FCW: It Matters!

Really enjoyed the show. FCW has some of my favorite workers in Xavi, Cobra, DWN and Joffy.

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Mutant- Handsome wins in another lucky win. 

FCW Tag Team Titles

Relentless(c) vs Young & Wasted - they are young but are a solid enough team and I think this is the next title that will be leaving the House.

FCW People's Championship

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs King Kong Kennedy- homegrown guy that can work, he should hold the belt for a bit. 

Marco Gonzalez vs Kanishoki- gets Marco some momentum and pop going into his big match.

Cobra vs Tex Tegan- Cobra is one of my favorites and super underrated imo.

Ox Mastadon vs Giant Brody - could go either way but Brody is the better worker if I'm remembering correctly and could be a big time player if BCG doesn't get in the way.

FCW Puerto Rican Title 

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Mutant

I think it we'll see a big build before el jefe loses the title, not a battle royale on a B show

FCW Tag Team Titles

Relentless(c) vs Young & Wasted

House Handsome stays strong

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs King Kong Kennedy

First defence and Kennedy's a fat mess

Marco Gonzalez vs Kanishoki

He's not losing to a washed up sumo after his big win

Cobra vs Tex Tegan

Better character

Ox Mastadon vs Giant Brody

Similar positions on the card but I'm intrigued to see where the mystery woman angle is going

Really enjoying this so far, great stuff!

Card for FCW: FREEDOM Of The City

FCW's third major show of the year still has an air of mystery surrounding it with a couple of opponents still unknown. Both the Puerto Rican Title match and the next challenge for FCW's youngest prospect have been chosen by Puerto Rican Power. We will also see the tag titles defended in what promises to be a violent 6 man tag and the new champion of the people faces his next opponent in the form of a cowboy lacking in moral fibre. 

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) vs ???

FCW Tag Team Titles Gang Warfare

Relentless(c) and ??? vs The Latino Kings

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs Tex Tegan

Kanishoki vs Bull Wrecker

Joffy Laine vs Davis Wayne Newton

Marco Gonzalez vs ??? (A former Puerto Rican Champion)

Just realised I didn't post the results of the last set of predictions. Will add them in to the results from this one with the running total for all shows. 

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 2

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Doesn't matter who it is it feels like that's the result idk

I mean it could be someone good enough to justify Relentless winning but it's Gang Warfare!

Marco Gonzales vs ??? (A former Puerto Rican Champion)

PREDICTIONS

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) def. ???

The Latino Kings def. Relentless(c) and ???

Island Boy Apollo(c) def. Tex Tegan

Bull Wrecker def. Kanishoki

Davis Wayne Newton def. Joffy Laine

Marco Gonzales def. ??? (A former Puerto Rican Champion)

Edited by DinoKea

FCW Puerto Rican Title

I can't see a surprise entrant getting the win over HS, and I think this'll be another sneaky/smart win by the champ.

The return of Jesus Chavez should help the LKs, but I think the surprise addition (Juggs? Xavi? A new HH member) will be the deciding factor.

The easiest to predict. There's no way Tex is winning this.

Kanishoki = terrible.

Neither guy has been massively featured so far, and I'm going to go with Laine as a random guess.

I'm torn on this one. Either Marco continues to look strong and Carlos holds him back, or he loses here and has a longer build to his title match. Whoever it is, I think they get the win.

Loving everything so far. Keep it up!

FCW Puerto Rican Title

As I've stated before, I think El Jefe losing the belt is a huge deal, so he won't be dropping it to triple question mark

Hmmmm, I do think the Latino Kings will eventually take the belts, but the six man gives you an out to hold off on a title change for a while longer

Island Boy is just better and still early into his reign

I think Wrecker's a really underutilised talent in diaries

Two top talents destined for better things. I think Laine is a little further up the card but could go either way

Marco's getting too cocky so this will bring him back down to earth. I notice this is the first card you haven't booked Giant Brody on...

FCW Puerto Rican Title

The presentation of this dynasty is incredible and it's backed up with some very compelling stories. I like the starting premise of staying true to the promotion's roots and following a natural trajectory rather than changing everything or taking a more global approach. The Marco Gonzalez angle is my highlight so far: an 18-year-old with the world at his feet already both in terms of connections and the in-ring opportunity he's earned. It feels like there are so many interesting directions you can take it, so I look forward to seeing how it plays out. The tag title finish in this latest show sets things up nicely for the next few too with Xavi Ferrera taking the fall that cost his stablemates the gold and the House of Handsome down to one title as a result.

Edit: Forgot to add that I enjoyed the People's Championship post-match spot for making the crowd reaction part of the show. I always figure it has to boost the atmosphere in an intimate venue like this when they you show the crowd their participation can make a difference.

Edited by 619

On 2/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, 619 said:

The presentation of this dynasty is incredible and it's backed up with some very compelling stories. I like the starting premise of staying true to the promotion's roots and following a natural trajectory rather than changing everything or taking a more global approach. The Marco Gonzalez angle is my highlight so far: an 18-year-old with the world at his feet already both in terms of connections and the in-ring opportunity he's earned. It feels like there are so many interesting directions you can take it, so I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Appreciate the kind words! Yes Marco is definitely going to be a main character, it's a fun challenge as he started with I think 8 popularity and he's so green stat wise, but especially once I get weekly TV I'm hoping his stats can improve fast. I'm May in game at the moment and he's made some improvements but he needs to be wrestling and cutting promos more than once a month for this fast track. 

Speaking of TV I'm actually making the jump to 3 monthly events, after 1 month making a profit (albeit small) I'm confident I can fit it in budget wise but I didn't like the idea of having 3 events that are in game on the same level but only booking/writing 1 with any real importance. So what I'm doing is the 2 shows that won't get a write up will sell their tickets in game very cheap whereas the proper monthly event with titles on the line/much more storyline development will stick with the normal price. That way in my mind (and in game) the crowd coming in aren't expecting the same level of show. Perhaps some would see this as a bit gamey, but I think it's justified enough and in the long run the diary will be better for it. 

• Like 3

Card for FCW: FREEDOM Of Speech

This month two stars of FCW get a chance at a second shot at the title, both men have genuine reasons for their loss but their excuses don't matter, what matters is which one can get their hand raised at the end of the night. The newly crowned tag champs have often called themselves family and for years have backed up those words, always looking out for each other. Now the trio will team with two blood relatives in a 5 on 5 match that could spell disaster for The House. Elsewhere on the card three singles match that promise to include tables, some great wrestling and a wild brawl for the People's Championship. 

Winner gets FCW Puerto Rican Title shot

Bradford Peverell vs Mutant

The Latino Kings & The Gonzalez Family vs The House of Handsome

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs Martyr

Kip Keenan vs Curtis Shaw

Tables Match: Ox Mastadon vs Bull Wrecker

• Like 3

let's go with a fancy ol' draw

Young Gonzales isn't ready

He's too good

Why not

PREDICTIONS 

Winner gets FCW Puerto Rican Title shot

Mutant def. Bradford Peverell

The House of Handsome def. The Latino Kings & The Gonzalez Family

Island Boy Apollo(c) def. Martyr

Kip Keenan def. Curtis Shaw

Tables Match: Ox Mastadon def. Bull Wrecker

It was Mutant last time. I think Peverell gets the win, but sets up some more distrust between the pair.

The House gets the win here, but I think Marco does really great, maybe even getting a visual pin on the champ?

Another good win for IBA. Martyr has potential but he's not there yet.

Kip is a singles guy and the bigger star. Shaw will be great at some point, though.

I think Bull has a higher ceiling than Ox, although they're both fantastic midcarders.

Feel like Mutant needs a bit more character development before his eventual ascent to the top

Big trouble in little House of Handsome

Island Boy's first big challenge but this isn't PSW so I think he takes this

Lol

Big lad gets his win back