[C-Verse] Which companies are the absolute worst?

3 hours ago, James The Animator said:

Mainstream Hernandez never worked for ACPW. He was already in Puerto Rico at that point.

I literally had to redownload TEW2013 to check this because I was so positive he worked in ACPW only to find out apparently he was my Ernest Youngman back then and I must have just constantly signed  him when I did saves with them.

I don't particularly  hate any company, though I get annoyed with all of the bigger companies for poaching my talent, CWA or BHOTWG usually due to my preferences of playing in Canada and Japan.

Edited by Chisoku

In the C-verse... I think USPW/TCW/SWF are so stale and a three way competition between them seems so unrealistic. TCW falling but constantly reviving itself reminds me more of TNA than CZCW... which gives me PWG vibes. USPW being WWE and SWF... being WWE attitude era is just silly, imo. I never liked either of them together, if only one remained I think I'd enjoy them more if that makes sense. Otherwise they fill the same role imo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peria said:

In the C-verse... I think USPW/TCW/SWF are so stale and a three way competition between them seems so unrealistic. TCW falling but constantly reviving itself reminds me more of TNA than CZCW... which gives me PWG vibes. USPW being WWE and SWF... being WWE attitude era is just silly, imo. I never liked either of them together, if only one remained I think I'd enjoy them more if that makes sense. Otherwise they fill the same role imo.

While I agree I think if you think of the C-Verse in the same lens as modern day wrestling it would be tough to enjoy. The C-Verse to me is a what-if / what could have been scenario of ECW WCW and WWF surviving into the 2010s. It also makes the game world more interesting than just having USPW/SWF or having USPW/SWF vs TCW.

I think what needs to happen though is for the Big 3 to have much more distinct products from each other. Sports Entertainment Rated G vs Sports Entertainment PG-13 vs Wild Texas brawlers is kind of meh and I always change it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like USPW shouldn't exist in it's current version, since game doesn't support their style of playthrough. They should have grown a bit more mainstream style and roster to stay with game design. Game doesn't support monsters anymore or even weirder or out there products through it's engine, it's all be entertaining on mic or be a in-ring maniac.

Even their product feels like homework.

I think it was a good decision to close CGC overall since they were pretty much same and their style of monster of week defeated by DeColt boys won't work in current edition.

Edited by SanX

On 11/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Blackman said:

I'm not a fan of QAW as I cannot really imagine what the hell it's supposed to be. AAA used to be the "small WWE". I rarely played it but it's a clear vision. 

Other than that I believe all companies have their place. I liked NOTB, PGHW and CZCW and all games were fulfilling. 

AAA was never "small WWE" due solely to Anne Stardust. I've hated AAA since TEW07, despite my well known preferences. I'm glad they're dead and I hope they burn in..... QAW fits where they are. SE wouldn't work in Texas (at least not at their size) and there's no other product type as widely accepted in that part of the country as lucha libre (gee, I wonder why?). Realistically, they couldn't afford many of the AAA workers and many of them wouldn't fit their product anyway so hiring the luchadoras fits both cost and product wise.

Personally, I despise every company with a women's division, especially USPW and CWA. USPW has talent that can main event their shows and do better than many of the people currently main eventing their shows if not for the built-in restriction of 'women's division'. CWA has at least one person capable of that (you know who The Franchise is) and maybe up to three, with some work. I also dislike default CWWF because...omg, so bland. That company has the personality of a 2x4. (Please don't sue me, 2x4s)

As for ACPW producing stars, Heather B is essentially Maria Kanellis pre-Mike Bennett. Redhead naive airhead with mainly looks until she develops her mic skills. I've seen Jamie Atherton and Ant Man show up in CZCW then MAW-SWF (Atherton) and USPW (Ant Man) so it's not out of the realm of possibility. They're just not ready made like a Mainstream Hernandez (who also wasn't ready made but developed a lot faster than the ACPW guys tend to).

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Grimikus said:

I think for me it is USPW, because if any company in the game is gonna poach my top stars, its USPW, lol. Just seems to always be them for some reason.

I want to kill them off but, they always have a lot of money.

I’m playing as CZCW, but my version isn’t that similar to January 2020’s CZCW. I have a Women’s brand because integrated rosters make my skin crawl, and the CZCW ladies need major help, which is most easily attainable by bringing in QAW stars but allowing them to develop there too. Or bring in Alicia Strong, Pariah, Brooke Tyler, Amber Allen, Fuyoko Higa, Shiori Jippensha and supplement them with a smattering of others. If J.K. Stallings dropped $50m on Cliff Anderson’s desk, they can challenge the top 3, but not with many of the starting roster. 

I hate PSW. They have Ernest Youngman, Nelson Callum, Ash Campbell and Rich ‘n’ Famous but have to work hardcore. If Mitch Naess were to shut up shop, he’d be the hottest free agent in wrestling and if he took his place in the TCW announcing booth with those five guys and a few tag teams added to the roster (American Cobras, Cali Dragons if you can steal Mikey Lau, Matthew Keith to join his brother, KC Glenn and his mentor Joey Morgan), TCW could rule the wrestling world. I don’t care much for Japanese, Mexican or European companies, they just don’t interest me, as with real life. I wish I had played with MOSC. 21CW, SWF and RAW I just can’t book (CZCW only works for me because they have no storyline requirements). I’ve seen USPW be toppled, dumped by Reverie and had The Force become the owner and booker, trading the belt with James Justice, moving towards his 60th birthday. For such a dominant company, they’re in rough shape. 

Edited by SimplyPerfect
Spurious bracket

On 3/10/2023 at 1:07 AM, SimplyPerfect said:

I’m playing as CZCW, but my version isn’t that similar to January 2020’s CZCW. I have a Women’s brand because integrated rosters make my skin crawl, and the CZCW ladies need major help, which is most easily attainable by bringing in QAW stars but allowing them to develop there too. Or bring in Alicia Strong, Pariah, Brooke Tyler, Amber Allen, Fuyoko Higa, Shiori Jippensha and supplement them with a smattering of others. If J.K. Stallings dropped $50m on Cliff Anderson’s desk, they can challenge the top 3, but not with many of the starting roster. 

I hate PSW. They have Ernest Youngman, Nelson Callum, Ash Campbell and Rich ‘n’ Famous but have to work hardcore. If Mitch Naess were to shut up shop, he’d be the hottest free agent in wrestling and if he took his place in the TCW announcing booth with those five guys and a few tag teams added to the roster (American Cobras, Cali Dragons if you can steal Mikey Lau, Matthew Keith to join his brother, KC Glenn and his mentor Joey Morgan), TCW could rule the wrestling world. I don’t care much for Japanese, Mexican or European companies, they just don’t interest me, as with real life. I wish I had played with MOSC. 21CW, SWF and RAW I just can’t book (CZCW only works for me because they have no storyline requirements). I’ve seen USPW be toppled, dumped by Reverie and had The Force become the owner and booker, trading the belt with James Justice, moving towards his 60th birthday. For such a dominant company, they’re in rough shape. 

You can turn off storyline requirements in settings. 

On 3/10/2023 at 1:07 AM, SimplyPerfect said:

Using one of these two ideas alone would breathe new life into my game. Using both? spacer.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up on my dislike of SNP, that company quickly went down the ****er in my game and were in financial trouble for months. I attempted to buy them out multiple times (plan was to shed the dead weight and turn it into UK developmental) but they never budged. Now they are dead. I can still start a fresh brand and hoover up their best talent but man, Carnie really is that big of a Carnie to not sell this whole time.

On 8/22/2022 at 12:49 AM, Jaysin said:

They're no longer around, but NOTBPW. Their product is fine, but their name is awful. Just the worst. It's far too wordy and a mouthful as an abbreviation. 

Also, they always stole Johnny Bloodstone from me in Cver2005 saves and it drove me nuts.

NOTBPW were by far my most hated because they would just spam the same three matches at the top of the card for literally decades and win MOTY, COTY and WOTY even when the Stones and McFly were well into their fifties. Bleh, Glad they died

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know the posts are from a while ago but I wholeheartedly disagree on APW. It's a fun federation to play through knowing that it is a distant second (though the discrepancies between the Oceanic federations is a bit absurd) but still bigger than DIW and ZEN. I have played probably six different saves going at least one year into an APW story and every time I do it a little different (with a few in-game editor changes etc here and there) and always find it fun. The Oceanic talent pool is really broad, and you have a lot of freedom as APW.

The biggest problem imo is RAW is just insurmountably large. If the RAW AI wants to do something it will do it. If a wrestler leaves RAW (which seems to happen 2-3 times a year) you can probably snag them but they will never, ever, ever want to lose because the popularity difference is just so vast.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:02 PM, Remianen said:

AAA was never "small WWE" due solely to Anne Stardust. I've hated AAA since TEW07, despite my well known preferences. I'm glad they're dead and I hope they burn in..... QAW fits where they are. SE wouldn't work in Texas (at least not at their size) and there's no other product type as widely accepted in that part of the country as lucha libre (gee, I wonder why?). Realistically, they couldn't afford many of the AAA workers and many of them wouldn't fit their product anyway so hiring the luchadoras fits both cost and product wise.

Personally, I despise every company with a women's division, especially USPW and CWA. USPW has talent that can main event their shows and do better than many of the people currently main eventing their shows if not for the built-in restriction of 'women's division'. CWA has at least one person capable of that (you know who The Franchise is) and maybe up to three, with some work. I also dislike default CWWF because...omg, so bland. That company has the personality of a 2x4. (Please don't sue me, 2x4s)

As for ACPW producing stars, Heather B is essentially Maria Kanellis pre-Mike Bennett. Redhead naive airhead with mainly looks until she develops her mic skills. I've seen Jamie Atherton and Ant Man show up in CZCW then MAW-SWF (Atherton) and USPW (Ant Man) so it's not out of the realm of possibility. They're just not ready made like a Mainstream Hernandez (who also wasn't ready made but developed a lot faster than the ACPW guys tend to).

I agree with this-- I love women's wrestling but AAA was a slog. A real lack of depth [and wider scene], totally bland, and was like a bizarro Shimmer. It seems like it just moved north and became CWWF.

I like QAW [obviously, i write a diary on it] but I avoided it to begin with because without mods to expand the scene it can feel lifeless. And I think the presentation of the brand/product is confusing-- it seems like an all-american, as in USA, vibe [Glow-ish] but it's much more international with a heavy reliance on Mexican talent. But once you get past that it's a fun promotion [especially with updated renders]-- Hellcat Hernandez, Pinky Perez, Alina, Danielle, Foxxy, Emma May, Juana Hurricane & Pamela Rojo make for an excellent main event scene. The tag and shockwave division need building but again, that's part of the challenge. 

Edited by Rhysrob

On 4/5/2023 at 2:01 PM, Inky The Squid Boy said:

NOTBPW were by far my most hated because they would just spam the same three matches at the top of the card for literally decades and win MOTY, COTY and WOTY even when the Stones and McFly were well into their fifties. Bleh, Glad they died

NOTBPW was BRUTAL. Tag matches ending double count outs getting 5 star ratings. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, Rhysrob said:

I agree with this-- I love women's wrestling but AAA was a slog. A real lack of depth [and wider scene], totally bland, and was like a bizarro Shimmer. It seems like it just moved north and became CWWF.

I like QAW [obviously, i write a diary on it] but I avoided it to begin with because without mods to expand the scene it can feel lifeless. And I think the presentation of the brand/product is confusing-- it seems like an all-american, as in USA, vibe [Glow-ish] but it's much more international with a heavy reliance on Mexican talent. But once you get past that it's a fun promotion [especially with updated renders]-- Hellcat Hernandez, Pinky Perez, Alina, Danielle, Foxxy, Emma May, Juana Hurricane & Pamela Rojo make for an excellent main event scene. The tag and shockwave division need building but again, that's part of the challenge. 

I disagree with AAA; it was my second-favorite promotion to play as in 2016. The main issues were how all your top talent would get poached by USPW and NOTBPW within the first year, and how the region made it very, VERY hard to grow in size significantly. If they had been around today, it might be a bit more fun to play as (thanks, WrestleWorld!).

Now, for companies I don't like, CILL. I've tried, I want to like them, but the whole thing feels like, "Do you want to play as OLLIE, only with less money, talent, and popularity? Then we have a company for you!"