A thread to discuss the journal

I don't get on here much so I somehow missed this, but looking forward to reading the rest of the updates and trying the game out in the future. I bought and enjoyed CBH, but never got it that much into it for some reason. Maybe I can rectify that with this later.

Not much to add after the previous update, it's much the same in that it sounds really fun. I'm certainly tempted to add more generic henchmen / monsters into my database for the sake of the "villain calling in henchmen mid-fight" mechanic.

As usual with all games I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for it to be a good as possible on release, even if in this case it's more about waiting for assets allowing for more time to bug test / add things rather than any kind of delay due to things not working!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Artifacts: "Eligible Holders: This sets whether heroes, villains or both can try and possess the artifact during issues." Can we set eligible holders, like specific people in a list. Perhaps add more than just villain/Hero like Alien, or mutant, etc.? Or even only if you are "X" powerful (stars) or have "X" amount of will power, etc. Thanks for any clarification. 

10 hours ago, djthefunkchris said:

Artifacts: "Eligible Holders: This sets whether heroes, villains or both can try and possess the artifact during issues." Can we set eligible holders, like specific people in a list. Perhaps add more than just villain/Hero like Alien, or mutant, etc.? Or even only if you are "X" powerful (stars) or have "X" amount of will power, etc. Thanks for any clarification. 

The ability to set a specific holder has been added since that entry was written. Everything else is exactly as described in the journal, so if it isn't listed, it doesn't exist in the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ab92 said:

Hey, been a bit quiet for a couple weeks now and was wondering if the planned release is still september/earlyoctober? Also are there any screenshots of the game that have been released yet?

Thanks!

The updated release date was discussed in the last entry posted in the journal, please see there.

No, there have been no screen shots. Everything that has been announced or revealed is in the journal thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 2:01 AM, Adam Ryland said:

The ability to set a specific holder has been added since that entry was written. Everything else is exactly as described in the journal, so if it isn't listed, it doesn't exist in the game.

I'm going to be very honest, this feature is probably the one that has me most excited. I can't wait to actually play around with it. I understand this is for unique things, but I can't wait to see if I can use it for things like Penguins Umbrella, Agent Liberty's suit (or Black Panthers), etc. This will make a world of difference (for me) in how Abilities, and personal attributes are used. Obviously Lantern Power Rings, or Thor's Hammer (either). Just very excited to see this in action.

The second feature is the storylines, and exactly how they can be used to trigger events or evolve characters (Turn Robin into Nightwing, or similar). 

I'm also loving the sites idea. I was hoping for that (or even farther, example: a place that connects one site/location/area to another ie: Dr. Strange's place, Zatannas, Cain and Abel etc.). 

I know we all have different favorite features in these games, so I'm really interested in what others are looking forward too (perhaps something I'm overlooking). 

Edited by djthefunkchris

I think you pretty much nailed it for me as well, though the other way round in that I'm most interested the story aspect and seeing how creative you can make it, and the addition of Items is a fun extra that could tie into it.

The change to locations is also fun, I was just hoping for pictures for them but the addition of even more detail (with even more pictures!) is great, though will add some significant time drain to getting my mod up to date, luckily it's a really fun thing to do!

I'm also interested in seeing the new layout during battle idea in action. Just generally looking forward to it, I'm doing all I can at the moment to prepare my old CBH mod for the transfer but it was in pretty rough shape to begin with and there obviously things I don't want to update because I know I'll have to change them again in CBU anyway. I've been mainly cutting pictures with a matching background, something that was sorely missing in my original database.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cold Cobra said:

I've been mainly cutting pictures with a matching background, something that was sorely missing in my original database.

I think that's definitely a good idea - a consistent background really helps bring a game universe together, especially if there's a range of art styles within it. That was something I noticed a lot when trying out mods during testing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

I think that's definitely a good idea - a consistent background really helps bring a game universe together, especially if there's a range of art styles within it. That was something I noticed a lot when trying out mods during testing.

Yes, it makes the world of difference, and thanks to a big increase in already-cut-out PNG images in recent years it's going quicker than I thought it would...

It honestly looks like a huge improvement, and I can't wait to test it out after Saturday. One thing that stood out to me in the screen shots is the amount of room for biographies and explanations of sites etc. This looks good. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bright colors (like looking at a SpongeBob cartoon, lol), but that's going to be easy to adjust.

Looking good. The basic breakdown of the stats in the box underneath the bios is an interesting way of doing it, looking at it a big list with a bunch of icons or something would disrupt the flow of the screen so I like the way it was handled (plus you can click on it for more detail, so it's no biggie), and I see plenty of new powers and abilities already.

The location screenshot look great as well, really looking forward to creating the sites now I see how it will look.

• Like 1