Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

2 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

So it looks like everything is back, which is good

Quick question for everyone - can everyone see the opening post twice now? It looks like there is an option to delete now...but I don't want to do it before I know everyone else can see it duplicated!

I see it twice. 

3 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Quick question for everyone - can everyone see the opening post twice now? It looks like there is an option to delete now...but I don't want to do it before I know everyone else can see it duplicated!

Saw it twice

4 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

I see the opening post twice.

Cheers guys, how odd. Deleted one of them now

So just so people know what might be coming, I am planning a version 1.02 soon, although there have been very few errors reported to me, and the one's that have have only been spelling mistakes so nothing game breaking.

The next version will be mainly for a huge variety of future companies being added. Since releasing 1.01 I have created 158 new promotions, so that there is a bigger variety on games. This includes every single region of the game having at least two promotions that could open, although nearly all have at least three, and South London for example has nine male companies. I have tried to make it so the bigger the region the more potential companies that could open there, that way you won't see a tiny area like Tasmania having a load of promotions, but you may see Tri-State or South West having a whole host of companies.

Like I say, that is for added variety - meaning companies that open will be in different regions, have different styles, different sizes, different size women's divisions, if a division at all., hopefully making each saved game a bit more unique.

Speaking of women's wrestling, 43 of those 158 companies are women's companies too, with Japan for example having 13 potential joshi companies to open, of different sizes and products. I am just adding a few more from the "complete company sets" folder and then that will be done.

There may be other updates one day, especially if someone does find something big, but it doesn't sound like it is really needed.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Cheers guys, how odd. Deleted one of them now

So just so people know what might be coming, I am planning a version 1.02 soon, although there have been very few errors reported to me, and the one's that have have only been spelling mistakes so nothing game breaking.

The next version will be mainly for a huge variety of future companies being added. Since releasing 1.01 I have created 158 new promotions, so that there is a bigger variety on games. This includes every single region of the game having at least two promotions that could open, although nearly all have at least three, and South London for example has nine male companies. I have tried to make it so the bigger the region the more potential companies that could open there, that way you won't see a tiny area like Tasmania having a load of promotions, but you may see Tri-State or South West having a whole host of companies.

Like I say, that is for added variety - meaning companies that open will be in different regions, have different styles, different sizes, different size women's divisions, if a division at all., hopefully making each saved game a bit more unique.

Speaking of women's wrestling, 43 of those 158 companies are women's companies too, with Japan for example having 13 potential joshi companies to open, of different sizes and products. I am just adding a few more from the "complete company sets" folder and then that will be done.

There may be other updates one day, especially if someone does find something big, but it doesn't sound like it is really needed.

Actually I don't know if you consider this a bug, but when I simulated a few years in the future some of ZEN companies finished their broadcasting deals with their own network (!) and starts drastically losing popularity in all areas except where the promotion is based from. Perhaps all ZEN companies need to be set as property of ZEN Network, since it wouldn't make sense that you lost a deal with your own broadcaster.

1 hour ago, daveen said:

Actually I don't know if you consider this a bug, but when I simulated a few years in the future some of ZEN companies finished their broadcasting deals with their own network (!) and starts drastically losing popularity in all areas except where the promotion is based from. Perhaps all ZEN companies need to be set as property of ZEN Network, since it wouldn't make sense that you lost a deal with your own broadcaster.

Hmmm odd, they are actually set to be owned by the ZEN Network for that very reason!

I have the broadcast deals set for 5 years (the most you can) as they used to drop them before too, but I thought that had stopped happening!

I'm guessing the individual promotions outgrow the network, but I mean that shouldn't matter to the Network as they own the company, shouldn't be wanting to put them on other networks.

Not sure if anyone else has any clue what can be done to prevent this?

Concerning ZEN: I think a big issue is the ZEN Alliance having the public option clicked. You see, it treats all the companies as one company. So if one of the companies can't afford to be on the ZEN Network, it would treat all companies as if they can't afford from said alliance and were given the boot. Until that one company can get into the position to be able to be on a network, the others can't either. Then compound that any damages that damage one, damage all and it just snowballs until they are shells of themselves.

So I'd really recommend turning that option off. It honestly is more of a detriment than a boon like it says it would be. Just keep it off and treat it as public without it. It'll function much better. You don't have to worry about anyone leaving since you have them listed as permanent members and they'll never have issues with each other as they are listed as sister companies. 

Another thing I'd like to point out that isn't too much of a big deal is that Entertainment isn't selected for ZEN alliance for products. This is more a nitpick from me, as there isn't anyone else who is going to be joining ZEN, but as both Comic Book Lucha Libre and Monster Battles are Entertainment based it would make sense for that option to be selected.

The other major problem is that each company will need to own its own network. The game just can't see the network as being owned by the entire group. If you have it owned by the media group ZEN Network, it'll just treat it as traditional channel. If the company doesn't live up to their standard, boot it goes. Even if they are owned. Also even if you deselect the exclusive rights option (which is currently listed as on), it'll just be negotiated to be back on when it is time to renegotiate, so it isn't as simple as doing that either. Or at least what I found when I was working on my mod I told you about.

That's about all I can suggest for you. Sucks, since I know that isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but that's probably the only solution that will work the way you want it to work currently.

1 hour ago, Dorian said:

Concerning ZEN: I think a big issue is the ZEN Alliance having the public option clicked. You see, it treats all the companies as one company. So if one of the companies can't afford to be on the ZEN Network, it would treat all companies as if they can't afford from said alliance and were given the boot. Until that one company can get into the position to be able to be on a network, the others can't either. Then compound that any damages that damage one, damage all and it just snowballs until they are shells of themselves.

So I'd really recommend turning that option off. It honestly is more of a detriment than a boon like it says it would be. Just keep it off and treat it as public without it. It'll function much better. You don't have to worry about anyone leaving since you have them listed as permanent members and they'll never have issues with each other as they are listed as sister companies. 

Another thing I'd like to point out that isn't too much of a big deal is that Entertainment isn't selected for ZEN alliance for products. This is more a nitpick from me, as there isn't anyone else who is going to be joining ZEN, but as both Comic Book Lucha Libre and Monster Battles are Entertainment based it would make sense for that option to be selected.

The other major problem is that each company will need to own its own network. The game just can't see the network as being owned by the entire group. If you have it owned by the media group ZEN Network, it'll just treat it as traditional channel. If the company doesn't live up to their standard, boot it goes. Even if they are owned. Also even if you deselect the exclusive rights option (which is currently listed as on), it'll just be negotiated to be back on when it is time to renegotiate, so it isn't as simple as doing that either. Or at least what I found when I was working on my mod I told you about.

That's about all I can suggest for you. Sucks, since I know that isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but that's probably the only solution that will work the way you want it to work currently.

Would the public option affect getting on the Network though if owned by the network? TBH each company feels way more like an individual one now anyone so I agree on taking it off, made sense in 2018 but not so much now they are all established. Especially in canon, as since 2020 they have slowed down on talent sharing too.

I also agree on entertainment being ticked, even if it doesn't make a difference it just seems right!

It's a tough one, and actually it's because of things like this that I actually nearly killed the network for 2022 as it just doesn't quite work in a way the game can handle. But it does work for 5 years so decided to keep it!

I did do some tests where each company owned the part of the network in their region, with ZEN: Original also having the India/Mexico coverage. That way I was thinking coverage could also increase over time, but TBH not only did that result in companies being dropped it appears the AI never increases coverage either. SWF for example seem to prefer having 700mil in the bank over increasing coverage on their network.

I believe that the game has no way for the broadcasters to increase (or even decrease) their ranges. A major reason why you can't stay loyal to one network, with your company being the sole reason why it is now so big. An over haul of how networks, media groups and other television programming (other TV shows) has to take place to make that work. Sadly. That's something for another day though.

That said, if it worked in your tests, that's a good thing then. :)

• lavelleuk changed the title to (VERSION 1.02 RELEASED 02 SEP 22) Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod

1.02 RELEASED 02 SEP 22

175 Future Promotions Added

Queen Raya Added

Namie Nakashima Added

Nanase Hamasaki Added

Bloody Nora Added

CVFP_AsianFemale (263) – (281) Added

CVFP_AsianMale (345) Added

CVFP_BlackFemale (180) – (182) Added

CVFP_BlackMale (464) – (465) Added

CVFP_HispanicMale (206)

CVFP_IndianFemale (22) – (23) Added

CVFP_IndianMale (114) – (117) Added

CVFP_PacificMale (104) – (106) Added

CVFP_WhiteFemale (806) – (813) Added

CVFP_WhiteMale (1357) – (1372) Added

NOTBPW Mens Title Lineage Fixed

BCG Schedule Altered

Lacey Montgomery And Shawn Montgomery Birthdays Switched To Reflect Bios

Robert Casey Now Canadian And Bio Fixed To Reflect That

Pictures In “Extra Logos” Folder Have Been Organised Better

APW Thunder Added (Inactive)

SWF Assault Added (Inactive)

SWF Xtreme TV Added (Inactive)

SWF Prime Added (Inactive)

AAA Women Of Wrestling Added (Inactive)

21CW Kingdom Added (Inactive)

21CW United Added (Inactive)

These changes mean that:

The amount of ‘yet to open’ companies in the mod is now 247, which is 218 more than the default data.

The five extra workers take the mod to 1,443 extra wrestlers compared to default data, including 445 extra female wrestlers.

The added free pictures takes the amount to 4,764, which is 3,846 more than default data.

I am not planning any more updates atm unless something big is raised to me. However, if you see anything from the smallest spelling mistake to the biggest game breaker please let me know. I may not be planning another version of the 2022 mod but if enough things come up I obviously will.

• Like 1

• lavelleuk changed the title to Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.02 RELEASED 02 SEP 22)

Already found a typo in the new update

the future company "Aerial Assault Wrestling" is called "Aerial Assault Wrestling a" for some reason

Edit: Also, Kira Claybourne's profile says she's looking to work in Britain, yet it's not an active area she can work.

Edited by Chikbot

9 hours ago, Chikbot said:

Already found a typo in the new update

the future company "Aerial Assault Wrestling" is called "Aerial Assault Wrestling a" for some reason

Edit: Also, Kira Claybourne's profile says she's looking to work in Britain, yet it's not an active area she can work.

Thank you, looks like I got got carried away writing the initials for AAW, and put Kira active in Europe instead of Britain. I've kept her active in Europe though as that still makes sense

I have updated the file but not bothered to make it 1.03 as it's just two little things...However, whilst doing that I discovered that if you "replace" a file on MediaFire it keeps the number of downloads the same! I like to keep an eye on how many downloads but always deleted the file and added it again, resetting it to 0. Wish I knew that before, the original 1.00 version of this mod already had 300 downloads but it's now back down to 40 from 1.02 so I'll never really know just how many people downloaded it...annoying!

Edit - man it even keeps the download link the same, where didn't I know this years ago? Haha

Edited by lavelleuk

UPDATE

Sixth company write-up has been completed. RAW is now on post #10 of this thread.

With this new board seeming better for pictures can someone let me know if the screenshots for RAW looks good? On the old board they were too big compared to text and stuff, but I believe that has been sorted? At least on my end it seems to keep things in proportion lol

If so I may go back and add screenshots to the other companies too

Sorry guys, I lied! It came to my attention that I forgot to add a third referee to AAA, so one has now been added, which means there is now a version 1.03. I used this as an opportunity to add some free pics too, so there you go lol

1.03 Released 07 SEP 22

Sandra Sui Added (AAA Referee)

Aerial Assault Wrestling Typo Fixed

Kira Claybourne Available To Work In The British Isles

Melissa Abernathy Now Working In RAW Under Her Own Name

CVFP_AsianFemale (282) – (300) Added

CVFP_AsianMale (346) Added

CVFP_BlackFemale (183) – (185) Added

CVFP_HispanicMale (207) and (208) Added

CVFP_MaskedFemale (120) – (122) Added

CVFP_WhiteFemale (814) Added

CVFP_WhiteMale (1373) – (1377) Added

• lavelleuk changed the title to Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.03 RELEASED 07 SEP 22)
2 hours ago, The Swanton825 said:

Just wanted to say that I love what you've done with the workers from the Women's Revolution mod! It's a joy to see some of the most ridiculous characters I wrote for willr0ck get a chance to shine with the ZEN Network. I also can't believe I never thought to team up Etelka and Maneater before!

I'm glad you're enjoying what I've done with them! ZEN can help any character tbh lol