Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

I am very happy to announce that the 2022 Alternative CornellVerse Mod is now released!!!

The Data File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vw0nvbysz0tni3o/TEW2020.mdb/file

The Picture File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ovjbfilwoaf6oc3/AltCornellVerse2022.rar/file

1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23

AAA Now Owned By The Women's Network

1.04 RELEASED 30 SEP 22

SPW Tag Team Titles Added Back To The Data

1.03 RELEASED 07 SEP 22

Sandra Sui Added (AAA Referee)

Aerial Assault Wrestling Typo Fixed

Kira Claybourne Available To Work In The British Isles

Melissa Abernathy Now Working In RAW Under Her Own Name

CVFP_AsianFemale (282) – (300) Added

CVFP_AsianMale (346) Added

CVFP_BlackFemale (183) – (185) Added

CVFP_HispanicMale (207) and (208) Added

CVFP_MaskedFemale (120) – (122) Added

CVFP_WhiteFemale (814) Added

CVFP_WhiteMale (1373) – (1377) Added

1.02  RELEASED 02 SEP 22

175 Future Promotions Added

Queen Raya Added

Namie Nakashima Added

Nanase Hamasaki Added

Bloody Nora Added

CVFP_AsianFemale (263) – (281) Added

CVFP_AsianMale (345) Added

CVFP_BlackFemale (180) – (182) Added

CVFP_BlackMale (464) – (465) Added

CVFP_HispanicMale (206)

CVFP_IndianFemale (22) – (23) Added

CVFP_IndianMale (114) – (117) Added

CVFP_PacificMale (104) – (106) Added

CVFP_WhiteFemale (806) – (813) Added

CVFP_WhiteMale (1357) – (1372) Added

NOTBPW Mens Title Lineage Fixed

BCG Schedule Altered

Lacey Montgomery And Shawn Montgomery Birthdays Switched To Reflect Bios

Robert Casey Now Canadian And Bio Fixed To Reflect That

Pictures In “Extra Logos” Folder Have Been Organised Better

APW Thunder Added (Inactive)

SWF Assault Added (Inactive)

SWF Xtreme TV Added (Inactive)

SWF Prime Added (Inactive)

AAA Women Of Wrestling Added (Inactive)

21CW Kingdom Added (Inactive)

21CW United Added (Inactive)

1.01 RELEASED 12 AUG 22

Various Renders Updated

Daisy Doom Added

RockStar Wrestling Name Fixed

2018 End Of Year Award For Most Improved Company Changed To 21CW

Becky Jo Johnson Bio Spelling Mistake Fixed

Mitch Naess Bio Altered

CVFP_WhiteFemale (799) – (805) Added

CVFP_WhiteMale (1346) – (1356) Added

CVFP_AsianFemale (261) – (262) Added

CVFP_HispanicFemale (150) – (151) Added

CVFP_HispanicMale (205) Added

CVFP_BlackMale (462) – (463) Added

Alex DeColt Picture Assigned In Contract

21CW Logo And Banner And Title Pictures Updated

Joseph Dalli Now Speaks Fluent English

Dread & Dreadnought Relationship Added

The Kiev Behemoth Name Changed To The Kyiv Behemoth

SOTBPW Lucha Libre Now Airs On Thursday

Sam Strong Bio Updated And He Is Now Deceased

I am sure a lot of your saw my Alternative CornellVerse 2018 mod, but for those that didn’t - the mod took the default 2016 database and moved it forward two years. This 2022 version has taken my 2018 data and moved that forward another four years. I still looked at what happened in 2020 data, but this mod is a unique take on the CVerse, with many more workers and companies added worldwide.

This mod includes:

• MORE WORKERS! There are 1,654 EXTRA workers in the 2022 Alt CVerse Mod compared to the 2020 default database. The default database features 2,649 workers, this mod features A whopping 4,303 workers. This includes 1,443 extra active wrestlers at the start of the game, with the mod having 3,155 compared to the 1,695 in the default data.

•MORE COMPANIES! There are 53 more active companies at the start of the game, with 88 active promotions compared to the 35 in the 2020 default data. There are also companies with more varied products, and on top of that there are still another 247 ‘yet to open’ companies, which is 218 more than the default data’s 29.

•WOMEN’S WRESTLING! The 2022 Alt CVerse Mod features over 3X as many female wrestlers. While the default data only has 183 female wrestlers, this mod has 628, an incredible 445 more women to choose from. On top of that there are now 13 active all-female wrestling companies, 6x more than the default data’s two women’s promotions.

• LONG-TERM SAVES! As well as the 247 yet to open companies, there is also a crazy 4,803 free worker pictures. That means you can turn on ‘picture requirement’ in settings and not have to worry about running out of pictures. On top of that, if you are someone who hates duplicated pictures you can mass edit every worker to not regenerate, meaning your games will only create new, unique character pictures and will still be able to create new workers years and years in the future. This mod features 3,885 more free pictures than the default data, making it much more future proof. On top of that, all the future workers feature the latest graphics, with the older outdated default free worker pictures removed. Because of that I changed the way free workers file names are saved, meaning if you want those workers you can easily import them into the database.

• UPDATED GRAPHICS! Thanks to the fantastic community the mod features all updated graphics available, from event logos, broadcaster graphics or worker renders. Please note – I know not everyone will agree with the renders I have used for workers, but because I wanted only top-quality free pictures I have made difficult choices on which to use for workers. My thinking was that if someone likes a particular render for a worker they can add that picture as they see fit – I didn’t like how much top quality work was being wasted acting as workers alter-egos.

• INCLUDES OTHER COMMUNITY MODS! The Alt 2022 CornellVerse mod features add-ons like willr0ck’s women’s revolution mod, King Bison’s TITAN factory wrestling mod and many more! These add-ons are listed in the editor. It also has a company created exclusively by boxofwhispers.

• EVERYTHING LOOKED AT! They may be the main features, but a lot of work has gone into things like company relations, worker relationships, training facilities, injury history etc.

So there you have it! I hope everyone enjoys. I would love feedback please, both general comments but also I would love to hear how things are playing so I know if anything needs looked at. I would really appreciate it if I could get feedback on how worker relationships work when playing saves, I did a few tests that went very well, but they can be overpowering so please let me know if they need looked at. On top of that, let me know about any mistakes, from the tiniest type to the biggest game breaker! And if you see any free workers going to the wrong race please inform me too!

The Data File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vw0nvbysz0tni3o/TEW2020.mdb/file

The Picture File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ovjbfilwoaf6oc3/AltCornellVerse2022.rar/file

A few notes

• The BOH Hades, TITAN factory and Knights: The Muscle Crunch Challenge DOJO’S Are set to have new graduates turned off, with four years’ worth of future graduates already in the database. this is because BOH and TFW need more unique graduates to fit the promotion, and The Muscle Crunch Challenge is a TV series that produces one winner a year.

• Once again, India is not features in the mod. If TEW gets a new game with more work done in India and if I continue this mod to future years I may consider India.

• In the picture folder you will see a folder called “extra pics”. This is a lot of random stuff I have collected that can be used in games. It has all the free pictures I removed from the default data, but it also has unused company logos, complete company sets (so logos and belts), extra random belts and also a section that features some great, unused renders. these are renders that have not been used as future workers but that have more than one picture per character. I didn’t want to use them as free pictures as you would only be able to select one picture, so these are ones you can look at manually. There are also some renders that don’t really work as free pics but could work for BOH or ZEN, they are in their own folders, as well as some old workers that, again, don’t work as free pictures but you can potentially add for aging workers as you advance in a save. All the folders are well organised, there is 2,888 pictures in that folder so there are all sorts of stuff that might help.

• Some write-ups will follow in the posts below, as well as preview pictures for the various companies.

Lastly, big shout out to all the community guys who create renders, logos, belts etc. In the editor I have named people individually, but if i have missed anyone please let me know!

The Data File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vw0nvbysz0tni3o/TEW2020.mdb/file

Edited by lavelleuk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

USA #1

image.thumb.png.66cb7cd38e1c099c158eb65132e791d2.png

image.thumb.png.8e15b4de94b1aba8ba056e2035270dff.png

ZMCkiiS.png

Despite a lot of upheaval over the last few years, the Supreme Wrestling Federation have managed to regain the number one spot in America.

It was business as usual in 2018. Scotty Supreme had an epic World Heavyweight title run, making 22 defences between July 2017 and November 2018. During that time Angry Gilmore and Robert Retro were involved in a classic feud, including an epic I Quit match at Times Of Trouble, where Gilmore said the words I Quit in order to save his wife Jessie, only for Robert Retro to throw her off the stage anyway and ending her SWF career. It was Retro who defeated Scotty for the World Title, winning it for the first time, and he had a great heel run with the belt, before dropping it back to Scotty six months later.

2018 also saw Captain Atomic win the North America title two more times during his feud with Disciples Of Greed, beating the leader John Greed for the belt in the May, losing to Effigy in July, only to win it back in the October. The Disciples Of Greed also dominated the tag team division that year, with Scythe and Hellion starting to the year as tag team champions, and by the end of the year they were three-time holders. While there were no major signings or departures in 2018, they did make a surprise hire in comedy luchador El Hijo Del Zonk, who settled into the Shooting Star division nicely.

2019 started with SWF signing BOH stars Chris Caulfield and Rick Law and there were apparently major plans in store for the two. Sadly, Rick Law’s ‘good cop’ gimmick didn’t seem to fly in 2019, and Chris Caulfield was too broken down to keep up with the roster, having been largely protected by BOH’s cinematic matches. While those two failed to make the impact head booker Jack Bruce had hoped for, the company continued to draw thanks to a strong main event scene. Retro and Gilmore’s feud continued, this time with the world title involved, and Scotty Supreme kept up his momentum, including regaining the belt in May. He had good victories over Retro, Rogue and The Crippler, before John Greed’s main event push was cemented with a victory over Scotty at November’s Break Like The Wind. There was some bad news though, Angry Gilmore tore his Achilles in the June and missed a year of action, and truthfully he has never quite been the same since. The Disciples Of Greed continues to be heavily featured, but Scythe was moved into a solo role, including a North America title victory, and they lost Effigy, aka Lassana Makutsi, when he was fired after being arrested in April. There was a lot more roster turnover in 2019 too, along with multiple call-ups from RIPW, SWF signed Joss Thompson from USPW and American Buffalo from TCW, but they also lost Rogue and Steven Parker to USPW, and Ekuma to RAW.

2020 started off smoothly enough, but in April everything went crazy – Richard Eisen was forced into retirement when it turned out SWF roster member Davie Renluenn was actually undercover IRS agent Benjamin Cardillo. Cardillo was part of ‘operation lullaby’ a joint FBI/IRS investigation into the dodgy finances of Richard Eisen. While the investigation didn’t find anything too damning, it did force Richard into retirement, with his son Eric replacing him as SWF owner.

Eric had obviously thought about what he would do when his dad retired as he made many instant changes. He put himself in charge of creative, which led to long-time SWF employees and wrestling legends Jack Bruce and Christian Faith leaving the company. He then announced SWF was going back to their more traditional ‘attitude’ style, which he felt they needed in order to make themselves different to USPW and TCW. On that note, he also got rid of anything he felt was too USPW style cheesy, firing the likes of Masked Patriot, Freedom Eagle and Hawkeye Calhoun, as well as anyone who was ‘too southern’ such as Ranger, Marshall Dillon Samsung Sharp and Hoss Handley. On top of that he let Danny Rushmore go and helped Fox Mask fulfil his dream of working in Japan, getting him a job with BHOTWG. Freshening up the roster continued over the year, veteran managers Shane Sneer and Brains McGhee were soon gone, Chill and Avalanche were deemed not good enough and in December he even let The Crippler aka Lobster Warrior leave when his contract wasn’t renewed, and Eric let long-time SWF official Ric Young leave for RockStar wrestling. The company also lost Primus Allen to BOH, although Eric actually fought hard to keep him.

The in-ring product improved immensely with Eisen in charge. The shooting star division began to focus more on top quality wrestling, rather than comedy, and he began pushing the likes of Remmy Skye, Mikey James and Frankie Perez, three of the companies better in-ring competitors. The big storyline of 2020 though was scythe turning on the Disciples Of Greed. He went after his former stable mates, who by this point included Morbid Angel, and took them out one-by-one, before he beat john greed for the world title in the main event of the supreme challenge. A monster like Scythe being pushed as an unstoppable babyface was unlike SWF, and was a sign that Eric Eisen was much more in touch with the modern fan that his dad Richard or Jack Bruce.

January 2021 saw the most significant change that Eric Eisen has bought in since taking over. With his dad no longer around to shoot him down, Eisen was finally able to announce the launch of his long-time dream for SWF – The SWF Network. With their own network SWF have been able to increase their visibility worldwide, whilst also allowing them to control what content they are able to produce without having to worry about the network objecting. The service has been a huge success, with SWF suddenly flush with cash whilst growing their international fan base.

While the network was a huge sign of much SWF was changing behind the scenes, there were also massive signs that they were changing their in-ring focus as well. The same month the network was launched, SWF also announced there their biggest draw over the last few years, Scotty Supreme, was leaving the company, with Eric letting his contract run down. That announcement was huge news in wrestling, and the reactions hadn’t even died down before another main event star was also on his way out, this time John Greed was allowed to join BOH, with Eisen wanting everything about his SWF to feel fresh. Part of this fresh approach was a renewed strong push for Japanese group NEO – they were turned heel in 2020 and were pushed as almost unstoppable, with Ino winning the world title from Scythe at January’s When Hell Freezes Over. Soon they would kick off a storyline that truly moved SWF into the modern era. With Eisen wanted to move Remmy Skye into the number one babyface position, he had him team up with the Cali Dragons to feud with NEO. The feud provided fantastic matches throughout all of 2021, and Skye’s world title win at the 2021 Supreme Challenge was a huge success, with Eisen positioning him as the companies figurehead after. Ino would win the title again by the end of the year, and the feud continues to draw great money and high praise from both casual and hardcore fans alike.

2021 also saw SWF created a few new titles. In January the hardcore title was created, with nick booth becoming the first holder. A few new hardcore workers were needed to fill out the division, with the likes of Axel Cash, Raheem Stash and Cerberus joining the roster. Further up the card Freddy Huggins was also hired from TCW, and he seems to be going through a career resurgence. In order to create more content for the network SWF ran their first ever supreme rumble event, a show that has a battle royal in the main event, with the winner getting a trophy and a future title shot. At the end of the year they also ran their new supremacy tournament, a midcard tournament with the winning getting the supremacy title belt which he gets to wear for the whole calendar year. These changes, as well as a more detailed focus on the whole card have helped everyone seem more important, with the likes of the Great Kinjite, Animal Harker, The Awesomeness and Lil Henry suddenly feeling like potential future stars.

Notable Signings:

Rick Law

Joss Thompson

Freddy Huggins

Omar Brown

Harlem Haynes

Notable Departures:

Jack Bruce

Scotty Supreme

Rogue

The Crippler

John Greed

Hot Prospects:

Nick Booth

Matty Faith

Aldous Blackfriar

Lenny Brown

High Flyin Hawaiian

ZalqLRd.png

Back in 2018 United States Pro Wrestling were by far the biggest promotion in the world. Owned by billionaire Allen Packer and airing on Reverie, USPW had used their vast fortune to poach the biggest names in America to crush the competition and grow their brand globally. Despite all their success, some cracks had already started to show in 2017 – scrapping the Women’s division was a controversial decision, Running Wolf was suing the company, Rick Law had quit, before a mass-walkout over backstage moral, and finally Rich Money had decided to leave for TCW. However, as long as ratings were strong and money was flowing, Packer was happy, and behind the scene’s he was getting closer and closer to certain main event stars, who had his ear and were able to influence his decisions. With money, creative control and a celebrity lifestyle, many of USPW’s stars had started to act like rock stars first and wrestlers second, with drink, drugs and steroids running rampant.

2018 started in a similar fashion. Bryan Vessey was bringing it in the main event, putting on great matches with Sammy Bach and Joey Morgan, before losing the title to Brandon James (going by Big Money Brandon) and putting on a match of the year contender against Remo. On top of that the likes of Steve Frehley and Nicky Champion were at the top of their games, and Ross Henry was really starting to make an impact. 2018 saw them add War Machine to their main event scene, signing from 21CW, and at the end of the year Roger Cage, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Findlay O’Farraday were signed on huge contracts, moving over from BOH. Despite these big money signings once again trouble was brewing, with Nate DeMarcus quitting due to the amount of bullying he received, and Charlie Thatcher quite after getting into a fight with Kurt Laramee.

Unsurprisingly 2019 kicked off with yet another huge signing, once again signing a top 21CW talent, this time the babyface Adam Matravers. He was signed to one of the biggest contracts in wrestling history, although his time in America wasn’t a long one. He was politicked out of several big wins early on, and soon he was seen as just another member of the roster, and by the time he chose to leave less than three years later he popularity had took a big hit. He has since spoken out about how much he hated his time in USPW, criticising big stars like Remo, Brandon James and Steve Frehley for their lifestyle and attitude backstage.

Tragedy also struck early on in 2019, as wrestling legend and former USPW owner Sam Strong sadly passed away in his sleep. USPW arranged a tribute show to Strong, including bringing back Alicia Strong and Melody for a one-off women’s match. While the event was very touching for the most part, the whole thing was overshadowed by a very controversial main event. Sam Strong mentor Nicky Champion was supposed to defeat Steve Frehley for the USPW World title, in what was intended to be the ultimate feelgood moment. However, once again creative control came into play, and instead the show ended with Rahmel Goode making a shock debut, costing Champion the match and standing tall over him, ending a show dedicated to a loveable legend by advancing a heel angle. That incident was said to be the last straw for a few people, D.C. Rayne and Eddie Howard would leave for TCW that same month, it was one of the reasons Freddie Datsun soon retired, and why American Machine and Joss Thompson chose to leave. More significantly though, it was the moment Nicky Champion chose to see out his contract and leave for RAW in August 2019.

While the hardcore and long-term USPW fans were furious at what happened, and even more angry to lose one of their lost beloved babyfaces, truthfully it still didn’t have an effect on how USPW were performing. Champion had never been allowed to be seen as being on the same level of Steve Frehley or Remo, and after being used to establish Rahmel Goode in America his stock had never been lower. That said, he did have one last classic moment in the promotion, as a Steve Frehley & Nicky Champion v Sammy Bach & Joey Morgan match became an instant classic. His gap in the main event scene was also filled by other lucrative signings, Rogue joined from SWF, Jonathan Faust from 21CW and then the biggest signing of all when they managed to pry away Rocky Golden, once more breaking the bank with what is rumoured to be the first ever 1,000,000 per-months contract in the history of the wrestling business. Despite the wages of the USPW stars getting higher and higher, with even midcard acts like KC Glenn, The Force and Danny Fonzarelli earning over 1million a year, the cashflow was increasing for USPW, and the promotion was said to worth over half a billion by itself.

The Rocky Golden signing happened in January 2020, so it looked like the year was setting up to be one of USPW’s most successful yet. That proved to be a false dawn though – while business was good in February 2020, with a Remo vs. Steve Frehley title change drawing record viewers, behind the scenes things were getting much worse. Casey Valentine suffered a drug overdose leading to more lower-card workers choosing to end there contracts, this time Syd Collier and Cameron Jones, before long-time veteran announces Danny Jillefski also decided it was time to call time on his career, retiring a month later. The departures continued over the next few months, Emily McQueen quit due to the backstage atmosphere, Omar Brown and Harlem Haynes left for SWF. James Justice was also released from his contract, which many put down to his known issues with Brandon James. The biggest departure though was Bryan Vessey, who accepted big money from FCW to leave USPW, after which he was very scathing about the likes of Brandon James and Steve Frehley. They did make a few big signings in that time, albeit not quite megastar level, but they were perhaps the most significant signings USPW ever made – in April 2020, fresh off Project Lullaby in SWF, USPW signed the trio of Benjamin Cardillo, John Piercy and Angela Bruin and positioned them as huge babyfaces to the anti-SWF crowd.

Throughout the rest of 2020 Remo was having an epic title run, holding the belt for over a year, putting on classic matches with Adam Matravers and KC Glenn. With the main event scene still having some of the biggest stars in North America, the midcard also featured workers who would be stars in pretty much any other company worldwide. Ross Henry, Matravers and Manhunter held the National title, Jesus Chavez and Canadian Crusher were battling it out for the Television title, and the likes of Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Findlay O’Farraday held the tag team titles. There were other fights going on too, but these one’s were backstage. Former boxing champion Killer Carl Montgomery become a locker room hero when he knocked out one of the most hated men in wrestling, Kurt Laramee, on a night out. A month later Air Attack Wiesel was arrested for a DUI, costing him his job in another sign of how out of control the roster was getting. In October there were more arrests when Sammy Bach and Dharma Gregg were arrested for drug possession, although the two pals of Allen Packer were able to keep their jobs. At the end of the year things finally went completely out of control, Allen Packer took half the roster out to party on New Years Eve, and after lots of drink and coke the locker room ended up fighting each other and multiple members of the public, leading to arrests and head booker Robbie Sanchez having to deal with the police at 1am Christmas morning. Sanchez was largely regarded as the brains behind USPW’s success, but he finally reached his breaking point and quit, alongside Dawn Gemmell, and neither have been seen in wrestling since.

While Allen Packer was quick to try and smooth things over to the Reverie board of directors, the worst was yet to come for the promotion. In February 2021 before a show the backstage area was raided by police, who had been secretly working with Benjamin Cardillo, John Piercy and Angela Bruin who had been making note of all the illegal activities they had been witness to. The police found hard drugs and plenty of steroids, and Allen Packer was suspended by Reverie. A month later Valiant would leave USPW in order to sign for SOTBPW and soon after KC Glenn left for Japan, joining WLW after what can only be described as a disappointing run. However, the biggest tragedy happened between those two events. Allen Packer, the billionaire genius behind Dream and reverie was found dead in a cheap hotel room, a needle in his arm and his possessions stolen by prostitutes. He was only forty years old.

In August 2021 the investigation was complete and the Reverie board of directors set into action. Over the course of 24 hours news trickled out about the fate of many of the biggest names in professional wrestling. The first was Rocky Golden, when it was announced that he was being allowed out of his contract and that they had offered anyone who wanted it a way to leave. Shortly after Rogue and Adam Matravers took them up on the offer, and by the night Ross Henry, George Wolfe and Bradley Blaze joined them. By the end of the day it had been announced that over twenty members of the roster had been fired for bullying, drugs or steroids including Brandon James, Remo, Steve Frehley, Joey Morgan, Sammy Bach. While some of those who left have since found other jobs, or created their own promotion in DAVID, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine instead went to rehab for their drug addictions.

Reverie wanted done with wrestling completely, and so once they replenished the USPW roster with MAW workers they sold off MAW, getting an undisclosed amount for the promotion and its history from Japanese company INSPIRES. In October 2021 Reverie announced the sale of USPW to another billionaire in the form on Bill Walton. He is said to genuine believe he can turn the companies fortunes around, although USPW is suffering from a severe PR problem. Because of that attendances and ratings are down for the first time in years, and with multiple workers remaining on the roster on massive contracts they may actually find themselves having a genuine cashflow problem. Eric Tyler has been appointed the company head booker, and they have gone with Rahmel Goode as their first post-Reverie World champion. They still have some pretty big names, Bulldozer, Cage, O’Farraday, Faust, Goode and War Machine to name a few, but their roster is the weakest it has been in close to a decade and features many aging workers who are past their best, and many unknowns who probably wouldn’t even have made the main roster during their prime.

Notable Signings:

Roger Cage

Bulldozer Brandom Smith

Findlay O’Farraday

Rahmel Goode

Jonathan Faust

Notable Departures:

Steve Frehley

Nicky Champion

Valiant

Remo

Big Money Brandon

Hot Prospects:

PJ Strong

Texas Hangman

Bash Street

Cooper Christie

Turk Trenneman

WJaRyBC.thumb.png.eeb9858da1a64a891b6ec31ce8000ed5.png

As 2017 turned to 2018 Total Championship Wrestling seemed to be in a pretty strong position – they had overcome some financial worries to build up a strong roster full of top-quality young talent that could potentially carry the company over the next few years, and they had managed to keep hold of many key figures at the top of the card such as Rocky Golden, Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins. They were able to carry that momentum going in 2018, Wolf Hawkins made a fantastic babyface champion and put on great matches with established talents like Rich Money and Joshua Taylor, before he dropped the belt to Rocky Golden in October 2018, a win that saw Rocky equal Tommy Cornell’s six TCW World Heavyweight title wins. That same year he also won the second ever Azaria Trophy, cementing him as TCW’s number one star.  However, it was the matches in the midcard that were especially promising.

The Generation X vs. Sons Of Sam feud over the International title produced matches that wouldn’t have looked out of place main event big shows for most other promotions and they helped elevate not only themselves, but the belt itself. Because of the quality of these title matches they managed to dominate the title scene for the best part of two years, and from Greg Gauge winning the belt in September 2017 until Roy Edison took the belt September 2019 every title holder was one of the four future stars. In the tag team division The New Wave had one last title run, holding the belts for a calendar year, making fourteen title defences and going out with a series of matches, before putting over one of the best young teams in the world in Ernest Youngman and Logan Wolfsbaine, together known as Naturally Gifted. Since then both Scout & Guide have won the belt once much each, although both were with Guru aka Xavi Ferrara.

2018 also saw the formation of two new titles. First, the TCW Television title which was won by Roy Edison, helping him rise to the very cusp of the main event scene. He would hold the belt from April 2018 until January 2019, losing it to James Prudence. His 16 title defences in that time remain a record for the belt. At the end of the year they would also debut their first ever King Of King’s tournament, with Raymond Diaz becoming the first winner. His three fantastic matches established the tournament as a big deal. In June Human Arsenal left TCW for USPW, although it was with TCW’s blessing, who felt it was time to let him go.

January 2019 saw a couple of big title changes, as previously mentioned James Prudence won the Television title from Roy Edison, but more important wrestling legend Rich Money won the World Heavyweight title for the first time. That victory meant that Money had won the top titles in TCW, SWF and USPW. Money would have a brief four month run with the belt, but it was an entertaining run. Rich Money would leave TCW in 2020 and has since gone on to win the top titles in Battles Of Hell and RockStar Wrestling too, making him one of the best champions in North American wrestling history. It would be ‘The Monster’ Raymond Diaz who took the belt of Rich Money, and he proceeded to dominate the main event scene in TCW. The American was already a legend in Japan, but this nine-month title run meant he would be remembered him his homeland too. He not only put on a series of great matches but he got clean wins over the likes of Aaron Andrews, Wolf Hawkins and Rocky Golden too. He also won the Azaria trophy while champion and got to the final of the King Of Kings, although he was denied a second win in two years when he lost to Wolf Hawkins. However, the whole show was stolen by the opening bout which saw Hawkins defeat Aaron Andrews in a genuine 5* classic, and a match that was voted for the 2019 match of the year.

The midcard scene continued to heat up too, with Kirk Jameson having a particularly impressive year, winning the Television title from James Prudence in June 2019 and holding the belt throughout the rest of the year. This title run moved him up the card rapidly and he looked like a guaranteed main event star…which would make his decision to jump ship to BOH in late 2020 even more confusing. On top of that the tag team division got a great boost with the hiring of Eddie Howard and D.C. Rayne, aka Natural Storm. The five-time USPW tag team champions would initially struggle as a babyface act thanks to the fans being aware of their poor USPW booking, but they would eventually settle into the company thanks to a 2021 heel turn. TCW would lose another veteran and main event act in 2019, this time American Buffalo. However, just like with Human Arsenal it was a member of the roster than TCW were ok with losing, and many actually felt he would weaken the company he signed for, SWF, rather than TCW.

The most important thing to happen in TCW in 2019 was the formation of their brand-new women’s division. Signing many top talents from around the world, the likes of Paige Croft and Tracy Brendon from AAA, HEART Saitoh from 5SSW, Poison Ivy from CILL, Keyley Red from SNP and Zofia Jankovic signs from EWA gave the division instant talent and diversity. The first women’s match took place in August, with a tournament taking place the following month for the new women’s title. Paige Croft would become the first winner of the belt, and it has proven to be a fantastic choice as she established the division with a series of great matches and she has become a very popular part of the company.

The year 2020 got off to the worst possible start for TCW, but it was something the company had anticipated for a long time – Rocky Golden left for the riches of USPW. Basing his decision not only on the money, his contract also came with three guaranteed movie deals provided by Reverie, and the lure of Hollywood was too much for him to turn down. He put over Raymond Diaz on his way out and truthfully, because TCW knew it was always a case of “when” not “if” he left they have been able to carry on business as usual, which just a few years ago would have been unthinkable. With Wolf Hawkins and Raymond Diaz now positioned as the top babyfaces in the promotion they had enough star power and talent to keep the promotion running smoothly. It was Hawkins who would beat Raymond Diaz for the World Heavyweight title in the February, his 4th time winning the belt, and Aaron Andrews continued to also prove he could hang at the very top of wrestling when seven months later he pinned Hawkins clean to get his second run with the belt, with his first coming nearly five years before. However, this run was much more successful. 2020 was also the year that a few other main event stars were made, with Running Wolf’s private life becoming so public he has managed to earn himself a great following, and this was the year he started getting a top push to go along with it. He would win the Azaria trophy to a massive pop in August, and he even broke down in tears after and got on the mic to thank the fans for all their support over the years.

However, it was the Sons Of Sam and Generation X who were finally getting top billing, and while they may not have main evented any PPV, their matches were often the last matches on the TV cards. The two teams finally ended their stranglehold on the International title scene, however they were now dominating the tag scene. Generation X would be the first to win the belts, defeating Guru and Guide in February, and having an epic title reign, before Sons Of Sam beat X for the belts in July.  SOS would only hold the titles for two months before X won them back in a truly sensational ladder match at Destructive Energy. Forgotten main event star Joshua Taylor would win the King Of Kings tournament in November 2020, something which was much needed as he had spent the last couple of years losing to Diaz and Hawkins.

In International title news, the former Guru won the belt in July 2020 shortly after he turned on The New Wave. Reverted back to Xavi Ferrera, he would defeat both Scout and Guide in what were supposed to be victories that moved him towards the main event scene – he even won the rights to their ring names meaning they both had to change their personas. However, for some reason it didn’t generate him the level of heat TCW expected. However, in better news Davis Wayne Newton won his first title for the company, the Television title, and thanks to getting himself into amazing shape he was able to put on a series of impressive and athletic matches. The Canadian is still only 34, and this run impressed management so he may well be someone the company elevates even further one day. However, whilst DWN may have impressed it was the person he lost the belt too that was one of the big movers for TCW in 2020. Signing from SOTBPW at the very start of the year, luchador Star Master had got a bit loft in the shuffle in the Mexican promotion, but in TCW he has gotten over huge. His Cosmic Crunch finisher (a face plant variation) is one of the most protected moves in the company and to this day not one person has kicked out of it.

The promotion continued to build their roster in 2020, with Chris Flynn and Kip Keenan choosing to join from SWF and The Architect leaving USPW for TCW too. These signings helped them be seen as genuine rivals to what had become the big two in America, but also showed that TCW were now in a position to dig into their pockets to get the workers they want. Their biggest signings though were in the women’s division, with Anna and Elsa Calvo signing from B-Wild, Hellcat Hernandez and Pamela Rojo from QAW, but the biggest acquisition was Lauren Easter from NOTBPW. Her time up North saw her become a genuine big-time star, and the fact she was willing to move from ‘the home of women’s wrestling’ to join TCW was seen as proof the company was going all-in with their women’s division. Easter was signed on huge money, but she has proven to be worth every penny and is the crown jewel of the division. Foxxy LaRue would win the women’s title in 2020, and before Easter’s signing was the number 1 women’s heel. She would drop the belt to Tracy Brendon in early 2021, before Lauren Easter would win the belt in October 2021. In December 2021 TCW would sign one of the biggest names in ZEN, DareSheDevil, and the division is drawing big numbers for the promotion.

The main event scene continued to hot up in 2021. Aaron Andrews started the year as champion, with Hawkins and Diaz chasing the belt but always coming up short, before Andrews put over Jay Chord clean for the title, making him a top babyface star in the company. While Andrews would then defeat Chord on the way to winning the Azaria Trophy, Chord once again beat him clean in the rubber match. However, not long after Jay Chord shocked the world when he would turn heel, with him and Hollywood Bret Star beating down the “Alpha Predators” team of Running Wolf and Wolf Hawkins. Done so to keep Chord’s challengers weak, Generation X said they had clawed their way to the top and they were determined to stay there. While the Predators would return, they came up short on taking Chord’s title with another unexpected turn of events, with Sons Of Sam costing Hawkins the match and joining sides with their long-time rivals. The four, now going by the name the Birthright, look like an unstoppable super team. This was made even more obvious when Greg Gauge was able to overcome both Hawkins and Wolf on the same night to win the King Of Kings, albeit with both men suffering the effects of recent beatdowns. At the end of the year, with Hawkins and Running Wolf both being beaten down their rival Aaron Andrews would come down and make the save, and he has promised to help the two fight back against Birthright, although they aren’t 100% sure he can be trusted.

Raymond Diaz has yet to get involved in all this, but he has been forging his own group, the Diaz Dynasty. Featuring his son James, nephew Logan Wolfsbaine and his tag team partner Ernest Youngman, the group is becoming an important part of the promotion. With naturally Gifted being the ones who beat Generation X earlier in the year for the tag team titles, they have already proven they can go against them and they should be able to step up to the World Heavyweight champion. Slightly below the main event you can see the evidence of TCW’s fantastic recruitment over the last few years. Monster heel Killer Shark had his first International title run in 2021, but lost the belt to another first timer in the form of fantastic in-ring performer Seiji Jimbo. He has become a very popular members of the roster over the years, and he has been involved in a very impressive feud with Seth Whitehead for the title. Whitehead has bulked up his muscle mass impressively over the years, and after gaining experience in MAW and USPW he joined TCW in May 2020 as a much-improved worker. A charismatic, hard-hitting 270lbs technician, Whitehead has only been a pro for seven years but is already being talked about as a potential future main event heel.

While the International scene has becoming heavily contested, the television title has been dominated by two luchadores- Star Master and Yellowjacket. Both SOTBPW alumni’s have two runs with the belt to their names, with no one else holding the belt since Newton lost it in October 2020. The two have excellent chemistry inside the ring, but it has gone beyond titles and competition. Yellowjacket has made it his mission to take out Star Master for good. He injured Star’s ankle in 2021 which put him on the shelf for months, although he did lose to Television title to him shortly after Star returned. However, Yellowjacket wasn’t willing to let that be the end of it and in November he took the belt back after viciously injuring Star Masters shoulder. Star returned on TCW’s last show of the year and attacked Yellowjacket, showing that this feud is far from over.

Once again there has been some roster turnover in TCW, with Freddy Huggins leaving for SWF, Marc Speed going to NOTBPW, long-time employees Scout and Guide were released, alongside Eddie Chandler too. However, that seems to be by design and TCW have definitely moved to a high turnover approach over the years, allowing veterans to guy, moving young stars up in their prime and hiring fresh faces to keep the midcard from going stale. As it stands TCW have just seven wrestlers over 40 compared to seventeen under 30, the future looks very very bright for TCW.

Notable Signings:

Star Master

SATO

Yellowjacket

Lauen Easter

Tracy Brendon

Notable Departures:

Rocky Golden

Rich Money

Human Arsenal

American Buffalo

Tana The Mighty

Hot Prospects:

Seth Whitehead

Ernest Youngman

Kayley Red

Quadzilla

Laura Flame

Edited by lavelleuk
  • Like 1

Japan

image.thumb.png.e804b5a3383be7371a97a7317fd338f0.png

image.thumb.png.83d73d693b429265ac0468669ddfcf6a.png

2mhEPH3.png

Kaneie Komine:

Kaneie Komine is the former editor of Japan's biggest wrestling magazine who, through ruthless manipulation and a talent for networking, became president of BHOTWG in '92. His single-minded leadership drove the company to its most profitable and successful period ever. However, in 2006 a group of dissidents walked out on the promotion to form their own group. The result was INSPIRE, headed by perhaps the biggest star in Japan, the legendary Tadiyuki Kikkawa. This weakened his position enough that his protege Tetsuzan Kaneko was able to stage a coup and remove Komine from power in 2009.

INSPIRE:

Inspire Diversity Group International were created in a blaze of publicity, largely thanks to Kikkawa’s star power. At first they used a hyper realistic style that was essentially 'worked MMA' and later a more balanced mix of puro and MMA. One thing they never changed was the fact the promotion featured nothing but singles matches and just one the one championship, the INSPIRE King Of Fighters. INSPIRE were always cutting edge but found themselves trapped between a rock and a hard place - MMA fans stuck with the giant ALPHA-1 organisation, wrestling fans stuck with the traditional BHOTWG and PGHW. As a result INSPIRE never caught on despite a lot of media interest, and the experiment was shut down in 2009. Kikkawa would return to BHOTWG alongside Tasuku Iesada, who had become a star in INSPIRE, and they helped BHOTWG return to the top of Japanese wrestling.

The Formation Of INSPIRES:

In 2016 Japan was hit by a massive tsunami which crashed the country’s economy, and also the wrestling industry. Attendances were down, interest was at an all-time low and historic promotions such as BHOTWG, GCG and PGHW were in danger of going out of business. In late 2016 Kaneie Komine announced his return to the industry, seven years after he was forced out of BHOTWG. With the backing of many anonymous wealthy investors, Komine announced he had purchased the naming rights to INSPIRE and he was rebranding them Inspire Diversity Group Strikes Back. In public this was done to “bring back a legendary promotion” but truthfully this was all part of his revenge, with Komine wanted to show he could run Kikkawa’s own promotion better than him.

To add insult to injury, Komine would “purchase” top stars from other Japanese promotions, giving the companies enough money to keep running, and therefore positioning himself as “the saviour of Japanese wrestling”. One of those men was Kikkawa, the BHOTWG figurehead, and in his first ever press conference Komine would also announce the signings of CGC, WEXXV and PGHW ace’s Hiroyasu Gakusha, Munemitsu Senmatsu and PRIDE Koiso. Many other big stars would follow them to INSPIRES, both from other Japanese companies, but they would also bring back people like Buddy Garner and Oleg Dorosklov and Li Bingci. Within a year they were the most dominant promotion in Japan, going head-to-head with WLW.

The Changes:

Komine wanted to bring in the younger puro fans, which might be why young commentator Naizen Uboshita was a shock appointment as head booker. He has gone about changing the promotion from top to bottom. While INSPIRE was all about singles action and MMA style, INSPIRES have one of the best tag team divisions in the world and focusses on wrestling as a sport. It is similar to MMA, but very much embraces the industry that they are in. instead of just one main event belt, INSPIRES is now overflowing with belts and trophies. Usoshita wants even the smallest match on the smallest touring show to feel important, so he has introduced low level titles that are defended on tours. Above that there are multiple midcard belts, that again can get defended on tour shows but that also are a feature of their big events. On top of that they have both midcard and main event tag team belts, emphasis the pure depth in the tag team division.

INSPIRES Relationships:

Over the last five years INSPIRES have been battling it out with a promotion very different to their own, World Level Wrestling. While INSPIRES promotes big, tough guys and veterans of the sport, WLW is all about athleticism and flash. INSPIRES don’t hire anyone smaller than middleweight, and they do not want anyone under thirty, but WLW are all about smaller workers and give chances to youth. The INSPIRES roster also features ex-MMA fighters, former sumo wrestlers, kick boxers and more. They are all about seeming legitimate in the eyes of the fans, whereas WLW are all about match quality. These two different approaches actually means that the two don’t actually consider each other rivals, and while they will never work together they have adopted a friendly attitude towards each other. However, despite the INSPIRES finances keeping them alive, BHOTWG and PGHW do not get on with them like you would expect, with Komine now saying that they have gotten over the worst, and he will no longer hold back. War has been declared, with Komine using his positive PR to try and position the others as ungrateful and bitter.

Growth:

For years INSPIRES operated solely out of Japan, running tours throughout the country, with a big PPV event at the end of every month. This worked well, the traditional fans were happy and money was flowing nicely. It was always in the back of Komine’s mind that he would want to expand, but the circumstances surrounding their expansion couldn’t have been predicted. USPW found themselves in massive legal trouble in 2021, and the Reverie board of directors no longer wanted anything to do with wrestling. They had planned to simply close down their development promotion Mid Atlantic Wrestling, but INSPIRES came in with a generous offer. Reverie sold MAW off to INSPIRES, who disbanded the group and absorbed their worldwide popularity. This led to the company signing multiple international talents, none bigger than wrestling legend Remo. Now known in all corners of the globe, INSPIRES split their roster in half, creating a domestic and worldwide brand.

Now they run a lot of tours simultaneously, with their worldwide brand spending three months of the year having shows in every single American state, and spent other months moving across Canada, Mexico, Europe, Britain and Oceania. This allows them to keep their popularity up, but has also helped some new big shows feel even more special – INSPIRES now run multiple tournaments a year, both singles and tags, and they are the only times of the year that the whole roster is features on the same big events. The Worldwide tours now feature new belts and trophies that are won on the last shows of the tours. Some MAW belts are also active in INSPIRES, and the same goes to SAISHO, who INSPIRES also bought out in 2019.

While on paper the amount of titles seems intimidating, it helps break up the repetitiveness of tours and helps to make the whole roster seem important and gives them a real focus. They are now the most popular and well-known puro company in history, and with broadcast deals all over the world their workers are now becoming global stars. Whether Komine can make a company that focusses entirely on in-ring action the top promotion in the world remains to be seen, it does look like they will at least be hard to top in their home country.

Notable Signings:

Takayuki 2000

Chojiro Kitoaji

Bussho Makiguchi

Remo Richardson

Reaver

Notable Departures:

PRIDE Koiso

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

Buddy Garner

Eiji Hamacho

Chuichi Sanda

Edited by lavelleuk
  • Like 1

British Isles

image.thumb.png.7efdecd2893976a63f0602a04aad1d61.png

image.thumb.png.7c25eaf279a4ed7decd3616268a9c247.png

2oazRmi.png

The last four years have been very good to the heavyweights of British wrestling 21st Century Wrestling. Thanks to their exclusive NetStream deal they have grown their fanbase enormously worldwide, and the USPW troubles have allowed 21CW to become the biggest promotion in the world today.

2018 and 2019 saw the promotion continuing their civil war storyline, with National Pride and The Conventionalists battling it out for control of the company, with Nations United and the European Upper-Class going to war in the midcard. The storyline helped turn Tommy Cornell into a massive babyface, a role many felt he should have been in from the beginning anyway. Having one of the biggest legends in wrestling history as their number one babyface really helped their popularity, and it was much needed as Adam Matravers had accepted a huge offer to join USPW. The angle also helped turn Daniel Black Francis and Buff Martinez into genuine stars too.

Eventually Nations United won a 5 vs. 5 match against the EU, forcing them to disband, and Tommy Cornell would run Conventionalists leader Jonathan Faust out of the company, with him “fleeing to America”, although in reality he had also accepted an offer from USPW, being reunited with Matravers. Once all the big groups had disbanded 21CW ran the huge money-making Cornell vs. Cornell storyline, and while they had traded to 21CW World title in 2018-2019, with Edward beating Tommy for the belt, that was more about their allegiances to their stables, whereas this was a straight up family feud. In 2020 Tommy beat Edward for the belt and the two drew big money as rivals, before Edward would also turn babyface. The two would get their tag team back together and they won the 2020 Cornell Cup together, before Edward would shock the promotion by leaving them in the October, joining Russia POWER Wrestling as their new lead heel and head booker.

2021 was more about created new major stars for the company, with Daniel Black Francis beating Tommy Cornell for the world title in February and having a great babyface run with the belt, before dropping it to brickhouse balder in October in order to create a new top heel. while both men were elevated, 21CW are still left a bit light at the top of the card, with 4 or 5 genuine stars, but then a big gap as you look down the roster. On 21CW’S last big event of the year, Crises Point, Jack Giedroyc made his debut with the company, forming the Rogue Squad stable and joining forces with Andrew Lee, Phil Harmonic And the demolishers. They came together to beat down Tommy Cornell, leaving him in a pool of his own blood, and they have vowed to end tommy’s career. 21CW hope that the veteran Giedroyc can draw for them in the short-term, but long-term they are hoping to create new stars in Harmonic and the now heel Andrew Lee.

Away from the main event scene, 21CW have continued to built up the likes of Michael Gregory, The Johansson Brother and Mass Hulk, although they lost his partner Mark Adonis to POWER. Darin Flynn has become a surprise package too – while he isn’t your typical 21CW wrestler his fantastic in-ring skills have seen him become very popular, and his 5* classic against Tommy Cornell in early 2019 was a genuine match of the year contender. The national school of wrestling has also produced some fantastic prospects, and with the creation of fusion pro wrestling they are now getting some real experience and development before joining the main roster. Maurice Jackson was signed in 2019 and Lassana Makutsi joined in 2020 and have both become United Kingdom title holders. Maximum Damage joined from SNP in 2019 and won the tag team 2020, almost fourteen years after they last held the belts under their previous personas.

Notable Signings:

Maximum Carnage

Maximum Destruction

Maurice Jackson

Jack Giedroyc

Lassana Makutsi

Notable Departures:

Adam Matravers

Jonathan Faust

War Machine

Edward Cornell

Mark Adonis

Hot Prospects:

Welsh Dragon

Jordan Crews

Gorilla Lee

Phil Harmonic

Gaston Hardcastle

The Great British Faceoff Written By Jaded (Thanks @Jaded)

image.thumb.png.a8d37f8fbe5faf30b5aa29f91cf58d18.png

image.thumb.png.05ea81b4321f844f6800238593b07e84.png

Proud Welsh Wrestling - Owned by UK Dragon, booked by Red Dragon.

With an action-packed style, workers coming in on excursions from WLW, and accepting developmental workers from NOTBPW, PWW is arguably the most likely to succeed of the six companies in the Great British Faceoff. Their main issue may be trying to avoid being victims of their own success; Welsh Dragon - protege of owner UK Dragon - shocked them by walking out to join 21CW; Brilliant White had a career resurgence there but ended up moving full-time to ZEN: London, and massively successful tag team Jon Michael Sharp and Martin Heath decided that Fusion were offering too much money to turn them down.

Their biggest star is undoubtedly UK Dragon, formerly a star in WLW, although he just put over Thunderbolt strongly at their recent Seren Saethu event, with Thunderbolt retaining his Hyrwyddwr Cymru championship. Other top guys are EGO, the former Welsh champion, Red Dragon himself, and massively experienced tag teams Double Dutch, Future X and Your Favourite Team.

Potential future big names are Bowden Snoop, a fearless cruiserweight who's headed over from North Of The Border Pro Wrestling on a developmental deal, Northern Irish wild child daredevil The Whiz Kid, and Japanese duo Cool Guy Honda and Akita Ono, on excursion from WLW.

Unfortunately for PWW, things aren't all that great backstage - Red Dragon is said to have issues leading people, and has annoyed Cool Guy Honda and fellow Japanese worker President Takahashi, while his light touch dealing with Takahashi after he played a prank on Thunderbolt has also upset the champion.

Style-wise, PWW shows look very similar to those beloved by fans of the Coastal Zone on the other side of the Atlantic. High-flying action, multi-man matches, very few angles, and a main event which usually aims to steal the show. Expect some huge bumps at times and ladders and/or overhead wires can be brought into play for some bouts. No face/heel divide here; anyone can go up against anyone.

image.thumb.png.5ccc21f7fd81af5d88bbfb34466afaa2.png

Big Top Wrestling - Owned by Philip Bescott, booked by Wee Davey Keane

Irish colour commentator Bescott jumped at the chance to invest in a federation for the Great British Faceoff, and hiring Wee Davey Keane - small in stature but big on knowledge - as booker seems to have been a great idea. Booked mainly around Keane's heel stable of big men, The Shamrock Assault Squad, and their ongoing feud with Matthew Macks, Merle O'Curle and The Dublin Destroyer, who came together as The Irish Pub Fight Club a year ago after all having individual problems with Keane's men, they're far more gimmick orientated than many of the feds in the Faceoff. Tearing up the undercard at the moment are 'Priestitute' Father O'Malley and his brainwashed minions Jack O'Sullivan, Jimmy The Crank and Jonny The Vice.

Away from the stable warfare, Dan Bull is doing well here as well as in SBW, and he's part of a tag team in BTW, with partner Marcus Cox - portraying an MMA expert - perhaps having an even bigger upside. Northern Irish tag team the Spornosexuals, brought in for a brief feud with the Metrosexuals but given ongoing contracts after impressing in that spell, are perhaps the most unlikely success story of the entire Faceoff in 2021; the pair could have a very good future ahead of them at the ages of 24 and 23. And 16 years after being released by 21CW at the age of just 19, Stardust Phil Cox has worked his way back into a name fed, becoming the Ring Master champion in Big Top as well as working in Camden Underground.

Backstage is where there's something of an issue at the moment. Cox is a fairly difficult person to warm to, and he's had run-ins with Stunning Stephan, Jimmy The Crank and road agent Donny Damage in recent months. In addition, Merle O'Curle's manager Rachel Dearheart split up with commentator Kev Jordan and got engaged to Stefan Raynor, and the fall-out from that has led to problems between Jordan and the other two involved, and some tension between Dearhart and booker Keane.

Product-wise, it's another fed based around technical wrestling and fairly long matches, but there's far more showmanship than in CWW or SBW, and most wrestlers have gimmicks. While matches play a far bigger part than angles, Dearhart and/or Keane are generally given mic time to further the feud between their two stables. There's a strong face/heel divide and it's rare for wrestlers on the same side of that divide to face each other. As with FEMME and CWW, BTW exclusively uses singles and tag contests.

image.thumb.png.1ff8360ebba6aaaaa35c44991c08be4f.png

Championship Wrestling from Wigan - Owned and booked by Clifford Wilson

Old school throwback promotion CWW treats its fans to a mixture of battles for mat supremacy and hard-hitting action with spectacular strikes. Perhaps surprisingly for a federation owned and booked by the junior heavyweight legend once known as Dark Angel, high flying is pretty much unheard of here. What fans do get is a roster including some of the best, and most underrated, British and Irish talent of the last couple of decades, with stretchers Henry Black and Merle O'Curle having rejuvenated their careers to the point that despite being in their 40s, they're now also working for Japanese feds.

The youngster who looks to have the best future ahead of him is ROF Dojo graduate 'Bulldog' JK Lee, an excellent technician, although the notoriously pessimistic Ipswich-based grappler may not believe people who tell him this. MAW alumni Curtis Jenkins brings his star power to the roster, while legendary tough guy Walter Morgan came out of semi-retirement as the fed seemed practically built for him. Further down the card, Out Of India - British-Indians Parvin Kishan and Dark Sarja, both trained by Wilson himself - just snagged the tag team titles, suggesting their mentor has a lot of faith in them, 21-year-old Joseph Rowlett is a favourite both for his technical skills and the asexual representation he provides to people who don't often see that in wrestling, and fellow youngster Jermaine Grainger, another ROF Dojo grad, looks to potentially have significantly more of an upside than current tag partner Myles Cross.

Backstage, Wilson is looked up to for the excellent career he's had, and having several of his proteges on the roster obviously helps matters. Like FEMME, it's a pretty professional locker room overall, although Wigan Wrestling Heritage Champion Mike King is a notorious ribber.

Product-wise, fans come to CWW shows to see lengthy matches, including technical masterclasses and show stealing brawls. They exclusively use singles and tag contests, and ban high flying moves. Events are pretty much solely in-ring, with an occasional interview for the main event winner (although given how few of the roster are comfortable on the mic, they're getting fewer and further apart.) In addition to the major British Heavyweight title, the Wigan Wrestling Heritage and the British Tag Team title, the King of the North is crowned in March, with an 8-man, one night, tournament showing who's tough enough to get through three opponents in quick succession.

image.thumb.png.d863678cfe2ed10066415933d783b034.png

Scottish Backhold Wrestling - Owned by Robert Etchinson, booked by JD Morgan

Millionaire Ethchinson doesn't have the same kind of renown in the world of wrestling that most of the other Great British Faceoff owners have, but he owns the richest of the six federations. A tribute in many ways to his father, a former wrestler himself in the days of the travelling carnivals, the fed solely sees one on one competition with as few frills as possible. Led by Motoyuki Miyake, the Backhold champion, who moved to the UK following the Japanese tsunami killing the industry over there, their other main eventers include 'The Terror of the Highlands' Don Henderson, who's on a big win streak, and Irish stretcher Merle O'Curle, arguably even hotter here than in CWW.

Youngsters who look good for the future include JK Lee, who again is familiar to people who've read the CWW roundup, 22-year-old Irishman Ricky Jo, the first ever WWA:UK dojo grad - who loses far more than he wins but makes people look very good when he's staring at the lights - Estonian Jozef Cerny, known for his ability to wrestle marathon matches and come out of them still looking like he could go another half-hour, Russian Dominykas Avetisyan, who recently debuted and was put over strongly by Bali Dajit in his first match, and Dan Bull, a tough Aberdonian brawler.

Backstage, DAVE veteran JD Morgan runs a pretty tight ship, with Mike King again standing out as one of the few people with a livelier outlook on life than most of the strictly professional guys there.

Product-wise, SBW is all about catch wrestling, with basic singles matches, no stipulations, and an even more realistic presentation than FEMME. There is just one title - the SBW Backhold Championship - and matches for it main event each event. The federation operates a ladder system where the number 1 contender challenges for the title at each event, and other wrestlers can challenge people up to four rungs ahead of them to try and leapfrog into their place.

image.thumb.png.b6f5435538b8efccd52ddf19280ae31b.png

Camden Underground - Owned by Derrick Merrick, booked by British Samurai

Camden Underground is one of the more bizarre feds in the Great British Faceoff, mixing modern style wrestling with old-school presentation, including feuds. The big storylines at the moment are the Assassins' Guild trying to gain their tag belts back from the Black Country Boys, Lenny Mochin's furious quest for revenge on Bali Dajit, who upset him last year in the Backstreet Championship tournament final, and Jonni Lowlife's determination to hold onto the World title he recently won in a real shock result given his career seemed to be pretty much ended 8 years ago after ROF closed down.

Other top guys include Matthew Macks, who holds The Great British Faceoff Championship, Japanese badass Motoyuki Miyake, and PWW owner UK Dragon. Lower down the card, but with potentially strong futures, are Austin Cohen, a 21-year-old student of British Samurai, Clifford Wilson's proteges Out Of India, 'The Little Emperor' Ferdinand Arneaux - a Frenchman with a knack for infuriating the fans - and the wrestler formerly known as 'Captain Crash', Cain Carlisle, whose Big Daddy Cain gimmick has been a surprising success.

Backstage, it's a little less professional than many of the other locker rooms in the GBF - UK Dragon, Mickey Robson, Dark Sarja, and Bali Dajit are all extremely outgoing, and Stefan Raynor tends to annoy many of his fellow workers. Dylam Drama was also outed as a serial abuser, but he was promptly stripped of his CU Backstreet Championship and fired from the promotion.

The product is something of a modern throwback, mixing serious wrestling with gimmicks and feuds and throwing in a ton of high-flying action. There's no face/heel divide, and like many of the other feds, it's limited to singles and tag matches.

image.thumb.png.3f59c4031b4a691b4bce8a0a104b6d96.png

Fierce Female Mixed Martial Entertainment - Owned and booked by Viper McKenna

Viper McKenna's Midlands-based FEMME has kickstarted the women's movement in the UK, with a heavily-MMA influenced hard-hitting style build around singles action with generally one or two tag team matches thrown in. They have a fair amount working against them - with none of the other five federations in the Great British Faceoff having a women's division, they don't benefit from talent-sharing with any of them, and the women's scene is so new that there are few names who could be brought in. However, McKenna has done a great job of building the fed from the ground up and has turned fellow veteran Purple Phenom - an indie mainstay for most of her career - into a huge star as her rival and now tag partner.

Other big stars are Pixie, who went from SNP's joke of a women's division to a respected brawler making waves in both FEMME and EWA, Steph Blake, who went from an unknown in her home country of England to World champion and has an undefeated 18-0 record, Nanci - an Irish brawler who holds the European title - and Gabbie, one of the company's best submissions specialists and a role model to trans women throughout the British Isles.

Potential future stars - Trinity Deveaux, a Canadian worker on a developmental deal from NOTBPW who's an awesome striker. ROF dojo grad Shakeia Rudd, great granddaughter of legendary Jamaican catch wrestlers DeJohn Rudd. And technicians Tracy Waterman and Sharon Whittaker, who haven't done much in singles action in their career and have been teamed in the tag ranks. They're still losing nearly as many as they win, but they did get a brief tag title reign a couple of years ago.

Backstage, McKenna is well-liked, and while many of the roster keep themselves to themselves, rookie Chris Camelot is a popular figure, Grace Perry is admired and respected for the way she's put so many younger stars over, and Irene Day - the oldest wrestler on the roster - is always ready to lighten the mood with a well-timed joke.

The product is intensely physical and - except for tag matches - could often be mistaken for actual MMA fights, just without the rounds system that most companies use. Heels and faces exist here, but a strict ranking system mean that they don't really play a part in booking who faces who.

image.thumb.png.ed55ee6cf84b60782af815a76a2960b8.png

Edited by lavelleuk
  • Like 1

Oceania

image.thumb.png.44f6cf674a50ae20b7a558ef36b18336.png

image.thumb.png.98a4d2c9361c8adf65bbb7ab954141bf.png

image.thumb.png.d890b1b448bd6697e800f2fbce37c47f.png

Over the past four years RAW have continued to be the dominant force in Oceania, whilst also becoming a big name in the USA, Canada and, to a lesser extent, Britain thanks to The A.S.N. being able to invest in increased coverage due to the promotion’s success. In 2017 and at the start of 2018 their main event scene was depleted with Loxley Robbins being injured, Swoop McCarthy touring for his rap career and Captain Wrestling II off filing a movie, but they managed to weather the storm and eventually all three returned, with Swoop defeating Skyscraper for the Television title under his Swoop Dogg rap name, his fourth time winning the belt. The title reign was brief, but it was during that period that Swoop signed the most lucrative contract in RAW history, tying him down until 2025.

image.thumb.png.ed2eb631109b30a3bae1d8317ee3bacf.png

RAW used these absences to build up some new babyfaces, with Frogue Element, SubUrban Legend and Echo feuding with The Bad Truckers over the tag team titles. The storyline saw Frogue win the belts with Legend twice and Echo once. In October 2017 Echo would win the Quest title while holding the Tag Team belts with Frogue, with Frogue saying his lack of focus was the reason they lost the belts. In March 2019 Fros Before Foes (Frogue and Legend) won the Tag Team titles for the second time, and a week later Echo won his 8th Quest title. However, in April 2019 Frogue would turn on both Echo and Legend, and even took the Quest title off Echo, winning the championship for the 6th time. This led to an interesting situation where Frogue and Legend held the tag team titles for seven months, whilst feuding against each other in singles action. SubUrban Legend would beat Frogue for the Quest title in June 2019, his first singles title in RAW, but the two would keep hold off the tag titles until the October. It was this feud that elevated Frogue into a genuine main event level talent, moved SubUrban Legend into an upper midcard position, but sadly it didn’t do as much for Echo as the company hoped as the fans just never too him as a babyface. He would actually slip down the card slightly following the storyline, although he would win the tag team titles with SubUrban Legend in 2021 so RAW haven’t given up on his completely.

image.thumb.png.a78395fc4361f9746deffc279de6dd6f.png

Swoop would drop the belt to Rahmel Goode at the end of 2018 and was once again written out of shows so he could go on another brief tour – this time it was Goode who put him on the shelf following their title match. This was supposed to lead to a big money rematch but in early 2019 RAW and USPW were involved in a huge bidding war over Goode’s services. USPW would end up winning, and so Goode dropped the belt early to Captain Wrestling II. It was The Captain’s fourth time winning the belt and he would hold onto it until early 2020, meaning it was his 3rd epic title run.

image.thumb.png.0b5dad00c7e0832317b89ad33685cc2e.png

For a while it had been rare for RAW to lose workers, in 2018 the only wrestler to leave was Cole Taylor (also to USPW) but that was more of a mutual decision. However, they did lose Rose Willis when she quit after accusing Echo of sexual harassment. It was her boyfriend, Brodie Lachlan, who was the first to leave RAW in 2019 when he chose not to renew his contract in the January and instead left for CEW. Goode followed him out in March, before Isaac Taylor and Maurice Jackson paid the price for their poor feud a few years before when Taylor (unhappy at dropping down the card in the years since) chose to leave and take six-months off from wrestling in April, and then in Maurice Jackson was let go in the July. Both would end up recovering though, with Jackson moving to England joining 21CW a few months later, and Taylor being signed by ZEN the same month. On top of that Monday Next and “The A-Listers” of Gregory Grace and Vincent Victory were released.

image.thumb.png.37bcb4cf4cbefd4e068438dbc6f40230.png

Despite those released many would argue that RAW ended 2019 with a much stronger roster than they entered it – they signed the legend Bruce The Giant from AE, as well as his two nephews K2 and Sagarmatha in March, and a month later they were joined by AE’s biggest star and Bruce’s protégé, JT Ace. While all three are pretty poor, to be kind, in the ring they have a fantastic presence, and JT especially seems like a future champion. They also signed Ekuma from SWF…but their biggest acquisition came at the start of the year when they somehow managed to convince American wrestling legend Nicky Champion to move to Australia and join them. He had apparently wanted to get as far away from USPW, and the people he had grown to hate there, as possible. He has been a truly sensational signing, and by the time he won the Television title in late 2021 many felt it was actually long overdue. He is now one of their biggest stars and best in-ring performers.

image.thumb.png.f7c34c40105103b3c7c9fc9ce187b5ea.png

2020 was another year where RAW concentrated on building up new stars. The year started with Frogue Element winning the Television title from Captain Wrestling II in what was a huge upset and made Frogue a star. RAW managed to incorporate a few different feuds into their matches and storylines – Frogue was still doing battles with Echo and Legend, whilst Captain had been dragged into the Wayne Family Feud. The Wayne’s were feuding with The Bad Truckers, when Karl Wayne surprisingly won the Quest title at the end of 2019. Kerry Wayne needed a new partner, and to the annoyance of Kian and Kal he asked old partner Captain so as to “not play favourites”. The Captain and Kerry would beat Bad Truckers for the tag team belts, leading to the Truckers getting involved in Captain’s Television title match. Echo and Legend would try even the odds, but Karl would accidentally cost Captain the match.

image.thumb.png.16b74cf33ab757fe3abcdf0165c58516.png

The Modern Warriors Karry Wayne and Captain Wrestling II continued to hold the tag belt, but during that time RAW management felt putting all the Wayne’s in a match together for the belt would draw big money. Kerry would win the Quest title in the match, becoming a dual champion, much to the annoyance of some of his family members. It had seemed like ‘Wildcard’ Karl was the one keeping the family together, saying he didn’t blame Kerry for the loss. However, a couple of months later his true colours were shown when he cost Modern Warriors the tag team titles to Nicky Gilbert and Tombstone in May 2020. What initially seemed like a case of sibling rivalry was soon shown to be something much more serious when Karl revealed he wasn’t even a real Wayne, and that he and Waynetta had faked the DNA results in order to get ahead in RAW. Revealing themselves to be Buckminster Snark and Melissa Abernathy. The two would feud with the Wayne Family, with Snark beating Kerry for the Quest title in the July, before losing the belt to Kian in October. Kerry and Snark continued to fight outside of the belt, which eventually led to them deciding RAW wasn’t big enough for the two of them. In January 2021 they had a “loser leaves RAW” match, and to the shock of everyone Snark defeating Kerry clean, which meant that after a over a decade one of RAW’s original stars was forced to leave the company.

image.thumb.png.9c415b246f2d07918278b0c9df59548c.png

Back in the Television title scene, Captain Wrestling II and Kerry Wayne’s involvement in that feud meant that Frogue was able to get the focus on his as he defeated old rivals Echo and Legend, and it also meant that Loxley Robbins was able to win his first television title in eight years, and his first since recovering from his torn rotator cuff, and it came just four months after suffering a medium concussion. Overcoming his injuries and physical limitations became the theme of his title run, as he was positioned as an underdog, but eventually he ran into Skyscraper, who defeating him in under five minutes in September 2020 to win his second Television title. Given the exact opposite push, the story become about how ‘Scraper was so good no one could even last 5 minutes inside the ring with him. After a few dominant displays against midcard workers, it would be Captain Wrestling II who finally stepped up to the challenge. 4 years earlier, when Captain took his first film role, he was written off by having Skyscraper destroy him for that same title, followed by a vicious beatdown that saw him spent months ‘injured’. This match four years in the making once again failed to even hit the 10minute mark, but when Captain Wrestling II beatdown and pinned a bloody ‘Scraper the fans went wild and he finally had his revenge.

image.thumb.png.3a15ee1854b46925789f2a8265987e5d.png

The win saw Captain beat his own record of four Television title reigns, and for the fourth time it was an epic run – he managed eleven defences before coming short against his old rival Luke Steele, who himself was winning the belt for a fourth time. Steele would get huge wins over Captain, Swoop and Loxley Robbins before Nicky Champion stepped up and won his first Television title, becoming the first none-Australian to hold the belt. Champion is a genuine big draw for the Aussie outfit, but because of some very strong booking by Cyanide there are so many workers waiting on the fringes of the main event scene and are just looking for that opportunity to show what they can do. One of those is Barney Mason, who was AE’s figurehead but joined RAW in January 2021. He has two Quest title wins already but the fans have almost made him a chosen one, getting behind him with a massive wave of support. Further down the card you have the likes of Turner Crash, Will Beaumont and Tye The Innovator who many feel could easily step up. Towards the end of the year RAW also hired Damian Dastardly, Surfer Dude Lucas and Jesse Tasman – three men who could easily go on to become stars.

image.thumb.png.2627d2d0430ee6886a242659db192940.png

The options seem almost limitless, and factor in RAW’s great financial pull and suddenly you have a promotion that should carry on dominating Oceania, but are also becoming closer and closer to being the number #1 promotion in the world.

Notable Signings:

Nicky Champion

Barney Mason

JT Ace

Ekuma

Damian Dastardly

Notable Departures:

Rahmel Goode

Kerry Wayne

Rod Sullivan

Brodie Lachlan

Maurice Jackson

Hot Prospects:

Kian Wayne (Kian Owens)

Will Beaumont

JT Ace

Mister Hyde

Tye The Innovator

Edited by lavelleuk
  • Like 2

Oh nice!

I'm excited to get to this and explore the world

I hope your covid recovering is going well, did I get this done while you were isolating or did I miss the deadline? Lol

This is so great! I am diving into this right away!

Have fun! Feel free to leave feedback if it’s positive, if you hate it then don’t bother haha

I hope your covid recovering is going well, did I get this done while you were isolating or did I miss the deadline? Lol

Today should be my last day, but the person who gave it to me who lives here now has it again, so we'll wait and see.

Edit: There's a typo "RockStar Wrestling" is written as "Rockstar Westling" in its actual name, not in the description.

Great job, Lav and congrats on finishing the mod.

For the last hour or so, I was just going through rosters and company changes. USPW's current situation, CV's staple stars moving around the globe, new promotions, it's going to take a while to get accustomed to the new Universe. A lot of the companies seem very interesting, for sure.

Also, really happy my BoH logos made it in.

Thanks so much for this. I got an urge to play TEW2020 for the first time in over a year, but wasn’t sure what to play, so the timing of this release feels perfect. I can’t even imagine the work you’ve put in.

DIW is usually my CV starting point, but I did a game as them when 2020 came out and thought it might be too samey, so I’m loving that it’s such a fresh roster, and fresh Oceania scene in general. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Hell yes! I loved a lot of things about the 2018 mod (and I have an active diary on it that is supposed to run for many more months) so I was super excited about this one.

The scale seems absolutely insane! I will leave quite a few comments as I dive in but this seems like a job very well done.

Today should be my last day, but the person who gave it to me who lives here now has it again, so we'll wait and see.

Edit: There's a typo "RockStar Wrestling" is written as "Rockstar Westling" in its actual name, not in the description.

Yeah someone on discord pointed that out immediately lol I’ve fixed it, but feel it’s a bit too soon for a version 1.01 haha

Thanks for letting me know though!

I will give it a try later that day but damn sounds perfect.

I wish it was perfect, I know after a little break I’ll be back tinkering with things!

Let’s go!!!!

Yeeeeeeeees! I've downloaded everything and am getting ready to dig in!

Thanks! :D

I'm away from a week and this gets released! Let's go. Cool.

Enjoy guys!!

I guess it was fate SomeDude lol

Great job, Lav and congrats on finishing the mod.

For the last hour or so, I was just going through rosters and company changes. USPW's current situation, CV's staple stars moving around the globe, new promotions, it's going to take a while to get accustomed to the new Universe. A lot of the companies seem very interesting, for sure.

Also, really happy my BoH logos made it in.

That’s Actually What I Do When There Is A New Cverse Lol Just Looking Around And See What’s Different Lol

I have had feedback before that it can be a bit overwhelming, even for people used to the CVerse. But i think it is worth it, i like to think in this mod you can either take over the biggest us promotion or the smallest Oceania women’s promotion and still have fun and worker options. And if you only like playing as one company I feel like you can get more repeat saves, with more workers it means you could play 5 different SWF games and have completely different rosters each time

The BOH logos are great! Thanks again

Thanks so much for this. I got an urge to play TEW2020 for the first time in over a year, but wasn’t sure what to play, so the timing of this release feels perfect. I can’t even imagine the work you’ve put in.

DIW is usually my CV starting point, but I did a game as them when 2020 came out and thought it might be too samey, so I’m loving that it’s such a fresh roster, and fresh Oceania scene in general. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

It’s actually that feeling, but with SWF, that made me start this mod. The original took a few hours and just involved me moving a few big names around to different companies to freshen things up…somehow it became this lol

DIW are one of my favourite companies, so I hope I did them justice for you! I couldn’t live in a cverse where Vaughan is retired lol

Hell yes! I loved a lot of things about the 2018 mod (and I have an active diary on it that is supposed to run for many more months) so I was super excited about this one.

The scale seems absolutely insane! I will leave quite a few comments as I dive in but this seems like a job very well done.

Thanks Man, I Hope You Like It Just As Much, I Hope It Doesn’t Interfere With Your diary lol