Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

Speaking of workload, for the first time in making mods I can really see why people do it in teams! When I started the title histories I thought it would be done by end of January. It's Feb 9th now and I have just finished Japan, meaning I still have Europe, Britain and Oceania to go. I may have hugely underestimated the time these take!

• Like 1

The hard work is insanely appreciated! The 2022 mod is one of the best ones out there and makes this game so much more replayable. I've been extremely hyped for the 2026 mod and I absolutely cannot wait to see it finally drop because I'm going to be sinking a lot of hours into it when it does!

Definitely agree. 2022 is such a unique mod in how you can feel the world moving since 2018. So many changes but also, the best thing is how the old guys feel. You really feel that they are great but can't really go anymore. Meanwhile, the newer guys feel refreshing in how long they can go for. 

The level of detail and depth that went into it is amazing. And even more with the inclusion of companies that almost couldn't be called wrestling companies like LUXE and being closer to a TV show with wrestling. 

No need to hurry or get overwhelmed. Take care but I know this mod is both going to be amazing with so many possibilities but also break my heart because so many stuff are going to be different lol

Thanks @Andy and @Shooltra, always good to see new names pop up on here too!

5 hours ago, Shooltra said:

So many changes but also, the best thing is how the old guys feel.

That is something I look at quite closely in testing, the balance between popularity and their ability. Guys like Valiant and Lobster Warrior are still legends who deserve respect, but I feel like in the mod you know you are booking their final run!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Thanks @Andy and @Shooltra, always good to see new names pop up on here too!

That is something I look at quite closely in testing, the balance between popularity and their ability. Guys like Valiant and Lobster Warrior are still legends who deserve respect, but I feel like in the mod you know you are booking their final run!

Definitely - Scotty's stats + time decline have made me too scared to book RSW yet, even though they feel like a great "blank canvas" type promotion! 

It feels completely justified, too - a bit like TNA in the early 2010s where you've got guys who are draws, but can't really go anymore (it can be argued that Scotty could never truly go >.>)

Super excited to see the progress being made to 2026, btw!

4 hours ago, Acey said:

Definitely - Scotty's stats + time decline have made me too scared to book RSW yet, even though they feel like a great "blank canvas" type promotion! 

It feels completely justified, too - a bit like TNA in the early 2010s where you've got guys who are draws, but can't really go anymore (it can be argued that Scotty could never truly go >.>)

Super excited to see the progress being made to 2026, btw!

The crazy thing about RSW, if you are interested, is that there are unpopular guys who are incredible and can pull 60 performances so you can get great matches easily within a few months by pushing the right guys. Then, Scotty or Money really are here to get 90+ angles ratings to round it up. 

Plus, Willow in the women's division is incredible at carrying and no matter how bad the opponent, she won't drop below 60

Honestly, you can get +2 in size in one month super easily. And if you cancel the TV contracts and pick up new ones, money is never a problem and you can even get to big by the time Rocky Golden comes back in a similar way to how Punk debuted for AEW. 

If you are interested in a comfort promotion where you can easily grow without rivals, it's a good pick and not as stressful as it looks like^^

6 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

That was the vibe I was going for, a bit of that and WCW without all the backstage problems. 

Honestly if you ever have the time, I would absolutely love to get a more behind-the-scenes look on some of the companies and workers and how you came up with the stories behind them and the inspirations behind them. USPW and DAVID immediately spring to mind as well as some of the guys like Sammy Bach, Scotty Surpreme, and Robbie Retro who are a stark contrast from their default C-Verse selves (I’d especially love to hear about Retro because his crazed cuckold gimmick is so good I had to steal it for my default TCW save).

15 hours ago, Shooltra said:

The crazy thing about RSW, if you are interested, is that there are unpopular guys who are incredible and can pull 60 performances so you can get great matches easily within a few months by pushing the right guys. Then, Scotty or Money really are here to get 90+ angles ratings to round it up. 

Plus, Willow in the women's division is incredible at carrying and no matter how bad the opponent, she won't drop below 60

Honestly, you can get +2 in size in one month super easily. And if you cancel the TV contracts and pick up new ones, money is never a problem and you can even get to big by the time Rocky Golden comes back in a similar way to how Punk debuted for AEW. 

If you are interested in a comfort promotion where you can easily grow without rivals, it's a good pick and not as stressful as it looks like^^

That's great advice! I had a look at them again yesterday after talking about them here, and I just kept feeling like the main event was too dire to try to book. I assumed the Scotty/Money promo stuff would be needed to carry through to serviceable ratings, but I will have another look at the undercard to see who I could push.

Willow has always been one of the reasons I want to book this promotion - she is just an amazing babyface underdog who gives so many ways she can be booked! The women's division in general has great potential since RSW is the only US entertainment-first company that runs such a division. It's a cool differentiator.

11 hours ago, Andy said:

Honestly if you ever have the time, I would absolutely love to get a more behind-the-scenes look on some of the companies and workers and how you came up with the stories behind them and the inspirations behind them. USPW and DAVID immediately spring to mind as well as some of the guys like Sammy Bach, Scotty Surpreme, and Robbie Retro who are a stark contrast from their default C-Verse selves (I’d especially love to hear about Retro because his crazed cuckold gimmick is so good I had to steal it for my default TCW save).

Same - Lavelle has a real knack of making stars out of people! Cowboy Buck Winchester, John Snyder, and Sayeed Ali/ESA are three of my favourite characters in CV22 as well.

14 hours ago, Andy said:

Robbie Retro

That Robbie Retro storyline/character change actually came from a long storyline I did on an SWF save. I think I tried to get some of the lore of that down in bios/starting storyline in maybe the'18 version of the mod? I may still have the notes from my save on an old USB stick somewhere for more info, but I remember it was really fun to write and was built over the course of around a year.

Turning him from Robbie to Robert (while very simple) was also partly inspired by Joseph Connors, if anyone remembers him from NXT UK? In my local indy many years ago he took a young babyface "Robbie X" under his wing and renamed him "Robert X". Except Connors kept messing up every promo by accidentally still calling him Robbie, the whole thing was really bad as the fans were just casuals and families who didn't really follow the story and hated any mic work anyway (they just wanted to see matches) and the whole thing bombed so badly it was horrible to witness lol

Random non-prediction non-wish but a secret third thing: Mabuchi Furusawa has used his CZCW money to buy GCG, turned them back to a touring company and has stopped the war with the canvas off-shoots. Mitsukuri and Kinoshita are turning into superstars while one of SUKI and Furusawa has gotten way too injured from carrying the company through the dark times.

12 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

That Robbie Retro storyline/character change actually came from a long storyline I did on an SWF save. I think I tried to get some of the lore of that down in bios/starting storyline in maybe the'18 version of the mod? I may still have the notes from my save on an old USB stick somewhere for more info, but I remember it was really fun to write and was built over the course of around a year.

Turning him from Robbie to Robert (while very simple) was also partly inspired by Joseph Connors, if anyone remembers him from NXT UK? In my local indy many years ago he took a young babyface "Robbie X" under his wing and renamed him "Robert X". Except Connors kept messing up every promo by accidentally still calling him Robbie, the whole thing was really bad as the fans were just casuals and families who didn't really follow the story and hated any mic work anyway (they just wanted to see matches) and the whole thing bombed so badly it was horrible to witness lol

It’s honestly pretty cool to see something from a personal save make it into your mod. I loved the lore surrounding his heel turn and psychotic streak but I love hearing about the creative process behind it even more!

Honestly I’m not sure how much of your thought process and notes about the mod are logged (e.g. on the old USB stick for example) but I would absolutely love to eventually see a short series of posts detailing what went into the making of the mod and the directions of the major companies/wrestlers within it! (If you’d be down for it of course)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy said:

It’s honestly pretty cool to see something from a personal save make it into your mod. I loved the lore surrounding his heel turn and psychotic streak but I love hearing about the creative process behind it even more!

Honestly I’m not sure how much of your thought process and notes about the mod are logged (e.g. on the old USB stick for example) but I would absolutely love to eventually see a short series of posts detailing what went into the making of the mod and the directions of the major companies/wrestlers within it! (If you’d be down for it of course)

I'm not sure if you have seen already but I wrote some stuff out on the first page of this thread in posts, but it was a lot of work and no one really commented or even liked the posts so I assumed there wasn't much interest. But I think there is more detail on SWF, TCW, USPW, INSPIRES, 21CW, RAW. I don't remember what I put though but was more about where the company is it in game terms rather than my process

However it is something I'd be willing to do, although I don't ever make notes so it can be hard to remember exactly why I did certain things!

6 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

I'm not sure if you have seen already but I wrote some stuff out on the first page of this thread in posts, but it was a lot of work and no one really commented or even liked the posts so I assumed there wasn't much interest. But I think there is more detail on SWF, TCW, USPW, INSPIRES, 21CW, RAW.

Those posts are essential IMO before starting a new save. Probably people thought of them as something like promotion notes/mod info, hence lack of engagement.

20 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

I'm not sure if you have seen already but I wrote some stuff out on the first page of this thread in posts, but it was a lot of work and no one really commented or even liked the posts so I assumed there wasn't much interest. But I think there is more detail on SWF, TCW, USPW, INSPIRES, 21CW, RAW. I don't remember what I put though but was more about where the company is it in game terms rather than my process

That’s actually one of my favorite things about this mod. The lore given in those posts about the different companies is, in my opinion, vital to appreciating just how great the mod is. I love going through and reading it and learning something new each time I do. It really helps me immerse myself into the alternate reality that was created in this mod. I hope there’s something similar for the 2026 mod but I understand if there isn’t because I can’t imagine all of the work you’ve already put into making the mod.

19 hours ago, SanX said:

Those posts are essential IMO before starting a new save. Probably people thought of them as something like promotion notes/mod info, hence lack of engagement.

Big agree but the level of detail that goes into the bios also is amazing and you really the details and how it influences the company there. Like Lobster who wants to end his career by wrestling in front of as many crowd as possible. 

There are also little stories you have to connect like the screwjob of EWA, the Hotel's controversy of Warrior Queen or the 2020 era of BOH following SWF's change of direction. 

It's really one mod where playing the former one will give you an added value because you can see a guy like Scotty having his prime in 2018 and then see him as he can't go. Or see a midcarder with potential in Remmy Skye in 2018 and see him as the biggest US star in 2022. 

Every new promotion introduces you at least to a new piece of lore and some even add a new playstyle.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 6:11 PM, SanX said:

12 hours ago, Andy said:

That’s actually one of my favorite things about this mod. The lore given in those posts about the different companies is, in my opinion, vital to appreciating just how great the mod is.

6 hours ago, Shooltra said:

the Hotel's controversy of Warrior Queen

I actually read some of those posts again last night. I forgot they were that long (and SO many typos I would have fixed if I was on the laptop0 I may consider it again, I'll see how fried my brain is when it comes to it lol

The Warrior Queen stuff is from the Willr0ck add-on, but I do like you noticed the EWA stuff!

5 hours ago, dabramaitys said:

Just a quick question as I'm setting up my TCW save: Why do Raymond Diaz and Mighty Mo start in TCW with morale issues? It says because of the booking of a match. Any lore reasons here for me to sink my teeth into?

With Mighty Mo it is because they booked him to lose to Nigel Svensson - Nigel also has positive starting moral for the victory. Mighty Mo is stuck in the midcard, chilly momentum and Nigel is the new heel they are trying to build up and that was one of his good early wins.

Diaz - looking again I maybe should have reworded his profile as I wrote he "has started putting over younger talent" when really it should be "he has been used to put over younger talent". He was booked to lose to Jay Chord cleanly at Hotter Than Hell and with Raymond Diaz having a "business mindset" and Jay Chord being new to the main event scene I think TCW would have booked a clean finish, not keeping Diaz strong or anything, using Chord matching Diaz as a way to put him over and boost his overness, which would have lowered Diaz. I imagine Diaz would not have liked that but with no other moral issues TCW would have decided it was worth annoying him to establish Chord before making him their new number one heel

• Like 1

Not much of a 2026 update today - a couple of weeks of covid has really slowed things down, but title histories from USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan and British Isles are now completed, as well as the new non-workers created from all five of those regions thanks to @KyTeran help

However, I have just noticed the downloads for the 2022 mod has now gone over 2500 which is more than I expected so I just wanted to post and thank everyone who has downloaded!

• Like 7

AI PICS ON 2026 MOD

This is something I have been messaged about a few times, and something I had been thinking about. I know people have mixed reactions to AI pics so I thought I would share my plan for them on the next version of the mod.

The main thing I will be doing is including AI pictures as extra free pics. I will be giving them a different file name (AIFP_AsianFemale) so that they will be easy to delete in the editor for anyone who doesn't like them. I will also only be including ones that I think best match how the CVerse renders look, although obviously that is subjective.

I hadn't planned to use any as default character pictures, however that has changed slightly. Because this mod needs a lot more non-wrestlers (refs, announcers etc) I have used AI pictures for some of them, otherwise there would be no free pictures for future non-wrestlers.

Secondly I have decided to use some for masked workers. I thought about that a lot and originally I was worried AI pictures would stand out...but because of how far rendering has come the decade old masked renders that were still in use were standing out anyway. So there will be some AI default renders, but I believe it will be a good thing. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

2026 UPDATE

I have come up with a plan for the 2026 release that I think will work pretty well. 

As I mentioned before, the 2026 mod has a hell of a lot more promotions, that is already bringing excellent results, and feels more how TEW should work. It means new workers are finding jobs, unknowns are having more chances to make it big, and it isn't the same old workers every save becoming popular. However, due to load times there will be two releases, a normal release and an extended one. On top of that I was already planning to do some region specific releases, as in testing I have already found having just a very loaded USA (for example) makes things run better than having every region open, but with less promotions in each region.

I know those versions might not be for everyone, but at least there is the option. Because I was already thinking of doing those versions of the mod I have decided it would make sense to release "Beta" versions of the mod as I complete each region. So for example, I am currently working on USA, once that is done I will delete all the foreign promotions/workers and release as a USA beta. That way I hope I will get feedback on any mistakes, as well as feedback on how promotions run. So if, for example, SWF is too easy or too hard I can work on balancing stats before a full release, rather than releasing a potentially broken final product. It also means people will get versions of the mod sooner, which I know some people want!

So at the minute I am working on USA, and I have already fully completed SWF, TCW, BOH, B-Wild and RIPW. Due to roster sizes and nature of BOH that is the three biggest companies done already, so things are on there way finally!

• Like 10

Hey, this is quite off-topic, but i gotta say Thank you @lavelleuk, and the other amazing helpers off this mod. I haven't had TEW for a while, and i remember being in a Discord Voice Chat with my friends. one of them said The ALTVerse Dropped {I had No idea what the ALTVerse was} and seeing my friend start a save. and we all are just amazed by the effort that we saw with the mod. just looking over companies Laughing at USPW falling {We all Don't really like USPW}, and the DAVID review put me in stitches. We Eventually did a CoOp TCW Save, which was a barrel of laughs. I eventually got the game first mod i installed was this, And playing with PCW was one of my best saves. This is me saying thank you for this Amazing Mod. Made me appreciate CVerse and Mod making. I hope the making of 2026 Goes well. i cannot wait to download.