[HYPE] The C'Verse 2023

Hello! This is a hype thread for the mod that I am working on that is set in the CornellVerse but will pick up in January 2023, three full years after the starting point of the base game.

The goal of this mod is to give the CVerse an update, have a variety of things happen, new workers, new companies, etc. I have spent the last two or three months brainstorming ideas for what has happened in the CVerse and writing them down and have begun the work on the actual mod itself.

Currently, the estimated time for release is the end of the American summer. I will update that timeline as needed, of course.

Right now, I'm not providing any of the big juicy tidbits -- but here are some things I can tell you!

• My goal is to give at least one independent/small wrestling company to each region in North America. I want to have a much more vibrant wrestling scene where more people are getting work.
  • More companies that have women's wrestling. Either women-specific, integrated, or just divisions on the roster.
  • More wrestlers that are working for multiple independent companies while also letting different companies have rosters that feel different.
  • India having an active wrestling scene.

I wanted to get the hype train rolling. So all aboard!!

Hello! This is a hype thread for the mod that I am working on that is set in the CornellVerse but will pick up in January 2023, three full years after the starting point of the base game.

The goal of this mod is to give the CVerse an update, have a variety of things happen, new workers, new companies, etc. I have spent the last two or three months brainstorming ideas for what has happened in the CVerse and writing them down and have begun the work on the actual mod itself.

Currently, the estimated time for release is the end of the American summer. I will update that timeline as needed, of course.

Right now, I'm not providing any of the big juicy tidbits -- but here are some things I can tell you!

• My goal is to give at least one independent/small wrestling company to each region in North America. I want to have a much more vibrant wrestling scene where more people are getting work.
  • More companies that have women's wrestling. Either women-specific, integrated, or just divisions on the roster.
  • More wrestlers that are working for multiple independent companies while also letting different companies have rosters that feel different.
  • India having an active wrestling scene.

I wanted to get the hype train rolling. So all aboard!!

I had a weird dream last night where in a hypothetical C-Verse 202X Mark Carnie is wanted by the British government, but applies for asylum in the U.S and gets it, and he starts the America's first Shoot-Fight Wrestling promotion.

I don't see this happening in your mod, but I'm still very excited to see what you come up with!

Good luck man, take it from me it is more work than you realise once you get into it lol.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on looking at all stats for workers in detail, or just using the auto-age option in the editor? I found that feature created results that weren't even close to how the game would work with development, but at the same time it would have saved me MONTHS of work on my 2022CVerse mod if I had just used it haha

Awesome. Looking forward to this very much. Couple of questions:

1. Is this going to be post-Covid, historically speaking. Or just ignore it?

2. Are the old title reign histories going to be converted to the same format they have in game? Would happily give this a crack if it isn’t and I can help.

2. Are the old title reign histories going to be converted to the same format they have in game? Would happily give this a crack if it isn’t and I can help.

How do you mean converted to the same format they have in game? You mean with title defences?

How do you mean converted to the same format they have in game? You mean with title defences?

Historical title reigns read like this:

"May 2019 to November 2019"

Whereas when a title changes in-game, they read like this:

"Wk 1, November 2019 to Wk 4, March 2020, 4 defences."

Just an odd difference which makes the title reigns page look a little funny to my eyes.

Historical title reigns read like this:

"May 2019 to November 2019"

Whereas when a title changes in-game, they read like this:

"Wk 1, November 2019 to Wk 4, March 2020, 4 defences."

Just an odd difference which makes the title reigns page look a little funny to my eyes.

Ah yeah, thought that's what you meant. It's something I looked at on my mod as it bugs me too, I put number of defences but I don't do the "wk" part, but I keep having it in the back of my mind that I should. It's even more noticeable with tournaments imo

It's a lot of extra work though, especially going through CVerse lore to see how many events companies had, how often belts are set to be defended, when TV shows started, what weeks events are set to air etc.

Ah yeah, thought that's what you meant. It's something I looked at on my mod as it bugs me too, I put number of defences but I don't do the "wk" part, but I keep having it in the back of my mind that I should. It's even more noticeable with tournaments imo

It's a lot of extra work though, especially going through CVerse lore to see how many events companies had, how often belts are set to be defended, when TV shows started, what weeks events are set to air etc.

It can be, but realistically if you work on the one defense per month (ish), and being that it's a fictional database, you can rattle through quick enough. Also, I'm happy to do it. :)

In fact, there's plenty of missing title histories (I'm looking at NYCW here), which could technically be filled in too. But I understand if Historian would prefer not to do that. Or any of it in fact.

Good luck man, take it from me it is more work than you realise once you get into it lol.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on looking at all stats for workers in detail, or just using the auto-age option in the editor? I found that feature created results that weren't even close to how the game would work with development, but at the same time it would have saved me MONTHS of work on my 2022CVerse mod if I had just used it haha

The plan is to do a mix of both. I want to have eyes on every character in the game -- which is a beast in and of itself, but I also plan on using the auto-ager to give a baseline I can play with.

It is going to ignore COVID as the CVerse takes place in its own universe. I don't plan on converting the old title histories to have the same Wk 1, but the new title histories probably will. If I'm feeling particularly froggy I might tackle that, but it is very low priority for me.

PROGRESS UPDATE

1. The Indian wrestling scene has two active companies with two complete rosters, full title histories, events, stats and roster bios updated as I felt appropriate. The Indian free agents (those who I didn't hire to the two companies) have not yet had their information hit or looked at -- as I plan on saving free agents to the end as I build out the companies.
  2. India has a TV broadcaster and a new pay per view provider.
  3. One new American company has been created, its title histories done and part of its active roster done.

I plan on diving more fully into America now that India has been tackled (I wanted to get India's active stuff done early because some of it may or may not affect other regions).

I have not yet added new, unopened companies to the Indian scene as all new companies (regardless of region) that aren't opened and already in my database are things I'm going to save towards the end of the process so I can see what the world needs.

The plan is to do a mix of both. I want to have eyes on every character in the game -- which is a beast in and of itself, but I also plan on using the auto-ager to give a baseline I can play with.

It is going to ignore COVID as the CVerse takes place in its own universe. I don't plan on converting the old title histories to have the same Wk 1, but the new title histories probably will. If I'm feeling particularly froggy I might tackle that, but it is very low priority for me.

I think we’ve all had enough Covid (not intended to be a political statement) so leaving it out works great for me.

Progress Update #2

• The team working on the mod has expanded. I've welcomed aboard CreeperGav, Dalton, and MHero who are all helping work on various parts of the mod. I'm happy to have their help.

• USPW, SWF, and RIPW have been completed. This means all title histories, roster movements, storylines, etc. have been completed. It also means that for RIPW, several new SWF dojo graduates have been created and put into the game. The rosters for all three companies have been significantly overhauled. I don't want to give too much away because I'm very excited about what's been done with these three companies (and with the US in general). It was important to tackle these first because the happenings in the major companies affect what happens in the lower level companies -- plus with their rosters being so big it was a large chunk of work.

• TCW, EILL, and CWA have all been started -- as has the North American independent scene.

• TCP will be happy to know that I have, when doing new title histories in North America (I might go back to India and do it for those titles) been consistent with the format being Wk. ? - Month - Year and even defenses. I can't say I will go back through all of the pre-mod reigns and do that, but it might happen because it's easier than I thought it would be.

• Next up, TCW will be finished and the North American independent scene will continue to evolve. I plan on activating/creating the North American independent companies as I'm working on TCW.

• Work will continue in Japan (where some work has been started but not enough to update about) and in the British Isles (where there is a firm plan of what all has happened and what changes will be taking place).

• We are continuing to go through the graphics as we work -- updating renders, company graphics, belts, etc.. as we get there.

I also want to give a thanks to KingBison, willr0ck, and London who have agreed to allow some of their graphical work to appear. As well as to Christian_Shane who will be making some work for the mod as well.

Progress Update #3

• Total Championship Wrestling has been completed. Their roster has been updated, title histories done, new graduates, new storylines. There have been lots of changes to TCW (and USPW and SWF for that matter). This makes the American Big Three done -- and because they have been completed it also makes the independent scene already vastly different. They've also had a rippling effect on CWA and EILL. I don't want to spoil too much, but I think people are going to be very excited about the North American wrestling scene's evolution.

• Speaking of the independent scene, several companies across NA have been activated. Their rosters haven't been done yet or title histories, but the independent scene will be much more lively.

Work has continued on Japan and the British Isles.