[RELEASE] CornellVerse 2007

Version 2 Release Notes:

* Corrected TCW events

* Corrected SWF Events

* Amended incorrect worker images, bios, attributes and starting activity

* Moved Pistol Pete Hall to GCG, not CGC

* Removed duplicate workers

* Imported eras from Cverse1997

* SAISHO and WEXXV events added from CV2010 (thank you BrokenCycle)

* BHOTWG, PGHW and GCG TV shows removed to avoid too many events

* Some logos changed to incorporate the amazing work of Willr0ck and Kamchatka

EDIT

I've realised that the Developmental contracts were all wrong, so I've been through and updated them to make them correct. The file has been updated to reflect this.

Edited by TCP1
  • Like 1

Not sure how the CornellVerse is in Japan. As far as real life goes though:

-Most are a Puro product.
-Women's wrestling are a seperate company (Joshi).
-I've noticed a lot of companies don't really use a face/heel divide. They have guys that act heelish and some that act very fan friendly, but no set stance.
-Tag matches are very common for the first few matches of most cards. Trios up to 5v5 are common as well.
-Stables are very common, especially in NJPW.
-Title changes are less frequent than American products. Also most important matches are usually at least 20 minutes, usually longer, sometimes reaching 35-45 minutes.
-Managers are less common, hardly used at all. Right now, Gedo comes out with Bullet Club guys, Dick Togo comes out and sometimes wrestles with House of Torture guys. Jado seems to be an ally/manager of Guerrillas of Destiny. Taichi sometimes has his GF come out at major events.

• Like 1

It may have been a creative decision but you are missing Chaos Khan FKA Tatsukishi Shichirobei from the DAVE roster, and also in 07 there was a working relationship between the two.

Edit: Scratch that, you already accounted for this. I'd suggest editing Khan's job history for DAVE to end in October 2006 as that's mentioned as the falling out in Henry Lee's bio. He currently has his job history listed as through Feb 07.

Edited by Midnightnick
  • Like 1

How did you handle contract expirations in this data it seems to be all over the place? I noticed Sam Keith was random when it should be about six months before he leaves. I know it was more than just his contract was up but that was one of if not the biggest thing in the 2008 data was that Keith was in TCW kicking off the Syndicate storyline. It would be nice to have the chance to resign him or steal him away from SWF at that time. Another one is The Cannonball Kid's contract expires in 18 months but he leaves in August of 07. I didn't check Liberty's contract but I know he's the other big move in 2008. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stennick said:

How did you handle contract expirations in this data it seems to be all over the place? I noticed Sam Keith was random when it should be about six months before he leaves. I know it was more than just his contract was up but that was one of if not the biggest thing in the 2008 data was that Keith was in TCW kicking off the Syndicate storyline. It would be nice to have the chance to resign him or steal him away from SWF at that time. Another one is The Cannonball Kid's contract expires in 18 months but he leaves in August of 07. I didn't check Liberty's contract but I know he's the other big move in 2008. 

Broadly I left them random, except for companies where they were going bust. I can definitely change up the ones mentioned above and any others. 

Yeah I thought about putting everyone at DAVE at the four month mark and make it really difficult for DAVE to resign these stars while battling money issues because it makes sense but I also know that if someone is trying to save DAVE having all the contracts up in four months or whenever could be difficult. I would put Liberty's, I would put Sam Keith's at the very least to expire at their alotted times just because that would be another appeal to this. Sort of like putting Hart or the Outsider's contracts to expire if you're playing 96 or 97. Just my two cents I plan on playing the mod deeper this week great job though :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juce said:

Will you have any Indian promotions in this? It would be awesome if you fleshed out a couple promotions and some workers for the area. Maybe the promotions are not doing very well there? Would be a fun little addition to the CVerse.

I have no plans for India or Oceania. But if others would like to add them in, it's a-ok with me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, StatboyVT said:

FYI, I started a game as CGC, and Hotstuff Marie is dating Jack DeColt AND married to Nate Johnson.  Sounds pretty scandalous, haha.

Also, not all of the DeColt brothers are listed as blood relatives.

And another one...Emma Chase is engaged to Eric Eisen but dating Sammy Bach.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure if you are still updating this, but if you are, I noticed that a majority of the workers have the "Shuns Social Media" attribute.  Is this intentional?

Also, Puerto Rican Power has the "unable to wrestle again" attribute but is set as an active wrestler.  Not sure if this causes any conflicts, but thought it should be mentioned.