Portrait Generator

Instead of drawn portraits for the various identities how about a generator that creates an image based on race, gender, size etc., randomizing the various facial features to give a limitless variety of characters instead of blank characters when the stock images run out?

I'm playing an indian-based game and it didn't take long for the stock faces to run out, making me search the internet for head-and-shoulder shots to give my wrestlers a sense of identity. Many games use generators and some, like Crusader Kings 2, even allow for the portraits to age.

The portraits could even change in other ways as the years progress. If you included some stock poses to show a worker's state of mind, just by scrolling through the roster I could see who had a positive disposition and who had a negative one just by looking at how they were posing. For example, let's say Damien Dastardly was holding the title he could be showing me life was good, but if I took it away, and he wasn't happy, the next time I clicked on his character he could be staring at me with murder in his eyes.

Also, they could change hair styles and colours, get face tattoos, in interviews they could wear sunglasses, and age, getting bald, an extra chin or two.

It would make character creation limitless and starting a new game, randomizing all workers facial features would make a slightly different Damien Dastardly every time.

Thanks

Instead of drawn portraits for the various identities how about a generator that creates an image based on race, gender, size etc., randomizing the various facial features to give a limitless variety of characters instead of blank characters when the stock images run out?

I'm playing an indian-based game and it didn't take long for the stock faces to run out, making me search the internet for head-and-shoulder shots to give my wrestlers a sense of identity. Many games use generators and some, like Crusader Kings 2, even allow for the portraits to age.

The portraits could even change in other ways as the years progress. If you included some stock poses to show a worker's state of mind, just by scrolling through the roster I could see who had a positive disposition and who had a negative one just by looking at how they were posing. For example, let's say Damien Dastardly was holding the title he could be showing me life was good, but if I took it away, and he wasn't happy, the next time I clicked on his character he could be staring at me with murder in his eyes.

Also, they could change hair styles and colours, get face tattoos, in interviews they could wear sunglasses, and age, getting bald, an extra chin or two.

It would make character creation limitless and starting a new game, randomizing all workers facial features would make a slightly different Damien Dastardly every time.

Thanks

The next best thing to do would be to create your own wrestlers using DAZ Studio or Poser, if you have either of those rendering programs and the characters and related accessories (e.g. hair) to go with them. Search for photos of actual people that you could use for reference, then put your own personal touches on them.

Never going to happen.

Why? It would likely be a large investment but I don't think 'never' is the right word. It would be an incredible feature and I personally would pay double for this game if it had it. Some of the default photos bug me and the real life photos I would rather have recreation of facegen photos. The biggest reason is newly created workers with generic real people photos just dont work for me.

I offered a load of Indian renders I had made to Adam, having uploaded them on the forum etc.

His response was that he "prefers to let the various creators release their work through the mods forum and let people pick and choose what they want".

Therefore it appears that the general design of the game is not going to go this way.

I offered a load of Indian renders I had made to Adam, having uploaded them on the forum etc.

His response was that he "prefers to let the various creators release their work through the mods forum and let people pick and choose what they want".

Therefore it appears that the general design of the game is not going to go this way.

While they renders are great, and it works for fictional universes. I would rather play real world but the stock free pics bug me because most of them dont even look like wrestlers. For real world I would personally prefer a facegen looking Hulk Hogan blended in with fictional pics. I think having a universe of real pics blended in with fictional pics would bug me as well. The best answer IMO is facegen.

This isn't likely to happen for a variety of reasons.

1. The cost of adding facegen is likely going to be too high for a company GDS' size.
  2. TEW is built for its fictional universe and not for real-world mods (though we know a large portion of the player base plays fictional mods) so having something there to better create random-generated workers for real world mods isn't going to be a selling point.
  3. The language that TEW is built in is, I'm going to guess, pre facegen and I doubt it is going to change to accommodate a software they aren't going to use.