Wrestling Timelines: 1986

4 hours ago, jhd1 said:

WWFWrestlingChallenge.jpgWWFSuperstarsOfWrestling.jpg

This is where I'm heading with TV logos. They should be in the next update :)

Hope everyone who is downloaded is having fun so far!

Just a question, will the TV sets change once we reach the 90's, 2000's? (if you're willing to go to such years).

26 minutes ago, LordofGustav said:

Just a question, will the TV sets change once we reach the 90's, 2000's? (if you're willing to go to such years).

I thought about that. You can't have agers for TV shows unfortunately but I'll probably do a different TV set at some point and players can manually change if they want.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 7:51 AM, jhd1 said:

She's in, she worked as Lori Lynn in the AWA and (I think) the LPWA.

On 4/26/2023 at 4:41 AM, Jaysin said:

I was really hoping to see Colonel Ninotchka, but understand the reasoning behind leaving her out if that's the case. I just always liked to book her as Nikita Koloff's manager similar to Ludmilla and Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. 

Colonel Ninotchka is set as a male in the data ....

Both Ivan Putski and Paul Roma are set to heels when they should be faces.

The other thing is Cable TV. I get the idea of making Prime Time Television the A-show, since that's typically where you could see MSG, Boston Garden, & Spectrum matches and I think that's a good work around. The problem I have is that at that point in history, cable hasn't reached 50% market penetration. At the same time, over the air broadcasting is still king and syndication should be reflective of that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LordofGustav said:

The Great American Bash should be set only to be ever held in the USA.... (actually set anywhere)

Done

1 hour ago, gwblack said:

The other thing is Cable TV. I get the idea of making Prime Time Television the A-show, since that's typically where you could see MSG, Boston Garden, & Spectrum matches and I think that's a good work around. The problem I have is that at that point in history, cable hasn't reached 50% market penetration. At the same time, over the air broadcasting is still king and syndication should be reflective of that.

I've fixed the alignments of Putski and Roma.

In terms of the syndication broadcasters, what is it that you're wanting me to change? Syndication is already set to small and it probably doesn't want to go any smaller than that? The single-region syndication broadcasters are Very Small. I've just realised that they are all currently set to terrestrial free-to-air and should probably be set to terrestrial commercial (free-to-air in TEW means a public broadcaster, not free-to-air in that there is no charge to watch it). If there are other changes you think need making just let me know.

@gwblack - I think I misunderstood your point earlier ( @Markw helped explain it). I'll have a look at the cable sizes. I've deliberately left syndication quite small in size because otherwise it becomes overpowered for local promotions (which are at a size that TEW doesn't handle TV for well). I might increase the size of the nationwide syndication and play around with the company size requirements. I'll post my plan before the next update along with any findings from watchers.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, snakesonaplane said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere about how you do these great gif gfx with the logo overlays? They're really awesome.

Thanks. There's not a specific tutorial for these (that I'm aware of), no but over the next couple of days I'll get together all the templates and post them with some basic instructions and then anyone can have a go :) It's very straightforward fortunately!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:17 PM, gwblack said:

So, looking at some figures for viewership and number of households in 1986, my plan is to change the US network coverage as follows:

Cable commercial

• USA Network to Medium
  • ESPN to Medium
  • WTBS to Medium
  • Bravo to Very Small

Cable PPV

• Viewer's Choice to Small
  • CCTV to Very Small

Terrestrial commercial (was free-to-air)

• Bump all single region syndication up to Small
  • Bump nationwide syndication to Medium

The rest will stay as they are (unless there are any requirements to change). I'll get some watchers run and we'll see how that plays out. If all is okay, that'll be in the next update.

Once those are working okay, I'll look at some broadcaster changes to shift up the cable viewership and drop the nationwide syndication down a bit (otherwise everyone would just be using syndication!).

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:16 AM, snakesonaplane said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere about how you do these great gif gfx with the logo overlays? They're really awesome.

Those templates are now located in post 3 (FAQ).

• Like 1