Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

It’s actually that feeling, but with SWF, that made me start this mod. The original took a few hours and just involved me moving a few big names around to different companies to freshen things up…somehow it became this lol

DIW are one of my favourite companies, so I hope I did them justice for you! I couldn’t live in a cverse where Vaughan is retired lol

You definitely did. The level of detail is incredible and, like you say, it opens up so many save possibilities.

The new rival hardcore companies and Mayhem Mulhoney walking out got me thinking perhaps The Comedian (and I love the list of enemies you’ve given him) decides, as everything else has changed, he might as well replace Big Jim Teasdale to freshen things up and make one more enemy.

I cut Lori early in my last DIW save as she caused problems backstage. But her bio (getting over in a stable and being one of the few to stay loyal) made me think what if she was made booker, with The Comedian acknowledging he first hired her as eye candy but, for 12 years, she’s understood his audience as well as anyone.

I tend to be a continuity booker, but I feel like this backstory you’ve inspired will push me to be more chaotic. I’m thinking of putting the title on the Cult straight away (having Edwards screw Milton to start another slow climb to the top for him). And it also gives me a rationale to look at establishing a women’s division.

Anyway, sorry for all the noise, it was just to say how much I appreciate the depth and detail and how much even reading a few of the profiles has changed my perspective and got me really excited to dive back into TEW. Thanks.

You definitely did. The level of detail is incredible and, like you say, it opens up so many save possibilities.

The new rival hardcore companies and Mayhem Mulhoney walking out got me thinking perhaps The Comedian (and I love the list of enemies you’ve given him) decides, as everything else has changed, he might as well replace Big Jim Teasdale to freshen things up and make one more enemy.

I cut Lori early in my last DIW save as she caused problems backstage. But her bio (getting over in a stable and being one of the few to stay loyal) made me think what if she was made booker, with The Comedian acknowledging he first hired her as eye candy but, for 12 years, she’s understood his audience as well as anyone.

I tend to be a continuity booker, but I feel like this backstory you’ve inspired will push me to be more chaotic. I’m thinking of putting the title on the Cult straight away (having Edwards screw Milton to start another slow climb to the top for him). And it also gives me a rationale to look at establishing a women’s division.

Anyway, sorry for all the noise, it was just to say how much I appreciate the depth and detail and how much even reading a few of the profiles has changed my perspective and got me really excited to dive back into TEW. Thanks.

Don’t apologise, i like seeing what people come up with!

I really like that idea for Lori, would be interesting for a promotion like DIW (real men! Hardcore! Last of a dying breed!) Being told what to do by Lori.

A women’s division in DIW would be interesting, might have to look towards Canada or Japan for hardcore women, if you can get them to come to Oceania.

This is looking amazing so far. Just reading the fed bios I can see a lot of interesting save ideas in USA and Japan, I noted the war you kicked off there, that freshens the scene up there by itself, it also leaves room for another women's revolution fed to kickstart for wrestlers and fans that just want to enjoy wrestling without the sniping between the two. I also want to explore the Zen system and what you have going on in Britain.

So far I have only looked at the world from inside one company, AAA, but looking at the people there and the people available whether in handshake deals or unemployed as a whole I am seeing a lot of natural narratives, so far the only one I am solid on is that I am absolutely rescuing Tzilla from the awkward situation she is in to bring her in to team with Alexis and Shikoba but after I have seen what I can do with the current roster there are certainly people I want to look to bring in and make wrestling stories with. There's definitely a lot of hours in one company which makes the prospect of exploring the whole world outside of that exciting too.

The one thing I would ask as a possible did you mean to do it, I noticed that Verdana can work the States but the rest of the Weird Sisters won't without being asked to consider it in game, while I think I would rather use them in Zen anyhow it seems odd that one of the group will take bookings where the others won't given their whole history revolves around being a trio.

Edited to add:

I've had a more in depth look than I had chance to earlier and yeah, wow. I like how you have filled out the dojos with some of the workers that came in from other mods, Bunny Mansion and Cat's Lair have credit for a lot of current and future stars. Also just looking at the places and stars I know there really does seem to be two years of active development from the original database and four from your own 2018 database.

After I have done AAA, I absolutely need to look at Devil Women, QAW and Eve, they all look amazing and with AAA locking down people into exclusive deals it feels like there will be a lot of opportunity to try different stars in those places. Rockstar Wrestling is also an intriguing place to try to develop to take on the bigger companies (though I do wonder if Pariah is going to sting a third place, apparently you can take Pariah out of the FBI but you can't take the FBI out of Pariah)

I like how you have done the storylines in AAA, there is one personal storyline which should be fun to develop (and I am loving that Shrieking Harpy are gaining from this and their relationship with Cherry Bomb), the title storylines are very in depth and are very helpful in sorting stars to the various title scenes.

I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with the Stardust Cup, I could see that being a mostly one night King of the Ring type thing or something where people have to fight over the months before to finish with the last two or three rounds, it adds a new wrinkle to the long standing AAA formula.

Lavelluk, this is really fantastic.

Been spending the last hour or so reading through bios and damn you created a very interesting world. I don't plan on abandoning my SWF 2018 game as I'm still having a blast with it and think I can go pretty far, but I definitely think I'll get some inspiration from some of the things you did in 2022. This version of SWF is way more interesting than my current SWF lol.

Might plan on a file sometime down the line but thank you for all your hard work with this mod. Not going to spoil anything for anyone but man there are so many files that can be made with multiple promotions.

Congrats on the release!

This is looking amazing so far. Just reading the fed bios I can see a lot of interesting save ideas in USA and Japan, I noted the war you kicked off there, that freshens the scene up there by itself, it also leaves room for another women's revolution fed to kickstart for wrestlers and fans that just want to enjoy wrestling without the sniping between the two. I also want to explore the Zen system and what you have going on in Britain.

So far I have only looked at the world from inside one company, AAA, but looking at the people there and the people available whether in handshake deals or unemployed as a whole I am seeing a lot of natural narratives, so far the only one I am solid on is that I am absolutely rescuing Tzilla from the awkward situation she is in to bring her in to team with Alexis and Shikoba but after I have seen what I can do with the current roster there are certainly people I want to look to bring in and make wrestling stories with. There's definitely a lot of hours in one company which makes the prospect of exploring the whole world outside of that exciting too.

The one thing I would ask as a possible did you mean to do it, I noticed that Verdana can work the States but the rest of the Weird Sisters won't without being asked to consider it in game, while I think I would rather use them in Zen anyhow it seems odd that one of the group will take bookings where the others won't given their whole history revolves around being a trio.

I already have an idea in my head for where Japan is heading in 2026, if i choose to torture myself and do another release!

I had to look Tzilla up – it’s weird as i feel i should remember things, but box sent me renders of people and i didn’t recognise the names of my own creations lol. But yeah, Tzilla needs saving tbf

I tried to make it so there are a lot of people available who have some drawing power at small level, even quite a few at medium, just so things can get mixed up a bit, and if you create a company from scratch it doesn’t have to be build around the usual few.

I had a look at the weird sisters, they are from willr0ck’s women’s revolution. I get where you are coming from, but all three have different availability so it seems by design. It’s the MMA fighter who can work North America which probably makes sense, then the lucha fan only has Europe and Mexico etc.

Guess you just have to build your reputation up enough to get them to America, or hope they get loaned to ZEN:B!

Lavelluk, this is really fantastic.

Been spending the last hour or so reading through bios and damn you created a very interesting world. I don't plan on abandoning my SWF 2018 game as I'm still having a blast with it and think I can go pretty far, but I definitely think I'll get some inspiration from some of the things you did in 2022. This version of SWF is way more interesting than my current SWF lol.

Might plan on a file sometime down the line but thank you for all your hard work with this mod. Not going to spoil anything for anyone but man there are so many files that can be made with multiple promotions.

Congrats on the release!

Thank you!

I had a really good SWF save on 2018 too so i get the not wanting to abandon it lol

I already have an idea in my head for where Japan is heading in 2026, if i choose to torture myself and do another release!

I had to look Tzilla up – it’s weird as i feel i should remember things, but box sent me renders of people and i didn’t recognise the names of my own creations lol. But yeah, Tzilla needs saving tbf

I tried to make it so there are a lot of people available who have some drawing power at small level, even quite a few at medium, just so things can get mixed up a bit, and if you create a company from scratch it doesn’t have to be build around the usual few.

I had a look at the weird sisters, they are from willr0ck’s women’s revolution. I get where you are coming from, but all three have different availability so it seems by design. It’s the MMA fighter who can work North America which probably makes sense, then the lucha fan only has Europe and Mexico etc.

Guess you just have to build your reputation up enough to get them to America, or hope they get loaned to ZEN:B!

l

You do realise having put it out there there will be a clamour for a 2026 mod now ;)

Just looking at the people available yeah I can very much see the potential to make a new place and use an entirely different roster to one you would have in any of the current feds.

One misplaced word catch for you, I am assuming Becky Jo Johnson is a spectacle in any ring, not a sceptical :)

I missed you had replied to me and edited my last post as yours went onto a new page so just figured worth repeating here, it really does feel just following the people and places I know that four years have happened since your last database and two since the original 2020 database, this mod makes the whole scene feel alive.

You do realise having put it out there there will be a clamour for a 2026 mod now ;)

Just looking at the people available yeah I can very much see the potential to make a new place and use an entirely different roster to one you would have in any of the current feds.

One misplaced word catch for you, I am assuming Becky Jo Johnson is a spectacle in any ring, not a sceptical :)

I missed you had replied to me and edited my last post as yours went onto a new page so just figured worth repeating here, it really does feel just following the people and places I know that four years have happened since your last database and two since the original 2020 database, this mod makes the whole scene feel alive.

haha, I’ll probably end up doing it either way tbh

Thanks for that! I have edited the profile, you were correct, I did not mean to say she was a sceptical lol

That’s exactly what I am going for. The turnover in the big promotions is maybe slightly high, but i want it to feel like every company is looking to become number one, and they are after each other’s stars.

Lavel, I can't wait to find out everything else you've done! The little tidbit I knew had me so wanting to know more about the AltVerse in 2022. :) Can't wait to download and find out more.

Enjoy man!

UPDATE

Second company write-up has been completed. SWF is now on post #2 of this thread.

For anyone who enjoys these - do you prefer a few more pictures? Or is it ok?

Also - one again I want to thank everyone who has given this mod a go, it now has over 100 downloads in 24hours!

Had a first look at this mod, found out there has been some not assigned pictures. I found at least 2. So sadly it isn't playable. Obviously I'm just kidding. I'm seriously impressed about your work. Only problem is that it's kind of overwhelming since I didn't really how to start, just to many possibilities for a great save.

Also I have to say my gf probably won't like your work cause it means I will sink my teeth in for a loooong time.

You can be proud cause you made this game a lot more interesting with this piece of work. Thank you for that!

Had a first look at this mod, found out there has been some not assigned pictures. I found at least 2. So sadly it isn't playable. Obviously I'm just kidding. I'm seriously impressed about your work. Only problem is that it's kind of overwhelming since I didn't really how to start, just to many possibilities for a great save.

Also I have to say my gf probably won't like your work cause it means I will sink my teeth in for a loooong time.

You can be proud cause you made this game a lot more interesting with this piece of work. Thank you for that!

Which picturs are unassigned? I searched on my game snd says no workers have no pictures? Or is it their contract pictures?

Thanks for the kind words, tell your GF I said sorry!

Which picturs are unassigned? I searched on my game snd says no workers have no pictures? Or is it their contract pictures?

Thanks for the kind words, tell your GF I said sorry!

Some DeColt (probably Alex) didn't have a render assigned when I started game with CGC. Probably not assigned with the contract then but it's easy fix.

This is so good. Thanks for this amazing work.

Big fan of the work you have put into this. It is really good to see the options this gives the user and has gotten my rendering juices flowing :)

Great work!

Thank you! That's always a good thing!

Some DeColt (probably Alex) didn't have a render assigned when I started game with CGC. Probably not assigned with the contract then but it's easy fix.

This is so good. Thanks for this amazing work.

How odd. If I get a chance in the morning I'll go through all the companies again! Thanks for letting me know. I did suggest a picture not assigned search function in the co tract section but it wasn't to be

Man, I just wanted to say... thank you. The British wrestling scene in this mod is ON FIRE and I love it so much. I might never play another mod again. And, as you may see in an upcoming dynasty, there's a company in there so perfect for me that I've had to write about it.

Man, I just wanted to say... thank you. The British wrestling scene in this mod is ON FIRE and I love it so much. I might never play another mod again. And, as you may see in an upcoming dynasty, there's a company in there so perfect for me that I've had to write about it.

Yeah I think Britain has had the most work done to it, and it was desperately needed imo.

Which company? Or are you keeping that secret for now?

Oh, awesome that this is out - I remember being blown away by the amazing work you did for the 2018 version! Can't wait to give this a try. :)

Enjoy!

Would a 2016 version of this mod be possible?

Unfortunately not, if you could convert 2020 databases to 2016 I might have considered it, but it would basically be creating the whole thing again and that would be way too much work.

downloaded and am poking around

its overwhelming but in a good way

a lot of the new women look really cool/interesting!

That’s good! I think it may feel that way at first, but hopefully people get used to it quick

Decided to pick 21CW. Made new logo for them :)

tSicWVM.jpg

0LbK6kb.jpg

Wow, a new logo for 21CW is long overdue, but that was worth the wait!!

This looks amazing from the quick poke through I've done.

I appear to be having an issue with the picture pack though. Pretty much anything new is not linking to a picture (e.g. 90% of the companies have no image attached even though they are in the database). I fully expect this to be user error on my part but just was wondering if there was something obvious I was doing wrong?

This looks amazing from the quick poke through I've done.

I appear to be having an issue with the picture pack though. Pretty much anything new is not linking to a picture (e.g. 90% of the companies have no image attached even though they are in the database). I fully expect this to be user error on my part but just was wondering if there was something obvious I was doing wrong?

I found if you select a different picture pack and then switch back to the correct one it fixes this issue.