WCW 1993 : A New World of Sport

• 2 weeks later...

9fMJ3Fq.jpg

tBEcKDL.jpg

It’s the third week of February, 1994, and it WCW is hailing from the NRG Arena in Houston, Texas! WCW Saturday Night is brought to you by Pink Dream, the official soft drink of WCW. After an intro video of WCW’s Premier League, the camera’s take us inside WCW’s neon-lit blue and pink studios where we are standing by with the WCW Analysis Team, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race and Paul E Dangerously!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to WCW Saturday Night! We are coming to you from the heart of Houston tonight, where we are kicking off Round Three of the 1994 WCW Grand Prix! Tonight, we have to major Premier League matches on deck for you, as in the main event we will see Texas’ own Stan Hansen taking on The Submission Supreme Nobuhiko Takada.
You got that right, Mista Race… And that’s not all - it’s been confirmed that Powerhouse Simmons will compete tonight against Arn Anderson… Despite his internal injuries that he suffered in Round Two, he’s been cleared for action tonight… The question on everyone’s mind has got to be - will his injury be his downfall here tonight?
yQXPnPd.jpg
It’s the Premier League, gents. That’s the way it is… The most gruelling tournament in professional wrestling. You have to find a way to stay healthy for 15 rounds. Missing even one match could be the difference between going down in history as a champion and missing out. But folks, that’s not all we have on deck for you tonight! It’s going to be the most explosive edition of the Danger Zone yet, as I sit down with ‘The Immortal’ Hulk Hogan and ‘The Man’ Ric Flair!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
And in the tag team division - we are going to see two teams on a collision course compete in their respective third round matches ahead of their Superbrawl Street Fight. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen - Both The Terrors and The Journeymen have their opportunity to rebound from terrible starts to their seasons as they look to avoid going 0-3-0.
What a great night we have in store for you all… if you will… WCW is just eight days away from Superbrawl on Pay Per View… Folks, if you haven’t made plans already, Superbrawl is sure to be the best show for your money possible… With an amazing 6-man main event and a wild 30 man battle royal… You don’t want to miss it!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Well, let’s not waste any more time! It’s time to send everyone in TV-land to our broadcast team - Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone - to call our opening match of the evening!
HwXAX8e.jpg

The neon night lights strobe in the set as the cameras zoom out and the analyst group continue to chat after their microphones are cut. Saturday Night theme plays and we cut to live shots of the ring and the crowd. WCW Saturday Night starts now!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena erupted as the menacing strains of "Ride of the Valkyries" filled the air, signaling the arrival of The Horsemen, Steve Austin and Brian Pillman. Accompanied by their stablemate, Eddie Gilbert, The Horsemen exuded confidence and arrogance as they made their way to the ring. On the opposite side stood The Terrors, Dan Spivey and One Man Gang, looking determined to assert their dominance. With a big street fight scheduled for the next Pay Per View, The Terrors were eager to regain momentum after two consecutive losses in the season

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a barnburner on our hands tonight. The Horsemen, led by the ruthless Steve Austin and the unpredictable Brian Pillman, facing The Terrors, Dan Spivey and One Man Gang. Both teams are desperate for a win, and with The Terrors looking to gain momentum ahead of their big street fight, expect nothing short of chaos in this matchup.
When I look at The Terrors, I can’t help but think of what could have been… They were so close to a promotion back into the Premier League and they came up just short at the final hour. It’s hard not to sympathize with them, but their recent change of attitude is inexcusable.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match unfolded as a chaotic and brutal brawl, with both teams unleashing a barrage of punches, kicks, and underhanded tactics. The Horsemen utilized their cunning and teamwork to isolate their opponents, while The Terrors relied on their sheer power and intimidation factor to keep The Horsemen on their toes. The action spilled out of the ring, with chairs and other weapons coming into play as the intensity escalated.

Gang and Spivey beat down their smaller opponents and Eddie Gilbert jumps up on to the apron and yells at them. Referee Mike Atkins threatens to disqualify his team. Meanwhile, Austin shoves Gang from behind, who knocks Spivey out of the ring. Austin then hits a low blow and rolls up One Man Gang for the pin!

The post-match scene saw The Horsemen celebrating their hard-fought victory, reveling in their triumph as they made their way backstage. Meanwhile, The Terrors, visibly frustrated by their defeat, regrouped outside the ring, plotting their next move. With their big street fight looming on the horizon, The Terrors knew they had to bounce back quickly if they wanted to make an impact in the season.

The Horsemen (3-0-0) defeated The Terrors (0-3-0) in 14:53 by way of pin fall when Austin pinned One Man Gang. This was their first ever encounter.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The energy in the arena surged as Diamond Dallas Page made his way out to the ring accompanied by his valet, The Diamond Doll. He’s been off to great start so far on the season. His entrance is followed by Butch Reed’s, who seems to be looking older each month lately.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got an interesting matchup here tonight. Diamond Dallas Page, on the rise in WCW, facing the seasoned 'Hacksaw' Butch Reed, who's been struggling as of late. This match is not just about physicality; it's about the clash of momentum and experience. Can DDP continue his ascent, or will Reed find redemption?
Absolutely, Jim. Diamond Dallas Page has been making waves in WCW for quite some time know, and with The Diamond Doll by his side and a mentor in Hulk Hogan, he's a force to be reckoned with. But let's not count out Butch Reed. Despite his recent setbacks, he's still a formidable opponent.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match kicked off with DDP showcasing his agility and technical prowess, while Reed relied on his power and experience. Despite Reed's attempts to regain control, DDP's quickness and innovative offense kept him on the defensive. Reed was visibly frustrated as each attempt to hit a move was thwarted.

It seems like Reed finally catches DDP and lifts him over his shoulder for a powerslam, but DDP drops down and hits a Diamond Cutter immediately! That’s all she wrote, this one ends just as it was getting started.

Butch Reed is seated on the ringside floor as he looks on in despair, knowing he was defeated with relative ease. The commentary booth are boasting that this match secured a new WCW Division Two record for shortest match time at 6:46. Meanwhile, Diamond Dallas Page and his Diamond Doll pose on the ramp as they celebrate their win.

Diamond Dallas Page (2-1-0) defeated Butch Reed (0-3-0) in 6:46 by way of pin fall. DDP improves to 2-0-0 all time against Butch Reed.

We go backstage to a set designated for Gary Hart, who is standing by reporting on the results of WCW World Wide from earlier this week, while results from Friday Night’s B-show, WCW Main Event, scrolls on the bottom of the screen.

ZPkCtDG.jpg
In Division Two action, Haku (2-1-0) defeated Tully Blanchard (2-1-0) via pin fall after a distraction from Scotty Flamingo. It was ruled there was no clear interference and as a result there was no penalty. And in Tag Team action, The Classic Era (3-0-0) defeated the PS Lucha (2-1-0). After The Classic Era won, their manager - Susan Sexton - set an ‘Eaton Open’ for Superbrawl.

Main Event #102 : Akira Hokuto & Bison Kimura def. Penelope Paradise & Jacqueline | Sabu and Stan Lane def. Rod Price and Rayo De Jalisco Jr | Van Hammer def. Grom Zaza | Ultimo Dragon def. Doug Gilbert

After Gary is done recapping the last show, he’s joined at his set by The Steiner Brothers and The Miracle Violence Connection. They promote the continued strength of WCW’s Tag Team Division and that the two teams will collide next week on WCW World Wide as the main event for the show. The four men posture with intensity as Gary Hart promises that this will no doubt be a must-see match up.

GzJCDYE.jpg

HwXAX8e.jpg
Welcome, wrestling fanatics, to the Danger Zone, the hottest spot this side of the squared circle! I'm your host, the man with the master plan, Paul E Dangerously, and tonight, we've got a showdown of epic proportions brewing. To my right, the icon, the legend, Hulk Hogan! And to my left, the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun, Ric Flair! Now, let's talk about this upcoming match.
Well, let me tell you something, brother. Ric Flair can talk all he wants about being "The Man," but the truth is, he's only as good as his cronies in the Horsemen. Take away his backup, and he's just another guy. Me? I've faced the best of the best, one-on-one, and I've always come out on top. Ric, you can strut and woo all you want, but when it's just you and me in that ring, the only thing that matters is who's the better man.
gc27x0H.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Strong words, Hulkster. Ric, your response to Hogan's accusations?
Hogan, Hogan, Hogan. You may have had your moments in the sun, but let's face facts here. I am "The Man" in WCW, with or without the Horsemen. They may have my back, but I don't need them to prove I'm the best. And when I step into that ring with you, Hogan, I'll show the world why I'm the true icon of this business. And as for the Horsemen, they're just a bonus. I'm the main event, the headliner, the showstopper. And come match day, I'll prove it once again.
zmuowxv.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Well, there you have it, folks! The tension is palpable as two titans of the wrestling world collide, each vying for the title of the best in the world. Don't you dare miss this showdown, and remember to stay dangerous!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Arn Anderson makes his way out first. Out next is Powerhouse Simmons and his ribs are severely taped up. Anderson turns to referee Nick Patrick and seems to be questioning whether Simmons should be competing or not. Simmons yells he’s fine and so it seems the match is still on.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Simmons does not look like he should be competing here tonight, but we all know just how tough he is, and how determined he is to be a champion. If the doctors have medically cleared him, there is absolutely no stopping him from competing in this ring tonight.
You know, Jim, I get that he’s stubborn and that he has the fight of a champion. But one has to wonder whether him fighting through this minor injury here will affect his ability to compete at a high level as the season carries on. You know the adage, ‘live to fight another day’? Well, if Simmons isn’t careful, he may be cutting his season short here.
1JITbbY.jpg
Arn goes to work on Ron, kneeing him in the ribs right off the bat and Ron almost keels over on the spot. Arn controls most the match early on, but Simmons manages to rally with a few spurts of big offence. Each time though, he appears to be struggling with getting his wind back.

Arn locks in an abdominal stretch and grinds his knuckles into Simmons ribs as the commentators worry about Ron’s health. Simmons seemingly is fading, when out of nowhere he powers up from his knees, lifting Arn for a massive power bomb! Simmons has Arn stacked up and gets the three count!

Simmons clutches his ribs as referee Nick Patrick attempts to raise his arm in victory. The pain on Simmons’ face is intense, but he powers through it as Arn raises to his feet, holding the back of his neck. The two men shake hands and Arn leaves the ring, shaking his head as he thought he had the match won.

Ron Simmons (1-1-1) defeated Arn Anderson (1-2-0) in 16:23 by way of pin fall. The all time series between the two is now tied, one win each.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Once again, The Fantastics come out with Fulton acting over the top about safeguarding Tommy’s recovered shoulder, while Tommy does some schtick about it being fine, only to wince when he high fives some fans. The fans seem to like Tommy’s schtick, but Bobby’s isn’t quite landing yet. Out next come the Journeymen, who are looking a bit tougher as of late. Al is looking less and less like a rookie these days.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, I am still not convinced that Tommy Rogers has fully recovered from his injury. That said, Bobby Fulton has got to start showing some faith in his partner if they want to start picking up some wins. He’s been too distracted looking out for Tommy that it’s costing them matches!
You know, Jim, The Fantastics aren’t the only ones dealing with distractions. We’ve already touched on it earlier tonight, but The Journeymen are on a collision course for what promises to be a violent affair against The Terrors at Superbrawl and you know that has to be weighing on their minds. No matter how you cut it though, both teams need to focus on picking up their first win of the season tonight.
1JITbbY.jpg
Lots of schtick involved in the early going as The Fantastics are really leaning hard into Tommy Rogers’ injured shoulder. At one point, Tommy goes for a hip toss but Bobby yelps and tags himself in despite being tired from having just tagged out, and goes to do the hip toss himself, only for Al Snow to toss him instead. Back and forth action here, with the goofiness of The Fantastics being the main story.

In the end, Fulton saves Rogers from a shoulder breaker, only to turn around and eat a super-kick from Chris Adams. Adams scores the pin!

After the match, Bobby is knocked loopy, but he’s trying to check on Tommy to ensure he’s okay. Of course, in his loopy state, he checks on Snow instead. The two teams show mutual respect and shake hands.

The Journeymen (1-2-0) defeated The Fantastics (0-3-0) in 15:50 by way of pin fall when Chris Adams pinned Bobby Fulton. This was their first ever encounter. During 1992, Fulton teamed with DDP after Rogers had suffered an injury and was unable to compete. The team of DDP and Fulton defeated The Journeymen then.

JGgmXE7.jpg

The title graphic shows for WCW’s Inside the Squared Circle segment, and the show pivots to a studio segment featuring the legendary Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura, and Magnum TA. At the bottom of the screen, a news ticker hypes next weeks WCW subsidiary shows.

3wSc89I.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 'Inside the Squared Circle'! Tonight, we're diving into a heated debate sparked by Ron Simmons' decision to compete despite nursing a rib injury. Now, some may see this as a display of courage and determination, but others argue it was a reckless move that could have serious consequences.
Reckless move? That's putting it lightly, Magnum. Ron Simmons should have had the sense to sit this one out. Wrestling with a rib injury is like trying to drive a car with a flat tire - you're just asking for trouble. Sure, he won the match, but at what cost? His ribs could be in worse shape now than before.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Jesse, I understand your concern, but Ron Simmons is a seasoned veteran. He knows his body better than anyone else. Sometimes, in the world of professional wrestling, you have to push through the pain to achieve victory. Simmons' decision to compete tonight was a testament to his resilience and commitment to the sport.
Resilience? Commitment? Give me a break, Magnum. We're not talking about a stubbed toe here; we're talking about broken ribs! Simmons may have won the match, but he could have easily aggravated the injury, prolonging his recovery time and jeopardizing his career in the process.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Jesse, I hear your concerns, but Ron Simmons made a calculated decision based on his experience and knowledge of his own body. He weighed the risks and decided that competing was worth it. And knowing Simmons, he'll take the necessary steps to ensure he heals properly and continues to compete at the highest level.

SSW Round 3, Card 1 featuring El Hijo del Santo vs Frankie Lancaster| PPW Round 3, Card 1 featuring Jeff Jarrett vs Great Kokina | WFWA Round 4 Card 2, featuring Leo Burke vs Buddy Hart | PWFG Round 3, Card 2 featuring Akira Maeda vs Garby Albright

We cut away to Sting, Muta and Luger standing together with Gary Hart. They cut a promo for their 6-Man Tag Main Event at SuperBrawl against Player Enterprises. Luger is looking absolutely jacked, he’s packed on the muscle recently. The star power here is insane. Sting and Luger make it clear that they are happy to help out Muta in this battle, but that is the extent of this relationship.

Next week’s Saturday Night main event will be Big Van Vader taking on Rick Rude. Duelling promos aired from the two competitors.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Rude, listen up cuz I’m going to keep this short. Unlike you, I do my talking in the ring. I’ve gone the first two rounds against everyone’s favourites and here I am still without a loss to my name. You’re a previous champ, I get that. In my eyes - you are a chump. 1994 will be know as the year of Vader because it’s time… It’s time… It’s Vader Time!
Vader, you overgrown chimpanzee. When people look at you, they see a slob, a walking bag of garbage. Look at me! Draped in gold and chiseled out of granite! There’s a reason I’m the champion. I am the face of this company and a dirty, disgusting giant like you has no right thinking they can represent anything! So next week, I avenge my loss against you from last year and the entire world gets to watch their hero topple another monster en route to defending his throne!
1JITbbY.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena buzzed with anticipation as 'The Standard-Bearer' Mitsuharu Misawa made his grand entrance, exuding an aura of confidence and mastery. Misawa commanded respect as he stepped into the ring. Across from him stood 'Z-Man' Tom Zenk, a once promising competitor now teetering on the edge of instability. Zenk, displaying further fanaticism, entered the arena clutching a religious sign that read ‘Save Us Lord From Ourselves’.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a fascinating showdown tonight. Mitsuharu Misawa, the embodiment of excellence in the ring, facing off against 'Z-Man' Tom Zenk, who's been on a downward spiral since the betrayal of his closest friend. This match is about more than just victory; it's about redemption and proving one's worth in the face of adversity.
Absolutely, Jim. Misawa's reputation precedes him as one of the most dangerous competitors in the business. But let's not count out 'Z-Man' Zenk. Despite his recent struggles, his newfound zealotry adds an unpredictable element to this matchup. It's a clash of ideologies as much as it is a physical contest.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match began with Misawa demonstrating his technical prowess and ring mastery, keeping Zenk on the defensive with a relentless onslaught of strikes and submissions. Despite Zenk's erratic behavior and fanatical demeanor, he showed glimpses of resilience, fighting back with unorthodox offense and desperate maneuvers. However, Misawa remained in control for the majority of the match, showcasing why he is considered one of the best in the world.

In the climax of the match, Misawa delivered his signature move, the Emerald Flowsion, with precision and authority, flooring Zenk and securing the victory in decisive fashion. Despite Zenk's valiant effort, he was no match for the skill and experience of Misawa.

The post-match scene saw Misawa standing tall in the center of the ring, his victory solidifying his position as a dominant force in the wrestling world. Meanwhile, Zenk, visibly defeated and dejected, retreated from the ring, his downward spiral continuing.

Mitsuharu Misawa (2-1-0) defeated Tom Zenk (0-3-0) in 14:33 by way of pin fall. This was their first ever encounter.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The tension in the arena was palpable as 'Sugar' Stan Hansen, accompanied by his entourage from Flamingo Corp, made his way to the ring. Hansen, known for his rough and unpredictable style, exuded a menacing aura, fueled by his recent tensions with his boss - Scotty Flamingo. On the other side, 'Submission Supreme' Nobuhiko Takada entered with his stable, Player Enterprises, by his side. Takada appeared more focused and dangerous than ever, ready to assert his dominance. With both men backed by their respective stables, the stage was set for a clash of ruthless heels.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a combustible situation here tonight. Stan Hansen, a force to be reckoned with, facing off against Nobuhiko Takada, who's been on a tear lately. This one has all the makings of a slobberknocker.
Absolutely, Jim. Stan Hansen's brute strength versus Nobuhiko Takada's lethal precision—it's a matchup that promises to be nothing short of intense. With their respective stables at ringside, the potential for chaos adds another layer of intrigue to this already volatile contest.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match began with Hansen unleashing his trademark power moves, attempting to overpower Takada with sheer force. However, Takada countered with his technical prowess, utilizing submission holds and strikes to keep Hansen off balance. As the match progressed, the ringside presence of Flamingo Corp and Player Enterprises became increasingly apparent, with both stables attempting to tip the scales in their favor. Some comedy was on display on the outside between Alexandra Yorke and Terry Taylor, as they rifted off of their previous alliance.

In the climax of the match, chaos erupted as both Flamingo Corp and Player Enterprises got involved, distracting Hansen and creating an opening for Takada. Teddy Long and Scotty Flamingo were at each others throats on the apron while Bigelow began brawling with Haku. Seizing the opportunity, Takada delivered a devastating Roundhouse Kick, knocking Hansen out cold and securing the victory.

The post-match scene saw Takada celebrating his hard-fought victory, basking in the adoration of Player Enterprises. Meanwhile, tensions simmered between Hansen and Flamingo, with their strained relationship reaching a boiling point. As Hansen was helped out of the ring by his allies, the ramifications of the match lingered.

Nobuhiko Takada (2-1-0) defeated Stan Hansen (0-2-1) in 18:57 by way of pin fall after Flamingo and Teddy Long got involved. This was their first ever encounter.

Replays are shown of the finishes from the night, followed by the updated leaderboards for WCW’s Grand Prix. Standing by for analysis as always is the team of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul E Dangerously.

m7hmEdg.jpg
There you have it folks! Round three opens with a bang as Takada and Simmons pick up big wins in Premier League action!
You got that right, Mista Race… What a wild night of action we had tonight. I for one am happy that Flamingo Corp’s continued attempts at bending the rules have only resulted in internal turmoil and wonder just how long big ol Sugar Stan will keep his patience…
yQXPnPd.jpg
Glad we can agree on that, Dusty! And how about looking at next weeks loaded card? We’re going to see Muta take on your son Dustin. And we're going to see Lex Luger take on Davey Boy Smith. And of course, in the main event it’s going to be a clash of epic proportions when defending champion ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude takes on Big Van Vader!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Before we leave this week though, we have to announce our MVP for the week. Dusty, care to do the honours?
Thank you, Harley… I may not agree with this mans antics… nor the gentlemen he surrounds himself with… but over on WCW World Wide, Bobby Eaton put on one hell of a show! The man grounded the veteran luchadors and forced them to wrestle his match, completely taking them out of their elements…. Mista Eaton is a bonafide ring general and our Wrestler of the Week!
yQXPnPd.jpg
That’s my boy! The Dangerous Alliance may be over, but I for one will alway be proud of my men’s successes.
HwXAX8e.jpg

WCW’s theme plays as the show fades out.

• Like 2

ROUND 3 : WEEK 2 CARD

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

True Grit vs Wild Stallions
Samoan Swat Team vs The Outsiders
Kevin Sullivan vs Eddie Gilbert
The Great Muta vs Dustin Rhodes
Lex Luger vs Davey Boy Smith (subbing for El Gigante)
Big Van Vader vs Rick Rude

SYNOPSIS

It's the week leading up to SuperBrawl 1994, and WCW will host some huge match-ups just one night before the first Pay Per View event of the year!

In Tag Team action, we revisit one of 1993's most heated rivalries as True Grit takes on The Wild Stallions. Last year's whirlwind rivalry started when Tony Anthony's wife, The Dirty White Girl, was found to be cheating on Tony with Joey Maggs' at-the-time partner, Marcus Bagwell. Tony wouldn't get his chance at Bagwell however, as Bagwell was removed from WCW programming due to a substance policy failure. Instead Maggs was the victim of Tony and Bull's attacks until Maggs introduced his new partner, former Canadian Grand Prix champion Chris Benoit! These four men will clash again in what is sure to result in fireworks. Meanwhile, just one night before The Outsiders get their opportunity for a rematch against Thunder Dragon, they will have to take on the ever dangerous Samoan Swat Team. Who will emerge victorious?

In Division Two action, it's the battle of two bad dudes with perfect records, as Kevin Sullivan takes on Eddie Gilbert. Sullivan has been one of the most consistent performers over the past couple of years for WCW and looks to continue his great start in Division Two, but he has to take on the newcomer, 'Hotstuff Horseman' Eddie Gilbert! Gilbert burst onto WCW programming as the final component of the Four Horsemen rebirth, and is surrounded by some of the most dangerous and treacherous men in wrestling. Who will prevail as the greater of two evils?

Meanwhile, Round 3 of the Premier League continues with Dustin Rhodes looking to pick up his first win of the season, but to do so he will have to overcome The Great Muta. Will Muta run roughshod one night before he seeks revenge on his former stable? Or will the youngest competitor in Premier League history also become the youngest wrestler to score a win in Premier League history? Meanwhile, Davey Boy Smith returns to WCW to continue subbing for the injured El Gigante! Just a few weeks after his loss to Sting, he will take on Sting's best friend, Lex Luger. Will The Bulldog exact a measure of revenge against the duo, or will Lex Luger make Davey Boy submit to his dangerous Torture Rack?

And finally, in the main event, it's Big Van Vader taking on the reigning champion, 'Ravishing' Rick Rude! Will Vader continue his unbeaten run against the Premier League favourites, or will Rude finally be able to overcome the monster he has never beaten before? Tune in next Saturday Night to find out!
        CURRENT STANDINGS         

1PWfan : 8/18 - 44%
Just here to look : 10/18 - 56%
Dawn : 7/12 - 58%
Old School Fan : 26/42 - 62%
DHK1989 : 26/42 - 62%
Nobby_McDonald : 4/6 - 67%
Lord Byron : 28/42 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 29/42 - 69%
Rekcut012 : 25/36 - 69%
 SonOfSharknado : 34/42 - 81% 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:47 PM, CactusHack said:

9fMJ3Fq.jpg

tBEcKDL.jpg

It’s the third week of February, 1994, and it WCW is hailing from the NRG Arena in Houston, Texas! WCW Saturday Night is brought to you by Pink Dream, the official soft drink of WCW. After an intro video of WCW’s Premier League, the camera’s take us inside WCW’s neon-lit blue and pink studios where we are standing by with the WCW Analysis Team, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race and Paul E Dangerously!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to WCW Saturday Night! We are coming to you from the heart of Houston tonight, where we are kicking off Round Three of the 1994 WCW Grand Prix! Tonight, we have to major Premier League matches on deck for you, as in the main event we will see Texas’ own Stan Hansen taking on The Submission Supreme Nobuhiko Takada.
You got that right, Mista Race… And that’s not all - it’s been confirmed that Powerhouse Simmons will compete tonight against Arn Anderson… Despite his internal injuries that he suffered in Round Two, he’s been cleared for action tonight… The question on everyone’s mind has got to be - will his injury be his downfall here tonight?
yQXPnPd.jpg
It’s the Premier League, gents. That’s the way it is… The most gruelling tournament in professional wrestling. You have to find a way to stay healthy for 15 rounds. Missing even one match could be the difference between going down in history as a champion and missing out. But folks, that’s not all we have on deck for you tonight! It’s going to be the most explosive edition of the Danger Zone yet, as I sit down with ‘The Immortal’ Hulk Hogan and ‘The Man’ Ric Flair!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
And in the tag team division - we are going to see two teams on a collision course compete in their respective third round matches ahead of their Superbrawl Street Fight. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen - Both The Terrors and The Journeymen have their opportunity to rebound from terrible starts to their seasons as they look to avoid going 0-3-0.
What a great night we have in store for you all… if you will… WCW is just eight days away from Superbrawl on Pay Per View… Folks, if you haven’t made plans already, Superbrawl is sure to be the best show for your money possible… With an amazing 6-man main event and a wild 30 man battle royal… You don’t want to miss it!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Well, let’s not waste any more time! It’s time to send everyone in TV-land to our broadcast team - Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone - to call our opening match of the evening!
HwXAX8e.jpg

The neon night lights strobe in the set as the cameras zoom out and the analyst group continue to chat after their microphones are cut. Saturday Night theme plays and we cut to live shots of the ring and the crowd. WCW Saturday Night starts now!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena erupted as the menacing strains of "Ride of the Valkyries" filled the air, signaling the arrival of The Horsemen, Steve Austin and Brian Pillman. Accompanied by their stablemate, Eddie Gilbert, The Horsemen exuded confidence and arrogance as they made their way to the ring. On the opposite side stood The Terrors, Dan Spivey and One Man Gang, looking determined to assert their dominance. With a big street fight scheduled for the next Pay Per View, The Terrors were eager to regain momentum after two consecutive losses in the season

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a barnburner on our hands tonight. The Horsemen, led by the ruthless Steve Austin and the unpredictable Brian Pillman, facing The Terrors, Dan Spivey and One Man Gang. Both teams are desperate for a win, and with The Terrors looking to gain momentum ahead of their big street fight, expect nothing short of chaos in this matchup.
When I look at The Terrors, I can’t help but think of what could have been… They were so close to a promotion back into the Premier League and they came up just short at the final hour. It’s hard not to sympathize with them, but their recent change of attitude is inexcusable.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match unfolded as a chaotic and brutal brawl, with both teams unleashing a barrage of punches, kicks, and underhanded tactics. The Horsemen utilized their cunning and teamwork to isolate their opponents, while The Terrors relied on their sheer power and intimidation factor to keep The Horsemen on their toes. The action spilled out of the ring, with chairs and other weapons coming into play as the intensity escalated.

Gang and Spivey beat down their smaller opponents and Eddie Gilbert jumps up on to the apron and yells at them. Referee Mike Atkins threatens to disqualify his team. Meanwhile, Austin shoves Gang from behind, who knocks Spivey out of the ring. Austin then hits a low blow and rolls up One Man Gang for the pin!

The post-match scene saw The Horsemen celebrating their hard-fought victory, reveling in their triumph as they made their way backstage. Meanwhile, The Terrors, visibly frustrated by their defeat, regrouped outside the ring, plotting their next move. With their big street fight looming on the horizon, The Terrors knew they had to bounce back quickly if they wanted to make an impact in the season.

The Horsemen (3-0-0) defeated The Terrors (0-3-0) in 14:53 by way of pin fall when Austin pinned One Man Gang. This was their first ever encounter.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The energy in the arena surged as Diamond Dallas Page made his way out to the ring accompanied by his valet, The Diamond Doll. He’s been off to great start so far on the season. His entrance is followed by Butch Reed’s, who seems to be looking older each month lately.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got an interesting matchup here tonight. Diamond Dallas Page, on the rise in WCW, facing the seasoned 'Hacksaw' Butch Reed, who's been struggling as of late. This match is not just about physicality; it's about the clash of momentum and experience. Can DDP continue his ascent, or will Reed find redemption?
Absolutely, Jim. Diamond Dallas Page has been making waves in WCW for quite some time know, and with The Diamond Doll by his side and a mentor in Hulk Hogan, he's a force to be reckoned with. But let's not count out Butch Reed. Despite his recent setbacks, he's still a formidable opponent.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match kicked off with DDP showcasing his agility and technical prowess, while Reed relied on his power and experience. Despite Reed's attempts to regain control, DDP's quickness and innovative offense kept him on the defensive. Reed was visibly frustrated as each attempt to hit a move was thwarted.

It seems like Reed finally catches DDP and lifts him over his shoulder for a powerslam, but DDP drops down and hits a Diamond Cutter immediately! That’s all she wrote, this one ends just as it was getting started.

Butch Reed is seated on the ringside floor as he looks on in despair, knowing he was defeated with relative ease. The commentary booth are boasting that this match secured a new WCW Division Two record for shortest match time at 6:46. Meanwhile, Diamond Dallas Page and his Diamond Doll pose on the ramp as they celebrate their win.

Diamond Dallas Page (2-1-0) defeated Butch Reed (0-3-0) in 6:46 by way of pin fall. DDP improves to 2-0-0 all time against Butch Reed.

We go backstage to a set designated for Gary Hart, who is standing by reporting on the results of WCW World Wide from earlier this week, while results from Friday Night’s B-show, WCW Main Event, scrolls on the bottom of the screen.

ZPkCtDG.jpg
In Division Two action, Haku (2-1-0) defeated Tully Blanchard (2-1-0) via pin fall after a distraction from Scotty Flamingo. It was ruled there was no clear interference and as a result there was no penalty. And in Tag Team action, The Classic Era (3-0-0) defeated the PS Lucha (2-1-0). After The Classic Era won, their manager - Susan Sexton - set an ‘Eaton Open’ for Superbrawl.

Main Event #102 : Akira Hokuto & Bison Kimura def. Penelope Paradise & Jacqueline | Sabu and Stan Lane def. Rod Price and Rayo De Jalisco Jr | Van Hammer def. Grom Zaza | Ultimo Dragon def. Doug Gilbert

After Gary is done recapping the last show, he’s joined at his set by The Steiner Brothers and The Miracle Violence Connection. They promote the continued strength of WCW’s Tag Team Division and that the two teams will collide next week on WCW World Wide as the main event for the show. The four men posture with intensity as Gary Hart promises that this will no doubt be a must-see match up.

GzJCDYE.jpg

HwXAX8e.jpg
Welcome, wrestling fanatics, to the Danger Zone, the hottest spot this side of the squared circle! I'm your host, the man with the master plan, Paul E Dangerously, and tonight, we've got a showdown of epic proportions brewing. To my right, the icon, the legend, Hulk Hogan! And to my left, the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun, Ric Flair! Now, let's talk about this upcoming match.
Well, let me tell you something, brother. Ric Flair can talk all he wants about being "The Man," but the truth is, he's only as good as his cronies in the Horsemen. Take away his backup, and he's just another guy. Me? I've faced the best of the best, one-on-one, and I've always come out on top. Ric, you can strut and woo all you want, but when it's just you and me in that ring, the only thing that matters is who's the better man.
gc27x0H.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Strong words, Hulkster. Ric, your response to Hogan's accusations?
Hogan, Hogan, Hogan. You may have had your moments in the sun, but let's face facts here. I am "The Man" in WCW, with or without the Horsemen. They may have my back, but I don't need them to prove I'm the best. And when I step into that ring with you, Hogan, I'll show the world why I'm the true icon of this business. And as for the Horsemen, they're just a bonus. I'm the main event, the headliner, the showstopper. And come match day, I'll prove it once again.
zmuowxv.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Well, there you have it, folks! The tension is palpable as two titans of the wrestling world collide, each vying for the title of the best in the world. Don't you dare miss this showdown, and remember to stay dangerous!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Arn Anderson makes his way out first. Out next is Powerhouse Simmons and his ribs are severely taped up. Anderson turns to referee Nick Patrick and seems to be questioning whether Simmons should be competing or not. Simmons yells he’s fine and so it seems the match is still on.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Simmons does not look like he should be competing here tonight, but we all know just how tough he is, and how determined he is to be a champion. If the doctors have medically cleared him, there is absolutely no stopping him from competing in this ring tonight.
You know, Jim, I get that he’s stubborn and that he has the fight of a champion. But one has to wonder whether him fighting through this minor injury here will affect his ability to compete at a high level as the season carries on. You know the adage, ‘live to fight another day’? Well, if Simmons isn’t careful, he may be cutting his season short here.
1JITbbY.jpg
Arn goes to work on Ron, kneeing him in the ribs right off the bat and Ron almost keels over on the spot. Arn controls most the match early on, but Simmons manages to rally with a few spurts of big offence. Each time though, he appears to be struggling with getting his wind back.

Arn locks in an abdominal stretch and grinds his knuckles into Simmons ribs as the commentators worry about Ron’s health. Simmons seemingly is fading, when out of nowhere he powers up from his knees, lifting Arn for a massive power bomb! Simmons has Arn stacked up and gets the three count!

Simmons clutches his ribs as referee Nick Patrick attempts to raise his arm in victory. The pain on Simmons’ face is intense, but he powers through it as Arn raises to his feet, holding the back of his neck. The two men shake hands and Arn leaves the ring, shaking his head as he thought he had the match won.

Ron Simmons (1-1-1) defeated Arn Anderson (1-2-0) in 16:23 by way of pin fall. The all time series between the two is now tied, one win each.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Once again, The Fantastics come out with Fulton acting over the top about safeguarding Tommy’s recovered shoulder, while Tommy does some schtick about it being fine, only to wince when he high fives some fans. The fans seem to like Tommy’s schtick, but Bobby’s isn’t quite landing yet. Out next come the Journeymen, who are looking a bit tougher as of late. Al is looking less and less like a rookie these days.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, I am still not convinced that Tommy Rogers has fully recovered from his injury. That said, Bobby Fulton has got to start showing some faith in his partner if they want to start picking up some wins. He’s been too distracted looking out for Tommy that it’s costing them matches!
You know, Jim, The Fantastics aren’t the only ones dealing with distractions. We’ve already touched on it earlier tonight, but The Journeymen are on a collision course for what promises to be a violent affair against The Terrors at Superbrawl and you know that has to be weighing on their minds. No matter how you cut it though, both teams need to focus on picking up their first win of the season tonight.
1JITbbY.jpg
Lots of schtick involved in the early going as The Fantastics are really leaning hard into Tommy Rogers’ injured shoulder. At one point, Tommy goes for a hip toss but Bobby yelps and tags himself in despite being tired from having just tagged out, and goes to do the hip toss himself, only for Al Snow to toss him instead. Back and forth action here, with the goofiness of The Fantastics being the main story.

In the end, Fulton saves Rogers from a shoulder breaker, only to turn around and eat a super-kick from Chris Adams. Adams scores the pin!

After the match, Bobby is knocked loopy, but he’s trying to check on Tommy to ensure he’s okay. Of course, in his loopy state, he checks on Snow instead. The two teams show mutual respect and shake hands.

The Journeymen (1-2-0) defeated The Fantastics (0-3-0) in 15:50 by way of pin fall when Chris Adams pinned Bobby Fulton. This was their first ever encounter. During 1992, Fulton teamed with DDP after Rogers had suffered an injury and was unable to compete. The team of DDP and Fulton defeated The Journeymen then.

JGgmXE7.jpg

The title graphic shows for WCW’s Inside the Squared Circle segment, and the show pivots to a studio segment featuring the legendary Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura, and Magnum TA. At the bottom of the screen, a news ticker hypes next weeks WCW subsidiary shows.

3wSc89I.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 'Inside the Squared Circle'! Tonight, we're diving into a heated debate sparked by Ron Simmons' decision to compete despite nursing a rib injury. Now, some may see this as a display of courage and determination, but others argue it was a reckless move that could have serious consequences.
Reckless move? That's putting it lightly, Magnum. Ron Simmons should have had the sense to sit this one out. Wrestling with a rib injury is like trying to drive a car with a flat tire - you're just asking for trouble. Sure, he won the match, but at what cost? His ribs could be in worse shape now than before.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Jesse, I understand your concern, but Ron Simmons is a seasoned veteran. He knows his body better than anyone else. Sometimes, in the world of professional wrestling, you have to push through the pain to achieve victory. Simmons' decision to compete tonight was a testament to his resilience and commitment to the sport.
Resilience? Commitment? Give me a break, Magnum. We're not talking about a stubbed toe here; we're talking about broken ribs! Simmons may have won the match, but he could have easily aggravated the injury, prolonging his recovery time and jeopardizing his career in the process.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Jesse, I hear your concerns, but Ron Simmons made a calculated decision based on his experience and knowledge of his own body. He weighed the risks and decided that competing was worth it. And knowing Simmons, he'll take the necessary steps to ensure he heals properly and continues to compete at the highest level.

SSW Round 3, Card 1 featuring El Hijo del Santo vs Frankie Lancaster| PPW Round 3, Card 1 featuring Jeff Jarrett vs Great Kokina | WFWA Round 4 Card 2, featuring Leo Burke vs Buddy Hart | PWFG Round 3, Card 2 featuring Akira Maeda vs Garby Albright

We cut away to Sting, Muta and Luger standing together with Gary Hart. They cut a promo for their 6-Man Tag Main Event at SuperBrawl against Player Enterprises. Luger is looking absolutely jacked, he’s packed on the muscle recently. The star power here is insane. Sting and Luger make it clear that they are happy to help out Muta in this battle, but that is the extent of this relationship.

Next week’s Saturday Night main event will be Big Van Vader taking on Rick Rude. Duelling promos aired from the two competitors.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Rude, listen up cuz I’m going to keep this short. Unlike you, I do my talking in the ring. I’ve gone the first two rounds against everyone’s favourites and here I am still without a loss to my name. You’re a previous champ, I get that. In my eyes - you are a chump. 1994 will be know as the year of Vader because it’s time… It’s time… It’s Vader Time!
Vader, you overgrown chimpanzee. When people look at you, they see a slob, a walking bag of garbage. Look at me! Draped in gold and chiseled out of granite! There’s a reason I’m the champion. I am the face of this company and a dirty, disgusting giant like you has no right thinking they can represent anything! So next week, I avenge my loss against you from last year and the entire world gets to watch their hero topple another monster en route to defending his throne!
1JITbbY.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena buzzed with anticipation as 'The Standard-Bearer' Mitsuharu Misawa made his grand entrance, exuding an aura of confidence and mastery. Misawa commanded respect as he stepped into the ring. Across from him stood 'Z-Man' Tom Zenk, a once promising competitor now teetering on the edge of instability. Zenk, displaying further fanaticism, entered the arena clutching a religious sign that read ‘Save Us Lord From Ourselves’.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a fascinating showdown tonight. Mitsuharu Misawa, the embodiment of excellence in the ring, facing off against 'Z-Man' Tom Zenk, who's been on a downward spiral since the betrayal of his closest friend. This match is about more than just victory; it's about redemption and proving one's worth in the face of adversity.
Absolutely, Jim. Misawa's reputation precedes him as one of the most dangerous competitors in the business. But let's not count out 'Z-Man' Zenk. Despite his recent struggles, his newfound zealotry adds an unpredictable element to this matchup. It's a clash of ideologies as much as it is a physical contest.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match began with Misawa demonstrating his technical prowess and ring mastery, keeping Zenk on the defensive with a relentless onslaught of strikes and submissions. Despite Zenk's erratic behavior and fanatical demeanor, he showed glimpses of resilience, fighting back with unorthodox offense and desperate maneuvers. However, Misawa remained in control for the majority of the match, showcasing why he is considered one of the best in the world.

In the climax of the match, Misawa delivered his signature move, the Emerald Flowsion, with precision and authority, flooring Zenk and securing the victory in decisive fashion. Despite Zenk's valiant effort, he was no match for the skill and experience of Misawa.

The post-match scene saw Misawa standing tall in the center of the ring, his victory solidifying his position as a dominant force in the wrestling world. Meanwhile, Zenk, visibly defeated and dejected, retreated from the ring, his downward spiral continuing.

Mitsuharu Misawa (2-1-0) defeated Tom Zenk (0-3-0) in 14:33 by way of pin fall. This was their first ever encounter.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The tension in the arena was palpable as 'Sugar' Stan Hansen, accompanied by his entourage from Flamingo Corp, made his way to the ring. Hansen, known for his rough and unpredictable style, exuded a menacing aura, fueled by his recent tensions with his boss - Scotty Flamingo. On the other side, 'Submission Supreme' Nobuhiko Takada entered with his stable, Player Enterprises, by his side. Takada appeared more focused and dangerous than ever, ready to assert his dominance. With both men backed by their respective stables, the stage was set for a clash of ruthless heels.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a combustible situation here tonight. Stan Hansen, a force to be reckoned with, facing off against Nobuhiko Takada, who's been on a tear lately. This one has all the makings of a slobberknocker.
Absolutely, Jim. Stan Hansen's brute strength versus Nobuhiko Takada's lethal precision—it's a matchup that promises to be nothing short of intense. With their respective stables at ringside, the potential for chaos adds another layer of intrigue to this already volatile contest.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match began with Hansen unleashing his trademark power moves, attempting to overpower Takada with sheer force. However, Takada countered with his technical prowess, utilizing submission holds and strikes to keep Hansen off balance. As the match progressed, the ringside presence of Flamingo Corp and Player Enterprises became increasingly apparent, with both stables attempting to tip the scales in their favor. Some comedy was on display on the outside between Alexandra Yorke and Terry Taylor, as they rifted off of their previous alliance.

In the climax of the match, chaos erupted as both Flamingo Corp and Player Enterprises got involved, distracting Hansen and creating an opening for Takada. Teddy Long and Scotty Flamingo were at each others throats on the apron while Bigelow began brawling with Haku. Seizing the opportunity, Takada delivered a devastating Roundhouse Kick, knocking Hansen out cold and securing the victory.

The post-match scene saw Takada celebrating his hard-fought victory, basking in the adoration of Player Enterprises. Meanwhile, tensions simmered between Hansen and Flamingo, with their strained relationship reaching a boiling point. As Hansen was helped out of the ring by his allies, the ramifications of the match lingered.

Nobuhiko Takada (2-1-0) defeated Stan Hansen (0-2-1) in 18:57 by way of pin fall after Flamingo and Teddy Long got involved. This was their first ever encounter.

Replays are shown of the finishes from the night, followed by the updated leaderboards for WCW’s Grand Prix. Standing by for analysis as always is the team of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul E Dangerously.

m7hmEdg.jpg
There you have it folks! Round three opens with a bang as Takada and Simmons pick up big wins in Premier League action!
You got that right, Mista Race… What a wild night of action we had tonight. I for one am happy that Flamingo Corp’s continued attempts at bending the rules have only resulted in internal turmoil and wonder just how long big ol Sugar Stan will keep his patience…
yQXPnPd.jpg
Glad we can agree on that, Dusty! And how about looking at next weeks loaded card? We’re going to see Muta take on your son Dustin. And we're going to see Lex Luger take on Davey Boy Smith. And of course, in the main event it’s going to be a clash of epic proportions when defending champion ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude takes on Big Van Vader!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Before we leave this week though, we have to announce our MVP for the week. Dusty, care to do the honours?
Thank you, Harley… I may not agree with this mans antics… nor the gentlemen he surrounds himself with… but over on WCW World Wide, Bobby Eaton put on one hell of a show! The man grounded the veteran luchadors and forced them to wrestle his match, completely taking them out of their elements…. Mista Eaton is a bonafide ring general and our Wrestler of the Week!
yQXPnPd.jpg
That’s my boy! The Dangerous Alliance may be over, but I for one will alway be proud of my men’s successes.
HwXAX8e.jpg

Holy shit, everything about this is incredible.

Wild Stallions
The Outsiders
Kevin Sullivan
The Great Muta
Lex Luger
Big Van Vader

opGeXZk.jpg

February 1994 : Week 4

b9fI6vP.jpg

Scott Armstrong has signed an exclusive contract with AJPW, valued at $542K over two years. His employment with PWFG will end imminently and PWFG will need to find a replacement in the Japanese Grand Prix.

CMLL has opted not to renew the contract of Mocho Cota.

PWA have added Mike Antony to their roster.

CWA Europe have officially closed their doors and are no longer in business.

NJPW has signed Gerard Gordeau to an exclusive 2 year contract valued at $290K. PWFG will need to find a replacement in the Japanese Grand Prix.

Koji Kitao competed in and won an MMA bout, improving his career record to 1-1-0

32 year old Nobuaki Kakuta is taking a second MMA fight after his first victory.

PWI Illustrated released the results of a reader poll in their most recent magazine, which ranked Jushin Thunder Liger as the best overall worker in the world today.

Aja Kong and Koji Nakagawa have begun dating.

00IofDH.jpg

Rob Kaman defeated Mr. Pogo to win the W*ING World Heavyweight Championship for the first time.

The Super Destroyers defeated Jannetty & Stetson to win the ECW World Tag Team Championships for the first time.

Eric Embry and Rick Valentine defeated Eddie Gilbert and Huracan Castillo Jr to win the WWC World Tag Team Championships for the third time.

XqPNRiI.jpg

Power Plant Singles and Tag Team Grand Prix Round 3/15; Card One

The Moondogs (2-0-1) def. Public Enemy (0-3-0)
Marquis Bagwell (3-0-0) def. Cobra (1-1-1)
Sons of the Mountain (2-1-0) def. Speed Eleven (1-2-0)
Manny Fernandez (1-2-0) def. Mr. Hughes (0-2-1)
Nubian Nightmares (2-0-1) def. Western Boys (1-2-0)
La Parka (1-2-0) def. Sam Houston (0-1-0)
Barr and Davis (3-0-0) def. International Sex Pistols (0-3-0)
Jeff Jarrett (2-0-1) and Great Kokina (2-0-1) went to a double count-out draw.

Worthwhile Notes:

Sam Houston made his return to PPW, replacing Al Perez in the Grand Prix in a losing effort.
After their round two draw against their friends, Harlem Heat was ringside watching Action Jackson and Tony Norris.
MVP : Ultimo Dragon

tLPXx8m.jpg

W4WA Canadian Grand Prix Round 4/23; Card One

Chris Jericho (4-0-0) def. Chip Thompson (0-4-0)
Sledgehammer Anderson (2-2-0) def. Don Callis (2-2-0)
Ed Moretti (3-1-0) def. Kid Kash (1-3-0)
Rob Van Dam (2-2-0) def. B Brian Blair (0-4-0)
Leo Burke (2-1-1) def. Buddy Hart (1-3-0)
William Regal (4-0-0) def. Rey Misterio Jr (1-3-0)

Worthwhile Notes:

MVP : Rey Misterio Jr.

dpoCIZF.jpg

SSW Division 4 Grand Prix Round 4/23; Card One

Rip Rogers (4-0-0) def. Jack Victory (1-3-0)
Paul Levesque (3-1-0) def. Ricky Vaughn (0-2-0)
David Sammartino (4-0-0) def. Moondog Storm (1-3-0)
Jerry Lynn (1-1-2) and Brian Lee (3-0-1) went to a time limit draw
Bruiser X Mastino (2-2-0) def. John Rambo (0-4-0)
El Hijo Del Santo (4-0-0) def. Frankie Lancaster (1-3-0)

Worthwhile Notes:

MVP : El Hijo Del Santo

AYqrmkw.jpg

PWFG Japanese Grand Prix Round 3/23; Card Two

Volk Han (2-0-1) def. Tatsutoshi Goto (1-2-0)
Hans Nijman (1-2-0) def. Minoru Tanaka (0-3-0)
Masahito Kakihara (2-1-0) def. Scott Armstrong (1-1-1)
Abdullah the Butcher (1-2-0) def. Yoshiaki Yatsu (1-2-0)
Norman Smiley (2-0-1) and 2 Cold Scorpio (1-1-1) went to a time limit draw.
Gary Albright (2-0-1) def. Akira Maeda (2-1-0)

Notes:

MVP : Akira Maeda

• Like 3

9fMJ3Fq.jpg

tBEcKDL.jpg

It’s the fourth week of February, 1994, and it WCW is hailing from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! WCW Saturday Night is brought to you by Pink Dream, the official soft drink of WCW. After an intro video of WCW’s Premier League, the camera’s take us inside WCW’s neon-lit blue and pink studios where we are standing by with the WCW Analysis Team, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race and Paul E Dangerously!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to tonight's electrifying showdown in the squared circle! We've got a stellar lineup for you tonight in the Premier League, featuring some of the biggest names in the business. Our first match of the evening sees the natural Dustin Rhodes taking on the enigmatic Great Muta in what promises to be an explosive encounter. Then, we have the powerhouse Lex Luger going head-to-head against the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, a clash of titans if there ever was one. And finally, in our main event, we have the Ravishing Rick Rude squaring off against the monstrous Big Van Vader. It's shaping up to be an unforgettable night of action!
Now, let me tell ya somethin', folks! Tonight's matches are gonna be off the charts, no doubt about it. My boy Dustin Rhodes, he's got that fire in his belly, and I reckon he's gonna give Great Muta a run for his money. And Lex Luger, well, he's been lookin' mighty impressive lately. But ya know, I got a soft spot for the British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith. He's got that grit and determination that just can't be beat. As for the main event, Rick Rude might be a tough customer, but when you're standin' across the ring from Big Van Vader, you better believe it's gonna be a war!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Oh, come on, Dusty! Are you seriously backin' those goody two-shoes like Dustin Rhodes and Lex Luger? Give me a break! Great Muta's gonna mop the floor with your kid, mark my words. And Luger? Please! The man's got no chance against the Davey Boy Smith. As for the main event, Rick Rude and Big Van Vader are two of the baddest dudes in the business, and tonight, they're gonna tear each other apart. But mark my words, Rude's gonna walk out of that ring victorious.
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Gentlemen, let's not forget to consider all perspectives here. Each competitor brings something unique to the table, and it's anyone's game until the final bell rings.
But folks, let me tell ya, if there's one match you don't wanna miss tonight, it's that main event between Rick Rude and Big Van Vader! These two behemoths are gonna tear the house down, and I guarantee ya, it's gonna be a spectacle for the ages!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Dusty's right about one thing, folks. Tonight's main event is gonna be a slobberknocker of epic proportions. You better believe that Rick Rude and Big Van Vader are gonna leave it all in the ring, and I, for one, can't wait to see who comes out on top. With matches like these, tonight's Premier League event is sure to be a must-see. Now, let's send it over to our esteemed commentary team of Tony Schiavone and Jim Ross, who will guide us through all the action. Take it away, gentlemen!
HwXAX8e.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena crackled with anticipation as Kevin Sullivan, accompanied by his new valet Missy Hyatt, made his ominous entrance to the ring. Across from him stood 'The Hotstuff Horseman' Eddie Gilbert, flanked by his allies from the Four Horsemen stable, Brian Pillman and Steve Austin. Adding to the tension was the presence of Sullivan's ex-wife, Woman, at ringside with Eddie Gilbert. Both Sullivan and Gilbert were undefeated on the current season, setting the stage for a high-stakes showdown between two formidable competitors.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a heated rivalry coming to a head tonight. Kevin Sullivan, known for his sinister tactics, facing off against 'The Hotstuff Horseman' Eddie Gilbert, with both men undefeated so far this season. With the added drama of Woman's presence at ringside, expect this match to be nothing short of intense. It is worth noting that the Horsemen’s leader, Ric Flair, is not present for Eddie’s match tonight.
It's a battle of undefeated streaks, with bragging rights and momentum on the line. Who will step up and hold on to their perfect season?
1JITbbY.jpg
The match kicked off with both Sullivan and Gilbert showcasing their technical prowess and aggression, each attempting to gain the upper hand early on. Despite the interference attempts from their respective allies at ringside, Sullivan and Gilbert remained focused on the task at hand. The intensity continued to escalate as the match progressed, with neither competitor willing to back down.

In the climax of the match, Sullivan managed to counter Gilbert's offense and deliver his devastating Devil Stomp finisher with precision, flooring Gilbert and securing the victory. Despite Gilbert's valiant effort, he was unable to overcome the calculated brutality of Sullivan's attack.

The post-match scene saw Sullivan standing tall in the center of the ring, his victory solidifying his dominance and extending his undefeated streak. Eddie retreated up the ramp in pain, unhappy to suffer his first loss on WCW TV, as Austin and Pillman tried to cool him down. At the top of the ramp, Woman stopped before exiting and turned back to stare down her ex-husband.

Kevin Sullivan (3-0-0) defeated Eddie Gilbert (2-1-0) in 15:06 by way of pin fall. This was the first match between the two.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Shining Wizard' The Great Muta makes his eerie entrance, surrounded by a cloud of mystique and intrigue. Across the ring stands 'Lonestar' Dustin Rhodes, the youngest wrestler in Premier League history, yet to secure a win this season. Rhodes exudes determination, eager to prove himself against the formidable Muta.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a compelling showdown here tonight. The Great Muta, a master of the ring, facing off against 'Lonestar' Dustin Rhodes, the young upstart looking to make a name for himself. With both men still searching for their first win in the Premier League, expect nothing short of a fierce battle.
Absolutely, Jim. The Great Muta's enigmatic presence is matched only by his in-ring prowess, while Dustin Rhodes represents the future of professional wrestling. This match is a testament to the competitive spirit of the Premier League, where every victory is hard-fought and well-earned.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match begins with Muta asserting his dominance, utilizing his unique blend of agility and striking prowess to control the pace. Rhodes fights valiantly, but Muta's experience and cunning give him the upper hand. Throughout the match, Muta showcases his signature moves, keeping Rhodes on the defensive and outclassing him at every turn.

Muta delivers his devastating Shining Wizard finish, connecting with precision and sealing the victory. Despite Rhodes's resilience, he is unable to withstand Muta's relentless assault, succumbing to the masterful techniques of his opponent.

Rhodes regroups outside the ring, determined to learn from the experience and come back stronger in future matches. As Muta celebrates his hard-earned win, JR and Schiavone hype up tomorrow night’s Superbrawl main event, featuring Muta, Sting and Luger against Muta’s former allies, Player Enterprises.

The Great Muta (1-1-1) defeated Dustin Rhodes (0-3-0) in 11:07 by way of pin fall. This was the first match between the two.

ZPkCtDG.jpg
In Division Two action, Kevin Von Erich (3-0-0) defeated Terry Taylor (1-2-0) via pin fall after Sting appeared at ringside to taunt Player Enterprises. And in Tag Team action, The Steiner Brothers (2-0-1) and The Miracle Violence Connection (2-0-1) went to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Main Event 104 : Owen Hart defeated Brad Rheingans | William Regal defeated Danny Boy Collins | Debbie Malenko, Akira Hokuto and Manami Toyota defeated Madusa, Bull Nakano, and Lioness Asuka

Dan Severn and Nikita Koloff joined Gary Hart on his set and the two stared each other down ahead of their World Wide match up next week. They pose facing each other with their fists, as Gary Hart promises that next week’s World Wide will be a hard hitting battle.

GzJCDYE.jpg

HwXAX8e.jpg
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the Danger Zone, where the stakes are high and the drama is even higher! I'm your host, the one and only Paul E Dangerously, and tonight, we’re talking with two men who go head to head next week in WCW’s Premier League. In one corner, the unruly Mr. Bang Bang himself, Cactus Jack, and in the other, the ace of WCW, the man they call Sting! Now, let's talk about this upcoming match. Cactus, you've been on a quest to prove that you belong at the top of WCW. How do you plan to show the world that you're more than just a hardcore brawler?
Well, Paul, let me tell you something. I may not have the clean-cut image of some of the other guys in WCW, but what I lack in polish, I make up for in heart and sheer determination. I've been through hell and back in this business, and I've got the scars to prove it. Sting, you may be the poster boy for WCW, but when we step into that ring, I plan on tearing that poster up and creating a new WCW in my image. I thrive in chaos. I'll push myself to the limit and beyond if I have to. And when the dust settles, the whole world will see that Cactus Jack belongs at the top of WCW.
RTxlFij.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Cactus, your intensity is unmatched, but Sting, you've faced your fair share of challenges in WCW. How do you respond to Cactus Jack's quest to prove himself?
Cactus, I've got nothing but respect for your tenacity and your willingness to put your body on the line. You've carved out a niche fanbase in this business that's undeniable. But let's not forget, I've been in the trenches too. I've fought tooth and nail to earn my spot at the top of WCW. So, Cactus, if you want to prove yourself, you'll have to go through me.
JLEmYg2.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
There you have it, folks! Next week on WCW Saturday Night, we will see who is the better man. Don't you dare miss this epic showdown, and remember to stay dangerous!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena is electric as The Outsiders, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, make their swaggering entrance, oozing confidence and arrogance. On the opposite side, The Samoan Swat Team, Samu and Fatu, storm into the ring with primal intensity, embodying the wild and uncontrollable nature of their Samoan heritage. Both teams are heels, but The Outsiders exude a calculated cockiness while The Samoan Swat Team are known for their brute force and unpredictability.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a clash of titans here tonight. The Outsiders, looking to build momentum ahead of their rematch against Thunder Dragon, facing off against the formidable Samoan Swat Team. It's a battle of styles and egos, with both teams vying for supremacy in the Tag Team Division.
Absolutely, Jim. The Outsiders are as cocky as they come, but they back it up with their undeniable talent in the ring. On the other hand, The Samoan Swat Team is a force of nature, unpredictable and ferocious. This matchup is a testament to the diverse talent pool in the Tag Team Division.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match kicks off with both teams trading heavy blows, each trying to gain the upper hand early on. The Outsiders use their size and experience to control the pace, while The Samoan Swat Team unleash their raw power and aggression. The action spills out of the ring as the teams engage in a chaotic brawl, leaving the audience on the edge of their seats. Thunder Dragon (Jushin Liger and Ricky Steamboat) make an appearance, watching from the ramp.

Amidst the chaos, Nash manages to catch Fatu off guard with a devastating Jackknife Powerbomb, pinning him for the victory.

The post-match scene sees The Outsiders celebrating their hard-fought victory, smack talking Thunder Dragon as they make their way up the ramp. Meanwhile, The Samoan Swat Team regroups outside the ring, their wild fury still simmering beneath the surface.

The Outsiders (2-0-1) defeated The Samoan Swat Team (1-2-0) in 14:34 by way of pin fall when Nash pinned Fatu. The Outsiders improve to 3-0-0 all time against the Samoan Swat Team.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The atmosphere is charged with anticipation as 'The Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, a substitute for the injured El Gigante, makes his entrance into the arena. On the other side stands 'The Total Package' Lex Luger, exuding confidence and power as he prepares to face his opponent. Davey Boy, representing the twist in this matchup, is backed by the Flamingo Corp stable, who have paid for his substitution. Lex Luger, undefeated thus far in the season, appears poised to continue his winning streak.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Here we have an intriguing turn of events, folks. Davey Boy Smith, stepping into the ring as a substitute for the injured El Gigante, facing off against the dominant force that is Lex Luger. In Davey Boy’s lone previous match so far, he’s faced off against Luger’s bud, Sting. It’s a testament to the unpredictability of professional wrestling, and I'm eager to see how Davey Boy fares against the Total Package.
Absolutely, Jim. Davey Boy Smith finds himself thrust into the spotlight tonight, thanks to the maneuvering of the Flamingo Corp stable. Lex Luger, on the other hand, remains a force to be reckoned with, undefeated and determined to maintain his winning streak. This matchup is a classic clash of powerhouses.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match unfolds with Lex Luger asserting his dominance from the outset, using his strength and athleticism to control the pace. Despite Davey Boy's valiant effort, Luger maintains the upper hand for the majority of the match, showcasing his superiority in the ring. Commentary speculates on the implications of Davey Boy's performance, considering whether this will be his last appearance in the season.

Luger locks in his signature Torture Rack submission hold, applying relentless pressure on Davey Boy. Despite a valiant struggle, Davey Boy is ultimately forced to submit, giving Luger the victory and extending his undefeated streak. The outcome leaves no doubt about Luger's dominance in the ring.

The post-match scene sees Lex Luger standing tall in the center of the ring, his victory solidifying his status as a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League. Meanwhile, Davey Boy is helped out of the ring by ringside personnel, his future in the season uncertain.

Lex Luger (3-0-0) defeated Davey Boy Smith (0-2-0) in 16:24 by way of submission. This was the first match between the two.

JGgmXE7.jpg

3wSc89I.jpg
Folks, let's talk about the recent controversy surrounding WCW's decision to bring in Davey Boy Smith as a replacement wrestler for the injured El Gigante. Some argue that it was a smart move by WCW management to ensure the continuity of their matches, while others criticize it, pointing out that Davey Boy Smith went on to lose both of his matches. It's a tough call, but in the fast-paced world of professional wrestling, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions on the fly to keep the show running smoothly
Difficult decisions? More like bone-headed moves, Magnum. WCW should have known better than to bring in a wrestler who was clearly not up to par. Davey Boy Smith's losses only tarnished WCW's reputation and left fans questioning the company's judgment. It's a classic case of putting ratings over talent, and it backfired spectacularly.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Jesse, while Davey Boy Smith may have lost his matches, let's not forget that wrestling is unpredictable. Upsets happen all the time, and Smith's losses shouldn't overshadow his potential or the circumstances under which he was brought in. WCW had to act quickly to fill the gap left by El Gigante's absence, and Smith was the best option available at the time.
Potential? Magnum, potential doesn't win matches. Davey Boy Smith's losses speak volumes about his capabilities. WCW should have taken the time to find a more suitable replacement instead of settling for someone who clearly couldn't deliver. It was a lazy and short-sighted decision, and WCW paid the price for it in the end.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
You make some valid points, Jesse. It's undeniable that WCW's decision had consequences, but hindsight is always 20/20. In the heat of the moment, they had to make a tough call, and unfortunately, it didn't pan out as they had hoped. Now, let's switch gears and see what Gary Hart has to say backstage.

SSW Round 4, Card 2 : Featuring Robbie Brookside vs Blue Demon Jr | PPW Round 3, Card 2 : Featuring Rick Titan vs Paul Orndorff | PWFG Round 4, Card 1 : Featuring Minoru Suzuki vs Gary Albright | WFWA Round 5, Card 1 : Featuring Sledgehammer Anderson vs Buddy Landel

Gary Hart is standing by with Nobuhiko Takada, Bam Bam Bigelow, Terry Taylor and Teddy Long - Player Enterprises. The group talks smack about The Great Muta, hyping up their 6-man tag team match tomorrow night on Superbrawl. They tease whether Sting and Luger can really trust Muta, asking if they truly know the man behind the paint? All of the sudden, Davey Boy Smith comes flying onto the parking lot set, apparently tossed by Stan Hansen. Player Enterprises leave the set and Hansen sends Smith head first into a metal bay door. Flamingo tries to calm him down, but Hansen turns and yells at Flamingo, saying he’s sick of Flamingo Corp costing him his matches and if Scotty doesn’t fix things immediately, he’s going to take down the entire corporation. Flamingo pleads with Hansen until he leaves. Flamingo then turns to a downed Davey Boy Smith and gives him a Pink Dream soda, before letting him know his services are no longer required.

Two legendary figures, icons of the squared circle, will step into the ring once again to settle their age-old rivalry. The Nature Boy, Ric Flair, the wily veteran known for his cunning and mastery of mind games, will go head-to-head against the Immortal Hulk Hogan, the embodiment of resilience and the spirit of a true champion. With history between them as storied as it is contentious, the anticipation for this epic showdown reaches a fever pitch.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
The camera fades in to reveal Ric Flair, adorned in his signature lavish robes, standing in front of a backdrop emblazoned with his illustrious legacy. With a smirk on his face, he begins to speak, his voice dripping with confidence and arrogance. "Well, well, well, look who it is. The so-called 'Immortal' Hulk Hogan, back for another round with the Nature Boy. But let's get one thing straight, Hogan, your time in the spotlight has long since faded. You're just a relic clinging to past glory, while I, Ric Flair, remain the epitome of excellence in this business. Next week, I'll teach you a lesson in humility, and you'll learn that in the end, it's the Nature Boy who always comes out on top."
Cut to Hulk Hogan, his unmistakable bandana tied tightly around his head, his eyes burning with determination. He flexes his muscles, a symbol of his unwavering strength and resolve, before addressing the camera. "Well let me tell you somethin', brother! Ric Flair, you may think you're the king of the ring, but you're lookin' at the real deal, the man who's gonna show you what it means to be a true champion. You've been playin' your dirty tricks for too long, hanging out with those bums Pillman and Austin, but next week, it's just you and me, one-on-one, nothin' but pure competition. And when the smoke clears and the dust settles, there's gonna be only one man left standin', and that's gonna be Hulk Hogan, the Immortal one, forever and always!"
1JITbbY.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The tension is palpable as True Grit, Tony Anthony and Bull Gantner, make their entrance, exuding rugged toughness and determination. Across the ring, The Wild Stallions, Joey Maggs and Chris Benoit, enter with an air of intensity, fueled by their desire for retribution against True Grit. Last year's tumultuous rivalry between these teams stemmed from personal betrayals and scandals involving Anthony's wife, The Dirty White Girl, and Maggs' former partner, Marcus Bagwell, leading to a series of brutal attacks and escalating animosity.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Folks, we've got a heated grudge match here tonight. True Grit and The Wild Stallions have been at each other's throats ever since personal betrayals tore their lives apart. It's a collision of vendettas and unresolved conflicts, and I expect nothing short of chaos in the ring.
Absolutely, Jim. This matchup is personal for both teams, with emotions running high and scores waiting to be settled. True Grit has been relentless in their pursuit of vengeance, while The Wild Stallions are fighting to reclaim their honor. It's a clash of wills and a battle for redemption.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match begins with both teams unleashing a flurry of strikes and high-impact moves, each determined to gain the upper hand. True Grit targets Maggs, seeking to punish him for his role in the betrayal involving The Dirty White Girl, while The Wild Stallions fight back with resilience and tenacity. As the match progresses, tensions escalate, and the animosity between the teams reaches a boiling point.

Chaos ensues as the action spills out of control, with all four competitors brawling inside and outside the ring. Referee Mike Atkins struggles to maintain order, but the chaos proves too much to handle, leading to a double disqualification. With the match spiraling out of control, Atkins makes the decision to throw out the match, unable to restore order amidst the mayhem.

The post-match scene erupts into a chaotic brawl as both teams refuse to be separated, trading blows and fighting tooth and nail in a desperate bid for supremacy. Security personnel rush to the ring to intervene, but the hold-apart brawl continues unabated, with neither team willing to back down. As the arena descends into chaos, the bitter rivalry between True Grit and The Wild Stallions shows no signs of abating, promising more fireworks in the future.

True Grit (1-1-1) and The Wild Stallions (1-2-0) went to a draw in 13:54 when both teams were disqualified. The Wild Stallions hold the advantage in the all-time match-ups as they are 1-0-1 against True Grit.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The anticipation reaches a fever pitch as the arena erupts with excitement for the main event showdown between 'Ravishing' Rick Rude and Big Van Vader. Rude, the previous season's champion, exudes confidence as he makes his grand entrance to ‘Everybody wants to Rule the World’, while Vader, boasting the longest undefeated streak in Premier League history, radiates raw power and dominance. 

Both competitors are determined to emerge victorious, adding an extra layer of intensity to the matchup.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Here we have a clash of titans, folks. 'Ravishing' Rick Rude, a seasoned veteran and former champion, facing off against the unstoppable force that is Big Van Vader. It's a matchup that promises to be nothing short of epic, with both men vying for supremacy in the Premier League.
Absolutely, Jim. Rick Rude has a score to settle with Big Van Vader, having never beaten him before. Meanwhile, Vader's dominance in the ring has been unmatched, making him the man to beat this season. This match is a high-stakes showdown with championship implications.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match kicks off with both competitors unleashing a barrage of hard-hitting strikes and power moves, each trying to gain the upper hand. Rude employs his technical prowess and agility, while Vader relies on his brute strength and imposing presence. The back-and-forth action keeps the audience on the edge of their seats, with neither man willing to back down.

Rude executes a jaw-dropping superplex from the top rope, sending both himself and Vader crashing to the outside floor. The impact is devastating, leaving both men writhing in pain as referee Randy Anderson begins his ten count. The crowd is electric with bloodlust. Despite their best efforts, neither Rude nor Vader can recover before Anderson reaches the count of ten, resulting in a double count-out draw.

The post-match scene descends into chaos as paramedics rush to the ring to attend to the fallen competitors. However, Rude and Vader refuse medical assistance, their competitive spirits still ablaze. Tempers flare as they exchange heated words, refusing to back down from each other even in the face of injury. As tensions reach a boiling point, officials intervene to separate the two rivals, setting the stage for future clashes between 'Ravishing' Rick Rude and Big Van Vader.

Rick Rude (2-0-1) and Big Van Vader (1-0-2) went to a draw in 14:45 by double count-out. Big Van Vader holds the advantage all-time, 1-0-2 against Rude.

e5Lh7KZ.jpg

m7hmEdg.jpg
Folks, we just witnessed a war of epic proportions! I am not sure how to comment at this point in time on the end of our main event. How either man is able to be standing after that Superplex to the floor is beyond me. I don’t know what the bigger story here is - Rude’s insane display of determination and viciousness, or Big Van Vader’s resilience after three rounds against three of the absolute best that WCW has to offer?
Let me tell you something, Harley… If you will… What we just saw will shape the remainder of the season. I have no doubt that despite both men ending the broadcast on their feet, there will be lasting effects of that superplex. And don’t forget, tomorrow night both men are scheduled to compete in the annual Superbrawl Battle Royale!
yQXPnPd.jpg
It’s worth noting that only one night remains in Round Three and Lex Luger is the only individual at this point to secure all 9 potential points out of his first three matches. He can only be matched by his friend, Sting. Could their alliance be hampered by competition, or will it only strengthen from their need to dominate WCW?
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
All I can say is, folks, despite an amazing night of action tonight, WCW is not done for the weekend! Because tomorrow night, WCW is live on Pay Per View for Superbrawl 1994! The best wrestling action on the market - you cannot afford to miss it!
Of course… before we go tonight, we have to crown an MVP for the week… and this week, on WCW’s World Wide program, it was Dr. Death, Steve Williams who put on the best performance during his gruelling 20 minute time limit draw against The Steiner Brothers.
yQXPnPd.jpg
Sayonara, folks!
HwXAX8e.jpg

Edited by CactusHack
Typo
  • Like 3

WCW Superbrawl  1994 Preview

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Eaton Open : Bobby Eaton vs ??? (Bonus Point for Guessing Opponent)
Street Fight : The Journeymen vs The Terrors
Thunder Dragon vs The Outsiders
30 Man Superbrawl Battle Royal
Sting, Luger & Muta vs Player Enterprises

SYNOPSIS

Well folks, it's time for the first Pay Per View event of the year! It's Superbrawl 94!

Bobby Eaton of The Classic Era has been red hot as of late under the management of 'The Kiwi Queen' Susan Sexton. After his most recent tag team victory (which won him the weekly MVP), Susan Sexton proclaimed that she has created the 'Eaton Open' and is opening the ring to any member of the WCW roster to step up and face him at Superbrawl. Who will take on the challenge?

At the end of the 1993 season, One Man Gang and Dan Spivey came up one match short from a promotion to the Premier League when they suffered a shock defeat at the hands of The Journeymen, Al Snow and Chris Adams. The Terrors, distraught over this outcome, caved to their frustrations and turned their backs on their supporters, unleashing a vicious beating on The Journeymen in retaliation. The animosity between the two teams is at a fever pitch and their Grand Prix match-up is still months away, so WCW management has decided to let them loose on each other on PPV in a no holds barred, anything goes Street Fight. Will The Terrors finally feel as though they have gotten their revenge, or will The Journeymen squeeze another victory over their large adversaries?

Another heavily favoured team suffered an outcome that didn't sit well with them, as Scott Hall and Kevin Nash were brought the distance to a time limit draw against the much smaller duo of Jushin Thunder Liger and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat. Unable to let it go, the two teams agreed to a rematch without a time limit on PPV to settle their score!

Last year, the annual Superbrawl Battle Royal was won by 'Ravishing' Rick Rude, who utilized the massive win to kickstart the momentum he needed to go on to win WCW's most prestigious prize, The Premier League Grand Prix. This year, the field is better than ever with some of the biggest names in professional wrestling entering the ring for their chance at the trophy and the momentum that comes with it. Of course, at the centre of it all is the possibility that WCW fans get a preview of Hulk Hogan versus Ric Flair! And fresh off of an insane ending to Saturday Night, will defending champion 'Ravishing' Rick Rude and Big Van Vader share the ring once more? Who will emerge victorious?

Plus, in the main event, it's Player Enterprises taking on the team of Lex Luger, Sting and The Great Muta! After Muta spent 1993 with Player Enterprises and winning the 1993 Division Two Grand Prix to earn a promotion into the Premier League, it seemed as though the stable was destined to dominate the League with three members in the top division. However, underlying tensions from 1993 split into 94 and when Muta had to square off against Bam Bam Bigelow in Grand Prix competition, the tension boiled over. Refusing to take a dive, Muta fought back and the two men fought to a draw, and immediately afterwards Nobuhiko Takada opted to turn his back on Muta and end his run with the group. But Muta has found unlikely allies in Sting and Luger. Sting specifically has had his battles with Takada and Muta previously. What will happen when these 6 men clash in Superbrawl's main event?
CURRENT STANDINGS

Old School Fan : 30/48 - 63%
DHK1989 : 30/48 - 63%
Nobby_McDonald : 4/6 - 67%
StanMiguel : 4/6 - 67%
Lord Byron : 32/48 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 34/48 - 71%
 SonOfSharknado : 38/48 - 79% 

• Like 3

Eaton Open : Bobby Eaton vs Owen Hart
30 Man Superbrawl Battle Royal Hulk Hogan 

This might be an extremely deep cut, but every Jesse Ventura and Magnum TA segment reminds me of Hannity & Colmes where the only real purpose Magnum seems to serve in these segments is to say a thing that Jesse can steamroll and call him a stupid idiot bitch for having the dissenting opinion. 

Edited by SonOfSharknado
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SonOfSharknado said:

This might be an extremely deep cut, but every Jesse Ventura and Magnum TA segment reminds me of Hannity & Colmes where the only real purpose Magnum seems to serve in these segments is to say a thing that Jesse can steamroll and call him a stupid idiot bitch for having the dissenting opinion. 

You nailed it. I'm Canadian and they are based off of Don Cherry and Ron McLean who function exactly like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eaton Open : Bobby Eaton vs Misawa (Bonus Point for Guessing Opponent)
30 Man Superbrawl Battle Royal - Hmmm... someone from the second or third column... Stan Hansen or DDP... Stan Hansen

Posted (edited)

mncB4QZ.jpeg

It’s the end of February, 1994, and it WCW is hailing from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Welcome, to Superbrawl!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first big event of the year, Superbrawl '94! Tonight, we're in for a treat as the premier league of wrestling takes center stage. First up, we have a high-flying showdown as Thunder Dragon, comprised of Ricky Steamboat and Jushin Liger, takes on the devious duo known as The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Then, prepare yourselves for the chaos of the thirty-man battle royal, where legends like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Powerhouse Simmons, and Big Van Vader will collide in a quest for the prestigious Superbrawler Trophy. And in our main event, we have an explosive six-man tag team match, pitting the unlikely alliance of Sting, Great Muta, and Lex Luger against the formidable force of Player Enterprises, consisting of Nobuhiko Takada, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Terry Taylor. It's sure to be an unforgettable night of action!
Now, let me tell ya somethin', folks! Tonight's lineup is stacked with some of the finest talent you'll ever see. Thunder Dragon, they're gonna soar to new heights and take down those Outsiders, mark my words. And that battle royal? Well, you better believe my money's on the powerhouse himself, Powerhouse Simmons, to come out on top. And as for that main event, with Sting, Great Muta, and Lex Luger teaming up? Ain't nobody gonna stop 'em tonight!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Oh, Dusty, Dusty, Dusty... You're so blinded by your love for those good guys, you can't see the truth staring you right in the face! The Outsiders are gonna outsmart Thunder Dragon, no question about it. And in that battle royal? Please, the crafty veterans like Ric Flair and Rick Rude are gonna outlast everyone else and claim that trophy for themselves. And as for the main event, Player Enterprises may not be the fan favorites, but they're gonna show Sting, Muta, and Luger what real teamwork looks like.
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Let's not forget, gentlemen, that anything can happen in the world of professional wrestling. While Dusty and Paul have their favorites, it's important to consider the skill and strategy each competitor brings to the table. Tonight's matches are sure to keep us on the edge of our seats from start to finish.
But folks, let me tell ya, if there's one match you absolutely cannot miss tonight, it's that main event! Sting, Muta, and Luger may seem like an unlikely trio, but when they step into that ring together, magic happens. They're gonna bring the fight to Player Enterprises like never before, and I guarantee ya, it's gonna be one for the history books!
yQXPnPd.jpg
Alright, alright, Dusty, you've made your point. Tonight's main event is gonna be a spectacle, no doubt about it. But mark my words, Player Enterprises are gonna prove why they're the top dogs in this business. Now, let's send it over to our ringside commentators, Tony Schiavone and Jim Ross, who will guide us through all the action. Take it away, gentlemen!
HwXAX8e.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The arena buzzes with anticipation as Bobby Eaton, accompanied by his manager 'The Kiwi Queen' Susan Sexton and tag team partner Dave Finlay, issues 'The Eaton Open' challenge to any wrestler brave enough to step into the ring with him. Suddenly, the crowd erupts as WCW rookie Chris Benoit, flanked by his Wild Stallions partner Joey Maggs, boldly accepts the challenge. Commentary notes the strategic implications of Benoit's decision, considering the upcoming Round of the WCW Tag Team Grand Prix where The Stallions will face Eaton and Finlay, known as The Classic Era. Bobby Eaton, renowned for his ring savvy and experience, exudes confidence as he prepares to face his young challenger.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
The Eaton Open is a testament to Bobby Eaton's confidence and prowess in the ring. But tonight, he faces a formidable opponent in Chris Benoit, a rising star in WCW. It's a clash of generations, and I expect this match to be nothing short of extraordinary.
Absolutely, Jim. Chris Benoit's decision to answer the challenge speaks volumes about his determination and fearlessness. He may be a rookie, but he's proven himself capable of going toe-to-toe with the best in the business. Tonight, we'll see if he can rise to the occasion against a seasoned veteran like Bobby Eaton.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match begins with both competitors trading holds and strikes, each vying for control in the squared circle. Eaton's experience shines as he expertly maneuvers around the ring, dictating the pace of the match and keeping Benoit on the defensive. However, Benoit's tenacity and resilience prove to be formidable assets as he refuses to back down, mounting a spirited offense against his more experienced opponent. As the match progresses, the momentum swings back and forth, with neither competitor willing to concede defeat. Eaton showcases his trademark technical prowess, while Benoit unleashes a barrage of high-flying maneuvers, keeping the crowd on the edge of their seats. Despite Eaton's best efforts, Benoit continues to fight valiantly, refusing to be intimidated by the veteran's reputation.

In the thrilling conclusion, Eaton manages to gain the upper hand, delivering a devastating Alabama Jam to Benoit, securing the victory in 'The Eaton Open'. As the referee counts the pinfall, the crowd erupts into cheers and applause for both competitors, acknowledging the hard-fought battle they have just witnessed.

In the post-match scene, Bobby Eaton stands tall in the center of the ring, his hand raised in victory by Susan Sexton, while Chris Benoit, although defeated, receives a standing ovation from the crowd for his impressive performance. Despite the outcome, both men earn each other's respect, setting the stage for their tag team match that is drawing near.

Bobby Eaton defeated Chris Benoit in 17:19 by way of pin fall.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Journeymen, Al Snow and Chris Adams, make their entrance, determined expressions etched on their faces. Opposite them, The Terrors, One Man Gang and Dan Spivey, exude menace and aggression as they stride down the aisle, ready for battle. This feud, born from betrayal and retribution, has escalated into a street fight, promising chaos and brutality from start to finish.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
The animosity between The Journeymen and The Terrors has reached a boiling point, culminating in this street fight. These four competitors are willing to push themselves to the limit to settle the score once and for all. It's a clash of wills and brute force, and I don't expect either team to back down easily.
Indeed, Jim. The history between these two teams runs deep, with betrayal and revenge fueling their rivalry. This street fight is the perfect platform for them to unleash their pent-up aggression and settle their differences in the most violent way possible. It's sure to be a match the fans won't soon forget.
1JITbbY.jpg
As the match gets underway, chaos ensues as weapons are introduced into the fray, intensifying the already brutal nature of the contest. Both teams unleash a barrage of strikes and maneuvers, using everything at their disposal to gain the upper hand. The action spills out of the ring and into the surrounding arena, as the competitors wage war in a no-holds-barred battle for supremacy. Despite their valiant efforts, The Journeymen find themselves overwhelmed by the ruthless onslaught of The Terrors. One Man Gang and Dan Spivey unleash a relentless assault, targeting their opponents with ruthless precision. The Journeymen fight back with everything they have, but the sheer brutality of The Terrors proves to be too much to overcome.

In the final moments of the match, Dan Spivey delivers a devastating blow to Chris Adams, incapacitating him and leaving him vulnerable to defeat. With a triumphant roar, Spivey pins Adams for the three-count, securing victory for The Terrors in this brutal street fight. As the bell rings, the arena erupts into chaos, with both teams battered and bruised, but The Terrors emerging victorious in their quest for retribution.

In the aftermath of the match, The Terrors stand tall in the center of the ring, gloating over their hard-fought victory, while The Journeymen lick their wounds and regroup, vowing to continue their fight another day.

The Terrors defeated The Journeymen in 10:16 after Dan Spivey pinned Chris Adams.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Thunder Dragon, comprised of the smaller Jushin Thunder Liger and the veteran Ricky Steamboat, exudes confidence as they step into the ring, ready to prove themselves against their formidable opponents. On the other side, The Outsiders, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, ooze swagger and arrogance, determined to avenge their previous time limit draw and assert their dominance once and for all.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
This rematch between Thunder Dragon and The Outsiders is a testament to the competitive spirit of tag team wrestling in WCW. Both teams are hungry for victory, and tonight, they'll leave it all in the ring to settle the score once and for all. It's a clash of styles and experience, with momentum hanging in the balance.
Absolutely, Jim. The chemistry between Thunder Dragon is undeniable, but they'll need to rely on more than just their individual talents to overcome the formidable duo of The Outsiders. This rematch is a chance for both teams to prove themselves and solidify their place in the tag team division.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match unfolds with Thunder Dragon showcasing their technical prowess and high-flying agility, keeping The Outsiders on their toes with a relentless assault. However, Nash and Hall's experience and cunning tactics allow them to gain the upper hand, systematically wearing down their opponents and cutting off the ring to prevent any tags.

As the match reaches its climax, the action intensifies, with both teams pulling out all the stops in a desperate bid for victory. Despite their best efforts, the match exceeds the time limit of standard Grand Prix matches, leaving both teams exhausted and determined to secure the win. In a shocking turn of events, Ricky Steamboat manages to catch Kevin Nash off guard with a lightning-fast roll-up, securing the victory for Thunder Dragon to the astonishment of the crowd. The Outsiders are left reeling, unable to believe they were defeated in such a manner.

The post-match scene sees Thunder Dragon celebrating their hard-fought victory in the center of the ring, while The Outsiders seethe with frustration at their defeat.

Thunder Dragon defeated The Outsiders in 22:59 when Ricky Steamboat pinned Kevin Nash

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Yw8oqxT.jpg
This battle royal is a true showcase of talent, featuring some of the biggest names in wrestling. With so much on the line, every competitor will be pulling out all the stops to emerge victorious. It's going to be a wild ride from start to finish. We have to remember that last year’s winner, Rick Rude, used the momentum from winning the Superbrawler Cup to go on to win WCW’s Grand Prix, the most prestigious prize in all of wrestling.
Absolutely, Jim. The Superbrawler Cup is one of the most prestigious events in wrestling, and tonight's battle royal promises to be nothing short of spectacular. With alliances forming and betrayals lurking around every corner, the action is sure to be unpredictable.
1JITbbY.jpg
Wrestlers entered in staggered 60 second intervals, starting off with Arn Anderson and Kevin Sullivan. It’s standard fare, nothing crazy, but all the big names are here. Rick Rude is in pretty early and soaks up some heat. He does a comedic spot with The Fantastics where he goes to press slam Tommy Rogers over the top rope, but Bobby Fulton throws himself over the top rope to catch Rogers, protecting him from further injuring his shoulder. The crowd pops and Fulton relishes in his big save and then puts Rogers down on the floor to take a bow for the catch. Rogers and Fulton then argue a bit over the spot. As the match progresses, The Four Horsemen build up momentum as each member slowly enters the fold, working together to beat down the fan favourite Hulk Hogan. In a big moment, Rude and Vader manage to eliminate one-another simultaneously. Meanwhile, the field in the ring starts to dwindle and Hogan and DDP are outmanned by Flair, Pillman and Gilbert of The Four Horsemen and a few additional unaligned wrestlers. The final member of the battle royal is the final member of the Horsemen, Steve Austin. During his entrance, JR and Schiavone talk about how Austin is unanimously hated by the rest of the roster. He enters and the Horsemen brag about outnumbering Hogan and DDP by double. The rest of the field all turns on Austin though, beating him down and tossing him out all while Hogan and DDP laugh. JR calls Austin ‘America’s Most Hated’.

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair find themselves as the final two competitors, setting the stage for an epic showdown between two wrestling icons ahead of their one-on-one encounter this coming week. Despite Hogan's best efforts, Flair gains the upper hand with an assist from a returning Steve Austin, ultimately eliminating Hogan and securing victory in dramatic fashion.

In the aftermath of the match, tensions run high as Flair celebrates his hard-fought win, while Hogan seethes with frustration over his defeat. Steve Austin, reveling in his newfound infamy, rejoins Flair and the rest of the Four Horsemen in the ring as JR and Schiavone berate Austin for his foul play.

Ric Flair won the 1994 Superbrawler Cup in 50:21 by last tossing Hulk Hogan over the top rope last.

Magnum TA and Jesse Ventura make their way to the ring, carrying the Superbrawler Cup. Magnum holds the trophy up while Jesse Ventura talks up Ric Flair’s massive victory, asking him if this gives him an advantage going into his match against Hogan this week in the WCW Grand Prix? The rest of the Horsemen get into the ring to celebrate with Flair. He woos and warns Hogan that Saturday Night, they’re running it back!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Player Enterprises comes out first with Nobuhiko Takada confidently leading the charge. They are followed by their manager, Teddy Long. They stand in the ring awaiting their opponents as JR and Schiavone run down the history between these men. Finally, the music hits and out comes Lex Luger, Sting and The Great Muta! Muta is wearing similar face-paint as Sting.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
It’s a fever pitch here in Atlanta for our main event and the bad blood between these men is ready to boil over! The question tonight is simple, can Muta co-exist with his make-shift partners? And based on him wearing Sting’s signature facepaint on the way to the ring, I think the answer will be yes!
Absolutely, Jim. The history between Muta and Player Enterprises runs deep, and tonight, we're seeing it all come to a head. With the stakes higher than ever, tensions are running high, and every move in this matchup could be the difference between victory and defeat.
1JITbbY.jpg
The match unfolds with both teams unleashing a relentless onslaught of offense, each determined to gain the upper hand. The anticipation reaches a fever pitch as Takada and Muta finally come face-to-face in the ring, their bitter history fueling their every move. As the action spills out of the ring, chaos ensues, with Muta and Takada brawling around the arena, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

In the climax of the match, chaos erupts as Takada and Muta brawl around the ring, their personal vendetta taking center stage. Muta, bloodied but unbowed, summons his legendary mist and blinds Takada, turning the tide of the match in his team's favor. In the confusion, Takada accidentally strikes Terry Taylor with a Roundhouse Kick, opening the door for Luger to lock in the Torture Rack and secure the victory for his team.

The post-match scene sees Muta standing tall in the center of the ring, his face a crimson mask as he celebrates his hard-fought victory over his former stablemates.

Sting, Lex Luger and The Great Muta defeated Player Enterprises in 26:01 by way of submission when Lex Luger forced Terry Taylor to submit.

Edited by CactusHack
  • Like 3

1994 GRAND PRIX : ROUND 3 | CARD 3 PREVIEW

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan
Sting vs Cactus Jack
Bam Bam Bigelow vs Barry Windham
Rock N Roll Express vs The Young Pistols
Scotty Flamingo vs Johnny B Badd
Larry Zbyzsko vs Michael Hayes

SYNOPSIS

Fresh off of WCW's first Pay Per View event of the year, it's time for the final night of Round Three action, featuring one of the biggest main events in the history of WCW!

In Division Two action, two men who've had legendary careers but are in a rut at the moment collide as Larry Zbyzsko and 'Freebird' Michael Hayes square off, both with the goal of collecting their first points of the season. Will Shane Douglas and Michael Hayes finally get on the same page and aid in Hayes collecting his first win in singles competition, or will the tension continue between the man who had to step out of the division due to injury and the man who he chose to replace him? Plus the nefarious Scotty Flamingo looks to continue his winning ways against Johnny B Badd. Will Flamingo Corp's leader continue to buy himself victorious by hook or by crook, or will he get knocked down a peg by virtue of a knockout punch from Johnny B?

Meanwhile, in tag team action, two constant fixtures in WCW's tag team division collide for the third time in three seasons, as The Young Pistols and The Rock N Roll Express take to the ring. The Express have won the two previous Grand Prix encounters between the teams, but The Pistols hold a Pay Per View victory over The Express. With neither team off to a good start to the season, who will pick up the win to step out of the bottom of the tag team division?

In Premier League action, Sting takes on the unbalanced Cactus Jack in what is sure to be a brawl. Can Sting remain perfect on the season and keep pace at the top of the league with his best friend, Lex Luger? Or will the unstable Mr. Bang Bang pick up his first ever Premier League victory? Meanwhile, Bam Bam Bigelow and Barry Windham wage war for the second time in WCW Premier League history. Back in 1992, Barry Windham was victorious in their sole previous encounter. This time though, Bigelow has a lot of built up anger stemming from his issues with former stable-mate The Great Muta. Can Bigelow harness his anger towards retribution against Windham? Or will it cost him?

Finally, in the main event of the night, it's a legendary clash between 'Hulkamania' Hulk Hogan and 'The Man' Ric Flair. While the two have met on the house show circuit for WWF previously, no major matches between the two have ever occurred. And now, with Hogan in WCW and The Four Horsemen reborn, will Flair take down Hogan? Certainly, the momentum is in his court after winning WCW's Superbrawler Cup by last defeating Hogan. One thing is for sure - this is one of the biggest matches wrestling has to offer, and is sure to be watched by millions.
CURRENT STANDINGS

StanMiguel : 7/12 - 58%
Nobby_McDonald : 7/12 - 58%
Old School Fan : 32/54 - 59%
DHK1989 : 33/54 - 62%
Lord Byron : 36/54 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 37/54 - 69%
 SonOfSharknado : 42/54 - 78%