History of the Cverse

Is there a resource for the history of major events in the Cornellverse. I know parts of it, but I'm so completely bought-in on TEW 2020 that I've lost all comprehension of big events that have happened since the original, which was... 2004 I think?

Is there a resource for the history of major events in the Cornellverse. I know parts of it, but I'm so completely bought-in on TEW 2020 that I've lost all comprehension of big events that have happened since the original, which was... 2004 I think?

The only resource I can think of is this web page: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/

Obviously it’s very old, but I don’t think anybody else has made a new one since then.

That is a blast from the past. But has some good stuff on there. I wonder why it wasn’t kept up to date. Also, now I look for them whatever happened to TEW 2007?

What’s everyone’s favorite piece of history from cverse?

"El Día Del Cambio" - Mexican draft - The Whole situation is wild, promotions actually followed the rules, had a pretty civil draft which was followed on national TV.

Surprisingly, post draft, non-aggression pact between 3 promotions lasted for a few years, rather than everyone backstabbing each other the moment draft ends.

What’s everyone’s favorite piece of history from cverse?

The death of DaVE because the fallout helped the wider world so much.

- Freshened up TCW & SWF rosters

- Vacated #3 spot for USPW to rise & some of their vets went over there

- Created FCW and PSW to bolster the US scene

- Helped sustain PGHW while their pillars were breaking down (Kunomasu, Holmes, Reed all back)

Really gave the CV a much needed facelift and the smaller companies that spawned came right as the crop of MAW talent were graduating and needed places to work.

I think the best piece of canon is the opening of MAW because, for a number of iterations, it was really cool roleplaying as more development focused promotion.

Worst piece of C-Verse canon is Operation Lullaby. I appreciate the attempt to make a fun story, but, man, that literally makes no sense.

People dont like Operation Lullaby? I always thought it was a neat little story hook for 2016 and a fun arc towards SWFs fall. Is it the idea that agents would go undercover in that way thats odd?

I was kinda wondering if it was my favourite historical event (along with the rise of USPW) because it got the game out from under the usual 1: SWF, 2: TCW dynamic with the new option of a battle between a PG WWE-like and a mid-late 00s WWE.

I love the big moments suggested above:

Sam Strong taking over USPW.

Creation of Inspire (although I never know exactly who jumped over).

Lucha Draft.

Death of DAVE.

I would add that I always liked Operation Lullaby too, especially as it seemed to be a dead-end until it wasn't.

Finally I would add Tommy Cornell returning to the UK with 21CW.

I think Operation Lullaby was a little too far fetched yeah. The idea that the agents would have been successful in actually making it to the SWF is such a massive longshot but then the fact that they remain in the industry and are trusted by the wrestling fraternity is crazy. Honestly would have preferred it if Eisen had just been brought down by the IRS or something

i dont know, they struck me as fun 'different sort of dynasty' lead characters to run with.

But in the reality of it, it didnt seem too out there to me, like away from the game dynamics, id expect it to roll out in the way infiltrating a crime network might, with them using the FBIs info networks and resources to bribe / orchestrate / blackmail their way into the right circles. Pariah seemed the most likely to be able to get there in a valet capacity through dating a soon-to-be hiring or some such.

My theory of operation lullaby, is that USPW was working with the IRS to sabotage Richard Eisen and SWF. The reason for this theory is that just when the operation ended, Pariah, who was a part of the investigation, was signed to USPW. And also, USPW had a ruthless popularity increase at the time, so they could've tried to end SWF to add to their rise. But that's just a theory.

Does anyone know when the actual dates of the following in-game events took place:

1. Jeff Nova buys 21CW.

2. Strong retires and buys USPW.

3. INSPIRE breakaway happens.

Like, is there specific months that these things happen, or is that never specified in any of the games?

• 2 weeks later...
I imagine the scandal breaks the month that all of their titles are vacated. You can check the title histories for that, but I believe that it took place in July 2018. As for more extensive details, you’ll have to read the biographies of several WLW wrestlers and alumni.

Cool, thank you.