColt said he is estasic for the continued growth of CWA. Over the past two years, CWA has proven themselves to be the premier wrestling in Canada and with acquiring the House of Stone dojo and establishing the Stone Wrestling Academy, CWA has set themselves up for the future to make sure that they will continue to be flush with talent for years to come.

A/N: It pains me that we haven't had a long-lasting CWA diary. I'm fascinated with their position as the kings of Canada and I think they are primed for international expansion if they can build the financial nestegg. So this is my goal. Slowly expand CWA internationally to become the top wrestling company in the world. I've already run the first eight shows (six TVs and two pay per views) and I think we could make something really interesting here. Plus, a big company and not a little bitty company. Let's see if Canada can rise again.

nHIbF8W.jpg

CWA Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 1, January 2020

Live from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Aired exclusively on the Canadian Broadcast Network

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

Fifteen Minute Time Limit

Ln8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpg0RxaTV5.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

Generation Z w/ Hailey Hunter versus The German Machine

The opening match of CWA's first show of 2020 showcases a new signing against one of CWA's up-and-coming tag teams. Generation Z has been working hard to establish themselves as players in the tag team division but can The German Machine -- who have dominated the European tag team scene -- slow Generation Z's momentum and establish themselves as a new force in the tag team division?

8lkFrd2.jpg

Tag Team Match

o3yYayM.jpg8nCJtHM.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

S47Jjqq.jpgqY3p4iW.jpg

Ariel Breaks & Claire Winters versus Laura Flame & Demelza Wade

CWA's deep women's division is showcased here as Ariel Breaks and Claire Winters team up to take on Laura Flame and Demelza Wade. All four women are looking to break into the title hunt and this tag team match provides all four of them a chance to prove they should be challenging Amber Allen for the World Women's Championship.

8lkFrd2.jpg

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

rsQMfXZ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Skip “The Flow” Beau versus Mr. Impact ©

Since April of 2019, Mr. Impact has controlled the Television Championship. He's made it part of his calling card -- sometimes going so far as to call himself "Mr. Television". This doesn't sit right with "The Flow", a former Television Champion in his own right. Can he regain the Television Championship?

8lkFrd2.jpg

Singles Match

Non-Title Match[/b]

S5Djl9C.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgdObWAM5.jpg

“The Amazing” Amber Allen versus “Lil Miss Marvel” Jessica Conroy

World Women's Champion, "The Amazing" Amber Allen, steps into the ring in a non-title match against Jessica Conroy. Conroy has aligned herself with "The Queen" Nadia Snow -- and Nadia is the number one contender to the World Women's Championship that Amber Allen has had a death grip on since unseating Brooke Tyler in the spring of last year. Can Amber Allen defeat Nadia Snow's henchwoman or will Conroy soften the champion up for her Queen?

8lkFrd2.jpg

Main Event

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Twenty Minute or TV Time Remaining Time Limit

8wOi9yX.jpg8JBhWio.jpgweOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

K8BQ1q1.jpgLsxHC3D.jpgjrH13Be.jpg1xsxFBr.jpgxuZwatk.jpgYYFpYtL.jpg

Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and Thunder & Lightning versus The Elite w/ Drake Young

The main event of the first episode of Championship Wrestling of 2020 is loaded with star power. The Living Legend himself, Sean McFly, has made it clear that he wants to be CWA World Champion before he hangs up his boots. The only problem? The Stud has no intention of relinquishing the World Championship and has made it clear he doesn't respect Sean McFly's accomplishments. Sean McFly reached out to Erik Strong, who has looked up to McFly his whole career, and asked him to team with him to help take down Christian Price and his muscle Blockbuster -- but that wasn't enough. The World Tag Team Champions and Christian Price's Elite stablemates The Dynamite Express will join him and their archrivals and 2019 Tag Team Grand Prix winners Thunder & Lightning will join Sean McFly and Erik Strong in this star-studded main event.

8lkFrd2.jpg

This should be great, CWA is one of the best companies in the game. Good main event scene and guys ready to move up, a deep tag division and a great women's division.

Generation Z vs German Machine- good young team for the future.

Breaks & Winters vs Flame & Wade- Flame is one of my favorites and so is Winters. I always found it strange Wade isn't with Snow's group given their history.

Mr. Impact vs Skip Beau- I could see it either way but I think Beau is the better worker and could have a good run.

Amber Allen vs Jessica Conroy- Conroy is a future star but isn't close yet.

Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and Thunder & Lightning vs The Elite- I think this is where the good guys get their win because they won't be winning the titles off them.

nHIbF8W.jpg

Wednesday, Week 1, January 2020

Calgary, Alberta, Canada with 7,583 Fans in Attendance

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

Ln8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpg0RxaTV5.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

Generation Z w/ Hailey Hunter versus The German Machine

The opening bout of 2020 was not a great wrestling match. It had several problems – the first, The German Machine is completely unknown in Calgary. They were coming in cold for this match too. No hype package, nothing. Just the first match on the first show of the year. Generation Z is young and still getting established themselves so they weren’t able to carry the match from a reaction standpoint. There is something in the German Machine though, Lars and Ralph are just salty. They have something that could make them very useful on the CWA roster. Alyx and Flip have a lot of potential too – they’re just young. The Brothers Cain came to the ringside area and caused a distraction which allowed Lars Brecher to hit Alyx Winters with a German Suplex that he followed up with a Brecher Stretch, his version of the Stretch Muffler, to get the victory.

In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, The German Machine defeated Generation Z in 10:19 when Lars Brecher submitted Alyx Winters with a Brecher Stretch after a distraction from Eli Cain.

Match Rating

TCn9nKR.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

XgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We come back from a commercial break and are backstage with The DeColt Boys. CWA commentator Tom Townsend – who has returned to TV on this show, replacing Samuel Curan who has reported to SWA, is with them acting as the interviewer. The former World Tag Team Champions had a lot of energy in their promo as they launched into their promo.

Tom, “I’m joined now by the former CWA World Tag Team Champions, Jack and Ricky DeColt. Now fellas, a new year just started. What are your plans for 2020?”

Jack, “You know Tom, ever since Ricky and myself lost the World belts to The Dynamite Express, we’ve been looking for an opportunity to get the belts back. That’s right. It’s 2020. It’s a new year and it’s been almost a year since Ricky and I have been champions. We could come out here and hoot and holler. We could scream and through a fit. But we’re not going to do that. Ricky and I have walked through hell to get where we are today. Ricky and I want to get back in the Tag Title picture. We’re ready for 2020 to make sure that this year is the year of the DeColt Boys.”

Ricky, “One thing every fan of CWA knows is that Jack and I, we don’t lie. When we come out here on camera and we tell you we’re going to do something, that’s what we’re going to do. When you ask us questions Tom – you know we’re going to tell you the truth. Me and Jack have one goal this year and that is to hold those World belts again. Y’know, I’ve loved teaming with Jack. It’s rejuvenated my career getting to team with my brother. Sooner or later, we’re going to get another shot at the tag belts and we will once again be World Tag Team Champions. And that’s a DeColt Promise.”

Angle Rating

BCjUrO8.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

Tag Team Match

o3yYayM.jpg8nCJtHM.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

S47Jjqq.jpgqY3p4iW.jpg

Ariel Breaks & Claire Winters versus Laura Flame & Demelza Wade

We came out of the promo and go to the ring for our second match of the night. On one side of the ring, Ariel Breaks and Claire Winters. On the other side, Laura Flame and Demelza Wade. Ariel and Claire make for an unlikely partnership – Claire Winters with her MMA inspired attire and presentation and Ariel Breaks with her more showmanship focused presentation, more of a character with her Cher-style entrance attire. Laura Flame has a similar look to Winters though instead of wearing MMA style spandex shorts, Flame has long martial arts pants on. Wade, like Breaks, is more of a show-woman in her presentation which makes for all for being interesting. All four women had a chance to shine in this match. It was fast, furious and with no real heat segment. It was just all four women going back and forth to showcase what they can do as they all try to establish themselves in the very competitive CWA women’s division. Wade and Winters took a wicked bump off a Winters-given clothesline that took both women to the floor and look like it knocked the wind out of both. Breaks was noticeably concerned for her partner and when she turned around, Laura Flame hit her Flame Fire Kick, her version of Reaver’s Hell Fire Kick. The way she is able to back flip and scissor her legs at the same time is something to behold and her kick alone makes her look like a future big time star in the Women’s Division.

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Laura Flame and Demelza Wade defeated Ariel Breaks and Claire Winters in 8:08 when Laura Flame pinned Ariel Breaks with a Flame Fire Kick. Laura Flame carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Match Rating

99tlhLJ.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

9U22KrI.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We come back out of commercial break and once again Tom Townsend is backstage and this time he is with former CWA World Women’s Champion, Brooke Tyler.

Tom, “I’m joined now by the Franchise herself, Brooke Tyler. Brooke, for the past several months you and Lauren Easter have been at each other’s throats. It is clear that you don’t like her and she doesn’t like you. With Total Elimination III just a little over a week away, I know the two of you will be on opposite sides of the ring. Who is going to be on Team Tyler?”

Brooke, “You just saw them before the commercial break getting the big win. Demelza Wade and Laura Flame. That’s who’s going to be on Team Tyler and maybe we can put Lauren Easer out of wrestling once and for all.”

Tom, “Wait, you want to put Lauren Easter out of wrestling?”

Brooke, “You’re damn right I do, Tom. She walks around here telling people she’s the boss. The boss of what? She’s the boss of nothing. CWA is my company! For fourteen months I ruled the roost as the World Women’s Champion. No one else can say they did that. Not Lauren. Not Amber. No one. I’m The Franchise here. When you think of CWA you think of Brooke Tyler. Lauren Easter just won’t leave me alone. She’s obsessed with me and it’s gotten to the point where it is clear. I’ve got to put her out of wrestling. If you’re a Lauren Easter fan, not only do you need to see a medical professional to make sure you’re mentally sound and not deficient, you also need to come to peace with the fact that this is going to be it. This is her last year of wrestling. Her last match might be Total Elimination III when she gets in the ring with team Tyler.”

Angle Rating

XnT9AFl.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

rsQMfXZ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Skip “The Flow” Beau versus Mr. Impact ©

We go back to the ring for the World Television Title match, with former champion Skip “The Flow” Beau challenging current champion, Mr. Impact. In September, Mr. Impact ended Skip’s reign as Television Champion in this same building so there was some extra physicality in this match because of the history between the two men. They also encapsulate the ongoing battle between CGC/DeColt guys and NOTBPW/Stone guys with Skip Beau being a DeColt Powerhouse graduate and the final Canadian Champion from CGC and Mr. Impact being a House of Stone graduate, the two men represent both the future of CWA and where the company came from. Beau was all power against Mr. Impact’s more well-rounded game. Both men are similar sizes and they make for good opponents. Skip got Mr. Impact up for the Reverse DVD he calls the Flow Down and Mr. Impact went to the eyes and then hit a Reverse DDT. He went for the cover and got his feet on the second rope for extra leverage. Referee Jonathan Taylor did not notice the legs on the ropes and Mr. Impact was able to steal the victory.

In a good match, Mr. Impact defeated Skip Beau in 10:54 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Mr. Impact makes defence number sixteen of the CWA Television title.

Match Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

hvmJBHq.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We come back from another commercial break and once again Tom Townsend is backstage and this time he is with the first ever CWA World Champion, Cameron Vessey.

Tom, “Next Saturday, at Total Elimination III, my guest Cameron Vessey will captain his team against Aaron Knight’s team. I’ve been told that tonight, you’re going to announce your partners.”

Cameron, “That’s right Tom. In just over a week, Aaron Knight and whomever he can convince to stand in the ring with him for the worst ass-beating of their lives, are going to be standing across from me and my partners… The Montreal Mafia.”

Tom, “The Montreal Mafia is going to team up with you?”

Cameron, “You say that like it’s a surprising thing?”

Tom, “I didn’t think they liked you…

Cameron, “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard Tom. Why would anyone not want to team with the best wrestler in CWA? The man who put CWA on the map. Tom, I don’t think you appreciate just how good I am, because Tom, I’m damn good. I’m so good that sometimes I even impress myself. I’m Cameron Vessey. I’m the only thing worth watching in pro wrestling and Aaron Knight. You’ve got ten days, brother. Ten days until you and whomever you can con into being your partners. Ten days until Total Elimination III and to Cameron Vessey and the Montreal Mafia kicking your teeth down your throat and reminding the whole world that if you’re not Cameron Vessey, you’re fighting for second best at best.”

Angle Rating

vRQeGH0.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

Singles Match

Non-Title Match[/b]

S5Djl9C.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgdObWAM5.jpg

“The Amazing” Amber Allen versus “Lil Miss Marvel” Jessica Conroy

Next up was CWA World Women’s Champion, “The Amazing” Amber Allen against Nadia Snow’s protege, “Lil Miss Marvel” Jessica Conroy. They had plenty of time for Allen to let Conroy shine. She let Conroy show all of that Dan Stone Jr. training that has made her one to watch. Conroy has a nasty streak and she threw several forearms into the face of Allen and Allen ate all of them. Conroy even hit her version of Dan Stone Jr.’s trusty Stone Back Suplex that got a lot of heat from the crowd because she has said how she hate the Stone family on television (though it is character, of course). Allen made a big comeback that was full of suplexes. Conroy flew through the air for all of Allen’s suplexes and definitely made the World Champ look dangerous. Conroy went to the eyes and then tried for a springboard DDT, but Allen countered it with the Northern Lights Suplex with the high bridge for the three count and victory.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Amber Allen defeated Jessica Conroy in 12:14 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex.

BEmJ3UF.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

S5Djl9C.jpgRV5BNL8.jpgdObWAM5.jpgwqGd4H6.jpg

Amber Allen raised her arm high in the sky and took the World Women’s Championship from the referee and held it high in the air. She is the World Women’s Champion. She had to scratch and claw to get to the top of the mountain here in CWA, but she did. Suddenly, she is dropped from behind and the monstrous Deborah Young stands there. The 245 pound monster of a woman lifted Amber Allen up and brought her down with a vicious backbreaker. And then here comes Nadia Snow. The Queen herself. She had a sceptor with her and Deboarh and Jessica pulled Amber up and Nadia drove the sceptor into the throat of Amber Allen and Amber fell to the mat holding her throat. The Queen’s Court stood over Amber Allen as security and the referee core hit the ring to push the Queen’s Court away and check on the World Women’s Champion.

Angle Rating

T8HPE4s.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

Main Event

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Twenty Minute or TV Time Remaining Time Limit

8wOi9yX.jpg8JBhWio.jpgweOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

K8BQ1q1.jpgLsxHC3D.jpgjrH13Be.jpg1xsxFBr.jpgxuZwatk.jpgYYFpYtL.jpg

Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and Thunder & Lightning versus The Elite w/ Drake Young

We came back from the final commercial break of the night and got right into our main event. It was a huge eight man tag. On one side of the ring, the CWA World Champion, Christian Price, and the rest of his Elite stablemates. The Elite all had matching gear and looked like a squad with Drake Young wearing a beautiful, gaudy, Elite sportscoat. They also looked great with both the World Championship and World Tag Team Championship. Across the ring, the legend Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and the number one contender’s to the World Tag Team Titles, Thunder& Lightning. All eight men understand how to work (well, seven of them do), and they didn’t go all out but they let the crowd soak up the action. They refused to give them Sean and Christian going toe to toe because every time Sean tagged in while Christian was legal, Christian tagged out. Blockbuster got a surprising amount of ring time, and also ended up eating the Delorean Driver from Sean McFly and the pin while Christian Price threw a fit outside of the ring.

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Sean McFly, Erik Strong and Thunder & Lightning defeated Elite (Christian Price, Syd Collier, Cam Jones and Blockbuster) in 18:04 when Sean McFly pinned Blockbuster with a Delorean Driver. Blockbuster was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Match Rating

WgbKHaY.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

8wOi9yX.jpg

As Championship Wrestling goes off the air, Sean McFly raises Christian Price’s World Championship high in the air. It is clear. McFly is coming for the belt!

Angle Rating

C8IJaIG.jpg

8lkFrd2.jpg

Overall

kvA5eEu.jpg

The German Machine def. Generation Z

Laura Flame & Demelza Wade def. Ariel Breaks & Claire Winters

Mr. Impact © def. Skip Beau to retain the TV Title

Amber Allen def. Jessica Conroy

McFly, Strong, and Thunder & Lightning def. The Elite

nHIbF8W.jpg

PREVIEW for Championship Wrestling

Wednesday Week 2, January 2020

Live from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Opening Match

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgWTCkM9Y.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus Antonio Del Veccio

David Stone has been one of the most talked about wrestlers since bursting onto the CWA scene. He has all the tools to be one of the top wrestlers in the world, but he needs more wins and experience. At Championship Wrestling, he gets a tough challenge against veteran wrestler and Rip Chord's original protege, Antonio Del Veccio. The tough Italian grappler could really improve his stock with a win over The Natural, but can The Natural's momentum continue against such a talented, experienced opponent?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

IaTgYqc.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgS47Jjqq.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson versus Laura Flame

Laura Flame was successful in winning for her team last week on Championship Wrestling and this week she battles Sally Anne Christianson. SAC is looking for a big win herself as she tries to get into the title hunt. Can Laura Flame stay red hot? Or will Sally Anne Christianson start her own climb towards championship gold?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

bQGXzQ4.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Mabuchi Furusawa versus Mr. Impact ©

Last week, Mr. Impact scored his sixteenth straight defense of the Television Championship, albeit with some assistance from the ropes. This week, he takes on highly touted Japanese wrestler Mabuchi Furusawa, who is making his international debut here. Can Furusawa, who has been dominant in Japan, score a championship victory in his very first match in Canada?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Six Woman Tag Team Match

o3yYayM.jpg8nCJtHM.jpghk9JYQk.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

RV5BNL8.jpgwqGd4H6.jpgdObWAM5.jpg

Ariel Breaks, Claire Winters, and Zoe Ammis versus The Queen’s Court

Ariel Breaks and Claire Winters are looking to rebound from their loss last week as they team up with veteran Zoe Ammis to take on The Queen's Court. Amber Allen will be at ringside to watch this contest but has promised she will not engage physically at all.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

FTUveJL.jpgTNUxvp2.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

IT4L5pm.jpgRTQUikK.jpg

“A-Game” Aaron Knight & Diablo Duvak versus “The MVP” Cameron Vessey & Marc DuBois

The main event of the final Championship Wrestling before Total Elimination III showcases two former World Champions who will be on either side of the ring from one another live on Pay Per View when Aaron Knight teams up with surging youngster Diablo Duvak to take on Cameron Vessey and his partner for the night, Marc DuBois. For Duvak and DuBois, this is a big opportunity to prove that they belong with the top stars in CWA. For Aaron Knight and Cameron Vessey, this is another chapter in their storied rivalry.

Main Event: “A-Game” Aaron Knight & Diablo Duvak vs. “The MVP” Cameron Vessey & Marc DuBois

Ariel Breaks, Claire Winters, and Zoe Ammis vs. The Queen’s Court

TV Championship: Mabuchi Furusawa versus Mr. Impact ©

Sally Anne Christianson vs. Laura Flame

Opening Match: “The Natural” David Stone versus Antonio Del Veccio

Main Event: “A-Game” Aaron Knight & Diablo Duvak vs. “The MVP” Cameron Vessey & Marc DuBois

nHIbF8W.jpg

Wednesday Week 2, January 2020

Calgary, Alberta, Canada with 7,333 fans in attendance

Opening Match

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgWTCkM9Y.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus Antonio Del Veccio

We come out of the opening titles with Antonio Del Veccio’s entrance and then we get David Stone’s. From his presentation – it is clear that David Stone is being built as the future of Canadian wrestling. He’s young, but he might as well have a rocket strapped to his backside. He has a great ring jacket and his entrance video is full of homages to his heritage but also to his skill. The match was short, with Antonio jumpstarting the heat by attacking David as soon as he got in the ring. Antonio is a salty veteran who has been around for a long time and he doesn’t plan on being an easy mark for David Stone. Stone was able to make a quick but explosive comeback and hit his Stone Cutter for the pinfall victory.

In a decent match, David Stone defeated Antonio Del Veccio in 5:48 by pinfall with a Stone Cutter.

Match Rating

6lnADbi.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

90Yr6HL.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We go backstage to where Tom Townsend is with Lauren Easter.

Tom, “I’m joined now by Lauren Easter, who in three nights time will find herself in the ring against Brooke Tyler, Demezla Wade, and Laura Flame. Have you found teammates, Lauren?”

Lauren, “I do, Tom. I’ve got two incredibly talented women. You saw them last week and you’ll see them again tonight. Ariel Breaks and Claire Winters. They’re both young and hungry and eager for a chance to prove themselves and what better way than Total Elimination, live on Pay Per View.”

Tom, “I’m sure they are both looking for a measure of revenge against Wade and Flame for last week – and I know you have to be looking forward to a chance to get in the ring with Brooke again.”

Lauren, “I am. I really am. Everyone knows the history between Brooke and I. Our history is well documented. You can go all over the internet if you need a refresher. She doesn’t like me and I don’t like her. She calls herself the Franchise of CWA. She calls herself the Franchise of Women’s Wrestling and I take offence to that. Brooke, you’re a great wrestler. One of the best I’ve ever seen and one of the best I’ve ever been in the ring with – but you’re not better than me. You were handed this. Everything you’ve got, you got handed because of genetics. But I earned this. You trained in a state of the art facility and had Daddy make a phone call to get you your break. You didn’t grind it out. I did. I trained in a dingy gym on a mat that was festering with blood and sweat. I’m the only one who made it out. Everything I got, I earned. I earned through my willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done and Brooke, I’m tired of there being a debate between us. I’m tired of there being a conversation about who is better. Me and you Brooke, we’re going to solve this thing. This thing won’t be over until one of us is broken and can’t move and I promise you that’s going to be you because as long as their is air in my lungs and blood in my veins I’m going to keep coming. You want my spot as The Boss, you’re going to have to kill me and Brooke… You don’t have the club in the bag.”

Angle Rating

XnT9AFl.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

IaTgYqc.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgS47Jjqq.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson versus “Red Hot”Laura Flame

We come from the interview to the ring for Sally Anne Christianson against Laura Flame. Flame has already been announced for the Team Easter versus Team Tyler at Total Elimination III. Christianson, the protege of Victoria Stone, has been looking to really break through in the women’s division and in her ten year career she’s never really been able to catch fire and Laura Flame is definitely red hot. SAC came out of the gate trying to wrestle with Flame and SAC’s technical was on full display. Flame wasn’t held done long though, her long reach and stiff strikes got her in control. She really worked SAC over for quite some time before SAC went into her comeback – which featured a surprising amount of headbutts. Flame was rocked and dropped to a knee which allowed SAC to get the Camel Clutch locked in and then roll into the cradle – completing her Niagra Fall – which got her the surprising victory.

In a decent match, Sally Anne Christianson defeated Laura Flame in 10:25 by pinfall with a Niagra Fall.

Match Rating

1eu4iA8.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

GjCsfoj.jpgztL0c2I.jpghGPmonv.jpgbUCYGpD.jpgYYFpYtL.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We come back from commercial break and Tom Townsend is back backstage in front of the CWA backdrop. This time he is joined by The Elite. They are all wearing sunglasses and suits.

Tom, “I’m joined now by The Elite and don’t adjust your dials, your picture isn’t fuzzy, they really do control this many World Championships.”

Drake Young snatches the microphone from Tom Townsend.

Drake, “I’ll take it from here Tom, because what you’re looking at is the single greatest collection of talent anywhere in the world. Look at the men around me. You’ve got big Blockbuster and look at him. He’s 6’5” without an ounce of body fat and he was gracious enough to be here tonight and take time off from single handledly keeping Calgary’s Home for Unwed Mothers in business. That’s how charitable he is. He’s a very giving men. You’ve got the greatest tag team on the planet, THE World Tag Team Champions, the Class Act Syd Collier and the J-Man Cam Jones – The Dynamite Express and then. Boy and then. We’ve got The World’s Wrestling Champion. The top wrestler in all the world. He’s the man every man sitting in that crowd wants to be. He’s the best thing to ever come out of Montreal. He’s The Stud. He’s Christian Price. The Elite. They are what’s happening in pro wrestling. They make the needle jump and the ticket prices soar. They’re the reason there is an ass every eighteen inches but let’s face it, here in Calgary it should be more like every twenty four inches.”

Christian, “Drake, you’re absolute right and we’re lucky to have the best manager in all of pro wrestling helping guide us to hold all of the World titles. Y’know, you’ve got Sean McFly running around talking about ‘I want, I want, I want’. He asks for sympathy and tells people that he wants one last chance before he hangs it up. He wants one more chance to be World Champion. He wants to recapture whatever success he had in his youth but Sean, you’re not young any more. You’re not a spring chicken. You’re running out of road. You’ve got a lot of miles on those tires and you really want to get in the ring with me? You think you can go toe to toe with The Stud of Pro Wrestling? I might have to call up Vickie and see if she can get you checked in to a mental facility because I think you’re losing your mind. I think you’ve lost the plot. In three days, Sean, you and Thunder and Lightning get the chance of a lifetime. You get to be in the main event of the first pay per view of 2020 and you get to stand across the ring from me and The Dynamite Express. You get to stand across from the World Champions. If you’ve got what it takes, Total Elimination III, live on Pay Per view, this Saturday night, that’s your chance. Let’s see if you can do it.”

Angle Rating

GWUelsM.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

bQGXzQ4.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

“Ultimo Leon de Oro” Mabuchi Furusawa versus Mr. Impact ©

Mabuchi Furusawa got a big, spectacular entrance. He wore an exquisite robe that made him look like a lion. A spectacular, golden lion. Mr. Impact came out next and the match started. Right from the beginning, Furusawa controlled the pace. The son of the legendary Hanshiro Furusawa looked like a star as he hit Mr. Impact with forearm after forearm. The Television Champion really sold for Furusawa throughout the duration of the match – Impact got some offense in but it was mostly Furusawa showcasing just how deadly he can be. Just how lethal. Furusawa got Impact in the corner and came charging across from a big corner forearm, but Mr. Impact got out of the way and Furusawa overshot his jump so he went headfirst in to the actual turnbuckle and not the corner pad. Furusawa stumbled out of the corner and turned around and ate all of Mr. Impact’s Crying Game, a Mafia Kick, and Mr. Impact got his seventeenth straight defence of the Television Title.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Mr. Impact defeated Mabuchi Furusawa in 13:37 by pinfall with a Crying Game. Mr. Impact makes defence number seventeen of the CWA Television title.

Match Rating

5ejWPFe.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

S5Djl9C.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

We come back from commercial break with Tom Townsend back with another CWA wrestler, this time the World Women’s Champion Amber Allen.

Tom, “I’m joined now by the World Women’s Champion, The Amazing Amber Allen. Amber, we know you’re going up against the Queen’s Court on Saturday night at Total Elimination III. Do you have a team put together.”

Amber, “Tom, do you think I’d really go into Total Elimination III without a team? Of course I have a team. An Amazing Team, if I do say so myself. I’ve got Sally Anne Christianson, a real good friend of mine who you saw earlier tonight getting the win over Laura Flame and then I’ve got Zoe Ammis. Both Sally and Zoe are hungry to make names for themselves and on Saturday night at Total Elimination III, they’re going to help me show the Queen she’s just a pretender to the throne.”

Angle Rating

T8HPE4s.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Six Woman Tag Team Match

o3yYayM.jpg8nCJtHM.jpghk9JYQk.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

Ariel Breaks, Claire Winters, and Zoe Ammis versus The Queen’s Court

The six woman tag was a real open affair. The Queen’s Court will all be in action with each other on Saturday, and Breaks, Winters, and Ammis are all scheduled to wrestle at Total Elimination III so this match really tried to highlight all of the babyface skills and make them look particularly dangerous. Conroy did most of the wrestling for the heel group with Young coming in as the heater and Snow picking her spots when the Court had control. Ultimately, Nadia Snow and her Snow Ball, an Exploder Suplex where she goes right into the pinfall, was too much for Ariel Breaks to kick out of and The Queen’s Court got the win.

In a poor match, The Queen's Court (Nadia Snow, Deborah Young and Jessica Conroy) defeated Ariel Breaks, Claire Winters and Zoe Ammis in 12:15 when Nadia Snow pinned Ariel Breaks with a Snow Ball.

Angle Rating

a7hicS3.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgxcpEahY.jpg

After another commercial break, we come back to former CWA World Champion, A-Game standing with Tom Townsend.

Tom, “I’m joined by former CWA World Champion, the A-Game, Aaron Knight. Aaron, in just three short nights, you will team up with The DeColt Boys to take on Cameron Vessey and the Montreal Mafia. What is your mindset going into the match?”

Aaron, “Cameron… Since day one of CWA it seems like you and I have been linked. It’s been me and you. We’ve gone at it for the CWA World title. We’ve gone at it all over Canada. On Television. On Pay Per View. In my six year career, it is clear that you’ve been my biggest opponent. You’re a mirror image of me. You’ve made me have to search for my identity. You’ve made me really had to be intrepid. You’ve made me dig deep in myself to find out what kind of man I am and Saturday night at Total Elimination III, with my mentors and friends Jack and Ricky DeColt by my side, I’m going to give you a beating you never forget. And in just a few minutes, I’m going to team with Diablo Duvak against you and Marc DuBois. You better be prepared Cameron. You better be ready. Because I’m coming. I want the World Title back. To get there, I’ve got to get through you and tonight and Saturday night I’m going to do just that.”

Angle Rating

DYkUXKp.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

FTUveJL.jpgTNUxvp2.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

IT4L5pm.jpgRTQUikK.jpg

“A-Game” Aaron Knight & Diablo Duvak versus “The MVP” Cameron Vessey & Marc DuBois

The main event was a wild and crazy affair. Vessey refused to wrestle Knight and once Vessey and DuBois took control, theyworked well as a team and they isolated Duvak. DuBois really got to show that he’s still got something in the tank and that he’s ready to rebuild his career in Canada. Duvak made the hot tag and Knight was able to take it to DuBois, but Vessey wouldn’t get in the ring and kept the people wanting Vessey and Knight to lock horns. It was a great tease that added to the heat in a really good TV main event. Ultimately, DuBois took a cheap shot on Aaron Knight and Cameron Vessey was able to hit the Vessey Driver II – his lightning fast Death Valley Driver – on Diablo Duvak for the pinfall and the victory.

(In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Cameron Vessey and Marc DuBois defeated Aaron Knight and Diablo Duvak in 17:14 when Cameron Vessey pinned Diablo Duvak with a Vessey Driver II.

Match Rating

BCjUrO8.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgIT4L5pm.jpg

Cameron Vessey tried to take a cheap shot at Aaron Knight and the two men immediately went into a post-match brawl. As Championship Wrestling went off the air, security and the referee core were pulling them off of each other and the announcers were highlighting Total Elimination III, only on Pay Per View this Saturday Night.

Angle Rating

jXHphBX.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Overall Show Rating

XnT9AFl.jpg

David Stone def. Antonio Del Veccio

Sally Anne Christianson def. Laura Flame

TV Championship: Mr. Impact © def. Mabuchi Furusawa to retain

The Queen's Court def. Ariel Breaks, Claire Winters, & Zoe Ammis

Cameron Vessey & Marc DuBois def. Aaron Knight & Diablo Duvak

rkfzeFs.jpg

PREVIEW for CWA Total Elimination III

Saturday, Week 2, January 2020

Kelowana Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Canadian Wrestling Alliance returns to Pay Per View for the first time in 2020 with the third annual installment of the Total Elimination event. All night, teams of three will compete in matches with no time limits until one team has been completely eliminated. It is one of the most competitive nights of wrestling as these all star teams get together and compete with one another for bragging rights, cash prizes, and to prove who the best trios are.

The show starts; however, with CWA's free preshow the Call to Arms.

Call to Arms [Pre Show]

Tag Team Match

M0jw1Kc.jpg2L7dZ9E.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

The Griffin Family versus The German Machine

The Griffin Family wants to be World Tag Team Champions, but so do the newly arrived German Machine. What better way to start the free Call to Arms with a very competitive -- and what is surely going to be a very physical -- tag team match.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Ten Man Tag Team Match

Fifteen Time Minutes

8JBhWio.jpgF4wLsLn.jpgI2V53BU.jpgiZloxef.jpgkLpXx4U.png

L47ZXIB.jpg

WTCkM9Y.jpg3U1dPUg.jpgtxNHEdQ.jpgkAsoiMi.jpgXblsER5.jpg

Erik Strong, David Stone, Donte Dunn, Diablo Duvak, & Sonny Wildside versus Antonio Del Veccio, George Wolfe, Jared Johnson, Chucky Dorrance, & Princeton Pryce

Ten of CWA's finest will lock horns. It's going to be a good old fashioned ten man tag with a lot of guys trying to impress both the fans and CWA management.

b6BvNQX.jpg

MAIN SHOW

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team

No Time Limit

Elimination Match

6HWgLl5.jpgLn8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpg0RxaTV5.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

ZNO80Jm.jpgWrqOY3e.jpgBHYnw6I.jpgxuZwatk.jpgCNV0kOK.jpg

Skip Beau & Generation Z w/ Hailey Hunter versus Mr. Impact, Johnny Bloodstone, & Lee Rivera w/ Jenny Playmate

Skip Beau wants nothing more than to be World Television Champion again but Mr. Impact doesn't want to give him another shot. Generation Z has been slowly climbing the tag team ranks. Johnny Bloodstone and Lee Rivera are two experienced veterans who don't want to let the young team gain an edge. There is a lot of potential for fireworks with this one!

b6BvNQX.jpg

Six Man Tag Team

No Time Limit

Elimination Match

90Yr6HL.jpg8nCJtHM.jpg3AeqnB4.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

sm9w04J.jpgqY3p4iW.jpgS47Jjqq.jpg

Lauren Easter, Claire Winters, & Ariel Breaks versus Brooke Tyler, Demelza Wade, & Laura Flame

Lauren Easter and Brooke Tyler have a rivalry for the ages and another chapter will be written at Total Elimination III. This chapter includes rising women's wrestlers Claire Winters and Ariel Breaks and Laura Flame as well as experienced veteran Demelza Wade. With six talented women, all with something to prove, this could be match of the night and if it comes down to Lauren Easter and Brooke Tyler we could see something really special.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Six Man Tag Team

No Time Limit

Elimination Match

FTUveJL.jpgXgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

IT4L5pm.jpg7P3m1aI.jpgcwg2iGh.jpg

Aaron Knight & The DeColt Boys versus Cameron Vessey & The Montreal Mafia

Aaron Knight and his mentors, The DeColt Boys, have both held World Championships in CWA -- Aaron was the second ever World Champion and the DeColt Boys were the first World Tag Team Champions. Cameron Vessey was the first CWA World Champion and the Montreal Mafia badly want to be the World Tag Team Champions. With all of this talent, the championship pedigree, and the history between Vessey and Knight -- this is going to be a must watch. This match definitely has championship implications.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Semi Main Event

Six Man Tag Team

No Time Limit

Elimination Match

S5Djl9C.jpgLLDuKry.jpg2ildvIu.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

Amber Allen, Sally Anne Christianson, & Zoe Ammis versus The Queen’s Court

World Women's Champion Amber Allen has called on two of the most talented women on the roster -- Sally Anne Christianson and Zoe Ammis to help her take on the Queen's Army. Nadia Snow wants the World Women's Championship and she's got the muscle behind her.

b6BvNQX.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Six Man Tag Team

No Time Limit

Elimination Match

8wOi9yX.jpgweOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

KjAXItd.jpgBIHjUqf.jpgsv1zqi9.jpgxuZwatk.jpgYYFpYtL.jpg

Sean McFly and Thunder & Lightning versus The Elite w/ Drake Young

The top challengers versus the World Champions. We don't need to say more. This is THE main event. Sean McFly is the undisputed number one contender to Christian Price's World Championship, Thunder & Lightning are fresh off of winning the 2019 Tag Team Grand Prix, the $100,000, and have a title shot at The Dynamite Express and their World Tag Team Championships. This is a preview of matches to come and is a can't miss main event.

Quick Predictions for Total Elimination III

Call to Arms Preshow

1. The Griffin Family vs. The German Machine
  2. Erik Strong, David Stone, Donte Dunn, Diablo Duvak, & Sonny Wildside vs. Antonio Del Veccio, George Wolfe, Jared Johnson, Chucky Dorrance, & Princeton Pryce

Main PPV Card

1. Skip Beau & Generation Z vs. Mr. Impact, Johnny Bloodstone, & Lee Rivera
  2. Lauren Easter, Claire Winters, & Ariel Breaks vs. Brooke Tyler, Demelza Wade, & Laura Flame
  3. Aaron Knight & The DeColt Boys vs Cameron Vessey & The Montreal Mafia
  4. Amber Allen, Sally Anne Christianson, & Zoe Ammis vs. The Queen’s Court
  5. Sean McFly and Thunder & Lightning vs.The Elite