World Championship Wrestling -

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/dc83b46b89.jpg[/img][/url] [B][U]Monday, Week 1 January 2007 Starrcade Review & lots of other News & Notes From Wrestlezone.com[/U][/B] WCW Starrcade last night is said to have been the pinnacle in success for the Hart Family since they brought WCW back to life, as it were. Starrcade filled the Pontiac Silverdome with a crowd of over 71,000 fans. The Main Event saw The Rock beat WCW Champion Mark Magnus for the Title, and we also saw the end of the Million Dollar Vice. No other titles changed hands, other than the WCW Pure Title, of which, the first match took place between Messiah & TJ Wilson, with Wilson being victorious. On a side note, the Goldberg-Hardy match ended when Bret Hart nailed Goldberg, allowing Hardy to score the pin, thus forcing Goldberg out of WCW for good. The scripted plan was for Goldberg to indeed lose to Hardy, but not many believed Bret Hart would attack Goldberg. Several backstage WCW staff have said that this is Bret Harts revenge on the man who prematurely ended his career. The pop this got from the crowd was said to have been sensational live in attendance. WCW announced today on WCW.COM the releases of Tajiri, Johnny Swinger & Vampiro. Tajiri is set to work for NWA USA along with Swinger. Vampiro will probably head to ECW or to Japan. Vampiro’s release is somewhat of a shock. But, Tajiri & Swinger are not suprises. Both men angered WCW Officials by signing As the stipulations, Sting, Bill Goldberg have left WCW. Goldberg has been given a full release, allowing him to work elsewhere. Sting has been offered a deal to work in WCW Development territory, WSX. To complete a decline in fortunes, The Warrior has also left WCW. The Original Vice have now left WCW with immediate effect. Expect The Warrior to now retire from Wrestling, due to heat with WWE/ECW & Hulk Hogan who is spearheading NWA-USA as their top star. As agreed prior to Starrcade, Steve Austin has also left WCW. He has left on very good terms with Bret Hart and has indicated a willingness to return in the future. There are also avenues for him to work again with the WWE. WCW Owner Bret Hart sees 2007 as a year for pushing new stars off the rubs the older generation have given them. Warrior, Sting, Goldberg & Austin have undoubtedly pushed stars such as Doane, Burchill, Hardy, & The Stampede Bulldogs out as mainstream stars. Making such a bold move to release such over and experienced stars is a brave move by the WCW Owner. WCW’s Mark Jindrak is being touted by NWA USA Head Booker Vince Russo. Russo likes Jindraks style and is actively pursuing him for a deal to work for NWA. Jindrak was being lined up as a big star in WCW, first time round, under Russo, but the push never came to fruition due to various factors. Luring Jindrak away from WCW maybe hard as him & Sean O’Haire are being billed as “The Untouchables”, and are receiving a heavy push in WCW. [B]Tonight, the PWI awards are set to be announced……Wrestlezone will bring you the news as we get it. Vying for top wrestler of the year will surely by WCWs top stars, The Rock, Mark Magnus & Steve Austin, who has now left WCW.[/B]

Great stuff ego. A few questions:- [LIST=1] [*]Did you advance book a lot of matches for Starrcade in TEW? [*]What's the secret to getting so many young guys so far over so quickly? [*]Do you remember roughly how all their popularity gradings were when you began? [*]And did you drop prices to get that sort of attendence? [/LIST] Doing a fine job mate. I like the contrasts in characters in comparison to my own diary, but much the much sameness for rating importance back on actual matches.

Wow, I missed a lot. I was gone away for an entire month on a wrestling tour and came back to a complete mess! I say that in a positive way however, because although it took me forever to read, it was worth it. Starrcade was phenomenal and the attendance was nuts. I'm glad to see Rock go over Magnus as we finally get someone to beat him and I think it'll be a good storyline as well. As for the Vice leaving, well I'm going to miss them, but they've had their run. It's time for some new punks to take the spotlight. Austin leaving for some odd reason makes me happy. I don't know, just the words, Austin.. WCW.. Austin.. WCW.. it just doesn't mix ya know. Anyways, phenomenal diary, I was suprised to see this still going honestly but you have a lot of faith and a lot of readers so keep it up. Everything kicks ass dude.

You know, when I think of WCW, I think of guys like WCW Champion the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Jeff Hardy. :D Seriously, though, this has been a pretty unique diary so far, especially with the huge MDV storyline that carried through a lot of the events and PPVs you had. I'm more intrigued as to what'll happen now with all the releases and what sort of storyline will you go with, especially on the heels of the new promotion eating some of your talent, and WWE smarting.

Game-Face...... Cheers for that pic dude, thats really, really good!! Thanks again!! Sisqo-Sky........ Always nice to know people appreciate my work and booking, thanks for leaving a comment, it spurs me on a bit! Tristram......... [I]Did you advance book a lot of matches for Starrcade in TEW?[/I] Yes, basically every match was pre booked in the "biggest PPV of our time". [I]What's the secret to getting so many young guys so far over so quickly?[/I] I think the key is to work them with some top, top stars and make sure you dont give them a segment that bombs. [I]Do you remember roughly how all their popularity gradings were when you began?[/I] The gradings were whatever the TCP FORC set as, i dont edit or in anyway change the stats of anybody in my game, the only edit i had was the returning to wrestling of several stars. [I]And did you drop prices to get that sort of attendence?[/I] Nope, the prices remain the same, whatever they maybe. Extreme_Athlete33......... Dude, great to have u reading again, im sure happy with the run and effort the Vice put in, they really helped WCW challenge the WWE again, and theyve had their time. It was nice to see The Rock see out 2006 as Champ, but his feud with Magnus is far, from over. Austin in WCW had a peculiar feel to it, but i have no doubt he will be back at some point, due to his good relationship with Mr. Hart. Thanks for the kind words dude, i hope people do enjoy this diary, because it aint stopping!!! Alex Gariepy..... Glad your enjoying this, yep the MDV was a huge storyline, where we saw a group, perhaps with a unique power in WCW, even more so than the nWo, on a different scale tho. 2007 is the year for several superstars to step up to the plate and take the spots that are on offer. Just wait and see.........Im open to creative ideas, so please feel free!!! 2007 for me, starts with the PWI Top 500 which i will be posting shortly to start off the new week!!!...and an exciting one for WCW!!!

[CENTER][url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/dc83b46b89.jpg[/img][/url] [B][U]The Pro Wrestling Illustrated Awards From Wrestlezone.com[/U][/B] Wrestlezone had a reporter at the recent release of the 2006 Pro Wrestling Illustrated Awards. [img]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/PWILOG.jpg[/img] [B][COLOR="Blue"]The 2006 Pro Wrestling Illustrated Awards - 2006 Wrestler of the Year –[/COLOR][/B] [B]“Marvellous” Mark Magnus[/B] Magnus had a sensational 6month run as WCW Heavyweight Champion, which was ended by The Rock only 24hours ago. Magnus also struck up a good relationship with his manager Ted Dibiase & helped a successful Million Dollar Vice eat into WCW. [COLOR="blue"][B]- 2006 Young Wrestler of the Year – [/COLOR] “Bulldog” Harry Smith[/B] The Bulldog became the first WCW Canadian Champion back in July and hasn’t missed a beat since, he has feuded with top superstars such as Sting, Goldberg & Chris Harris (Current Canadian Champion). He is also one half of “The Stampede Bulldogs” with TJ Wilson, and has many avenues ahead of him in the singles & tag ranks of WCW in 2007. [B][COLOR="blue"]- 2006 Veteran of the year – [/COLOR][/B] [B]Sting[/B] The WCW Legend Sting, returned to WCW in July as part of the Vice, which destroyed WCW until the cavalry arrived. Recently lost a loser leaves town match to Chris Jericho. He will work in WCW Development territory WSX, he wins this award after fierce battles with the top WCW faces including Steve Austin, Harry Smith, The Rock, Harry Smith & even WCW Owner Bret Hart. [COLOR="blue"][B]- 2006 Female of the year – [/COLOR] Marika Toshida[/B] In a poor year for womens wrestling, Toshida proves she is head and shoulders above the rest in female wrestling. [COLOR="blue"][B]- 2006 Match of the Year –[/COLOR] WCW Fight Night (Special WCW Presentation PPV)[/B] [B]“The Vice’s” - Sting vs WCW Owner – “The Hitman” Bret Hart[/B] The Fight Night main event, saw Hart & Sting battle in a titanic 30 minute encounter, which ended in a draw due to a pier six brawl that incurred involving the Vice & WCW’s top faces. The match itself was a great technical, old school battle which had everything a match could ask for. If this truly is Bret Hart’s last match, it was certainly fitting for such an occasion. [B][COLOR="blue"]- 2006 Card of the Year –[/COLOR] WCW Nitro, Week 4 December 2006[/B] The final Nitro of 2006, and the final Nitro before Starrcade won the vote here in a clean sweep of awards for WCW (minus the female award). The card was full of penultimate appearances in WCW for such stars as The Warrior, Sting, Goldberg & Steve Austin, and had the ever growing feud between then WCW Champ Mark Magnus & The Rock. [B][COLOR="blue"]- PWI’s Top 100 Wrestlers of 2006 -[/COLOR][/B]Sensationally, the top 11 wrestlers were all WCW stars, which finishes a great comeback year for WCW. Top 20 as follows with a few highlighted workers. 1. Mark Magnus 2. The Rock 3. Steve Austin 4. Chris Jericho 5. Sting 6. Petey Williams 7. Harry Smith 8. TJ Wilson 9. Bill Goldberg 10. The Warrior 11. Jeff Hardy 12. Brock Lesnar 13. Hiroshi Tanahashi 14. Tamon Honda 15. Jun Akiyama 16. Masahiro Chono 17. Riki Choshu 18. Takeshi Rikio 19. Gedo 20. Saito - 23. Booker T 25. Rey Misterio Jnr 35. The Undertaker 44. The Giant 45. Rob Van Dam 46. Samoa Joe 51. AJ Styles 53. Kurt Angle 69. Johnny Nitro 73. Christian Cage 77. Jeff Jarrett 82. Chris Benoit 84. Dave Batista 85. John Cena 86. Kevin Nash -[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=The Ego;143468] Tristram......... [I]Did you advance book a lot of matches for Starrcade in TEW?[/I] Yes, basically every match was pre booked in the "biggest PPV of our time". [I]What's the secret to getting so many young guys so far over so quickly?[/I] I think the key is to work them with some top, top stars and make sure you dont give them a segment that bombs. [I]Do you remember roughly how all their popularity gradings were when you began?[/I] The gradings were whatever the TCP FORC set as, i dont edit or in anyway change the stats of anybody in my game, the only edit i had was the returning to wrestling of several stars. [I]And did you drop prices to get that sort of attendence?[/I] Nope, the prices remain the same, whatever they maybe. [/QUOTE] Cool. What booking do you use for your matches? I tried using FORC myself with similar guys that you had and I couldn't pull anything like A-B grade matches at the start. Just interested in what match strategies you use so I could implement them - good ratings for the Death of WCW means win win for all WCW marks ;)

WCW Rocks, thats for sure! I basically book everything in advance, be it Nitro, Thunder or a PPV, i make sure every angle i choose will provide an A or B rating, and thats all ive done. Ive just done wats felt right. I plan to get The WCW Tag Team Division to be more dynamite than it already is, although i think i probably have one of the best tag divisions of recent times.

Fantastic. Stupid female award had to ruin your sweep but you still did amazing. It may turn back on you that 40% of the top 10 guys you got rid of but it'll be interesting to see what happens. Spicing up your tag division would be excellent as I feel not enough companies focus much on it. The Untouchables is a phenomenal tag team and also if you can get Rene Dupree and Billy Kidman, then pair them, they make an awesome tag team as well from past experiences. It's amazing to see Mark Magnus at the top; shows that you did a great job booking wise with him. KUTGW.

very nice on getting some top 100 wrestlers, I know you released some of them, I can't wait to see what you do with the young guns of WCW. Definitly keep up the work [CENTER] [IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/EkimNosneb/SWF/SWF_Banner.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

[QUOTE=The Ego;143506]I know! Its a risk, but i have faith in the ability of some of the younger guys i have, such as Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Kenny Doane, The Untouchables, Divine Express, to name but a few.[/QUOTE] Seems like a short term loss / long term gain situation to me. From what I've been reading so far, you have Doane on the crest of a wave, waiting to break whereas Smith and TJ breaking the top ten is impressive indeed. Also separately, I like the insinuations you're making with Bret Hart and Goldberg. I suspected that even in a fantasy setting, the Hitman wouldn't be able to keep that agenda hidden for long. ;)

Extreme_Athelete33..... Rene Dupree is part of the new "Rudebox" stable with Cappotelli, Stevens & Gunn, and can be seen tagging (in a very high chemistry) with Cappotelli on occasion. Kidman is part of the cruiserweight division, until i feel he is needed elsewhere. Your right, great to see Magnus up there, he has been awesome for me, and with Dibiase, who helped him get over, we have an awesome pairing. Trell...... Yep its time for the young guns buddy, those will be the guys that will push me past WWE this year or next, im sure. Sebsplex...... Yeah defo long term gain for sure!! Yeah Doane is ready to break out into the big time, with Mel by his side. But something is about to happen to him to put a spanner in his works!! Hart had to nail Goldberg, it was only right!!! Thanks for ready guys, and Nitro's preview, the first Nitro of 2007 i might add-so its gonna be huge!...will be up shortly!

[CENTER][url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/dc83b46b89.jpg[/img][/url] [B][U]Monday, Week 1 January 2007 WCW Monday Nitro Preview From Wrestlezone.com[/U][/B] [url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/8cc2816de5.gif[/img][/url] [I][B]WCW brings you the first Monday Nitro of 2007, Live from Madison Square Garden, New York. We are just 24 hours after the “biggest PPV of our time” Starrcade, where we saw The Rock beat Mark Magnus to become new WCW Heavyweight Champion. Also the cancer of WCW, known as “The Million Dollar Vice” was beaten down by WCW’s finest to eliminate them from WCW. Tonight we see the aftermath, and we hear from new WCW Champion, The Rock![/B][/I] [B][I]Performing the Official Nitro Theme “Numb” are Linkin Park who are accompanied on stage by WCW favourites the “Rudebox” who aim to please, tease and appease the fans in MSG!!![/I][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]WCW Welcomes 2007 with a bumper card featuring…..[/COLOR][/B] [B]**A Rematch from Starrcade** WCW Heavyweight Championship Match - WCW Champion – The Rock Vs “Marvellous” Mark Magnus w/ Ted Dibiase “The Stampede Bulldogs” “Bulldog” Harry Smith & WCW Pure Champion - TJ Wilson Vs *Ted Dibiase’s Mystery men* - One Half of the WCW Tag Team Champions – “Maverick” Matt Bentley w/ Ric Flair vs - One Half of the No1 Contenders for the WCW Tag Team Championships – Sean O’Haire w/ Stacy Keibler **Non Title Match** - WCW Cruiserweight Champion – “Canadian Destroyer” Petey Williams vs “The Lionheart” Chris Jericho **WCW TV Championship Match** - WCW TV Champion – “The Wrestling Machine” Paul Burchill vs “Super” Kenny Doane w/ Cheerleader Melissa vs “Daredevil” Jeff Hardy vs “The Divine” Rene Dupree w/ Billy Gunn Tune in to Spike TV, Monday @ 9PM![/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/8cc2816de5.gif[/IMG] **A Rematch from Starrcade** WCW Heavyweight Championship Match - WCW Champion – [B]The Rock[/B] Vs “Marvellous” Mark Magnus w/ Ted Dibiase “The Stampede Bulldogs” [B]“Bulldog” Harry Smith & WCW Pure Champion - TJ Wilson[/B] Vs *Ted Dibiase’s Mystery men* - One Half of the WCW Tag Team Champions – “Maverick” Matt Bentley w/ Ric Flair vs - One Half of the No1 Contenders for the WCW Tag Team Championships – [B]Sean O’Haire[/B] w/ Stacy Keibler **Non Title Match** - WCW Cruiserweight Champion – [B]“Canadian Destroyer” Petey Williams[/B] vs “The Lionheart” Chris Jericho **WCW TV Championship Match** - WCW TV Champion – [B]“The Wrestling Machine” Paul Burchill[/B] vs “Super” Kenny Doane w/ Cheerleader Melissa vs “Daredevil” Jeff Hardy vs “The Divine” Rene Dupree w/ Billy Gunn Also curious if u got my PM I sent about the Pics [/CENTER]

**A Rematch from Starrcade** WCW Heavyweight Championship Match - WCW Champion – [B]The Rock[/B] Vs “Marvellous” Mark Magnus w/ Ted Dibiase I say this match ends with some sort of DQ.. [B]“The Stampede Bulldogs” “Bulldog” Harry Smith & WCW Pure Champion - TJ Wilson[/B] Vs *Ted Dibiase’s Mystery men* Should be interesting to see who the mystery men are. - One Half of the WCW Tag Team Champions – “Maverick” Matt Bentley w/ Ric Flair vs - One Half of the No1 Contenders for the WCW Tag Team Championships – [B]Sean O’Haire[/B] w/ Stacy Keibler I have O'Haire in my diary as well and think he ='s gold, so I go with him. **Non Title Match** - WCW Cruiserweight Champion – “Canadian Destroyer” [B]Petey Williams[/B] vs “The Lionheart” Chris Jericho Even though it's not for the title, I'm gonna go on a limb and say that champ wins. **WCW TV Championship Match** - WCW TV Champion – “The Wrestling Machine” Paul Burchill vs “Super” Kenny Doane w/ Cheerleader Melissa vs “Daredevil” Jeff Hardy vs “The Divine” [B]Rene Dupree[/B] w/ Billy Gunn I know the titles probly wont change hands but I don't go against the French Tickler.

Archived